User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2003, 12:54   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
"and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

A quote from Spinner.

Aint you a little worried that the person who designed/created the game is suprised at how well its going? Thats like saying 'we did this thing but its gonna be crap' only to discover that its OK.

I'm not a salesman but I do know that a big rule in sales is to have faith in the product. If you don't have that you will never sell it.

Sounds to me like Spinner doesn't have faith in the very product he is asking us to buy.

Not good.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 12:58   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
yes i feel it coming

yup

there it is

exactly right now I start to care enormously

ah **** it's gone again
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 12:58   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
or maybe its just that it is going better than expected...

you know, sometimes, people actually mean what they say, rather than hiding 16 hidden double meanings in it just for you to find....
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:21   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Spinner isn't talking about the game - as you said yourself, he coded it, so he knows exactly how it goes and isn't "surprised by how good it actually is" as you seem to indicate.

He can very well be surprised about the process of beta testing - people are being quite active, providing a lot of feedback about features they like or dislike, about possible problems with certain strategies, things that could be open to abuse, that sort of thing. A good number of things are getting fixed, expanded upon, or otherwise improved, and a lot of progress is being made.

Sounds like a good beta test to me.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:41   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
:)

pld Leshy

and stop accusing Spinner for things you quite frankly dont know **** about yourself ?

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:57   #6
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
A quote from Spinner.

Aint you a little worried that the person who designed/created the game is suprised at how well its going? Thats like saying 'we did this thing but its gonna be crap' only to discover that its OK.

I'm not a salesman but I do know that a big rule in sales is to have faith in the product. If you don't have that you will never sell it.

Sounds to me like Spinner doesn't have faith in the very product he is asking us to buy.

Not good.
I could have a great reply like Leshys, but I'll just tell you to shut the **** up and get a clue, ta.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:03   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
tut tut..llamas!
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:07   #8
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
well.

i'm glad $pinner is satisfied with the beta testing.

no use in twisting his words into nonsense.

what a poor thread.

you could use a little tweaking crashtester.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:18   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the first product is almost always crap.

that's why they have beta testing, to fix it.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:24   #10
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
the first product is almost always crap.

that's why they have beta testing, to fix it.
Ever heard of Master of Orion 3?

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:33   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Let's hear the horrid tale, mr.teletubbie of the fifth order :D
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:10   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
/me shudders in horror
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 18:45   #13
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point
M.A.X 2 or MOO3 which was worse?
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 20:23   #14
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
God I love this game. The whine-contingent does not have anything usefull to complain about so they have to resort to mis-quoting Spinner. Well played!
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 00:45   #15
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Oh how I waited for that game for years. Played #2 over and over and over. Bought #3 20min after it was released, had it preordered. Played a couple hours, read the manual while smoking on the balcony, played another couple of hours.

I dare say the manual was more fun than the game.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 00:48   #16
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
so whats workig and whats not?

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46
Round 8 - 15:5 [Adelante] + [DTA] + [ETY]
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 01:24   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fist
I hear the NDA's working.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 02:37   #18
Dreadnought

Quote:
Pause, Think, Think Again as you most likely wont work it out first time, Delete.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 09:17   #19
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fist
i'm making no comment
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 13:09   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
A quote from Spinner.

Not good.
Is this a "I'm sulking cos I'm not in the beta and want to try and make them look stupid" thread?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 17:19   #21
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Is this a "I'm sulking cos I'm not in the beta and want to try and make them look stupid" thread?
maddix wins
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 17:27   #22
Golin
Retard

Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
maddix wins
Well.

Atleast the crash test dummy lost.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 18:31   #23
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor attempt to stir up some sh*t

Spinner obviously meant that beta testing is going far better than he expected.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 09:12   #24
Seeke

lol just be happy that the beta is going well
ffs now be quiete and waith on R10
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 09:14   #25
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Originally posted by Golin
Well.

Atleast the crash test dummy lost.
Awww can't I win on just one occasion?

Unread 28 Jul 2003, 09:53   #26
Dreadnought

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
/me presents Maddix with a silver medal
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 11:47   #27
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
/me presents Maddix with a silver medal
Shut up Dreadn00b

Unread 28 Jul 2003, 13:58   #28
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
i agree with you maddix, YOU ROCK
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 14:50   #29
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Veil05
i agree with you maddix, YOU ROCK
Leave me alone, stalker

Unread 28 Jul 2003, 17:21   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Dont be so stupid! Never have I aspired to be in a Planetarion beta.

Its like saying to the boss 'let me go through that huge spreadsheet and check for errors before you use it in your presentation'. Its not fun.
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 17:52   #31
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Dont be so stupid! Never have I aspired to be in a Planetarion beta.

Its like saying to the boss 'let me go through that huge spreadsheet and check for errors before you use it in your presentation'. Its not fun.
If you've never been in a beta who would you have the foggiest?

Unread 29 Jul 2003, 06:26   #32
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
you're right.
it's not fun
not fun at all.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 10:00   #33
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
If you've never been in a beta who would you have the foggiest?
What? Make sense, ffs.

I have never wanted to be in a Planetarion beta, i'd rather go have a toothe extracted or something. That quote I used was taken from an announcement on the portal, not because of any direct involvement in a crappy beta.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 10:05   #34
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What? Make sense, ffs.

I have never wanted to be in a Planetarion beta, i'd rather go have a toothe extracted or something. That quote I used was taken from an announcement on the portal, not because of any direct involvement in a crappy beta.
He does make sense, however to put it in more simple words so even you can understand it:

If you have never played any beta, which means you don't have any ****ing clue what is happening there, why don't you just shut the **** up?

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 10:05   #35
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
What? Make sense, ffs.

'how' not 'who'

I'm sure most people realised it was a simple typo...apparently your mind isn't able to conceive of such extreme possibilites - altho this would explain your original interpretation of Spinner's portal message, sudden it all becomes clear.

You need to go back a few 'grades' in school.

Unread 29 Jul 2003, 11:55   #36
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
'how' not 'who'

I'm sure most people realised it was a simple typo...
Which is why I went on to answer your question. I was just pointing out you are a bit of a bumb fk.
Unread 29 Jul 2003, 12:22   #37
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
I was just pointing out you are a bit of a bumb fk.
Oh the irony

Unread 30 Jul 2003, 08:32   #38
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "and generally we are surprised at how well this is going"

Quote:
Which is why I went on to answer your question. I was just pointing out you are a bit of a bumb fk.
quick note, you spelt dumb wrong

P.S: Maddix, your like van wilder and im ragh his assistant

Last edited by Veil05; 30 Jul 2003 at 08:38.
Veil05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 11:27   #39
Golin
Retard

Quote:
AND TEH WINNAR IS: [SILENCIO].................................................................................................... ..............................................................................[/SILENCIO]

MADDIX!

THE REWARD IS ALREADY IN THE MAILBOX0R!

!
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.