Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Nov 2002, 18:39   #1051
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
No Dachi

/ooc

1) There's two Herons, and they are not the most easily destroyed.

2) The Herons and Chicken Hawk are at opposite ends of the alley, so it's going to be a bit hard for you to jump back and forth between the two groups.

3) It's CHICKEN HAWK, not Chickenwalker!!

ooc/

Sparring a quick glance at the armor indicator, you can see that your WAVE's left shoulder and head/upper torso has turned an orangish yellow, a result from crashing through a building and the brutal amount of fire your WAVE has already absorped. You'd take a more detailed look at the armor damage later, and turn back to your controls. Flexing the WAVE's legs, you hop off of the building, snapping off a rifle shot at one of the Herons as you do so. The shot goes wide, slightly, so that the bullet slams into the Heron's right shin. The Heron retaliates with a rifle shot that smashing into the ruined building behind you, missing completely. You are already in motion, charging toward the second Heron. You attempt the same trick as Nick pulled, ramming into the Heron to knock it over, but the pilot is ready. Swinging one of the WAVE's stork-like legs behind it, the pilot braces his WAVE against your charge and remains on its feet. Now in close combat range, the Heron pulls back and slams its fist into your Shogun's right shoulder.

/ooc I'll leave it up to you as to whether you want to fight back, or continue with your original plan. ooc/
No Dachi makes to punch the WAVE with his left fist before halting early and taking a step forward, bringing the Claymore accross in a horizontal slash aimed at the Heron's chest. Having done this, No Dachi slams his WVE's left fist into the Heron's chest, trying to knock it backwards, before raising his rifle and firing point blank into the chest wound.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 22:53   #1052
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David reloads his guns and looks around himself cautiously, trying to get into better cover so he can see around him and plan what to do with Vincent without being shot at.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 09:14   #1053
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On Watching Mike begin to target the enemy gunship, i watch on the radar screen for any more hostiles coming in.

"Mike need a hand????",

As i begin to move my gunship into attack position, noting that Mike has begun the dogfight with the enemy.

Climbing hard and fast i rise up above where Mike is dogfighting to dive down and ambush the enemy gunship on Mikes command.

I begin to also scan for the other targets that mayb be around from that dogfight earlier.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 17:07   #1054
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

You manage to perform the maneuver successfully, but at the end your WAVE stumbles and you fall face down onto the concrete (not going to let you pull that insane of a move off without some kind of penalty. ) Your sensors cannot tell you what became of the enemy, at least until you push yourself up and regain your footing. Turning, you see that the enemy WAVE is standing operational, but there are small gouts of flame and sparks emerging from the vet's booster pack. Therefore, his WAVE is crippled in the booster department. Although your boosters are drained, they still have enough power to give you a slight advantage. "You'll pay for that." the vet said, and then he began to move toward you again. Suddenly however, a new sensor contact spikes on your sensor grid. Coming through the fog like a vengeful wraith, a Viper appears . . . and it's painted blue with yellow lines, like a circuit board. "Ah ****!! This wasn't part of the simulation!!" the veteran pilot cries, snapping off a rifle shot at the approaching figure. The enemy WAVE somehow dodges the shot, and returns fire, its own rifle slamming into the veteran's right arm.
ooc: Heh, does this mean I can expect a lot more penalties in the future?

*Hewitt turns towards the new contact and the hundreds of stories told by his fellow soldiers from earth flood his mind, setting off numerous alarm bells and danger signals.*

Holy sh.t! Those are the f*cking colours of the elite Majestic unit! What the hell are these sim programmers playing at!?

*Hewitt then considers this new test.*

Hey, old timer? Can I suggest a small truce while this new guy remains functioning?

*Hewitt doesn't wait for a response. He slams the throttle into full power and ducks down a nearby street hoping to some how flank this new threat while it was busy with his former opponent.

At the same time another thought comes back to him.*

Hey Claire!? Where the hell are you? We could use your help right about now...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 16:20   #1055
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
*PK pulls out his claymore, and activates his boosters, bringing the massive metal machine up to full speed. As he closes with the vet, he brings the sword down in a scything slash.*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 04:33   #1056
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Battle Report

LL/RL/T/LA/RA/H

ND

Armor: 55/61/58/44/44/24

Nick

Armor: 58/58/65/55/60/30

Hudre

Armor: 37/51/45/35/41/23

Crazyboy

Armor: 100

David91

Armor: 55/51/50/41/45/20

Hewitt

Armor: 55/55/52/45/28/20

Terra

Armor: 136

PK

Armor: 55/55/65/45/30/20

Immortal Squish

Armor: 5/5/22/10/10/5

Chicken Hawk 1
Armor: 35/35/14/40/10/20

Shogun 1
Armor: 65/65/63/60/60/30

Heron 1
Armor: 51/34/16/41/45/13
Shield: 25
Heron 2
Armor: 55/51/57/45/45/25

Banshee 1 – David91
Armor: 60/40/32/30/38/30

Banshee 2 - Hewitt
Armor: 58/56/31/45/30/24

Shrike 1 - Crazy
Armor: 58

Shrike 2
Armor: 150

Shrike 3 - Terra
Armor: 116

Shrike 4
Armor: 94

Nighthawk 1
Armor: 123

Nighthawk 2
Armor: DEAD

Omega Letter 1: Viper
Armor: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:45   #1057
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
So, who won?

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 08:03   #1058
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre
So, who won?
I am not sure i think this is what we may have killed??? Or the armour that we have remaining on our current units in our squadrons etc????

OOC can you clear this up please?????
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 05:11   #1059
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc The Battle Report is mostly just a check-up on how you (and your enemies) are doing. Obviously armor = health, so most of you are still in good shape, while several enemies are seriously damaged. Gunships, main armor = 0 is death. WAVEs, Torso or Head = 0 is death. ooc/

Crazyboy

The sensor anomaly reappears and disappears several more times, although they all seem to be coming from the same direction: the skyscrapper that was hit by the veteran pilot's missile.

Suddenly, your sensors pick up two new enemy contacts. Your blood freezes as you notice their designations: Omega 1 and Omega 2. The monitor displays a small model of one of the gunships, and it has the odd circuit board paintjob. There can be no doubt: the gunships are Omega Letters. ETA 4 minutes.

Hudre

Your turn your machine around and open fire on the Chicken Hawk once more. Your bullets seem to penetrate the WAVE's torso, and you can see sparks and machine oil bubble out of the holes your weapon has made. The WAVE's right gun pod also freezes in place, heavily damaged. This does not stop the veteran from continuing to attack, peppering your WAVE with machine gun fire from its remainning gun pod. The Heron you were fighting earlier also throws caution to the wind and charges you, ignoring Nick while it cooks your WAVE with its flamethrower. Nick makes the veteran pay however by spraying its back with machine gun fire.

Risking a glance at your sensor screen, you see that you, Nick, No Dachi are close together engaging the Hawk and two Herons. David is milling about a couple alleys down, after having lured the Banshee away from you. Another blue dot has appeared on your sensors (PK) as well . . . however, you notice four intermitent, red dots at the edge of sensors range . . . and heading this way.

No Dachi

You approach the second Heron and slash at it with your Claymore. The veteran WAVE steps back, minimizing the damage of your sword as its tip slashes a thin gash in the Heron's pockmarked torso armor. However, you achieved what you wanted, and by taking a single step back you bring your opponent back into the minimum range of your rifle. The WAVE raises its own machinue gun, but too late as your rifle slug punches into the Heron's chest at point blank range, sending it stumbling back.

David91

"Sigh . . . **** backbiters." Vincent grumbles, scanning for the escaped Banshee. However, both of you have other worries as your sensors pick up four more enemy contacts approaching. Your heart almost stops () when you see the new units' designations: Omega. Memories of how effortlessly the young, insolent Omega Letter pilot effortlessly gutted your old WAVE come flooding back . . .

Terra

"Nah, I think I've got him . . . ****." Mike replies, cursing as the enemy veteran once again manages to slip around him and onto his tail. You quickly move in to assist, and discourage the enemy gunships from enjoying its advantage over Mike for very long. Checking your sensors, you notice that the two veterans you were dueling with earlier are almost in missile range. Your sensors also pick up something else, however: 4 enemy contacts, approaching fast. You feel a surge of adrenaline rush through you as the computer reports the bad news: the gunships' designation was Omega, and they all sported the circuit board design of the Omega Letters.

Hewitt

/ooc Heh . . . yup. ooc/

"I don't think I'm in a position to argue . . . d*mnit." the veteran curses as he fires, and misses the juking Omega WAVE a second time. As you duck into the alleyway your sensors report the Omega has fired again, this time burying a rifle slug into the veteran's right kneecap. "I could use some help here!"

There is no response from Claire . . .

/ooc Actually, she is spending some "time alone" with one of the veteran infantrymen, but Fluffies was supposed to handle that. ooc/

PK

You activate your boosters and charge forward, Claymore held high. The Shogun detects your approach, and turns to fire its rifle at you. You swerve your WAVE to one side, and the vet's shot goes wide, and you are in melee range before he could reload. Your first slash cuts into the Shogun's rifle arm, and it draws its other arm back for a massive swing with its own weapon, a baton . . .

/ooc You can block melee attacks on occasion with your own melee weapon. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 16:29   #1060
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
"What the hell......... Omega's....... they can't be part of the training sim. AH ffs."

*Crazy opens a comm channel to the Omega gunships*

"Oi! You! Bastad Omega things. GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR SIM INCLY! BEFORE I BLOW YOU TO ****ING ICKLE BITS!"

*Crazy continues mumbling curses at the omega ships under his breath while diving very low, and cruising between buildings, circling around behin the Omega gunships*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 17:11   #1061
No Dachi

No Dachi acts immediately, throwing the thrusters forward, he executes a crude shoulder-barge manouevre into the Heron's torso, the WAVE still staggering backwards from the impact of the rifle bullet. As he closes on the WAVE, No Dachi swings his Shogun Mk II's right arm around in a powerful clothesline move, with the aim of knocking it over completely or at least keeping it off balance for a while longer. Regardless, No Dachi switches the grip on his Claymore so that the point is downwards and steps forward again, lifting the Calymore higher, before clamly stabbing downwards with incredible force and iming for the Heron's upper torso. Shoulde the Heron manage to dodge, No Dachi swings his left arm around and smashes the rifle into its head.

Unread 18 Dec 2002, 21:59   #1062
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre stares at the dots coming from the edges for a few seconds, then opens a com-link with Dachi and Nick.

"We've got 4 more bogeys coming towards us, we need to finish these guy off quick, and I've got a plan. Keep the two Herons off balance, or better, keep them off their feet. This Chicken Hawk is really damaged. If I hits it's reactor with this axe, if the two Herons are down, they'll be blown up in the explosion, and we can ambush the newcomers."

Hudre, instead of taking his plan up right away, looks to see that Dachi is already going for the kill on his, so that leaves this damn flame-throwing Heron.

Instead of backing up from the charging WAVE, Hudre makes his wave crouch, then uses his boosters to go forward fast and hard into it's legs, hopefully crashing it to the ground. He then gets his WAVE out of the crash and turn the torso to the Chicken Hawk, and opens fire on it's torso.

"The reactors could get hit soon guys, get your boosters ready to jet out of this alley!"

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 09:10   #1063
Terra Australis

Mike and i make ready to launch an attack, on the remaining Gunships.

"Mike we got them missile firers at close range we must take this lot out fast and then work to get the missile firers before the new lot of enemy gets on our tail"

Mike and i work hard to get into firing positions of the enemy gunships, whilst keeping an eye on the rapidly closing enemy.

Mike and i come from opposite directions and straffe the enemy gunship, and then peel off and dive for the ground hoping to avoid the missile firing gunships by getting in amongst the fog and also the buildings!

"We need to come up with a plan Mike and Fast, before we are fighting odds of 6 to 1!"
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 17:36   #1064
David91

ooc: As I recall, we don't have any sensors.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 19:31   #1065
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Crazy

You duck into the thick fog, but your sensor display reports that the Omegas have also dipped below the fog line - and are closing rapidly on your position. To make matters worse, you hear the warning screech of a misile lock - and looking behind you, you see the fiery contrail of a missile, and the veteran gunship pilot.

ND

You hit your boosters and charge forward into the Heron. Extending your left arm, you slam it into the stumbling WAVE, performing a clothsline-like attack. The Heron falls to the ground, and you thrust downward with your Claymore. The Heron begins to roll to one-side, so that all you manage to do is stab it in the right arm. Looking down at your console, you see that a line of text is flashing in the middle of the screen, in large bright red letters: Rifle is jammed. The Omegas announce the fact that they're in range with the crack of a rifle, which slams into your left shin.

Hudre

You lower your shoulder and charge into the Heron, managing to knock it off of its feet (for once). You then turn and open fire on the Chicken Hawk again, and a large internal explosion confirms that you have finished the veteran WAVE. A large gout of flame blasts out of the WAVE's torso, and then it collapses like a puppet with cut strings (no fusion meltdown). "Uh . . . truce?" the veteran Heron asks you, getting back onto its feet, only to be knocked back down by a rifle shot from the oncoming Omegas.

Terra

You and Mike swoop down on the veteran gunship from both sides, hammering it with gatling gun and cannon fire. The veteran manages to keep control, however, and seeks to escape by diving into the fog, losing you. "Well, would you look at that . . ." Mike says, and you turn to see that the 2 incoming veteran pilots are now "mixing it up" with the Omegas . . . and losing badly.

David91

/ooc You do, regardless of what equipment you have . . . its just that the basic level is crappy. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:26   #1066
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre comms to the veteran "Agreed!" He then quickly comms all veteran and recruit units. "Do not fire on recruit or veteran vessels! We have to team up and hit these Omegas!"

Hudre begins regretting killing the Chicken Hawk, checks his radar for the Omegas, and fires on their position. He then check his damage display.

Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:05   #1067
No Dachi

No Dachi hears the com message whilst he instinctively jerks his head down to survey the damage to his shin, before realising a split second later that he can see it by glancing at the armour monitor. Not good. He holsters the useless rifle before clamping his WAVE's hand hard around the good arm of the Heron and boosting toward the nearest piece of cover, having guessed the direction that the bullet came from by where it struck his WAVE's shin. Draggin the damaged Heron along with him, he reaches the cover in the form of a building corner and pulls the veteran's WAVE behind it, before letting go and allowing him to get up.

Unread 24 Dec 2002, 13:03   #1068
David91

ooc: Am I with anybody?

*David starts moving as fast as possible in the most sensible direction there is: away.*
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 00:56   #1069
Terra Australis

On seeing the Veteran dive down into the fog it is decided to go down after them, and see what is going on.

"Mike we need to get down into the fog and then work out what is going on and then try and work out if we can team up with the Vets and wipe the Omega's out."

"Try and get onto there frequency Mike"
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 04:36   #1070
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Nick's eyes widen in shock as his sensors report the sudden appearance of four new enemy WAVEs, designated, "Omega". Locking his sensors onto the group, Nick feels his blood turn to ice as he sees that the WAVEs are painted blue with a circuit-board pattern. His blood turns to fire as he sees that leading the quartet is a Lich. For a moment, Nick flashes back to that moment: A flash from the muzzle of the rifle barrel, and a hole appears in the front of the Shogun where the ****pit was. The loading mechanism of the rifle slides back, ejecting the empty rifle cartridge. The cartridge lazily spins through the air, and then lands of the pavement, bounces once, and then lies still.
Nick’s vision turns red, and he pushes his Shogun Mk II up to its maximum speed, charging toward the enemy Lich. Shouting a curse, Nick opens fire on the Lich at almost point-blank range. The massive war machine actually staggers backward under the assault, and then goes down as Nick activates his boosters and dashes forward into it, ramming his fist in the center of the WAVE’s chest. However, the three remaining Omega WAVEs open fire at the same instant, throwing Nick about the sim pod as it attempts to simulate the amount of damage he was taking from all sides. When his vision cleared a moment later, Nick saw that he was on his back . . . and standing over him was the Lich. Glancing down at his computer monitors, Nick saw almost nothing but red, and could only watch helplessly as the Lich raised its foot, and stomped down on his ****pit. The simulator display went black, and Nick could only hang his head and sob, attempting to regain control over his raging emotions.

Hudre

"Good." The veteran replies, getting back to his feet once again. He sprays one of the oncoming four Omegas with machine gun fire, but this does not deter it from punching yet another rifle shot into its chest. A large explosion tears out from the Heron's chest a moment later, and it falls to the ground a final time. You fire at the Omega Viper responsible for the vet's death, and then fall back to take a look at your armor. Your display is a mass of yellow, so there is no critical damage as yet. However, two Omegas open fire on you a moment later, a rifle shot coring into your torso while a shotgun strips armor off of your entire WAVE.

Armor: 31/41/17/27/27/17

No Dachi

"Thanks." the vet replies, working his WAVE back onto his feet. "Shall we go tear some Omegas up?" The veteran pilot asks, peeking his WAVE's ****pit out from around the corner of the building. An instant later his WAVE is slammed backward as an Omega puts a rifle shot directly into his ****pit, severely damaging the Heron's head but not fatally. Apparently they saw you drag the vet WAVE into this alleyway. The enemy WAVEs do not advance toward your position, due to Nick insanely charging the four Omega WAVEs to unload point-blank his entire armament into the Omega Lich. While you watch via sensors, the computer reports with a beep that your rifle is now unjammed, which is perhaps the only good piece of news you have received recently.

David91

/ooc Vincent. Plus most of the RPers, etc are nearby. ooc/

You snap off a few shots at the charging Omega WAVEs, and then turn to run. The enemy units choose this moment to open fire, tearing into your thinner rear armor as your WAVE breaks into a run. Your WAVE tumbles forward until all of the impacts, and the restraining straps of the ****pit cut into your shoulders as the sim pod slams you forward in your chair. Looking down at your armor indicator, you see that your torso is blood red, easy meat for the oncoming Omegas. "Hurry and get back up! I'll cover you!" Vincent shouts, moving to stand between your WAVE and the Omegas. Your old friend bravely stands his ground as you regain your footing, and falls just as you get back onto your feet due to a lucky shot to the ****pit. The rest of your escape is covered, however, as Nick insanely charges forward at the Omega Lich and hammers it with everything he has at point blank range. You duck into a nearby alleyway, and wonder what you're going to do now, when a sensor contact appears next to you: the veteran Banshee has returned. It lands beside you, but does not make any hostile move as of yet.

Terra

"No need . . . they're broadcasting on a general frequency." Mike reports, and a moment later you hear the veteran cry, "We could use some help her - AAAAAHHH!!" On your sensors one of the veteran blips fighting the four Omega gunships disappears.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 12:39   #1071
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Crazy

You duck into the thick fog, but your sensor display reports that the Omegas have also dipped below the fog line - and are closing rapidly on your position. To make matters worse, you hear the warning screech of a misile lock - and looking behind you, you see the fiery contrail of a missile, and the veteran gunship pilot.
"AAhh!! Shhiiitttteee!!!"

*Crazy puts his gunship into a vertical dive and heads striaght for the street. At the last moment, he pulls up and hits his boosters, leveling out meters above the ground. He hopes to hear an explosion of the missile hitting the ground.
Crazy then scoots along the ground and opens up a comm with the vet*

"Hey Mr Vet. You see those sensor anomilies on your radar. Those are two Omega gunships. If one of us kills the other, then those gunships will total 0wn the one who survived. If we want to kill them, then we have to stop shooting at each other and shoot at them. I call a truce? Ok?!!!!"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 12:45   #1072
No Dachi

No Dachi swears again as the vet's WAVE is hit and pulls the ****pit part back behind the wall and into cover. Hopefully the vet would still be alive - he catches himself mid thought and remembers that it's only a simulation, but puts the ****pit into cover anyway. He then notices Nick charging into the Omegas and immediately flicks the com switch.

"Nick! Get back now! You'll be torn to pieces!"

Feeling as helpless as he was to prevent the massacre at that village so many years ago, No Dachi mutters a string of vehement curses underneath his breath as he lifts the thankfully un-jammed Rifle and fires a snap shot off at one of the Omegas engaging Nick, trying to hit it on the torso and distract its pilot from his less experienced assailent. To finish the effect, No Dachi opens a com channel to its pilot.

"Yo! Chicken****! Why not try fighting someone one-on-one instead of ganging up on 'em?"

After voicing his challenge, No Dachi ducks back behind the corner of the wall and waits for his Rifle to auto-reload. He needs to get that Omega's Rifle fired...bending over forwards, No Dachi drops his Claymore to grab the now useless body of the vet's WAVE and pulls it upright so that it dangles from the Shogun Mk II's bulky arm like a marrionet puppet. He then tentatively pokes it out around the corner as a decoy...

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 12:59   #1073
David91

*David turns and whacks the Banshee powerfully to the ground, steps back cautiously and aggressively unleashes a hail of bullets on the fallen veteran. David runs, finding the closest cover.*
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 10:25   #1074
Terra Australis

On seeing the blip dissapear from the radar screen, "Mike we gotta get and help that last remaining vet"

"Attention Vet pilot we have to bring the gunships down into the street level, where we can stand a chance against there superior numbers by using the terrain to our advantage, IF you want to survive go to these co ordinates, Zulu 1, Mike 5 this is where we are waiting, and have laid on a little surprise for the Omega gunships"

Mike and i are waiting at the deisgnated co ordinates, hiding on each side of the narrow roadway where the gunships will pass up in there pursuit of the veteran pilot.

The Veteran pilot is to when past us break to the right and come around behind and provide assistance.

Mike and i once the vet has passed are to open fire with all our weapons on the passing Omega gunships and then pull in behind them and apply full throttle and hammer the last two gunships from behind.

Hopefully when the vet comes around it will be 3 vs 4 gunships.

The above instructions are to be relayed to the Vet Gunship, and also any other friendly gunship forces.
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 22:27   #1075
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

Pvt Johnson returns your gaze for a few moments, then breaks eye contact as he turns to face the rest of the infantry. "We will take the ambulance and the APC into the city. Ambulance will be in front with a handful of powered infantrymen inside. The ambulance will scout ahead, and signal when the way is clear. Once we get to the makeshift prison, we cut down the guards, commandeer any nearby vehicles, and take off with as many of our comrades as we can. You'll bring up the rear and serve as our last resort and escort on the way out. Our only real worry should be aerial patrols. Your thoughts?" Johnson asks, turning back to face you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn looks at Johnson and sighs

The ambulance stays here, there is no choice on this, if you want to scout we can get a car or truck from near here. there is a small town not far from here.

Jenn points on the map, there is a car sales place there.

that ambulance is our only field hospital and i will not risk it, if any of you think otherwise then you can kiss your ass good bye.

we only have one way of saving lives at the moment and you want to risk it on a mission.

No wonder you have only remained a pvt.

well from here on in I am taking charge unless any one esle wants to.

with that Jenn takes off her jacket and waits outside to see if any one has the guts to.

all who look at jenn at this point can see the angry look on her face and the fire in her eyes

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 03:44   #1076
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre curses as his armour indicator changes colours. He comms all his allied units. "I'm gonna be gone soon if I can't get some cover and out of this alley!" Hudre finds a previously made hole in one of the alley walls and goes into the building, then studies his radar to check where the omegas are, especially if one is on the roof above him.

Unread 30 Dec 2002, 18:09   #1077
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

LH

"The ambulance will be empty of supplies." Johnson mutters, not meeting your eyes as you remove your police jacket and go outside. No one follows you, although you wait for five minutes. Finally, you go back inside to find all of the soldiers waiting for you. "You're the boss." Johnson said with a sigh. "Let's hope you know what you're doing."

All

The sim pod's screen suddenly darkens and goes black, signaling the simulation's end. The pods slid back out, and everyone exits the pod to find their respective officers waiting for them (Sergeant Steiner and Major Matthews).

"We decided to end the simulation early, as it told us what we wanted to know. Despite setting out as enemies, you banded together when confronted with a more dangerous threat: the Omegas we implanted. Well done, all of you. Although, a few of you did not entirely understand what you are doing. Cadet Selby, perhaps you did not hear Cadet Hudre's communication, but all of you were supposed to ally with the veterans, not attack them. Lieutenant Caspian, you also failed to disengage from Cadet Crazy's gunship as well. Nonetheless, you both did well enough in the other part of the simulation to avoid an official reprimand. Finally, Cadet Andrews: what were you thinking when you charged those Omegas? Such a foolhardy act led to your death, as you have seen, but it could also result in the death of your fellow soldiers as well. Make sure to keep a cooler head next time. We will be running joint simulations for the next week as we continue on to Mars. Then, the final test before each of your cadets is considered a full-time soldier. That is all, men. Dismissed."

Nick bowed his head at the major's words, but listened with interruption or explanation. Everyone has lost someone on Earth. But even if they did understand, they could not heal the hole in my heart. I am alone, and if what I did in the simulation is my best then I'll probably die alone as well, trying to get my revenge. After dismissal, Nick pushes his way through the crowd as veterans and cadets alike join together to discuss their view of the simulation. He exits the simulator room, and debates where to go for a minute, before heading back to his bunk.

3/25
1600 hours
Conference Room
CBC Illustrious

"So, how did all of the pilots do in the simulation today? Is this Mixed Division going to work at all?" Commodore Lee asked.

"Well, sir. Most of the pilots reacted favorably, and joined together against the outside threat we introduced, just as we hoped. We used the Omegas because they are technically the most feared of the Majestic units at the moment, and we did monitor biosigns during the mock battle. The veterans' readings changed slightly, and although the cadets' readings were a bit higher, on average, that can just be chalked up to adrenaline, possibly from the previous fighting. One cadet worries me, however: Cadet Andrews." Major Matthews replied.

"That cadet is a menace and a threat if he gets into the ****pit of a WAVE." Captain Müeller muttered sullenly.

"Why do you say that, Captain?" Lee asked, trying to match a face to the name.

"He has shown a bad attitude from the recruiting day up to now. During the simulator battle, he seemed to lose it and charged the Omega Simulacrums, who promptly blew him apart. Who's to say he won't do something like that during a real battle?"

Lee suddenly remembers a new recruit giving out a piece of his mind on the recruiting day, and that his name was Andrews. “Captain?”

“His readings were much higher than anyone else’s upon seeing the Omegas. I understand that he lost his fiancé on Earth thanks to an Omega. That could certainly account for his behavior.”

“Account? All of us have lost someone already in this war! I strongly recommend we can this cadet and shelve him before he harms himself or anyone else for real.”

“Hmm . . . this Andrews strikes me as someone young and headstrong. Although we need every pilot we can get, I understand your position Captain. Your thoughts Major?”

“I’m afraid I’ll have to agree with the Captain on this, sir. Andrews should be allowed to earn the rank of private if he passes the final simulation test, but be grounded immediately after. Perhaps once he sees a councilor or some other professional for his problems, he can be allowed back on the flight list. Since we don’t have any trained professionals on board, this will have to wait until we get to Mars at the very least.”

“Very well. Nick Andrews will be removed from the flight list, except in cases of emergency. There will be times we will need every soldier we can get, no matter how damaged.”

3/27

I just got the good news. After the final exam two days from now, I’m to be removed from the flight list. Something along the lines of “Unwilliness to obey orders.”, but that’s pure BS. I think the real reason is my . . . reaction when I saw the Omega units during the cadet/vet sim battle. The reaction I’m likely to have everytime I see one of those *******s that killed my love. Oh well, I guess the war is over for me after all. Perhaps when we get to Mars I’ll desert and head back to Earth to join one of the rebel bands no doubt forming there.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 18:19   #1078
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre was beginning to understand this war. In that simulation, at the end of it, he was hit hard, and a hit to the torso may have killed him.

Hudre turns to John. "Those Omegas were abit to good John, how are we supposed to beat those bastards? All i know is that if I see one, I'm shooting his ****pit until theres nothing left."

Unread 30 Dec 2002, 18:24   #1079
David91

ooc and ic: I didn't get any damn message to join up with the veterans.
ooc: To be honest, I don't pay attention to the names of the vehicles, because they don't really say anything.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 19:55   #1080
No Dachi

No Dachi grumbles under his breath about the Controllers 'ending the bloody simulation too bloody soon' as he pulls himself rather stiffly out of the Simulation Pod. He hadn't got a chance to fight those Omegas - and he was interested to see what the best that Majestic had to offer was. He stretches as he listens to the debriefing, trying to get rid of some muscle cramps, before dropping into chatter with a group of veterans and recruits when the Seargent finishes speaking. No Dachi catches sight of Nick out of the corner of his eye and shoots the young man a sideways glance. He looked pretty down. No Dachi switches his gaze back to the small cluster of WAVE pilots in their loose conversation circle. That one had some serious problems hidden away in there. War is hell...

---

Two days later and No Dachi is lying on his still-rather uncomfortable bunk in the Division Barracks, reading a book. The Allied Campaign in Normandy - pretty old stuff by now. War was very different in those days, and it was always something that No Dachi had been interested in. Still no news on his sister, that was beginning to worry him a bit; but then she'd never been the careful kind. Reckless and headstrong, and quite a lot younger than her brother. They'd lost touch in the recent years and No Dachi was ashamed to realise that he didn't actually know how old she was. Realising that his mind is wandering, No Dachi snaps the tattered hardback book shut and swings himself off the bunk, landing on the floor and exhaling briefly as pain seared through his right knee. Damned arthritis...

Looking around he Barracks, No Dachi sees the motley bunch of assorted cadets - no, Commonwealth Soldiers, at various places around the large room. He'd become aquainted with some of them in his short time training. As he'd predicted, he had been a little rusty on the controls but with a little nudging by the Instructors it had come flooding back to him. WAVEs sure had improved one hell of a lot from his days in the old Samurai. And there were more women in the military, a blessing for the younger recruits that he had certainly not had back in his day. Damn, he was beginning to sound like his grandfather. He spots Nick being his usual reclusive and miserable self and gives a weary sigh. He suspected that they'd taken him off the combat roster. The poor guy was a danger to himself in his present state and No Dachi would have done the same thing in the Division CO's position; but it was still going to be hard on the man.

Unread 31 Dec 2002, 02:45   #1081
Terra Australis

Mike and i approach the commanding officer after the debriefing is over, eager to find out how we performed during the whole operation.
Assuming that no news is good news, and that we performed adequately.

Mike and i are eager to review the mission though and see where any improvements can be made in our operations.

"Sir we know that your time is precious but we would like to know how we went in the mission overall, and if there is anything that we could work on."

"Perhaps we could organise more joint exercises with the veterans as Mike and i feel we could learn alot from them, and it would be good for the morale and also operational success of what we are going to do when we get near Earth"

"Your thoughts and input would be appreciated sir if you have the time, i know that you have alot on your plate."

Mike and i on talking to the CO move over to talk to some of the other Gunship pilots including the Veteran opponents in the simulation.

"You blokes were tough real tough.... good show"

"Perhaps we could organise some joint simulation time together and work on a few ideas and tactics, and also mission co ordination what do you say?"
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 03:23   #1082
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Mwahahahahah . . . .time for some pain . . . lots and lots of pain. Oh, and some suffering too. ooc/

3/29

I just got out of the simulator room now that the final exam's over. Compared to some of the stuff Sergeant Steiner put us through, it was easy. A quick one-on-one duel with an AI opponent (I kicked its ***), and then a squad vs. squad battle. I think I shocked those idiots at the control panel when I obeyed orders for once and was "a team player". The unit seems to have really come together over the past couple days. The cadets have been training with the veterans a lot, and the Major has been throwing more simulations at us that require joint operations. This Mixed-Division idea might work, despite all of the negative talk. We'll know for sure after the unit's first battle. A battle I still won't probably be fighting in. I've continued making preparations for my desertion. More of that later, though. I’m beat.

3/30

There is no doubt about it now. I’m deserting as soon as we get to Mars. I don’t know why Captain Müeller hates me, but he does. The guy is a complete ***hole. He’s also my commanding officer, and I suspect he’s the one who got me taken off the flight list. I wonder if he’s trying to provoke a fight with me so he can have me shot for striking a superior officer. I imagine desertion would be sufficient if I get caught. In any case, my plan is to steal a shuttle once the
Illustrious achieves orbit around Mars. I’ll pilot the shuttle down to the planet’s surface, and then make my way to the nearest trading post on the planet. From there I should be able to book a passage to Earth, if the freighters are still running. If not, I’m sure I can find a smuggler who’ll take me for enough money. I’ll deal with how to get that money when I need it. Once on Earth I’ll find a rebel group if I look hard enough. If the Majestic troops don’t find me and have me shot for wanting to become a rebel. It seems like if I want to fight in this war, I’m going to have to roll the dice, with my life being the wager. Small prize if you ask me: my life simply doesn’t matter . . . nothing matters anymore. We should be reaching Mars tomorrow, and achieve orbit on April 1. April Fools to those poor saps who think I’m going to be sitting this war out.

3/31
1400 hours
Bridge of the Ajax

“Mars Orbital, come in. Mars Orbital, come in. This is the CBC Ajax. We’re heading in with the 11th Battle Group and refugees from Earth.” The Communications Officer broadcasted, and then waited five minutes before trying again. After the fourth try, the man shrugged. “Sorry sir. Either we’re still too far out, or . . .”
“Mars Orbital has been destroyed.” Prescott finished.
The communications board suddenly crackled, and a static-laced voice said, “This is Mars Orbital. Welcome back 11th. We’ve taken heavy damage fending off Majestic raiders and could use your assistance.”
A ragged cheer erupted from the bridge officers, and even Prescott offered a slight smile. “Good to hear that you’re still with us, Mars Orbital. We should be entering Mars orbit by tomorrow.”
The communications officer aboard Mars Orbital choked back a laugh, and then replied, “April 1st . . . April Fools Day. Alright, Ajax, we’ll be expecting you.”

4/1
1030 hours
Bridge of the Illustrious

“Looks like we’ve finally reached Mars, sir.”
Commodore Michael Lee looked at the large red orb filling more than three-fourths of the viewscreen and nodded. “Aye. Perhaps we’ll finally be able to do some good after all.”
“There’s Mars Orbital” said the sensors operator, pointing at a silvery object emerging from one side of the orb. The viewscreen zoomed in on the Orbital Station a moment later, and the battle damage stood out in sharp relief against the armor plating. “That must have been **** to live through.” Someone muttered, sucking in a breath at the sight of the badly mauled station. “And there’s the Apollo: sister ship to the Ajax.” The communications officer added, as the viewscreen zoomed in on the Commonwealth Apollo-class battlecruiser floating alongside Mars Orbital. “Looks like they went through **** too.” Someone else observed at the scars running along the once gleaming hull of the proud warship. “We’ll be entering Mars orbit within the hour, sir.” The sensor operator reported, and Lee acknowledged this with a nod. “Picking up several more ships coming from around the side of the planet . . . all have various amounts of damage on them. Looks like there was quite a battle here.”
“Yes, but there’s not that much battle debris. I would think a battle massive enough to damage Mars Orbital and all those ships would leave some sign of itself . . . I’m not picking up anywhere near the amount of debris for that.” The sensors operator reported with a frown.
“Perhaps all of it burned up the atmosphere? I’d imagine a crippled cap ship would have its orbit decay rather quickly.”
“Enough speculation. We’ll ask the commander of Mars Orbital once we’re settled in orbit.” Lee snapped, desiring to end this idle chatter before it became to an argument.

1100 hours
Bridge of the Illustrious

“We’ve entered Mars orbit, sir. Approaching to dock with Mars Orbital now.”
“Good. I suppose it’s time to break out the champagne.” Lee said with a slight smile, relieved to feel safe for once in the past month.
“The Apollo has broken off from escorting Mars Orbital to enter an orbital trajectory that will bring it alongside us.” The sensors operator reported, and Lee nodded. “Want to give us and the Ajax an honor guard, I would think.”
“Picking up a general frequency communication from Mars Orbital, sir. Patching it through now.” The communications officer reported.

“11th? This is Mars Orbital. I just wanted to say: April Fools!!!!!”

“Sir!! I’m picking up twenty capital ships, all classes, rounding the planet. All of them are carrying Majestic IDs, except for two . . . they have Commonwealth signatures.”

“They must have been captured . . .” Lee muttered, an icy knot hardening in his stomach.

“The Apollo is powering up weapons!! It’s firing!!”

A light shudder runs through the ship as the Apollo-class battlecruiser fires its laser cannons, raking the bow of the Illustrious.

“They’re launching WAVEs and gunships, sir. Mars Orbital is also powering up its weapons.”

“Then power up our weapons as well!! Inform the crew that we are shifting to Red Alert, and all crew members are to report to Battle Stations. Inform the Major that we’ll be needing his division to suit up and launch to provide escort.”

“Communication from the Ajax, sir.”

“Michael? I think we’ve just been snookered.” John Prescott’s voice boomed from the speakers.

“Don’t I know it John. I suggest we get the **** out of here while they’re finishing rolling out the welcome mat.”

“Indeed. Looks like your Mixed Division is about to be put to the test. God speed, Commodore.”

“God speed, Admiral.”

As the communications officer cut the channel, Lee narrowed his eyes at the image of the Apollo on the viewscreen. “Alright people, let’s make sure Majestic doesn’t think this war is going to be all downhill.”

1105 hours
Launch Bay of the Illustrious

“Alright pilots let’s go!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!! We’re to scramble and provide escort for the Illustrious. I want every single pilot in this division to be out in space by the time I run out of breath!! Come on, let’s go!!” Major Matthews shouted, bellowing at everyone as they hurried to their respective gunships or WAVEs. Seeing a private fiddling around with the door to a shuttle, Matthews hollers, “Hey you! Don’t you have a ship to get to!!?”
The private turns, and Matthews can see that it was the grounded WAVE Rider Nick Andrews. “I thought I was grounded sir. I don’t have a ship to get to.”
“You thought wrong, private!! Your WAVE is waiting for you in Bay 51!! Now get the **** over there and into the ****pit: you’ve been added back onto the flight list as of five minutes ago!!”
“Yes sir!!!” the private shouts, and Matthews thought he saw a smile break out of the sullen soldier’s face. As Matthews climbed into the ****pit of his Lancer, he shook his head. He just couldn’t understand why someone should be happy about getting the chance to die.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 03:50   #1083
Terra Australis

Mike and i rush to the gunship, assuming that we are in the same Gunship OOC????

We quickly board the gunship and settle in and power up the gunship whilst putting on our safety harnesses and also getting the rest of the gunship prepped.

The Engines roar to life and Mike is doing his weapons checks, and sensor checks.

I test the flight surfaces and all the controls and activate the comms gear.

"Time to go kick some Majestic Ass Mike"

We both salute the flight decks crew and blast out into the void that is space.....

"Bridge this is Hammer1, is our objective to provide close in support or go forth and engage the Majestic ships or are we to provide close in cover for the ship, and lure the enemy into the trap of fighting off gunships whilst our close in defences also take out the Majestic scum"

"Awaiting further orders sir, we have formed up on the left of the Bridge"
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 11:08   #1084
David91

ooc: How the hell does a WAVE or gunship work in outer-space?
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 03:11   #1085
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by David91
ooc: How the hell does a WAVE or gunship work in outer-space?
Because they both have airtight hulls, and also the Waves have jumpthrusters remember, after someone did that fly on top of the building manouver.

So the Jumpthrusters would be used as propulsion.

Gunships well they are aircraft capable of operations in space remember the invasion when the Majestic gunships came from space after being deployed from the cruisers, and the following battle that occured in space between Earth and Majestic forces, need i say anymore???????
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 12:43   #1086
David91

Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
Because they both have airtight hulls, and also the Waves have jumpthrusters remember, after someone did that fly on top of the building manouver. No, I don't remember that at all.

So the Jumpthrusters would be used as propulsion.
No, because the jump thrusters are only below the WAVE to push it upwards (or in the direction its top is pointing). It wouldn't be able to stop itself from spinning into space.

Gunships well they are aircraft capable of operations in space remember the invasion when the Majestic gunships came from space after being deployed from the cruisers,
Yes, they were flying through the air after being deployed by the cruisers.

and the following battle that occured in space between Earth and Majestic forces,
That was a spaceship against spaceship battle

need i say anymore???????
Yes.
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 18:16   #1087
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre and John run down the hall, both going to there WAVE's. "Oh great, another space battle! This one is real John, watch yourself out there."

Hudre climbs up his WAVE and straps himself in, waiting for the doors to open.

Unread 1 Jan 2003, 19:10   #1088
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Dave legs it to his gunship, carrying his helmet, and his flight suit half undone.
He climbs up the steps and jumps into the seat, zipping up his flight suit and putting on his helmt as his cockpit closes shut. Dave flicks some switches, powering up his gunship. Lights flicker one, and his display comes up. Dave tightens up the strap on his helmet and pulls down his visor as his gunship finishes powering up.
Crazy turns to the deck officer geezer, and gives a quick salute, signalling he's ready and activates his gunships engines and heads out of the dock after the other gunships.
Crazy forms up with the other gunships around the Ajax, awaiting further orders*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 20:33   #1089
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc You’re launching from the Illustrious, not Ajax Crazy. ooc/

/ooc Modern jets, to my understanding, basically work by taking the surrounding air, heating it up, and pushing that hot air out behind them. Instead of air, WAVEs and gunships use exhaust from their fusion reactors. Gunships are designed to use the exhaust at all times for propulsion. WAVEs use the exhaust for their boosters, are converting it (this is why WAVEs can only use boosters for a limited amount of time before they need to recharge). Once in space, the only thing you need an engine for is changing direction and increasing speed. Slight adjustments are made on the WAVEs’ booster systems by technicians when the WAVEs are to be used for space combat. This increases WAVE maneuverability, booster recharge rate, etc. so that they can operate even more freely in space. This “upgrade” also includes opening small thruster ports around the WAVE so that they can stop spinning etc. Clear? ooc/

1106 hours
Bridge of Ajax

"Sir, I'm picking up additional Majestic ships closing from Phobos." the sensor operator reported, and Prescott nodded.
"The other jaw of their trap. They'll be moving in to cut us off when we try to leave Mars orbit and make a break for it. Stay here and fight until we're overwhelmed, try to leave and fight that fleet while the one coming around Mars kidney punches us from behind. I think we'll take the kidney punches. Helm, plot an escape trajectory from Mars orbit. We're getting out of here ASAP."

Battle Report: 2nd Battle of Mars

Commonwealth Forces

11th Battle Group
Morale: Low
Experience: Veteran

CBC Ajax Apollo Class Battlecruiser
CBC Trafalgar Atheleron Class Battlecruiser
CBC Constitution Atheleron Class Battlecruiser
CDD Nelson Hyperion Class Destroyer
CDD Wessex Hyperion Class Destroyer
CDD Deismos Hyperion Class Destroyer
CDD Hera Ares Class Destroyer
CGB Hornet Donald Class Gunboat
CGB Windchester Donald Class Gunboat
CGB Battle Axe Donald Class Gunboat
CGB Thor's Hammer Donald Class Gunboat
CGB Centaur Donald Class Gunboat
CTT 571 Hive Class Tender

Earth Refugees
Morale: Poor
Experience: Green

CBC Illustrious Atheleron Class Battlecruiser Light Damage
CDD Typhoon Hyperion Class Destroyer
CGB Talbot Donald Class Gunboat
CTT 621 Hive Class Tender Light Damage
CTT 413 Hive Class Tender Heavy Damage
236 Refugee ships

17th Diamond Sharks: 150 gunships
Experience: Skilled

51st Space Tigers: 150 gunships

11th Escort Regiment: 150 gunships

41st Commonwealth Lancers: 150 WAVEs

X Squadron: 60 gunships

Y Squadron: 60 gunships

A Company: 60 WAVEs

B Company: 60 WAVEs

52nd Mixed Division: 60 WAVEs/60 gunships
Morale: Good

Overall Morale: Low Experience: Skilled 4BC, 5 DD, 6GB, 3TT, 330 W, 630 G

Majestic Forces

Mars Defense Fleet
Morale: High

Mars Orbital Heavy Damage
MBC Apollo Apollo Class Battlecruiser Moderate Damage
MBC [i]Victor[i] Trident Class Battlecruiser Light Damage
MBC Minotaur Trident Class Battlecruiser
MBC Thanatos ???? Class Battlecruiser Light Damage
MDD Taurus Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Scorpio Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Libra Draco Class Destroyer Heavy Damage
MDD Andromeda Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Aldeberan Draco Class Destroyer Moderate Damage
MGB Impetuous Orion Class Gunboat moderate Damage
MGB Gustav Orion Class Gunboat Light Damage
MGB Defender Orion Class Gunboat Light Damage
MGB Protector Orion Class Gunboat Heavy Damage
MGB Traveler Orion Class Gunboat Heavy Damage
MGB Starfire Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Sting Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Antares Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Newton Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Osiris Orion Class Gunboat
MTT 112 Hive Class Tender
MTT 334 Hive Class Tender
MTT 423 Hive Class Tender
MTT 567 Hive Class Tender
MTT 568 Hive Class Tender

Mars Blockade
Morale: Great
Experience: Master
MBC Belasarius ???? Class Battlecruiser
MBC Aquatine ???? Class Battlecruiser
MBC Intrepid ???? Class Battlecruiser Moderate Damage
MBC Imminent Dominion Trident Class Battlecruiser
MBC Crimson Star Trident Class Battlecruiser
MBC Tyrant Trident Class Battlecruiser Light Damage
MBC Scimitar Trident Class Battlecruiser
MDD Aquarius Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Galetea Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Cassiopeia Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Lawrence Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Centurion Draco Class Destroyer
MDD Griever Draco Class Destroyer Moderate Damage
MDD Black Widow Draco Class Destroyer
MGB Alpha Centauri Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Tau Ceti Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Polaris Orion Class Gunboat Light Damage
MGB Polearm Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Buckler Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Guardian Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Bulwark Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Burke Orion Class Gunboat Moderate Damage
MGB Sirius Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Canopus Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Menkar Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Deneb Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Corsair Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Castor Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Vega Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Caesar Orion Class Gunboat
MGB Hannibal Orion Class Gunboat
MTT 417 Hive Class Tender Light Damage
MTT 094 Hive Class Tender
MTT 078 Hive Class Tender
MTT 314 Hive Class Tender

Mars Orbital Defense Screen 100 gunships

7th Screaming Eagles 225 gunships

110th Enforcers 225 gunships

63rd Wolfpack 150 gunships

61st Scorpions 150 gunships

22nd Polestars 150 gunships

R Squadron: 60 gunships

T Squadron: 60 gunships

Panther Squadron: 60 gunships

Hydra Squadron: 60 gunships

Nebula Squadron: 60 gunships

15th Crimson Guard 150 WAVEs
Morale: Excellent

31st Majestic Templar 150 WAVEs

22nd Mars Hussar 150 WAVEs

F Company 60 WAVEs

4th Reinforced Company 90 WAVEs

Overall Morale: Great Experience: Master Mars Orbital, 11BC, 12 DD, 27 GB, 9 TT, 1300 gunships, 600 WAVEs

Key

Morale – (more) . . . Poor, Low, So-So, High, Good, Great . . . (more)
Experience – (more) . . . Green, Skilled, Veteran, Master . . . (more)

Reinforced Regiment: 225 units
Regiment: 150 units
Reinforced Company: 90 units
Company: 60 units

All

As you launch, you can see the former CBC Apollo off to your right, set against the backdrop of Mars. It is concentrating its firepower on the Illustrious, although none of the nearby ships have managed to bring their beam weapons to bear on each other . . . yet. Just shortly after you launch your HUD displays your current mission objectives. Obviously someone had quickly worked out a flight plan for each of you, despite the surprise attack.

Mission Objectives

Primary

- Survive 100 Requisition Points
- Escort Illustrious and Ajax out of orbit 200 Requisition Points

Secondary

- Assist all ships of the 11th Battle Group out of orbit 100 Requisition Points
- Assist all civilian refugee ships out of orbit 1 Requisition Point/ ship

Tertiary

- Engage and destroy the MBC Apollo 300 Requisition Points
- Destroy any/all target of opportunity Requisition Points Based on Target Destroyed

/ooc DM advice: Do NOT attempt to fight Mars Orbital . . you’ll lose badly. It would also probably be a good idea to focus of protecting the ships rather than attacking the enemy. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 21:14   #1090
David91

*David, moaning and groaning and moaning some more, clambers into his WAVE (darn ladders; the ladders in my day weren't nearly as big...) and does all the startup procedures etc etc (these seatbelts aren't a patch on the seatbelts I had in my day...) and does whatever it is to get on top of the ship, where death is highly likely. David sents a message to all the other units: Morituri Nolumus Mori.*
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 09:04   #1091
Terra Australis

"Mike we have our orders, we must protect the ships at all cost"

"Things are going to get rather hectic around here id we stay near one of the Capital ships, we dont want to get caught in there crossfire when they engage each other, one direct hit and we would be toast"

"Position us with the refugee ships, and also the tenders we need to protect those ships, but be close enough to protect the cruisers if need be"

"Power up all the sensors Mike'

With this i await what will happen, and sit with the ships staying in loose formation with them waiting to respond to the threat that hopefully will be delayed.

Message to the Illustrious.

"Sir we have positioned ourselves with the refugee ships and the Tenders, but are onhand if the situation arises to provide close in defence, just that things may get a little hectic when you Big Fellas start opening up with your Primary weapons"

"God speed to you all"
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 12:03   #1092
David91

*David adopts Morituri Nolumus Mori as a slogan for his WAVE.*
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 13:11   #1093
No Dachi

No Dachi races up the ladder on the side of his WAVE's Berth and swings himself over the railing and into the ****pit, flicking a number of switches and listening to the gentle whine of the generator powering up as the ****pit Canopy lowers itself into the closed position. He straps himself in and then immediately performs the mandatory Systems Checks before pressing the switch and letting the Berth's doors open, his WAVE slides smoothly down and out of the Ship, forced out by the rotational artificial gravity. Flicking the final switch, No Dachi settles down and takes the controls, halting the WAVE's spin and coming to a dead halt, hanging in space below the Illustrious. He immediately coms the CDF's Battle Control Centre for his orders.

"52nd MD Private Morotaki reporting in. Launched successfully and am awaiting orders, over."

Unread 2 Jan 2003, 19:20   #1094
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre and John, already in their WAVE's, do their systems checks and are released into space seconds behind each other.

"John! Let's get the damn Illustrious out of here! It's our best ship, it needs to survive this battle!"

Hudre checks his radar and sees the appolo, the closest ship to the Illustrious.

"John, we cant do much about the Appolo, let's just fight off the WAVE's and gunships for now!"

Unread 3 Jan 2003, 00:32   #1095
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy's gunship shoots out of the launch bay of the Illustrious (got it right dis time ) and heads into formation with his squad*

"Dis is the Crazyboy, reporting in sah!"

"Alright guys. Look sharp. Enemy gunships appraoching. All squads brake and attack, fire at will!"

"Lets kick us some majestic ass!!!"

*Crazy banked his gunship about, and hit his throtal to full, heading directly towards the appraoching enemy gunships with the rest of his squad. His face grim, and his eyes narrowed*

"Its time for some pay back. Ralph. You wit meh boy? Bank right. Lets out flank em"

*Crazy and Ralph banked right, (along wit a few others mebbe) and charged around the flank of the enemy gunships, while the rest charged head on (or how ever else they attacked). Once they were sufficiantly past, Crazy and Ralph (and the others) banked sharply round and charged straight towards the majestic gunships, which, by now would be engaged with the others*

"RRRAAARRRGGG DIE YA BIATCHES!"

*Crazy jammed his fingers down on the fire control on his joystick and let rip with his twin gatling guns at the wave of majestic gunships, spraying as many as he could with bullets, hoping to distract lots of them so they would get shot up by missiles*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 06:05   #1096
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Squadron R, stationed aboard the appropriated Commonwealth Battlecruiser Apollo, form up off the port side of the capital ship, then head toward the main body of the 11th Battlegroup. Just as they come within firing range their tight formation shatters into five squadions, two of which twist and turn their way through the escort vessels' point-defense fire, and close with the Illustrious. Meanwhile, WAVE Company F, also stationed on the Apollo, formed up and headed for the large mass of freighters and civilian ships huddled near the rear of the Commonwealth fleet's formation.

Nick allows an awed sigh to escape him as the speckled blackness of space stretches out before him as he was catapulted out a launch tube from the Illustrious. His sensors grid was almost a complete mass of red, so he ordered it to display only the immediate area of space around the Illustrious. This was much more effective, and it showed only a moderated-sized ball of sensor contacts heading toward them, about two dozen worth. "Party time." Nick muttered, activating his thrusts and rocketing foward to engage the gunships a short distance away from the Illustrious.

David91

/ooc What does that slogan mean . . . "To Die for One's Country?" ooc/

You maneuver your way up to the top of the Illustrious, and then activate the magnetic clamps located in your WAVE's feet, anchoring you to the top part of the capital ship's hull. A few seconds later, Vincent joins you. "Nice view, isn't it?" "Above" you is a dizzing view of outer space, clear of any unnatural object except one of the 11th's gunboats. "Here they come!!" someone shouts, and your sensors automatically scale down until they show a batch of red dots rapidly moving toward the Illustrious.

Terra

/ooc You and Mike are in seperate gunships (you'll need the extra firepower, trust me. ) ooc/

"Roger, Firefox-11. God speed. Be advised that our sensors have picked up the WAVEs launched from the Apollo heading in your direction. We're diverting the rest of Firefox squadron, and will attempt to assist you if the need arises. Illustrious out." (Basically, 12 gunships versus 60 WAVEs. ). Your sensors grid at maximum range is nothing but a display of red, but by dialing it down you soon manage to clearly see the large mass of red dots travelling toward you and the refugee ships. A few moments later you are able to locate the flares from the approaching WAVE's main thrusters.

No Dachi

You quickly start up your WAVE, and have a painful flash back to the last time you piloted a WAVE into combat: the village masacre. You manage to restrain the powerful emotions that that time evokes, and move your WAVE into one of the launch tubes. A moment later you are catapulted down the tube, and find yourself in the speckled blackness of space. The answer to your question as to orders is provided a moment later as your mission objectives pop up onto a computer monitor. Checking your sensors, you notice the solid mass of red, and lower the range until a single group of contacts stands out, two squadrons of gunships, heading this way. Several gunships and WAVEs are already heading out to meet them, including a Shogun that you suspect belongs to Nick Andrews, who had launched a few moments after you from a different launch tube.

Hudre

/ooc Actually the Illustrious is a ship of the old, outdated Atheleron class BCs. The Apollo class are the newest ones.

"Righto. Seems we've got the WAVEs headed for the refugees, and a pair of gunship squadrons heading right for us. Who do ya think needs more help, buddy?"

Crazyboy

You launch from the Illustrious, and form up into your squadron. You are Firebrand-7, Ralph is Firebrand-8. "Alright, all Firebrands here?" the squadron leader barks over the squadron's private channel. "Good. We've got two squads of Majestic gunships coming in, let's give them a warm welcome! Break and attack!" The squadron then disolves into its component pairs of wingmen, and Ralph falls on your wing as you follow the rest of the squadron in toward the approaching enemy gunships. "I'm here, and let's give them a good kick in the ***." Ralph replies, following you as you bank to the right, hoping to cut around behind the Majestic squadrons. Although usually a pair of gunships would break off to intercept you, the Majestic pilots are so focused on their target that you manage to circle around behind as Commonwealth and Majestic units collide in an explosion of lead as both sides come within range and fire. The battle quickly degrades into chaos after that, as the Majestic gunships scatter to the four winds, each seeming to have the objective to penetrate the Illustrious's defenders and attack the Battlecruiser itself. A minute later you find yourself on the tail of one such gunship, and you blast away with your cannons, worrying away at its rear armor while beyond, the shape of the Illustrious grew. Soon, the Commonwealth ship begins to fire its point-defense weapons at its attackers, and your attacks distract the enemy pilot enough that two point defense bolts slam into his fighter, blasting off several chucks of armor. Then, there is a flash from the gunship as it launches its missile, and then breaks off from its attack run, the missile streaking in toward the Illustrious's side.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 11:39   #1097
No Dachi

Quote:
/ooc What does that slogan mean . . . "To Die for One's Country?" ooc/
I'm not sure what it means, but the Latin for 'to die for one's country' is pro patria mori, as in dulce est decorum est pro patria mori.

Unread 12 Jan 2003, 15:19   #1098
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

it means "We, who are about to die, don't
want to"

(google is your friend)

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 16:50   #1099
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre looks at the numbers "Well, the refugees are very outnumbered, while the Illustrious can fight for itself. Let go save some civilians!"

Hudre activates his boosters towards the refugees, hoping that him and John can take a few of the majestic WAVE's down by suprising them from the side.

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:33   #1100
Terra Australis

"Mike its Showtime, time to go Wave Hunting"

"Lets show em that Space is the domain of the Gunship and not the Wave, we have to use our speed and manouverability to our advantage"

With this Mike and i move into a tight formation of Leader and Wingman.

"Mike we will try and approach the waves from where they are the most vulnerable, and that is behind there Jet Packs.... i suggest that we power down as much non eseential equipment as possible to reduce our signature to the enemy, and make it harder for us to be spotted"

With this Mike and i go visual on the enemy waves, and put the radar into passive mode, there is no mistaking the bright plumes of the wave thrusters against the dark backdrop of space.

Mike and i maintain strict radio silence, and even the ****pit lights are dimmed to there minimum levels, so that the enemy cannot see us.

Thinking to myself this is how the ancients used to do it in the war documentary that was on the holo disc that Mike and i obtained back on Earth....... maybe the majestic units in there reliance on technology and there apparent ease of victory over Earth has made them become complacent.

Time to give them a wake up call.

Easing into a position behind the waves, and having the gunships totally blacked out we sorty into firing position, seeing some more friendly blips show up on the screen and recognising them as waves, we realise that we are no longer alone.

This will be interesting seeing Wave Vs Wave combat in space....

Mike and i are now in position to launch the attack.....