User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Feb 2003, 15:12   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
No shuffle

Quote:
Quote from CH:
<Prince> [F]Dr_Zaius asked: Will there be a re-shuffle this round and if so could small private gals be shuffled with others at some point?
<Spinner> I dont THINK there will be a reshuffle
<Spinner> And I hope we dont have to do merging of gals eityher, so make sure you get them filled
This is bad, real bad. This sound like they are going for the straightforward filling of gals one by one. Cluster for cluster. All other methods would require a shuffle afterwards. Straightforward filling is horrible.

Firstly you can recognize random gals as they fill be filled upto 10 straight away.

Secondly you can try to create several people in a random gal by signing up (or activating accounts even) at same time or try to create sevral private gals in same clusters by signingup/activating accounts at same time.

Thirdly this will allow for cluster politics well before the start of the round which is real bad for the lower clusters as they will be the last tobe created. In fact you might create several private gals (1 player only) and look around your clusters to see which one your alliance controls and then fill that one up and leave the other gals filled with only one player (make it a scan planet) to lower the quality of those clusters.

No shuffle might well mean the death of this round before it starts. I would love to hear from creators how they are going to manage to make this round start without the problems I just indicated without doing a shuffle after signups.

My personal preference would be to have a shuffle at ticks36 or later. Tick 70 shuffle would really be great fun !!!

hAl
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 15:14   #2
Noob
*** pe0n ***

Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed

Round 3 - 92:16:22
Round 4 - 60:14:06
Round 5 - 15:09:13
Round 6 - 06:12:12
Round 7 - 22:20:08
Round 8 - 33:10:09
Round 9 - Retired
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 15:28   #3
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
yes, there should be a shuffle (preferably BEFORE the round starts)

don't these guys learn from their mistakes... they only put the shuffle in cos of the problems filling one-by-one caused..!
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 15:51   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
You're assuming the creators care about round 9.

However, I also agree.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 17:08   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
It seems rather pointless not to have a shuffle.

Without a shuffle, we will not only have private galaxies in round 9, but private clusters as well

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 18:20   #6
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
they are tryin to unrandomize randomisation.. or something

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 18:47   #7
r72dk

r72dk is an unknown quantity at this point
not only they dont give out news abuot the round... but no shuffle ?!?!?!?

can someone quote cochese when talking to PA team please ?
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 18:57   #8
Ðiscorporation

This is Spinner we're talking about here..

(Lo Spinnar, fs)
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 19:18   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN
This is Spinner we're talking about here..

(Lo Spinnar, fs)

He's been more reasonable than ever in my recent dealings with him, which is not only surprising, but curious in that he would make a mistake of this magnitude...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 19:20   #10
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
He's been more reasonable than ever in my recent dealings with him, which is not only surprising, but curious in that he would make a mistake of this magnitude...
I haven't spoken to him recently

Perhaps they don't want to put in the effort. I can understand that.
Player-pressure will most likeley force a shuffle, though
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 19:35   #11
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN
IPerhaps they don't want to put in the effort. I can understand that.
When will they realise that they are running a business and can't just 'not put the effort it'? People are paying for this, not putting in effort is simply a disgrace.

If they don't shuffle it will be by pure laziness, they can't blame it on any tech problems or give any other crap reasons.

Somehow they keep getting worse, although I don't quite see how that is possible.

And making people appear randomly all over the place to begin with isn't good enough either since they don't know how many people will sign up and people will create lots of gals and pick the best. A shuffle is essential.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 19:58   #12
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm suprised this hasn't been addressed in the code by now. Every round has had a shuffle and every round it has been a big deal to undertake. Instead of right off assigning coords at signup they should have just assigned user IDs and group IDs and then assigned coords at random at a later time..
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 20:02   #13
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
When will they realise that they are running a business and can't just 'not put the effort it'? People are paying for this, not putting in effort is simply a disgrace.

If they don't shuffle it will be by pure laziness, they can't blame it on any tech problems or give any other crap reasons.

Somehow they keep getting worse, although I don't quite see how that is possible.

And making people appear randomly all over the place to begin with isn't good enough either since they don't know how many people will sign up and people will create lots of gals and pick the best. A shuffle is essential.
This round is something to keep us busy. If they didn't need the cash, it wouldn't have taken place.

Now, you'll know all the factorsbeforehand (I assume). This means you can make a choice about playing or not playing.
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 20:24   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Angry heh

we clearly NEED a shuffle

dont want the round destroyed be4 it starts
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 20:41   #15
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Gees, just read teh CH logs and no shuffle is bad. They might as well let us make private clusters and parallels, or even better just let us all see who has the most clusters under their control and declare them the winner.

No shuffle is not a possibility!!!

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 21:11   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
I'm suprised this hasn't been addressed in the code by now. Every round has had a shuffle and every round it has been a big deal to undertake. Instead of right off assigning coords at signup they should have just assigned user IDs and group IDs and then assigned coords at random at a later time..
That would require some perspective. The creators always seem to try to low-ball the need for a shuffle: 'I don't think we'll need a shuffle this time...', 'If we need a shuffle...', etc and then cave-in when the complaints reach a crescendo.

I don't know why they don't learn from their mistakes. I swear--it's almost as if they enjoyed making them. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 21:13   #17
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by <ETH>iSCoRPoRaTioN
Now, you'll know all the factorsbeforehand (I assume).
If we do, it'll be a first. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 21:31   #18
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
If we do, it'll be a first. :/
endless optimism is a habit hard to get rid of =\
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 21:39   #19
Lyam
filmjölk

Lyam is an unknown quantity at this point
raaaAAHH

fs shuffle or the bunny gets it
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 21:51   #20
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a quick word with fudge,
see http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...hreadid=158420
I'll talk to Spinner when he gets online.
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 22:43   #21
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
I assumed from the CH logs that what he was saying when he said no reshuffle was about like r8 planet shuffle ... since everyone knows galaxy shuffle is a every round thing he wouldnt have been so silly as to change it when its obviously needed.

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:28   #22
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax
Gees, just read teh CH logs and no shuffle is bad.
Am I the only one who saw this ??? Weren't there actual players present at the CH anymore ??? This was actually the only bit of info that was contained in those CH logs.

hAl
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:30   #23
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Sn0w
I assumed from the CH logs that what he was saying when he said no reshuffle was about like r8 planet shuffle ... since everyone knows galaxy shuffle is a every round thing he wouldnt have been so silly as to change it when its obviously needed.
Ah, well, I hope you interpreted rightly allthough I would still prefer a full shuffle. But if gal page is off line before shuffle I think it might be ok to do a gal shuffle only.

hAl
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 03:44   #24
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
hope so

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 06:02   #25
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Am I the only one who saw this ??? Weren't there actual players present at the CH anymore ??? This was actually the only bit of info that was contained in those CH logs.

hAl
hehe, I can never make CH because of work. The only time I have time to read CH is mondays around midnight if I am not too tired or tuesday. Remmber timezones, I am -7CET.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 09:09   #26
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
there will be more than one cluster?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 09:46   #27
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
there will be more than one cluster?
I'm buying 1 private cluster for fury...

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 12:32   #28
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The newbies used to think we were planning to do that every round, don't encourage them !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 14:27   #29
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
hmmm
human nature means we are suppossed to learn from our mistakes

/me starts saving to buy the creators some human nature

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 14:59   #30
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
This is going to be bad....
I hope they change their minds about this...
Thx!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 19:41   #31
King_Flavius

Looks like we have some n00bs among the Creators
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 23:10   #32
Syrinx

Angry

I hate reshuffle!!!whats to like about it you learn one set of co-ords and then two days later you have to learn new ones!!!! any way.....
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 23:46   #33
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
if u know theres a reshuffle comin, why "learn" ure coords?

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 00:06   #34
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Im guessing boredom.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 02:25   #35
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
If there isn't a shuffle, then can there please be private clusters built in the game so that all alliances can take part of it instead of just the select few with stricter enforcement of whatnot?