User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 May 2003, 21:44   #1
Black_Kat

Black_Kat is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Creators!!!

i'm in errr was in speedround 2 (the current one) quit few hrs ago.

from the start i didnt realize it was set times for playing until i was already signed up and then realized that start time for the game each day was effectively 4am in my local time....no idea how or why i even bothered waking up at 4 the first day....did alright....then the sleepiness just took over..missed a few hrs and everything i worked for was gone....built back up...didnt even bother trying to get up at 4am for the 2nd day...and of course..when i finally did get up...everything...gone again...no big deal if the game is 24hrs cos u just gotta take it on the nose and catch your foes while they sleep...but my timezone for some of the speedround i will no doubt be asleep....while others it's just a saturday/sunday afternoon to them

can we puh-lease have a round the clock speedround in the future one that doesn't automatically disadvantage folks like me in east coast USA from the very beginning maybe if i looked around i woulda found the news of the actual speed round times...but even so...i like speed round...i'd like to play in them...but i can't be bothered again if this is how it is. even if u start the things at 4am YOUR local time or whatever....i wouldn't mind taking that disadvantage of everyone else getting a jump off while i'm still in bed as long as i knew that when it was 8pm my time and 4am for u guys...i could catch back up etc.

can someone reply to this with your thoughts....
Black_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 21:54   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
With speedrounds, it's the idea to have the times as convenient as possible for as large an amount of players as possible. Which means that you are in the unfortunate position of having a timezone which differs quite somewhat from the majority of people playing the speedgames.
Unread 25 May 2003, 21:57   #3
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point
well, if we have a good time for you usa folks then the time will be bad for all those from europe.

10 times mightier than 2001
Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 21:59   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I know! Lets have a time that's REALLY REALLY inconvenient for the creators and most of the playerbase!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 22:19   #5
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I know! Lets have a time that's REALLY REALLY inconvenient for the creators and most of the playerbase!
I know lets have a forum troll put forth all of the suggestions that will make the game REALLY REALLY great from his/her prespective.

christ man,
Black_Kat had a point,
Albeit it will likely never happen again that a speed round starts around 8am in a part of northamerica (i think see WC1 na division)
this is based on the player base which is vastly located in europe simply due to demographics.

How ever you could have replied diffrently on this thread in a polite mannor, instead of jumping to "put downs" on other people whom may not know the exact reasons.
One thing everyone playing this game agrees is it needs new blood and its quite funny that few of the players seem to consider there own actions when responding to people they dont know, which affects the player population in this game.
Unread 25 May 2003, 22:39   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
You really are arrogant aren't you?

If you actually read the post, he was asking for a Round-the-clock game. Which (as days were the same length all over the world the last time i checked...) would "interrupt" similar parts of the day for everyone who plays- those who choose to go without sleep may have slight benefits, but in a private round gal-compositions could accomodate the 24h nature of the game- much like in the normal rounds.

The disavantage to players then, is minimal. The only problem is finding someone who is either from NA (or oz) who can monitor the servers, or a creator who is willing to go without sleep.
Unread 25 May 2003, 22:41   #7
Black_Kat

Black_Kat is an unknown quantity at this point
i never said change the times to cater to just one person (me) i said make the speed round nonstop throughout the weekend...so all have a chance

24hrs a day just like the regular round is what i said...

and also, i didn't realize that creators had to monitor things and such etc....so since that is the case, then i totally understand why the speedround runs at the times it does...it needs to be convenient for them to be able to fix problems...
Black_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 23:32   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm not a troll.

I meant start time, but I admit that it was a tad overreactionary, however as SYMM points out it'll require a few more creators to be able to do this.

Sorry for any offense caused; you're a far cry from the standard of poster that deserves that kind of response, at least from this thread.

[by means of explanation, I'm feeling quite lethargic, and didn't fully read your post before replying, after assuming you were an idiot; this says more about me and this forum than you]

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 26 May 2003 at 03:14.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:42   #9
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Any american timezone 8am start would be perfect for me. I'm in CET zone and I want to play during the night when my wife and son are asleep.
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:23   #10
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm norwegian and I loved the speed round last year which was 24 hours straight.
cos I'm a hard assed no sleeper.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:40   #11
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: Hey Creators!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Kat
~
You're just weak.
I did it twice (well 3 times )
First speed round, both days was up at 4 am (I'm near Toronto).
Second speed round, first day was up and playing, second forgot to set alarm. But it didn't matter seeing as my gal was inactive, and being farmed left right and center.

Speed rounds are for those that are dedicated enough to play them for all those hours ...

Though, the one thing I'd like to see is a Speed round on our time, so that we can catch the Euro players when they start nodding off at 3 am or so

<--- just wanted to try it
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:43   #12
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Re: Re: Hey Creators!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
You're just weak.
I did it twice (well 3 times )
First speed round, both days was up at 4 am (I'm near Toronto).
Second speed round, first day was up and playing, second forgot to set alarm. But it didn't matter seeing as my gal was inactive, and being farmed left right and center.

Speed rounds are for those that are dedicated enough to play them for all those hours ...

Though, the one thing I'd like to see is a Speed round on our time, so that we can catch the Euro players when they start nodding off at 3 am or so

it was 4am :/
ok guess i was wrong i thought they started that "later"

all i remember is the 14hour drive with 2 roomates sleeping for about 6 hours of it and bitching for 7 (they did drive about 1 hour... 30 minutes in the wrong direction heh)
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:51   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
This is a cool proposition!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:54   #14
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

hehe nice little smilie - i hadnt actually noticed it untill i quoted you to see who you did it
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:59   #15
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: Hey Creators!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Kat

Make speedrounds 24h straight..

We can seperate men from mice then.....
Normal we sacrifce 3 months for a whole round, so I think you guys can sacrifice 1 night of sleep as well..

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Unread 27 May 2003, 00:37   #16
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball

Normal we sacrifce 3 months for a whole round, so I think you guys can sacrifice 1 night of sleep as well..

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
24 hours straight through is definitely the way to go.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 02:08   #17
Howling

Howling is an unknown quantity at this point
Well most Aussies, Kiwis and Americans Wont bother playing speedrounds cos of the times .. why not let us bash the euros when they sleep, just to even things up a bit.
Unread 27 May 2003, 12:57   #18
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Hrm, yes, 24 hours straight
MMMM
MAKE IT HAPPEN
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 13:41   #19
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Hey Creators!!!

Quote:
Hrm, yes, 24 hours straight
MMMM
MAKE IT HAPPEN
---------------------------

I could make a drug related comment here..........but it would prob be in poor taste.
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:26   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
us euros have to wake up in the middle of the nite in real pa :P now the americans/aussies know how we feel when the play speed pa, but 24 hrs startight pa speed games wud be fun
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:30   #21
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
48 hrs straight speedround plz :>
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:50   #22
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
What's annoying is that the us got the one of the best time zones to live in when it's normal pa.

But i also want 24/7 speed rounds as i would love to see some wrong launches after 30 hours with no sleep

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 17:45   #23
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Hi Madonna
Unread 27 May 2003, 18:37   #24
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by pig
us euros have to wake up in the middle of the nite in real pa :P now the americans/aussies know how we feel when the play speed pa, but 24 hrs startight pa speed games wud be fun

us northamericans have more time zones then you euros and the advantage may not be that great as one might think depending where you live
See Trendkill for example the newf ;p