User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Sep 2002, 21:27   #851
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre

"Heh." is John's only response, and two minutes later you are both outsides the ship. Maneuvering Booster Reserve: 98%the console flashes. The WAVE now handles like a gunship, only slower in speed. Your targetting sensors report that there's about fifteen enemy gunships buzzing about the shuttle, along with three WAVEs. A Majestic shuttle is also incoming, no doubt packed with Majestic troops.

Hudre goes to his targeting system and looks for a WAVE. Once he finds one, Hudre grins, this is where his shotgun is gonna be of great use. hudre throttles his WAVE towards the other, quickly gaining, but not firing. Hudre tries to come up on it's side, and attck when near minimum range from the enemy.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2002, 18:44   #852
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On Hearing the news that we are going back into the maelstrom of combat, thinking to myself what good i could do with my Gunship! strapping myself into the seating, abnd making sure the trusty oxygen mask is near incase of the worst possible scenario!
Unread 24 Sep 2002, 21:35   #853
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"We were just about to fall back when Victor took a couple in the chest. He took us to go, and that he would recover us. As we fell back, I heard Victor firing almost constantly, then several other bursts of gunfire, and Victor's weapon fall silent. I think he's dead . . . he almost certainly would be with those wounds."
As Johnson mentions how Victor died you cannot help thinking about Candice and if she is alright. Noticing that there are three jeeps approaching, you warn Johnson. "Nah, we'll stay and fight as well. We've got a surprise for them." he said, climbing out of the APC fully. He claps his hands and reaches down into the APC, and re-emerges with a rocket launcher cradled in his arms. "Alright, I'm going to deploy my troops into an "ambush" formation. You just walk out there and kill stuff." Johnson said, directing the powered infantrymen that were pouring out of the APC with hand signals.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn thinks b****r not another comrade down.

Ooops thinking about the injured brings back the memorys of Candice.

Deciding to use the old hide behind a large building a shoot things routine, jenn guns the WAVE and waits until the ambush gets underway.

Her plan is simple to just walk out there and kill stuff

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 04:23   #854
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
David91

The man leads you and Vincent down the corridor, and turn left and into a room. You follow him inside as the door slides open for you, and see that the small room has several "beds" and "chairs". "Strap yourself in." The man said, pulling himself into a chair that was bolted to the floor of the room. He then buckles the seat belt and several other restraints to prevent him from flopping about the room during any wild evasive maneuvers.

No Dachi

"Aye sir." the Gunner replies. In the viewscreen you can now see the shuttle, and it is being swarmed with Majestic units. There are about a dozen gunships in close proximity to the Commonwealth shuttle, and two WAVEs. Two smaller shuttles are on approach vectors, and their ID clearly reads Majestic. "What do you want me to target first, sir?"

PK

"Aye sir. Picking up a wing of gunships on an attack vector . . . and blowing them out of the sky." The view screen changes to show a group of seven gunships slicing in for a strafing run. The PDLs discourage them of this, damaging two and destroying one outright before the rest break off. "Sir, I'm picking up two shuttles with Majestic IDs maneuvering to dock with the Commonwealth ship." The sensor operator reports.

Hudre

The WAVE seems to be focused on engaging two Commonwealth gunships with its machine gun. It does finally notice you, however, and begins to fire its booster jets, swinging around to face you. At this point you fire, your shotgun stripping a good part of armor off of the Banshee's right arm. It returns fire with its machine gun, but you are continuing to approach, throwing off the pilot's aim slightly. As a result, only about half of the burst hit you, mostly shredding your useless arm. The Banshee jerks to the right and into a slight spin as John fires his rifle, catching it in the right shoulder. The Banshee suddenly ignites its boosters, pushing it backward, away from both you and John, trying to giving itself more room to fire.

Terra

There does not seem to be much you can do in this situation, and Mike shares your frustration. "I wish I were out that too . . . but hey, at least we're still alive. We can always get a new ship."

Lady Hawk

Your sensors show that the jeeps are slowing to a stop, just as they are obscured by the building you are using for cover. Obviously, the "ambush" formation wasn't going to be much of an ambush. "Alright, hit them!!" You hear Pvt Johnson yell over the comm, and then the swoosh of a rocket being fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 07:37   #855
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
"Feel free to discourage them."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 08:01   #856
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
"Target the shuttles."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 14:44   #857
Terra Australis

Sitting around waiting With Mike for something to happen!
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 16:38   #858
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
"In my day, you just bloody well held on to something and hoped your arm didn't become dislocated!"

*David reluctantly sits on one of the chairs and straps himself in.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2002, 21:09   #859
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre doesn't let up, and boosts as quickly as possible at the enemy WAVE, going at a certain angle to put his useless arm in the path of attacks from the WAVE. Hudre begins firing at the WAVE.

Unread 28 Sep 2002, 04:45   #860
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Lieutenant Alloway of the Omega Letters allowed himself a small smile as he piloted his Viper into an easy lope after a fleeing Commonwealth infantryman. The man ducked in between two low hangers in an attempt to escape from him, eliciting a soft chuckle from Alloway. Turning his WAVE to expertly follow without slowing down, Alloway decided that he was tiring of this game and activated his targeting system. Locking on, Alloway triggered a single shot from his machine gun. The bullet caught the man in the leg, causing massive trauma and effectively hamstringing him. The man tumbled forward into a heap, but still tried to crawl away. Alloway piloted his WAVE so that it loomed above the terrified man, and then lifted his WAVE's right foot. "Good-bye, insect." Alloway said, slowly lowering the WAVE's massive foot down on the Commonwealth infantryman. A few inches from the man's chest, Alloway stopped his leg's motion, allowing it to hang there. Finally, Alloway pulled his WAVE's foot back and turned away contemptuously. "Take him." He said to the waiting group of Majestic infantry crowding the mouth of the alley. Immediately the group rushes forward to drag the Commonwealth soldier onto his feet and carry him off to a detention area. "Report on your progress, Lt. Alloway." Driscoll's voice crackled over the comm.
"Sir, I have received several reports that the pilot ejected from his WAVE and boarded a ship just before it took off. Unfortunately, this ship seems to have escaped into orbit, and I am receiving reports that it has linked up with a Commonwealth Battlecrusier."
There was a momentary pause, and then Driscoll responded. "I see, lieutenant. Very well . . . he cannot run forever. Especially since you will follow him to the very orbit of Pluto, if need be."
"Sir, I request that - "
"You have your orders, Lieutenant. Follow that pilot and bring him back to me, whole. We have some unfinished business."
"Very well, sir. I request that I be placed in command of a squadron of Omega troops. That should be sufficient resources to accomplish this mission."
"You will not be given command of a single Omega unit until this mission has been completed. I will ensure that you can requisition sufficient resources from other areas. I believe that you have a shuttle to catch. Driscoll out."
"Yes, Sir Driscoll. Alloway out."

PK

"Yes sir." The Gunner said with a predatory smile. Lances of PDL fire bracket one of the shuttles, and then a blast from a laser cannon strikes it amidships, burning away armor plates. The shuttle lists to one side, and then breaks off, fleeing back to the safety of the Majestic capital ships. "Sir, the other shuttle is drifting and venting air. I'd say the threat to the shuttle is . . . sh*t. Sir, the nearby Majestic gunships and WAVEs have opened fire on the shuttle with deadly intent! If they can't capture it, I guess they're going to destroy it!!"

No Dachi

"Aye sir." The Gunner replies, tapping in the commands that would swing around the frontal PDLs to open fire at the shuttle. A line of flash melted pits appears in the shuttle's armor as the PDLs stuttering laser fire impacts. More armor is burned from the shuttle's starboard side as one of your ship's laser cannons locks on, and finally the Gunner launches a torpedo as the coup de grace. The massive projectile is hit by point defense fire and detonates a short distance away from the shuttle, but the explosion still serves to rupture the shuttle's hull, slamming it into a spin as it decompresses explosively. "Looks like the other shuttle is pulling back . . . sir! The remaining Majestic units are firing on the shuttle with deadly intent."

Terra

/ooc Another post or two and you'll have plenty of stuff to do again. ooc/

David91

You just barely hear the young man mutter, "Yeah, and I'll bet in your day they used leaches for medicine."

Hudre

The Banshee continues backing away, firing wildly at you. Your damaged arm absorbs most of the punishment, and suddenly a large portion of it flies away, sheared away by inertial forces. The Banshee suddenly changes direction, however, and streaks past you, still firing. "He's going for the shuttle!" you hear John yell.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Sep 2002, 10:17   #861
No Dachi

"Well, we can't have that, can we. Quartermaster, report how much space we've got in the Shuttle Docking Bay."

The Quartermaster begins busily hammering buttoins on his console.

"I'll have the information in just a second sir."

"If we've only got space for one shuttle and one's already there, ejttison the current and leave the doors open. If we've got space for two then just prepare to take another aboard."

"Aye sir, information's coming up now."

Unread 28 Sep 2002, 11:32   #862
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Fire on anything that shoots at the shuttle, and hurry up with that docking procedure thing!

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 28 Sep 2002, 12:30   #863
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Dave floats around in the cargo bay*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2002, 17:11   #864
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre quickly cuts his booster power, and then swings his arm around, turning his WAVE. Hudre engages the boosters fully during the turn, and goes after the Banshee, Hudre's now lighter WAVE going faster. Hudre goes up a bit, to be over the Banshee, and when he arrives over it, fires at the back of the ****pit.

Unread 28 Sep 2002, 21:09   #865
David91

"I heard that, young man!"
Unread 30 Sep 2002, 23:49   #866
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

/ooc Here's an interesting question . . . why would a ship that really is nothing more than a big shuttle, need shuttles of its own? ooc/

"Well sir . . . if we pushed the shuttle against the far wall of the shuttle bay, we might have enough room to carefully cram that second shuttle in, but we don't have time for that." the quatermaster replies, and the chief enginner replies, "Aye sir, jettisionning the other shuttle." "Wait! The Illustrious is closing!" On the viewscreen you can see a brilliant azure bolt of light lance out from the Commonwealth battlecrusier, just missing the shuttle as it burns several Majestic gunships and WAVEs in an act of desperation. This scatters the remainning Majestic units firing on the shuttle, giving it a chance to zip ahead and dock along the Illustrious' spine. "This is Commodore Lee. All units, fall back." The Commonwealth Battlecruiser began to ponderously turn around on an escape vector.

PK

"Aye sir." A gunship suddenly explodes as several bolts of PDL fire tear into its ammunition bin. One of the few Majestic WAVEs in the area also was mauled badly by the Gunner, and he ceased hammering it when the WAVE began to spin helplessly. Suddenly, a lance of light shoots across the viewscreen, vaporizing several gunships and a WAVE. "That shot came from the Illustrious, sir. The shuttle is closing to dock now." You all watch as the shuttle slips in to attach to the spine of the Commonwealth battlecruiser, then recieve a transmission from the Illustrious. "This is Commodore Lee. All units, fall back."

Crazyboy

The deck suddenly shifts around you, and you see one of the walls rush up to you. You manage to absorb the shock with your legs, but wonder if you might not want to find something to hold onto or strap yourself to, and quickly.

Hudre

You manage to snap off another shot at the WAVE, scourging a good chuck of armor off of its back. A brilliant flash suddenly fills your ****pit, and when you manage to see again, the Banshee was gone. Off to your left, you see the massive shape of the Illustrious as it approached to dock with the shuttle. "Ok, looks like that energy beam scared them off . . . shuttle is docking . . . let's head back." John says.

David91

The man opens his mouth, shuts it, and opens it again, but before he can say anything, he is thrown against the side of his seat. "Told you so." the man grumbles, rubbing his shoulder where it had been rammed into the chair's armrest.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 30 Sep 2002, 23:52   #867
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy looks around for something to hold onto, and pushes himself towards it and holds onto it*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 1 Oct 2002, 02:49   #868
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre activates his boosters and sighs in relief as he docks. "Well John, we really weren't needed out there....." Hudre glares at John.

Unread 1 Oct 2002, 07:17   #869
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

OK, you heard the man, get us out of here.

Unread 1 Oct 2002, 08:07   #870
No Dachi

"That's the signal, Helm get us the hell out of this mess, Gunners concentrate on point defense. Everyone hold tight."

No Dachi is pressed into his seat as the ship swings round away from Earth, he hastily opens an open channel to the rest of the ship from the armrest.

"All hands and passengers buckle yourselves in, we're going out fast and this ought to be a pretty bumpy ride."

Unread 3 Oct 2002, 16:08   #871
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

Your sensors show that the jeeps are slowing to a stop, just as they are obscured by the building you are using for cover. Obviously, the "ambush" formation wasn't going to be much of an ambush. "Alright, hit them!!" You hear Pvt Johnson yell over the comm, and then the swoosh of a rocket being fired.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn guns the wave into action she decides to attack the jeeps from the rear.

moving to the rear she cuts off their retreat.

she then shoots the nearest jeep with the intent of taking the jeep intact but killing the occupents.

she will of course target any weapon the jeep has first if it proves a threat.

Unread 3 Oct 2002, 17:05   #872
David91

Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
David91

The man opens his mouth, shuts it, and opens it again, but before he can say anything, he is thrown against the side of his seat. "Told you so." the man grumbles, rubbing his shoulder where it had been rammed into the chair's armrest.
Did you? I only recall you telling us to strap ourselves in.

*David smirks because he was only jolted slightly.*
Unread 9 Oct 2002, 02:20   #873
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

The Escape: Part 1 of 2

/ooc This is for everyone, it basically is a long post describing your escape from Earth. Read if you wish or don't, as Part 2 will have more of an immediate effect on your future. At this point in the thread, warmups are over. I've been working on a webby which I hope will soon be ready to go, which will contain a lot of info. I've been trying to determine how the battles will operate from now on, and have narrowed it down to three optons.

1) No stats - Basically the way the thread is now, strictly post quality deciding the outcome of the battle, unfortunately is may limit the amount of equipment and vehicles I will present.

2) Light stats - This is my prefered method, but I will go with one of the other two if there is strong disagreement with it. Basically a very simple stat system to give context and value to the store I intend to create, where RPers can buy new vehicles and weapons. There will be only a handful of stats that matter, which are

Vehicles: Armor (used for vehicles = hp),
Speed (basically do you want a fast, light vehicle or a slow, heavy one?)
Slots (how much stuff you can cram in)

Weapons: Damage (how much damage the weapon does)
Firing Rate: (How fast the weapon fires, mostly relative: ie, shotgun fires slower than a machine gun
Range: (How long of a range does the weapon have, also relative for the most part: ie, rifle has more range than a shotgun)

3) Heavy Stats - Thread becomes completely stat based, RPers can customize their vehicles a lot, with each piece having an effect of its overall performance (kinda like the Armored Core series, for those of you who have played it) /ooc

Bridge of the Illustrious
6:45 pm

"The shuttle has docked, sir."
"Good . . . now get us out of here, maximum speed." Commodore Lee ordered, leaning back into his command chair. As his crew raced to command the lumbering behemoth that was the Illustrious to turn for an escape vector, Lee allowed his bluish-gray eyes to roam about the bridge. A man in his early seventies, Commodore Lee had served as an officer in the Commonwealth military for almost half of that time. Although he could have been promoted to the Admiralty, Lee preferred to have command of only one or two ships, and thus had remained at the rank of Commodore despite his experience.
"Port armor has dropped to 47%, sir." An ensign called out, and Lee muttered a curse. "Rotate us 27 degrees and increase point defense in that area.”
”Aye sir!” the helmsman answered, and Lee felt a shudder run through the ship as it rolled to present undamaged armor plates to the enemy capital ships.
“Transfer all power from the energy beams and torpedo bays to the engines. Send a message to all friendly ships, advising them to stay close.”
“Yes sir.”

Several minutes later the Illustrious was on an escape vector, a large group of refugee ships trailing behind like a school of fish. The Illustrious did not provide covering fire, but instead charged through the Majestic blockade, absorbing most of the weapons fire from Majestic’s capital ships. The price was high, however.
“Hull Breaches on Decks 7-10 and 13-15. There is still fierce fighting on Deck 4, and the Security Chief believes that there may still be some pockets of resistance on Deck 6.”
Lee closed his eyes upon hearing the reports of what his ship had gone through. “Are we clear of the blockade yet?”
“Yes sir . . . the last Majestic capital ship has fallen astern . . . but a group of Majestic gunboats are moving to pursue.”
Lee smiled grimly, and then said, “Let them come.” The school of fish and the whale continued on course, heading for the Moon, the group of Majestic gunboats slowly closing the gap. When the Majestic fleet had attacked, they had swept past the Moon, destroying any installation that fired on them, and landing two regiments of WAVEs and three regiments of infantry to secure the Moon.
“Sir, those gunboats will overtake us in seven minutes.”
”ETA to Lunar orbit?”
“Three minutes, sir.”
“Take us around in a slingshot orbit.”
The Illustrious turned slightly to port as it closed with the Moon, preparing to enter into an orbit that would use the Moon’s slight gravity to increase the Illustrious’s speed slightly. This slight acceleration would not match even the gunboats’ raw speed, however, and they obviously knew that as the wing of boats matched the Illustrious’s maneuver. Another two tense minutes passed, and the sensor operator announced, “The gunboats are within firing range of the rearmost civilian ship, sir.”
“Acknowledged.”
“Sir! Picking up multiple contacts ahead of us . . . they’ve got Commonwealth ID’s!” the sensor operator gasped.
“Say hello to the 11th Battle Group.” Lee said with a slight grin.
A minute later the gunboats came within line of sight of the Commonwealth fleet, and began to break away . . . too late. Brilliant lances of light streaked out of the leading ships of the Commonwealth fleet, hammering apart the gunboats’ armor.
A few seconds later the viewscreen showed what appeared to be pieces breaking off of the lead ships: torpedoes, all arrowing in on the wounded light capital ships. One Majestic gunboat was completely destroyed, and two others floated helplessly, leaking air like sieves. Only the fourth and rearmost gunboat was operational, having just enough power to limp away.
“Receiving a communication from the flagship, sir.” The communication officer reported.
“Put it through.” Lee commanded, already knowing who it would be.
The viewscreen was replaced with a view of the flagship’s bridge, centered on a balding, middle-aged man: Vice Admiral John Prescott, Commanding Officer of the 11th CDF Battle Group.
“Welcome to the ambush, John.” Lee said, cracking a rare smile.
“I’m just glad that my Battle Group was returning from maneuvers around Venus at the time. Now that we’re here, I was thinking about taking back a little place called Earth . .”
“Forget it, Vice Admiral. Earth’s a lost cause for now. Our only hope is to fall back and regroup at Mars.”
“<Sigh>, I figured we were too late. I suppose now you’ll tell me that the 11th Battle Group wouldn’t have made a difference even if we had been here.”
Lee nodded remorsely. “We got our heads handed to us. The 11th might have bloodied them a bit more, but then the Commonwealth would be shorter of that many more capital ships.”
“How bad is it?” Prescott asked, settling deeper into his own command chair.
“Bad. What’s left of the Earth Defense Fleet is staggering back to Mars in bits and pieces. A lot of refugee ships have launched and are attempting to escape as well. You might notice that we’ve picked up a few stragglers ourselves.”
“I see . . . well, I guess the 11th will head to Mars as well. Want to merge your fleet with mine and head their together?” The corners of Prescott’s mouth twitched up into a smile.
Lee tried a mock scowl, and replied, “Sure, although I think you’re getting the better end of the deal.”
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 9 Oct 2002, 03:46   #874
Terra Australis

Am holding on tight, in my buckled up harness, and awaiting the jump to mars, though with all that has happened, Mike and myself have a burning desire for revenge.

As Earth dissapears in the distance, i cant but help wonder the fate of those that were not fortunate enough to make it off the planet!

One day we will be back....... my last thought as i drift off into a deep and peacefull sleep!
Unread 9 Oct 2002, 08:15   #875
No Dachi

Re: The Escape: Part 1 of 2

Quote:
Vice Admiral John Prescott, Commanding Officer of the 11th CDF Battle Group.
Nice to see our Chancellor of the Exchequer is moving up in the world...

Unread 9 Oct 2002, 17:58   #876
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

oh brill and what about me......left on earth to fend against the bad guys.....!

Unread 9 Oct 2002, 21:35   #877
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Terra

/ooc Part 2 should be typed up shortly. In the meantime, do you have any preference for the stats? ooc/

No Dachi

/ooc Yes indeed, although this would probably be John Prescott Jr. :d ooc/

Lady Hawk

/ooc I suppose that either makes you special, or expendable. :d ooc/

You circle around to come up behind the three jeeps, and as you cross the streets to your target you can see that one of the jeeps is already a burned out wreck, no doubt the result of the rocket launcher. You also catch glimpses of Majestic and Commonwealth troopers in powered armor blasted away at each other, trying to use their vehicles for cover . . . at least until the second jeep disappears in a fireball. Finally reaching the back of the Majestic force, you see that the driver of the last jeep is attempting to make a frantic get-away, having shifted his vehicle into reverse and gunning the engine. You fire a single shot into the body of the jeep, tearing off of the back wheels and causing the jeep to slew around into a lightpost. The driver still does not give up, however, shifting the vehicle back into first gear, and attempting to zoom past your WAVE, sparks flying from the place where the missing left rear wheel would normally be located.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 9 Oct 2002, 21:39   #878
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Id like light stats, that'd be good, but I really dont want heavy stats.

Unread 10 Oct 2002, 16:50   #879
David91

No stats!
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 17:32   #880
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

light stats

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 17:37   #881
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Where am I?

And if I get a say.. Light
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 18:24   #882
No Dachi

Light stats.

---

Captain No Dachi, or so his adopted identity would have it, sighs with relief, feeling the built up tension wash out of him. He stands up and turns his head to look at his bridge officers.

"Well done, all of you. That was a tough situation back there, and you were every bit as able and responsive as I hoped you would be. Set the computer on autopilot following the Illustrious, and get the Engineering Crews started on hull repairs, then all of you get some sleep, it's been a long day."

No Dachi turns and floats out of the bridge, before stopping and turning back again.

"Oh, and get the rotation systems working, I'd like at least some gravity, and I'm sure the passengers do as well."

He floats out toward the corridor, opting to take the runged ladder down to Deck 2 rather than the elevator. This done, he properls himself along the main, central corridor of the ship before reaching the midships ladder that runs vertically throguh the entirity of it. Grabbing hold of the rungs, he launche himself down the shaft, gradually slowing down due to air resistance, before stopping at the cargo level as he calculated, he'd made the trip many times before. This done, he takes another short trip down the corridor before reaching the nearest door to the cargo hold and opening it. The ship's gravity generators start just as the door opens, and the entire construct begins rotating around the central axis, creating an artificial gravity. No Dachi touches down softly before walking through and into the cargo hold. Once inside, he walks down the aisles between the refugees held clear by the hold crewmen, glancing about with a smile and looking for anyone looking in need of information or help. It'd be a long voyage to Mars, and it;d help to know his passengers.

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 21:24   #883
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hudre/Lady Hawk

/ooc Ok, looks like light stats are leading for the moment. ooc/

David91

/ooc I know you don't like stat threads, but I can assure you its nothing complex. Indeed, if you don't want to bother with the stats at all, just pick out whatever you want to buy, and don't worry about the stats. If you still have concerns about this becoming a stat thread, PM me. ooc/

Fluffie

/ooc Wb. And of course you have a say. ooc/

(As I recall your last post invovled hitting your head or some such thing).

You slowly swim out of inky darkness to open your eyes to a soft pastel green color. A few seconds later you realize that someone is speaking, a few seconds after that, you realize that someone is speaking to you. "Ach, lad. How err yu feeling?" Turning your head, you see a red-haired man in a doctor's jacket looking at you. "He's as strong as a bear! How are you feeling, comrade?" Turning your head the other way, you notice that Nicholas is lying down on a medical table a few feet away. "Since ya seam ta be fine, I'll undoo ya straps now, laddy." The doctor hits a control, and the straps (which were to prevent you from floating about the medical bay), loosen, allowing you to sit up. Instead of flying off the table, however, you remain on it . . . apparently the ship is generating gravity somehow, which is a pleasant surprise.

No Dachi

"Aye sir, with the acceleration we should have to only have to set the spin generators to half-speed." the chief engineer reported, tapping in the necessary commands. You feel an ever so slight tremble run through the ship as the spin generators' arms extend from their niches within the ship, and begin to turn, using power directly from the ship's fusion reactor. The bridge crewmen each toss you a quick salute as you exit the bridge, and make your way down to the cargo bay. You pass through the cargo bay, pleased to notice that any injured civilians were being given first-aid by your crew, or being led down to the medical bay for more serious treatment. Most of the refugees, and even some of your crew, have a blank look on their faces, the result of the shock from their entire world being turned upside down, and then taken from them. You pitch in to help wherever you can, and even offer a kind word or two to those that look especially distraught. Pushing through a group of people, some trying to move out of your way in respect, you suddenly notice a man in NYPD uniform sitting on a small cargo crate, a look on quiet anguish on his face. Judging from the insignia, he is a WAVE Rider. There is a computer pad resting on the cargo crate next to him, but his interest is on some type of necklace that he is holding in his left hand . . . no, a locket.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 21:31   #884
No Dachi

No Dachi cringes inwardly. Apparantly this man had lost a loved one, he'd seen the symptoms before. As he walks over to the pilot, his mind quickly runs over the register of crewmen aboard the ship as he tries to remember if there's a psychiatrist aboard or not. Reaching the man, No Dachi grabs the handle of an empty plastic food crate and pulls it in front of the man, sitting down on it so as to face him.

"You okay there, buddy?"

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 21:47   #885
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

The man looks up with a bit of a confused look on his face, he'd obviously been staring at the locket and daydreaming. Up close now you can see that the locket contains two pictures: one picture a close-up shot of a beautiful woman's face, the other of this woman and this pilot both standing together in a park somewhere, back on Earth probably. "Huh? Oh yeah . . . I'm fine, thanks." The man resumes staring at the locket. You about to say something when the man chuckles. Bitterly. "Yeah, I'm doing just fine." the man spits the last word out, and then resumes looking at the locket again.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 21:53   #886
No Dachi

No Dachi sighs.

"You obviously aren't, my friend."

He decides that no matter how painful it's going to be for the WAVE pilot, No Dachi is going to have to make him think of the lost one before he can pull out of the depression. He points at the locket, knowing what he's about to do is cruel but has to be done before the man dwells too deeply on his loss.

"Who's that in the picture?"

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 22:05   #887
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

You circle around to come up behind the three jeeps, and as you cross the streets to your target you can see that one of the jeeps is already a burned out wreck, no doubt the result of the rocket launcher. You also catch glimpses of Majestic and Commonwealth troopers in powered armor blasted away at each other, trying to use their vehicles for cover . . . at least until the second jeep disappears in a fireball. Finally reaching the back of the Majestic force, you see that the driver of the last jeep is attempting to make a frantic get-away, having shifted his vehicle into reverse and gunning the engine. You fire a single shot into the body of the jeep, tearing off of the back wheels and causing the jeep to slew around into a lightpost. The driver still does not give up, however, shifting the vehicle back into first gear, and attempting to zoom past your WAVE, sparks flying from the place where the missing left rear wheel would normally be located. [/b][/QUOTE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking with an evil glint at the the jeep, Jenn decides enough is enough, she drop kicks the jeep as far as she can.

sighing with releif she also decides to take out the rest of the majestic forces, either stomping on them or kicking them.

She is trying to keep the ammo expenditure to a low cost.

Once she has cleaned everything out she signals to the new chappie that they need to get going and follow the Ambulance.

She turns to galnce at the ruined space/air port, and sees the last of the transports leaving.

Jenn - Damn looks like we will be on our own, now where can we head. I will be damned if i stop doing my job. Majestic broke the law and i am still an officer of the law.

But where can i go?

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 22:09   #888
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

"M-my fiance." the man says simply, gazing down at the picture. A slight flicker of a smile creaps across his face, but it is submerged by his sorrow almost as quickly as it appeared. "She is - was my fiance." The man added, his voice breaking with a sob. "She - she died - during the - the fighting. I can still s-see it clearly, in slow motion, you know?" At this point the man stands, covering his face with his right hand. "I can still remember the look on that b***ard's face." a note of anger creaping into his voice. "And I can still remember how I did nothing! NOTHING!!" the man shouts, turning to kick the cargo crate with all his strenght. It flew through the air of the cargo bay, and it was fortunate that the crate was empty, and the gravity slightly below Earth-normal: he would have broken his foot otherwise. Several people turn to see what the commotion is all about, but shrug and continue about their business after the scene was over. Everyone had too much suffering of their own to deal with. Meanwhile, the man had begun to stagger off, leaving you still sitting on the cargo crate, wondering if you should go after him. It is at this point that you notice the man has a shoulder holster, and within that holster is a pistol.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 22:32   #889
No Dachi

No Dachi stands and grabs the man by his jacket, pulling him bacl down onto the crate with his right hand while removing the man's pistol from its holster with his left and spinning it around his finger, before placing it on the floor out of reach, all in one fluid movement. This threat removed, No Dachi stares straight into the man's eyes. He'd been hit hard, and though No Dachi had some experience in psychology it was mostly to counter battle trauma, fear and the like. And of course the less pleasant side...interrogation, and such...

"Listen to me. Listen to me!"

He shakes the man by the shoulders.

"Now, I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, lad, I lost my parents, both of 'em, in a crash. I've never had a fiance-not that I believe that 'better to've loved and lost' crap, but there's a point to it. You have to snap out of it. Yes, you've lost her, but you've still got your own life to live. Think of what she'd want-"

No Dachi glances at the locket and reads the name off it.

"Would Melissa want you to sit around weeping for days on end? Or would she want you to blow your brains out with this?"

No Dachi picks up the pistols again, twirling it around his left figner, noting the safety is off.

"I don't expect she would. I expect she'd want you to pick up your life and run with it, to be happy and to keep on fighting the Majestic at every chance you get."

No Dachi pauses. Depending on how good he'd done that, the man would either go over the edge or snap out of it. Quickly, No Dachi opts to try and impress him, hoping this will make him trust his counsel more.

"I'm Captain No Dachi - but, that's not my real name, you know. My real name, and rank, is Captain Ishide Morataki."

No Dachi vainly hopes his real name as captain of the pioneering WAVE unit hasn't faded from the memories of the populance quite yet. Maybe they used him in Academies ro something as an example...

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 22:41   #890
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Fluffie

/ooc Wb. And of course you have a say. ooc/

(As I recall your last post invovled hitting your head or some such thing).

You slowly swim out of inky darkness to open your eyes to a soft pastel green color. A few seconds later you realize that someone is speaking, a few seconds after that, you realize that someone is speaking to you. "Ach, lad. How err yu feeling?" Turning your head, you see a red-haired man in a doctor's jacket looking at you. "He's as strong as a bear! How are you feeling, comrade?" Turning your head the other way, you notice that Nicholas is lying down on a medical table a few feet away. "Since ya seam ta be fine, I'll undoo ya straps now, laddy." The doctor hits a control, and the straps (which were to prevent you from floating about the medical bay), loosen, allowing you to sit up. Instead of flying off the table, however, you remain on it . . . apparently the ship is generating gravity somehow, which is a pleasant surprise.
Och, am I still drunk? I remember getting drunk

"Och, where's Nessie?" Fluffie asks, his first reaction to the Scottish accent. He looks around, finding himself in a sickbay. He looks around again, wondering what the hell he is doing in a sickbay. Bringing up his hand to scratch his head, he wonders what the hell is going on...

Going through his thoughts he recalls entering the ship.. and drinking. Thinking of the drinking, he checks his body to see if he has any signs of a hangover.
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 22:57   #891
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Lady Hawk

Both of your WAVE's feet slam into the back of the jeep, caving it in from the impact. The blow also has the effect of accelerating the jeep suddenly, enough so that the driver looses control and skids head-on into a brick wall. After picking your WAVE back up and checking your monitors (you've noticed that your back armor has decreased slightly where you landed), you look at the jeep. The front is crunched up like a Soda can, and you can see a man's hand hanging limply out of the driver's window. Satisfied, you turn back to rejoin the battle to find that for the most part, it's over. You do manage to take down one powered infantryman by yourself, however, blasting him in the back as he stood over a Commonwealth soldier, and then again when he attempted to get back up. After the third pistol shot, he did not stir. "Ok everyone, let's get out of here." Pvt Johnson said, and you feel slightly relieved that at least he didn't go and die on you. You mention the ambulance to him on a private channel, and Pvt Johnson agrees. "Alright, let's go see if we can find it. We should be able to hide out in the country, at least for awhile. You have any idea where we could stay?"

The memory of your summers spent living on a farm nearby come flooding back . . . and at the forefront is the memory of that day, the last day you spent.

"I refuse to let you join the police!! And certainly not as a pilot of one of those ****ed machines!!"
"But father, you were once a -"
"I was young and foolish back then. Maybe I still am foolish, but don't consider yourself welcome here if you join those maniacs!!"

No Dachi

The man doesn't offer any real resistance as you take his sidearm from him, and spin him around back onto another nearby crate. The man blinks at you slowly, amazingly peaceful considering his outburst of anger a moment before. He was defianetly in severe shock and tramua at the moment. The man nods, thoughtful for once. "I know she'd want me to live on with my life, but there's only one thing I want to do now." The man's voice had sunk lower, quieter . . . more dangerous. "I want to kill that SOB who took her away from me. I'm going to kill him, even if its with my last breath."
The man looks up at you again when you mention your name. You can see the pent-up fury in his eyes. "I remember reading about you in the textbooks . . . one of the first to pilot a WAV, right?" The man grabs you by the shoulders, his eyes still smoldering, but with a hint of desperation in his voice. "Can you teach me? The man . . . that man is too good of a pilot for me . . . I couldn't beat him . . . I couldn't save Melissa . . . nor avenge her." The man slumped back onto the crate, exhausted. "Thanks." he mumbled. "I guess I needed that."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 11 Oct 2002, 23:01   #892
No Dachi

No Dachi feels like sighing with relief but doesn't, instead he smiles.

"Any time, I don't want to see a good WAVE pilot go to waste. As for the request, it's been a while since I piloted a WAVE, in all honesty. Not something you forget though, so I'd be glad to give you and any other pilots here a few pointers. Matter o' fact, my old Samurai is still in the Hold somewhere..."

His eyes narrow.

"As for revenge, I can understand that, and I can vouch for it. Not something the COs will like though, so let's keep it between you and me eh?"

No Dachi picks the pistol up and hands it back to the man.

"You might want to keep this."

Unread 11 Oct 2002, 23:03   #893
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

Your reflexes seem a bit slow, but other than that you feel oddly fine . . . no headache, no sudden urges to dunk your head in the toilet before emptying your stomach . . .
The doctor holds up a medicine bottle of some kind and shakes it, you can hear the pills rattling about inside. "Anti-hangore pills. I remembae mae first time oot tooo."

No Dachi feels like sighing with relief but doesn't, instead he smiles.

"Any time, I don't want to see a good WAVE pilot go to waste. As for the request, it's been a while since I piloted a WAVE, in all honesty. Not something you forget though, so I'd be glad to give you and any other pilots here a few pointers. Matter o' fact, my old Samurai is still in the Hold somewhere..."

His eyes narrow.

"As for revenge, I can understand that, and I can vouch for it. Not something the COs will like though, so let's keep it between you and me eh?"

No Dachi picks the pistol up and hands it back to the man.

"You might want to keep this."

No Dachi

The man accepts the pistol back and reholsters it. "Thanks. I'm Nick Andrews." he says, offering his hand. (You presumably shake hands). "I'll talk to you later . . . right now I just want to be alone for awhile." Nick says, picking up the cargo crate he kicked, setting it back up before sitting down on it. Nick also picks up the data pad from where it had skittered onto the floor.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 12 Oct 2002 at 20:03.
Unread 12 Oct 2002, 20:16   #894
No Dachi

No Dachi shakes the man firmly by the hand before standing up to leave.

"Sure thing Nick, I'd advise that you try and get some sleep. I plan to myself as soon as I finish my rounds here. Fairwell."

No Dachi turns and walks away, heading down the aisles with more smiles and quick chats to anyone he thinks needs them. Finally, nearly asleep on his feet, he makes his way up to his quarters,which are quite spacious, for a starship, and without taking off his uniform, drops into a deep, deep sleep.

Unread 13 Oct 2002, 04:22   #895
Terra Australis

Light Stats........
Unread 13 Oct 2002, 11:46   #896
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

NO stats

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 14 Oct 2002, 13:47   #897
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre, after docking with the ship, exits his ****pit, climbs down the WAVE, and takes a look at it.

The WAVE stands there, one armed, bullet holes in various place. Hudre looks and sees a few clo0se one to the ****pit, and then laughs.

"Hey John, it kinda looks like the Terminator, you know, at the end, one armed and with bullets riddled all over him, my WAVE needs a vacation." Hudre realizes it's not really that funny, as John raises his eyebrow questionably at him.

"Uhhh, let's just check out where were going, and if we can get me a new sword and some repairs."

Hudre starts getting out of the docking bay.

Unread 14 Oct 2002, 19:13   #898
David91

Quote:
David91

/ooc I know you don't like stat threads, but I can assure you its nothing complex. Indeed, if you don't want to bother with the stats at all, just pick out whatever you want to buy, and don't worry about the stats. If you still have concerns about this becoming a stat thread, PM me. ooc/
ooc: Most of the time it's not that it's complex - it's just very boring and not particularly efficient, because if we have the freedom to type what we want in our posts we should have it judged by post quality. Heavy stats are for RPGs with health-bars etc.

ic: *David looks around rather confused about what has happened, as he hasn't been able to see what has been going on outside of the room which he is strapped into.*
Unread 15 Oct 2002, 14:01   #899
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Both of your WAVE's feet slam into the back of the jeep, caving it in from the impact. The blow also has the effect of accelerating the jeep suddenly, enough so that the driver looses control and skids head-on into a brick wall. After picking your WAVE back up and checking your monitors (you've noticed that your back armor has decreased slightly where you landed), you look at the jeep. The front is crunched up like a Soda can, and you can see a man's hand hanging limply out of the driver's window. Satisfied, you turn back to rejoin the battle to find that for the most part, it's over. You do manage to take down one powered infantryman by yourself, however, blasting him in the back as he stood over a Commonwealth soldier, and then again when he attempted to get back up. After the third pistol shot, he did not stir. "Ok everyone, let's get out of here." Pvt Johnson said, and you feel slightly relieved that at least he didn't go and die on you. You mention the ambulance to him on a private channel, and Pvt Johnson agrees. "Alright, let's go see if we can find it. We should be able to hide out in the country, at least for awhile. You have any idea where we could stay?"

The memory of your summers spent living on a farm nearby come flooding back . . . and at the forefront is the memory of that day, the last day you spent.

"I refuse to let you join the police!! And certainly not as a pilot of one of those ****ed machines!!"
"But father, you were once a -"
"I was young and foolish back then. Maybe I still am foolish, but don't consider yourself welcome here if you join those maniacs!!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn remembers the farm and the torrid time that she had there after her mother died.

Well it was better than nout for the moment.

She tells Johnson, ok lets find the Ambulance and then we will head for a place I know.

Jenn then gets on the Radio frequency of the Ambulance to find out where they were.......

Unread 15 Oct 2002, 14:13   #900
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

Your reflexes seem a bit slow, but other than that you feel oddly fine . . . no headache, no sudden urges to dunk your head in the toilet before emptying your stomach . . .
The doctor holds up a medicine bottle of some kind and shakes it, you can hear the pills rattling about inside. "Anti-hangore pills. I remembae mae first time oot tooo."
"Wicked..." Fluffie grins, while looking around. Looking at the pills more closely, he smiles a kind of evil smile and tries to grab it. "Can I take a few of those with me? One never knows when they might come in handy "