User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:35   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Take a look at this Ziko fleet.

Taking Prince up on his 'request' ive decided to make a zikonian fleet aswell.

Cutter 55%
Corsair 40%
Pod 5%

IM not saying this is the best ziks fleet, but i am confident you could do very good with this fleet.

You may have to make some more corsairs and less cutters, but this fleet will do fine atleast for a while.

I havent taken in any stealing ships cuz i somewhat feel they are not needed to make a rly good ziks fleet.

You may have to swap some Metal for crystal to get this fleet, but it should be worth it
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:43   #2
TheSeeker
.:. Adelante .:.

TheSeeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Take a look at this Ziko fleet.

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Taking Prince up on his 'request' ive decided to make a zikonian fleet aswell.

Cutter 55%
Corsair 40%
Pod 5%

IM not saying this is the best ziks fleet, but i am confident you could do very good with this fleet.

You may have to make some more corsairs and less cutters, but this fleet will do fine atleast for a while.

I havent taken in any stealing ships cuz i somewhat feel they are not needed to make a rly good ziks fleet.

You may have to swap some Metal for crystal to get this fleet, but it should be worth it
Replace the corsair for clippers..... imo corsairs will not be usefull in offense...

The World Seen From A Cathaar's View...
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 22:33   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Take a look at this Ziko fleet.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSeeker
Replace the corsair for clippers..... imo corsairs will not be usefull in offense...
But they are very useful against a Cathaar CR Fleet of tarants, Guardians and Mantis - so useful in fact its the only hope of salvation .

Clippers, OTOH, would get stunned all to hell, and imo they arent killing quite enough with their poor init.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 22:35   #4
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
zikonian

Building
50% Rogues
20% Buccaneers
10% Clippers
20% Corsair/Cutlass depending on ratios

Having
25% Rogues
20% Buccaneers
10% Clippers
20% Pegasus
5% Demeter
20% Corsair/Cutlass depending on ratios
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:03   #5
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
my favorite Zik ship has to be the Pillager, its effective at Caping DE quite well (for a ship that targets cr)
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:15   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
my favorite Zik ship has to be the Pillager, its effective at Caping DE quite well (for a ship that targets cr)
You werent involved in making/reading the stats, were you.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:17   #7
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
the problem is that it isn't DE itself. it's quite useless to send in as def as well cause of the eta and only slightly more effective then the Rogue.

if u want to cap DEs then the Rogue is the better ship for the job.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:42   #8
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
I think chax is looking to have 2-3 terran fleet farms...

In other news:
I'd say 10-15% of corsairs/cutlass for alliance defence, 5-10% in mostly a-pods and some dems, 30-40%cutters, 20-25% clippers and the last 5-10% rogues and marauders and 5-10% buccs if there's lots of de about.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:45   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

THe Pillager is (iirc) ETA 5 as well as having no EMP resistance. 1 resource of Tarant can freeze 3 resoruces of pillager, and t he Roach is even better :\

and like c0w said, the Rogue is a DE itself
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:47   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
5-10% buccs if there's lots of de about.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but a Clipper does better against DE surely :\
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:57   #11
spectrum

spectrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Take a look at this Ziko fleet.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSeeker
but usefull for ally-def.
having eta4 ships only m8 cause your ally-hc to get a bit upset..
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:22   #12
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Newbie
Correct me if i'm wrong, but a Clipper does better against DE surely :\
dunno, mostly basing this on what I've been told by friends, never cared much for zikos personally. ah, just checked it, make that 5% max and for bs-cr targeting. Thank you for the help
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:34   #13
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
[quote]Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
[b]I think chax is looking to have 2-3 terran fleet farms...

Well I supose you have to define fleet farming.
If your definition of fleet farming is attacking people to steal ships, then yes, that's the plan - targetting terram 90% of the time, with an occasional cath thrown in when it looks good.

I played like this r8, but there are two major differences between r8 and r9, the FI weren't necessary r8, since I could keep my alliance happy with DE overburn defense. That DE overburn defense did alot for the collection of early demeters.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 10:32   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
how to make a zik fleet 101

50% cutters <--- that'll be the bitch right there
10% buccs
15% clippers
20% corsairs
5% marauders (+/= pods)

targets? well suprisingly go for pulsar (only in terms of pulsar vs sent whilst the sent kills less it dies less resulting in more loss to you over 3 ticks) heavy xans or rip the **** out of terrans (note clipper is for anti chim as are marauders since most DE will be out that night, since pod stealing will never keep up with expected growth trying to rob them of enough pegs and dems to make a credible de fleet is optimistic at best).

you *might* get a small cat, but don't bet on it.

corsairs over cutlass as one they are the only ship that's eta 6 and hits cr outright, secondly they use more c allowing more cutter production. (also make great flak for pulsars in allied anti de defence)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 11:23   #15
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

[quote]Originally posted by Chax
[b]
Quote:
I think chax is looking to have 2-3 terran fleet farms...

Well I supose you have to define fleet farming.
If your definition of fleet farming is attacking people to steal ships, then yes, that's the plan - targetting terram 90% of the time, with an occasional cath thrown in when it looks good.

I played like this r8, but there are two major differences between r8 and r9, the FI weren't necessary r8, since I could keep my alliance happy with DE overburn defense. That DE overburn defense did alot for the collection of early demeters.
I wouldn't do that if I was you, but it's your choice...

ps. If you are serious about getting such numbers, I still suspect you'll resort to fleet-farming, though who'd ever admit to it on the forums?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:09   #16
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
(only in terms of pulsar vs sent whilst the sent kills less it dies less resulting in more loss to you over 3 ticks)
Can i take that sentence out of context and quote it in a certian 'sentinels suck and aren't useful for anything' thread .
thank you.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:19   #17
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
I wouldn't do that if I was you, but it's your choice...

ps. If you are serious about getting such numbers, I still suspect you'll resort to fleet-farming, though who'd ever admit to it on the forums?
Accusing Chax of breaking the rules isn't a very worthwhile activity. He is the most avid anti-cheater i know; and he actually lives up to his principles.

besides...he did it last round..[edit: it referring to 'getting that ratio without cheating', and not referring to 'fleetfarming']
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:19   #18
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe
Can i take that sentence out of context and quote it in a certian 'sentinels suck and aren't useful for anything' thread .
thank you.
u probably can, but that doesn't mean the statement is correct.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:06   #19
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Accusing Chax of breaking the rules isn't a very worthwhile activity. He is the most avid anti-cheater i know; and he actually lives up to his principles.

besides...he did it last round..[edit: it referring to 'getting that ratio without cheating', and not referring to 'fleetfarming']
I wouldn't know, if he did it last round I doubt you looked over his shoulder every second anyways. Besides, fleet-farming has never been dis-allowed by any rules, conventional farming yes, multying yes, but I didn't accuse him of either, I just know I'd be rather hush hush about it if I played ziko and fleet-farmed, even though it doesn't brake the rules there are a lot of people out there that feel it's bad gameplay. ah well, if you say he's capable of getting that ratio, all the better for him, I still can't see him keeping that ratio while aproaching say 50mil...
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:29   #20
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I wouldn't know, if he did it last round I doubt you looked over his shoulder every second anyways. Besides, fleet-farming has never been dis-allowed by any rules, conventional farming yes, multying yes, but I didn't accuse him of either, I just know I'd be rather hush hush about it if I played ziko and fleet-farmed, even though it doesn't brake the rules there are a lot of people out there that feel it's bad gameplay. ah well, if you say he's capable of getting that ratio, all the better for him, I still can't see him keeping that ratio while aproaching say 50mil...
Come on, it isn't any difficult to get the ships you want, and actually as much as you want, without fleet-farming.

There are lot of times when someone in your gal, cluster, para, alliance etc can't be defended but if the incoming ships are ships you'd like to have in your fleet, you can always send a few rogues / maras (not too many or you will scare the attacker ). I'm talking about typical cath roiding fleet or pure terran De fleets - they can't do any damage to your rogues and maras so you don't risk anything.

Another simple way is to attack some small cath or terran by sending a few cutters / pods or clippers / demeters in one fleet and all your rogues in another fleet (rogues' fleetworth alone would be like 2x times bigger than your target's score ). If your target runs, you recall the rogues, leave the pods and get roids. If he stays you get widows, widowmakers or pegs - whatever.

If you say such tactics are science fiction, you just never tried them..
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:01   #21
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Besides, fleet-farming has never been dis-allowed by any rules,
You might want to re-think that statement.

(From the last CH log);
[25-Feb] [23:49:48] <@CH> 5) Dreadnought (present) asked: Is Ship farming Illegal in r9?
[25-Feb] [23:50:00] <@Spinner> Hi Dreadnought
[25-Feb] [23:50:03] <+Dreadnought> lo
[25-Feb] [23:50:04] <+Dreadnought>
[25-Feb] [23:50:04] <@Prince> lo dready
[25-Feb] [23:50:30] <@Spinner> Yes, ship farming is illegal
[25-Feb] [23:50:34] <+Dreadnought> k
[25-Feb] [23:50:36] <+Dreadnought> neat
[25-Feb] [23:50:42] <@Spinner> But as everyone knows, it can be quite hard to proove
[25-Feb] [23:50:48] <@Spinner> prove even
[25-Feb] [23:50:56] <@Prince> but we have the great eye that is ever watchful
[25-Feb] [23:51:04] <@Spinner> But the obvious cases will be dealt with, I assue you
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:09   #22
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by black-eyed boy
Come on, it isn't any difficult to get the ships you want, and actually as much as you want, without fleet-farming.

There are lot of times when someone in your gal, cluster, para, alliance etc can't be defended but if the incoming ships are ships you'd like to have in your fleet, you can always send a few rogues / maras (not too many or you will scare the attacker ). I'm talking about typical cath roiding fleet or pure terran De fleets - they can't do any damage to your rogues and maras so you don't risk anything.
I quite often defended in cluster against pure DE fleets with rogues to steal ships even if I could not cover the target. Often being the first to send, and leaving it up to the target if he got covered or not while I didn't have to worry, because either way would be fine for me. Either they recalled because they thought losses were too high, and in that case the defense worked, or they stay because they can cap roids, and in that case I got some nice dems.

And the 2 fleet version works a treat too. Bucca+demeter and a few rogues in one fleet, in case they leave their wyvs or syrens they're dead. And Rogue+demeter in the other fleet, if for some reason keeping that fleet at target is better it pays to have th option.

It'll not be as fun without OB def though, and I don't like what spinner did to the zik stats and like even less what he didn't explain abuot what he did, so I'll play something else.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:14   #23
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
If you'd been in Pepsi bottle with me you'd know. There's no need to look over anyone's shoulder to recognize non-existant farming fleet movements on the gal status. Nor does anyone have to stand right behind me RL to understand I'm serious when I initiate exiles on people that farm.

About 50M though, nope I never got higher than 25M r8 so I can't prove you wrong, although I don't think it would be any harder maintaining it at 50 than 25. It was the beginning that was the hardest, before all the terrans had dems to steal.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 22:32   #24
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
thank you.
sure ;-)

those were largely to do with the pulsar and this is the cutter but hey ,whatever floats your boat

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 23:26   #25
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
If you'd been in Pepsi bottle with me you'd know. There's no need to look over anyone's shoulder to recognize non-existant farming fleet movements on the gal status. Nor does anyone have to stand right behind me RL to understand I'm serious when I initiate exiles on people that farm.

About 50M though, nope I never got higher than 25M r8 so I can't prove you wrong, although I don't think it would be any harder maintaining it at 50 than 25. It was the beginning that was the hardest, before all the terrans had dems to steal.
ok, I'll take you word for it, however I can't help feel that you'd be sacrificing in roiding capability and that the zikos do quite well on their own, the stolen ships really aren't needed imho.

arc; oi, maybe reading CH logs could be useful once in a while
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 11:10   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Corsairs suck balls... use the resources on a decent ship.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote