User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2002, 03:15   #601
xdj Scott

Quickly making his way to the other three WAVE Pilots waiting to be picked up, he draws his gun and prepares himself. Even though he is a gun ship pilot he was quite accurate with pistol guns. Still waiting for the massive ship he hopes to be picked up soon...
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 06:21   #602
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Hewitt

You can see the smirk that forms on the man's face at your reply. "Doesn't matter, so long as it equals 300 Commonwealth credits."

/ooc You won't be needing much money were you're going anyway, and I rather doubt Commonwealth credits are going to be worth much anytime soon, btw. ooc/

PK

Your first officer thinks for a moment, and then nods. "Yeah, we could use the point defense lasers to melt a big enough hole in the doors once we've gotten the rumble cleared off. It'll probably draw some attention, though, so as soon as we're done we'd better punch it out of the hangar before some Majestic goons swarm in."
"Two minutes until the rumble is completely clear, sir. The men are working as fast as they can." the comm officer reports.

Fluffie

/ooc You think he's overpowered now? He hasn't done anything yet. ooc/

The man is startled by the hatch suddenly popping open, but recovers quickly and backflips off of the rear of the tank. A few moments later you join him on the ground, sword and shield in hand, while Nicholas shifts from shooting to driving. "So . . . you wish to duel me . . . good. En garde!!" the man transmits to you, and then launches into a series of attacks that batter your shield. From the way it is now buckling with every hit that the man lands, your shield will be useless in another two or three blows. The man doesn't seem interested in stopping his lightning-fast slashes, either. His next attack is a slash that you parry with your own sword, but somehow you rolls his blade over the tip of your sword, so that his weapon is now against the inner edge of your blade instead of the outer edge, and thus is inside your defenses. You have a split second to recognize the danger before the man continues his swing, bringing the blade down toward the place where your neck and right shoulder meet.

Crazyboy

/ooc Seems like ND has handled your situation and your reply already. ooc/

Hannibal377

The other pilots seem to get a grip on themselves after hearing your words, and the rag-tag squadron continues its search for the surviving Commonwealth capital ships. "I'm picking up a lot of ships burning up out of the atmosphere, heading for Earth orbit. Looks like a lot of guys are going to try to run Majestic's blockade." one pilot commented. "Yeah, and good luck to them! That blockade is pretty d*mn tight . . . doubt more than a handful of ships will make it through." Conversation continues about the odds those ships would be facing, and then dies down. There is still no sign of Commonwealth forces in the area, although one Majestic gunboat is inching in a bit close to you.

Terra

Several times the hull groans or creaks around you as you pull a seemingly impossible maneuever, in the atmosphere no less. Eventually you manage to inch close enough to the Gunboat Diplomat that it is able to cover you. Several point defense lasers turns and sends bolts streaking past you, missing you by only a few inches. This wall of cover fire forces the Majestic pilot to break off, and you hear him call, "See you in h*ll, fool!!" Just as he turns his gunship away, he fires off a single missile. The missile lock warning wails in your ears, and then you feel like someone just ramming a boot into the small of your back as the missile impacts, jarring your gunship viciously and finishing off the rear armor and engines. Time seems to slow down, but you can clearly hear Mike screaming, "Eject!! Eject!! We're almost there anyway!! Eject, d*mnit!!"

Hudre

You are about to reach out to the man, when the tank hatch suddenly pops open, forcing the man to backflip off of the tank to get away. A man in a police model suit of powered armor appears a moment later, a shield in one hand and a sword in the other. The police officer climbs down off of the tank after the Majestic trooper, and they face-off for a few seconds before beginning to duel. The Majestic man appeared to be quite good with sword, forcing the police officer to stay on the defense for the most part. You then notice that there are several blips approaching on your sensor grid: more tanks and a Banshee.

No Dachi

"That one friendly gunship has entered effective point defense range . . . beginning cover fire now." your Gunner says, erecting a wall of fire that leaves the police gunship untouched but forced the Majestic gunship to break away or die. The Gunner pumps his fist up in the air, and then suddenly yells, "Oh sh*t!!" The friendly gunship blip begins to fade from your sensor grid, and the Gunner mutters, "Come on . . . eject!"
"All nearby friendly units are ready to be picked up, except perhaps for the pilots of that gunship . . . if they ejected, they should arrive at the loading point in another minute or so." the sensor operator reports.

David91

/ooc No problem . . . I know returning to find yourself in an entirely new area can be a real pain. ooc/

Shortly after leaving your street and heading for the spaceport, you picked up Nick's WAVE exitting from a nearby street as well. The two of you joined up, and then headed for the spaceport together. Almost all of the enemy units were busy attacking the spaceport, so you made it about halfway to the spaceport before you were detected. A pair of gunships dove out of the sky to strafe you and Nick, but they made only one pass, thankfully. Several nearby enemy tanks begin to move in to intercept you, however, but you managed to outrun or destroy them. You meet with little resistance after that until you actually make it to the spaceport itself. Once there, you receive a general transmission from the Gunboat Diplomat (ND), offering to take you aboard if you leave your WAVEs behind. Your WAVE is pretty much scrap anyway, so you are convinced to accept the offer after discussing it with Vincent. Heading toward the place where the ship will pick you up, you run into a group of Majestic WAVEs and tanks heading the other way. There is a big shoot-out, but you and Nick manage to escape by ducking behind a nearby hangar. The enemy follows you, but you manage to stay one step ahead of them by weaving in and out of the ruins of the spaceport, all the way to the pick-up spot. Now you simply have to wait for ND to land the ship so that you can eject and come aboard. Unfortunately, waitting means that you have to survive against that large group of WAVEs and tanks that have been chasing you.

/ooc There, is that what you were looking for? I hope that this explains what has happened to you, and how you got to be almost directly underneath ND's ship, fighting for your life against hordes of enemy troops. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. ooc/

Scott

You are not sure which enemy units to target, considering most are massive WAVEs and tanks that your pistol wouldn't hurt even if you hit them directly in a critical spot. There are several squads of powered infantry swarming around between the tanks and WAVEs, however. One particular infantryman raises his assult rifle and squeezes off half a dozen shots, which bounce off the concrete next to you. Looking around for some cover, you see some stacked barrels next to a nearby hanger. If the barrels aren't empty for filled with explosives, they should make some nice cover . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 09:29   #603
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
ooc: Thanks, that's great.

*David realises that his sword has come out of the WAVE's socket thingy for it, he grabs it and quickly shoves it in an empty weapon socket which automatically secures it in, so he can use it again.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 10:03   #604
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
You know, that situation looks rather nasty and I'm still a weeeee little bit tired at the moment, so I'm just going to scream (out of character of course) that I'm going to die and I might just reply with a post that will save my day later...

M'kay
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 11:43   #605
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
"Set us down, try to keep those gunships off our backs while we take them in."

No Dachi waits in his seat, tense and wondering if he's going to get off this planet alive. The entire ship jarrs as it touches down on the ground.

"Open the hold doors, and hurry it up for God's sake, point defense concentrate on keeping fire off the engines and off the open door at the back, that's out weakspot. If one missile gets in we're good as dead."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 13:13   #606
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy follows the Engineer down the hatch and into the ship. Crazy follows the guy, looking at the ship, thinking how much cosier a gunship is*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 13:26   #607
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
The engineer slams the hatch shut as soon as Crazy drops through it, and Crazy sees a low cielinged, narrow passageway running from left to right. He has to crouch to move through it. The engineer leads him through the ship past a mass of pipes, some of which hiss steam, untill eventually he comes to a drop in the floor, which he goes down through. They find themselves in a very small room, the engineer opens the slidingdoor of the room and points Crazy out into the clean corridor beyond.

"Through there, walk around untill you find a crewmen who'll lead you down to wherever you need to be led. Anyway, nice meeting ya'."

With that the man pulls himself back up into the passageway and dissapears oiut of sight.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 14:51   #608
Hannibal377

ooc-so should I be looking around the other solar system planets for the fleet or are they under the control of Majestic Forces-ooc

"I want three ships to stay here and pick up survivors of the blockade. The remaider of squad Cappa will fit perfectly I think. The rest will help me assult the in coming gun boat. NO sloppy fire. We need to conserve until we can find the fleet and reload.
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 17:11   #609
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

"Looks like our ride is coming down." Vincent said, and you look up to see that the Gunboat Diplomat was gradually powering down its drives, and lowering itself down to the spaceport's tarmac. "Guess it's time to power down, climb out, and make a run for it."

Fluffie

/ooc Certainly. Of course, I could give you a little bit of help . . . ooc/

No Dachi

"Understood sir. I'm throwing everything I've got at them." the Gunner replied, and continued to weave a web of laser fire about the ship, trying to keep the gunship away. Meanwhile, the ship lands without any problems, and you see that one of the WAVE pilots has already powered down and is climbing out.

Hannibal377

/ooc No, your sensors don't reach that far, and it would take your tiny gunship about a month to reach Mars. ooc/

"We're going to assult A GUNBOAT!!?? Are you nuts!!?" one of the nay-sayers in the group whined as everyone except the remaider the Kappa Squadron turned to engage the capital ship. Point-defense fire began to open up, still out of effective range but unnerving nonetheless. Suddenly the three laser cannons pointed on its prow fired, sending long, massive streaks of light at your squadron. Although easily dodged, the cannon shots would vaporize a gunship in one hit, which is unfortunately what happened. One pilot was too slot in diving to one side, and fly directly into a blast. Nothing emerged from the other side except a fine mist. "Charlie!!! NNOO!!" one of the gunship's wingmen exclaimed, then dove in at the gunboat, ahead of you and the others.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 17:54   #610
Hannibal377

"I've lost my mind. It won't come back." He mumbled under is breath. It was true it was all gone nothing was left. "PILOT GET BACK HERE!" It was to late the fighter explode under the criss-crossing lines of anti-fighter fire. "All those who still have missles hit the engines. Everyone else engage the anti-fighter turrets. AVIOD the prow and large beam cannons." The slaughter would be terrible ,but the fleet was nowhere in sight. It was all they could do. "These men have massacred are brothers and sisters"
Vengeance will be ours!" They were close now Hannibal targeted the nearest turret and opened up with his a rocket and then finished with his guns. The turret disappeared under a cloud of explosions. On his radar he could see the lights blinking out.
-Nothing-

ooc-thanks. Just trying to figure out what your limitations on space are.-ooc
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 18:20   #611
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre

You are about to reach out to the man, when the tank hatch suddenly pops open, forcing the man to backflip off of the tank to get away. A man in a police model suit of powered armor appears a moment later, a shield in one hand and a sword in the other. The police officer climbs down off of the tank after the Majestic trooper, and they face-off for a few seconds before beginning to duel. The Majestic man appeared to be quite good with sword, forcing the police officer to stay on the defense for the most part. You then notice that there are several blips approaching on your sensor grid: more tanks and a Banshee.

Hudre grabs his shotgun and begins reloading it."John, you see those majestic forces? We should stop them before they ge to this tank, if the good guy kills that majestic *******, he'll be able to help us, but he won't be able to if they destroy the tank." Hudre moves forward, pat the fight, making his foot go dangerously close to the back of the majestic infantry man, just to give him a scare.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2002, 18:54   #612
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Ok. Send out a general message to all remaining Commonwealth forces, tell them if they can reach us within 3 minutes, we'll take them, their equipment too, unless we run out of space for people.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2002, 08:21   #613
Immortal Squish

Quote:
Immortal
The pistol booms in the confined space, and you hear a zing as the pistol bullet wizzes past your ear to bounce off the inside of the tank's hull. It is now the pilot's turn to be surprised as you kick the leg out from under him, but clearly he is too terrified to surrender, and swings the gun back in your direction, pulling the trigger rapidly as he swung it around.

Squish dodges out of the line of fire as the pilot aims the pistol back at him, "Fine, have it your way." Squish counters by twisting the weapon away from the pilot with one hand, and heaving him into the wall with the other.
Unread 10 Aug 2002, 10:53   #614
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Fluffie

/ooc Certainly. Of course, I could give you a little bit of help . . . ooc/
Help? Nah, not yet... I just forgot

Hmmm... Rereading didn't make me feel much better, but here goes.

---

Fluffie lets himself fall to the floor, dropping his weapons and grabbing his shotgun while falling flat on his back. He immidiatly brings his feet up and kicks the men with both legs in the chest, launching him away while pumping a shell in the shotgun's barrel and sitting upright, firing a few times in the direction the man was flying.

---

Aha! Beat that!!
Unread 10 Aug 2002, 15:07   #615
David91

*David sees the approaching enemy units, he figures out a plan, he walks his WAVE directly in between them and the ship, then jumps out with Vincent and makes a run for the ship. With the WAVE set in this position, it will block enemy gunfire on David and Vincent until the enemy get past it.*
Unread 10 Aug 2002, 15:54   #616
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"Lady, can't you see we're trying to evacuate this building? I don't have time to look at your papercut." the doctor shouts up, but then he takes a closer look at you and seems to stare. Looking down to try to figure out what he was looking at, you see that your police uniform and shirt had been stained a charming hue of crimson, a result of having hauled Candice into your WAVE's ****pit. "What the -" the doctor mutters, and then you manipulate the WAVE's controls so that it kneels. You then move to one side of the ****pit, allowing the doctor to get his first good look at Candice. His eyes widen, and he mutters, "Oh God . . ." several times, and then shouts, "Unpack the stuff!! We have a patient!!" The doctor clambers up the WAVE, heedless of his own safety, and motions for you to exit the ****pit and stay out of the way. You do so, and watch as the doctor carefully undos the safety harness that you tightly buckled around Candice to prevent her from moving. She moans softly, and then fades back into consciousness as the doctor picks her up and somehow manages to carry her down the side of the WAVE. There are several other doctors and nurses waitting at the feet of the WAVE, and they quickly surrond the doctor and your friend. They use the hard parking lot pavement as an operating table, first injecting several painkillers into Candice, and then setting up a IV that was attached to a blood bag. They work quickly and firmly, cleaning out Candice's various wounds before stitching them shut. They manage to set Candice's arm, but are unable to put it in a cast at the current time, partly for time reasons and partly becuase they simply didn't have the right materials for the job. Instead they put a brace on it, and hoped that it would hold until they could get away. Candice seemed to be looking slightly better now, and even some color had returned to her cheeks. The doctor walks over to you, wiping his bloody hands on a rag. "Your friend was badly injured, but it seems that she will make a full recovery. We will take her will us in the ambulance. Do you think you could give us some cover, at least until we got out of the city? We've very much behind schedule at the moment, we should have been out of here forty minutes ago."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn looks at the ruined city and the explosions going off all over the place and she also looks at the last of the Starships picking uop survivirs.

She can see ther Majestic Aircraft flying overhead.

The city, the place she grew up in was now a wreck.

And all for what, Why had Majestic done this, they were all aprt of the same race.....humanity....they, we all bleed red blood we all have children.

and now all that was all thrown away, years of hatred will follow....Yes Majestic had won a battle, but so did the Nazi's in the Second World War.....five years later, their leader had died and the country lay in ruins.

That would happen to Majestic...and she would be around to see it

Yes i will escort you, after all there is nothing here, just hold on a minute....Jenn runs to a nearby wrecked ambulance (cooo a really significant massive DM bribe here and maybe anohter LH type special hug me thinks ) to get a first aid kit that is better than the one in the WAVE, and also a gerenal toolkit as well

Lets go then

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2002, 07:20   #617
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hannibal377

Amazingly enough, the crazed gunship pilot manged to survive the first wave of point-defense fire, which gave him enough time to fire off two missiles. These two missiles streaked in and slammed into a point defense turret mounted along the dorsal section of the gunboat, close to the bow (this is the one that you destroy in a flurry of rocket and gunfire). The second round of firing is a different story, however, as several point defense blasts punch holes in the gunship's right wing, effectively destroying it. "D*mnit, I'm a goner!! But I'm going to make sure they aren't taking anymore of you guys down!! See you in ****, you Majestic - " the pilot's last words are cut out as he rams his almost out-of-control gunship into the gunboat's bridge. There is a massive explosion as the gunship plows through the capital ship's bridge, its armament detonating, and then its fusion reactor going as well. Abruptly, the point defense turrets loose their precision, their control had been switched from computer control over to the individual gunners. "Let's get out of here!!" one of your pilots said, beginning to bring his fighter around in a loop that would take him away from the wounded ship.

/ooc You can finish the gunboat if you wish, but it will cost you a few pilots . . . ooc/

Hudre

As you move to engage the Majestic units, you recieve a transmission. "This is *bzzt* Captain Kerensky. I'm ordering a *static* retreat. All units *bzzt* fall back to *static*. Repeat, all units *bzzt* fall back to spaceport." As you move past the fight between the infantrymen, the Majestic soldier leaps forward only to be kicked back by the police officer, who suddenly draws his shotgun and fires.

PK

"Message sent, sir. It seems a majority of the troops have already been loaded up, however." the communications officer reports as he taps in the necessary commands to broadcast the message to all nearby friendly units.

Immortal

You wrentch the gun out of the pilot's hands, and pick him up off of the wall to throw him against the wall. He rebounds off of it, and shakes his head to clear it, before dropping into a defensive karate stance and reaching one hand down to pull out a knife from his utility belt.

Fluffie

/ooc Oi, where'd you go in Identity Crisis? ooc/

You time the attack almost perfectly, as the man leaps forward at you to avoid a stomp from a Commonwealth WAVE. You catch the man with your feet and then kick him backward into the air, drawing your shotgun as you do so. You fire several shots, only to watch in amazement as the man suddenly thrusts his arm out toward the ground, burying his sword. This serves as an anchor point, and he pivots around it, flipping through the air to land on his feet. This also causes most of your shots to miss, although thanks to the scattering pattern of the shotgun you do notice that some armor is missing from his shoulders and back. During this, you recieve some sort of transmission from a corperal or something like that, telling you to go somewhere . . .

David91

You power down your WAVE and clamber out, trying to get down to the ground as quickly as possible. Vincent is right behind you, and you both run as quickly as you can toward the ship. A man stands at the doorway into the ship, waving you toward him and yelling over the gunfire, "Come on!!" Your WAVE does indeed serve as a magnet for enemy fire, and you about three-fourths of the way to the ship when a lucky round finds the ammunition bin, and the resulting explosion flings you forward onto the ground.

Lady Hawk

There is indeed a crippled ambulance sitting in the parking lot, clearly the recipient of an enemy shell. Popping open the back, you find a fairly large first aid kit sitting there, practically waiting for you. Popping open the lid, you see that it is indeed better than your WAVE's first-aid kit, containing a syringe full of what you imagine to be some sort of painkiller, as well as the usual bandages, rubbing alcohol, etc. When you try to pick it up, however, you find that there is some resistance, as if it were tied down somehow. Climbing into the back of the ambulance more, you look behind the first aid kit to see what could be keeping it held down. You almost retch when you see that what was holding it down was a dead man, his right hand wrapped around a side handle of the first-aid kit in literally a deathgrip. His eyes are open, and they stare up at you, seemingly empty, and yet full of remorse. You quickly unwrap the man's fingers and jerk the first-aid kit free, and then get out of there. Searching around up front reveals another body, and also a tool kit, probably taken along to fix any minor problems with the ambulance's engine.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 11 Aug 2002, 12:13   #618
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Use the primaries to 'open' the doors now please. When we're out, wait till the three minutes are up, then lift off.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 11 Aug 2002, 15:56   #619
Hannibal377

ooc- f that-ooc

"Well that was *bleep*'in lucky" hannibal's wingman luaghs as the flight heads back to squadron Kappa. "Squadron Kappa any ships amke it through?"
Unread 11 Aug 2002, 16:07   #620
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

There is indeed a crippled ambulance sitting in the parking lot, clearly the recipient of an enemy shell. Popping open the back, you find a fairly large first aid kit sitting there, practically waiting for you. Popping open the lid, you see that it is indeed better than your WAVE's first-aid kit, containing a syringe full of what you imagine to be some sort of painkiller, as well as the usual bandages, rubbing alcohol, etc. When you try to pick it up, however, you find that there is some resistance, as if it were tied down somehow. Climbing into the back of the ambulance more, you look behind the first aid kit to see what could be keeping it held down. You almost retch when you see that what was holding it down was a dead man, his right hand wrapped around a side handle of the first-aid kit in literally a deathgrip. His eyes are open, and they stare up at you, seemingly empty, and yet full of remorse. You quickly unwrap the man's fingers and jerk the first-aid kit free, and then get out of there. Searching around up front reveals another body, and also a tool kit, probably taken along to fix any minor problems with the ambulance's engine.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn throws up as she climbs out of the Ambulance, she heaves until she is throwing up nothing

But she has the Medi Kit and the Tool kit, as the paramedic comes over to see if she is alright she takes a swig of ughhhh water....ughhh to clean out her mouth.

Looking at the ambulance one last time she climbs into the WAVE and stores the new equipment away.

She goes thru the standard checks and then powers the WAVE's systems she signals a thumbs up to the Driver and then she point for them to lead the way.

Once last time she looks at the hospital, on a secure WAVE waveband that is encrypted (a low frequency channel, not a command channel because they mey be monitored) Jenn sends a call

To All surviving WAVE or BANSHEE piolts or anyone listeng in this is the last call of Pvt Jennifer Gonzalese, if you can hear me and you are able to move. this city is doomed i have some survivors with me, if you wish to join us then make your way to (jenn selects a point on the outskirts of the city on the route that they are goingh to take) and please bring any equipment you can....

Unread 12 Aug 2002, 01:30   #621
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On Feeling the Hit of the Missile on the rear of the Gunship and seeing the engine Indicator turn red and feeling the power drain decrease dramatically, then the enemy Gunship pilots taunts, i hear Mike Screaming eject.

I Pull the Eject capsule handle as the Gunship nears the Gunboat Diplomat..... and as the Pod rises up from the Gunship i watch as the Gunship spirals lazily towards the ground mortally hit.....

Already thinking ahead one day when i get a new Gunship if ever revenge will be mine!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 02:43   #622
Immortal Squish

"So you want it like that? Fine." Squish drops the magazine out of the pilot's pistol, ejects the bullet from the chamber, and casually tosses them away.

He then holsters his own pistols and drops into his Jeet Kune Do fighting stance. Squish confidently gestures for his opponent to take the first attack, and prepares to evade and counter.
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 03:46   #623

OOC: Where the hell am I now? Because I lost track of the thread.
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 09:32   #624
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

You can see the smirk that forms on the man's face at your reply. "Doesn't matter, so long as it equals 300 Commonwealth credits."

/ooc You won't be needing much money were you're going anyway, and I rather doubt Commonwealth credits are going to be worth much anytime soon, btw. ooc/
*Hewitt mentally crumbled about the greed of humanity before calmly replying.*

Sure, no problem. I'll pay you as soon as you get my WAVE and I onboard.

*Hewitt then picked up the bundle of cash from the co(kpit floor and dangled it in front of his windshield for the man to see to dispell any questions of Hewitt's financial status.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 15:32   #625
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre reads his scanners and map."Alright John, after we take care of these three, we should bring that tank with us just in case we meet up with anymore, so let's get 'em!

Unread 12 Aug 2002, 18:10   #626
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy wanders around the destroyer, looking for a crew man to tell him where to go, while whistling to himself*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 18:18   #627
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

PK

"Understood, sir." both Gunner and Helmsman respond, and seconds later the primary laser cannons mounted on the bow of your ship power up and fire, blowing huge holes in the doorway. This weakens the door severely, and the end result is that the door rips off of its hinges to crash to the ground outside. The way was now clear, but some dramatic an exit is bound to attract the attention of any nearby Majestic soldiers. "Lift off in one minute." The Helmsman reported, just as several Commonwealth soldiers limped into the hangar. "Can you give us a hand here?" One of them transmits to the bridge, helping a wounded comrade limp along.

Hannibal377

"No ships have taken off from the capital (New York) yet, couple launched from a Los Angeles spaceport, but they were shot down by gunships before they even got out of the atmosphere. Don't know what's happening on the other side of the world."

Lady Hawk

The ambulance heads out of the hospital parking lot at high speed, and accelerates once it hits the actual road. Most people were hiding in their homes, and the streets were almost completely empty. After you send out your transmission, you wait for several minutes in silence until the comm crackles to life. "This is Private Victor. I'm currently at the spaceport trying to buy some time for our ships to lift off. If you hurry, you might be able to catch a ship. If you've got other plans, and assuming I somehow survive this, do you have any idea where we could meet outside of the city?"

Terra

You see the enemy pilot lazily do a barrel roll, and then streaks off into the sky. You land fairly hard, but fortunately nothing appears to be broken. Looking around, you see that Mike has landed about ten feet away, and almost 100 yards directly ahead of you is your objective, the Gunboat Diplomat. The ship has landed, and you can see several people jumping inside, probably some other soldiers that they were picking up. The enemy seem preoccupied with trying to shoot those currently boarding the ship, and thus has not noticed you and Mike yet.

Immortal

The pilot lunges forward with the trademark downward stab, but suddenly twists his wrist around halfway down, rotating the blade from vertical to horizontal. He then continues the downward motion, but also swings the knife across the body, so that the knife, instead of stabbing downward, is slashing diagonally downward, most likely slashing you arm if you put one up to block the attack.

James

/ooc you’re sitting at the spaceport, being swarmed by gunships and the like, while picking up passengers (if you want). In another couple posts, everyone will be taking off and getting out of there. ooc/

Hewitt

"Ok, that's fine. Come on aboard!" the man said, stepping to one side while he lowered his microphone. He gestured at the small crowd of people still milling around the loading ramp, and a minute later they moved aside to clear a path for you.

Hudre

"Righto." John said, firing off a missile at the Banshee. The missile detonated against the WAVE's chest, causing it to stagger backward. The Banshee retaliated by firing off a burst from its machine gun, causing light damage to John's WAVE.

Crazyboy

Turning a corner, you almost run into a crewman coming from the other direction. "Hey! What are you doing here? You a "passenger"?" the man asks, looking you up and down suspiciously.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 18:42   #628
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Best hurry it up, we've only got 1 minute before we leave, so get on board.

Unread 12 Aug 2002, 18:49   #629
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"NYPD Gunship pilot. Just landed on your ship"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 18:54   #630
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre's shotgun aims and steadies as it locates on of the tanks. Hudre runs at the tank, and goes left when he sees the tank's weapons move to lock on to him. Hudre fires when he reaches mid-range of the shotgun.

Unread 12 Aug 2002, 19:26   #631
David91

Quote:
David91

You power down your WAVE and clamber out, trying to get down to the ground as quickly as possible. Vincent is right behind you, and you both run as quickly as you can toward the ship. A man stands at the doorway into the ship, waving you toward him and yelling over the gunfire, "Come on!!" Your WAVE does indeed serve as a magnet for enemy fire, and you about three-fourths of the way to the ship when a lucky round finds the ammunition bin, and the resulting explosion flings you forward onto the ground.
"Agh moose!"

*David starts crawling forwards, then the momentum alows him to pick himself up and continue his run to the ship.*
Unread 12 Aug 2002, 20:21   #632

"Get those people moving faster!" James shouts as another barrage of gunship cannon fire rains onto the Archipelago.

"They're moving as fast as they can!"

"Tell 'em to go faster unless they want to be left behind!" James yells.

"Sure!"
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 02:16   #633
Terra Australis

"Mike we had better make our way to that ship before the enemy ground forces notice us."

In a Message to the Captain of the Gunboat diplomat, via a handheld radio that is part of the survival pack you get when you eject

This is Fox-1 well minus our Gunship we are currently making our way to your ship, so far we have not been noticed but i fear that wont last forlong"
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 04:00   #634
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

PK

You hear some grumbling from the infantry, but they speed up slightly, and are almost to the ramp when several Majestic powered infantry appear in the hangar doorway. They open fire, their bullets bouncing off the entry ramp.

Crazyboy

The man nods once, as if he understands. "Ok then, you must be the guy I was ordered to escort." he puts his hand out for a handshake. "Where do you want to go? Your wingman made it as well, btw."

Hudre

There is a bright flash of light at the end of the cannon's barrel, but the shell misses as you suddenly strafe to the left. You fire your shotgun, and the pellets scourer armor off of the tank's turret and front, but fail to cripple it. Meanwhile, John seems to be busy exchanging blows with the Banshee.

David91

You continue running toward the ship, and can hear the whistle of bullets speeding past your ear. Somehow, you are not hit, and are suddenly at the edge of the ramp. "Come on gramps!!" the crewman at the top yells, grabbing you by the arm and dragging you inside, just as a burst of fire sparks off the side of the ship.

James

The ship rocks again as the enemy gunship unleashes a wave of missiles against your grounded ship. "Sir, we can't take much more of this!!" the chief engineer yells. "Sir, the last soldier is about." came the report from the bay.

Terra

"Understood, Fox-1. Just get here as soon as you can. We're lifting off in two minutes." came the reply, and Mike began to run toward the Gunboat Diplomat. "Come on, the sooner we start moving the less time they'll have to notice us!!"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 09:05   #635
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

"Ok, that's fine. Come on aboard!" the man said, stepping to one side while he lowered his microphone. He gestured at the small crowd of people still milling around the loading ramp, and a minute later they moved aside to clear a path for you.
*Hewitt just nods as he straightens up his WAVE and began to move forward towards and then up the loading ramp, entering the Flaming Mustang.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 10:27   #636
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"Can you use the point defences to help those people? If not, have you got any other ideas?"

Unread 13 Aug 2002, 12:03   #637
David91

*David follows inside and looks around for Vincent.*
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 15:44   #638
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre

There is a bright flash of light at the end of the cannon's barrel, but the shell misses as you suddenly strafe to the left. You fire your shotgun, and the pellets scourer armor off of the tank's turret and front, but fail to cripple it. Meanwhile, John seems to be busy exchanging blows with the Banshee.

Hudre continues moving towards the tank. Watching the turret, Hudre goes right as fast as his WAVE will let him. When he sees, the tank's turret start moving towards him again, Hudre this time runs straight at the tank, firing at it.

Unread 13 Aug 2002, 15:55   #639
Terra Australis

Mike and i begin Bolting directly for the Gunboat Diplomat, as we dont want to get captured by the Majestic forces..... who knows what would happen if they did, especially after how many of there pilots and Infantry Mike and i have killed....
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 16:08   #640
Hannibal377

"Alright, lets continue our burn around the planet. If we don't find the Capital ships we'll meet back here and try to destroy or at least disengage the gunships over New York." The Engines on the back of his Gunship flare up again and begin to propell him into a stable orbit.
Unread 13 Aug 2002, 16:57   #641
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy shakes the mans hand*

"Nice to meet you. You can just take me to my wingman. That'll be fine thanks"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 14 Aug 2002, 17:21   #642
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hewitt

You enter into the loading bay, stepping carefully to avoid kicking or stomping any of the people packed in the room. Eventually you reach a clear spot, and are able to power down, and exit your WAVE if you so wish. There are several other WAVEs scattered about the bay, but for the most part its packed full of powered infantrymen, some with thier armor, some without.
The loudspeaker suddenly blares, "Three minutes to takeoff."

PK

As soon as the words, "point defense" leave your mouth, the Gunner grins and says, "Yes sir." The point defense turrets suddenly power up, and the two closest to the bow of your ship open fire, shredding the infantry to pieces before they can even think about dodging to one side.

David91

You feel a hand grab ahold of your shoulder, and you turn to find Vincent standing there, wheezing. "Was . . . a couple . . . steps . . . behind you. I'm . . . too old . . . for this."

Hudre

This time when the tank fires, its shot is dead on, the shell slamming into your left shin. You almost stumble, but manage to right yourself in time. Sparing a quick glance at your armor indicator you see that your left leg is now bright orange. A moment before the tank fires, however, you fire, and then you fire again after you manage to stabilize yourself. The two shots are at close range, and tear the tank's armor apart. You fire a third time to be sure, and smoke begins billowing out through the numerous holes in the tank, and the hatch pops open to allow a group of crewmen to scurry out.

Terra

As you come closer to the spaceship, you see that a man is standing on top of the loading ramp, waving you on. You are now about thirty feet from the ship, and out of the corner of your eye you can see a WAVE turning to face you, sunlight glinting off the barrel of its machine gun.

Hannibal377

"Understood, sir." You continue your orbit around Earth, and soon a heartbreaking sight comes within view: the shattered remains of Earth Orbital. The wreckage was still continuing on its "sentry" orbit around Earth, but now its weapons are silent, its crew all dead after the self-destruct activated, taking out a small group of Majestic ships that were approaching to capture it.

Crazyboy

"Ok. He landed safely, so he's down in the main cargo hold right now, along with the rest of the "passangers". Right this way." the man turns and then leads you down a series of hallways, until he pulls open a door and nods. "He's in there, somewhere." Looking through the door you can see the main cargo hold of the ship, almost packed full of people.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Aug 2002, 17:25   #643
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk

The ambulance heads out of the hospital parking lot at high speed, and accelerates once it hits the actual road. Most people were hiding in their homes, and the streets were almost completely empty. After you send out your transmission, you wait for several minutes in silence until the comm crackles to life. "This is Private Victor. I'm currently at the spaceport trying to buy some time for our ships to lift off. If you hurry, you might be able to catch a ship. If you've got other plans, and assuming I somehow survive this, do you have any idea where we could meet outside of the city?"

----------------------------------------------------

Jenn responds - if you survive meet me - she gives the route the ambulance is taking and the park (DM bribe again ) that is on the outskirts of town.

Meet me there

with that she follows the ambulance....

Unread 14 Aug 2002, 17:41   #644
Terra Australis

Terra

As you come closer to the spaceship, you see that a man is standing on top of the loading ramp, waving you on. You are now about thirty feet from the ship, and out of the corner of your eye you can see a WAVE turning to face you, sunlight glinting off the barrel of its machine gun.

TO hell with this Mike Sprint and fast...... and also as we are runnng Dodge and move make it hard for it to his us.

"Fox-1 to Gunboat Diplomat we have a wave that is targettting us or appears to be, anyway we can sort of have it ocuppied as we are unarmed...... and also dont have armour if that wave shoots we are sitting ducks either that or you will have to leave without us..... unless you can distract it!"
Unread 14 Aug 2002, 17:46   #645
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre turns towards the fight with the Banshee is taking place, and moves close, so that he can hit the Banshee and not John, the Hudre fires.

Unread 14 Aug 2002, 18:17   #646
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Lady Hawk

"Understood. Victor out." just before the channel is cut you can hear a large explosion nearby; hopefully that wasn't the end of the private. You follow the amublance at a slight distance, not wanting to step on it if it had to stop suddenly. It begins to turn onto a new street, but suddenly stops. "Roadblock ahead. Looks like half a dozen infantry and a tank." the ambulance sends to you, and then you hear someone yelling into a loudspeaker, "This is Corporal Strife. You are to power down your vehicle and exit immediately." Apparently, you haven't been seen yet, since you were behind the vehicle, and are hidden from view by several buildings.

Terra

You put on an extra burst of speed (which is surprised considering you thought you were running as fast as you could already), yelling into your radio as you go. The WAVE opens fire, its machine gun tearing chucks of pavement up behind you, flinging them to strike the back of your legs as you run. Several of the Diplomat's turrets suddenly swing around, however, and pepper the enemy WAVE with fire. It stops firing momentarily, and by the time it has started to shoot at you again, you and Mike are already charging up the ramp, dragged into ship by the man waiting at the top, and a third gunship pilot (Scott) runs up the ramp before the man hits a button, causing the ramp to retract and the door to slid shut. "I think that's all of them. Takeoff!!" the man yells into his portable radio.

Hudre

You swing around to join John against the Banshee, only to watch as John fires yet another missile at it, blowing apart its chest. The WAVE collapses to the ground and does not try to raise again. "Heh....that was my last missile, but it was worth it." John explained.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Aug 2002, 19:34   #647
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre operates his comm"One more tank, and then we can get out of here." Hudre opens fire on the last tank.

Unread 14 Aug 2002, 19:47   #648
Hunter

Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
"Get us out of here, full speed. Just get past the atmosphere as soon as possible so they can't follow us." James orders.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 03:22   #649
Terra Australis

Onboard the Gunboat Diplomat, thanks for sticking around to get me out of here........ but i am sure glad that you could get all of us out of here!

Now i guess we gotta get through this blockade!
Unread 15 Aug 2002, 08:39   #650
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

You enter into the loading bay, stepping carefully to avoid kicking or stomping any of the people packed in the room. Eventually you reach a clear spot, and are able to power down, and exit your WAVE if you so wish. There are several other WAVEs scattered about the bay, but for the most part its packed full of powered infantrymen, some with thier armor, some without.
The loudspeaker suddenly blares, "Three minutes to takeoff."
*After powering down his WAVE, Hewitt jumps out of the co(kpit and begins to make certain that his WAVE is secure.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!