User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 13 Oct 2005, 22:48   #301
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Stat changes for R15

I fail to understand how a damage-dealing viper would scare away more ingal defense than an EMP viper? The only problem I see is with zik frigates sent on ingal defense, but then again Cat CO do not have an immediate bonus for a zik (except for some extra defense ships) since zik lack a co roiding fleet (it will be interesting if any zik manages to legally steal enough mosquitos / arrowheads to get a pure co roiding fleet). All in all the co fleet is extremely efficient with a decent amount of spiders. Yes, spiders. They are any caths backbone for the upcoming round (to protect yourself and your alliance from other cat co fleets AND to support your co attack fleets against arrowhead defense).

On the cat vs cat issue ... I strongly insist that no race should be able to roid itself unless a) all races can roid themselves easily or b) the target planets fleet is designed poorly. Otherwise you revive the r13 symptom of cat being absolutely outplayed. Everyone loves targetting Cats.

The CR fleet got pretty much weakened, I agree, simpl because there is way too much defense available. Send in one half-decent scarab fleet and bw as well as roach get extremely limited in their offense, which ultimately is an invitation for de- or bs-classed defense ships. Will there be much de- / bs-classed defense available? Definately. Ziks want to steal cruisers (to some degree at least), so they will build rogues, and the drake as well as the dragon are a terrans must-have ship.

Terrans ... hm ... I am unsure. Their cr/bs fleet rocks. Their de are defense ships (chimera ftw! against bs).

A sidenote about Zikonians:
Zik are hard to play now, but will be extremely powerful if handled correctly. They will love to produce Marauders for ingal defense purposes. Their buccaneers, however, are rather crap with being targetted by more efficient / earlier initiative battleships - this is not a bad thing, though.

Originally I wanted to write more, but I am right now way too tired to do so.
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 23:52   #302
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
I agree that the ghosts\PKs might be a tad too good not sure though.
If you have played beta i think you would agree that ghosts and pks are over powered as i think everyone on beta has found this (correct me if i am wrong)

as for the bit about cath cr i did not say they can land easy (i don't think as i can't be bothered to read it) and if i did what i mean is that they can land on a ter successfully because they should be able freeze enough to make it worth while as cath get more emp than ter get armour for the money.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 00:07   #303
Cowmando
is your god

i agree with heartless on the cath co (as i must have been writing the last post when he posted his this is why this is not includded) although in beta i must have seen completly different cat cr to everyone else as the cath cr i saw was very effective.

i have still not seen much terran but what i have seen is still very much big hard to kill ships that hurt everyone else and seem a good race.

imo the all the races except xan seem ballanced now the xan ghosts and pks are just to powerful as they will get their moneys worth of how meny ships they blow up. So most races will not even look at xan to attack and the xan fr is unstopable in attack.
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 00:24   #304
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando
i agree with heartless on the cath co (as i must have been writing the last post when he posted his this is why this is not includded) although in beta i must have seen completly different cat cr to everyone else as the cath cr i saw was very effective.

i have still not seen much terran but what i have seen is still very much big hard to kill ships that hurt everyone else and seem a good race.

imo the all the races except xan seem ballanced now the xan ghosts and pks are just to powerful as they will get their moneys worth of how meny ships they blow up. So most races will not even look at xan to attack and the xan fr is unstopable in attack.
Cat CR won't be this efficient during a real round. They'll probably get a good start, but Cat suffer later on during any round due to being heavily targetted even by themselves (those with too few scarabs / spiders).

Touching the Ghost is a big no no. He is vital for anti-cr purposes and he gets majorly targetted due to his armour/res. However, I do agree on Xan being extremely strong at the moment.
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 00:54   #305
Cowmando
is your god

the ghost maybe vital for anti-cr purposes but it currently rules the game and will put a large hole in anyones cr to the point of distroying most of their cr as this ship will be built heavly and this will occur before any anti fr except vipers and vsk which will take a lot of damage from tzen in return even fire they allow xan to takeout zik cr from target 2x or more there value and they do a lot of damage to cath cr before the tarants fire back although when the remaining tarants fire back these will hurt the fr but will have their number cut sevierly no race can realisticly attack xan in their current stat except other xan fr at great loss and ter cr/bs but these also suffer badly where as xan can hit zik very easily and xan and cat less easily but can still hit them to great effectespecially as they can send lancers to attack cath with the fr this makes bothe the co and cr at risk if they cannot freeze all the ships and if they are willing to lose a few ships they can also hit terran i belive that without down powering the ghost or making it slightly less effective in some other way we ca expect an almost entierly xan top 100

i might be wrong but this is what i have seen of the stats so far
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 01:24   #306
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
the ghost maybe vital for anti-cr purposes but it currently rules the game and will put a large hole in anyones cr to the point of distroying most of their cr as this ship will be built heavly and this will occur before any anti fr except vipers and vsk which will take a lot of damage from tzen in return even fire they allow xan to takeout zik cr from target 2x or more there value and they do a lot of damage to cath cr before the tarants fire back although when the remaining tarants fire back these will hurt the fr but will have their number cut sevierly no race can realisticly attack xan in their current stat except other xan fr at great loss and ter cr/bs but these also suffer badly where as xan can hit zik very easily and xan and cat less easily but can still hit them to great effectespecially as they can send lancers to attack cath with the fr this makes bothe the co and cr at risk if they cannot freeze all the ships and if they are willing to lose a few ships they can also hit terran i belive that without down powering the ghost or making it slightly less effective in some other way we ca expect an almost entierly xan top 100

SO far with the beta test, yes xan pks and ghosts pawn... we're "reducing" their power atm, they have been taken down somewhat. Will test abit more to find out whether we need to reduce even more.
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 08:36   #307
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

Don't forget, Ghosts and PKs are Xans only defence VS CR and BS..
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 12:13   #308
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

So? Alle you need is 1 good ship against each one. Thats doesnt mean they have to be overpowereed though. Theyre not part of attack fleet either, meaning theyll prolly always be home or deffing.
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 12:56   #309
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian_yee
SO far with the beta test, yes xan pks and ghosts pawn... we're "reducing" their power atm, they have been taken down somewhat. Will test abit more to find out whether we need to reduce even more.
Please try not to overdo it.

It was pretty demoralising last round to see Cr or Cr/BS incs and realise that you were just about to wave goodbye to your roids (again).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 13:10   #310
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
Please try not to overdo it.

It was pretty demoralising last round to see Cr or Cr/BS incs and realise that you were just about to wave goodbye to your roids (again).
Thats how it was for us ziks against FIs.

Last round in the end there was so fcking much Ghosts everywhere that atatcking xans with my zik BS fleet was impossible. Now theyve made ghost and PKs better(although its now peacekeepers attacking BS), i still feel the stats need a few minor adjustments.
Unread 14 Oct 2005, 13:37   #311
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Yes but everyone had stealin last round, and as a result, the ziks natural advantage was slightly reduced. This round they have the stealin exclusively to themselves and that will help them a good deal.

edit: oh and xan fi is shitter.
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 10:05   #312
PoD

PoD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
where as xan can hit zik very easily and xan and cat less easily but can still hit them to great effectespecially as they can send lancers to attack cath with the fr this makes bothe the co and cr at risk if they cannot freeze all the ships and if they are willing to lose a few ships they can also hit terran i belive that without down powering the ghost or making it slightly less effective in some other way we ca expect an almost entierly xan top 100

i havent been playin beta, but if you check stats, I think its not even needed to send along DE along xan FR to attack Cath. As u cant fleetscan an xan, caths will never know for sure how many ghosts ur sending, so are kinda 'forced' to send away their CR. At that moment only vipers are left to emp ur ships and so u dont have to worry about losses.
attacking terrans with frigates is harder for xans, though their u still have xan FI, that can attack terrans without losses, as pulsars target pegs before they fire, and sents target harpys...
the only race they cant attack for free are themselves, as the tzen (that targets the FI fleet) and vsharrack (which targets FR fleet) have same initiative, so u will always lose some ships there.

so in theory xans can attack every other race then themselves for free
PoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 17:20   #313
Clogg
SiNķng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

PoD please check the terran states again. Cause Harpies absolutely pwn, if an Terran has enough of them. The sentinel is an FI now to, maybe it got downgraded because of that, cause in my opinion it's "killing capacity" went down. An xan need to send a shitload of sentinels and pulsar if he wants to force an relocation of Pegasuses and Harpies. If he doesn't send enough sentinels to force that (or don't kill all harpies) those harpies will definately hurt the xan FI fleet.
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 20:56   #314
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

Man, as I said 100 times, Xan FI/CO fleet sux. First, for the fact that it has 5 same ETA antis, so no ETA advantage. And also, if you want to attack Terrans with it, you gotta focus 'only' on sents and pulsars and leave your planet as a landing deck for FR. And yes, you can never land on a bigger Cath. And Ziks.. So much same problem, you have to focus on Arrows and Vshs and leave yourself open for DE and FI (though, their is other anti-DE, FI in Xan fleet, but still, will you land with no anti-FI in your fleet ?)
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 22:11   #315
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
Man, as I said 100 times, Xan FI/CO fleet sux. First, for the fact that it has 5 same ETA antis, so no ETA advantage. And also, if you want to attack Terrans with it, you gotta focus 'only' on sents and pulsars and leave your planet as a landing deck for FR. And yes, you can never land on a bigger Cath. And Ziks.. So much same problem, you have to focus on Arrows and Vshs and leave yourself open for DE and FI (though, their is other anti-DE, FI in Xan fleet, but still, will you land with no anti-FI in your fleet ?)
Currently, your argument doesn't hold much weight, I'd like to see you expand on it though. Your basic complaint seems to be 'I can't roid terrans AND be immune to everything else!'.

IMO, the xands still seem an attractive choice.

With FI, you can roid terrans using sent/pulse... if terrans spend a lot on harpies, then they're leaving themselves vulnerable to other attacks. They might have less DE, or if they don't, then they will be open to be roided by Cath CO or CR for instance.

You can also roid ziks with vsh/arrow, and you can roid caths with any FI+Daggers. I completely disagree with the idea that you won't be able to roid caths that are bigger than you. If you're a FI based xan, you will have your anti FI, FR and DE invested in FI class ships, not to mention pods. Theoretically, that is something like half your fleet value, and I don't see many caths able to stop you, unless they are far, far larger than you. Since beetles are purely a defensive ship, for many caths, enough beetles will be an unacceptable expense... if they spend so much on beetles, oh noes, they won't be able to afford enough vipers to be able to attack terrans properly.

With your frigate/DE attack fleet, you can hit some smaller caths, plus ziks.

And from a defensive point of view, you can make yourself immune to terr DE with bombers, you can make things rough for a terran CR/BS fleet (more so than this round, as they will not steal DE back), xan vs. xan has always been a bloodbath, you can make yourself immune to cath CO and CR, and you can make yourself almost immune to most zik FR or BS fleets so long as the zik isn't hideously huge.

To me, xands are the strongest race in the current statset.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 00:16   #316
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
To me, xands are the strongest race in the current statset.
Seconded. But then again they'll be needed on a lot of defense missions as well.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 10:55   #317
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Seconded. But then again they'll be needed on a lot of defense missions as well.
Then again, that was true of this round as well, I just never offered my vsh and hoped some other poor bugger would cover the FR
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:14   #318
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tbh, i'd be more than half inclined to start a new thread on this issue - a single thread 8 pages long in Strategy is almost a cardinal sin! .

Plus, the early (first five) pages of discussion (or more) dont really apply to the topic anymore.

Thus: Appoco, should you post a new revision of your stats, can you be so kind as to make a new thread?

thx .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:25   #319
isildurx

Yesi agree. The stats are fininshed now afaik, start working on em :P
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:00   #320
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

stats are *now* finished. :P
the final version is here
I'd like to point out someone asked me if I'd reach the version 20 and I said no, and look! It's version 19 :-)
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 07:44   #321
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'd like to point out someone asked me if I'd reach the version 20 and I said no, and look! It's version 19 :-)
Ah, you have so much farther to go, young grasshopper .
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 11:56   #322
Jerven
-HC of LoDoom-

Jerven is on a distinguished road

Is the tzen supposed to have init 4? With the vsharrak at init 5, that would mean xan attacking xans...or help me out if there's something I have missed here
Jerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 08:41   #323
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerven
Is the tzen supposed to have init 4? With the vsharrak at init 5, that would mean xan attacking xans...or help me out if there's something I have missed here
Umm, the latest stats can be found in this thread ; and i think TBT have to fire before Vsh to make the FR fleet viable - but i havent actually looked at the new stats yet so i am just speculating.