User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 May 2003, 12:22   #1
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Exiling

You need at least 1 of each resource in the Galaxy Fund to initiate an exile vote of planet_x_x_x.

WHY? why can't we exile inactives right away? why does it still cost so much to exile?

These r9 ppl that are automatically in the gal but haven't logged in, I want to remove them asap!
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:25   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
i'm pretty sure you moaned about lack-of-galfund use last round as well...at least think of new things to complain about.
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:29   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Exiling

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
You need at least 1 of each resource in the Galaxy Fund to initiate an exile vote of planet_x_x_x.

WHY? why can't we exile inactives right away? why does it still cost so much to exile?

These r9 ppl that are automatically in the gal but haven't logged in, I want to remove them asap!
The fund is disabled before protection ends to stop people from getting resources donated to them, or enabling them to trade to their advantage before protection ends. It gives 72 hours where everyone is equal and the generosity or cooperation of your galaxy isn't a factor.

The cost to exile someone is based on their score, so the bigger they are, the more it costs (that's called stating the obvious btw)

There are a couple of possibilities about the people who still haven't logged in.
1) They're genuineley inactive
2) They've logged in, but haven't changed their name yet.
3) They haven't been around to login, and they realise that there's 5 days until ticks start and not a lot to do between now and then, so are having a few days off.
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:45   #4
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Exiling

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
The fund is disabled before protection ends to stop people from getting resources donated to them, or enabling them to trade to their advantage before protection ends. It gives 72 hours where everyone is equal and the generosity or cooperation of your galaxy isn't a factor.

The cost to exile someone is based on their score, so the bigger they are, the more it costs (that's called stating the obvious btw)

There are a couple of possibilities about the people who still haven't logged in.
3) They haven't been around to login, and they realise that there's 5 days until ticks start and not a lot to do between now and then, so are having a few days off.
yes obviously there are several options. however regardless of which of the above that apply to the people in my galaxy that still have the random name I want them out.

Someone that is so disinterested that they haven't bothered to find out when r 9.5 starts are too inactive to be in my galaxy.

Someone that's so disinterested in his galaxy that he hasn't posted in forums or voted even himself for GC are too disinterested in their galaxy to be worth having.

Someone who knows that the game is on and has taken a few days off will probably do so later in the round as well. people that prioritize like that might as well be exiled.

I want rid of them and I want rid of them now.
Why can't it be up to the galaxy who they want out? Why do we have to pay such a hefty price to exile people once ticks start? and now that score is 0 why do we have to have resources in gal fund to make the exile?

With the option to exile at score 0 effectively disabled we'll have to wait til tick 72. At that point they'll have 457120 resources and18 initiated roids that give them score making the exile cost of a total inactive VERY HIGH!

It's not like exiling someone that has'nt logged on harms them, If they ever do log in they won't even know they were there to begin with, but will just think that where they land is where they started.
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:46   #5
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Exiling

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

was that an actual answer ? why not put 1 unit of every resource into the fund ? why not let ppl exile those who they think are inactive ? why not let the majority of a gal exile someone who might be active but doesnt fit into the gal ?
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:53   #6
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Exiling

Quote:
yes obviously there are several options. however regardless of which of the above that apply to the people in my galaxy that still have the random name I want them out.

Someone that is so disinterested that they haven't bothered to find out when r 9.5 starts are too inactive to be in my galaxy.

Someone that's so disinterested in his galaxy that he hasn't posted in forums or voted even himself for GC are too disinterested in their galaxy to be worth having.

Someone who knows that the game is on and has taken a few days off will probably do so later in the round as well. people that prioritize like that might as well be exiled.

Why can't it be up to the galaxy who they want out? Why do we have to pay such a hefty price to exile people once ticks start? and now that score is 0 why do we have to have resources in gal fund to make the exile?

With the option to exile at score 0 effectively disabled we'll have to wait til tick 72. At that point they'll have 457120 resources and18 initiated roids that give them score making the exile cost of a total inactive VERY HIGH!

It's not like exiling someone that has'nt logged on harms them, If they ever do log in they won't even know they were there to begin with, but will just think that where they land is where they started.
Second solution. Exile yourself, it'll cost less.
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:58   #7
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
i'm pretty sure you moaned about lack-of-galfund use last round as well...at least think of new things to complain about.
my last thread on the fund

I have moaned about not being able to trade or donate resources in protection ever since they removed the possibility in round 4. I always write a new and original post about it though, since they purge the boards I never get to copy the old one

This however is the first time I have run into the problem of not being able to exile someone during protection, so even if my moaning about gal fund is an old record indeed there is now a new reason to play it.

Last edited by Chax; 29 May 2003 at 13:22.
Chax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:00   #8
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Its a game, its free. Everyone has the right to play it their own way. This is one of the attitudes which ruins the game.
Thank god you're not my GC. Can't believe how unfriendly you have become towards your fellow players.
Imagine taking a few days off for something called RL, and you DISSAPROVE of it.
Can you get any more sad, Chax?
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:07   #9
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:

1. Fair point, they might be inactive and not want to play r9.5 or they haven't realised it's started yet. You can get rid of them later on.

2. Name change not made... still thinking of a new one.
Not voted for a GC yet... then it's not clear who's best for the job yet.
Not posted on forums... a little rude, but they may be nervous about introducing themselves, or not want to give away too much information about themselves on the offchance that there is another shuffle.

3. Holidays, Exams, a few days off to recover. Just because they've dared to take a few days away from their computer and enjoy the real world for a bit doesn't mean that they're bad people. Ever heard of giving people a chance?

Quote:
Remember that you, and the rest of your galaxy also have 18 roids. The cost is higher than normal rounds, but it is of the same proportions as if everyone had 3 roids.

This thread makes you look rude, arrogant and intolerant. Give people a chance before writing them off. A 2 day period when many people have various forms of exams and are busy with them is hardly a good time to judge people.
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:25   #10
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Re: Re: Re: Re: Exiling

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
3. Holidays, Exams, a few days off to recover. Just because they've dared to take a few days away from their computer and enjoy the real world for a bit doesn't mean that they're bad people. Ever heard of giving people a chance?
It takes how long to log in and make a post on forums?
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:05   #11
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Exiling

Quote:

This thread makes you look rude, arrogant and intolerant. Give people a chance before writing them off. A 2 day period when many people have various forms of exams and are busy with them is hardly a good time to judge people.
read it chax

scared u won't be 1337 without ur priv round gal mates ?

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:06   #12
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
A2, you should be a creator..

it's about time you got a promotion, as your ability to completely miss the point is surpassed only by Spinner
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:09   #13
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
A2, you should be a creator..

it's about time you got a promotion, as your ability to completely miss the point is surpassed only by Spinner
hehe nicley put.

however i think he was distracted from a good point that chax made, by the manner he made it, I mean the reasons for deleting are a bit lame, and in this A2 is right, give ppl a chance to prove themselfs.

As for lowering the cost to exile inatives I agree too, don't see the reason to do it now though, unless ofc he is hopeing some mates land in his gal.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:10   #14
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Remember in the UK at least, most 15-20yr olds have exams and a lot of ppl are on holiday because its Whit week! Or maybe some of us have girls/wives that need to be kept happy. There is no excuse for u getting on your high horse about ppl who havent logged in b4 the round has even started ffs

Maybe you should try leaving the house and getting some fresh air... maybe play a bit of football and relax, your obviously way too up tight and tense at ur PC!
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:26   #15
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Or people are just keeping it quiet and inactive until they know about a possible new shuffle.
Unread 29 May 2003, 17:33   #16
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

CharlieB is an unknown quantity at this point
Chax = Someone who takes this game far to seriously.
Unread 29 May 2003, 21:14   #17
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Everyone STOP MOANING

- This is a RANDOM round
- This is a round with lots of FREE accounts

This WILL result in your gal having inactices, farms, spies, etc.

so STOP MOANING.

PLEASE
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:22   #18
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
Everyone STOP MOANING

- This is a RANDOM round
- This is a round with lots of FREE accounts

This WILL result in your gal having inactices, farms, spies, etc.

so STOP MOANING.

PLEASE
speak for yourself mr 'i'm a retard and i changed my e-mail address for fun'
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:47   #19
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Mr. Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah go cicadadadda!@*!*
Unread 29 May 2003, 22:54   #20
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
/me puts the dog collors back on the dogs
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:16   #21
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
/me puts the dog collors back on the dogs
/me sex0rs Zeus
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:25   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieB
Chax = Someone who takes this game far to seriously.
Yes. But atleast he got no "issues" like some other who takes the game far to serious. Thats why I kinda like him
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:16   #23
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Chax on this

it would be better iff we could exile teh multi's from our gal
before the ticks for 0 price etc

get them all in one gal and they wont just be one persons farms
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:41   #24
A2
#planetarion

You could remember why the price on exile was put on in the first place.

If I remember correctly it was put on in Round 8 (the random one) to try and make people make friends with their random gal mates and not to exile them for petty reasons which is essentially what Chax is trying to do.
Unread 30 May 2003, 01:20   #25
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

If I remember correctly it was put on in Round 8 (the random one) to try and make people make friends with their random gal mates and not to exile them for petty reasons which is essentially what Chax is trying to do.
What a croc of nonsense.

I want to make friends with new people. However, some people are impossible to make friends with.

1. People that don't log in.
2. People that don't post in forums.
3. People that don't reply to in game mails.
4. People that don't join the galaxy channel.

I want to exile these 4 groups of people, to enable more people that I can make friends with to join. Now where is the harm in that? I'm not being arrogant to anybody. If there was infact anybody in those accounts I wouldn't want to exile them in the first place. I may be arrogant toward you here on these boards because you ridicule me. I am not however arrogant to anyone in my galaxy. If I was they wouldn't have voted me GC.
Unread 30 May 2003, 01:31   #26
A2
#planetarion

You appear to have missed the entirel possibility that people are entitled to a week while ticks aren't running to go and sort out their lives, pass important exams, spend evening's out, go on holiday, whatever.

Regardless of what you claim you are judging people based on between 2 and 3 days of "knowing them". You don't know who they are, you don't know what they are capable of. You might accidentally exile someone who has a gift and is brilliant at PA. Just becuase they don't want to vote for you as GC and inflate your ego further doesn't mean that they don't want to play a part in the galaxy.

I've already given the reason WHY there is a cost involved in eciling someone so I'm not going to repeat. Like it or lump it you're stuck with them until they either delete their accounts, or until you exile them after the first 72 ticks of the game. There's nothing you can do about it, and therefore no point complaining about it.
Unread 30 May 2003, 01:34   #27
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
You appear to have missed the entirel possibility that people are entitled to a week while ticks aren't running to go and sort out their lives, pass important exams, spend evening's out, go on holiday, whatever.

Regardless of what you claim you are judging people based on between 2 and 3 days of "knowing them". You don't know who they are, you don't know what they are capable of. You might accidentally exile someone who has a gift and is brilliant at PA. Just becuase they don't want to vote for you as GC and inflate your ego further doesn't mean that they don't want to play a part in the galaxy.

I've already given the reason WHY there is a cost involved in eciling someone so I'm not going to repeat. Like it or lump it you're stuck with them until they either delete their accounts, or until you exile them after the first 72 ticks of the game. There's nothing you can do about it, and therefore no point complaining about it.
Politics my dear bush walker, politics. Who are you to criticise someone elses political means?
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 02:02   #28
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

That's not quite how I remember it. As I recall, the exiling cost was added to prevent players from self-exiling continuously in hopes of eventually gaining a "good" position. It was also applied to galaxy exiles for no good reason at all (that I could ever discover).

In typical PA fashion, the exiling cost structure was poorly chosen. It goes up (and rather too quickly) making exiling extremely expensive after the first few weeks (and that's not even counting the cost of carrying deadwood around that doesn't contribute to galaxy defense, etc). If anything, the exiling cost structure actually encourages immediate exiling for petty reasons because it quickly becomes very expensive to exile for any reason (better to exile suspect players while it's cheap to do so--if you take a chance on them and it turns out they're spies/multies/farms, then you may not be able to afford to exile them later).

It's all very well to say that galaxies should give new players/inactives a chance, but with every tick the cost of exiling them goes up. What kind of message do you think that sends? You tell customers they should play the game a certain way and then penalize them when they do.
Quote:
There's nothing you can do about it, and therefore no point complaining about it.
You know, it's just as easy to thank a customer for their input and tell them you'll "take it under advisement" as it does to tell them to "piss off." The advantage of the former is that the customer might be inclined to think you give a damn.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 02:45   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
A2, you actually played PA?
I hope you dont have anything to do with this, as Tacticus pointed out clearly in the above post.

Nobody wants to get stuck with the farms/inactives/scanners. The only thing you get is annoyence and more incoming (since these multies have a tendecy to hand out gal-status).

My gal r8 had a multi-planet, who gave out galaxy-status to his "friends".. got us more than a fear share of incoming in the begining... Why take the risk?
It doesnt take alot to say "hi". Less than a minute does it takes to log in, write "Im John from London, Im 19 years old" on the politics board. Its not alot of effort exactly.

And people who play PA has know rl and stuff
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 02:55   #30
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
[b]Just becuase they don't want to vote for you as GC and inflate your ego further doesn't mean that they don't want to play a part in the galaxy.[b]
Amazing really, the way you make up your mind that this is about something that it isn't. What has voting for me got to do with anything, I never mentioned not voting for me as an exile resason. I did however mention not voting at all, which is just another sign of inactivity along with not posting, not replying and not changing name.

You don't have to like me, you don't even have to agree with me, but I see no reason whatsoever that you should fabricate reasons to flame me when obviously you seem to believe to have enough valid reasons as it is.
Unread 30 May 2003, 02:56   #31
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
That's not quite how I remember it. As I recall, the exiling cost was added to prevent players from self-exiling continuously in hopes of eventually gaining a "good" position. It was also applied to galaxy exiles for no good reason at all (that I could ever discover).
Self exiling was introduced in r8 and was given a cost and LIMITED to 3 opportunities for precisely the reason that you outlined I believe. ie. Preventing, or at least limiting galaxy hopping.

There's a difference between exiling, and self-exiling in this instance. The basic justification was that people would thing "do I want to get to know this person, or do I want to go to the trouble of getting rid of them?". Like I said, what I said then was as I remember from the announcements about it.
Unread 30 May 2003, 03:04   #32
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
A2, you actually played PA?
I hope you dont have anything to do with this, as Tacticus pointed out clearly in the above post.

Nobody wants to get stuck with the farms/inactives/scanners. The only thing you get is annoyence and more incoming (since these multies have a tendecy to hand out gal-status).

My gal r8 had a multi-planet, who gave out galaxy-status to his "friends".. got us more than a fear share of incoming in the begining... Why take the risk?
It doesnt take alot to say "hi". Less than a minute does it takes to log in, write "Im John from London, Im 19 years old" on the politics board. Its not alot of effort exactly.

And people who play PA has know rl and stuff
Yes, I do play PA.
Yes, I have been put in galaxies in the past with inactives, and probably spies, and still had fun with the members of the galaxy who were active.

No, the cost of exiling someone was not anything to do with me. It was something that was put in for r8, and I only joined PA Team late in November (late r8). Any opinions I'm giving in this thread are purely my own.

Incidentally Chax, the reason why I assumed you were the GC of the galaxy was that you have repeatedly referred to it as "my" galaxy, implying that you considered yourself the leader. You also made a post somewhere in this thread where you chastised people for not being active enough to vote for a GC.
Unread 30 May 2003, 03:07   #33
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
lol, there are times you just give in and back down.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 03:41   #34
Chax
Pepsi bottle

From what I recall from r8 beta the reason exiling cost resources was that it was pointed out that one could get away from the self exiling costs and limits by getting the galaxy to exile you. With the cost for exiling the galaxy would say no, you pay it yourself.

IE Tactitus is correct, it was to prevent jumping about til you found a nice gal.

And btw A2, your assumption that I'm GC of my galaxy is correct, at least for now. However I would have referred to it as such even if I was not a minister. Still... it's the not voting at all not the not voting for me.
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:11   #35
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
What about missing the point

A2, where have you been the past 3 years? Mars?

You seem to be totally missing the point!

PEOPLE DON'T WANT FARMS IN THEIR GALS!!

It's obvious someone that
- Doesn't come to IRC
- Doesn't post in politics
- Doesn't come online
- Didn't rename his planet name yet

Is either a farmer, a multi, an ignorant, or a totally inactive 'i cba' person.

Now, if people don't want them in their gals, they should have the option to exile them.

RIGHT?
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:17   #36
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What about missing the point

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
Now, if people don't want them in their gals, they should have the option to exile them.
I don't want them in my universe. I should have the option to delete their planets.

RIGHT?

(As a sidenote, I agree that exiling is very expensive at this point, and I'd equally like to see the cost lowered. The burden of having an inactive planet and subsequently a planet less can already be of quite a cost to the galaxy. Adding a resource penalty on top of that seems a bit double.)
Unread 30 May 2003, 11:16   #37
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: What about missing the point

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I don't want them in my universe. I should have the option to delete their planets.

RIGHT?
the difference is that an inactive planet somewhere at the other end of the universe won't influence your game while an inactive planet or better put the active player u might get instead can influence your game quite a lot.
an active galaxy is good galaxy, and a good galaxy is a high scoring galaxy, and a high scoring galaxy is a bad target for most... and that's only one of the reason