Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2002, 14:50   #901
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Escape: Part 2 of 2

Nick watches the ship's captain walk away, and sighs. Looking around, Nick finds the data pad from where it fell and picks it up. He thumbs the "ON" button, and the pad's screen springs to life, showing him his journal entry that he had been working on earlier today. Nick scans through the text, but comes to a dead halt at the words Melissa has been bugging me about keeping a journal. A firy lance slams into his chest, and Nick doubles over. Heedless of the others around the cargo bay, Nick allows the tears to come. A few minutes later, Nick regained control of himself. Suddenly very conscious of what a fool he must look like, Nick focuses on the journal entry again, and begins to write.

3/15 cont.
She's gone. My fiance is dead, They've taken everything from me. My president, my home, my family and friends . . . everything. They've taken my LIFE from me, but my heart still beats. I guess my body hasn't gotten the bad news yet. I don't know where I will go from here, but I have only one purpose left in my life now: revenge. I am going to do whatever it takes to get back into the ****pit of a WAVE, and then I'm going to hurt Majestic any way I can.

Nick reads back over what he has typed, and decides its good enough. Thumbing the "ON" button again, Nick turns the pad off. Looking down at his hands, Nick suddenly realises that they are shaking with rage. Nick was surprised . . . he didn't think he had gotten that worked up. Standing up, Nick shoves the data pad into a pocket on his uniform, and then walks off, deciding a walk or helping someone would be a good way to work off his anger.

------------

3/18
1:00pm
11th CDF Battle Group
Conference Room of the BC Ajax, flagship of the 11th

"Are you insane?"
"Of course not." Commodore Lee replied.
"Well, your plan certainly makes it sound like you're insane. A Mixed Division of gunships, WAVEs, and powered infantry? You know as well as I do that mixed divisions have always failed!" Vice Admiral Prescott replied, slapping his hand down on the conference desk for emphasis.
"What would you have me do, John? The Illustrious was only about half-finished loading all of the equipment we'd need for a full division of each, and only about a tenth finished loading the necessary personel!"
"So? Keep the extra vehicles as spares, or something. I'd place my faith more in a company of professional pilots rather than an entire division of untrained, inexperienced wackos!" Prescott replied, refusing to be convinced.
"I fully intend on having tests run, and then selecting the best of the bunch. I'll make sure I have the best people I possibly can for the job, and then I'll train them well. Come on, John. Both of us have been through too many battles to know that our backs are firmly against the wall on this one. We've got a nice large fleet of potential recruits aboard the refugee ships, we have to use them! Just like we've got to use every available resource if we want to win this thing."
"<Sigh> Very well Michael, you win. But if this division screws up, I'm pulling the plug."
Lee gathered up his papers, trying to keep the triumphant smile off of his face. He nodded to everyone else at the table, and then left to head back to the Illustrious. He had a recruitment notice to broadcast.

An hour later, a message is broadcast that any civilian wishing to join the Commonwealth Defense Force, may come to the launch bay of the Illustrious. (This means you! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 15:01   #902
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie turns his head as he hears the broadcast. Wondering where the hell he is, he turns back to the Doctor and Nicholas (he was there, right?). "That.. place they want me to go. Where?"

Pushing memories of Earth back in his mind and casting a shadow over a picture of Senta coming up in his mind, he quickly turns his sadness, his grief into anger and violence.

Not having heard a reply soon enough for his liking, he forms a fist and slams it down on something near him (a table or something).

"Where?! They're going to need someone that will do the suicide missions. I'm that man."
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 15:47   #903
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Dave, who is in the middle of an arm wrestling match with Ralph, when he hears the message, turns his head at a speaker, and momentarily lets his gaurd down and loses*

"Ach! Damn you Ralph!"

"Yus! I WIN AGAIN!"

"Bah. That was fluke. I demand a rematch later."

*Dave forked over some rations as a prive to Ralph*

"Common, lets go and join the Common Wealth military. Its not like we have anything else to do"

"Sure, why not?"

*Ralph and Dave head off towards Illustrious launch bay*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 16:25   #904
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
me goes there, since I've got nothing better to do

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 20:41   #905
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
"Gonna be far too full of damn young people; therefore, Vincent, that means that we're joining, otherwise it'll be even more full of damn young people. Now where the heck is this launch bay thingy?"

*David points the last question at the soldier-guy who is with him and Vincent.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 20:58   #906
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
While walking through the halls, Hudre hears someone put up the volume on a T.V, and hears the ad, and then turns to John. "Well, looks like we're making a force, we might as well go into the recruiting office." Hudre goes to the recruiting office

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2002, 10:54   #907
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Mike and I on hearing the announcement realise that they are going to need some experienced Gunship pilots and also some gunners to train the rookie recruits into an effective fighting force.

Besides Mike and i feel both the same that we have a burning desire to seek revenge against the majestic forces that overtook Earth.

Besides the power of revenge can be a deadly weapon if the energy is harnessed in a positive way.

Who knows there may be a promotion in this also as an extra incentive........

"Lets go Mike to the Ilustrious"
Unread 17 Oct 2002, 17:16   #908
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
I don't know.. Maybe no stats is better.. as long as i get to do fancy stuff with shiny weapons?

quality of posts! no bigger weapon win situations.. :\
Unread 17 Oct 2002, 21:42   #909
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi hears the message and thinks carefully. There isn't much the old Gunboat Diplomat could do as a trading vessel now, seeing as the respective fleets will have blockaded their planets shut. This decided, he walks into the bridge and presses the intercom button for the entire ship.

"This is Captain No Dachi. This message is to inform you that I, as owner of the vessel, intend to sign the entire ship up to partake in the Commonwealth Defense Force recruitment drive. Anyone who wishes so is welcome to leave, though I suspect you'll have trouble finding work of any sort in these times. That is all."

This done, No Dachi leaves, regardless of any looks from the bridge crewmen, and heads down to the hold.

---

It is dark down here...

No Dachi is now within the depths of the hold, the permanent cargo, crewman's possesions and such, like an attic. He reaches the very rear of it, right at the stern of the ship where, supposedly unknown to the ship's designers, contracters or the commonwealth authorities, there is installed a WAVE deployment rack, with room for five, but only on filled. A gigantic, metallic hulk, angular and with the paint chipped in places, but clean due to No Dachi's careful service of it. A Samurai, the very first kind of WAVE, the prototype that would lead to an entire new variety of combat vehicle. The old mark of his Platoon, Majestic V Corps, XII Special Company, with the insignia of the unit below, a shield with a lance vertical behind it. So many memories, the fighting when he was first deployed, the being given command of the unit, the victory at Guan-Cha Gorge, the incident at that remote village in the mountains...No Dachi shakes his head to expel the thought from his mind and starts climbing the metal rung ladder up the side of the rack, climbing into the WAVE's ****pit for the first time in two or three decades. The seat is still comfortable, padded. An ejector seat, he wasn't sure if they still used these or not, but they'd saved many a life in his experience. He presses a button, the ****pit canopy hisses shut, sealing with a thud, and straps himself into the seat. His hands grip the controls, feeling at home for the first time in years. He presses the release button, and the WAVE falls from the rack, throguh the hull and into space below where the destroyer is ahnging stationary outside the fleet while repairs are performed. He activates the thrusters, keeping the WAVE steady in space, and coms the Illustrious.

"Illustrious, this is Captain Ishide Morataki of the Maje-of the XII Special Company. I intend to join this drive of yours, please prepare to admit one Samurai class WAVE unit."

Without waiting for a reply, No Dachi guns the thrusters and streaks toward the Cargo Bay of the flagship. His name alone would spark rumours, spreading like wildfire, and the designation of the now ledgendary XII Special Company, the first solely WAVE company to exist, would spark even more, as he had wished. The name would, hopefully, draw some of his old men back to the cause. And they would be old...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2002, 03:49   #910
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Believe it or not, I was at one time considering post quality having an effect on combat. Perhaps I could add that as a (large) modifier. ooc/

Lady Hawk

"Ok, we'll follow your lead." Johnson replies as the men climb back into their APC. You quickly head to the outskirts of the city to find the ambulance parked to one side of the road, waiting. "Goodness! You had us worried. Have you thought of anywhere we could go yet?"

All

All of you report to the launch bay of the Illustrious, to find numerous other hopefuls milling about the cavernous bay. At one end of the bay a podium has been set up, and at the other end a non-alcoholic beverage table has been set up. Standing at attention in front of the podium are uniformed Defense Force men. Their shoulder patches indicate that they are a mix of powered infantry, WAVE, and gunship pilots. A lieutenant suddenly bellows, "Captain on deck!" and Commodore Lee enters the launch bay from a side entrance. Most people in the room come to attention or salute, if haphazardly. The men in front of the podium stiffened into statues, but with a dismissive gesture Lee signaled for them to relax into parade-rest. Commodore Lee then moved to the podium and began to speak.
"Three days ago, we lost our home. And if we want it back, we're going to have to fight for it. I doubt it will be easy, and I don't think all of us will make it through this war alive. But you have all come here in spite of that, because you have determination. You know that for the Commonwealth to continue to exist, you must aid in its defense. I thank each of you for answering the call. But determination isn't enough. The Commonwealth is in dire need of trained, capable soldiers. Soldiers like these men and women in front of me. In time, I hope all of you will come to stand beside them. But for now, the Illustrious has a limited number of berths for pilots and infantrymen. Therefore, we ask that only those of you with some experience piloting gunships or WAVEs, or combat experience remain. The rest of you, please leave the launch bay. If we still have slots left, we will notify you.”
A good three-fourths of the room’s occupants shuffle out of the bay until at least they have all left, leaving you, a handful of others, and Lee. He smiles and then continues.
“I am very glad to see so many experienced individuals here.”
“Experienced? Humph.” Nick snorted. A moment later, a captain from the line of soldiers speared Nick with a glare.
“What was that, recruit?

Nick blinked in surprise, and then a moment later stepped forward from the group. “What I said, sir, was three days ago I fought at Earth. Don’t patronize me with this experience bull****. Give me a WAVE, and I’ll fight.”
“You’ll pilot whatever I give you . . . Nick.” The captain retorted, taking an aggressive step forward. “And if this is the kind of attitude I should expect from you, I don’t know how you’ve managed to get this far.”
Nick bit back a reply, and a moment later Lee barked, “Stand down, both of you!” Both Nick and the captain stepped back into their respective groups, still glowering at each other. Forcing a smile onto his face, the Commodore continued. “Each of you, after signing the formal recruitment papers, will be assigned the temporary rank of cadet. Usually you would go through at least two months of training, but it’ll have to be compressed down to two weeks since that is all the time we have left until we reach Mars. Upon the successful completion of your training, you will all be assigned the rank of private. You will also receive your real equipment on that day. For today, those of you who still wish to join the Commonwealth Defense Force will report to the Quartermaster’s Office. Once there, you will sign the formal recruitment papers, and then select your equipment for use once you complete your training. You’ll also be issued CDF uniforms and shown to your quarters aboard the Illustrious. Finally, you will get a chance to meet your instructor and learn a little bit about your training. Any questions?” There are none. “Good. Dismissed, gentlemen.” With that, Lee turns and exits the Launch Bay. The line of CDF soldiers disperses as well, some staying behind to lead you and the other recruits down to the Quartermaster’s office. Upon your arrival you are greeted by the Quartermaster, a thin, balding man. “Greetings. I assume you’re the new recruits?” Not waiting for an answer, the Quartermaster continues. “Supplies are a bit short right now, quite understandably, of course. So, we are instituting a new resource allocation system. Each of you will be given a set amount of “requisition points”. You will use these to buy and upgrade your equipment. I haven’t figured everything out yet, but completing mission objectives and the like will probably mean that you earn additional requisition points. You get 20,000 requisition points upon sign-up. Once you’ve filled out these forms.” The Quartermaster slaps down a thick slab of paper forms on the table. “You can choose what you like from this current storage list.” The man sets a data pad down next to the forms. “Any questions?” He says with a weak smile.

Note: Ship captains, you manage to catch up to Lee in the corridor outside of the launch bay (if you would prefer to still command a ship as your main duty). You are given the choice to refit your current “merchant” class ships, or take command of a new gunboat as a Lt. Commander, once the battle group reaches Mars. If not, then you join the rest of the recruits down in the Quartermaster’s Office.

/ooc Selections will be posted soon, after I write all of it down. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 18 Oct 2002, 08:06   #911
No Dachi

No Dachi, dressed in his old WAVE jumpsuit with gas mask helmet, due to the somewhat erratic nature of cokpit sealant in early WAVEs, tucked underneath his arm; approaches Commodore Lee in the corridor and listens to the choice. Naturally, he wishes to stixk with his crew and the ship he has commanded for years.

"I shall stick with commanding the Gunboat Diplomat. At present she's two primary laser cannons, a couple of point defense cannons and a five-holder WAVE launch rack. To make her effective she'll need more laser cannons and point defense plus a couple of Gunboat docks."

He sighs.

"But I intend to pilot a WAVE, sir, so I'll be back to the Launch Bay now."

No Dachi salutes smartly before pacing off back toward the room he came from. He starts signing the forms in detail, filling in the unit, prior combat encounters and prior rank boxes before giving a run down of his Samurai's equipment. He also signs on the entirity of the Gunboat Diplomat, owned by him but under separate command (in some situations).

Unread 18 Oct 2002, 08:46   #912
Terra Australis

Mike and i wonder what sort of equipment will be available and also wonder whether the 20,000 points applies to Gunship crews as an Individual or gunner and pilot.
Unread 18 Oct 2002, 21:43   #913
David91

"Bloody hell, this training we're getting better not involve any running around of any sort. 74 years old, half a bullet in my bloody leg and a stiff back. Oh joy."
Unread 20 Oct 2002, 16:31   #914
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Exclamation Finally

/ooc Ok, stats are done and posted below. Pick a vehicle, pick out whatever weapons and extras you want, and you're ready to roll. For those of you who don't want stats, just pick some stuff out, keeping in mind your 20000 point balance. (and no, you cannot take out a loan). If you don't want to do even this, then PM me, and I'll give you my alternative plan. ooc/

Key

Armor: left arm/right arm/torso/left leg/right leg/head
Boosters: how long the boosters last before needing to recharge
Slots: left arm/right arm/left shoulder/right shoulder/torso/left leg/right leg/head

WAVEs

Vehicles

Name: Shogun Mk II
Class: Medium
Height: 17m
Mass: 105 tons
Armor: 65/65/80/60/60/30
Top Speed: 98 kph
Boosters: 30 seconds
Slots: 5/5/4/4/3/1/1/1
Summary: The Shogun is built with heavy combat in mind. It can be equipped with heavy weapons and armor without sacrificing too much speed. However, the Shogun’s extra equipment package is more limited.
Cost: 14000

Name: Heron
Class: Light
Height: 21m
Mass: 90 tons
Armor: 55/55/65/45/45/20
Top Speed: 112 kph
Boosters: 45 seconds
Slots: 4/4/3/3/5/1/1/2
Summary: The Heron is more of a recon WAVE then a front-line one. However, the Heron can still pack enough of a punch to play an active part in a battle, and the increased extra equipment room makes the Heron almost the equal of a Shogun Mk II
Cost: 11000

Weapons

Name: X-4
Type: Pistol
Damage: 1 x 8
Range: 4
Firing Rate: 5
Slots: 3
Cost: 1500

Name: Ingstan SMG
Type: Machine Gun
Damage: 5 x 4
Firing Rate: 6
Slots: 4
Cost: 3000

Name: Ingstan Longbow
Type: Rifle
Damage: 1 x 17
Range: 6
Firing Rate: 3
Slots: 5
Cost: 4000

Name: Kalvex Leveler
Type: Shotgun
Damage: 7 x 3
Range: 3
Firing Rate: 4
Cost: 3500

Name: Kalvex Inferno
Type: Flamethrower
Damage: 9 x 2
Cost: 5000

Name: DD2 Claymore
Type: Sword
Damage: 15
Range: 1
Firing Rate: N/A
Cost: 2000

Name: DD2 Battleaxe
Type: Axe
Damage: 20
Cost: 2500

Name: DD2 Knuckles
Type: Fist
Damage: 12
Cost: 1750

Name: Tidan 7X
Type: Missile Launcher
Damage: 1 x 30
Range: 8
Firing Rate: 1
Shots: 4
Cost: 6000

Name: ZLX-40
Type: Rocket Launcher
Damage: 1 x 3
Shots: 40
Cost: 4500

Equipment

Extra Armor Plating: Adds 5 armor rating onto the area that it is installed in
Slots: 1
Cost: 1500 (due to shortages, the cost is higher than usual)

Targeting Computer: Gives range to target, displays current target on the sensor map, etc. Almost a must-have.
Slots: 2
Cost: 1000

Tactical Computer: Contains a database of known CDF and Majestic unit types. Can display this information, including the status of the current target.

Sensors Upgrade 1: Upgrades your basic sensor suite, giving better resolution and detection for magnetic resolution and light amplification systems.

Boosters Upgrade 1: Upgrades your boosters, adding five seconds onto their burn time before needing to recharge.

Gunships

Vehicles

Name: TX-72 Shrike
Length: 12m
Mass: 65 tons
Armor: 150
Top Speed: 450kph
Afterburners: 35 seconds
Slots: 15
Summary: The Shrike is designed with a bird-of-prey philosophy: sweep in fast and kill fast.
Cost: 12000

Name: TX-45 Nighthawk
Length: 15m
Mass: 70 tons
Armor: 135
Top Speed: 520kph
Afterburners: 50 seconds
Slots: 14
Summary: The Nighthawk is generally used on scouting missions, using its fast speed to avoid AA fire while gathering reconnaissance.
Cost: 10000

weapons

Name: Ingstan Shrieker
Type: Gatling gun
Damage: 10 x 2

Name: Ingstan Crossbow
Type: Cannon
Damage: 1 x 20

Name: Needler
Type: Rockets
Damage: 4 x 5
Range: 7
Shots: 35

Name: Harpoon
Type: Missiles
Damage: 1 x 25
Range: 8
Firing Rate: 2
Shots: 10

Equipment

Extra Armor Plating: Adds 10 armor rating.
Cost: 1500 (due to shortages, cost is higher than normal)

Lateral thrusters: Increases maneuverability

Ammo Bin: Adds 10% ammunition to heavy weapons. Possible risk of accidental detonation, causing extreme damage.

Chaff Pod: Contains a group of fifteen chaff pods, able to possibly divert a wide range of missile types.

Targeting Computer: Gives range to target, displays current target on the sensor map, etc. Almost a must-have.

Tactical Computer: Contains a database of known CDF and Majestic unit types. Can display this information, including the status of the current target.

Sensors Upgrade 1: Upgrades your basic sensor suite, giving better resolution and detection for magnetic resolution and light amplification systems.

Afterburners Upgrade 1: Upgrades your afterburners, adding five seconds onto their burn time before needing to recharge.

powered infantry

Vehicles

[b]Note: Infantry can carry their weapons with two hands, thus the first value of the slots rating is both hands combined. Any weapon that takes up more than 50% of that value is a two handed weapon.
Name: Berserker
Height: 2m
Mass: 5 tons
Armor: 10/10/20/15/15/5
Top Speed: 25kph
Slots: 6/3/3/2/1/1/2
Summary: The Berserker is a common sight on the battlefield among powered infantry. It was one of the first suits that could be equipped with strength enhancers.
Cost: 13000

Name: Ranger
Height: 2m
Mass: 2 tons
Armor: 5/5/15/10/10/5
Top Speed: 15kph
Slots: 4/3/3/5/1/1/3
Summary: The Ranger is one of the few powered infantry suits that do not use strength enhancers beyond what is required to prevent the equipment from crushing the pilot. Due to the very limited armor, most soldiers who use the Ranger are primarily used in recon, and try to avoid combat wherever possible.
Cost: 9000

weapons

Name: .55 Caliber
Type: Pistol
Damage: 1 x 2

Name: 10-Gauge
Type: Shotgun
Damage: 7 x 1
Range: 3
Firing Rate: 4

Name: R-12
Damage: 1 x 5

Name: Kalvex SMG
Damage: 6 x 1

Name: TY – 8
Type: Grenade Launcher
Damage: 1 x 15
Firing Rate: 1
Slots: 6

Name: Kalvex Blaze
Damage: 8 x 1

Name: Kalvex Short Sword
Damage: 1 x 10

Name: Kalvex Brass Knuckles
Type: Fist
Damage: 1 x 9

Name: Kalvex Guardian
Type: Shield
Damage: 25 (can absorb this much before completely destroyed – forever)
Range: N/A
Cost: 2250

equipment

Extra Armor Plating – Adds 5 armor rating onto area that it is added to.
Cost: 1500 (cost is high due to shortages)

Strength Enhancers 1: Boosters the strength of a soldier by adding extra artificial muscles to their suit.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 20 Oct 2002 at 17:11.
Unread 20 Oct 2002, 16:43   #915
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
WAVE

Summary: The Heron is more of a recon WAVE then a front-line one. However, the Heron can still pack enough of a punch to play an active part in a battle, and the increased extra equipment room makes the Heron almost the equal of a Shogun Mk II

Weapons
Left Arm

Right Arm

Left Shoulder

Name: ZLX-40
Type: Rocket Launcher
Damage: 1 x 3
Shots: 40

Equipment

Head

Cost: 1000 (due to shortages, the cost is higher than usual)

Torso

Cost: 500

Money left: 0

Unread 20 Oct 2002, 17:19   #916
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"Ok, we'll follow your lead." Johnson replies as the men climb back into their APC. You quickly head to the outskirts of the city to find the ambulance parked to one side of the road, waiting. "Goodness! You had us worried. Have you thought of anywhere we could go yet?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jenn looks at the Readout of the Nav Comp and looks around,

If we are going to regruop we will need a place to fight from. We will do this journey in two stages.

stage 1 will take us to a farm where i grew up

Stage 2 we are going the head for the Mountain retreat called NORAD. they have underground facilities their and also some advanced computers, we may get a better idea from their as to what to do next also we may pick up some stragglers on the way lets move.

Jenn gives the directions to everybody, also she tells then to gather what supplies they can from the desolation around she gives every one 30 mins for this.

she even goes looking herslef

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2002, 17:29   #917
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Gunship:

Class: TX-45 Nighthawk (10000) (total slots 14)

Weapons: Ingstan Shrieker (Gatling gun) * 2 (4000) (slots 8)

Equpiment:

Chaff Pod (1500) (slots 1)

Targeting Computer (1000) (slots 2)

Tactical Computer (3000) (slots 3)
---

Slots used: 14
Money Spent: 19500
Money remaining: 500

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 20 Oct 2002, 17:41   #918
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

((I woulda just edited my other post, but you can't see the equipment list in the Editing page))

WAVE

Weapons

Left Arm

Right Arm

Name: DD2 Battleaxe
Type: Axe
Damage: 20

Equipment

Torso

Head

Cost: 1500 (due to shortages, the cost is higher than usual)

Points Left: 1000

Unread 20 Oct 2002, 18:32   #919
No Dachi

Name: Shogun Mk II
Height: 17m
Mass: 105 tons
Armor: 65/65/80/60/60/30
Top Speed: 98 kph
Boosters: 30 seconds
Summary: The Shogun is built with heavy combat in mind. It can be equipped with heavy weapons and armor without sacrificing too much speed. However, the Shogun’s extra equipment package is more limited.
Cost: 14000

Right Arm:

Name: DD2 Claymore
Damage: 15

Left Arm:

Name: Ingstan Longbow
Damage: 1 x 17

---

Having finished off the forms and design requirements for his new WAVE, No Dachi stands aside to let the next recruit sign up. Looking around, he takes in the division-to-be with the sharp eye of an ex-commanding officer. Mostly young, in police uniforms. A couple of older looking ones, and a few with that grizzled veteran look in their eye. No Dachi sighs wearily and shakes his head slightly, coming to the unfortunate conclusion that there's no way the 'Mixed Division' would stand up to trained troops in its current state. Training, perhaps, would increase their chances slightly, but in the time the CDF would require the recruits to be ready there wouldn't be enough time to get them into a useable state. Then, No Dachi spots a familiar face. Older than it used to be, yes, but familiar nonetheless. No Dachi begins moving toward the man, who is standing next to another old looking man. Both are in Gunship Pilot uniforms. No Dachi reaches the man, and can't help but smile as he greets him.

"Vincent! Good to see you again!"

(I think you said he was in the same unit as me in the first war...)

Unread 20 Oct 2002, 21:15   #920
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

/ooc Neither of you were in the same unit for The War, but you were in the same, first WAV unit for a short time, during the trial phases. Vincent transfered in just before the incident. And actually, both Vincent and David are WAVE pilots, not gunship ones. ooc/

Vincent turns, and his old wrinked features crease up into a smile. "Ah, my old commander. How are you!?" Vincent reaches out his hand for a quick handshake, but pulls you in close to whisper, "What do you think of the youngsters?"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 20 Oct 2002, 21:22   #921
No Dachi

(Fair enough)

No Dachi whispers back in the way of someone announcing something unfortunate.

"Not looking too good, unfortunatly. It'll take some training to get them up to scratch."

Breaking off the handshake and returning to a straight standing position, No Dachi continues to converse in the friendly, loud tones he was before.

"Fine, fine! How are you? Did you get in the fighting back on Earth? What happened down there, all I knew was I was awoken in the Gunboat Diplomat by the sound of air raid sirens..."

Unread 20 Oct 2002, 21:30   #922
David91

Re: Finally

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH! STATS! GETTEM OFF! GETTEM OFF!

WAVE

Heron

Left Arm
Ingstan SMG

Right Arm
DD2 Claymore

Left Shoulder
Targeting Computer

Right Shoulder
Vacant

Torso
Vacant

Left Leg
Vacant

Right Leg
Vacant

Head
Tactical Computer

Remaining money/points: 1000
Remaining slots: 10 (RS/T/LL/RL)
Unread 21 Oct 2002, 02:14   #923
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
*Scratching his head, Hewitt goes over the parts spec sheet on the datapad. Upon hearing that everyone would receive a new piece of equipment, Hewitt had decided to hand over his old WAVE to the illustrious quartermaster. Sure she was old, but unlike most WAVE's from earth she was completely unscathed abd in good running order. Hewitt was certain somebody would find a good use for her, even it was just for parts. Pushing any regret from his mind for making this decision, Hewitt focused on the task at hand and began to design his new WAVE.*

Mech Chasis:

Equipment Allication:

Left Arm

Right Arm

Head

Resource Points Left: 0

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2002, 09:43   #924
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Any chance of keeping my Drake class?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 21 Oct 2002, 12:14   #925
Terra Australis

Name: TX-72 Shrike
Length: 12m
Mass: 65 tons
Armor: 150
Top Speed: 450kph
Afterburners: 35 seconds
Slots: 15
Summary: The Shrike is designed with a bird-of-prey philosophy: sweep in fast and kill fast.
Cost: 12000

Gunship Modifications

1 Chaff Pod
1500 Credits
1 slot

Targetting Computer
1000 Credits
2 Slots

Instan Shrieker Gattling Gun
2000 Credits
4 Slots

Ingstan Crossbow Cannon

3000 Credits
5 Slots

Credits Remaining 0

Slots Remaining 3

Last edited by Terra Australis; 22 Oct 2002 at 10:32.
Terra Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 04:08   #926
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

All

Although it's not finished yet, you can see my attempt at a website at http://wave2065.tripod.com/. Please feel free to tell me what you think, and what you think should be changed. With luck, I can do some more work on it soon, as well as continue the storyline while I perfect the website and the equipment lists (unfortunately this week is an exam week, so don't expect to see me too much. )

Also, I would like to encourage you to suggest:

1) Any names you have for vehicles, weapons, or equipment

2) Any ideas for weapons or equipment

For #1, every idea I accept is worth 10 requisition pts (up to 50)

For #2, every idea I accept is worth 25 (up to 50)

It's not a very fast way to boost your points, but I don't want to give too big an advantage to anyone who submits a lot of ideas. Feel free to reply or ignore to this as you choose.

PK

/ooc For the sake of arguement, you have 20,000 points as well, and 20 slots to purchase additional equipment for your ship. ooc/

Weapons

Name: Mutor BL-9
Type: Laser Cannon
Damage: 1 x 40
Cost: 6500

Name: Mutor T-12
Type: Torpedo Tube
Damage: 1 x 65
Slots: 10
Cost: 10000

Name: Point Defense Laser
Type: Point Defense
Damage: 5 x 5
Range: 2
Firing Rate: 7

Accessories

Extra Armor Plating: Adds a 100 armor rating onto the hull of your ship.

Extra Turret: Increases the maximum slots of your ship by 5 (LIMIT OF TWO)
Slots: 0

Communications Net: Allows for more coordination between the crew in different parts of the ship, allowing them to react more efficiently (ship fires faster, etc)
Cost: 7500
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 11:19   #927
Terra Australis

I have a few ideas that relate to Gunships.

Mast Mounted sights

Like the Gunships of old 20th Century, the Gunship can be fitted with a sight that can be used to scan for targets and also direct missiles onto the target whilst remaining hidden by terrain.

Thus the gunship can fire missiles onto the target whilst remaining under the protective cover offered by buildings terrain etc.

Mike and i were trying out a prototype of this before the invasion of Earth, but as our gunship was destroyed in the evacuation of Earth we dont have a working example, but we do have the data and schematics of this type of system, and also performance data from the combat operations where we used the sight in action.

Infrared and also Radar Jamming

Both these defence systems would make it harder for an enemy to lock onto the target and thus conserving chaff and other countermeasures only a close flying missile would be attracted to the Gunship which could be decoyed away by a launch of the Chaff counter measures.

Thus this system would allow the Gunship to be able to sneak up onto targets and destory them, and also prevent enemy forces from a distance from locking onto the gunship...

Terrain Guidance Computer

Essentially allowing gunships to fly at very slow speeds below radar and other sensors safely, thus giving a tactical advantage in sneaking up on targets and or evading an enemy or usefull for recon gunships.

Using this system would be tailored in with the automatic pilot thus allowing the gunship essentially to fly itself at very low altitudes and avoid obstacles in the way, thus making low level flying alot more safer, also when the pilot is in manual mode can be used to prevent the gunship from crashing into the ground by activating the collision avoidance system and preventing the gunship from crashing.

Nano Technology

Essentially technology that allows Wave and Gunship pilots to become bonded with there craft in that the sensor data is fed directly into the brain for processing thus extending the sensory perception of the pilot of what is going on around him, also will allow communications to occur between the gunner and pilot telepathically and also with other friendly units in the squadron as well.

This can also be rigged to the controls so that the pilot will control the gunship using thought processes, thus the hands can be used for other functions, though there wtill will be the conventional control methods in the event of a breakdown computer failure ect, the same will also apply to communcations and targetting also.

The advantage of this is faster reaction times and also enhanced performance in combat and also a truelly secure form of communication that is very hard to detect.

That is all the ideas that i have for the moment will let you know if i think of anymore!

By the way the site looks great also!

Last edited by Terra Australis; 22 Oct 2002 at 11:29.
Terra Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 11:51   #928
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

All

Soon, everyone but one person has signed up and designed their vehicle. The one person who hadn't signed up decided to think some more on joinning the Commonwealth Defense Force and left. The Quartermaster nodded as he recieved the last of the orders, and then looked at the door. "I think your trainner is coming . . . " The door slid open, and a balding man that looked more like a tank than a human stormed in. "Fall in! Fall in!! Come on you pathetic excuses for soldiers!! Fall in!" Continued to shout and hurl obsenities at everyone, the man quickly manages to get all of you into a line. "I'm Master Sergeant Steiner, and I'll be your trainner for this flight!! Now we're going to run down to our quarters, and I wanna see each of you going in signle-file down the corridor, double time! MOVE!!"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 11:54   #929
No Dachi

No Dachi growls in a low, guttural way and mutters under his breath.

"Time to test their metal."

Turning at the seargent's order, No Dachi begins walking in a dignified manner toward the quarters, neither running nor even walking at a fast pace.

Unread 22 Oct 2002, 11:55   #930
David91

*David limps along.*
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 12:24   #931
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Dave falls in behind Ralph and quietly whispers to him*

"Damn, we found someone worse than our old police cheif"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 12:28   #932
David91

Whisper: "How about we shoot him when we're training?"
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 12:44   #933
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
*Chuckling slightly at the obvious displease of the others, Hewitt gets into the column and proceeds to jog. As much as he wanted to wait around to listen to the verbal extremities that would thrown at one impertant member who was casually strolling, orders were orders. Then again, he would probably here them anyway if this drill sergeant was anything like his one from his past military days.

Hewitt ran to his quarters, trying to hold back his grin.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2002, 14:39   #934
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

So, basically my ship's gone then?

Name: Drake
Height: 18m
Mass: 108 tons
Armor: 55/55/85/55/55/35
Top Speed: 100 kph
Boosters: 70 seconds
Summary: The Drake is built with speed and close combat in mind. It can be equipped with heavy weapons and armor without sacrificing too much speed. It's reduced leg and arm armour allows greater manouevourability and speed.
Cost: 15000

Name: DD2 Katana
Damage: 40

Suggestions, but I buy these if they're accepted. ^^^

Vehicle Names (Meh needs money)

WAVEs-
Sparkler (Repair chassis)
Striker
Swift
Hammerhead
Gauntlet
Arrow
Gemini
Intrepid
Enforcer
Tauros
Leo
Scorpio
Libra
Orion
Andromeda
Quantum
Samurai
Chimera
Manticore
Dragon
Kraken
Aerosprite

Gunships-
White Falcon
Black Falcon
Osprey
Raptor
Vulture

Suits-
Brutal
Hulker
Piledriver
Scout
Marine
XPT9 Experimental Flight Suit

Unread 22 Oct 2002, 16:25   #935
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally posted by Planetkiller II

Samurai
If anyone's recieving money for that name it's going to be me.

Equipment Suggestions
Laser Lock Unit (LLU) (Wave or Gunship)
Type: Targetting Equipment
Damage: N/A
Range: 400 metres approx.

A small, low power laser unit mounted onto the shoulder of a WAVE or Gunship, at the pilot's command it fires, painting a residual energy dot upon the surface of the target. A separate reciever in the ****pit then locks onto this energy dot, placing a tab on it and highlighting the image on the pilot's sight reticule. The weapon basically allows greatly increased accuracy, as once it detects the dot the reciever can lock onto it automatically.

Ion Lock Unit (ILU) (WAVE or Gunship)
Type: Support Targetting Equipment
Damage: N/A
Range: 200 metres approx.
Firing Range: N/A

This is a hiked-up LLU with a twist, the ion dot it paints provides a much stronger energy signal, capable of being picked up from a much longer distance. While the enormous power required to paint an ion dot onto a target renders this system impractical for targetting uses, it does open up other fields. For example, the dot can be used to allow strike craft in orbit, ground-based artillery or bombers in airfields behind the friendly lines; to aim a barrage or strike at the selected target with a good degree of accuracy (depending on the quality of the weaponry, anything from within 5-50 yards of accuracy). A useful component for taking out very heavily armed targets like capitol ships or ground based gun turrets.

Infantry Support Squad (WAVE)
Type: Additional Command
Damage: Varies
Range: Varies
Firing Range: Varies
Cost: 15000

Not an item so much as an additional unit to command. This upgrade attaches one powered infantry to your WAVE and gives you command of them in the battlefield. This opens up many possiblities, including sending them to clear out buildings or fortifications, etc. One slot is required for the transmitting equipment necessary to reach the various squadmen.

Gunship Escort (Capitol Ships)
Type: Additional Command
Damage: Varies
Range: Varies
Firing Range: Varies
Slots: 8
Cost: 20000

This upgrades your ship's dodcking facilities to include landing pads and berths for two Gunships and their crews. The crews become attached to your ship and are placed under your permanent command, flying as escort. They can be given a variety of orders in the field. A large amount of slots are required for the docking equipment.

Name Suggestions

Misc. (suitable for any)
Centurion
Guardian
Assassin
Ninja
Phalanx
Hessian
Lance
Bayonet
Sabre
Wildcat
Phantom
Wraith
Ghost
Falcon

---

Those are names for classes of vehicle or ship, etc. If you're looking for names for specific capitol ships, for example, I can supply ones for that particular need...

Last edited by No Dachi; 22 Oct 2002 at 16:32.
Unread 23 Oct 2002, 08:51   #936
Terra Australis

Mike and i quickly fall inline and jog to our quarters, amused at the fact that the Captain that rescued us is now going to cop a nice spray from this Drill sergeant.

With the allocations of slots i am not sure how you will take this though, nothing against Inspectre as he has done great job with the stats and the website, but i have been thinking that it would be more logical to divide the slots up into there respective categories..

I.E things like the targetting computer and navigation computer could have designated slots in the Chassis of the gunship or wave as these units do not take to being damaged.

Also due to the fact that electronics would be alot more advanced in the future and also alot more compact this would be feasable.

Another thing Chaff and other defencive measures could again have there own slots allocated as these are items that are of a defencive nature and are generally associated at the rear of a craft... as in the case of present day gunships and also fighter craft.

That way with the small changes, i am not talking like a infinite number of internal slots or defencive slots say a maximum of 4 of each and that would be it.

That would leave more room for the weapons that could be fitted to a wave or Gunship, let me know what you all think of this and if you Inspectre find it a good idea.

The same thing could also be applied to Capital ships also.
Unread 23 Oct 2002, 10:28   #937
David91

Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
Mike and i quickly fall inline and jog to our quarters, amused at the fact that the Captain that rescued us is now going to cop a nice spray from this Drill sergeant.

With the allocations of slots i am not sure how you will take this though, nothing against Inspectre as he has done great job with the stats and the website, but i have been thinking that it would be more logical to divide the slots up into there respective categories..

I.E things like the targetting computer and navigation computer could have designated slots in the Chassis of the gunship or wave as these units do not take to being damaged.

Also due to the fact that electronics would be alot more advanced in the future and also alot more compact this would be feasable.

Another thing Chaff and other defencive measures could again have there own slots allocated as these are items that are of a defencive nature and are generally associated at the rear of a craft... as in the case of present day gunships and also fighter craft.

That way with the small changes, i am not talking like a infinite number of internal slots or defencive slots say a maximum of 4 of each and that would be it.

That would leave more room for the weapons that could be fitted to a wave or Gunship, let me know what you all think of this and if you Inspectre find it a good idea.

The same thing could also be applied to Capital ships also.
I agree, it's very strange having my computer on my left shoulder.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 08:51   #938
Terra Australis

O.k well that is one now what do the rest of you all think????
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 20:54   #939
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre and John run down with the other recruits. "Oh god, the battle looks better than this drill seargent."

Unread 25 Oct 2002, 11:50   #940
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Sorry for my absence, but fortunately I have only one last exam and I'm home free for another 1-3 weeks. Woohoo! With luck I'll be able to get online earlier today than usual, so that should mean a few extra replies for everyone. ooc/

Now, onto the suggestions made by Terra about slots:

My idea for this thread was to make its stats as simple as possible, and thus avoid the confusing and complex resource matrix that is usually the bane of stat threads (for some people, anyway). Hence, having only two resources for everyone: points and slots. I also tried to make the slots as simple as possible, allowing anything to be put on them. In an attempt to limit what could be put where, I set a limited number of slots for each body part. I was going to say that heavy weapons, like rocket and missiles launchers, could be placed on the shoulders only. However, I figured that missile weapons could be built into the arms of a mech, so I placed no limit on anything. The general idea is this:

Head: Computer
Torso: Computer, Extras
Shoulders: Heavy Weapons
Arms: Other Weapons
Legs: Extras

Apparently, however, somebody thought it would be a good idea to place the computer on a shoulder, instead of inside the torso.

If you however think that there is a problem, and it is worth the effort to fix, I could divide slots into two kinds: weapon slots and computer slots.

Since gunships are one piece, and do not have appendages (like WAVEs), I just assigned armor and slots to one overall value. If gunship pilots want, I can divide the gunship into four parts: the classic Bow/Port/Starboard/Aft.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 12:10   #941
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

leave it!

and get one with the thred

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 12:44   #942
David91

ooc: Change that to be in my torso then.
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 17:25   #943
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc

No Dachi: +100 req. pts
PK: +50 req. pts
Terra: +50 req. pts

PK: I will decide all stats in this thread, thank you. You still have your ship, and your WAVE. You have been given 20,000 req. pts to spend as you see fit on each. If you want to keep both your WAVE and ship, I'll type up stats for both, plus whatever equipment you decided to add to each.
ooc/

Lady Hawk

Everyone signals acknowledgement, and soon you are back at the farmhouse of your childhood. The place has been abandoned since your father died, but still looks to be in good shape. You are hunting in the upstairs part of the barn when someone calls out, "Miss Gonzaleze!!?? I think you should come down and hear this!! We found a radio!!"

All

With varying amounts of grumbling, everyone heads down to the crew quarters section of the Illustrious, following the arrows stenciled on the bulkheads at every other junction or so. The sergeant followed along behind, making sure everyone moved at least an easy jog pace. Those that didn't recieved a cuff on the back of the head or a kick in the butt until they did move at a jogging pace. However, the starship captain No Dachi, for his attitude, recieved the sergeant's "special" attention. Striding up behind No Dachi, the sergeant sweeped the legs out from under ND, grabbed him by the back of his uniform, hauled him back up onto his feet, and then roughly flung him against the nearby bulkhead. "YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR LEGS, CADET!!? BECAUSE I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO MOVE!!! OR DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HEARING TOO!!? NOW GET GOING, OR CONSIDER YOURSELF WASHED OUT!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!"
After this example, the sergeant recieved little trouble from anyone else for the day.

Five minutes later, everyone had arrived in the crew quarters section of the capital ship, and were directed to their "rooms" by the sergeant, who read from a clipboard. The crew quarters section of the ship was not much more than a glorified block of bunk beds, stacked four high and stretching for about twenty beds. Everyone had been assigned to Section A, and there were four other similar sections within the ship. The beds themselves were basically sleeping bags, attatched to the bed frame so that in the effect of gravity loss, sleepers would not go floating off into the middle of the crew quarters. Beneath the beds were drawers for clothing and personal items, which contained two uniforms with a broken stripe on the sleves of the shirts (indicating the rank of cadet). The sergeant explained that he expected to see everyone in those uniforms at all times, and where to go to clean them. The sergeant also explained that if you did not wash out, you would be provided with new "private" uniforms upon the fleet reaching Mars. The sergeant, now finished with his speech, drew a thin rod about as big as his hand. Twisting the base of it, the sergeant suddenly flicked his wrist, and the rod extended to about two feet. "This is a combat baton, although I think to call it 'The Rod of Pain'. We're now going to pay a visit to the trainning room, kiddies, and if I think you're moving too slow . . ." The sergeant demonstrated what would happen by thwaping it his open palm. "NOW MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!"

/ooc Not enough time to finish everything, but feel free to post. To let you know what's going to happen, you'll be shown to the simulator room, and will then go through two simulator battles (one "big" battle and the "final exam") before reaching Mars.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 17:34   #944
David91

*David takes note of the fact that the sergeant is younger than him, and grins ever so slightly.*
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 19:11   #945
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
[b]/ooc

No Dachi: +100 req. pts
PK: +50 req. pts
Terra: +50 req. pts

PK: I will decide all stats in this thread, thank you. You still have your ship, and your WAVE. You have been given 20,000 req. pts to spend as you see fit on each. If you want to keep both your WAVE and ship, I'll type up stats for both, plus whatever equipment you decided to add to each.
ooc/
I don't still have my WAVE and ship, 20000 isn't enough for both, so the ship has to be ditched. Also, you didn't say we couldn't suggest stats. I will pick a WAVE configuration, but not right now. When I can decide what I want to downgrade from what I had before.

Unread 25 Oct 2002, 20:52   #946
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre, after looking at his bunk that was on the top, grinned on John, who was on the one under him."Don't worry, I won't fall on you." John glared at him, and then they both saw the "Rod of Pain" and began jogging again to the training room.

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 16:10   #947
No Dachi

Narrowly restraining himself from breaking the seargent's neck, No Dachi nods in a satisfied manner before trooping off after the others, but doing so at a minimal pace. Reaching the quarters, No Dachi looks around and sighs briefly before chucking himself onto a lower bunk. Having found the beds to be rock solid as is usual with military berths, No Dachi contnues to listen to the seargent's speech before Heading toward the training room with the others.

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 18:21   #948
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

The entire party makes its way through the winding corridors of the Illustrious, barely avoiding making a wrong turn each time an intersection popped up. Missing a turn meant having to backtrack back to the intersection where you went wrong . . . where the sergeant was waiting, the "Rod of Pain" in hand. Finally, everyone dashed through the doors marked "Simulator Room", the sergeant right behind, cursing and hurling obscenities at everyone's retreating backs. Once inside the room, almost everyone stopped to catch their breath, bending over from the fire in their chests, or rubbing the spots where the sergeant had smacked them. Looking around, one could see that the room was long, two rows of black "pods" stretching both opposite sides of the room. "This is the Simulator Room, and these are the simulators that you shall train in!" The sergeant said, touching a control on a "pod" near the door. The back of the pod slid back, revealing a worn padded seat and control board. Looking past the seat, one could see that they are designed to slide back into the cramped recess that was the rest of the pod. The inside of the recess appeared to be a screen of some sort, probably used to display whatever scenario the trainers wished. The sergeant went on to explain when everyone would train in the simulators, and that in one week you would be fighting against the senior officers (the veterans) of the 52nd Mixed Division. One week after that, you would all participate in the "final test" battle, which would decide whether you would go on to fight in a real vehicle, or sit out the rest of the war. "We begin tomorrow, and you punks have a lot to learn. ALL of you. If you think that modern vehicles handle anything like the crap you piloted before entering the CDF, you'll not only be dead wrong, you'll be DEAD!!" At this the sergeant shoots a side glare at ND. "And you had better win the battle against the senior pilots, or there will be **** to pay!! DISMISSED!!!"

3/18

Well, it looks like I'll get my chance to pilot a WAVE after all. This Sergeant Steiner seems to be a real hard-***, but I'll only have to put up with him for two weeks. Then, we'll have reached Mars and this accelerated training program will be done. And then I'll have my WAVE . . . my instrument of revenge. Heaven help the first Majestic ******* that I encounter.

3/21

I stand corrected . . . Sergeant Steiner IS a hard-***. Everyday for the past three days it's been the same: get kicked out of bed by that sob at 5am, gulp down breakfast and get dressed for assembly at the launch bay by 6am, then run through the corridors of the Illustrious to the Simulator Room in the most roundabout way possible. I think the sergeant is trying to drill a schematic of the ship's various hallways into us, but he's doing a pretty poor job of it. I've still gotten lost twice so far, and got a good taste of his "Rod of Pain" each time. Oh well, at least I'm getting some good practice in the ****pit. The sergeant may be scum, but he's a good teacher in the simulators . . . if a little demanding. I'm trying to convince him to allow me to come down here for training after-hours.

3/25

Today is the big day. Today we face off against the vets. I'm not so sure we're going to win, but I know that I will give a good showing. For the past two days I've managed to log some extra time into the simulators, thanks to Captain Kerensky. I bumped into him at the gym four days ago, and talked to him about getting some extra simulator time. He managed to convince Sergeant Steiner to reconsider his "answer" to my request, so now I'm allowed to practice while on off-duty. Apparently, the sergeant doesn't want us to log in extra time because the rest of the 52nd Division is training at that time. Still, there's always an empty simulator pod or two available for me to use. With that extra time put in, I should be able to show enough skill to remain in the Division. The sergeant was right, though: the new Shogun Mark II's handle a lot different than my old Shogun. It's quicker, faster, and the control interface is a bit different. I like it, now that I've got most of the controls figured out.

3/25
CBC Illustrious

"All pilots participating in the mock battle, report to the simulator room immediately. Repeat, all pilots participating in the mock battle, report to the simulator room immediately."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Oct 2002, 18:31   #949
No Dachi

Reeling with anticiption; No Dachi, aka Ishide Morotaki, makes his way through the corridors to the simulator room. He does not deviate from the correct path once, having taken care to memorise the route and even having made the trip during their narrow hours of spare time in order to memorise it better. These new WAVEs handled differently to the ones he'd used. All electronic guidance systems and such, the pilot's role in it all predictably downsized. He narrowly avoids forming a sentence beginning 'in my day...' in his mind, shuddering involunatirily. He was getting old, and he didn't like it one bit...

He arrives at the situation room presently and awaits instruction to load into the pods.

Unread 26 Oct 2002, 18:32   #950
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre runs to the simulation room, him and John seeming to be the essence of serious. This Drill Seargent had spraked a change in both of them, to the better. Hudre stood and waited for the briefing that was going to happen.