User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:38   #101
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: What Alliance Has The Best Name

he corrected you in his post.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:48   #102
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Legion - awe inspiring and organised to the point of perfection
Fury - Relentless, ruthless and merciless
Virus - All consuming and lethal
Wolfpack - Tenacious and dangerous

All these are great alliance names that force people to think of a particular image aside from the fact they were militarily superb, it was all part of the fear factor.

However, the following mental image has never filled me with dread other than possibly having to listen to the theme tune to the film:

Xanadu - Olivia Newton John on roller skates

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:54   #103
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Xanadu was the summer capital of Kublai Khan's Mongol empire.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 12:58   #104
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Xanadu was the summer capital of Kublai Khan's Mongol empire.
http://http://www.onlyolivia.com/visual/xanadu/

Like I said, just the mental image it inspired in me

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:02   #105
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always associated Fury with blood for some reason. And the Empire from Star Wars thanks to listening to zhil.

PS Did mazz just call virus militarily superb?
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 13:11   #106
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

I bet he ment during round 2 when I was Military Commander!

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:26   #107
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Only by association with flvvt

Quote:
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:05   #108
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Penis-Allianz

Cant be that hard \o/

Btw, recruitment is still open.
So, if you got your 3 HC-vouches feel free to ask if you dare to join....

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:16   #109
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
he corrected you in his post.
No.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:21   #110
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
Penis-Allianz

Cant be that hard \o/
Oh innuendo whatever will you get up to next
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:34   #111
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
No.
Yes.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 15:39   #112
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
No.
Yes I did.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:16   #113
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Yes I did.
<PantomimeComedy>

Oh, no you didn't

</PantomimeComedy>

Quote:
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 16:19   #114
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Yes I did.
Yes you did! I'll put on my asshat now.

(How could I know you corrected me in MY quote?)
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:19   #115
[SH]Lyam
Fellow hamster

[SH]Lyam is an unknown quantity at this point

Spacehamsters FTW!!
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 02:42   #116
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve

Legion Ftw !

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 16:48   #117
Kael
The Evil Hamster

Kael will become famous soon enoughKael will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SH]Lyam
Spacehamsters FTW!!
hear hear!!

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - It's time to toss the dice.

#Spacehamsters
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2006, 10:45   #118
MoC

Blue Tuba of course and
Fury those where the best alliance i have ever been in mostly fury
Unread 1 Apr 2006, 22:39   #119
Roid
VGN Peon

Roid is on a distinguished road

i'm going to go with VGN aka Vegeance
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 01:49   #120
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

i kinda liked templar [+] then they was around
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 15:23   #121
LC2000

hehe ... for some reason I decided to visit an old game I played the other day and found it still exists.

Biaised opinion for best alliance: Fury - but then I was Fury in the 2 rounds I played (round 2 and 3) and I have fond memories of the times.

Others... I liked Bluetuba ... even at their lowest, there members seemed to keep good humour about the game. I remember Neurozic in G6 in round 2 used to do a new Furby picture every week or so in honour of Fury beating the crap out of him. Furby in a microwave and many more hilarious pics.

Legion - probably the best organised alliance at the time. And I loved the logo and motto.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 08:17   #122
Graham
Colax

Graham is an unknown quantity at this point

veneratio is an awful name, Heroic and Legion sound the best.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 22:00   #123
bmwoody
Schmuck

bmwoody has a spectacular aura aboutbmwoody has a spectacular aura about

I liked the old, powerful names. Fury, Titans, Legion... and I always thought ViruS had some interesting implications. ofc names like Vengeance kind of carry on that tradition. 1up is cool, but such a goofy name, lol

And, of course, Blue Tuba for the random factor and the fun visual. I also seem to remember one allcomp when all of a sudden a pack of [MadCows] popped up from nowhere... THAT was pretty random.

Last edited by bmwoody; 3 Apr 2006 at 22:06.
bmwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 03:35   #124
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Theese threads come back every so often

Virus - The name is just perfect for an online PC game imo.
Insomnia - What suits a hardcore alliance more?
Xanadu - Gotta love it!
VtS/Legion - Combined with all the banners and stuff, this name had a soul
Fury - Oldtimer. Simple and Genious.

My 5 favourite names. They are all real good. Theres also been lots of other cool names out there

Retired

Last edited by Jonas; 4 Apr 2006 at 04:00.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 04:12   #125
evilbaz
Wheres Wally?

evilbaz is on a distinguished road

Bluetuba Owned.. randomness is "1337"

Fury, Legion, and some others that i remember from the early rounds...
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 06:53   #126
[Aequitas]
Justice

[Aequitas] is on a distinguished road

ViruS is one of my absolute fav's..... but I love most ally names.. Legion, Fury, Wolfpack, 1up, Xanadu, etc etc....

Dont forget to give credit to Titans!!!!
[Aequitas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 07:10   #127
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbaz
Bluetuba Owned.. randomness is "1337"
Green trombone or orange trumpet I think would have been great if only they existed.

/silly comments.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 09:05   #128
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Green trombone or orange trumpet I think would have been great if only they existed.

/silly comments.
Pink Guitar (imagine the cool logo you'd have)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 12:37   #129
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Rock obviously cause we have always been rock solid
Titans because their name just gave the impression of power
fury and legion their names inspired fear
xanadu similar to Titans
elysium and virus get honourable mentions because those alliance names were just cool

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 11:33   #130
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Pink Guitar (imagine the cool logo you'd have)
And still you founded FAnG! Outrageous! Rename to Pink Guitars please, I wanna see the logo.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 20:26   #131
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

I have always favoured names which are short and snappy like Fury, Legion.. etc.
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 00:46   #132
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

How about which thread on this forum has the least point ?

I vote for ... oh .. nevermind
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 14:46   #133
aBnOrMaL

aBnOrMaL is an unknown quantity at this point

I think [ViruS] was an exellent name, altso always has had a knack for Fury as it displays the feeling of beeing roided...muahaha
aBnOrMaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:39   #134
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Theese threads come back every so often

Virus - The name is just perfect for an online PC game imo.
Insomnia - What suits a hardcore alliance more?
Xanadu - Gotta love it!
VtS/Legion - Combined with all the banners and stuff, this name had a soul
Fury - Oldtimer. Simple and Genious.

My 5 favourite names. They are all real good. Theres also been lots of other cool names out there
5 very good names I would agree with, although I would take out virus and insert elysium or titans I think
Unread 24 Apr 2006, 18:20   #135
Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov is an unknown quantity at this point

Fury
Legion
Xanadu
[+]

Don't know why, but I feel these names/tags had the most "authority".
Raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2006, 18:40   #136
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Fury and VisioN first place for me.

Insomnia is very nice, too.

Legion and Xanadu are simply good because of what they mean in the world of PA .

And 1up just sounds really cool :P.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote