User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 06:47   #1
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
sign-ups?

Hey, where are the sign-ups? I'm in an internet cafe in amsterdam airport and i've bought an hour of time just to discover that there in no news or sign-ups Is there going to be another delay? Any updates?
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 07:07   #2
Eng1ne

Eng1ne is an unknown quantity at this point
Welll, it is still quite early in the morning here
PA crew most likley havent woke up yet...
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 07:52   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Apparently, yes.

We'll see if they can hang on to The schedule.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 08:59   #4
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
probably sometime tonight don't you think, if they manag today that is

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 09:03   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
I'll just check again @23:59 GMT
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:51   #6
Ghosty

Ghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant actully rember the pa team ever starting on the first date/time that they have given us, so it will probably b wednesday nxt week.

and they propably havn't been 2 bed, 2 busy!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:58   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosty
i cant actully rember the pa team ever starting on the first date/time that they have given us, so it will probably b wednesday nxt week.

Ehrm, their first date was 22nd

Retired
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:42   #8
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosty

R6 started on set out time (or was it 7..) (:
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:57   #9
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
its ok that they are delayd, but the fact that they cant be arsed to inform us about it is not good..

just a little info about when they exactly will open up signups cant be that hard??
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:58   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Someone stole the sp00n
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 14:38   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
its ok that they are delayd, but the fact that they cant be arsed to inform us about it is not good..

just a little info about when they exactly will open up signups cant be that hard??
Maybe they arent delayed, just not able to give an EXACT time

Retired
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 14:43   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

PS to all. Nothing is delayed yet, it is still the 25th so stop the whining :P
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 16:42   #13
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
PS to all. Nothing is delayed yet, it is still the 25th so stop the whining :P
This is the kind of reply to when posts that have appeared every round of PA
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:43   #14
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok signups open.

I signued up, but for what?
Public beta or the real thing?
In both cases: I think I already screwed up bigtime. I didn't know engineers took 48 hours before they can be changed again, so I just tried 3 to see what they did. Hmm is war very usefull during protection?
And I hope I'm not going in the real round with this rulername and planetname (my only thoughts where: I need to get in FAST what will they accept?)
And that sex thing was under planet characteristics, so when 90% is female, your not gonna kick them for it are you? And what's that for?

So far for testing how to get a good start like the betatesters already had 10 chances or so to do. I'm pretty sure a betatester (or someone who shared accounts with one) will win the round. Ah well, maybe this round I can test strategies, so I can play seriously in round XI. Why on earth is this round going to be this long? I just hope they have to reset that public beta 10 times at least.
Ok: I'm bored. It looks good. Now get the ticks moving!
(When will there be action?)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:56   #15
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Ok signups open.

I signued up, but for what?
Public beta or the real thing?
In both cases: I think I already screwed up bigtime. I didn't know engineers took 48 hours before they can be changed again, so I just tried 3 to see what they did. Hmm is war very usefull during protection?
And I hope I'm not going in the real round with this rulername and planetname (my only thoughts where: I need to get in FAST what will they accept?)
And that sex thing was under planet characteristics, so when 90% is female, your not gonna kick them for it are you? And what's that for?

So far for testing how to get a good start like the betatesters already had 10 chances or so to do. I'm pretty sure a betatester (or someone who shared accounts with one) will win the round. Ah well, maybe this round I can test strategies, so I can play seriously in round XI. Why on earth is this round going to be this long? I just hope they have to reset that public beta 10 times at least.
Ok: I'm bored. It looks good. Now get the ticks moving!
(When will there be action?)

As Spinner has explained earlier; this is the coming round 10 we're signing up for, there will ALSO be an open beta before ticks start, so that all who wants to can get a feel for the game, not only early beta-testers (:

edit; for Gerbie http://main.planetarion.com/portal/news.php?id=250

Last edited by dabult; 25 Aug 2003 at 22:01.
dabult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:59   #16
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
lol Gerbie.
Point taken.

I will make sure things are reset before we start.
And you have signed up for the real game, as the public beta signup isnt live yet.
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 08:54   #17
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
I will make sure things are reset before we start.
Yes, well now, there's a bit of a dilemma in this.

It's already been announced (informally, in Spinners post in this thread), so it must happen.

The snag is there are people who traded with the galaxy fund of their signup galaxy before they upgraded their account and are now in a galaxy where noone else feel any need to trade.
If you reset them they lose the advantage they "worked hard" to get. Anyway, they will complain.

Options.
A. Claim they gained an unfair advantage and that's why they're reset. In fairness this means everyone who has not yet upgraded (when you reset) must be prevented from trading or from carrying a trade advantage with them when they upgrade. I don't think that is feasible, not with the idea being that you can stay in the unpaid universe for up to 2 weeks.
B. Move everyone who already upgraded their account back to the unpaid universe (increasing their credit count by one). The universe is shuffled as a side effect.
C. Other?

<EDIT: Inserted that Spinner quote>

Last edited by zenopus; 7 Sep 2003 at 11:07.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 12:32   #18
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
C. Other?

Yes, shuffle and move on to E.O.D.

Everybody should from start have been aware of that a shuffle might take place, just as in previous rounds. As long as it has no where been annouced that there will NOT be any shuffle, they cant complain.