User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Aug 2002, 16:39   #701
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Alright. We're going to be using the main cargo bay doors this time, so grab a couple extra clips of ammo and let's go." The man says, checking to make sure the weapon's safety was on. Once he is satisfied, your guide races out of the armory and runs down the hallway, obviously expecting you and Mike to keep up.

Racing down the hallway and securing the extra clips of ammo, we follow the guide to the cargo bay awaiting the rescue of the survivors!
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 18:30   #702
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Fluffie

After a quick look around, it becomes clear that there are no windows in this cargo bay. The only way in or out appears to be the main cargo bay door, and a door leading deeper into the ship. This is probably a good thing, as fire is furiously being exchanged at the ramp, and any window would be the source of another such battle. "Perhaps we should help, comrade?" Nicholas askes, looking at the unarmored crewmen firing back the enemy powered infantry. You notice more crewmen arriving, including one armed with a single-shot rifle, accompanied by Paul and Mike (Terra).

Squish

The monitor seems to indicate that the treads have been damaged, but are still operational, if you can figure out how to pilot this thing and how to back away from whatever you hit. Climbing up the ladder, you pop your head out of the turret, to see that you have rammed another Majestic tank. Already that hatch is popping open and a crewman is climbing out. Also, several Majestic powered infantry are approaching from the sides of your tank.

Hudre

Your shotgun blasts seem to have little effect, but they do panic some of the powered infantry charging towards the ships. One pellet slams into an armed leg, throwing the infantryman off his feet. John fires a burst from his machine gun, tearing up the ground in front of another group of infantry.

PK

/ooc No problem, just remember that unless otherwise stated, a squadron = 12. ooc/

"Understood sir. We've just got our first passengers now: two WAVEs hopped on board before the loading ramp was completely down. They are now helping to cover the evacuation."
"Sir, there's a lot of enemy units moving in. Shall I make them think twice about getting close by firing the PDLs?" the Gunner asks.

Terra

You shortly arrive at the docking bay to find the battle already being waged. Unarmored crewmen are around the top of the ramp, firing down on powered infantry that was closing in an attempt to board the ship and stop any more evacuatees from escaping. One of the crewmen suddenly spins around, dropping his weapon with a scream to clutch at his shoulder. "Ok, there's our spot! Go!!" the guide yells, running over to take the man's place at the top of the ramp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 19:02   #703
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
"Help ehm? Oh sure, I'd distract the Majestics by offering them beer and you guys slaughter them? You go help them if I want, I'm getting drunk. I need to forget. You have no idea what I am leaving behind, do you?" Fluffie curses and turns away from Nicholas, grabbing the man's bottle of wodka and making his way deeper into the ship, trying to find an empty spot before finishing his can of beer, opening up another one, drinking it in one go and then putting the bottle of wodka to his lips, trying to forget his family and even more trying to restrain himself from running away of this all and to his home.

He'd be more usefull later.

He hoped.

If he'd ever be sober enough again.
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 19:33   #704
Hannibal377

ooc-this will get ugly. bout how many gunships are in my squadron?-ooc

Hannibal's head began to spin with all the thoughts. So many lives were depending on him. He had already lost so many in this orbiting graveyard, and then there was... NO he must not dwell on those thoughts now. Hannibals ship kept changing course as it ducked and weaved in and out of the wrecckage. that was it... the wreckage. "your orders are to slow your ships to match speed approximately with the orbital station. It is traveling at 3.4 km/s. Fire engines only when absolutely nessessary. When the command is given we will streak out of the wreckage and do our best to distract the enemy fleet form firing on our ships. Remember boys 'A life is measured in the number lives it saves'..." After slowing his ship Hannibal took a few moments before the next battle to be alone with his thoughts.
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 21:07   #705
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre stops firing to reload, and checks his aimer. Hudre wasn't helping much against anything at this range, so he just watch his aimer screen, until he sees anything within mid-range, then he fires.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 21:42   #706
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
"Certainly, fire away"

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 01:40   #707
Immortal Squish

Squish quickly climbs back down the ladder (hopefully unseen) and replaces his helmet with an undamaged Majestic crewman's. Again climbing up and pokes his head out of the hatch.

"Sorry about that guys! One of those *******s got in and gave us a good scare! Not much left of him now though, ha ha..."

Squish surveys the area as he attempts to fool the solders. He looks to see if the other tank seems operable and spot any other enemy vehicles in the area.

"Just give me a few moments to perform system checks and we can go back to our fun."
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 06:29   #708
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

Nicholas shakes his head with a sign, and the nods. "Fine. Do what you want, comrade . . . I understand." He then storms off, and the last you see of him he is standing in the middle of the ramp, firing his machine gun, stopping only to help someone stagger up the ramp. Although the cargo bay is crowded, eventually you find a small open space in one corner; the previous space holders move away after one quick glance at your expression.

/ooc If you really, really want I'll let you stay on Earth. ooc/

Hannibal

/ooc A typical squadron is twelve units, but I'll be nice and give you sixteen gunships, counting your own. ooc/

All of the gunships signal acknowledgement, but you hear someone mutter, "Oh yeah, sixteen of us versus sixty of them and six capital ships on the side."

As you position your gunship only a few meters from the hull of the shattered Earth Orbital, you hope that the wreckage will be enough to shield you from the capital ships sensors. For the moment, it seems they haven’t noticed, or are too busy setting up their blockade; the capital ships slide into various covering orbits, the gunships continuing to form a protective sphere around them.

Hudre

With a couple of exceptions, the tanks and WAVEs hang back while the powered infantry charge forward. Now that the infantry are at closer range, you fire, killing two and wounding three others. The powered infantry closest to your target batch fling themselves onto their stomachs and fire at your WAVE, the bullets pinging off your armor.

PK

"Aye sir." the Gunner reports. By now your WAVE has re-entered the hatch that you used to exit the ship. You wonder if you should power down or turn around and go back outside to help cover the evacuation.

Immortal

One of the nearby powered infantry, standing almost directly beside the tank's treads, calls out, "Good. But I've still got to ask you this; standard procedure and all: I rule the world, yet none bow to me. I control all that I survey, and yet cannot lift a simple glass. What am I?"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 11:43   #709
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
I'm thinking maybe I should go outside again?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 11:53   #710
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
No, no... As "Rammstein" sings in Adios:

"Nichts ist vor dich,
nichts war vor dich,
nichts bleibt vor dich,
vor immer..."

After having rememberd that particular song, Fluffie lets his head hang down, holding the half empty bottle of vodka in his hand, staring down at the cover of the cooler unit (with four more cans of beer in it), parked between his legs. He slowly shakes his head, lets go of a tear and then sits up straight, bringing the bottle to his lips again...
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 16:19   #711
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

You move the WAVE forward, holstering its sword as you move toward the tank. When you are close enough, your WAVE's right "hand" clamps onto the tank's cannon barrel and pulls up. Unfortunately, modern tank barrels are far stronger than those used in the late 20th century, so the barrel does not bend in the slightest. However, this at least prevents the tank from hitting you with its main weapon, despite the pilot firing it helplessly. The three remaining infantry open up with their assault rifles, thankfully choosing to attack your dangerous WAVE instead of the defenseless ambulance. The tank also fires its secondary weapon, a heavy machine gun, into your WAVE's torso. These weapons were not much more than flea bites to even your ancient WAVE's armor, but nothing lasts forever . . .
"I believe that this is the only way out of the city, probably why they have barricaded it so quickly. I know it’s a lot to ask, but can you clear the road for us? We should be only a couple minutes from the city limits at this point." the doctor driving the ambulance sends back to you.

-----------------------------------------------------

mummbling something about it never rains but poors, Jenn decides that enough is enough

She uses the WAVES free hand to break or jam the Tanks secondary weapon and then she pushes the tank on to its side, then putting the Waves shoulder to the underside of the tank shye shoves it toward the barricade using it as a shield, regardless of what the poeple inside are thinking when she gets into range of the barricade she will fire a few shots into the less armoured underside hoping to ignite a few rounds so it blows up along with the barricade

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2002, 21:43   #712
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre wonders why the heavy machinery is staying back, but throws it out of his mind."All |I need to think about is getting out of here..." Hudre operates his comm."Is there a spare sword on this ship?"

Unread 25 Aug 2002, 22:08   #713
Hannibal377

After spending a few moments with his thoughts Hannibal fixes his eyes on the familiar sight of New York straining to see signs of ships streaking up through the atmost sphere.
Unread 26 Aug 2002, 06:19   #714
Immortal Squish

Man, I hate f*ckin' riddles... Squish thinks to himself.

"No problem, you're..." Squish stops mid-sentence and looks back into the ****pit area as if listening to someone below.

"****, you've got to be kidding me!" He replies to the imagined report, loud enough for the soldiers below to hear. He then turns back to the questioning solder, "You guys need to clear out, the engine is severely overheating and won't shutdown. If we can't get it under control, it's gonna overload and detonate all our ammunition stores."

"We're gonna get as far away from friendly forces as possible, maybe take some enemies with us if we blow."

Squish ducks back into the ****pit and seals the hatch. Hope they fell for it...
Unread 26 Aug 2002, 07:57   #715
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Hewitt

The hand that helps pull you up is soft, and decently manicured. After you get back onto your feet, you turn to thank the person for their help, but stop in mid-sentence when you see who helped you. The woman's face was fairly striking, enhanced by the way her brown hair framed it. "Hi, I'm Claire Belmont." the woman shifts her grip so that you are now shaking hands.
Um... er...

Get a grip ffs...

Hi, I'm Hewitt. Pleasure to meet you.

*Hewitt tries not to blush as he shakes hands with the pretty lady.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2002, 14:49   #716
Terra Australis

Terra

You shortly arrive at the docking bay to find the battle already being waged. Unarmored crewmen are around the top of the ramp, firing down on powered infantry that was closing in an attempt to board the ship and stop any more evacuatees from escaping. One of the crewmen suddenly spins around, dropping his weapon with a scream to clutch at his shoulder. "Ok, there's our spot! Go!!" the guide yells, running over to take the man's place at the top of the ramp.

O.k Mike this is it....... lets get to it, as Mike and i race to vacant spot where the man fell, dragging the wounded man out the way and helping him to his feet so that he can get medical attention we then fill hjis spot and take aim at the infantry that are moving up towards the ship!

Shooting at the powered infantry even though we have not got armour is not that difficult due to the height advantage of being on the ship...

Mike you take that one on the left and i will take the one that is moving up the middle...... lining them up in our sights we take aim and fire on the advancing infantry.... slowing there progress down!

Though with the armour advantage that they have the powered infantry whether it will be enough to get all the evacu'ees on the ship!
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 03:00   #717
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

PK

"Sir, could you go back outside to lay down covering fire?" ()
"I'm opening the hatch again now." Above your WAVE, the entry hatch pops open, allowing you to use your booster engines to hop back up through the hatch, and get back onto the ship.

Fluffie

As you continue to drink, your thoughts drift away from your current predicament and come to focus on your family. You wonder if Senta was able to get Johan to school, and suddenly you laugh bitterly. School? Now? Your laughter dies off quickly, and your thoughts turn to memories of Senta and Johan.

Lady Hawk

The tank is directly in front of the barricades, indeed, it is actually serving to block part of the road itself. Thus, you find that you don’t have to push it after you flip it, which is a good thing. Several warning lights had flickered on your console at the strain you put on your WAVE’s left arm as you used it to flip the tank over, and your ears had been assaulted by a loud screech that you heard even in your WAVE’s ****pit. Drawing your WAVE’s pistol again, you take aim at the underside of the flipped tank and fire several times into it. Although the rounds do penetrate the tank’s armor, they do not seem to do any serious damage. You suddenly realize that this is probably a good thing, considering the fact that almost every vehicle was now powered by a fusion engine of some sort, and breaching an active fusion reactor = big boom.

Hudre

You swivel your WAVE’s torso around to see the ship’s crewmen, but judging from their confused shrugs you can guess the answer is “no”. Meanwhile, the last handfuls of Commonwealth evacuees stagger aboard the three ships that have landed to rescue them.

Hannibal

You can see little but tiny pricks of light against the brilliance of Earth, a testament to how brilliant capital ship engines are at full burn. Suddenly the scene is lit up by even more brilliant lines of light: energy beams. Looking down at your sensors, you can see that the two battle cruisers have opened up on the approaching ships before they are even halfway out of the atmosphere. Your scanners also tell you that each beam has sliced deeply into a ship’s engine compartment, dooming all but one of the four stricken ships to a terrifying death from Earth’s gravity. The destroyers then fire, and another two ships fall back, either to burn up in the atmosphere or crash at a velocity far above fatal.

Immortal

/ooc Lol…if your engine was overheating and unable to shutdown, you’d have a lot more to worry about than a small ammunition explosion. ooc/

The powered infantryman takes an involuntary step back, and then nods. You don’t see much of this, however, because you are already back down into the tank, locking the hatch behind you. Running over to the controls, you fling yourself into the pilot seat, and try to figure out how to work the controls. You’re about to pat yourself on the back when a voice fills the tank’s ****pit. “Hey buddy, this is the tank that you’ve run into. We’ve got you on our sensors, and I’ve gotta say that’s a pretty bad overheating engine you’ve got there.” A view screen off to your right suddenly flashes on, to display the other tank beginning to rotate its turret around to point at you. “Unfortunately, you’ve got a lot bigger problem.” As if to underline the man’s statement, you hear thumping at the hatch: someone was trying to get in.

Hewitt

The woman thankfully either doesn’t notice or ignore the redness creeping into your faces despite your best efforts. “So, are you ones of those pilots, umm . . . WAVE Riders?” She asks, her eyes widening slightly in admiration, and your face suddenly feels quite hot.

Terra

Fortunately, none of those soldiers piloting a vehicle attempt to board the ship you are defending, possibly because of the captain’s declaration that he would not be taking any vehicles to save room for more people. This means that you don’t have to move out of the way, and are able to pump fire non-stop into the enemy infantry moving against your ship. Well, as non-stop as these slow-firing rifles allow, anyway. Despite the advantages of being in partial cover and having a height advantage, wounded crewmen fall away from the ramp at quite regular intervals. One thing that does help swing things back into your favor is the arrival of a police powered infantryman, a mountain of a man you know from the police station as Nicholas. He pushes past the crewmen and then stands on the middle of the ramp, firing his machine gun into the thick of the enemy, stopping only to toss a wounded evacuee up the ramp. As you line up on a powered infantryman’s head, you notice that the flood of evacuees have slowed to a trickle, and soon the ship will close up and lift off. You pull the trigger and the man staggers back, his face plate cracked, but still alive. You switch over to another enemy, this one charging forward, gun blazing. Your shot catches him in the knee, and he collapses, his momentum throwing him forward and into a roll. Yes, you should be taking off anytime now.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 06:08   #718
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

The woman thankfully either doesn’t notice or ignore the redness creeping into your faces despite your best efforts. “So, are you ones of those pilots, umm . . . WAVE Riders?” She asks, her eyes widening slightly in admiration, and your face suddenly feels quite hot.
*At this point, Hewitt's maculanity takes over and the redness subsides.*

Why yes ma'am I am... well I was a while back before the defence cuts and all that but I still have my WAVE with me, that's her right over there.

*Hewitt points to his old WAVE secured to the bulkheads of the ship.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 09:04   #719
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

As you continue to drink, your thoughts drift away from your current predicament and come to focus on your family. You wonder if Senta was able to get Johan to school, and suddenly you laugh bitterly. School? Now? Your laughter dies off quickly, and your thoughts turn to memories of Senta and Johan.
I was drinking to forget that you idiot

Fluffie curses and he gets out his wallet, stored safely somewhere in his armour. He opens it up, ignoring the mighty stashes of money and draws out a few photo's. He looks at his family and then looks in the general direction of the ship's exit, his heart aching, his mind yelling at him to stay put and... his hands feeding him more alcohol.
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 09:44   #720
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*PK does so, and fires one missile into the Majestic forces*

ooc// me only has one left, are you trying to make me run out of ammo? //ooc

Unread 27 Aug 2002, 12:36   #721
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
*Snaps fingers in Inspectre's direction*

Update me! Quick!
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 16:12   #722
Terra Australis

Waiting until we take off out of this hell hole, and who knows where we will end up.

Though seeing the ground troops that i helped a long time ago, in that incident at the building, I.E Nicholas and Fluffie, seems unusual for a gunship pilot being on the groud, but thankfully training for a gunship pilot allowed that downed pilots must be able to survive behind enemy lines etc until extraction!
Unread 27 Aug 2002, 19:09   #723
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre comms"Let;s get out of here! Evryone's on!" Hudre sighs in relief at the prospect of no more fighting for a bit.

Unread 28 Aug 2002, 04:57   #724
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hewitt

"Ah . . . I see it. But you're not in the CDF, are you?" She asks, appearing a bit crestfallen.

Fluffie

/ooc Did you really think I'd let you? ooc/

You thoughts continue to drift, but you suddenly realize that you are feeling very, very sleepy.

PK

/ooc Doesn't matter after this battle. ooc/

The missile streaks toward one of the tanks that has already had most of its armor gouged away, and the warhead easily pierces the now thin frontal armor, detonating inside the tank. The front end is turned into an impressive geyser of shrapnel, and the surviving crewmen crawl out of the large hole that your missile has made in the tank's nose.

ND

/ooc Well, your ship has been invaded by a bunch of giant samurai gerbils. No one is sure if this is Majestic's latest weapon or not, they're obviously hostile has they have gnawed half of the crew to death already. ooc/

Actually, you have currently landed with PK and Hunter to pick up with surviving tatters of the Commonwealth Defense Force in the capital. Most of the evacuees have already gotten aboard, but there are many enemy powered infantry pushing their way towards your ships, backed by WAVEs and tanks. (Basically, we're all waiting for Immortal Squish to escape and make his way here. )

Terra

Nicholas suddenly staggers back, his chest armor torn open by a particularly nasty burst of machine gun fire. He presses one hand to his bleeding side, and raises his machine gun for one last burst before collapsing in a heap at the top of the ramp. Sadly, his last burst tore up the ground beside his target, failing to do much more damage than give the infantryman a minor scare.

Hudre

A lucky cannon shot suddenly slams into your right arm, tearing off the armor covering it from shoulder to elbow. The exploding shell also damaged your arm's actuators, effectively freezing it in place. Apparently, the battle wasn't over just quite yet.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 05:57   #725
Immortal Squish

Quote:
Inspectre

(Basically, we're all waiting for Immortal Squish to escape and make his way here. )
/ooc i feel so special! ooc/

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way," Squish replies back to the enemy tank. He was fairly confident the Majestic tank wouldn't fire while their infantry were trying to gain entrance, but those infantry would be in any moment.

Squish slams the vehicle into full speed reverse, trying to find either a group of friendlies or lose the enemy tank in the urban jungle.

He then tunes the radio to Commonwealth emergency channels, "This is Jin Saotome, 15th Reserve Powered Infantry unit. I am requesting assistance at *ooc: insert location*. I have taken a Majestic tank, and am looking for some friendlies to hook up with. Over."
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 07:05   #726
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

"Ah . . . I see it. But you're not in the CDF, are you?" She asks, appearing a bit crestfallen.
No ma'am, not anymore. But after what's happened today I doubt there's much of a CDF left to be a part of.

*Hewitt appears to go solemn after this comment, a number of his friends still part of the core had died today.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 12:49   #727
No Dachi

Ah right. So who's on my ship at the moment? I know Crazy is, but who else?

Unread 28 Aug 2002, 12:50   #728
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Oh, that's ok then. I fire off my last missile, then go back inside (I can't cover them with no ammo)

Unread 28 Aug 2002, 15:51   #729
Terra Australis

Quote:
Originally posted by No Dachi
Ah right. So who's on my ship at the moment? I know Crazy is, but who else?
I am and my co pilot Mike, i think Fluffie and Nicholas are, but i think Nicholas just bit it........

Am waiting for this ship to get or attempt to go wherever it is going!
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 16:24   #730
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

"This is Captain Kerensky. Get your *** over here to 12th Street, unless you want to be left behind!!" 12th Street is about three blocks away.

Hewitt

"Oh . . . I was hoping you were in the CDF. Then perhaps maybe you'd know what happened to my brother on Ganymede. That's where he was serving . . . I'm worried about him."

No Dachi

You've got the main haul, you lucky devil.

Passanger list:

Fluffie & Nicholas
Terra & Mike
David91 & Vincent
Crazyboy & Ralph
Nick Andrews

PK

The missile locks onto an enemy Viper, but the WAVE's pilot manages to nimbly duck out of the way. You then re-enter your ship, as you're out of ammo. A moment later, you recieve a message: "We're almost ready to lift-off sir. We've been told that there is one last Commonwealth soldier that is on his way."

Terra

Mike suddenly moves past you, grabs ahold of the fallen mountain of muscle, and begins dragging him up the ramp, bullets pinging off the ramp all around him. "I think he's still alive!!" he yells.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 16:25   #731
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

/ooc Did you really think I'd let you? ooc/

You thoughts continue to drift, but you suddenly realize that you are feeling very, very sleepy.
Fluffie finishes the bottle and then lays his head down for a second, trying to out manouver the sleepy feeling by tumbling to the ground as he moves his head a bit too clumsy :\
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 16:37   #732
Terra Australis

Quote:
[b]Terra

Mike suddenly moves past you, grabs ahold of the fallen mountain of muscle, and begins dragging him up the ramp, bullets pinging off the ramp all around him. "I think he's still alive!!" he yells.
Forgetting the Danger to Life and Limb, i give the rifle that i am holding to someone nearby and move down the ramp with Mike and give him a hand to help drag Nicholas up the ramp, even though bullets are hitting the ramp all around us, despite the rivalry that has previosuly existed between ground forces and those that are pilots we dont leave our own behind and that comes to "ground hogs", as is the term affectionately given to those that serve on the ground by pilots!
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 17:23   #733
No Dachi

Yes! Go me-oh, wait, that just means more stuff will attack me, doesn't it?

Unread 28 Aug 2002, 17:54   #734
Immortal Squish

Squish continues racing through town, now headed towards 12th Street.

He removes the Majestic helmet and tosses it across the ****pit as he attempts to find the controls to fire the main cannon, targetting any enemy vehicles pursuing him.
Unread 28 Aug 2002, 19:09   #735
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Who did I get?

"Wait till he's onboard, then lift off immediately."

Unread 29 Aug 2002, 03:28   #736
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

You attempt to fight your way out of your stupor, but you're so tired . . . so sleepy. Maybe it would be best if you took just a quick nap . . .
At this point you hear the news that Nicholas has been wounded, perhaps seriously.

Terra

Up close, you can see that Nicholas' wounds are not that serious: although a good part of his body armor has been blasted away, it looks like only one bullet penetrated. Then again, it only takes one bullet to kill . . .
Despite the heavy gunfire, you manage to drag him all the way into the cargo bay without getting shot yourself. This is no doubt due in part to the furious amount of fire that the remainning crewmen put out to cover you.

No Dachi

Quote:
Originally posted by No Dachi
Yes! Go me-oh, wait, that just means more stuff will attack me, doesn't it?
/ooc Hmmmm........yes. ooc/

Immortal

You still hear the infantryman on top of the hatch, hammering away at it. The enemy tank's first shot misses, amazingly enough, mostly due to the fact that you backed away just as they fired. Only the tank persues you, but upon reaching 12th Street find a large enemy force between you and the ships that must be the ones offering you a ride out of here.

PK

No RPers, except for perhaps Immortal: you do have Captain Kerensky though.

"Understood sir."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 07:48   #737
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

"Oh . . . I was hoping you were in the CDF. Then perhaps maybe you'd know what happened to my brother on Ganymede. That's where he was serving . . . I'm worried about him."
I'm sorry I can't help you ma'am. I'd like to reasure you but as you said I am not CDF and I have no idea although I believe if he was a good soldier he is most likely to still be alive.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 11:56   #738
No Dachi

The Cargo Bay doors are still open?!

Captain No Dachi looks at the Majestic forces all around the ship on the radar, then at the distance between his blip and the othe rCommonwealth blips, and between the Commonwealth blips and the blips of the two other capital ships, trying to see which the majority of the Commonwealth blips are closest to.

Unread 29 Aug 2002, 15:04   #739
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy plays cards*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 15:20   #740
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

You attempt to fight your way out of your stupor, but you're so tired . . . so sleepy. Maybe it would be best if you took just a quick nap . . .
At this point you hear the news that Nicholas has been wounded, perhaps seriously.
Fluffie curses loudly as he hears about Nicholas. Not another one... is all he can think, while trying to get to his feet and stagger over to where he thinks the Russian Bear is. Cursing loudly and shedding another small tear he tries to make his way over to the wounded, swearing he'll get his revenge on the Majestic scum.
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 16:12   #741
Immortal Squish

Squish pilots the tank straight through the Majestic lines, and swerves to run down a few of the enemy infantrymen as he rolls through.

As he pulls up to the nearest friendly ship, Squish puts back on his helmet and sets the autopilot to ram into one of the enemy WAVES. He then runs over to the exit hatch, replaces the loose grenade onto his belt, draws one of his pistols and throws the hatch open.

Squish lets off a burst of fire to clear the way as he leaps out of the ****pit and sprints for the ship.
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 16:43   #742
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hewitt

"I-I see. Well then, nice meeting you." Claire says and then walks over, heading over to another group of people, these in CDF uniform.

No Dachi

/ooc You ask if having the majority of the RPers means that you will be attacked a lot, and then you want to know which ship the enemy is closest to? ooc/

Looking at the sensor screen over the sensor operator's shoulder, you can see that the enemy is closer to your ship, although not by much. For the most part, swarms of powered infantry and pushing their way to the ramps of all three ships, covered by fire from the enemy vehicles and WAVEs.

Suddenly a voice fills the bridge of your ship. "Sir, this is Crewman Robinson. We can't hold them back much longer!! We've already taken 50% casulties, and unless we lift off soon that powered armor is going to be charging aboard this ship.

Crazyboy

You play several hands, and suddenly Ralph becomes quite lucky.

"Ha!! Beat that!!" he says, slapping down 4 kings. "Four of a kind!!"

Fluffie

You unsteadily get to your feet, and then stagger over to the ramp. You experience a sudden bout of dizziness, and your legs give out. You fall to the floor of the cargo bay, but you're only a few feet from your wounded friend anyway, and he turns his head so that your eyes meet, just before you pass out.

Immortal

You weave your way through the enemy vehicles, always staying in between two of them, so that if they fired on you they would risk hitting each other. Finally, you are in the clear, and manage to run over several infantrymen before they realize what is happening and get out of your way. You slam to a halt, ready yourself, and then pop open the hatch. Shooting the infantryman banging on the hatch proves unnecessary, as someone from one of the ships has already picked him off. You then pick the middle ship (PK's), and charge up the ramp. As soon as you are aboard, the ramp begins to lift up: you were the last one to board the fleeing Commonwealth ships.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 16:46   #743
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ooc// any chance of a brief description of who Captain Kerensky is? //ooc

"Ok, last one on board now, right? Lets go people!"

Unread 29 Aug 2002, 16:49   #744
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

*snores*
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 16:51   #745
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
"Ah damn, my four aces can't beat that!"

*Dave grins at the look on Ralphs face, then puts down his cards laughing and showing that he doesn't have four aces*

"Got you worrid there"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 17:01   #746
Terra Australis

[
B][/quote]

After Dragging Nicholas out of the way, i turn to the nearest crewman and say "When is the Captain going to get the Damn ship the hell out of here, or are we going to take Majestic forces along for the ride to wherever the hell it is we are going, as that is what will happen soon if we dont move we will either be all shot to pieces or going on a nice cruise to some Majestic POW camp!"

"Oh and get this man some medical attention", i say while i am ripping a part of my uniform off to make a make shift bandage for Nicholas
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 18:04   #747
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

The tank is directly in front of the barricades, indeed, it is actually serving to block part of the road itself. Thus, you find that you don’t have to push it after you flip it, which is a good thing. Several warning lights had flickered on your console at the strain you put on your WAVE’s left arm as you used it to flip the tank over, and your ears had been assaulted by a loud screech that you heard even in your WAVE’s ****pit. Drawing your WAVE’s pistol again, you take aim at the underside of the flipped tank and fire several times into it. Although the rounds do penetrate the tank’s armor, they do not seem to do any serious damage. You suddenly realize that this is probably a good thing, considering the fact that almost every vehicle was now powered by a fusion engine of some sort, and breaching an active fusion reactor = big boom.
--------------------------------------------------------------

the men in the tank should now realise that there is a n00b nutter on the outside who seems that has a death wish

allowing them to flee

Jenn gets really stroppy she has had a bad day and now there is a a bunch of t*****s on the other side of the barricade.

Climbing over in the WAVE she grabs the nearest one and does athe first thing that she can think of

she launches into a series of WWE wrestling moves

she grabs the first one and then does a pedigree on it (makes sure that it is driven face first into the road) with a few tonnes of WAVE on it.........

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 19:30   #748
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

PK

/ooc Captain Kerensky is a WAVE pilot, and the leader of the surviving Commonwealth forces. ooc/

"Aye sir!! Closing ramp now. Will you be coming back to the bridge?"

Fluffie

You sleep the sleep of the dead, blissfully unaware of what is going on around you. At least, until someone starts slapping you.

Crazyboy

Ralph snarls, and looks like he is about to hit you, when he relaxes and laughs. "Crazy *******." he says, punching you in the shoulder.

Terra

The man consults his radio, and then turns back to you. "The last man is aboard, and we're lifting off now." Behind you, the ramp suddenly hums as it begins to lift back up into the ship.

Going over to check on Nicholas, you manage to remove his damaged body armor, to see that the undershirt has been stained red around his wound. You carefully use part of your shirt as a compression bandage to slow the bleeding, and a few minutes later you are told that a doctor will be coming over to look at him.

Lady Hawk

/ooc Considering your piloting a machine at least two stories tall, I rather doubt wrestling moves are going to work on man-sized targets. ooc/

A few seconds after you fire into the underside of the tank, the hatch pops open and the men swarm out, running away from "this lunatic" and their downed tank as quickly as they can.

Turning to face the soldiers and the barricades, you find that you don't even have to jump over them. Lifting up one of your WAVE's massive feet, with a quick kick the wooden barricade goes flying, slamming into a powered infantryman so hard that it throws him backward. The remainning infantry scatter, as it is obvious they cannot win against your WAVE. A few more kicks and the road is clear of barricades, allowing the ambulance to procede without further incident.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Aug 2002, 19:36   #749
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Yes, I'll be there momentarily.

*Goes to bridge*

"I guess the question is- where to go? Any ideas?"

Unread 29 Aug 2002, 20:22   #750
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre

A lucky cannon shot suddenly slams into your right arm, tearing off the armor covering it from shoulder to elbow. The exploding shell also damaged your arm's actuators, effectively freezing it in place. Apparently, the battle wasn't over just quite yet.

Hudre gritted his teeth from the shattering blow, and straightened himself. Hudre begins firing repeatedly into the fray.