User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 15 Mar 2004, 09:50   #1
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
my PaX gfx don't work

Here is what they looked like for me in PaX. Main page ok on login, but gfx disappearing when links clicked. Wasn't it better ìn th eold days before menu started reloading for every page? At least then one didn't have to click back to get a link to try and load again.
PaX gfx

Now it's the same again this round.
latest version gfx

Never mind what I think of the game features and changes. I won't even nortice most of them because pages dont' load.

I'd say that as a paying customer I deserve better, but naturally I haven't paid since PaX started, I'm not paying for something that doesnt' work.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 09:55   #2
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Re: my PaX gfx don't work

want to pop into #support and we'll see if we can sort this out for you?

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 10:03   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is an easily available fix.

The HTML code needs to include the width and height for each menu image. That way, browsers may reload the graphics (although I've set mine to only check for updated images once an hour, and fetch them from cache otherwise), but they won't actually have to rebuild the menu, as it will remain the same size and can be operated even when the images haven't fully loaded in. This solution is fairly easily doable, since the menu is static anyway.

Without the size for menu buttons absolutely defined in the HTML code, the browser has to wait for the images to load, in order to determine their size. Since they don't load in from the top down, this causes the menu to frequently resize as each new graphic is loaded in and moves the placeholders for the other ones around.

Edit: Although I don't know why the image alt-codes are not appearing in Chax' screenshots.

Last edited by Leshy; 15 Mar 2004 at 10:10.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 12:08   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

a) don't bmp for a screenshot in future, god cries
b) the pa template is awfuly wrong in so many ways, which is why i havent bothered creating anything
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 12:45   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Clear your temporary internet files. internet explorer does that for me sometimes on random images on web pages, right clicking the box and going to show image fixes it though forcing it to redownload them all again shoudl fix it for good
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 00:29   #6
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

mm nothign that works so far.
Funny thing, after I log into pa and get this problem, I get trouble with all web pages all over.