User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2010, 19:00   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Right

So champagne is beyond you. Fine.

Let's try something easier ...

Do I want an Iphone?

Or do i want something else?

I currently pay 40 a month for 300 minutes and 100 texts on Orange.

I strongly suspect I am being screwed over (I have a pretty average phone but it does have the radio which i listen to) - as I am currently on gardening leave i have the time to sort out this kind of thing

Help
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 19:36   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Right

How long is left on your contract?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 00:43   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's over due for replacement by some months
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 03:53   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

35 a month for 600 minutes and 500 texts and free internet with the iPhone. I believe this is available on all the major providers
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 22:55   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The HTC Hero is a better phone than the iPhone
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 22:56   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Although the Bravo will be out soon and that's better
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 21:07   #7
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

O.k 5 days late but as i used to work for a mobile phone company i guess i can offer help.

- What features do you want the phone to have? What must it have what would be nice and what could you not care less about? You mentioned Radio for example.
- How much do you want to spend a month and are you bothered about a 12/18/24 month contract?
- what sort of handset do you want? Large Screen, flip phone, touch screen. slide phone ect ect
- What do you use the phone most for, calls, texts and/or internet or is email important?

You are more than likely being totally screwed on that contract. For 40 you can get a LOT more texts, call time and a pretty good phone from most networks.

Last edited by r2baz; 25 Feb 2010 at 21:08. Reason: added: or is email important
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 21:57   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz View Post
O.k 5 days late but as i used to work for a mobile phone company i guess i can offer help.

- What features do you want the phone to have? What must it have what would be nice and what could you not care less about? You mentioned Radio for example.
- How much do you want to spend a month and are you bothered about a 12/18/24 month contract?
- what sort of handset do you want? Large Screen, flip phone, touch screen. slide phone ect ect
- What do you use the phone most for, calls, texts and/or internet or is email important?

You are more than likely being totally screwed on that contract. For 40 you can get a LOT more texts, call time and a pretty good phone from most networks.
I want the nerds I trust to tell me what I want.

and then tell me how I go about doing it (ideally involving minimum fuss and/or effort on my part)
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 22:55   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
the nerds I trust
That's your first mistake, right there.
"And THEN," Mary was yelling and stomping up and down, "I'm going to take all the tiny little pieces of your body left over from the explosions and I'm going to put them in a bag and then I will throw it in the ocean so SHARKS will eat them! And then do you know what I'll be doing?" he screamed. "I... will... be... LAUGHING." He giggled. "AT YOU!" he added.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 23:07   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's your first mistake, right there.
I think I'll manage.
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 23:16   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I shall pray for you, my s... Wait hang on.
"And THEN," Mary was yelling and stomping up and down, "I'm going to take all the tiny little pieces of your body left over from the explosions and I'm going to put them in a bag and then I will throw it in the ocean so SHARKS will eat them! And then do you know what I'll be doing?" he screamed. "I... will... be... LAUGHING." He giggled. "AT YOU!" he added.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2010, 23:55   #12
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Hey yahwe is lincoln's inn any good? I just got a picture with Lord Walker there and he rambled on a little about the supreme court (he banged his gavel too!)
I saw someone who strangely resembled pig there but I don't see any reason for pig to have been there!
Unread 26 Feb 2010, 00:29   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Hey yahwe is lincoln's inn any good? I just got a picture with Lord Walker there and he rambled on a little about the supreme court (he banged his gavel too!)
I saw someone who strangely resembled pig there but I don't see any reason for pig to have been there!
Lincoln for the rich,
Inner for the poor,
Middle for the scholar,
Gray's for the whore
Unread 26 Feb 2010, 02:48   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

Well they did have portraits of quite a few judges that I recognised so it sounds pretty cool!
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 13:22   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shut up kila you wannabe

Yahwe, get an HTC. I have a Magic but mark is right, the Hero is better (and better than the iphone which is just a gimmick for sheep).

The HTC phones run on an OS built by Google called Droid. There's a few phones out there that use it. It means you get lots of nifty apps (like the iphone) but the ones that google have made are the best. I just downloaded Google translate today - you talk into the phone, it works out what you said, then it can say the same thing back in about 30 different languages. It's pretty neat!
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 17:45   #16
Yahwe
I am.

IF I was going to, where do i get one?

Also a friend of mine on friday was trying to talk me into a blackberry (on the grounds that they are more reliable and more 'grown up')

Unread 28 Feb 2010, 18:46   #17
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a glorious beacon of lightvuLgAr is a glorious beacon of lightvuLgAr is a glorious beacon of lightvuLgAr is a glorious beacon of lightvuLgAr is a glorious beacon of lightvuLgAr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
The HTC phones run on an OS built by Google called Droid.
Wrong the Android OS was not built by google, it was acquired by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
There's a few phones out there that use it. It means you get lots of nifty apps (like the iphone) but the ones that google have made are the best.
The iPhone has far more applications, personally i prefer the palm pre webOS to the HTC androidOS and this is basically what it boils down too "personal preference" So Yahwe take a trip to the local phone shop and have a try of a few, each can do the same as the other only in different ways, pick out the one you like the best.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 19:17   #18
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
Wrong the Android OS was not built by google, it was acquired by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
So Yahwe take a trip to the local phone shop and have a try of a few, each can do the same as the other only in different ways, pick out the one you like the best.
You're clearly not from around these parts.

I shan't miss you if you leave.
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 02:30   #19
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Also a friend of mine on friday was trying to talk me into a blackberry (on the grounds that they are more reliable and more 'grown up')

+1 I loved my Blackberry or Crackberry as i called it. If email is your thing and you want a really well made handset with a lovely physical keyboard then ..... 9700 Blackberry Bold.

The how you get it is easy. If pop along to your nearest mobile phone shop and ASK to see them and see how they feel.

If you wanna take a punt then go to www.carphonewarehouse.com and buy it on their website.

My choices are

Iphone 3gs Review - Buy it.
HTC Hero Review - Buy it.
Blackberry Bold Review - Buy it.

Bold v's Iphone

are 3 very nice handsets within your price bracket all available as above. Although i am sure others can suggest alternative outlets.

Or you could just save yourself the hassle and buy the damn iPhone
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 22:16   #20
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Which company are you with? Are you open to joining another one?

Blasto works in Vodafone on Oxford St - I'm sure he'd find a nice deal and be able to give you more useful information than us
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 23:58   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Do you know which one on oxford street?

How does carphone warehouse work? How does it make money (I don't object to people making money but i like to know how they do it).

Why isn't it vodaphone?
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 09:08   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

for someone who's supposed to know everything you sure ask a lot of questions :\
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 17:33   #23
Yahwe
I am.

how do you think i learned everything?
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 23:55   #24
Tomkat

Quote:

How does carphone warehouse work? How does it make money (I don't object to people making money but i like to know how they do it).

Why isn't it vodaphone?
1. I think it's the one near Bond Street tube but I don't know... do you have his number?

2. I don't really know. I assume it's some sort of commission based income but I don't see how it can be enough to run whole shops in major high streets.

2. I think Vodafone started somewhere else before coming to the UK (possible in europe somewhere?). Maybe they just thought it looked hip!
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 00:08   #25
Yahwe
I am.

I don't have his number -
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 21:11   #26
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

Quote:
Never been there but could be this one on Oxford Street. The site only shows one :/

Quote:
Not sure how it works these days but CPW used to get commission based on the contracts they sold for the networks (this was before the networks themselves really started to push there own stores onto the highstreets). Some networks used to give a whole load more commission than others. CPW kept getting accused of not really being "Independent" as it was said they just pushed the contracts and phones they made the most money out of. I think they are trying to change this perception now but essentially they get a cut and their sales advisors obv get commission on what they sell.

Quote:
Why isn't it vodaphone?
Fone prolly because it looks hip yeah the VODA comes from VOice and DAta i got told once but it does sounds good!
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 22:12   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Never been there but could be this one on Oxford Street. The site only shows one :/

1) the site shows more than 1 for people who can use the internet
2) by what right do you dare to presume that I would make such an obvious ****ing error?

twat
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 02:31   #28
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

Quote:
1) the site shows more than 1 for people who can use the internet
2) by what right do you dare to presume that I would make such an obvious ****ing error?

twat
1) You are right. I presumed putting "London" in the only search criteria available (without a post code) called "Town" would show me ALL shops. It doesn't. It was no personal reflection on you.
2) As for the tone of this question and the rest. I'm confused, and so just for clarity and my own personal satisfaction I have to ask, and please do respond in this thread so it cannot be missed - How old are you?

I hope you are happy with your purchase.
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 05:03   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

he'll oneline you to death suggesting he's immortal or something equally dull while implicating a highfive towards his little circlejerk of two or maybe three other posters that's what happens when you mess with forum god like that
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 11:43   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
1) You are right. I presumed putting "London" in the only search criteria available (without a post code) called "Town" would show me ALL shops. It doesn't. It was no personal reflection on you.
2) As for the tone of this question and the rest. I'm confused, and so just for clarity and my own personal satisfaction I have to ask, and please do respond in this thread so it cannot be missed - How old are you?

I hope you are happy with your purchase.
are you suggesting that there is a certain age which, when you reach it, makes you perfectly content to be patronised by lazy fools?

If you are then you must feel free to consider me distinctly below that age.
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 13:32   #31
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

Quote:
are you suggesting that there is a certain age which, when you reach it, makes you perfectly content to be patronised by lazy fools?

If you are then you must feel free to consider me distinctly below that age.
It was a perfectly valid question to ask somebody on an internet forum. Being called a "twat" in your response previously appeared childish and immature. I asked your age to clarify whether i was indeed speaking to a 12 year old or a grown man. This would then help me understand maybe more where and how somebody would be led to also write -
Quote:
I apologized and acknowledged my mistake. I even said that my mistake should not be seen as a personal relection on you.

However you are persistant aren't you? Once again you have found the personal insult and acted somewhat curiously to an innocuous response from somebody who had a genuine interest to help.

I am still willing to help in any phone related matter but consider all other matters closed.
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 15:08   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I am still willing to help in any phone related matter but consider all other matters closed.
but I'll still get a christmas card?
Unread 7 Mar 2010, 01:31   #33
_Kila_
break it down!

yahwe maybe you should be less of a dick sometimes
Unread 7 Mar 2010, 23:00   #34
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, i just renewed my iphone contract, pay 19.99 a month for 600minutes 1200 texts and free inet on O2 Simplicity. 1 month rolling contract so easy to get off if another phone becomes available. Just a thought.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2010, 23:26   #35
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Hmm, i just renewed my iphone contract, pay 19.99 a month for 600minutes 1200 texts and free inet on O2 Simplicity. 1 month rolling contract so easy to get off if another phone becomes available. Just a thought.
I see your point

- now it's just 'iphone or blackberry'

which i think i can summarise my position on as:

1) Blackberrys are what my clients have, they make you look professional and grown up and serious, you can get reception anywhere and they are easier for writing e-mails
2) Iphones are cool

this is my childish dilemma ...

maybe i should go for whichever one has the radio ...
Unread 8 Mar 2010, 00:01   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

did you stare into the void trying to put on your thoughtful face while typing the points at the end of these sentences?
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 13:48   #37
Marilyn Manson
Futureperfekt

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
did you stare into the void trying to put on your thoughtful face while typing the points at the end of these sentences?
don't knock him. he's a phenomenon.

he's so old fashioned, he almost married a woman.
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 16:32   #38
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
I see your point

- now it's just 'iphone or blackberry'

which i think i can summarise my position on as:

1) Blackberrys are what my clients have, they make you look professional and grown up and serious, you can get reception anywhere and they are easier for writing e-mails
2) Iphones are cool

this is my childish dilemma ...

maybe i should go for whichever one has the radio ...
why do iphones not look professional/grown up/serious?
Reception is generally fine; problems do exist but they're rare.
I don't see why blackberries would be easier for writing emails; I prefer the iPhone keyboard.

ps. I was sober when I last posted on this thread
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 16:33   #39
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
I did exactly this the other day
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 16:39   #40
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I think the root of it is that awful view that anything fun can't be professional because professionals don't have fun.

it's an edwardian hangover - but one which lots of people ascribe to
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 23:59   #41
Tomkat

Quote:
because silly people buy them because of all the silly apps and because all their silly friends have them
Unread 11 Mar 2010, 03:52   #42
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a BlackBerry (new bold 9700 or curve 8900). I promise if you don't like it I will buy it off you for nine times its value.

And Yes, You are being screwed over. Trust me, I work for Orange
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 18:29   #43
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velta View Post
Buy a BlackBerry (new bold 9700 or curve 8900). I promise if you don't like it I will buy it off you for nine times its value.

And Yes, You are being screwed over. Trust me, I work for Orange
No radio on either of them

- I need blasto
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 19:03   #44
Tomkat

I just messaged him on Foxystoat - hopefully he'll reply to you here!
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 10:47   #45
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Hi Yahwe,

I would have recommended either the iPhone or the BlackBerry 9700 but judging by what you're after, I'd say go for something else.

You have a choice of 3. They are all Nokias.

Nokia E72
Nokia E71
Nokia E63

In that order. For specification reasons. My choice is the E71.

Why? Simple. All have FM Radio.

They also do emails, it's a serious phone and is "generally" better than iPhone & BlackBerry in terms of battery life (my experience). It's probably not a trend-setter like the other two brands but I don't think you need that (excuse me for daring to presume).

In terms of deals, Orange can and must offer you a better deal. One that includes push/pull email & internet bundle. As I don't know Orange's tariffs, looking at their website, it shows that maybe they could offer you the handset on 30 for 400 minutes, 300 texts (this is under Panther). Best thing to do is to speak to them to confirm this.

If they can't offer you a decent deal like that, then you're entitled to leave, request a PAC code and go to any other network provider. That will get their alarm bells ringing and they'll persuade you to stay & will succumb to your "demand" and offer you either the same or similar deal.

Hope this settles it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 11:09   #46
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
Hi Yahwe,

I would have recommended either the iPhone or the BlackBerry 9700 but judging by what you're after, I'd say go for something else.

You have a choice of 3. They are all Nokias.

Nokia E72
Nokia E71
Nokia E63

In that order. For specification reasons. My choice is the E71.

Why? Simple. All have FM Radio.

They also do emails, it's a serious phone and is "generally" better than iPhone & BlackBerry in terms of battery life (my experience). It's probably not a trend-setter like the other two brands but I don't think you need that (excuse me for daring to presume).

In terms of deals, Orange can and must offer you a better deal. One that includes push/pull email & internet bundle. As I don't know Orange's tariffs, looking at their website, it shows that maybe they could offer you the handset on 30 for 400 minutes, 300 texts (this is under Panther). Best thing to do is to speak to them to confirm this.

If they can't offer you a decent deal like that, then you're entitled to leave, request a PAC code and go to any other network provider. That will get their alarm bells ringing and they'll persuade you to stay & will succumb to your "demand" and offer you either the same or similar deal.

Hope this settles it.
Aren't you marvellous

Do i get to keep my telephone number if I leave?
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 11:19   #47
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Aren't you marvellous

Do i get to keep my telephone number if I leave?
Why thank you.

Yes you can. It's what the PAC code is for (a code consisting of 3 letters and 6 numbers e.g. ORG123456).
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 12:50   #48
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yahwe as predictable as always, when enough people tell him to stop acting like a selfdelusional snob he starts his i can be friendly and happy act too for a while. You're such a cartoon character, Yahwe.
Unread 22 Apr 2010, 21:59   #49
Yahwe
I am.

Right.

So i got one.

And it has a radio.

Guess what i got.

Unread 23 Apr 2010, 00:54   #50
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

The smart option would have been n900, because it's simply the most awesome phone out there if you know what the **** you are doing. However, I'm going to guess e71, since it's rather popular for business types, and in all honesty a pretty good basic phone.