User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2002, 14:03   #651
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy walks into the Cargo hold and starts looking for a group of people who would be around a gunship pilot telling them stories*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 14:06   #652
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
OK, power up the engines. As soon as those people are on board, we lift.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 16:35   #653
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
You time the attack almost perfectly, as the man leaps forward at you to avoid a stomp from a Commonwealth WAVE. You catch the man with your feet and then kick him backward into the air, drawing your shotgun as you do so. You fire several shots, only to watch in amazement as the man suddenly thrusts his arm out toward the ground, burying his sword. This serves as an anchor point, and he pivots around it, flipping through the air to land on his feet. This also causes most of your shots to miss, although thanks to the scattering pattern of the shotgun you do notice that some armor is missing from his shoulders and back. During this, you recieve some sort of transmission from a corperal or something like that, telling you to go somewhere . . .

---

Fluffie fires a few times again and yells back through his radio unit, neatly built in the helmet, within yell distance even! Weeee!

"This is Fluffie, please say again!"

*beng beng*

Awaiting the answer, Fluffie rolls around, trying to get to the man's back and firing shots allll the time, hoping to confuse, hurt, mutulate and kill the enemy.
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 17:54   #654
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David pants for a while, and realises his leg has a nasty cut in it and is realeasing a lot of blood.*

"Bandages?"
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 17:54   #655
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Hudre

Together, you and John utterly destroy the remainning tank in seconds. You then see that the way is clear, and that several other powerered infantry have now engaged the Majestic soldier.

Hunter

"Yes sir." the Helmsman replied, and the deck behind you trembles slightly as you lift off. "Sir, recieving transmission. Patching it through now."

"This is *crackle* Captain Kerensky of the *static* Defense Force. I am currently *bzzt* moving toward your *static*, with the rest of the *bzzt* survivors. Please pick *static* up."

"Transmission is coming about a block from the Senate building, sir."

Terra

The man nods, a frown set on his face. "That's going to be a ***** to get through." The man suddenly turns away from you and listens to his radio for about a minute, and then turns back. "Seems we've just got a transmission from a CDF captain wanting a ride. We're moving to pick him up."

Hewitt

You have just completed securing your WAVE when you hear the speaker annouce, "We're lifting off. Brace yourselves!" The deck rumbles beneath your feet, and then suddenly tilts to one side as the Flaming Mustang lifts off. No one is seriously hurt, but a few people had to nurse a wounded pride because they did not brace themselves and thus landed flat on thier backs.

Crazyboy

Actually, there are several braggerts telling tall tales, but you easily find your friend as he is the loudest and the "tallest". "So there I was trying to pick off the enemy on my wingman's tail, while three others were on mine. I line up, squeeze off a missile, and then duck back down into the street. One of my pursuers miscalculates and slams, boom, straight into the rooftop of one of the nearby buildings. And then - hiya Dave!! Everyone, meet my wingman, Dave Gilvenko."

PK

"They're aboard now, sir."

"Lifting off!" the Helmsman cried, suddenly turning the engines on full to send your ship zooming out of the hangar and into the sky above it in a matter of seconds.

"Sir, I'm recieving a message. Looks like its coming from the area around the Senate."

"This is *crackle* Captain Kerensky of the *static* Defense Force. I am currently *bzzt* moving toward your *static*, with the rest of the *bzzt* survivors. Please pick *static* up."

Fluffie

The man somehow manages to dodge most of your shots, although some pellets do hit since you are using a shotgun. The man crouches and spins around to avoid your next two shots, and as he spins around to face you, he throws his sword. The blade slices through your shotgun's loading assembly, effectively jamming it.

"Comrade, we've been given orders to retreat!" Nicholas replies.

"Get out of here. We'll take care of him." one of the powered infantry says as three of them raise thier assult rifles to point at the man. His hand flashes down to his thigh, pops open a compartment, and a pistol suddenly appears in his hand. Still looking at you, he raises and fires at one of the infantrymen, the shot shattering the faceplate and who-knows-what to the man's head. The man fell to the ground in slow motion, as the enemy soldier flings himself away from where he was a moment ago, the remainning two soldiers firing at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 18:10   #656
Hunter

Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
"Yes sir." the Helmsman replied, and the deck behind you trembles slightly as you lift off. "Sir, recieving transmission. Patching it through now."

"Do we have to become a personal chaffeur service to everyone on this planet? Bring us into the upper atmosphere, and then bring us down once we're at the Senate building. I don't want those gunships to be able to follow us. And... Are you sure that the SpacePort is COMPLETELY evacuated?" James asked.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 18:29   #657
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Ack, guess we should go. Take us over there, max speed. Fire weapons at everything that even blinks funny. I'm going up top.

*PK gets out of his chair and goes down to his WAVE and activates it. The special lift mechanism winds upwards, a hatch opens in the roof, and the WAVE walks out onto the now flying vessel, tracking weapons across the sky.*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 21:08   #658
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh I guess I posted while Inspectre was busy typing that out. Plz make a new post or I might miss it if you edit the one you just made.

Last edited by David91; 16 Aug 2002 at 10:06.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 06:55   #659
Immortal Squish

Squish sidesteps the slashing blade and catches the man's arm at the wrist before he can bring the knife around for a second attack. Squish thrust his knee into the pilot's stomach then releases his wrist as Squish delivers a spinkick to his opponent's side.
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 11:25   #660
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
"Yo Ralph! Telling your usual stories eh?"

*Dave turns to the crowd*

"He's very good at making things up. You should have heard what he was like during acadamy"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 11:42   #661
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Fluffie
The blade slices through your shotgun's loading assembly, effectively jamming it.

:eek:

he killed MY shotgun!

"Comrade, we've been given orders to retreat!" Nicholas replies.

finally...

the remainning two soldiers firing at him.
Fluffie curses, very, very loudly and throws his damaged shotgun to the ground, while jumping on the tank and getting inside the cockpit, yelling at Nicholas to go as he drops in through the entry hatch.
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 13:14   #662
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

The man reaches into a nearby cabinet, pulling out a first aid kit. He rumages through that, then pulls out a couple of compression bandages and hands them to you, along with some disinfectant (the iodine kind that burns like **** ). The man puts the kit back in the cabinet, and then helps several more people climb into the ship. Once they're all in, he man hits the door controls and the ramp retracts while a door slides closed, protecting you from the gunfire that was following the last two people in, both gunship pilots from the police department. You recognize them as Paul Zukov (Terra) and Mike Caspian. The man listens to a portable radio for about a minute, and then turns back to you and the others. "Seems we've just got a transmission from a CDF captain wanting a ride. We're moving to pick him up."

Hunter

"There are still several soldiers fighting a delaying action, trying to make sure that all of the ships lift off. They've almost been completely wiped out, but they're still fighting and withdrawing, fighting and withdrawing. If some of them manage to survive, they'll probably retreat to some "safe" place within the city to hide." the sensor operator reports. You soon leave the spaceport behind, and begin flying over city blocks. "We're about halfway to the site of that communication, sir." the Helmsman reports.

PK

As you walk out onto the "roof" of the ship, you remember what your WAVE's mechanic said: "We've just finished installing jump jets, so if you get knocked off the ship they should keep you from going splat. However, you might get left behind so do try to avoid falling off the ship." Directly ahead of you is a point-defense turret, it is beginning to swivel around to fire on a squadron of enemy gunships closing off to your right.

Immortal

The knife goes skittering across the ****pit floor as the man is sent slaming into the floor of the ****pit from you spin-kick. Unfortunately, this does not stop him, as the pilot gets into a crouch, and then springs out of it to charge at you, throwing his arms around you and slamming you into the wall. As you grapple, you look over at the main control console to see flashing in red letters at the bottom: COLLISION IMMIENT

Crazyboy

Ralph scowls and drags his hand across his throat as everyone turns to look at you, and then back at him. Most of the people give a hurmph and walk away, leaving you and Ralph alone. "Gee, thanks buddy." he grumbles.

Fluffie

You jump into the ****pit to find that Nicholas has moved from the gunner's chair into the pilot, and as soon as you are seated in the gunner's chair, he "floors it", the acceleration pushing you back in your seat. Looking into a monitor that was displaying a view from the rear of the tank, you watch as the man notices the dropped shotgun and sword. He cartwheels down to it, shooting another of the infantrymen in the head in mid-flight. He then picks up the sword and shotgun, wrenches the sword from it, and looks it over. Even you can see that the blade's one edge has been bent back making it useless. The man shouts something that could only be a curse of somekind, and then empties his pistol into the third infantrymen. You lose sight of him at that point, but you get the feeling that he'll be back, someday.

/ooc Say hello to your arch nemesis. Nice guy, isn't he? ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 13:19   #663
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
/ooc Say hello to your arch nemesis. Nice guy, isn't he? ooc/
probably meh son

Apart from that, Fluffie sits back and straps in, wondering first and asking a few seconds later where they are going anyways.
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 13:29   #664
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Dave laughs at Ralph*

"Hey, I had to get you back for stealing my kills some how. Anyway... that was a nice patrol day eh? Wonder what we will be doing next"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 16 Aug 2002, 16:16   #665
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*PK swivels his WAVE to face the incomming Gunships, firing off a salvo of missiles from his shoulder launcher as he does so. He then activates his jump jets, bringing his katana up, and attempting to slice one of the gunships in half as he reaches it. He falls back towards the ship, guiding himself back onto its roof with the jump jets as he does so.*

Unread 17 Aug 2002, 00:04   #666
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre

Together, you and John utterly destroy the remainning tank in seconds. You then see that the way is clear, and that several other powerered infantry have now engaged the Majestic soldier.

Hudre activates his speaker, so he can make his WAVE talk to the infantry. "I think you guys should get in that tank, we've been ordered to retreat, and that vehicules your best bet!"

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2002, 06:05   #667
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

/ooc If only I had time travel as a part of this thread.

*hurridly scribles time machines down on his "inventions to add" list ooc/

You are about to ask Nicholas where exactly you were going, when the question is rendered moot as a Commonwealth Lancer suddenly jogs in front of you. "This is *bzzt* Captain Kerensky. Follow *static*."

Crazyboy

"Oh . . . probably sitting here while the ship we're in gets hammered relentlessly, coming very close to being blown apart and thus killing us all." Ralph said with a grim smile.

PK

/ooc Note that you have 5 missiles left after this attack. ooc/

You fire three missiles, one at a time, at the approaching gunships. One misses completely, but the other two find their targets . . . the same target in fact. The striken gunship plummets from the sky, trailing smoke. At this point you activate your jump jets, and save yourself some heavy damage as the enemy gunship retaliate with a missile barrage that scoures the ship's hull, and which would have knocked you away from the ship had you been standing there. The gunships break off their attacks soon after their missile barrage, far outside the range of your katana. You follow the enemy squadron with your sensors, and smile as one of the blips winks out, a victim to your Gunner's point defense fire. "They might be coming around again, sir. Stay on guard."

Hudre

The tank speeds off while the infantrymen continue their hopeless fight against this man. Within seconds he has killed all three of them, but his sword has been bent beyond repair and he emptied his pistol into the last infantryman. Before you can take advantage of the situation, the man begins to walk off, and you notice that the tank has joined up with a Commonwealth Lancer. You recieve a communication from that WAVE a moment later: "This is *bzzt* Captain Kerensky. Follow *static*."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 17 Aug 2002, 12:01   #668
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

/ooc If only I had time travel as a part of this thread.

*hurridly scribles time machines down on his "inventions to add" list ooc/

You are about to ask Nicholas where exactly you were going, when the question is rendered moot as a Commonwealth Lancer suddenly jogs in front of you. "This is *bzzt* Captain Kerensky. Follow *static*."
/ooc you strange, lovely man ooc/

"Well, follow the man." yawns Fluffie as he sits back and relaxes for a change. He looks around the cockpit and wonders if there is any food or drinking stuff present
Unread 17 Aug 2002, 12:56   #669
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

I wait, staying alert for them coming around

ooc// how many left? //ooc

Unread 17 Aug 2002, 13:00   #670
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Oh how fun. If its not getting blown to bits while flying around in our gunships, its getting blown to bits while we sit around doing nothing. Oh well. Fancy a game of cards. I managed to bring meh lucky pack"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 17 Aug 2002, 17:43   #671
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"Understood. Victor out." just before the channel is cut you can hear a large explosion nearby; hopefully that wasn't the end of the private. You follow the amublance at a slight distance, not wanting to step on it if it had to stop suddenly. It begins to turn onto a new street, but suddenly stops. "Roadblock ahead. Looks like half a dozen infantry and a tank." the ambulance sends to you, and then you hear someone yelling into a loudspeaker, "This is Corporal Strife. You are to power down your vehicle and exit immediately." Apparently, you haven't been seen yet, since you were behind the vehicle, and are hidden from view by several buildings.

---------------------------------------------

hving not being seen

Jenn piolts the WAVE into overdrive ans stomps on the soldiers that were in the raod, making her way to the tank, preempting the tank firings she will run in a zig zag erratic pattern

she will also take an aimed shot at the gun of the tank to try to disable it

to the ambulance

get out of here and head to the park i mentioned hopefully there will be another person there to help you if i fail#

she then uses the radio to set up a jamming frequency to stop these troops to send for help

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2002, 18:01   #672
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre activates his comm "We're following, lead the way." Hudre operates his WAVE to match the pace of the Lancer, and follows it.

Unread 19 Aug 2002, 05:29   #673
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

Unfortunately, it does not seem that there is anything to eat or drink in the tank. Looking beneath the pilot's seat, however, you notice an ice cooler. Reaching down, you manage to slide it out, and open it. Inside is a six-pack of beer and a bottle of vodka. "I see you've found my little addition to the tank." Nicholas said, looking over his shoulder at you, a smile on his face.

PK

/ooc Five. ooc/

"They're coming up from below this time sir. You should be able to engage them as they approach and right after they break off."
Your sensors confirm this as the gunship squadron swings in around for another pass, coming up from below your ship. There would be a window of about ten seconds from the time they entered missile range to the time they passed under the ship. They were in missile range . . . now.

Crazyboy

"Is that the trick deck with the five aces?" Ralph asked suspiciously. "Oh well, count me in. I think I have a couple Commonwealth credits with me . . . of course, I doubt they'll be worth much after a week or two."

Lady Hawk

You maneuver your WAVE out from around the building, and stomp on the man that had walked up to the ambulance's door. He is able to get off half a terrified scream before his armor crumbles beneath the weight of your WAVE's foot. You snap off a shot at the tank, which begins to swivel its barrel around from the ambulance to point towards you. Your shot did not seem to have enough effect to cripple the vehicle, apparently. You also notice that there are three more powered infantry standing behind a barricade of wooden "blockers" (the same kind that police use to set up barricades along roads, ironically enough).
You try to jam their transmissions, but you're not sure if you are successful, nor will you know unless enemy reinforcements appear to show you that you failed.

Hudre

A motley group of WAVEs, tanks, and APCs soon join the group in its break-out attempt. The majority of the enemy units were still focusing on taking the Senate building, but more and more of them were realizing that there was a group of enemy units attempting to escape. Whatever the Captain's plan is, it had better work, and soon.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 19 Aug 2002, 07:14   #674
Immortal Squish

Squish throws a few punches at the man's face, and attempts to get enough room between himself and the pilot to bring his pistol to bear and finish their confrontation with a hail of bullets.
Unread 19 Aug 2002, 13:53   #675
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Nah, I lost the trick deck in meh gunship" "I'll have to get another one, once we get to Mars, if we ever leave" *Hint*

*Dave deals out the cards and puts on that card player type look, staring at Ralph*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 19 Aug 2002, 13:55   #676
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

Unfortunately, it does not seem that there is anything to eat or drink in the tank. Looking beneath the pilot's seat, however, you notice an ice cooler. Reaching down, you manage to slide it out, and open it. Inside is a six-pack of beer and a bottle of vodka. "I see you've found my little addition to the tank." Nicholas said, looking over his shoulder at you, a smile on his face.
Fluffie opens up the bottle of vodka and brings it to his lips, taking a sip before putting it down again. He closes the ice cooler with the beer in it and shoves its back into its position, before taking another sip. "No drinking when you're driving!"
Unread 19 Aug 2002, 16:05   #677
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Terra

The man nods, a frown set on his face. "That's going to be a ***** to get through." The man suddenly turns away from you and listens to his radio for about a minute, and then turns back. "Seems we've just got a transmission from a CDF captain wanting a ride. We're moving to pick him up."

In waiting for the ship to go and pick the CDF Captain up, is there anything that i can do to help at all?????

After all you are going to need all the help you can get if you want to get out of this Blockade, Mike and i are pretty good sharpshooters we managed to survive against the overwhelming Majestic forces where many did not....... so tell us what you want to do and where you want to go...... and we will do it!
Unread 19 Aug 2002, 16:25   #678
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre commed the leader"Sir, we're we going?" Hudre began to reload his shotgun.

Unread 19 Aug 2002, 16:29   #679
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

*PK fires a second salvo of three, shelling slightly ahead of the target, and hoping the missile's guidence systems will do their jobs*

Unread 20 Aug 2002, 07:59   #680
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

You have just completed securing your WAVE when you hear the speaker annouce, "We're lifting off. Brace yourselves!" The deck rumbles beneath your feet, and then suddenly tilts to one side as the Flaming Mustang lifts off. No one is seriously hurt, but a few people had to nurse a wounded pride because they did not brace themselves and thus landed flat on thier backs.
*Is one of the people with an injuried pride as he picks himself from off of the floor. *

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2002, 20:18   #681
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

You knock the man backward and begin to raise your pistol, but before you can fire the tank suddenly slams to a halt with a loud screech of metal on metal, and both you and the man are thrown forward . . . . .

You awake several minutes later, and see that the man is laying in a heap in front of you, his neck at an odd angle. Making your way up to your feet, a sharp spasm of pain suddenly cuts through your side, almost pushing you to the floor of the tank again. A couple broken ribs, most likely. You can also taste copper in your mouth, so you must have a head wound of some kind as well.

Crazyboy

Ralph crouches down, using his lap as a table for his cards. Several other people gather around, asking if they can play, while you shuffle the deck.

Fluffie

"Hey!! That vodka is mine!!" Nicholas growls, glaring over his shoulder at you. He returns his gaze to the monitor just in time to swerve the tank away from a burned-out car. The Lancer up ahead suddenly stops, and transmits to you and ther other survivors. "Ok, we wait for a pick-up here."

Terra

"Well, the computer is currently handling the point defense turrets, so we don't need you there . . . I'll see if I can find a couple weapons for you to use so that you can help cover the guys we're moving to pick up."

Hudre

"Right here." the Captain replies, slowing his WAVE to a halt. He then transmits to you (and probably all of the other suvivors) "Ok, we wait for a pick-up here."

PK

The first missile misses completely, due to your hasty set of shots. However, the other two missiles do lock onto an enemy gunship each, severly damaging them both. The PDLs finish the job, bolts of light burning through the broken and scortched armor to tear apart the internal structure of the gunships. One explodes as the lasers penetrate the ammo storage bin, the other spirals down toward the ground, just as dead. "Nice shooting sir. They're launching missiles now. Brace yourself." the ship under your feet suddenly bucks as the missiles slam into its underside, and then you can see only five gunships emerging from the other side of the ship, heading away from the gunship at maximum speed.

Hewitt

"Need a hand?" someone asks you as you brush yourself off, then attempt to get back onto your feet. Sure enough, a foot or two above you is a hand, ready to pull you up onto your feet.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 20 Aug 2002, 20:20   #682
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie sighs and hands Nicholas the bottle, while reaching for a beer for himself. He opens up the hatch and climbs out of the cockpit, looking around, sipping his beer and asking Nicholas if he knows how they'll be leaving and exactly where this pickup will take them.
Unread 20 Aug 2002, 21:18   #683
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Alright, I'm coming back inside, I have a feeling I'm going to need these missiles.

ooc// how does 5 - 2 = 5 ? //ooc

Unread 20 Aug 2002, 21:48   #684
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"hm, sure thing. Hope you got something to bet with?"

*Dave starts dealing out the cards*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 21 Aug 2002, 00:10   #685
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre stands his WAVE next to John's. "I can't wait till we get out of here, but you know there probably just gonna make us come out again..."

Unread 21 Aug 2002, 01:47   #686
Hannibal377

ooc-srry been gone a while. can you catch me up?-ooc
Unread 21 Aug 2002, 02:50   #687
Terra Australis

O.k then give Mike and i the weapons and we will see what we can do when we go to pick up them men......
Unread 21 Aug 2002, 08:48   #688
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

"Need a hand?" someone asks you as you brush yourself off, then attempt to get back onto your feet. Sure enough, a foot or two above you is a hand, ready to pull you up onto your feet. [/b]
Thanks.

*Hewitt grabs hold of the hand with his own and pulls himself up.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2002, 11:46   #689
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

You maneuver your WAVE out from around the building, and stomp on the man that had walked up to the ambulance's door. He is able to get off half a terrified scream before his armor crumbles beneath the weight of your WAVE's foot. You snap off a shot at the tank, which begins to swivel its barrel around from the ambulance to point towards you. Your shot did not seem to have enough effect to cripple the vehicle, apparently. You also notice that there are three more powered infantry standing behind a barricade of wooden "blockers" (the same kind that police use to set up barricades along roads, ironically enough).
You try to jam their transmissions, but you're not sure if you are successful, nor will you know unless enemy reinforcements appear to show you that you failed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn curses as the shot seems to have no effect, she quickly thinks and ways up that the tank is the more dangerous at the moment.

using primitive tactics, she starts to evade and does the only thing she can think off - she tries to put a bend in the tanks main gun

she keeps the radio jamming frequeny on and signals for the Ambulance to take another route out of here...she will deal with these poeple

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2002, 15:11   #690
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

"I'm not sure where we could go to be safe, comrade, but I do know how we're going to get there!" Nicholas points into the sky behind you. You turn, and see three silvery shapes approaching: ships. The ships are being swarmed by a bunch of dots, you assume these are gunships. As the shapes move closer, you can make out more details; they are indeed ships, and numerous gunships are swarming around them, firing missiles and strafing them. One of the ships has an unusual sight: a WAVE standing on top of it, firing missiles at the oncoming gunships. As you watch, the WAVE fires three missiles that hit two of the gunships, weakening them so that the point defense turrets tear them to shreds a few moments later. Finally, the massive ships are almost directly overhead, and begin to descend for a landing.

PK

/ooc 7-2=5 5-3=2 You currently have 2 missiles left. ooc/

"Roger. We are almost directly over a group of WAVE and other vehicles. We're pretty sure this is the group that wanted pickup, so we're coming in for a landing now."

Crazyboy

Some of the people shrug hopelessly, but others have some Commonwealth credits in their pockets, and they give some of the money to those that don't have anything. Soon a group of nine people, including Ralph and yourself, are sitting around in a circle, kneeling so that their laps can hold the cards.

Hudre

"Yeah, probably. Hey, here comes our ride." You turn your WAVE, and see three silvery shapes approaching: ships. The ships are being swarmed by a bunch of dots, you assume these are gunships. As the shapes move closer, you can make out more details; they are indeed ships, and numerous gunships are swarming around them, firing missiles and strafing them. One of the ships has an unusual sight: a WAVE standing on top of it, firing missiles at the oncoming gunships. As you watch, the WAVE fires three missiles that hit two of the gunships, weakening them so that the point defense turrets tear them to shreds a few moments later. Finally, the massive ships are almost directly overhead, and begin to descend for a landing.

Hannibal377

/ooc Not too much. You're still waiting for the ships to take off (which they will as soon as Fluffie and Hudre are aboard). I'll post your last reply as well. ooc/

"Understood, sir." You continue your orbit around Earth, and soon a heartbreaking sight comes within view: the shattered remains of Earth Orbital. The wreckage was still continuing on its "sentry" orbit around Earth, but now its weapons are silent, its crew all dead after the self-destruct activated, taking out a small group of Majestic ships that were approaching to capture it.

Terra

"Ok, follow me." the man leads you through a maze of corridors, until finally you stand before a door marked "Armory". Standing beside it is an armed guard, who tosses a quick wave of greeting to your "guide" as he approaches. "Mind if I grab a couple weapons for my friends and me, Charlie?"
"No problem. Place is pretty cleaned out though."
"Well, we'll take anything you can give us."
You then walk into the Armory, and see that it has indeed been pretty cleaned out. Almost all of the weapon racks are empty, except for several at the far end of the room. The man walks back there, grabs three of the rifle weapons, comes back, and tosses one to you and one to Mike. Getting a closer look at it, you can see that the rifle is a Winchester 2053x, a semi-automatic weapon that fires a round every few seconds, making it more of a sniper rifle than an assault rifle. You can remember training with one during your Academy days . . . thing seemed to be designed with powered infantry in mind, given the recoil. Your shoulder starts to ache already.

Hewitt

The hand that helps pull you up is soft, and decently manicured. After you get back onto your feet, you turn to thank the person for their help, but stop in mid-sentence when you see who helped you. The woman's face was fairly striking, enhanced by the way her brown hair framed it. "Hi, I'm Claire Belmont." the woman shifts her grip so that you are now shaking hands.

Lady Hawk

You move the WAVE forward, holstering its sword as you move toward the tank. When you are close enough, your WAVE's right "hand" clamps onto the tank's cannon barrel and pulls up. Unfortunately, modern tank barrels are far stronger than those used in the late 20th century, so the barrel does not bend in the slightest. However, this at least prevents the tank from hitting you with its main weapon, despite the pilot firing it helplessly. The three remaining infantry open up with their assault rifles, thankfully choosing to attack your dangerous WAVE instead of the defenseless ambulance. The tank also fires its secondary weapon, a heavy machine gun, into your WAVE's torso. These weapons were not much more than flea bites to even your ancient WAVE's armor, but nothing lasts forever . . .
"I believe that this is the only way out of the city, probably why they have barricaded it so quickly. I know it’s a lot to ask, but can you clear the road for us? We should be only a couple minutes from the city limits at this point." the doctor driving the ambulance sends back to you.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Aug 2002, 16:48   #691
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre operates his WAVE. "John let's get out of here!" The WAVE takes Hudre onto the ship, Hudre finally relaxes.

Unread 22 Aug 2002, 17:14   #692
Terra Australis

Just like the good old days at the academy hey Mike..... Better keep that ammo saved up though for where we are going who knows and we may need this!
Unread 22 Aug 2002, 17:47   #693
Hannibal377

"...damn it" Hannibal looked on in horror at the wreckage of the base.If it was possible his heart dropped even lower. The squadron continued to orbit earth scanning certain hot spots for activity.

ooc- basiscally just wiating for the my part to come into play. thanx for keeping me busy tho-ooc
Unread 22 Aug 2002, 17:59   #694
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Good, get them on board as fast as possible.

ooc// I meant gunships. 7-2=5 5-2=3 not 5-2=5 //ooc

Unread 23 Aug 2002, 11:35   #695
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"I supose they don't want the tank.." mutters Fluffie as he reaches out for his shield, sword and cooler unit. Holstering the weapons and carrying the box and can of beer with him, he leaves the tank, telling Nicholas to come along with his own gear and booze. They make their way over to the ramp of the ship as soon as it lands and get inside, searching for a spot near a window, where they sit down and continue drinking, expecting someone to come by later if they're needed...
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 06:25   #696
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hudre

As you make your way to one of the landing ships (PK's), several rifle and cannon shots streak past your ****pit. Apparently, several enemy WAVEs and vehicles had already closed with this group of survivors, and were attempting to destroy you before you were able to board the ships. As soon as the ramp is half-way down you leap aboard it with the help of your boosters (i.e. jump jets). John is right behind you. "Think we can cover their escape?" John asks, turning his WAVE around so that it now facing the oncoming enemy.

Terra

"Alright. We're going to be using the main cargo bay doors this time, so grab a couple extra clips of ammo and let's go." The man says, checking to make sure the weapon's safety was on. Once he is satisfied, your guide races out of the armory and runs down the hallway, obviously expecting you and Mike to keep up.

Hannibal

/ooc You'll get your action in another post session or two. ooc/

"Sir, I'm picking up heavy engine burns around the Capital. Looks like the ships there are making their move."
"Yeah, and we aren't the only ones who've noticed. I've just picked up a hefty chuck of Majestic hardware heading this way to block those ships' escape: at least two battle cruisers and four destroyers. Oh, and I lost track of how many gunship at around sixty."
"Orders, sir?" everyone in your makeshift squadron asks almost simultaneously.

PK

"Aye sir. I'm picking up some Majestic units closing in behind the Commonwealth forces, looks like they don't want anyone to leave here alive."
A moment later your ship touches down with a jar, and you receive the report that the loading ramp is being lowered now.

/ooc First, there were 12 gunships. You destroyed one, and the PDLs destroyed one on the first pass. 12-2=10
They come around again, you damage two which the PDLs finish off, and the PDLs also take care of three gunships by themselves.
10-5=5. ooc/

Fluffie

No sooner have you left the tank than it explodes from a barrage of cannon and rifle fire from a group of Majestic tanks and WAVEs that are closing. You can also see several APCs filled with powered infantry; these are already unloading their deadly cargo. You and your Russian friend are among the first to enter one of the ships (ND's). Several bullets wizz past your head, and as you enter the packed cargo bay via the ramp you see several crewmen armed with guns already taking up positions and firing back at the oncoming powered infantry.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 10:41   #697
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie continues his search for a window, dragging the cooler unit along. There was nothing he could do, all he had were his fancy sword, shield and armour, not usefull if the ship was bound for take off within seconds. Wondering wether Nicholas was coming along, he still tried to occupy a window position..
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 13:14   #698
Immortal Squish

/ooc Alright, I've got a new comp (mostly new anyway) and now can post from home ooc/

Squish stumbles towards the ****pit to get a view of what they slammed into and see if the vehicle is still operational.
Unread 24 Aug 2002, 15:43   #699
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre

As you make your way to one of the landing ships (PK's), several rifle and cannon shots streak past your ****pit. Apparently, several enemy WAVEs and vehicles had already closed with this group of survivors, and were attempting to destroy you before you were able to board the ships. As soon as the ramp is half-way down you leap aboard it with the help of your boosters (i.e. jump jets). John is right behind you. "Think we can cover their escape?" John asks, turning his WAVE around so that it now facing the oncoming enemy.

"We can try!" Hudre unleashes shots at the nearest enemy, his hope of escape now giving him...hope.

Unread 24 Aug 2002, 15:54   #700
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"Get them on board, fast. Cover them with all weapons, but be careful not to hit our own."

ooc// ok, must have got confused somewhere //ooc