User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:18   #1
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Paralell buttons

As you have noticed by now, there are two new bottons in the galaxys screen window. I would like to point out to the tech crew and the rest of you that atm the up arrow goes down a gal in paralell and the down arrow goes up a gal in paralell. Now in stead a recoding just chnage the pics arround.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:55   #2
Ruler
leecher

Ruler is an unknown quantity at this point
There have been like 10 threads about it, it has been discussed in CH! and the whole uni has talked about it!
I got one question where the f**** have you been?
You have to look at it like a plance 2d
example:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 <--------- cluster
Para

If you like at this you see that when you push right you go up in cluster! If you push down you up in para!

This all might be confusing at the start, but you get used to it believe me. And if you don't sue the pa crew or shoot them or what ever the f*** you want!
Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 02:21   #3
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Common design practice dictates that you should make the emergency stop button big and red so that when you really need to stop the machinery you know immediately where to push. Making it green and tiny and having to explain what it is over and over again after accidents have already happened isn't the way to go.

So, why isn't the para up arrow the one that gives you a higher number. If it was that way there wouldn't be a need for all these threads about it.
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 02:30   #4
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
its because Kloopy is a tart.. and was trying to be clever :P
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 04:15   #5
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas
its because Kloopy is a tart.. and was trying to be clever :P
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 10:22   #6
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road
Code:
cluster
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
                           4p
                           5a
                           6r
                           7a
The cluster buttons are working the wrong way
leknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 10:43   #7
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Its realy no big 'thing' to understand the viewer corectly.. Those complainign about it, not understanding it - should be ashamed of them selfes.. Those moaning about it, even more ashamed..
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 10:49   #8
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road
Theres a reason why many companies use consultants for UI design instead of letting the coders design it...

Any 'non-technical' person imagines 2D plane with origo on bottom left instead on the top corner. And as a little bonus it would result: 'up' is higher.
leknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 11:50   #9
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by leknu
Theres a reason why many companies use consultants for UI design instead of letting the coders design it...

Any 'non-technical' person imagines 2D plane with origo on bottom left instead on the top corner. And as a little bonus it would result: 'up' is higher.
Along with psychology, sexology and folkloristics I have also studied HCI at university. and after all these years of study the bottom line is

Too right baby.
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 13:46   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
In my opinion, it makes sense.

Up/Left = Previous
Down/Right = Next
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 15:00   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
The way it is now is good enough for me
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:22   #12
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
I can live it. I consider it totally retarded, but I can live it. Most of the trouble really comes from the buttom being too small to hit with the mouse quickly than from it leading to the "wrong" direction.
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote