User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 18:58   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Reading Festival 2006 Headliners

Who else is thoroughly unwhlemed by the headliners?

FRANZ FERDINAND, MUSE and PEARL JAM have just been announced as three of the headliners of this year's
Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals.

I would expect these bands to be there, but headlining? NO!

Last year they had Green Day, White Stripes and Metallia, genuinely massive bands.

I really wanted to go this year and this seems like a big let-down atm. :crymeariver:
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:03   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Reading Festival 2006 Headliners

Muse are widely regarded as the best live band around. I'd certainly watch them above any of the others you've listed there.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:04   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've no objection to seeing Muse or FF (whom I've already seen) but I don't thin they should be headlining.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:08   #4
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Not that I am the hugest fan of either but Pearl Jam are as big as Metallica
Since when? What have Pearl Jam done recently? I've not heard of anything.

Quote:
and Muse are as big as White Stripes.
I don't know about that either.

Quote:
Also Pearl Jam almost never tour the UK. Also does it say they are the main headliners cos they might be just the ones confirmed?
Yes it does, they released the main headliners at 6pm and Zane Lowe will be on Radio 1 giving the rest of the bands at 7:15pm.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:17   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Last years was Foo Fighters, Pixies and Iron Maiden, the year before was Green Day et al (I think).

And personally I'd prefer to hurt my own genitals than pay money to Metallica.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:19   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Muse really are fantastic live, theyw ere nearly worth the festival alone a couple of years ago.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:22   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Since when? What have Pearl Jam done recently? I've not heard of anything.
what have metallica done that wasn't shite recently?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:33   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't believe that out of all you young hip and trendy people ...

ONLY I know that pearl jam are releasing a new album and have (presumably heard) the new single "world wide suicide"

i'm so ****ing cool
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:39   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
what have metallica done that wasn't shite recently?
I heard one of them was quite ill.

Thats positive.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:45   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Metallica are great, hating them because of napster is evidence of retardation.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:50   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I can't believe that out of all you young hip and trendy people ...

ONLY I know that pearl jam are releasing a new album and have (presumably heard) the new single "world wide suicide"

i'm so ****ing cool

I knew it
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:51   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog

Napster or not, after the Black Album they've been crap. With the exception of S&M.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:57   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hope that's an exclusive 'after'.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:03   #14
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

when has 'after' ever been inclusive?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:04   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It would be if that were the reason.

Although it certainly doesn't help.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:29   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you are of course, taking the piss about the white stripes being headline material?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:33   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Muse were incredible at V2004. That is all.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:33   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

ordered my ticket, but it gave me a page cannot be desplayed thingy after i clicked confirm. Has this happened to anyone else? (happened to a mate of mine as well, so i think they probably went through, checking here to find out).
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 20:37   #19
All Systems Go

I clicked back and repeated the process until I got a pop-up message asking me to click yes to order my tickets or no to cancel the order.

I clicked yes.

It took me a good hour and I feel more relief that the ordeal is over rather than elation at actualy purchasing the tickets.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:01   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

4 leeds tickets. and now some facts.

ALL THREE HEADLINERS HAVE THE FANBASE FOR A HEADLINE SLOT. WHETHER YOU, THE INIDIVIDUAL FESTIVALGOER, IS A FAN IS IRRELEVANT. THEY ARE ALL MASSIVE BANDS.

Furthermore, Primal ****ing Scream.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:01   #21
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

so if i didn't get a popup it didn't go through?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:11   #22
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang

ALL THREE HEADLINERS HAVE THE FANBASE FOR A HEADLINE SLOT. WHETHER YOU, THE INIDIVIDUAL FESTIVALGOER, IS A FAN IS IRRELEVANT. THEY ARE ALL MASSIVE BANDS.
[/b]
Are you going to sing along to the white stripes?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:12   #23
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
so if i didn't get a popup it didn't go through?
I don't believe so. After the pop-up box I got a page saying thanks for your order etc etc...
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:14   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the white stripes arent playing*. i sang along on a wet and windy night two years ago though.

*raconteurs though! the album is excellent, everything you could expect from brendan benson and jack white together.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 21:14   #25
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

balls, hope my friends went through so i can buy one off him then.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 22:00   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I hate them because their songs are shit.

Napster just makes me all self-righteous while I'm hating them.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 22:23   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I hate them because their songs are shit.

Napster just makes me all self-righteous while I'm hating them.
amen.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 22:48   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Two Words

"Velvet Revolver"

When they headline , ill go.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 00:02   #29
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

did you see live8, they were really quite pants live, which is a shame, given who's in them.
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 01:51   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

but like the futureheads, yeh yeh yeh's, dirty pretty things, sounds awesome, its a shame leeds tickets sold out in under 30mins*

*wonder how many will be on ebay with jacked up prices (fkers)
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 12:24   #31
All Systems Go

Quote:

OK, I guess my point is this.

I have always considered the Reading Festival to be the biggest rock concert in the country (I don't count Glastonbury as I see that as more as a hipy love fest) and whether it's my lack of travelling I have always considered it therefore to have some sort of world-wide reputation, so to speak. As such, whilst these bands do have large UK fan bases I would not consider them to carry the same force around the world (Pearl Jam excluded, focsing mostly on Franz Ferdinand here).

As a result of this I see these headliners as a 'step-down' from previous years.

Also, I enjoy Franz Ferdinand and Muse (as i have said elsewhere) so I am glad they are there but I would rather have 'bigger' bands headlining so to speak.
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 13:44   #32
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Tickets on eBay are going for £400+ for two weekend camping tickets. Bastards. I hope my friends got their tickets through
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 17:36   #33
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

firstly; franz ferdinand are not very good live, in fact i would go as far as to say they are dreadful (this is from seeing them glastonbury 2004 and leaving after 2 or 3 songs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Muse were incredible at V2004. That is all.
they were absolutely fantastic at glastonbury 2004 aswell (the drummers dad died backstage a few hours after - sad story, but **** me, if i had a kid there are worse time to go than after seeing your son close the best music festival in the world)

Quote:
who were SHIT at galstonbury last year. utter dross.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 09:52   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i enjoyed FF live when i went to see them
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:44   #35
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i have a mate who has also seen them 3 or 4 times (before they were big, when they were supporting other bands) and said they were crap every time. they may have improved tho, i suppose it can take time to 'get good' at playing live? some bands can do it naturally, others have to work harder at it.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:53   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Reading Festival hasn't been any good since 1997. It's also a ****ing terrible waste of money, you can spend a week abroad for less.
Aye, it's not like it were back then.

Kids taking drugs, music playing so loudly you can't hear the afternoon play, I'm just glad that the one time I did live a crazy life was the best time to do it ever.

Ahem.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 12:01   #37
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

seen FF twice: leeds 04, NEC earlier this year. first diabolical, second excellent. either they've got better or the venue worked for them. either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens this time
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 12:04   #38
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
did you see live8, they were really quite pants live, which is a shame, given who's in them.
tbh them performing live and the TV were like 2 different performances, trust me
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 14:39   #39
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

pearl jam and muse have reason to be headlining, pearl jam being one of the main reasons tickets have sold out so quickly (that plus no glastonbury) but franz....just no.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:07   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

one day, one day, people will work out that their interests != everybody's interests. franz ferdinand, for better or for worse, have a big enough fanbase to headline.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:16   #41
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Hmm yeah its not really the best lineup. So who do we bottle this year?
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:25   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Franz Ferdinand are probably disproportionately popular with girls* which justifies their headlining status, probably.

* = Based on nothing at all.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:51   #43
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Franz Ferdinand are probably disproportionately popular with girls* which justifies their headlining status, probably.

* = Based on nothing at all.
Aren't at least some of them gay?
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:53   #44
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I think it was based on the subconscious (conscious?) attitute in his mind that girls dont really like music that much so will just align themselves with whoever is "popular" atm.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:56   #45
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I think it was based on the subconscious (conscious?) attitute in his mind that girls dont really like music that much so will just align themselves with whoever is "popular" atm.
that doesn't make any sense.

because how could they become popular by being predominately popular with girls if girls only support groups which are popular already?

(everywhere I look I see people who can't use logic )
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 16:06   #46
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Aren't at least some of them gay?
I'm not sure that matters.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 16:10   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
No, just some bands are more popular with females than males. At Reading last year when bands like The Killers played there seemed to be a lot more girls in the audience than say, when the Dropkick Murphy's played.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 16:12   #48
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

on which subject, DKM were ****ing awful last year, weren't they? i mean, the album wasn't great, and i knew they'd be playing stuff from it, so i knew it wouldnt be up to the standards of 04, but still. jesus.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 22:59   #49
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I've seen Franz Ferdinand twice, when they did the NME tour and before that, supporting Hot Hot Heat, and while I thought they were good both times, the small venue at the first gig made things better.
(and all three bands are clearly big enough to headline, thinking otherwise just shows ignorance)