User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Aug 2002, 20:32   #751
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Fluffie

You sleep the sleep of the dead, blissfully unaware of what is going on around you. At least, until someone starts slapping you.
Fluffie wakes up immidiatly, his mind feeling like there is a thick fog in it. However, he feels the slappings and he grabs the wrist off his slapper in a tight grip, while quickly opening his eyes and growling..
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 21:25   #752
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi jerks upright in his chair, slamming his fist on the right armrest as he does so.

"Coms, open frequency transmission to all Commonwealth forces in the area, and to the remaining capital ships on the ground."

Coms: Aye sir.

"This is Captain No Dachi of the Gunboat Diplomat. Our shields are at fifty percent and we are in danger of being swamped, in addition to this our hold is nearing full capacity. We are lifting off now and heading for the nearest friendly territory, any and all remaining Commonwealth forces requesting transit off the planet will have to board one of the two remaining ships..."

No Dachi pauses, thinking of the men he's left behind who will become POWs for Majestic. He shakes his head, trying to destroy the line of thought as it originates, and thinks instead of how many men will die unnecessarily if the ship's engines fail and it is ripped apart by cannon fire.

"Close the channel! Cargo Master close the Cargo Bay doors, Helm takes us off the ground and prepare co-ordinates for Alpha Centauri immediately, once the engines are fully charged take us into the atmosphere, we'll sling shot around the moon for added speed and then align ourselves after we're a safe distance away, I want us going full throttle on exit, we have to get through that Majestic capital blockade."

Coms: Yessir, channel closed.

Cargo Master: Bay Doors closing sir.

Helm: Roger that Captain, lifting off, powering up all systems, setting Alpha Centauri into the navigation computer...

No Dachi leans back, tense and with his heart going a mile a minute, before giving orders again.

"Coms, patrch this through to the entire ship."

Coms: Aye sir.

Every speaker on the ship, including those in the Cargo Hold, are switched to the microphone on No Dachi's chair.

"This is Captain No Dachi speaking, all hands prepare for immediate inter-system transit. Hold on to your breakfast, people, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

With this reasurring comment, No Dachi closes the channel.

---

The above post is working on the assumption that Alpha Centauri, being the closest system to ours, is colonised and not a Majestic stronghold. If either of these facts are true then replace the name with that of the nearest Commonwealth system.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 21:54   #753
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Dave hears the Captains announcement*

"Inter-system transit? Sounds fun. Bet it won't be as bumpy as flying at tree top level, when the trees are a foot taller then you expect"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 01:01   #754
Immortal Squish

Squish finds a clear spot to sit down and take a rest.

As he makes himself confortable, he ask a crewman nearby if they know if the soldiers still in the Pentagon made it out.
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 01:51   #755
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Waiting for the Doctor to arrive continuing to hold the Bandage in place until the doctor arrives to stem the bleeding...... you also look around on hearing the announcement for something to secure myself and Mike in before we go on this inter system jump.

Wondering also whether there is some sort of medical bay to secure Nicholas also!
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 03:30   #756
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
/ooc Sigh . . . perhaps it’s mostly my fault, but some RPers have been making several rather incorrect assumptions lately, most especially about the technology available. So . . . . . .

1) Almost everything, from buildings to vehicles to WAVEs, is powered by a fusion engine of some sort. The engines are small and very efficient, along with having several fail-safes. However, if the fusion reactor sustains serious enough damage, it will go critical. The resulting explosion usually is enough to seriously damage anything within the blast radius (a couple meters for WAVEs and vehicles, quite a bit for capital ships). This of course doesn't include shrapnel. Fortunately, as I said earlier there are numerous fail-safes, so unless you deliberately empty a clip point-blank into a fusion reactor, you should be fine.

2) Humanity has colonized virtually all planets/moons within the Solar System, but beyond that, there are no human colonies. There is no such thing as an interstellar drive, although there was some talk of sending a type of Ark ship to Alpha Centuri a few years ago.

3) There is no such thing as shields, or forcefields. Thus, there are no real hovercars (except for the ones that ride on a cushion like current-day models). Instead, most vehicles and ships are coated with a material called "dextrium" (named after the scientist who discovered it). This material is somewhere between one and two factors of ten stronger than steel, but it also brittle (much like the element tungsten). Thus, when hit the vehicle/ship loses part of its coating, until its destroyed, etc etc etc Melee weapons are made more out of an alloy of dextrium than a coating, this allows them to hack through the armor plating of most things, as the armor has only a thin coating of the stuff. Also, dextrium is rather rare and expensive to produce, which is why coating or alloys are used more than just building a vehicle out of dextrium itself (also because of its brittleness)

4) Although lasers are used (mostly aboard capital ships at the moment), the majority of weapons are projectile in nature. Also, while lasers are used in point-defense turrets and cannons, they are used in short bursts instead of long, continuous beams. This is most because of power requirements and heat, but also because lasers were found to lack enough punch to seriously damage a target if used continuously. Thus, energy beams were created. Energy beams are still mostly photons (light), like lasers, but now they contain ions and other particles to pack more punch. The energy requirements are still very steep, and see use only one the larger classes of capital ships (until Majestic figured things out, obviously. :rolleyes)
Hopefully, this should solve ours problems with assumptions. Any other questions about the thread, feel free to PM me. ooc/

PK

/ooc You also have Hudre on board your ship. ooc/

As you are getting out of your powered down WAVE the ship suddenly twists and bucks, almost throwing you headlong from your two stories up ****pit. As you make your way to the bridge, the ship twists and dives several more times, evidence of heavy evasion maneuvers by the helmsman. Staggering onto the bridge, you ask where you could go. "Perhaps we should just worry about getting out into space right now, sir?" the helmsman asked, rapidly tapping in commands at his console.

Hudre

At this point a powered infantry man leaps out of a tank that comes charging up to the ramp, and then dives into the ship. The ramp immediately begins to swing upward, and you hear the loudspeaker set up in the cargo bay announce: "Attention, the ship will be lifting off immediately. Everyone brace yourselves for sudden changes in acceleration."

Fluffie

You find that it is one of the ship's crewmen, and he explains rather hurriedly, alarmed by your reaction, "Sir, that man over there asked me to do it!!" Looking over to where the man is pointing, you notice that Nicholas is being strapped into a gurney. Upon seeing that you are looking at him, he smiles and waves.

No Dachi

/ooc See the above post. I would let you try that again, since the alternative is for everyone on the bridge to look at you like your a lunatic and force you to undergo several psychological tests. Fortunately, you including a butt-covering disclaimer, so I'll just reply as best as I can. ooc/

"Sir, the closest place we could go is the Moon, or Mars. Of course, we're going to have to get out of here first." A shooting star suddenly appears in the viewscreen; a few seconds later it resolves into the flaming wreckage of a ship, gutted before it could even leave the atmosphere.

Crazyboy

"Well, the ride out of orbit should be fun." Ralph mutters, stuffing his winnings into his pockets.

Immortal

/ooc That's Senate. ooc/

The soldier looks around, and nods sadly. "Yup . . . except for a couple guys that stayed behind for a futile last stand, we're all that's left of the CDF in the capital."

Terra

Several doctors and nurses suddenly sweep into the cargo bay, and rush over to you and Nicholas. "We've got a lot of wounded people down here, but I suppose we'll take him first. Alright people, let's give him some mild painkillers and take him down to the medical bay for operation." The medical people quickly give Nicholas several injections, and then load him onto a gurney. Nicholas grips one of the nearby crewmen and whispers something into his ear. The man clearly disagrees, but Nicholas only becomes more resolved, until finally the man agrees. He goes over and slaps Warren (Fluffie) across the face until he wakes up. Warren reacts rather badly, but looks at Nicholas, who then waves cheerily as the nurses wheel him away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 06:24   #757
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

"I-I see. Well then, nice meeting you." Claire says and then walks over, heading over to another group of people, these in CDF uniform.
Yeah you too.

*Hewitt goes off to do some random task.*

ooc: Is this ship going to leave the atmosphere some time soon or what?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 08:35   #758
No Dachi

Sorry, sorry. When you told me there were other colonies apart from Mars I assumed you meant out of system as it's the only semi-inhabitable planet in the system apart from Earth. Thing is, you can't expect people to know these things without telling them, so...

Quote:
Perhaps it's mostly my fault
Yes, it is

---

No Dachi thinks carefully. If Majestic have Earth then they have the moon, so going there would mean certain death to himself, his crew and the transportees in his hold.

"Very well, head for Mars, but still slingshot round the moon and keep it all at full throttle..."

No Dachi considers sounding the Brace alarm and have the crew and passengers strap themselves in...

Unread 30 Aug 2002, 09:33   #759
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Yes, perhaps that might be a good idea. What's our situation?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 12:09   #760
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Fluffie

You find that it is one of the ship's crewmen, and he explains rather hurriedly, alarmed by your reaction, "Sir, that man over there asked me to do it!!" Looking over to where the man is pointing, you notice that Nicholas is being strapped into a gurney. Upon seeing that you are looking at him, he smiles and waves.
Fluffie grins back and then looks at the crewman, muttering something that sounds like an excuse. Then grabbing the man's arm he pulls himself up and begins following Nicholas, using the wall, various people and random objects to keep his balance, making his way into the ship, but not quite able to keep up with the gurney with Nicholas and thus.. Quite getting lost
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 18:29   #761
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hewitt

/ooc Sure. ooc/

The deck suddenly tilts under your feet, literally throwing you off your feet and sending you rolling down the now steep slope of the deck, to crash into the pile of bodies now stacked on the far wall, which has suddenly become a "floor"

A few seconds later, the intercom system buzzes to life. "Attention. We're sorry for the sudden movement, but the captain decided it would be best to cruise through the atmosphere for awhile, and then suddenly shoot up into orbit after moving some distance away from the capital. Please remain calm, especially when you enter the zero-gravity enviroment that will occur once we leave Earth's gravitywell in one minute. If you feel sick, make your way to one of the vomit bag dispensers along the cargo bay walls. The deck then begins to level out again, although you can tell that the ship is trying tearing up through the atmosphere.

No Dachi

Quote:
Originally posted by No Dachi
Sorry, sorry. When you told me there were other colonies apart from Mars I assumed you meant out of system as it's the only semi-inhabitable planet in the system apart from Earth. Thing is, you can't expect people to know these things without telling them, so...

Quote:
Perhaps its my fault
Yes, it is

/ooc Double sigh . . . the "battery of psychological tests" option is looking better and better . . . ooc/

"Understood sir. However, there are several Commonwealth bases on the Moon . . . it possible Majestic will have forces in orbit around the Moon as well." the Helmsman countered, continuing to juke the ship around to avoid the now constant enemy fire.

"I'll send out the message for everyone to buckle down to avoid injury during our extreme evasive maneuvers, sir." the communications officer replied to your order.

PK

"We're about two minutes from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere, sir." the sensor operator reported.
"Perhaps we should warn the everyone, especially in the cargo bay, that they are about to experience zero-gravity conditions?"

Fluffie

Somehow you stagger after the gurney, your head pounding, your legs shaking. The deck bucks and tilts under your feet as the ship goes through evasive maneuvers, but you manage to keep yourself upright. Finally, however, you lose sight of the gurney, and become completely lost. You mill about the ship's corridors for awhile, when a running crewman suddenly comes around a blind corner and runs straight into you.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 30 Aug 2002, 18:50   #762
No Dachi

"Very well."

No Dachi continues to sit at the chair, his hand tightly gripping the armrests more from the tension of the situation than the buckling and turning of the ship, which he is by now firmly accustomed to. Suddenly, he snaps off some orders.

"Sensors, report our current position in relation to the upper reaches of the atmosphere and the nearest tailing Majestic forces."

Unread 30 Aug 2002, 20:34   #763
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre presses a button on the control panel, locking his WAVE's legs in place. Hudre thinks of getting out, before realizing it'll be much less pressure to just stay in his WAVE t'ill the acceleration ends. Hudre observes the powered infantry that dived into the ship.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2002, 06:07   #764
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

"Thirty seconds until Earth Orbit!! We currently have about twenty gunships swarming all over us." There is a bright flash as a energy beam stabs downward at your ship, but thankfully the attack was only a glancing blow. Thankfully also, gunships weren't build to take the same amount of punishment as capital ships. "Uh . . . make that about nineteen now sir." ()

Hudre

You watch through the ****pit window as people slide and are tossed about the cargo bay. You also sway slightly within your ****pit, but forunately your safety harness holds, as do the magnetic locks on the soles of your WAVE's feet. You hear on the intercom something about zero gravity, and how you will be experiencing it in about one minute.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Aug 2002, 10:29   #765
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie bounces back, the back of his head going against a wall first. Passing out again, the lifeless body slides down to the floor where it lays in a rather uncomfortable looking position, though the owner of the 'vehicle' doesn't really seem to react to it :\
Unread 31 Aug 2002, 12:29   #766
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
OK, good idea. Lets just hope we survive long enough to get there

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 31 Aug 2002, 13:36   #767
No Dachi

"Good shooting, keep it up! Remember that we're trying to keep them off as much as we're trying to destroy them, shoot defensively. Keep that throttle high, transfer extra power to the engines and our shields!"

---

Fluffie awakes a short while later, lying in some sort of bed, and is immediately aware of a horrific mix of noises, the bucking of the ship beneath him and an immensely bright light shining into his eyes from overhead. Suddenly, a figure of some kind leans overhead and blocks out some of the light before retracting again.

"Doctor! This one's awake!"

Another shape suddenly appears silhouetted against the light, and a harsh Scottish accented voice is suddenly shouting in his ear.

"Listen t'me very carefully lad! Can ye walk, and are ye wounded anywhere?"

Unread 31 Aug 2002, 16:09   #768
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre grins. It could be quite funny to watch the people float around, also Hudre's getting the hell away away from the fighting, maybe he wouldn't see any for a while.

Unread 1 Sep 2002, 02:01   #769
Terra Australis

Strapped in and all safe, is there anything that i can do i ask over the intercom.....
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 15:38   #770
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

/ooc ND seems to have explained your situation well enough. ooc/

PK

"Understood, sir. Making the announcement now." the communications officer turns back to her control board, and soon speaks into the mike, "Attention: we will be entering zero gravity conditions in a minute. Please secure yourselves so that you do not float off.

No Dachi

"Transfering power to the engines and the - shields!!? Sir, are you having flashbacks to your childhood again, when you watched Star Trek all the time?" the Helmsman asked, whirling around to face you, in a mixture of confusion and worry.
"Got one." the gunner interupted, his annoucement underline by a tiny tremor that ran through the ship as a gunship exploded only a few meters from the ship's hull.

Hudre

"So, what are you going to do?" John's voice suddenly comes from the comm system.

Terra

"You've done enough for now. Just sti back, relax, and let us do the flying."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 16:21   #771
No Dachi

"I never watched Star Trek."

Mutters No Dachi sullenly, before slumping back into his seat.

Unread 1 Sep 2002, 16:24   #772
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Dave continues trying to play cards*

"Getting a bit bumpy"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 16:25   #773
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

"Well, I guess we shuld find out where were going, and when we're gonna attack again." Hudre powers down his WAVE and opens the ****pit and steps down.

Unread 1 Sep 2002, 16:54   #774
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*PK secures himself*

"How long till we clear orbit? Also, keep an open comm to the other vessels, we want to make sure we all go to the same place i think."

Unread 1 Sep 2002, 17:35   #775
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

ND

"Yeah right." the Helmsman mutters under his breath as he turns back to his console. You begin to feel much, much lighter - you are about to enter Earth's orbit. On the viewscreen, you can see the sky go from a blue to a midnight blue, and finally to a black. An instant later you can see stars, and directly ahead of you, several battle crusiers and destroyers. "Hang on!!" the Helmsman says, putting the ship into a spin to avoid a barrage of laser cannon fire.

Crazyboy

Suddenly, the cards float up out of your hands: you must have entered Zero-G. A moment later you realize that you are floating as well.

Hudre

You throw open the ****pit, undo your safety harness, and stand up to climb out of the WAVE's ****pit. However, your feet suddenly leave the floor, and you float upward until your head bumps up against the canopy.

PK

"We've entered Earth Orbit now, sir." the sensor operator reports, and then suddenly frowns. "Sir, there are two battle cruisers and three destroyers directly in front of us: they must by the source of energy beam fire that we had to avoid on the way up."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 18:02   #776
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
David91

The man reaches into a nearby cabinet, pulling out a first aid kit. He rumages through that, then pulls out a couple of compression bandages and hands them to you, along with some disinfectant (the iodine kind that burns like **** ). The man puts the kit back in the cabinet, and then helps several more people climb into the ship. Once they're all in, he man hits the door controls and the ramp retracts while a door slides closed, protecting you from the gunfire that was following the last two people in, both gunship pilots from the police department. You recognize them as Paul Zukov (Terra) and Mike Caspian. The man listens to a portable radio for about a minute, and then turns back to you and the others. "Seems we've just got a transmission from a CDF captain wanting a ride. We're moving to pick him up."
ooc: Agh frig. I was in CA for two weeks, update me Inspectre.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 18:21   #777
No Dachi

No Dachi doesn't even blink when he starts floating off his seat but does swim his way back down to it and strap himself into it by the arms after a few moments to avoid being smashed against the walls of the room like an overripe melon by the force of the ship's spinning.

"Keep us going at full speed, fire the primaries at whatever's shooting at us to give them something to think about."

Last edited by No Dachi; 1 Sep 2002 at 18:39.
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 18:30   #778
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Ah buggerit. Thats totally gonne ruin our game" :/

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 1 Sep 2002, 19:25   #779
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"Fire all weapons in their direction. It won't do much, but we might as well. See about getting us out of here and somewhere remotely safe"

Unread 1 Sep 2002, 22:24   #780
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

/ooc Considering your piloting a machine at least two stories tall, I rather doubt wrestling moves are going to work on man-sized targets. ooc/

A few seconds after you fire into the underside of the tank, the hatch pops open and the men swarm out, running away from "this lunatic" and their downed tank as quickly as they can.

Turning to face the soldiers and the barricades, you find that you don't even have to jump over them. Lifting up one of your WAVE's massive feet, with a quick kick the wooden barricade goes flying, slamming into a powered infantryman so hard that it throws him backward. The remainning infantry scatter, as it is obvious they cannot win against your WAVE. A few more kicks and the road is clear of barricades, allowing the ambulance to procede without further incident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn - sits back and for once can think about relaxing for 2 mins she then picks up the blood stained thermos and drinks all of the last coffee.

She then turns over the CD and listens to forever young again by tyketo

she then guns the WAVE and takes the secoondary weapon and places it into the ****pit of the Wave

she also takes any spare ammo for it

she then follows the ambulamce and tells them to haed for the park to wait for Victor.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2002, 01:24   #781
Hannibal377

Hannibals squadron streak towards the majestic fleet blockade. HIs rokeets and twin gatling guns roar to life ripping apart any gunships unlucky enough to get caught in the fire. Ignoring all cuation and with nothing to lose he prepared to rake the capital ships with missile fire, hoping that the speeed and surprise would mean the piont denfense weapons wouldn't react in time...

ooc-sorry bout lateness-ooc
Unread 2 Sep 2002, 10:36   #782
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

/ooc Sure. ooc/

The deck suddenly tilts under your feet, literally throwing you off your feet and sending you rolling down the now steep slope of the deck, to crash into the pile of bodies now stacked on the far wall, which has suddenly become a "floor"

A few seconds later, the intercom system buzzes to life. "Attention. We're sorry for the sudden movement, but the captain decided it would be best to cruise through the atmosphere for awhile, and then suddenly shoot up into orbit after moving some distance away from the capital. Please remain calm, especially when you enter the zero-gravity enviroment that will occur once we leave Earth's gravitywell in one minute. If you feel sick, make your way to one of the vomit bag dispensers along the cargo bay walls. The deck then begins to level out again, although you can tell that the ship is trying tearing up through the atmosphere.
*Hewitt groans with the rest of the 'passengers' as he clambers back to his feet... again.*

Great, I haven't thrown up for a whole hour...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 2 Sep 2002, 16:05   #783
Terra Australis

Would hardly call being ina ship that is spinning wildly to avoide fire from the Blockading ships a pleasure cruise, but then looking out the window my thoughts cast back to those that did not make it ouf of there, or who are Majestic POW's
Unread 2 Sep 2002, 20:52   #784
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre looks and sees various people grinning at HIM. Hudre begins tryig to make his way back to the WAVE, hopefully before gravity kicks in and send him to the floor.

Unread 4 Sep 2002, 01:02   #785
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

Well, you and Vincent manage to get aboard ND's ship, along with Nick. The ships then receive a transmission from a WAVE pilot known as Captain Kerensky, who's basically the highest ranking Commonwealth officer left in the capital. ND, PK, and Hunter swoop down to pick him up and the rest of the survivors (along with the last of the RPers, except LH). All three ships are now currently going to join the rest of the "fleet" fleeing the capital, and trying to break through the Majestic blockade. Oh, and you're currently in a zero gravity environment, so keep your hands on something attached to a wall. Oh yeah, and the ship has just been hit, with the Cargo Bay hull being breached, which means you have a couple minutes to find it and patch the hole, before all the air is sucked out and you die. Perfect timing to come back from your vacation.

No Dachi

The Gunner swallows, but nods. "Aye sir . . . firing away." On the viewscreen, you see bright flashes of light as the laser cannons fire on the nearest Battle Cruiser. The only noticeable reaction was the Battle Cruiser shifted in position to line its bow up with you. "Oh shi -" you hear someone yell, a second before a brilliant flash of light fills the viewscreen, and the ship twists so brutally behind you that you are sure the restraining straps are going to pop your arms off. The blast is suddenly over, and you open your eyes to see the bridge is a wreck: several of the consoles have overloaded from power surges, and on the ship diagnostic console you can see one entire side of your ship outlined in red. "Ugh . . . direct energy beam hit on the port side, sir." The XO reports, weakly tapping several commands into his console. "90% of armor gone on the port side, sir. Hull breaches on Decks 1 and 2, sealing off those sections. The port laser cannon emitter is also slagged, as well as two of the PDLs. Another hit like that and we're finished."

Crazyboy

"Indeed." Ralph said, snatching up a Jack that floated up out of his hands. "Well, time for us to quit, eh?" He said, snatching up the floating money and then stuffing in his pockets. Suddenly, you black out . . . when you come to a minute later, you see many people floating about the cargo bay, and many of them passed out, some of them cradling broken limbs. Whatever happened, it hit hard. The coppery taste of blood fills your mouth, and your back aches. Suddenly, you hear a hissing, which turns into a roar . . . the cargo bay's hull had been breached . . . you had one, maybe two minutes, before all the air was sucked out into vacuum.

PK

You see a brilliant line of fire emerge from one of the Battle Cruisers, just barely missing your ship. Still, the energy beam does quite a lot of harm . . . "Oh, the Gunboat Diplomat's been hit!! They're venting air from the port side, and most of their armor is gone . . . sir, they need help badly!!" The sensor operator reports.

Lady Hawk

The heavy machine gun is heavy, but you manage to find the disconnecting pin, and upon its removal you are able to heave it up into your WAVE's ****pit. The weapon is of belt-fed design, about two hundred rounds left in it. You then receive a message from the ambulance. "We'll keep going on out of the city, ma'am. Thanks for the help, we'll take good care of your friend, don't worry. Just go to your meeting in the park. When you're done, head to the Romenko Farm out in the countryside, to the West of New York City. Good luck!!"

Hannibal

/ooc No problem. ooc/

Your squadron streaks from the wreckage of Earth Orbital to bear down on the Majestic fleet. Unfortunately, the Orbital isn't close enough to the fleet for them not to notice you before you come within firing range. Over three squadrons (about 36) of gunships break off to engage you. You punch through them, firing rockets and gatling guns with reckless abandon. Your hear the screams of two of your pilots as the enemy gunships return fire, but then your are past them (amazingly no one collides with the enemy gunships on the head-on pass). You close in on a flank of a Battle Cruiser, continuing to fire your rocket pods until they are empty. The PDLs pick off about half of them on the way in, but the rest impact to blow a gouge into the massive ship's hull. You suddenly notice that there are a fair number of gunboats serving as a picket for the larger capital ships, and as you break off from your attack run, the space around you is full of laser fire as a nearby gunboat opens up with all the PDLs it can bring to bear.

Hewitt

The rest of the ride is uneventful, but suddenly your feet unexpectedly detach from the floor of the cargo bay: you've entered zero gravity. Your stomach rumbles slightly, and you feel a twinge of nausea, but other than that you are ok. You see Claire floating ten feet away, obviously in a bit of distress, as she has accidentally pushed off of the floor, and is now floating helplessly about a foot off of it, spinning uncontrollably, and trying to grab something, anything to stop her and get her back on "solid" ground again.

Terra

The ship suddenly lurches suddenly, and you crash into Mike, which is the last thing you remember for several moments. Your eyes then flutter open, and you shake your head to clear it. Something just hit the ship: hard. You then hear a hissing sound, which becomes a roar a moment later: the hull of the Cargo Bay has been breached.

Hudre

You manage to grab hold of the back of your seat and pull yourself down, back into the ****pit and onto the seat. You wonder if you should just strap back in, or somehow figure out a way to push off from the WAVE and make it to one of the walls.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 01:15   #786
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

(pah, Stupid Dachi's gonna get us killed )

*Dave looks around the cargo bay for something big enough to block up the hole*

"Everyone quick. Make your way out of the cargo bay!"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 02:10   #787
Hannibal377

Hannibal whips the gunship about as he tries to switch to missles. Fumbling with the stick in an attempt to dodge the sea of fire he has found himself in. 'I still need to draw more attention' He pulls 'up' to get out of the midst of fire for a second run pin pionted at the bridge of one of the captial ships...
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 03:24   #788
Terra Australis

We need to get out of here as fast as we can and seal off this area..... and then check the ship for other Damage.....

And fast, before we lose all the air in the ship!
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 07:17   #789
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"OK, maybe shooting at them is not the best idea. We need to get out of here."

Unread 4 Sep 2002, 16:12   #790
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David starts to make his way down to the breaches to see what the others are doing to help block them.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 17:16   #791
No Dachi

I said fire the primaries, not attack the bloody thing, the gunner was meant to fire at the battlecruiser as we moved past it to try and get them to keep their heads down, I did not order to attck the Bsttlecruiser full on. The Gunner wasn't really meant to hit the ship, come to think of it, just shoot a few shots around the thing.

Last edited by No Dachi; 4 Sep 2002 at 20:27.
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 19:42   #792
Hannibal377

Hannibals ship pock marked and smoking Prepared the run into damnation. The loud click of the gatling guns reloding and the pings of missle locks told him it was time to go... As he reached for the throttle he noticed that one of the ships trying to run the blockade was apperently assulting the captial ship. It had a gaping hole in its cargo hold. He must protect it. slaming onpen the throttle the engines fired up and he sped towrds the ship. "Hailing NY ship. Me and the remains of orbital defense will try and distract the blockade. YOu must run. Our scrafice mus tnot be for nuaght. He then turned his atttentions to the destroyer, keying up his missles...
Unread 4 Sep 2002, 20:50   #793
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre

You manage to grab hold of the back of your seat and pull yourself down, back into the ****pit and onto the seat. You wonder if you should just strap back in, or somehow figure out a way to push off from the WAVE and make it to one of the walls.

Hudre stays in his WAVE, if anything happens, he might as well be in something that can fight abit.

Unread 5 Sep 2002, 10:44   #794
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

The rest of the ride is uneventful, but suddenly your feet unexpectedly detach from the floor of the cargo bay: you've entered zero gravity. Your stomach rumbles slightly, and you feel a twinge of nausea, but other than that you are ok. You see Claire floating ten feet away, obviously in a bit of distress, as she has accidentally pushed off of the floor, and is now floating helplessly about a foot off of it, spinning uncontrollably, and trying to grab something, anything to stop her and get her back on "solid" ground again.
*Hewitt does the only thing he can do in this situation... he does his best to cover his laughter.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Sep 2002, 22:39   #795
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

The heavy machine gun is heavy, but you manage to find the disconnecting pin, and upon its removal you are able to heave it up into your WAVE's ****pit. The weapon is of belt-fed design, about two hundred rounds left in it. You then receive a message from the ambulance. "We'll keep going on out of the city, ma'am. Thanks for the help, we'll take good care of your friend, don't worry. Just go to your meeting in the park. When you're done, head to the Romenko Farm out in the countryside, to the West of New York City. Good luck!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn looks releived as the ambulance pulls away.

She makes a not of the Romenko Farm on the side of the ****pit with lipstick muttetring about not having a pen and paper.

she then plots the course on the navcomp and stores it.

taking one last look at the scene she makes her way to the meeting with Victor

Still keeping her eyes on the scanner she looks out for ant more trouble.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2002, 04:10   #796
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Crazyboy

Some of the nearby people push off of the floor and rocket toward the doorway leading deeper into the ship, but you see the light above the door turn from green to red. Obviously, someone up on the bridge had just sealed off the cargo bay, no doubt because of the hull breach. Unfortunately, this means that everyone in the cargo bay was on their own . . .

Hannibal

You weave in and out of the storm of point defense fire, and then pull up out of it. No sooner have the capital ships stopped firing on you, than you sensors pick up two gunships swinging onto your tail. Your comm is full of calls for help and death screams from your wingmates. The situation is hopeless. Suddenly, your sensors pick up a new contact: another BC. You laugh at the absurdity of Majestic moving yet another heavy capital ship into the area, when you receive the following broadcast from it. "This is the CBC Illustrious, Commodore Michael Lee commanding. All friendly units, disengage and head for the Illustrious, we'll cover you." You watch as the Commonwealth Battle Cruiser opens fire, its bow-mounted energy beam spearing one of the enemy Battle Cruisers, while launching a group of torpedoes at the other.

Terra

As if hearing your thoughts, your former guide mutters to you, "Oh, I don't think we'll have to worry about the rest of the ship." He nods toward the light mounted above the cargo bay's sole doorway, and as you watch it shifts from green to red. "Quickly! Go over there and remove the emergency sealant from the cabinet!!" the guide explains, jabbing a finger at a medium sized cabinet mounted on the far wall.

PK

"Sir, there's too many ships!! I can't find a way through, not without emerging as tiny particles from the other side thanks to enemy fire!" the Helmsman exclaims, juking the ship to one side as a destroyer fired its energy beam at you, the weapon grazing away part of your starboard armor and crippling the PDLs on that side. "Sir!! Picking up another BC!!"
"Just what we need!! Another ****ing big enemy ship!!"
"Sir, I'm picking up a . . . broadcast from the approaching Battle Cruiser. Patching it through."
"This is the CBC Illustrious, Commodore Michael Lee commanding. All friendly units, disengage and head for the Illustrious, we'll cover you."

David91

You see several people in crewmen jumpsuits making their way toward a dark gray cabinet, fighting against the pull of the suction as the air continues to rush out. Some small items go flying toward the wall where the breach(es) was, showing where exactly they were. A few of the smaller holes were plugged as items clanged up against the hull from the suction, blocking those holes off (for now). The larger holes, of which there were several, would take more than a few personal items to plug up, however.

No Dachi

/ooc While your Gunner wasn't supposed to shoot at the BC, the BC's gunner was supposed to shoot at you. Obviously, he did a good job. ooc/

"Sir! I've managed to seal off all of the breached areas, which include . . . " the man's face fell as he looked over his display. "The Cargo Bay. Sir, I'm afraid to report that everyone in there is a goner, unless they manage to seal their section back up again."

"Sir! I'm reading a power build-up within one of the Battle Cruisers. Its preparing to fire its energy beams again!!"
"I'm picking up another Battle Cruiser on approach sir."
"We should feel honored, sir. They've had to sic yet another of those behemoths on us."
"Receiving a broadcast from the approaching BC! Patching it through!"
"This is the CBC Illustrious, Commodore Michael Lee commanding. All friendly units, disengage and head for the Illustrious, we'll cover you."
"The Illustrious is firing on the enemy capital ships, sir."

Hudre

The ship continues to shake about the other passengers as the ship goes through numerous evasive maneuvers. You run as systems check on your WAVE, and the situation is not very good. You will be able to fire your shotgun with your non-crippled arm, but you have lost most of your armor. Even with your boosters reporting at 100% (this would allow you to maneuver about in zero-G), you doubt you would last long in that fireball. Still, your helpless in here, and chances are pretty good you're not going to leave this cargo bay alive, given how sudden the evasive maneuvers have become.

Hewitt

One of the CDF soldiers Claire had been speaking with after you moves in to help, wrapping one hand around a nearby handhold while snagging the back of Claire's shirt with his other. A minute later Claire is in control again, and she makes her way over to you. "I'm so glad Alfred was there to help me . . . I'm such a klutz." she sighs as she wraps a hand around the handhold next to yours.

Lady Hawk

Soon you come within sight of the park. No one else appears to be in sight, although there is a pair of ducks swimming peacefully in the pond. The now seemingly out of place sight almost breaks your heart. Suddenly, your sensors alert you to an APC heading toward your position at top speed. Although nothing else is on your sensors yet, the vehicle is no doubt being pursued.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Sep 2002, 07:32   #797
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"OK, lets listen to them, they've got bigger guns than us"

Unread 6 Sep 2002, 07:43   #798
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

One of the CDF soldiers Claire had been speaking with after you moves in to help, wrapping one hand around a nearby handhold while snagging the back of Claire's shirt with his other. A minute later Claire is in control again, and she makes her way over to you. "I'm so glad Alfred was there to help me . . . I'm such a klutz." she sighs as she wraps a hand around the handhold next to yours.
Don't worry, everyone who is not used to 0-G conditions often has difficulties, hell I and I bet even Alfred over there had problems on our first space flights. If your a klutz then everybody is.

*Hewitt smiles in a reassuring way as he holds onto the handhold.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Sep 2002, 07:56   #799
No Dachi

No Dachi feels a sinking feeling in his chest, and a sense of horror beginning to well up in him. He hammers the com button for the commonwealth ship.

"Recieved Illustrious, this is Captain No Dachi of the Gunboat Diplomat, we have taken a major hit to our cargo bay and have air venting from it. I have crewmen on the inside blocking the breaches with sealant but some of the holes are too big, we need to dock for repeairs ASAP."

No Dachi sends the message before turning to the rest of his crew.

"Take away all power from the primaries and put it to the engines, helm take us toward the Illustrious as quickly as possible, and keep those evasive manouevres going!"

Unread 6 Sep 2002, 12:44   #800
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Dave sees the light go red*

"Oh Bugger!!!"

*Dave looks to see what he could use to seal up teh hole*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!