Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Nov 2002, 18:43   #1001
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
/ooc w00t! 1000th post ooc/

ND

One of the advantages of having weapons pods it that they can fire in any direction, including directly behind the WAVE, although usually without a great deal of accuracy. The Hawk's pilot obviously knew this, as bullets pinged off the concrete and your armor as you chased after the enemy Hawk. Your rifle shot missed this time, caused by a sudden zig-zag on the part of the Hawk and a shutter running through your WAVE as a line of bullets slam high into your WAVE's shoulder. The faster Hawk manages to keep just ahead of you, coming within reach of your sword for one moment, and then spurting ahead again. Finally, the Hawk ducked into a side alley, and as you came around the corner you realised that the alley ended in a brick wall: the Chicken Hawk was trapped. But not helpless, and it spun around to continue firing its machine guns at you. Your rifle cracked again, this time slamming into the WAVE's right weapon pod, spinning it around into the wall. Moving further into the alley to enter melee range, you suddenly stop as your sensor screen shows four new red dots suddenly appear. "Sucker." the vet pilot sent to you as a Shogun Mk II dropped down from the roof of a nearby building to join it. Glancing at your rearview monitor, you see that two Herons and a Banshee had appeared to block the alleyway. "Surrender, and we'll spare you life." the Shogun Mk II broadcasts to you.
(Surrending would result in you being ejected from the simulation as "dead".)

Crazyboy

/ooc Ok, you do 12 points of damage too then. ooc/

You pull away just before the veteran pilot slams into your gunship, and then dive back down into the fog. This time, however, the pilot follows you, and when you emerge from the fog to ambush the enemy pilot, you don't see him. Your questions as to where he is is answered a moment later as a missile lock warning screeches at you, and your rearview monitor shows the fiery exhaust of a missile heading directly for you.

Terra

The enemy pilot has seen this old trick before, as he barrelrolls out of your sights as he goes shooting past. However, he fires missile as he goes past, but the projectile overshoots, continuing on to slam into a skyscrapper and detonate. "Could use some help here." you hear Mike call, his voice strainned. Checking your sensors, you notice that Mike's opponent has managed to slip in behind him, and is now activately trying to shoot him down.

Hewitt

"Ok. I'll wait for you here, Pier 21." Looking at the map, you see that there is only one docks area in this city, which is about three blocks away. You begin to head toward the docks at an easy lope, when you pick up a new transmission. "Ah! What is that? Go away!!" You then hear the sound of weapons fire.

Fluffie

/ooc Explain to me how you're able to see your "surrondings" through the fog. ooc/

Making your way deeper into the store, the sound of weapons fire drifts over to you. As you move towards the back of the store, it becomes louder and louder, until you finally reach the back of the store and look out through a small window. Through the fog you can see the flash and glow of WAVE-grade weapons being fired. Someone was apparently in trouble. Also, it seems that the store is close to the docks, as you can just make out the faint siloulette of a ship in the distance.

Immortal

After ducking into the building, no more weapons fire follows after you. Reactivating your sensors, you notice that the red dots have moved on, but there seems to be indetermine contacts about three blocks down, which could quite possibly be the Banshee and its cohorts.

PK

You look, but there doesn't seem to be anyone lying in wait. You are about to move on when there is a flash of light from the alley, and a rocket slams into your right leg, causing 15 damage. Turning to face the alleyway again, you see that there was an enemy afterall, only one a bit smaller than you were looking for: a powered infantry man, now lugging a rocket launcher. Both were painted black, so it was easy to see how you could have missed them. The infantryman is currently running down the alleyway away from you, attempting to get away before you could retaliate. Locking on with a missile, you let fly, but the infantryman hops over a fence at the back of the alleyway and disappeared from sight. A second later the missile hits the fence, blowing it apart, and you can see that the explosion has also knocked the infantryman off of his feet.

Lady Hawk

/ooc You have half a dozen doctors and nurses, Candice, some medical supplies including morphine and the like, and nineteen powered infantry. Vehicle wise, you have the infantry's APC, the ambulance, and two cars. ooc/

Johnson sighs, and then looks at you. "I know that, but I'm not about to let my countrymen waste away in a prison. This is a great chance - their makeshift jail is unlikely to have many guards, especially with most of their forces still out mopping up whatever resistance is left. This might be our only chance to hurt them for awhile, and I'm going to take it! Now, you are either in, or out." Looking around, you see that you have no supporters amongst the other eighteen infantrymen - they are all supporting the idea to the hilt.

Hudre

You soon arrive at the intersection, but when you arrive you find the area deserted. "Hmm . . . maybe the battle shifted to another street?" John suggests, and then adds, "Maybe we should run a quick partol around the place, they couldn't have gone far."

Ryon

The missile lock tone screeches, and you suddenly see the fiery tail of a missile heading toward you from the second gunship. A moment later your rocket hits it, adding to the damage caused by your gatling gun fire that you spread between the two.

David91

/ooc Yup, same place. ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 19:26   #1002
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
I'm magical, that's how. Anyways, did someone fricking tell me about mission objectives before I rushed in to 'save the day' or not? It would, like, really really help if I knew what I am supposed to do (apart from blowing nasty (and innocent of course) stuff up. Boom! Things go boom! Fluffie likes boom boom!) ?

-

Thinking to himself, Fluffie throws another, childishly hopeful look at his computer display and taps a few more random buttons, trying to figure out what he's supposed to do. A minute or two go by, fruitlessly in the concern of results. Sighing loudly, but not so loud the mechs in the distance will hear, he uses his mecanically powered left fist to strike down a wall out of annoyance. Grinning widely, he grabs his weapons with two hands again, before heading out of the street again, walking to the docks, trying to stay hidden and in cover as good as he can, rejecting the urge to yell out loud, asking the Mission Operators to tell him what is going on.

He might do that soon though, unknowingness is not a sign of funkehness. If there is one thing teh fluffeh has to be, it is funkeh.

Fluffie is not funkeh results in mass destruction, loads of innocents killed and a general, tactical and usually vitally important mission objective in future missions to be screwed up.

Badly.

Blablabla.

[enter more rant here]
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 19:49   #1003
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

/ooc Your mission objectives are the same as everyone else: everyone has the same mission objectives! ooc/

1) Link up with your Squad mates.
2) Annihilate the enemy
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 19:55   #1004
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David checks to see what is going on with everybody else, while following Nick.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 19:59   #1005
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi chuckles into the com and speaks in a mocking tone.

"Kiss my arse you pathetic excuses for WAVE pilot wannabes!"

He acts immediately. Bringing his rifle up, he aims for the sensor module on the Shogun MK II; knowing where it is because its design matches that of his own WAVE. No Dachi pulls the trigger, and the familiar crack noise erupts through the alleyway. This done, No Dachi does the only thing he can do in attempt to avoid the fire that will innevitably come at him from behind and pulls the WAVE into a crouch, at the same time throwing the entire thruster power in a left direction, taking him straight into the building. Once he is through the wall, he quickly reloads the rifle and lifts the Calymore, ready to rbing it down on the first WAVE he sees through the hole in the wall, or alternatively throw the weapon if the WAVE is too far away to swing at. He speaks into the com again, taking half a second to switch the frequency encoded to his squad mates.

"Morotaki again, ambushed by four WAVEs and requesting support. Over and out."

He tenses himself but remains calm. Then, when his radar shows a WAVE approaching the hole in the wall, he launches the WAVE upwards through the roof, hoping the building is a low-lying one. Once out, he brings the rifle down to fire at whatever is approaching the hole before throwing the WAVE forward and at the entrance of the alleway, taking a swing at the two WAVEs blocking that as he does so, attempting to land behind them. He reloads the rifle again and launches the thrusters left, attempting an escape down the street he just came through, dodging left and right to avoid fire while trying to aim the rifle.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 22:54   #1006
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre receives Morotaki's message. "What's your position?" Then Hudre hears the crack of a rifle, and the various explosions as Morotaki crashes through the walls of buildings. "Never mind!, John, you circle around the place where Morotaki is fighting, and we'll get them in a pincer!" Hudre this time turns his boosters to 100%, and heads to Morotaki's position.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:41   #1007
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy kills power to his engines and puts his gunship into a nose dive immeditly. His gunship drops through the fog, and Crazy hits his engines alive. Not waiting to see if the missile is still trailing him, he slams the throtal to full and charges through some buildings. Crazy pops up above the buildings a few seconds later (hopefully after an explosion from the missile missing) and searchs his radar for his enemy contact*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 03:00   #1008
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
/ooc w00t! 1000th post ooc/
Hewitt

"Ok. I'll wait for you here, Pier 21." Looking at the map, you see that there is only one docks area in this city, which is about three blocks away. You begin to head toward the docks at an easy lope, when you pick up a new transmission. "Ah! What is that? Go away!!" You then hear the sound of weapons fire.
Son of...

"Hang on Claire! I'm coming!"

*Hewitt quickly adjusts his boosters for horizontal travel with a slightest of angles so as to lift him off the ground a little to avoid damaging the leg. He made sure he was going in the right direction and with determination activated his WAVE's boosters.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 08:35   #1009
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
*Seeing his advantage, PK stomps over the infantry men, literally. Then he speeds up to full, and goes looking for other prey.*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 09:16   #1010
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On Seeing the enemy gunship role away and out of my sights, i roll after the gunship and fire off a few rounds from my gattling gun and also cannon in the direction that the gunship last headed....hearing Mikes call for help that is now the priority.

"Mike i am coming to your help hang in there"

looking at the radar screen i quickly locate where Mike is and quickly gain atltitude and speed heading towards where Mike is, but coming from a position that the enemy gunship pilot would least expect.

"Mike i am going to come at you from above and from a head on direction and straffe the enemy"

On telling Mike of this i move into position and dive down towards where Mike is being pursued, now closing at the 2 gunships at a fast pace, hopefully the enemy will be so preoccupied with attacking Mike that he will not be paying that much attention to what is going to occur.

On Charging at the Gunships, i call to Mike, "Mike break now"

On this Mike actually climbs so that he is of an altitude higher slighly than what i am approaching at, I open fire with both the cannon and gattling gun on the approaching enemy gunship, then as i pass the enemy gunship i pull up on the stick and cut power and bank hard to the right and let the side slip of the gunship allow me to perform a very fast change of direction and begin to pursue the enemy gunship....

OOC can you let me know what damage occured to the enemy gunship and obviously where Mike now is in relation to all this!
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 15:44   #1011
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Fluffie

/ooc Your mission objectives are the same as everyone else: everyone has the same mission objectives! ooc/

1) Link up with your Squad mates.
2) Annihilate the enemy
hmm.. second is fine with me.. but the first.. isn't the whole point of squads that you enter a location together?
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:07   #1012
Ryon
Soldier

Ryon is an unknown quantity at this point
Ryon manuevered past the explosions silently and hit the air brakes while pulling the stick up coming right up behind the enemy gunships. Locking on with his gatling gun, he held down the trigger letting loose a hail of gunfire.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 14:09   #1013
Immortal Squish

Quote:
Immortal

After ducking into the building, no more weapons fire follows after you. Reactivating your sensors, you notice that the red dots have moved on, but there seems to be indetermine contacts about three blocks down, which could quite possibly be the Banshee and its cohorts.
Squish tunes his comlink to his team only channel, and reports his location and the location of the WAVEs he's sighted.

Squish continues, "I identified one of the pair as a rather unfriendly Banshee equiped with <insert identified equipment>. By the way, has anyone established a location for us to hook up at? An infantryman's likely to get stepped on out here without some backup. Over."

Squish makes his way to the opposite side of the building, keeping an eye on his sensors as he goes. Once there he locates an exit and peeks out to the street beyond, ready to duck his head back in if the homocidal veteran WAVE returns.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:49   #1014
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

You learn that Hudre and John are both moving to assist ND as well, and to your great relief, Vincent is OK. "Just a little scrap, the backbiter ran away before it got serious." Vincent growled. You then hear ND's report that he has been ambushed, and both you and Nick increase speed. "There!" Nick calls out, hitting his boosters to charge ahead toward the dark shapes of three WAVEs standing at the mouth of an alley. As you approach you can determine that they are a Banshee and two Herons. Nick charges into the Banshee, knocking it over onto its back, and then he turns and fires his machine gun point blank into one of the Herons. The vet WAVEs retaliate a moment later, sending Nick stumbling back from the sheer volume of fire.

ND

You open fire at the same time as the vets do, and your WAVE staggers under the gunfire fro all sides. You believe that you did hit the Shogun's sensor package, however, monetarily blinding them. As the vets reload you crash into the building to your left, noticing in your rear monitor that a Shogun Mk II has assaulted the three WAVEs guarding the alley's exit. The Shogun rams its shoulder into the Banshee, knocking it flat on its back. The last thing you see is the Shogun firing its machine gun point-blank into a Heron. "Need some help, old man?" You hear Nick quip as you burst up through the ceiling and onto the roof of the building. The roof shifts dangerously under you, and you know that the building may soon collapse. However, you do arrive in time to see all five WAVEs tear into Nick, causing his WAVE to stagger back away from the mouth of the alleyway.

Hudre

"Alright, I'll let you know when I'm in position. Then we'll ambush the ambushers." You can almost see the grin on John's face. A minute passes, and you can pick up the five enemy dots and one friendly dot as you wait around the corner, urging John to hurry. Suddenly John's voice comes over the comm, almost drowned out by a sudden eruption of gunfire. "Attack! Attack! That d*mned fool Andrews just charged into the middle of them!"

Crazyboy

The alarm shrills louder as the missile gets closer, until finally you wince from the noise. Suddenly, the ****pit returns to silence and there is a bright flash behind you as the missile slams into a building. Popping back up, you see your opponent is heading in your general direction, attracted by the missile explosion. However, he has not seemed to notice you yet, and you do not help him as you duck back behind a building to plan your next move.

Hewitt

You activate your boosters, and the piers and moored ships of the Docks soon loom out of the fog. You see that you are at Pier 5 right now, and hurry towards Pier 21. Over the comm you hear Claire cry, "Oh no!" This is followed by a loud crash. Suddenly, the wooden plank in front of you explodes. "Where d o you think you're going?" Someone calls, and you turn to find a Banshee standing a short distance away. Its rifle ejects its empty cartridge and loads another as you watch.

PK

Your WAVE trembles violently, and you almost fall as you stomp the infantryman in passing. However, your attack apparently didn't kill the infantryman, as you see him limp in a nearby building on your rear monitor. It is almost a certainty that he has called for back-up by now.

Terra

You fire off a few last shots at your opponent, hoping he will get the idea to back off. You then turn and head for Mike's position, climbing almost straight up before diving back down on Mike and his pursuer. Mike follows your instructions, and you instinctively duck as his gunship flashes past your ****pit. As soon as Mike is out of the way you open fire, tearing into the gunships' armor at a point just below its ****pit. You see an armor plate crack and blow apart, and then you and the enemy are past each other. You almost crash into each other, but fortunately both of you break off at the last moment, avoiding a collision by inches. Your computer reports your attack caused about 26 armor points of damage to the enemy gunships, then announces an enemy missile lock with a loud squawk. Your opponent has returned, with avengeance.

Fluffie

/ooc I suppose I should have said "teammates", as all of the trainees are against all of the vets. Hence, there is no reason to appear together, as no one is in an "official squad". Now pipe down and post your next reply. ooc/

Ryon

You watch as the missile streaks past your gunship thanks to your quick maneuver. Pulling the flight stick back, you pull up behind the enemy, and then spin around to face them. You cut loose with your gatling gun, but a few seconds after you open fire the vets do the worst thing they could have done: they split up. One of the gunships breaks to the left and down, but you are not sure if it was the one armed with missiles, or rockets. Both were obviously bad if they got behind you. The second gunship, meanwhile, attempts to juke out of your line of fire, and then dives for the fog.

Immortal

You send the message out, and soon learn that there is a Banshee participating in an ambush on ND, only a block or two away. If seems to match the markings of the one that fired on you as well, so you wonder if you should go over there and see what's going on or not.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:57   #1015
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi mutters under his breath about these reckless new age pilots while glancing at his armour monitor. This takes about a second. With this done, he quickly formulates a plan. Bracing himself, he throws the WAVE forward off the top of the building and toward the five veteran WAVEs, firing the rifle at the Heron as he does so, reasoning it to be the most easily-destroyed. He hits the ground hard and lets loose a curse as he is jostled about in the ****pit, but he does let this distract him. Still in a crouch, he uses the thrusters to send his WAVE crashing into the damaged Heron on hia right, hopefully knocking it over, reloading the rifle as he does so. He aims a Claymore blow at the Chickenwalker, straightening up; hoping to finish it off/ The blow is aimed across its middle, the full length of the sword blade cutting across its main torso horizontally with a crushing blow. As he does this, he raises the rifle again and fires at the Banshee whilst spinning around the race the Heron again, Claymore held at the ready.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 19:24   #1016
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy cuts his engines and hovers behind a building, waiting for the enemy gunship to close in. He slowly cruises around the building at practically ground level. As the vet gunship goes past him, Crazy guns his engines and blast up behind the vet and blasts away at him with his dual gatling guns*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:01   #1017
David91

*David blasts at them with his machine gun, and moves off to the side of the alley for semi-cover against enemy fire.*
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:49   #1018
Immortal Squish

Squish makes his way to that ambush site as quickly as possible, using the backalleys and sidestreets to avoid encountering more hostile WAVEs.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:25   #1019
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre curses and blasts his boosters 100%. Going into the alley, Hudre's speed makes him hit the wall abit, and Hudre watches Nick being pelted by the five WAVE's, and Morotaki dive in. Hudre adjusts his angle, so that His WAVE flies behind Nick, so the vets can't see him. Hudre then pulls up, and flies over Nick, and Hudre cuts his boosters. Before Hudre's WAVE even hits the ground, Hudre opens fire on the vets, and takes a swing with his axe at the nesarest vet.

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 09:30   #1020
Terra Australis

"Mike i have one bandit on my tail i need your help to shake him"

With the missile warning lock screaming in my ear, i fire off some Chaff and flares and do a series of radical manouvers to try and shake the missile while firing off more chaff and flares.

"Mike i need you to get behind the enemy and hopefully he will be preoccupied with me and then you can toast him..... or damage him enough so that we can finish him off"

I look at the radar screen scanning for more targets, and also do a quick visual check to look for the enemy gunships if they are nearby.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 11:26   #1021
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

You activate your boosters, and the piers and moored ships of the Docks soon loom out of the fog. You see that you are at Pier 5 right now, and hurry towards Pier 21. Over the comm you hear Claire cry, "Oh no!" This is followed by a loud crash. Suddenly, the wooden plank in front of you explodes. "Where d o you think you're going?" Someone calls, and you turn to find a Banshee standing a short distance away. Its rifle ejects its empty cartridge and loads another as you watch.
*A mission different curses and responses enter Hewitt's head but they are brushed away as old instincts kick in. Not stopping, Hewitt twists his upper torso towards the Banshee and lets fly with both the Machine Gun and the Flame Thrower, concentrating on keeping the targeting receptical on the centre of the enemy WAVE while at the same time piloting his own WAVE to come around to the rear of his target with his torso angled inwards at all times, letting the Banshee suffer the full wrath of his weaponary.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 08:50   #1022
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
ooc// how on earth did he survive that? //ooc

*Fires a single missile in through the door the infantry man went through, and quickly stomps off, before his mates arrive. If it didn't kill him, then there's nothing PK can do with him being in the building*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 15:07   #1023
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Sighing as his memory finally succeeded where technology had miserably failed, Fluffie looks around, standing on a reasonably to totally deserted crossing. Looking ahead of him, he sees a street filled with rubble and blown up house. Knowing the sight behind him won't differ much from it, he turns to look to his left. The sight doesn't vary much from what he had seen before and deciding this was all getting silly, he closed his eyes and turned to face at what he guessed to be his left, running fastly for a moment or two.

Not being able to see what is ahead of him, he almost trips, walks incredibly stupid in order to prevent himself from crashing into the ground and comes to a halt. Opening his eyes he sees a small bit of street, clear of rubble. Grinning and smiling a big smile, he continues walking forward again, heading back into the shadows and cover, moving around and trying to make his way to the docks.

His teammates.. How the hell did his teammates look like? The targetting computer identified stuff way too slow, he'd be shot multiple times before it would've told him to shoot or not.

Maybe they'd wear clothes saying "I am Yours!", but then again, they might not be. Looking down at his own gear for a moment he memorised it, hoping people that would be friendly would wear the same and enemies different.

If not.. It was only a simulation.. But friendly fire was sure to make a bad impression on the higher ranking decision making guys..
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 23:04   #1024
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
/ooc You have half a dozen doctors and nurses, Candice, some medical supplies including morphine and the like, and nineteen powered infantry. Vehicle wise, you have the infantry's APC, the ambulance, and two cars. ooc/

Johnson sighs, and then looks at you. "I know that, but I'm not about to let my countrymen waste away in a prison. This is a great chance - their makeshift jail is unlikely to have many guards, especially with most of their forces still out mopping up whatever resistance is left. This might be our only chance to hurt them for awhile, and I'm going to take it! Now, you are either in, or out." Looking around, you see that you have no supporters amongst the other eighteen infantrymen - they are all supporting the idea to the hilt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn looks at them all

So this is it! you all agree to this then, what more can i say.

I will come with you but mark my words this is folly, and it may end in disaster, but then it may also be pulled off.

So what is your plan then, lets hear it!

Jenn walks up to pvt Johnson and stares him right in the eyes not blinking.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 01:31   #1025
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Notice

Here's my attempt at showing where the enemy WAVEs are located.

Code:
 X         -------------------------------------------------
                                                               X  
     X
                                                               X
 X         -------------------------------------------------
As you can see, some of at the mouth of the alley, but only two enemies are actually INSIDE the alley. Thus, charging into the alley is basically going to result in you getting hammered from both sides. :/

No Dachi

/ooc

1) There's two Herons, and they are not the most easily destroyed.

2) The Herons and Chicken Hawk are at opposite ends of the alley, so it's going to be a bit hard for you to jump back and forth between the two groups.

3) It's CHICKEN HAWK, not Chickenwalker!!

ooc/

Sparring a quick glance at the armor indicator, you can see that your WAVE's left shoulder and head/upper torso has turned an orangish yellow, a result from crashing through a building and the brutal amount of fire your WAVE has already absorped. You'd take a more detailed look at the armor damage later, and turn back to your controls. Flexing the WAVE's legs, you hop off of the building, snapping off a rifle shot at one of the Herons as you do so. The shot goes wide, slightly, so that the bullet slams into the Heron's right shin. The Heron retaliates with a rifle shot that smashing into the ruined building behind you, missing completely. You are already in motion, charging toward the second Heron. You attempt the same trick as Nick pulled, ramming into the Heron to knock it over, but the pilot is ready. Swinging one of the WAVE's stork-like legs behind it, the pilot braces his WAVE against your charge and remains on its feet. Now in close combat range, the Heron pulls back and slams its fist into your Shogun's right shoulder.

/ooc I'll leave it up to you as to whether you want to fight back, or continue with your original plan. ooc/

Crazyboy

You circle around the building as low as you dare, careful to avoid stalling your engines, while making sure not to go too fast, and thus slam into a building due to the fog. Finally, you can see the red dot snap back into perfect clarity on your sensor grid, and can just make out the outline of it. The enemy pilot is already turning to face you, but he's too late. You push your throttle open and charge towards the enemy gunship, raking its side with gatling gun fire. Then you're past, climbing for the sky, away from the enemy pilot. However, the dark shape of a skyscrapper suddenly looms out of the fog at you, approaching fast . . .

David91

Your machine gun fire catches the enemy Banshee while it's attempting to get back up, shaking it violently before throwing it back down to the ground. The enemy pilot risks a shot at you from on the ground, but due to the poor angle the machine gun traces a pattern on the brick wall next to you instead of your WAVE. Ducking into a nearby side alley (there are three enemy WAVEs on the main street, then two actually inside the alley. You have just ducked into a similar alley across the street and about fifteen feet from the enemy.), you wait for your machine gun to reload. When it does, you pop out of the alleyway to fire. You automatically target the Banshee and fire again, blasting away part of the armor of its right leg as it finally regains its feet. As you duck back into the alleyway, you noticed that the Banshee was heading toward your position, firing as fast as its own machine gun could recycle, tearing apart the corner of the building you are using for cover.

Immortal

You soon see through the fog a massive battle taking place between roughly a dozen WAVEs, about half vet, half teammate. However, that's not the only participants: you notice two powered infantrymen appear from a building across the street from you, each lugging a rocket launcher. They quickly cross over to the street that was being used as a battleground and take a firing stance, obviously getting ready to fire upon one of your comrades.

Hudre

You hop over Nick's WAVE, shielding it from the next round of fire from one of the Herons. The Heron soon as other problems as ND opens fire with his rifle, hitting in the shin with a rifle shot. You follow up with a round of fire of your own, and then charge into melee range. You swing your axe down at the Heron's head, but it manages to get its shield up just in time to block your attack. The Heron then uses the shield to push you back slightly, right into the minimum range of its flamethrower. Flames wreathe your ****pit for a few seconds, and then the flamethrower cuts off to recharge. "Need any help?" Nick asks, coming to stand beside you as he cuts into the Heron with his machine gun.

Terra

Your first chaff fails to distract the enemy missile, but the missile warning cuts off when you launch your second chaff pod. "Why do I always seem to be saving your ***?" Mike jokes as he swings in behind the enemy behind you, and opens fire. The enemy pilot hangs onto your tail for a few more seconds, trying to lock on with another missile or land a few more gunfire hits on your wildly juking fighter, before breaking off. The two enemy gunships you were engaging seem to be breaking off, although whether to simply retreat or for regrouping for another attack, you can't say. Still, it gives you a few moments of breathing time, and you manage to check your sensors. Two enemy and friendly contacts have disappeared, although they could just be fighting down in the fog covered city. The other friendly is still mixing it up with two enemy gunships, although the pair of enemies has split up and seems to be getting ready to come at the allied pilot from both sides.

Hewitt

Your machine gun sends tiny sliver of dextrium flying off of the Banhshee's chest, and your flamethrower then cuts it. The flamethrower causes only moderate damage, however, as the Banhsee begins to backpeddle away from you. "Oh, a short-ranged WAVE? Figures." The Banshee fires again, and this time a shutter runs through your WAVE as the rifle shot cores into your left shoulder.

PK

/ooc You missed the body and crunched a leg instead. Plus, there's armor to protect the infanryman from just such a tactic, plus it's a simulation - no chance of the guy passing out from the pain of having his leg reduced to pulp, or thereabouts. ooc/

A blast rocks the building, reduces the front portion of it to rumble. Either the infantryman had managed to reach a different part of the building, or was now buried under some of the rubble. Either way, he's no longer a threat for now. Suddenly, your sensors warble that something was trying to get a missile lock, and the fog ahead of you parts as a vet gunship comes roaring down the street, gatling guns blazing.

Fluffie

Moving a bit closer to the piers of the docks, you are suddenly attracted by the appearance of a red dot and blue dot on your sensor grid. Moving closer, you can see a WAVE lying on its back, trying to shake off a powered infantryman that was clinging on determinedly, trying to set some sort of demolition charge on the WAVE's ****pit. "Someone help me!" the WAVE calls, and your sensors clearly ID the WAVE to be friendly (the blue dot), and the powered infantryman to be an enemy (the red dot).

Lady Hawk

Pvt Johnson returns your gaze for a few moments, then breaks eye contact as he turns to face the rest of the infantry. "We will take the ambulance and the APC into the city. Ambulance will be in front with a handful of powered infantrymen inside. The ambulance will scout ahead, and signal when the way is clear. Once we get to the makeshift prison, we cut down the guards, commandeer any nearby vehicles, and take off with as many of our comrades as we can. You'll bring up the rear and serve as our last resort and escort on the way out. Our only real worry should be aerial patrols. Your thoughts?" Johnson asks, turning back to face you.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 9 Nov 2002 at 02:43.
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 01:40   #1026
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre checks his armour indicator after those flames, and then activates his boosters one more time, to 100%. Hudre moves his angle so this time he flies over the Heron he is facing, and fires downwards onto it's ****pit. While over the Heron, Hudre also swivels his upper part of the WAVE to be looking at Nick, and moves his arm that is holding the battleaxe over the WAVE's head. Hudre then stops firing at the Heron, and just before he lands, swings the axe down, bringing it down on the back of the ****pit.

Unread 9 Nov 2002, 01:40   #1027
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Ah crap!!"

*Crazy pulls on his flight stick, jolting his gunship off to the left. He screams past the skyscraper, just inches from it. Hitting a few switches, Crazy straights out his flight path and circles around, just above the tallest building, searching on his displays for the enemy gunship.
Crazy slowly dives down behind the skyscrapper he narrowly missed and heads towards the fuzzy red dot on his radar.
This time Crazy goes as fast as he dares (its in fog after all) at the red dot, manouvering around buildings like he did back on Earth, and at about 60th floor height.
Coming around a corner on the enemy gunship, Crazy lines up his sights on the cockpit area and sprays the gunship with gatling gun fire, before diving down and around another corner, pulling up and circling back to where the gunship was, firing another volley if the guy was still there, then going near vertically up back into teh fog to hide*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 13:51   #1028
David91

*David attempts to shoot at the most vulnerable part of the enemies as he can.*
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 13:53   #1029
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ooc// ok, np //ooc

*Activating his boosters, PK leaps the WAVE into the air, attempting to land on either the front of the gunship, or on top of it, crushing its rotors. As the WAVE and gunship barrel down the tight street he unsheathes his claymore, and stabs it into the inner workings of the flyer.*

Unread 10 Nov 2002, 14:29   #1030
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

Moving a bit closer to the piers of the docks, you are suddenly attracted by the appearance of a red dot and blue dot on your sensor grid. Moving closer, you can see a WAVE lying on its back, trying to shake off a powered infantryman that was clinging on determinedly, trying to set some sort of demolition charge on the WAVE's ****pit. "Someone help me!" the WAVE calls, and your sensors clearly ID the WAVE to be friendly (the blue dot), and the powered infantryman to be an enemy (the red dot).
Fluffie grins, silently yells "aaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" to himself and brings up the grenade launcher. Dropping into a crouched position, he acts like a sniper, getting a decent aim... no, more like a perfect aim on the infantry man's head. Smiling widely, he sets the grenade to explode after 10 seconds and bounce away a lot after hitting the target.

Giggling at his own cunning plan, he squeezes the trigger, sending the grenade flying through the air at an insanely l33t speed, hitting the man right on in the head, knocking him back and away from the WAVE. The grenade bounces away and makes it way into a random nearby building, waiting and bouncing for 10 seconds before exploding.

Smiling happily, Fluffie gets up and prepares a new grenade, setting this one to explode more quickly and bounce less (never played "Worms" ? ). Jumping on the WAVE, running over it to where the evil enemy was he smiles, looks down on him and fires another grenade before jumping back and getting in cover.

KABOOM!

(right? )
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 21:20   #1031
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hudre

You can see that your torso and right arm have turned a greenish yellow - nothing to worry about yet.

You leap into the air over the Heron and then open fire. The Heron attempts to look up to track you, put only manages to peg your left leg with a handful of machine gun bullets. Several of your own shots impact against the Heron's head, but most go wide slightly to tear into its left shoulder. You then spin your WAVE around and send your axe crashing down at the veteran. Again, the blow misses the head, but slams into Heron's back. The WAVE whirls around to face you, flamethrower and machine gun blazing, but Nick opens fire, his machine gun exploiting the hole your axe made in the Heron's armor. The Heron turns back to face Nick, but before you can take advantage again, the veteran Chicken Hawk comes tearing out of the alleyway, firing its machine gun wildly. Most of the shots hit the pavement around your WAVE, so you can only assume that the Hawk was coming for you.

Crazyboy

You swing around the skycrapper, barely missing it, and then close back in on the vet gunship. You manage to come in behind it, and manage to put several streams of gatling gun fire into it before you are forced to break off to avoid a collision. However, this time the veteran pilot follows you, and seems to have no intention of letting you slip away. Every few seconds the veteran fires, and although most of the bullets make holes in buildings and blow out windows, some of them do manage to find your juking gunship. You realize you'll need to shake him somehow, and fast as the warning tone of an attempted missile lock begins to ring through the ****pit.

David91

You take a deep breath and then swing your WAVE out from around the cover of the building, firing your own machine gun. The bullets work at the Banshee's chest armor, but then you remember the damaged leg, and shift your aim to that. Your shots tear into the damaged right leg again, and then you duck back behind the building again. You figure that in another fifteen seconds the Banshee will be at the mouth of your alleyway, and then it will be a slugging match. Will you stay, attempt to find a way out of the alleyway, or continuing popping out to shoot at the Banshee for as long as you can?

PK

You activate your boosters, just as the warning tone turns to a warning screech and the gunship launches a missile. The missile slams into the building behind your WAVE, blowing up the front portion of that building as well (so now there's two buildings across from each other with ruined front parts. ). As soon as its missile was away, the gunship pulled up into the sky, thwarting your intended maneuver. However, your missile launchers suddenly beeps that it has a lock on the gunship as it climbed for the safety of the sky.

Fluffie

Your shot hits the enemy powered infantryman perfectly, knocking him off of the friendly WAVE. You then run over to the friendly WAVE and hop on top of its chest plate, so that you can see where the enemy infantryman was. Once on top of the friendly WAVE, you see the enemy infantryman alright - and you see he has a grenade launcher. A grenade launcher that is currently pointed directly at you.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 21:22   #1032
David91

Continue popping out.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 01:56   #1033
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre turns to the Chicken Hawk, and fires back. He then Activates his boosters 60% and leans the WAVE back, the boosters on it's back propelling Hudre's WAVE into the Heron that is behind him, fighting Nick.

Unread 11 Nov 2002, 08:32   #1034
Terra Australis

"Mike thanks for saving me yet again, now we have got work to do, that friendly gunship is outnumbered lets even the odds a bit our way.... and clean up"

With this Mike and i vector into where the enemy gunships are trying to do there Pincer movement on the friendly gunship.

"To the allied pilot dogfighting two friendly gunships we are coming to help, you are going to get jumped by two enemy gunships we are coming into help and when they have comitted to the attack on you we are going to attack your attackers, when we do we want you to get out of there as fast as you can and then join in the fight against your agressors"

"Do not change course until we have commited our attack on the enemy, by all means take evasive action when they begin there run, but dont do anything to betray our attack"

With this Mike and i get into position above where the enemy gunships are set to ambush the allied pilot of the gunship, and watch our radars for any enemy and also what the gunships are up to below!
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 08:39   #1035
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*Fires a pair of missiles off at the gunship, and begins running down the street because if he can get to the end behind cover of buildings he can avoid the next run*

Unread 11 Nov 2002, 15:19   #1036
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

Your machine gun sends tiny sliver of dextrium flying off of the Banhshee's chest, and your flamethrower then cuts it. The flamethrower causes only moderate damage, however, as the Banhsee begins to backpeddle away from you. "Oh, a short-ranged WAVE? Figures." The Banshee fires again, and this time a shutter runs through your WAVE as the rifle shot cores into your left shoulder.
*Hewitt hangs on as his WAVE shudders under the impact and a grin crosses his face when the enemy doesn't fire any other type of weapon. Powering the Heron back up to full throttle, Hewitt charges at the Banshee head on.*

"Afraid Old timer?"

*Hewitt then punches his WAVE's boosters and leaves them on for a full second. Before the Banshee can react to his insanity, Hewitt lets fly with his weapons at almost point-blank range, keeping them going for as long the heat levels will allow while adjusting his WAVE's speed accordingly to maintain the short distance now achieved. Hewitt does this with the determination to not let the enemy get off another shot.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 16:39   #1037
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Someone wants to play tag."

*Crazy hits his engines to full throtal and starts swerving around buildings like the pro cop he is, turning nearly all the time, trying to either lose the vet guy or make him crash into a building*

"Lesse if you can keep up then"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 17:40   #1038
Immortal Squish

Quote:
Immortal

You soon see through the fog a massive battle taking place between roughly a dozen WAVEs, about half vet, half teammate. However, that's not the only participants: you notice two powered infantrymen appear from a building across the street from you, each lugging a rocket launcher. They quickly cross over to the street that was being used as a battleground and take a firing stance, obviously getting ready to fire upon one of your comrades.
Squish steathily approaches the oblivious veteran infantry from behind. Confidently he slinks closer and closer until the rearmost veteran is within arm's reach, the predatory smile on his face hidden by his armor's helmet. This is gonna be too easy.... he thinks, images of his many options of attack floating through his mind.

As the target veteran lines up his shot, Squish burst into motion. With one hand he wrenches the rocket launcher to point towards the other veteran, and with the other, he grabs the enemies firing hand and forcefully activates the firing mechanisim.

Squish laughes as he imagines the look of suprise and horror on the veteran's face. Smiling even wider than before, Squish kicks the veteran over and leaps atop his struggling prone form to rain a flurry of blows onto his lightly protected face.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 01:18   #1039
Ryon
Soldier

Ryon is an unknown quantity at this point
OOC/// actually inspectre sorry for the trouble but I have to quit this thread.... sorry... ooc///
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 23:41   #1040
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

You swing out from around the alleyway again, but are shocked to see the Banshee much closer than you thought it would be. The Banshee was almost in melee range, and closing rapidly thanks to the use of its boosters. You raise your machine gun and manage to fire four shots into the WAVE's chest before it is upon you. The veteran WAVE draws back one of its massive fists and then lets fly, smashing its fist into the center of your torso. Your WAVE reels back into the wall of a building, but before you can recover the Banshee steps toward you, fist pulled back for another blow. Before the blow could connect, however, the Banshee stumbles forward past you, deeper into the alley. "Need some help?" Vincent's voice comes over your comm system, and you can see through the fog a WAVE standing about a block away.

Hudre

Your machine gun stitches a line across the Chicken Hawk's torso, and it staggers back, nearly falling before the veteran manages to get his machine under control. Meanwhile, you have activated your boosters and charge backward, slamming into the Heron from behind. This sends the Heron sprawling forward, but as a side-effect your WAVE also looses its balance and falls onto its back. A double line of fiery tracers flies past your ****pit, then cores into your left arm and torso. The Chicken Hawk has recovered, and now seems to be engaged with pecking your prone WAVE to death.

Terra

You move to help the outnumbered pilot, but it appears you are too late as both of the gunships he was fighting slip in behind him and tear his gunship to pieces. There is a bright flash as his simulated craft explodes, and then nothing. "Well . . . looks like the odds just got worse . . . those two vets we were engaging are heading back this way. Those other two that just smoked our squad mate are also headed this way . . . looks like we'll be dealing with all four of them in . . . three minutes. That's when our old "friends" catch up to us. The two gunships that just destroyed the allied gunship turn to face you, and you begin to hear the warning tones of a missile lock from one of the gunships. Checking your sensors, you notice that this veteran gunship is heavily damaged . . . someone had hit it with several missiles earlier in the battle. However, it was still dangerous, at least until you closed to gun range and was able to finish it off.

PK

Your computer reports that at least one of the missiles had hit the target as you run down the street. Fortunately, the enemy gunship either had a new target, or had had enough from your missile armed WAVE. Your sensors suddenly report a large number of friendly and enemy contacts about two blocks ahead and to your left.

Hewitt

Your WAVE dashes forward at the enemy, and you let fly with all weapons. The Banshee staggers under the attack for a moment, but then recovers and actually activates its own boosters, charging directly at you. A second later the veteran has passed the minimum range required for your weapons (melee range), and slams its "brass knuckle" equipped fist into your WAVE's "stomach". "Long-range, or close-range, take your pick. Either way you're going to die." The Banshee pulls its fist back for a second blow . . .

Crazyboy

The veteran pilot clings closely to your tail, but despite the warning tone of an attempted missile lock, the warning note does not increase in volume or frequency. You lead the pilot on a merry chase for several minutes, weaving in and out of streets and swerving around skyscrapers. Finally, you see a flash in your rearview monitor, and no veteran pilot following you, just a fireball sprouting from the side of a skyscraper.

Immortal

Dashing forward, you grab onto the barrel of the rocket launcher and yank it's mouth around to point toward the other veteran powered infantryman. A second later the rocket launcher belches fire, and a rocket streaks out to slam into the veteran. There is a large explosion that flings the infantryman roughly a dozen feet away from his former position. You're not entirely sure, but you believe that the armored man is dead. Meanwhile, your concentration shifts back to the other enemy infantryman, and you attempt to kick the legs out from under him. However, you forgot that the man was wearing Berserker armor, while you were not. The impact of your leg with his seems to have little effect, except for the pain in yours. The man turns with an audible snarl, and backhands you away using his suit's strength enhancers. The infantryman then drops the rocket launcher and draws a pistol from his belt.

Ryon

/ooc Right, no prob. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 23:47   #1041
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Well well well. Either mr vet crashed and burned or had an over itchy trigger finger"

*Crazy swung his gunship around the next skyscrapper and doubled back on himself, give the explosion area a wideish birth. Crazy turned his gunship to come in from one side, and at a few meters above ground level. Crazy checked his scanners for anything, and was ready to pull up and fire at a moments notice*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 00:09   #1042
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre checks his armour screen and knows he needs to let his boosters recharge just a bit. Hudre raises his machinegun and fires back at the Chicken Hawk, towards its ****pit. Hudre then makes his WAVE get up, using the boosters in small spurts to get up faster. Once up, Hudre goes to one of the walls on his side, and fires his machinegun once again at the Chicken Hawk. Hudre then runs and uses small, 80% powered bursts to go into the Chicken Hawk, and hopefully send in into, or through the wall behind it.

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 08:33   #1043
Terra Australis

On seeing the gunship explode and the other gunships now focussing there attention onto me......

On hearing the missile lock onto my Gunship, i begin to take evasive action...... firing off chaff and flares to confuse any missiles that may be inbound, and making violent movements trying to shake any inbound missiles.

"Mike i have two bandits locking onto me now, i need your help as radar is showing that there is more gunships closing into attack us."

Climbing high again i attempt to outrun the gunships as i have a feeling that the damaged one would not be able to respond quickly to sudden changes in movements etc.

"Mike we have to knock out this gunship that is damaged heavily, and hopefully we can bring another one closer that will damage it."

"Mike i want you to close in and also we try and nail these two inbound gunships and try and draw it into a one on one fight with the enemy and we can knock of this other gunship perhaps"

Mike and i have now climbed into an ambush position to attack the wounded gunship and his wingman, we begin to dive onto our targets from seperate directions before we are outnumbered
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 08:42   #1044
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*Swinging around to the left, PK guns the throttle, bringing the WAVE up to running speed. He switches sensors to maximum, and begins visually scanning for the other WAVEs/Infantry/Gunships*

Unread 19 Nov 2002, 18:33   #1045
David91

Quote:
David91

You swing out from around the alleyway again, but are shocked to see the Banshee much closer than you thought it would be. The Banshee was almost in melee range, and closing rapidly thanks to the use of its boosters. You raise your machine gun and manage to fire four shots into the WAVE's chest before it is upon you. The veteran WAVE draws back one of its massive fists and then lets fly, smashing its fist into the center of your torso. Your WAVE reels back into the wall of a building, but before you can recover the Banshee steps toward you, fist pulled back for another blow. Before the blow could connect, however, the Banshee stumbles forward past you, deeper into the alley. "Need some help?" Vincent's voice comes over your comm system, and you can see through the fog a WAVE standing about a block away.
"Yes please."

*David unleashes hell on the veteran WAVE, which he finds most enjoyable, because David is probably more of a veteran than the opponent, due to a long service and experience in WAVEs, probably at least 10 years more than said opponent veteran.*
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 23:51   #1046
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn sighs, ok then but i am not leaving these Medics ungaurded 5 of your men stay here. this is not me asking but me ordering

Jenn stares him down until Johnson looks away

Jenn mumbles and turns to Candy

Jenn - well lookee here (smiles) seems that our fave air jockey is grounded, and seems that one ground stomper has saved yer butt.

whispers

Candy i am leaving you in charge here is my radio frequency there is a transmitter in the old jeep out back (lots of DM bribes and hugs here )

do not take any s**t from anyone ok.

Oh and the bath water is now warm

Jenn climbs into the WAVE and removes the MG with the ammo

Candy this is yours set it up so that you get a good area of fire, we will be back soon

Jenn climbs into the WAVE once more and carries out the checks

OK johnson lets go

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 17:01   #1047
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:

Hewitt

Your WAVE dashes forward at the enemy, and you let fly with all weapons. The Banshee staggers under the attack for a moment, but then recovers and actually activates its own boosters, charging directly at you. A second later the veteran has passed the minimum range required for your weapons (melee range), and slams its "brass knuckle" equipped fist into your WAVE's "stomach". "Long-range, or close-range, take your pick. Either way you're going to die." The Banshee pulls its fist back for a second blow . . .
You first.

*Hewitt then slams on full power for his boosters and rockets straight up into the virtal sky. Having decided to pull off the crazy stunt he was about to commit to a few seconds earlier, Hewitt told himself that it was all a simulation and that dying was impossible as he suddenly diverted all power to the boosters at the front of his legs, throwing him into a lazy backwards somersault. As he passed over his assailant his mech was 'facing' the ground, giving his weapons a clear shot of the co(kpit window from above. This was his moments chance, so Hewitt let rip with the machine gun and flamethower and hoped to god that he would hit something vital as flipped further forwards. Soon his mech was completely upside down and the ground was nearing, Hewitt hoped to god he had enough energy in booster powercells left to complete the manuover and at the last moment he actually closed his eyes...*

THUD!

*Hewitt had manged, somehow to land the Heron on it's feet again!*

Yeeeehhhhaaaaaa!!!

*Hewitt turned his mech around 180 degrees to see if he actually did something practical during that aerobatic insanity.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 16:55   #1048
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc With any luck, I'll be posting the current battle stats (once I figure out the armor points of the enemy units. If the damage is a bit low, I may give a permenant upgrade to all weapons, doubling their damage. This should speed up a battle quite nicely. ooc/

Crazyboy

Your sensors flash a contact onto the grid for one instant, but it is gone almost immediately. The contact came off to your left, in the direction of the ruined skyscrapper. Most likely a sensor anomaly . . .

Hudre

The Chicken Hawk staggers back under both of your blasts, stumbling back up against a brick wall. You activate your boosters in an attempt to drive the Hawk through the wall. Unfortunately, the Hawk reocvers at the last moment and jets to one side, leaving you to smash into the wall instead.
/ooc Trying to ram a lighter and more maneuverable WAVE rarely works - otherwise every battle would degrade into "ramming" contests. ooc/

Terra

You manage to avoid the missile that the wounded gunship fires at you, and then climb so that you and Mike are slightly above the enemy gunships. You dive down from opposide sides of the pair, and you open fire on the wounded gunship as Mike fires on the other one, before the two gunships can split up and turn the battle into another dogfight. Your gatling guns tear into the gunship's side, and then your cannon punches through the gaping wound in the gunship's armor. The gunship enters into a flat trajectory, smoke trailing from its side. The gunship dips down toward the ground, and then accelerates, until it plows through a skyscraper and the remainning pieces crash land on top of a department store. "Splash one!!" Mike yells, already engaged in a slashing dogfight with his own target.

PK

You sensors pick up about five enemy WAVES and allied ones fighting, as well as several infantrymen fighting on the far side of the battlezone. You come around the corner and find the WAVEs hammering at each other, but too close in to get a really good missile shot. However, a veteran Shogun suddenly emerges from a side alley, and begins to move toward the wild melee.

David91

Together with Vincent, the two of you hammer the Banshee further back into the alley, actually managing to knock it down with repeated gunfire. The veteran does get back to his feet, however, and suddenly activates his boosters to fly up into the air and back up over the alley wall, escaping the two of you for now.

LH

"Very well." says Johnson, looking away and giving the order. You then gather up the machine gun and give it to Candice, as well as telling her what to do if there's any trouble. () Candice nods weakly, and lifts her hand, with effort, to single acknowledgemnet. "She's still a drugged, although I'm going to have to take her off the painkillers soon before we run out." the doctor whispers in your ear after you leave. "She should be fine, but she will still be very weak for awhile." With these thoughts in your mind, you climb aboard your WAVE. You power the massive war machine up, and then start to follow the APC and ambulance. "Comm the ambulance if you experience any problems. That's where I'll be." Johnson informs you, and then you make it to the city without further comment. "Wait here, in that stand of trees." Johnson tells you, and as you move you see that there is a roadblock ahead, on the road that leads into the city. You will have to either destroy all of the guards before they can call for help, or find another way into the city. Of course, Pvt Johnson might be thinking the same thing, as the ambulance pulls up to the barricade . . .

Hewitt

You manage to perform the maneuver successfully, but at the end your WAVE stumbles and you fall face down onto the concrete (not going to let you pull that insane of a move off without some kind of penalty. ) Your sensors cannot tell you what became of the enemy, at least until you push yourself up and regain your footing. Turning, you see that the enemy WAVE is standing operational, but there are small gouts of flame and sparks emerging from the vet's booster pack. Therefore, his WAVE is crippled in the booster department. Although your boosters are drained, they still have enough power to give you a slight advantage. "You'll pay for that." the vet said, and then he began to move toward you again. Suddenly however, a new sensor contact spikes on your sensor grid. Coming through the fog like a vengeful wraith, a Viper appears . . . and it's painted blue with yellow lines, like a circuit board. "Ah ****!! This wasn't part of the simulation!!" the veteran pilot cries, snapping off a rifle shot at the approaching figure. The enemy WAVE somehow dodges the shot, and returns fire, its own rifle slamming into the veteran's right arm.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 17:18   #1049
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"sensor anomaly my ass..."

*Crazy slowly slows down his gunship, banks hard to the left, swerves around two skyscrapers, gently rises and heads towards the grid where the sensor anomaly came from at full throtal and from a good height, checking his scanners for any enemys*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 00:08   #1050
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

The Chicken Hawk staggers back under both of your blasts, stumbling back up against a brick wall. You activate your boosters in an attempt to drive the Hawk through the wall. Unfortunately, the Hawk reocvers at the last moment and jets to one side, leaving you to smash into the wall instead.
/ooc Trying to ram a lighter and more maneuverable WAVE rarely works - otherwise every battle would degrade into "ramming" contests. ooc/

Hudre grits his teeth as he is bounced around in his ****pit, then swivels his upper torso of his WAVE a 180 to fire at the Chicken Hawk before the Chicken Hawk fires at him. Hudre then turns his legs around and checks his sensors for where the vet WAVE's are.