User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 01:52   #1
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Forrest Gump: An Illusion Shattered

I remember watching this when i was younger and loving it, a movie for the whole family but could entertain every one.

I bought it on DVD yesterday and a piece of my childhood died.

There are lots of things i loved still but one thing pissed me off: Jenny.

She was a dirty crack whore **** on Forrest his whole life, got pregnant then ****ed off. She then found out she had AIDS and dumps the kid on Forrest, the kid who she didnt even bother telling him about. I'm surprised she didnt nick all of his BubbaGump money. The scanky ho probably gave him AIDS too (everyone knows Forrest Gump is a prequal to Phillidelphia)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 07:17   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
yes but he mooned the president, how cool is that ?

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 07:31   #3
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
she was the most interessting person in that film in my eyes.

also forest ****ed up a few lifes like the one guy he saved in the jungle ...

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 07:37   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
also forest ****ed up a few lifes like the one guy he saved in the jungle ...
he didn't screw up that guy's life at all... I am assuming the one who lost his legs yeap?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 08:16   #5
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
he didn't screw up that guy's life at all... I am assuming the one who lost his legs yeap?
well the one with the deathwish. in fact its a while ago that i have seen that movie so my memory isnt 100%

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 08:17   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Forrest Gump is a faggot.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 08:23   #7
Dark Matter

death is dark freedom
upon lifes dreary days, NOW,
turn off faggot gump!!!
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:00   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I watched it again recently. I liked it, though not as much as I did when I first saw it as a young whipper snapper in the cinema.

And yes, the bird is a skanky good for nothing ho'. You don't need her, kick her to the kerb brother! *whooping commences*
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:47   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
best film ever.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:58   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
well the one with the deathwish. in fact its a while ago that i have seen that movie so my memory isnt 100%
he does good for him in the end though, by letting him be partner in the bubba gump thing, and that scene where he swins in the sea with some comment like " I think he found god"

anywaym, that film sucked, I dunno why people liked it

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 16:44   #11
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I loved this movie. And you're right Jenny was a ho with AIDS, but I don't think that fact made the movie worse. It was good to see a complicated female character in that movie. If Jenny hadn't have been what she was then I don't think she would have ever married Forrest. Also I think you should consider everything before judging her. Her promiscuity is preceded by a history of sexual abuse with her father. This is a typical response to sexual abuse. After then repeatedly objectifying herself she turns more and more to drugs as an escape of the life she leads. She's the submissive party in her romantic relationships, and her whole life is based on the concept of escape. Faced with her own mortality and the responsibility of a child she settles down and gets her **** together. I thought her character was frustrating, believable, and necessary.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:23   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
anywaym, that film sucked, I dunno why people liked it
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:31   #13
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
I stopped watching when his leg casts broke and then he jumped a huge fence. Too unbelievable.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:36   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre
I stopped watching when his leg casts broke and then he jumped a huge fence. Too unbelievable.
you can't have seen many films if you stop watching cos of believability
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:38   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
you can't have seen many films if you stop watching cos of believability
I think he means 'TOO ****ING TWEE'
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:40   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I think he means 'TOO ****ING TWEE'
well maybe he should have said that

ps. it's still a good film
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:48   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
ps. it's still a good film
It's like A Beautiful Mind or Titanic. It hoovers up the Oscars before people realise that it's ****.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:50   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
best film ever

sorry, i had to repeat
clearly i wasnt heard first time!

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:50   #19
Ragnarak

Quote:
It's like A Beautiful Mind or Titanic.
no
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:51   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
no
Go watch a good film like Donnie Darko or LA Confidential
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:55   #21
Ragnarak

Quote:
Donnie Darko or LA Confidential
two of my favourite films

i'm not saying Forest Gump is great, but it certainly isn't as bad as you're making out
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:55   #22
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Well, I don't watch movies that are trying to be serious when they are too unbelievable. I mean, I watched the Matrix because they gave me a reason why he could jump from building to building.

Some movies are made simply to get awards. The most apparent one I can think of is A.I. That was the most boring movie in the history of movies.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:57   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i'm not saying Forest Gump is great, but it certainly isn't as bad as you're making out
There's enough great films out there to just lump everything else into 'Don't need to watch'.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre
Some movies are made simply to get awards. The most apparent one I can think of is A.I. That was the most boring movie in the history of movies.
The Kubrick bits were 'OK', but the last hour was terrible beyond belief.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:57   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

gangs of new york was destined for oscars before anyone saw it

with that budget, that director, those big names, THAT city at THIS time

it wasnt really ever gonna matter what the plot was or how the acting was

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:59   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
it wasnt really ever gonna matter what the plot was or how the acting was
And it didn't!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 01:03   #26
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Still haven't seen it, and now I have to wait till it comes out on DVD. Luckily it was a hit, so it should be out soon.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 01:18   #27
Xillah

My new theory is that Forrest gets his act together and changes his name, and it is infact a prequal tio phillidelphia.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 01:19   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
My new theory is that Forrest gets his act together and changes his name, and it is infact a prequal tio phillidelphia.
Yes, you said this in your first post.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 03:08   #29
Xillah

Quote:
Yes, you said this in your first post.
*needs to remember to re-read his orriginal posts*