User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 14:04   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Gas Prices

I just heard on the news that gas prices are going up in the next few weeks due to the price of oil being it's highest in 10 months. I'm just curious, what is the price for petro in your neck of the woods?

it's $0.778/litre here
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 14:23   #2
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Re: Gas Prices

Round here I believe it's summit round 80p a litre which translates into $1.70 of your cn funny money :P

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 14:33   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

80p??? You exagerating?

It's 75.9p round here. Which is roughly US$1.33 per litre
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 14:43   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
80p??? You exagerating?

4p price differences are common, duder.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:43   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i've seen it at 93p something.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:45   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's $1.69 a gallon here, so about 37.5 cents a litre, or about 20 pence.

IT'S A SCANDAL I TELL YOU !

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:48   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

1.069 € per litre here
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 18:26   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
80p??? You exagerating?

He's talking in CN $ :P

which is roughly $2.20 to the pound

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 18:30   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

76.9p so around 1.82 Canadian dollars
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 19:38   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Around 89-90c a litre here at the moment, thats 1.13726 USD and 1.47588 CAD
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 19:47   #11
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point

€ 1.17, wich is 1.43 USD, or 1.92 CAD per litre
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:15   #12
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
He's talking in CN $ :P

which is roughly $2.20 to the pound
I care not for the colonials and their quaint little currencies. I only deal in pounds and us dollars. And maybe euros.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:45   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
I care not for the colonials and their quaint little currencies. I only deal in pounds and us dollars. And maybe euros.
It's funny how that sounded arrogant until you added that last sentence and just came across as a twat who wanted to sound arrogant.

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:04   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Colonials like the US?
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:08   #15
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

79.6p here in kent (uk)
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:08   #16
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Colonials like the US?
they kicked you guys out 228 years ago, they don't count anymore
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:09   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
If they knew about the commonwealth games, they'd have stayed in.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:23   #18
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Colonials like the US?
What the colonial said ==>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:27   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
What the colonial said ==>
They're a former colony, but then so is canada and everything else.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:32   #20
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Gas Prices

Quote:
If they knew about the commonwealth games, they'd have stayed in.
Mmmmm, Lawn Bowls...
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:37   #21
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

COULD WE GET A ****ING GLOBAL CURRENCY ALREADY? HOLY ****ING CHRIST

ps: $1.55 gallon so about $0.41 per liter so about 0.26 in UK money or 0.33 in EU money or maybe 0.55 in CD (just guessing on that last one).
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 23:38   #22
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

The Queen is the head of state of Canada.
That's good enough reason for me to call them colonials!
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 13:02   #23
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Just over 79 pence a litre here in Bristol (UK) for premium unleaded.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 13:23   #24
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
we already have one or two
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 04:23   #25
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
Yeah, I suggest we use barrels of oil as the global currency.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 08:17   #26
Shr00m

Shr00m is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They're a former colony, but then so is canada and everything else.
You're our colony now. Biatch.

This reminds me, i need to get gas tomorrow. Cheap gas = good when you have a car that is only getting 8mpg
Shr00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 13:48   #27
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Buy a better car?
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 13:51   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
we already have one or two
No we don't.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 14:00   #29
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
No we don't.
well, you dont, but thats not our fault
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 14:04   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
well, you dont, but thats not our fault
What?

Ah, I see, the Euro is a global currency, but only in the countries that use it.

It all makes sense now.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 14:15   #31
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Is the pound a global currency?
Real question and everything.

p.s. it's called petrol you heathen. cos flamming is cool.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 14:35   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Is the pound a global currency?
Real question and everything.
I wouldn't say that any currency is "global". The closest you could find would be the US dollar, but for it to be truly global I think it would have to be accepted universally, and it isn't. For instance, you couldn't walk into a shop in England and pay with US dollars.

wu_trax likes to go on about how the Euro is replacing the US dollar as the major world currency, but he's just kidding himself.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 14:37   #33
wu_trax

Quote:
What?

Ah, I see, the Euro is a global currency, but only in the countries that use it.

It all makes sense now.
i thought that was your point. the euro isnt really a gobal currency yet, but thats only a matter of time.
the dollar definitly is. everyone know what a dollar is worth and what it looks like, thats all that is important.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 15:26   #34
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
the dollar definitly is. everyone know what a dollar is worth and what it looks like, thats all that is important.
By that definition cigarettes are a global currency.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 15:33   #35
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

And breasts.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 15:43   #36
Evergreen
the merciless

Water is the true currency.

Unread 24 Jan 2004, 15:46   #37
wu_trax

Quote:
By that definition cigarettes are a global currency.
yes, but what do you buy them with?
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 15:48   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
yes, but what do you buy them with?
In or out of prison?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 02:24   #39
Shr00m

Shr00m is an unknown quantity at this point

Gold was the global currency until paper money was invented
Shr00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 02:26   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr00m
Gold was the global currency until paper money was invented
The gold standard is pretty rubbish.