Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Aug 2002, 18:26   #551
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Fluffie

The beefy Russian lifts his right hand and none too gently cuffs you in the back of the head. "Quit poking me!! I am reloading as fast as I can!"

There is no response from the infantry, and you wonder why they weren't following your orders . . . a moment later that becomes clear as the comm crackles to life. "Sorry about that, we had to deal with a couple of infantry that decided to drop on by. We'll focus on the one you damaged. Out." You see several of the powered infantrymen sneak towards the wounded tank, trying to get into throwing range without being seen.

Planetkiller

Ok, you can be a ship captain, with occasional jounts in your WAVe. That good?

No Dachi

The gunships waver for a minute, and then seem to change tactics. "Sir, the enemy gunships have split into pairs, and are beginning to circle us, darting in to fire at our engines, and then dart back out." the sensor operator reports tensely, and the Gunner growls. "I can't keep track of them all!!"
"Port Engine 2 down to 87% integrity, Starboard 3 down to 76%."

Lady Hawk

You recieve no answer from Nick, nor from any of the other members of your group. The silence is eerie, but you manage to shake off your misgivings and head to the nearest hospital. Following the map, you reach the hospital just in time to see one last ambulance being loaded up, obviously in preparation of leaving.

Hudre

A moment later the reactor explodes, the brilliant light blinding you from seeing the all-consuming flame burst out of the hole in the Taurus's back, and then up and out through the head. Chucks of twisted armor bounced off of your WAVE, and when you can see again you see that the control console is blinking, reporting that armor on all of your body parts has dropped down to a bright orange. "Well . . . that's one way to eliminate an enemy." John comments dryly.

Immortal

Your shots rip through the crewman's torso, and he falls back into the tank. You clamber up the side of the tank before anyone else can draw a bead on you, and reach the hatch just as a second crewman is poking his head up. You shoot him too, a single shot right to the forehead that snaps his head back, slamming what's left of it against the tank hatch, and the man drops out of sight as his grip of the ladder is lost. Bullets spark off the hatch cover next to you, obviously you were not quite fast enough to climb up the tank in time to drop down into the tank before more of the crewman moved to stop you. You estimate that a tank for that size can only comfortably hold another three people, and one of them will have to drive, so you should only have two crewmen to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 18:31   #552
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie grins and pokes the Russian again. "Sorry... Must be some habit." he smirks, while recovering his hand and turning the tank to face the tank that wasn't damaged yet, nor had it been under attack before. He looks at the Russian and sighed. "Maybe you should try loading it manually, this stupid Majestic reloading system sucks utterly." he moaned, just thinking what would happen if that other tank could load faster
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 18:59   #553
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Crazy is on holiday, and I have to wait for him before I leave so can you just say he gets on board?

---

No Dachi coms the WAVE pilot and the Gunship pilots again.

"If you guys want a lift off here get on now or we're all dead!"
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 19:01   #554
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by No Dachi
Crazy is on holiday, and I have to wait for him before I leave so can you just say he gets on board?

---

No Dachi coms the WAVE pilot and the Gunship pilots again.

"If you guys want a lift off here get on now or we're all dead!"
If he is leaving, everyone else is probably leaving too.

I thought I was getting of the damned planet as well.

/me looks at Inspectre with a questioning look on his face
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 19:07   #555
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
yay!

*PK wakes up to the sound of blaring alarms*

"What the? Oh, yeah, I remember. Part of the hanger colapsed when majestic started fireing. I'd better get to the bridge."

*PK goes to the bridge*

"Can you get us out of the hangar? Are the doors ok? We have to help the Commonwealth Forces if we can."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 20:01   #556
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Wee I'm back \o/
------------------------

*Crazy sees the new gunboat arrivals attacking the Gunboat Diplomat, so charges at full throtal towards the destroyer. He carefully lines up behind one gunship and lets rip with the gatling gun at the gunships, trying to draw them away from the destroyer*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2002, 20:16   #557
No Dachi

No Dachi gets the other Gunship Pilot (Crazy) on the com.

"Pilot, I've changed my mind. Keep your Gunship up there and covering my ship and accompany us out into orbit, we'll arrange something up there."

Unread 5 Aug 2002, 01:48   #558
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
"Hey John, aren't you supposed to be happy i'm just alive?" Hudre grins and then looks at his armour and stops grinning. "I'm beggining to think that maybe we might have to run..." Hudre grabs his shotgun and looks for the nearest enemy.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2002, 05:40   #559
Immortal Squish

Squish holsters his right-hand pistol and releases one of his remaining grenades from his belt. He lightly tosses it into the hatch, without pulling the pin, and waits a moment. Following the screOnce the shooting stops, Squish leaps into the hatch and attacks the remaining crewmen with burst from his pistol and smacks from his powerfist. However, Squish avoids killing the tank pilot and offers to allow him to surrender.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 04:39   #560
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

/ooc Don't give me any ideas. ooc/

Nicholas barks out a laugh as the console turns green, indicating that the main gun is ready to fire again. The shell slams into the left tread of the tank, blowing it apart and thus immobilizing it. The tank returns fire, and your tank rocks brutally as the enemy shell slams into the front of your tank. Your armor indicator flashes to a bright orange on the front; another hit there and your tank is finished. "Perhaps some evasive maneuvers would be a good idea, comrade?"

Meanwhile, the infantry have reached throwing range of the tank, but become pinned down by the tank's machine gun. As you watch, the machine gun rips a trail along the ground, and into a powered infantryman's back. Fortunately, the man is still alive, but if that gunfire continues, he and the rest of the infantry won't be for long.

No Dachi

/ooc Both Terra and David91 seem to be inactive at the moment, probably on vacation. In any case, I'll RP for them so that the storyline can be moved on. ooc/

Both WAVEs begin to make their way towards your ship, now hovering over the spaceport. They manage to fight their way through the swarms of enemy units blocking their path, and now stand roughly below your ship, the target of enemy fire. If they eject now, they will be cut down . . . there must be something you can do.

"Sir, I've detected a WAVE powering up in one of the hangars near the spaceport (Hewitt)."

The other friendly gunship (Terra) begins to head toward you at maximum speed, the bluish-gray gunship right behind it, firing precise bursts that miss only because of the pilot's erratic flight.
"Shall I lay down some cover fire, sir?", the Gunner asks. It'll mean opening us up to those other gunships a bit, but I don't think that friendly will get here in one piece if we don't help
them."

PK

"The ship is undamaged, but still trapped beneath the rubble. It'll take another five minutes to clear the rest of it away." the first officer reports. "Five minutes!!?? Sir, the Majestic forces will have complete control of this spaceport in five minutes!" the sensor operator blurts out. "The hangar doors are also jammed, probably from the explosion."

Crazyboy

The gunship easily avoids your attacks, but its evasive maneuvers do mean that it is forced to abort its attack run on the Gunboat Diplomat. "Fool. Now I'll show you how a gunship is piloted." the gunship responds, and in a flurry of maneuvers, manages to slip in behind you. You hear the screech of a missile lock, one second before your gunship rocks. Your console flashes that your left engine has been taken out, and another blast like that will probably finish you completely. For now, you have temporary glide power, so you should be able to crash land somewhere . . . the shape of the Gunboat Diplomat suddenly looms before you.

Hudre

Looking around, you see that the Commonwealth forces have been devastated, and the majority of the Majestic forces have closed in about the capital. A moment later you receive the following transmission: "This is *bzzt* Captain *static* Kerensky. I'm *bzzt* in command now that *static* Sinclair is gone. Stay alive *bzzt* long as *static* can. We will fall back, *bzzt* Senate is a lost *static*. Kerensky out."

Immortal

As you leap down into the tank you are hit in the face by your grenade, as one of the crewmen has attempted to throw the "armed" grenade back out at you. As a result you land off-balance, but manage to get off a burst that takes out one of the two remaining crewmen. The last one, other than the pilot, is behind you, and takes advantage of you imbalance by kicking you in the small of your back, knocking you to the floor. You feel the man place his foot on your back, and the click of his pistol as he switches off the safety and aims the gun at your head . . . but you still have you machine pistols in-hand.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 06:39   #561
Immortal Squish

Aiming as best he can, Squish lets of a burst of fire into the Majestic soldier standing atop him. Squish then rolls into a crouching position and lets off another burst at the soldier if he's not quite dead yet.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 07:37   #562
xdj Scott

Rolling to the left and pulling the thrust to full speed Ryon veers the Renegade around a building and takes off towards No Dachi while turning on the Comm Channel...

"No Dachi, this is Gunship Pilot Ryon McCright... I have recieved your transmission.. if you have any room left I will take your offer to board!"
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 08:18   #563
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Hewitt

You had the foresight to open the hanger doors before you powered up the WAVE, and you leave the hanger without a hitch. You can see the terrible battle being waged all around you, and troops fleeing to hangers on the far side of the spaceport, hoping to find passage on a ship. A Majestic Hornet heavy tank suddenly rolls around the corner, and stops when it sees you, clearly surprised. You suddenly get a transmission from the tank: "You are to throw down your weapons and power down your WAVE immediately!! Do so, and you will not be harmed!!"
ooc: Sorry if my absence has been a hassle...

*Hewitt almost laughs out loud when he hears the radio message.*

Is this guy for real?

*Hewitt uses the time given to him to check that his weapons systems are in the green but he can't help himself but send a reply to the enemy tank.*

"Sure, I'll throw down my weapons for ya... CATCH!"

*At that moment the square on his HUD around the Hornet tank went from passive green to red as his missiles locked onto it. As soon as this happened, Hewitt gleefully pressed the trigger, sending a full barrage of missiles at the enemy tank. Not waiting for them to strike, Hewitt proceed to follow this up with the full fury of his trusty machine gun.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 10:55   #564
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Crazyboy

The gunship easily avoids your attacks, but its evasive maneuvers do mean that it is forced to abort its attack run on the Gunboat Diplomat. "Fool. Now I'll show you how a gunship is piloted." the gunship responds, and in a flurry of maneuvers, manages to slip in behind you. You hear the screech of a missile lock, one second before your gunship rocks. Your console flashes that your left engine has been taken out, and another blast like that will probably finish you completely. For now, you have temporary glide power, so you should be able to crash land somewhere . . . the shape of the Gunboat Diplomat suddenly looms before you.
*Crazy hits the air brakes, and pulls his gunships nose up, and hits the eject button, hoping that the sudden stopping of his gunship will make the following one ram into it and crash. Crazy tries to guide the ejection seat/escape pod/parachute/whatever towards the Gunboat Diplomat*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 11:01   #565
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie curses and shifts the tank into reverse, while Nicholas begins loading the main gun again. "I'll change our position, if you get out secondary weapons online to assist our infantry friends there." he quickly says, while parking his tank again, facing the other with an hopefully undamaged side now
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 15:56   #566
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
/
Terra

/ooc There's actually 12 of them, why you were thinking of 4 is I said Polearm-4, as in these are the same gunships that killed him. ooc/

You fire all of your remainning missiles at the enemy gunships, and then watch as the gunships smoothly break formation and begin to evade. One of the gunships actually waits until the missiles are almost upon him, and then ignites his "afterburners", melting the metal skin of the missiles and prematurely detonating their warheads. He rides out the resulting shockwave with only minor damage. Suffice to say, these are not your average gunship pilots. After dodging your missiles, eleven gunships form back up and continue to the spaceport, making strafing runs at the berthed spaceships. The twelfth one appears behind you, blasting away at you with its gatling gun. "You will be my seventh kill today." the gunship pilot comms to you, underlining his statement with a hail of gunfire.

[
Comming back to the Gunship Pilot.... "In your dreams mate, you had better be good if you think i will become your next Kill, i have several Majestic gunships to my credit and would be happy to add you to the list of my Kills"

On noticing the tracer fire pass the gunship i begin to weave and dodge furiously presenting as difficult a target as possible.

"Mike what we going to do about this, we have to try and lure this Bloke into a trap or something like that."

"This is Fox 1 to any allied Gunships we have come across a squadron that is attacking the space port we need help there is currently a ratio of 11 Gunships attacking the port and 1 that is on my tail..... we need to let them ships get off the ground"
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 17:23   #567
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

You can see that the enemy crewman is quite dead after you roll over onto your back and stand up. Your machine-pistol chewed a line diagonally up and across the man's chest, tearing it open. Turning your eyes away from the ghastly sight, you turn to see a pistol being pointed right at your faceplate. It is the last crewman, the pilot. "Autopilot." he says, and then begins to squeeze the trigger.

Scott

/ooc I'll leave the answer up to ND. ooc/

You are coming within sensor range of the spaceport now, and can see that Majestic forces are swarming it, while spaceships hover, trying to pick up everyone that they can before fleeing.

Hewitt

"Oh sh*t!!" you hear the tank operator yell as the tank slams into full reverse. The driver is not fast enough, as two missiles are spat out by you missile launcher. The two missiles home in on the tank, and fly under it before detonating, flipping the burning wreck over. The explosion would no doubt draw attention to this area, and you figure you have two or three minutes to find a ride off of this planet before reinforcements show up.

/ooc You have 4 missiles left. ooc/

Crazyboy

Insanely enough, you actually manage to land on top of the Diplomat. Cutting yourself free of your parachute, you turn to watch as the enemy gunship gracefully turns to rejoin its wingman. A sudden explosion that jars the deck under you brings you back to your vulnerable position. You wonder if now would be a good time to locate a hatch, before missile or gunfire knocks you off of your perch.

Fluffie

"Certainly." Nicholas replies, firing your tank's heavy machine gun at the damaged enemy one. The machine gun fire does little against the heavy tank's armor, but it does distract the gunner long enough for two infantrymen to pop up and hurl grenades. A few seconds pass, and then there is a massive explosion as the greandes' blast tears into the tank from the openings in its armor your grazing shell created. The gunfire comes to an abrupt halt, and the tank shakes from internal explosions, most likely the cannon shells detonating. The other tank suddenly breaks off, heading back for the rest of the Majestic forces. You wonder if he's merely retreating, or going off to gather reinforcements . . .

Terra

"I'd suggest that we head for the Diplomat and let their batteries cover us while we eject and somehow get inside. This guy is pretty good." Mike says as you juke the gunship to one side again, narrowly avoiding a burst of gatling gun fire.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 17:25   #568
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie curses as the tank drives off quickly. "Take a shot if you can." he mentions to Nicholas, while leaning out of the entry hatch, yelling at the infantry men. "Get back on! We're heading to more friendly grounds!"
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 17:31   #569
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

"Oh sh*t!!" you hear the tank operator yell as the tank slams into full reverse. The driver is not fast enough, as two missiles are spat out by you missile launcher. The two missiles home in on the tank, and fly under it before detonating, flipping the burning wreck over. The explosion would no doubt draw attention to this area, and you figure you have two or three minutes to find a ride off of this planet before reinforcements show up.

/ooc You have 4 missiles left. ooc/
Heh heh...

*Hewitt decides that hanging around might not be a good idea and heads in the direction of the nearest active Starship on his long range radar, performing the much practiced torso-twist sweep as he moves along.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:00   #570
No Dachi

No Dachi nods.

"Cover the friendly Gunships, they'll help us take care of the other fighters."

Coms: Recieving transmition from NYPD Gunship.

No Dachi listens to Scott's message.

"Return transmission."

Coms: Aye sir, return channel ready.

"Pilot if you want to get aboard then by all means do so, but take out some Majestic Gunships first, by all means...wait-"

No Dachi turns to his Sensors Officer.

"Get me a scan of Earth orbit, I want to know what kind of ships are up there, and what allegiance."

No Dachi turns back to the Coms Terminal.

"Stay airborn and help us with those Gunships, if there are Commonwealth ships in robit you might not have to ditch your aircraft."

Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:43   #571
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre

Looking around, you see that the Commonwealth forces have been devastated, and the majority of the Majestic forces have closed in about the capital. A moment later you receive the following transmission: "This is *bzzt* Captain *static* Kerensky. I'm *bzzt* in command now that *static* Sinclair is gone. Stay alive *bzzt* long as *static* can. We will fall back, *bzzt* Senate is a lost *static*. Kerensky out."

Hudre starts looking for John, and the fastest way away from Majestic forces.

Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:47   #572
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

"That I will." Nicholas says, mashing the "fire" button as the console turns green again. Unfortunately, his aim is a bit off, and the cannon shell burrows into the ground a few feet behind the fleeing tank.
"More friendly ground? Hahah . . . look around, man. The Senate building is about to fall! And as soon as it does, they're going come for us!!" one of the infantymen growls.
Looking at you sensor grid, you notice that there is a powered infantry man approaching. Looking out, you see a man in a bluish-grey suit of body armor calmly walking towards your tank, sword drawn.

Hewitt

A powered-up ship is not too far away, as you round a corner and see an old destroyer hovering above the spaceport, being swarmed by Majestic gunships. Stenciled on the bow of the ship are the words, "Gunboat Diplomat"

No Dachi

The sensor operator manipulates the controls for a moment, and then frowns. "There's about thirty ships, all classes, in our immediate exit corridor . . . and they're all Majestic."

Hudre

John's WAVE is just in front of yours, apparently waiting for you to decide what to do. Off to your right there seems to be a fairly clear area, with only a couple tanks and groups of powered infantry fighting . . .
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:49   #573
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie doesn't immidiatly recognise to 'who he belongs' and rubs his eyes, while asking one of the others if they know. Just to be sure, he drives a bit away from the man, while prodding Nicholas to get his secondary weapon again, just in case...
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:52   #574
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

"That's a Majestic infantry suit if I ever saw it!!" one of the powered infantry men yells, moving to point his rifle at the bluish-grey chestplate. The man continues calmly walking toward your tank, and then transmits, "Surrender yourselves to me, and you will not be harmed . . . much."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:54   #575
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

A powered-up ship is not too far away, as you round a corner and see an old destroyer hovering above the spaceport, being swarmed by Majestic gunships. Stenciled on the bow of the ship are the words, "Gunboat Diplomat"
Hmm... possibly not my only ticket out of here... Aww what the hell...

*Hewitt heads towards the Gunboat Diplomat, directing his co(kpit upwards as he tries to get a missile lock on one of the enemy gunships.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:55   #576
No Dachi

No Dachi curses before speaking to the Pilot (Scott) on the still open channel.

"You'll have to ditch the Gunship, Pilot. With all those Majestic ships in orbit we're going to have to be travelling at full velocity to get past them, and your Gunship couldn't keep up with us. As we don't have any carrier capacity and I'm not taking vehicles aboard you'll have to come on foot, over and out."

He turns to the Sensors Officer again.

"Perform a sweep of all Commonwealth or friendly units in out area, and show how far from the ship they are on the screen."

Unread 6 Aug 2002, 18:55   #577
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie smirks and shifts the tank to driving forward again. "That little bugger has a bit too much guts." he mutters to Nicholas, while putting the pedal to the metal...
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 19:36   #578
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hewitt

Unfortunately, they are moving too fast in too erraticly for you to get a good enough lock on them. However, you do notice that there are two other WAVEs standing close by, trying to fight off swarms of enemy powered infantry and vehicles.

No Dachi

"Sir, there are three WAVEs almost directly beneath us, waiting pickup. There is a gunship approaching, perhaps we should give them some cover fire . . . also, there's a . . . lifesign directly on the hull, as if someone was standing on top of the ship!!!"

Fluffie

/ooc away, or toward the man? ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 19:46   #579
xdj Scott

"Dammit, Alright I am going to leave the ship..." Speeding towards the spacedock he flick off the Comm Channel. Getting closer he sees three WAVES and a commonwealth gunship waiting to be picked up. Soaring over the Landing pad he slowed to a hover and then opened the C.ockpit and activated the autopilot as he jumped out and fell a good 9 feet before landing on his feet. Running towards ND's ship he laughed as he heard his Gunship take off.. it had a target of its own...
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 19:55   #580
No Dachi

"And that's everyone within our range who'll be able to get onboard the ship? Tell me, are the majority of other Commonwealth, or friendly, units near the other Cap Ships that've offered them passage out of here? And Coms, get me those WAVE pilots."

Coms: Channel open.

"You gentlemen may have to leave your WAVES behind if there're more men around wanting passage off the planet, I count life before equipment, and as I'm the one with the ship you'll have to go along with my viewpoint for the time being. That clear?"

Unread 6 Aug 2002, 20:40   #581
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

Unfortunately, they are moving too fast in too erraticly for you to get a good enough lock on them. However, you do notice that there are two other WAVEs standing close by, trying to fight off swarms of enemy powered infantry and vehicles.
Grr... oh well I guess I will just send a mes-

*Suddenly Hewitt's radio crackles to life.*

"You gentlemen may have to leave your WAVES behind if there're more men around wanting passage off the planet, I count life before equipment, and as I'm the one with the ship you'll have to go along with my viewpoint for the time being. That clear?"

Well that settles that...

*Hewitt changes course and heads for the next closest Starship.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 21:47   #582
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
David91

"Yeah, but if we want to survive, we have to get off of Earth. Taking a ride in a spaceship sitting over there in the spaceport, right now, is the only way we're going to do that."

A moment later, you recieve the following transmission: "Lietenant Gilvenko to WAVE pilot. I'll be drawing off the Majestic gunships. Head at full speed to a ship. I'll cover you aslong as I can"
*David spots a ship and charges up his WAVE, it sets off at a sprint, but not in much of a straight line, but that doesn't really make it too hard to stay on target. David tries to get the WAVE to the ship as fast as he can, hoping not to get caught in crossfire to attract enemies as if he can't try stealth because his WAVE has lost most maneuverability.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 21:55   #583
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

/ooc away, or toward the man? ooc/

Toward, flat be that man!
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 22:06   #584
Hannibal377

Name:Hann Milikin 27
history: Gunship pilot since he was eighteen. his girlfriend colleen(engaged) was killed by terrorist bombing when he was 23. Has become somewhat of a loner ever since.
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 22:12   #585
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

You recieve no answer from Nick, nor from any of the other members of your group. The silence is eerie, but you manage to shake off your misgivings and head to the nearest hospital. Following the map, you reach the hospital just in time to see one last ambulance being loaded up, obviously in preparation of leaving.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jenn speaks on the loudspeaker

Halt i have a wounded person here can you help

Jenn then opens the ****pit and looks pleadingly at a paramedic/nurse/doctor

she will use Kneel the WAVE down so that the person can get a better look at Candice....

Is there anything you can do or where can i take her???

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2002, 23:02   #586
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre

John's WAVE is just in front of yours, apparently waiting for you to decide what to do. Off to your right there seems to be a fairly clear area, with only a couple tanks and groups of powered infantry fighting

Hudre turns on his comm "John, let's get out of here, and this is the way to go. Those infantry won't do much to us, so we should hit the tanks hard and fast." Hudre moves his WAVE towards the tanks.

Unread 7 Aug 2002, 01:38   #587
Terra Australis

Heading towards the Gunboat Diplomat Jinking and Dodging all the way "hell of a time to think about Ejecting Mike his gunfire would do us in the moment we ejected"

To the Captain of the Gunboat diplomat "Mate this is Fox-1 hell of a time wanting us to eject, we have got an enemy on our tali we are going to try and lure him into closer..... as we cant shake him, but maybe your guns might be able to help, in getting rid of him, i cant eject while he is laying down that lethal fire from his Gattling gun, my co pilot and i who are not wounded and plan on staying that way would be cut to peices"
Unread 7 Aug 2002, 09:19   #588
No Dachi

Sensors: Sir, one of the friendly WAVES is making for another capital ship.

No Dachi looks at the viewscreen, which shows the WAVE moving away from the Gunboat Diplomat. After a few seconds, No Dachi recognises the design.

"I should think so too. I certainly wouldn't throw away a Kenji if I were in his shoes..."

Unread 7 Aug 2002, 21:58   #589
Immortal Squish

Quote:
Immortal
You can see that the enemy crewman is quite dead after you roll over onto your back and stand up. Your machine-pistol chewed a line diagonally up and across the man's chest, tearing it open. Turning your eyes away from the ghastly sight, you turn to see a pistol being pointed right at your faceplate. It is the last crewman, the pilot. "Autopilot." he says, and then begins to squeeze the trigger.

Squish knocks the weapon aside with a backhand swipe of his right hand while dodging his head aside, just in case.

"Why don't you just surrender and make this easy on yourself?"

Squish kicks the pilots legs out from under him, attempting to knock him to the ground. Then Squish points his pistol down at the enemy pilot, opening fire if he resist any further.
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 06:43   #590
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Scott

Your gunship screams upward into the sky above the spaceport, and actually manages to survive for an impressive twenty seconds before several Majestic gunships close in and rip it apart with gunfire. Coming to stand almost directly under the great ship, you wonder how you're going to get aboard, and don't see how you'll be able to while its up in the air . . .
Several bullets sparking off the pavement soon return your attention to your current position however. You have a single ten-shot, high-powered pistol with you, and your flight suit to protect you. You suddenly feel very vulnerable as several Majestic units close in, firing on the WAVEs that are standing nearby, apparently awaiting pick-up as well.

No Dachi

/ooc I can see I will need to spell this out for you. ooc/

"Sir, we'd better land if that really is a life-sign on top of the ship. Otherwise, he's likely to get blown off in less than a minute. Also, we're going to have to land to pick up those gunship and WAVE pilots anyway. Of course, we will be vulnerable while picking them up . . ."

Your comms officer also relays a communication from the friendly gunship that was approaching fast (see Terra's post above for details).

Hewitt

/ooc Unfortunately, both PK and James seem to be a teeny bit inactive, so I'll stick you with an NPC ship. ooc/

The nearest ship is the Flaming Mustang, and as you approach you see men running up the ramp and into the cargo-hold. You stand on the edge of the crowd, being very careful not to step on anyone. Eventually a man approaches armed with a loudspeaker. "Whoa there, big guy . . . you aren't getting on this ship with that thing . . . unless you willing to pay, of course." The bag of credits that you had "borrowed" from the spaceport's bank suddenly slips off your lap, falling onto the floor of the ****pit with a muffled thump.

David91

Fortunately, while you were presumably on vacation, I took the liberty of getting you and Nick inside of the spaceport with relatively little difficulty. You are now standing beside Nick as you wait for No Dachi to land his **** ship!!

Fluffie

/ooc Haven't you learned by now that bluish-grey = pain, lots and lots of pain? ooc/

The man calmly stands there as you gun the tank toward him, intending on running him over and crushing him behind one of the tank's treads. At the last second the man jumps straight up, grabbing ahold of the gun turret. He shoves something into the end of the barrel, a rock or explosive you cannot tell. He then makes his way down the length of the barrel hand-over-hand, until he is able to swing himself onto the main body of the tank. Once there, he leaps onto the turret, and you can hear the cutting sound of his sword as he attempts to cut his way through the hatch . . .

Hannibal377

/ooc Character is ok. Since we're so close to kicking this thread into the next "gear", I'll let you start off with some military equipment, then give you the option of exchanging it for a different gunship when the other RPers recieve their new equipment. ooc/

(Pick two of the following weapons, one from each list)

Guns:
Gatling Guns
Cannons

Heavy:
Rockets
Missiles

You are one of the few survivors of CDF (Commonwealth Defense Force) Squadron 17, also known as the Mauling Tigers. Now only you and your wingman remain, the sights of the past couple hours searing into your brain. The destruction of Earth Orbital, your home base, to prevent it from falling into Majestic hands. The following energy beam bombardment of CDF bases across the globe, starting with the capital and working its way outward. The ships were currently burning the bases in Tibet and Hawaii, within an hour they would finish off the last base, which would probably be located somewhere in Japan. You, your wingman, and several survivors from other squadrons are currently attempting to join up with the reminents of the Earth Defense Fleet.

Lady Hawk

"Lady, can't you see we're trying to evacuate this building? I don't have time to look at your papercut." the doctor shouts up, but then he takes a closer look at you and seems to stare. Looking down to try to figure out what he was looking at, you see that your police uniform and shirt had been stained a charming hue of crimson, a result of having hauled Candice into your WAVE's ****pit. "What the -" the doctor mutters, and then you manipulate the WAVE's controls so that it kneels. You then move to one side of the ****pit, allowing the doctor to get his first good look at Candice. His eyes widen, and he mutters, "Oh God . . ." several times, and then shouts, "Unpack the stuff!! We have a patient!!" The doctor clambers up the WAVE, heedless of his own safety, and motions for you to exit the ****pit and stay out of the way. You do so, and watch as the doctor carefully undos the safety harness that you tightly buckled around Candice to prevent her from moving. She moans softly, and then fades back into consciousness as the doctor picks her up and somehow manages to carry her down the side of the WAVE. There are several other doctors and nurses waitting at the feet of the WAVE, and they quickly surrond the doctor and your friend. They use the hard parking lot pavement as an operating table, first injecting several painkillers into Candice, and then setting up a IV that was attached to a blood bag. They work quickly and firmly, cleaning out Candice's various wounds before stitching them shut. They manage to set Candice's arm, but are unable to put it in a cast at the current time, partly for time reasons and partly becuase they simply didn't have the right materials for the job. Instead they put a brace on it, and hoped that it would hold until they could get away. Candice seemed to be looking slightly better now, and even some color had returned to her cheeks. The doctor walks over to you, wiping his bloody hands on a rag. "Your friend was badly injured, but it seems that she will make a full recovery. We will take her will us in the ambulance. Do you think you could give us some cover, at least until we got out of the city? We've very much behind schedule at the moment, we should have been out of here forty minutes ago."

Hudre

You watch as the one tank is blown apart by several grenades, and the other one retreats, racing away to return to the group of Majestic WAVEs that were doing cleanup duty around the Senate. This left only one Majestic tank left, which seemed odd since it had been firing on the other Majestic tanks. As you watch, a single powered infantry man dressed in bluish-grey armor hops on top of the tank and begins hacking at the hatch, clearly intending on cutting his way in. (Yes, this is Fluffie, so I wouldn't recommend trying to blow his precious tank up. )

Terra

/ooc I'll let ND reply to this for the most part. ooc/

The gunship lets off another burst, this time hitting your gunship's rear, and the indicator flashes to bright orange. You could sustain one, perhaps two more hits like that before you were finished. You desperately needed cover fire of some kind.

[/b]Immortal[/b]

The pistol booms in the confined space, and you hear a zing as the pistol bullet wizzes past your ear to bounce off the inside of the tank's hull. It is now the pilot's turn to be surprised as you kick the leg out from under him, but clearly he is too terrified to surrender, and swings the gun back in your direction, pulling the trigger rapidly as he swung it around.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 07:12   #591
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Hewitt

/ooc Unfortunately, both PK and James seem to be a teeny bit inactive, so I'll stick you with an NPC ship. ooc/

The nearest ship is the Flaming Mustang, and as you approach you see men running up the ramp and into the cargo-hold. You stand on the edge of the crowd, being very careful not to step on anyone. Eventually a man approaches armed with a loudspeaker. "Whoa there, big guy . . . you aren't getting on this ship with that thing . . . unless you willing to pay, of course." The bag of credits that you had "borrowed" from the spaceport's bank suddenly slips off your lap, falling onto the floor of the ****pit with a muffled thump.
ooc: btw Inspectre, ND is going on holiday's and wants you to take control of his character until he gets back. See the away thread for details.

*Hewitt mutters to himself.*

Typical, some people are always looking for ways to make money in a crisis... heh.

*Hewitt grins as he turns on the WAVE's external speaker system before manipulating his large war machine so he could look down on the man with the loudspeaker.*

Do you want it in nickles or pennies?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 07:44   #592
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Not inactive, simply haveing computer trouble (trying to load XP, arrgh)

Well hurry it up, we need to get out of here fast. Think we can use the weapons to 'open' the doors?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 07:45   #593
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Yes, I've seen. He's still got Thursday and Friday to suffer through first though . . . *thinks up new ways of tormenting him until he escapes for two to three weeks. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 12:33   #594
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Hmm.. Was I suposed to have learned that lesson?

---

Fluffie slams open the hatch, hoping to push the 'invader' backwards, or perhaps even give him an headache. The tank driving officer growls and crawls out of his tank and quickly jumps to the ground, before equipping his shield and own sword, leaving the shotgun in its holster.

"Everyone, get away from the tank and spread out!" he yells, before turning to look at the seemingly overpowered and godmodding guy

" 'ey! You! ****head! **** WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY!!"

(no-one damages my tank like that )
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 14:26   #595
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy looks around the top of the Gunboat for a handy hatch, and also looks for his co-pilot, hoping he landed on the destroyer as well. Crazy starts legging it towards the nearest hatch, and trys to open it. Failing that, he starts stamping on it/kicking it/knocking on it to let the crew know he needs to get in*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 15:32   #596
Hannibal377

2Gatling
rockets
missles

/there gone...its all gone...there's nothing again/ useless chatter could be heard on the newly formed 'squad' frequency. "EVERYONE SHUT UP!!!" Hannibal screams in to the comm. "Fly in a loose fluid formation. Evaise action, no engaging any targets. We''ll do a burn to send us orbiting the pplanet high speed. Scan all frequencies for any sign of others. then we'll pull out and meet up in the dark side of the moon." Hannibal then punche ddown on the engines...
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 16:31   #597
Terra Australis

While waiting for Dachi to reply..... Mike and i continue to manoever the Gunship in highly eratic moves, pushing the frame to the limits, i ponder for a second wondering what the designers would think of the manouvers both myself and my pursuer are doing in the gunships, and whether they realised what these Gunships could actually do, and whether they were actually designed to do these sort of high Gee manouvers.
Unread 8 Aug 2002, 18:39   #598
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre goes towards the tank and operates his now swordless hand towards the bluish-grey man. As the hand nears a few metres Hudre stretche the hand and moves it a bit faster, the fingers heading towards the man.

Unread 8 Aug 2002, 21:12   #599
No Dachi

You mean I'm in the air? And I'm not going to bother replying to Terra's thing as I'm already supplying the friendly units around me with covering fire, as is shown here:

Quote:
No Dachi nods.

"Cover the friendly Gunships, they'll help us take care of the other fighters."
---

The hatch in front of Crazy suddenly springs open, and the head of a black-faced engineer appears from the grubby maintenance tunnel. A pistol is brought up to bear in his right hand, but quickly lowered as the man recognises NYPD uniform.

"Inside, hurry up or we'll be blown away."

He drops down below the hatch again.

---

"Wait untill all of the people we're supposed to be picking up have gathered, if we land down there and our engines get disabled we're all dead."

Helm: Aye sir.

Unread 8 Aug 2002, 21:14   #600
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
ooc: I really dislike it when I get pushed forwards in the thread, because then I'm never told how I got into the situation and stay stuck for the rest of the thread. It happened in Universal Operations, I hadn't even joined the thread (but had been in a previous one and said I'd join the new one) and they pushed me forwards to this investigation, and I knew crap about what had happened, and stayed stuck because they kept on arguing with me for no reason when all I wanted was someone to tell me how and why I was in the situation, and to give me a good description that I could start from.

Now, please can you type out an explanation showing how I got into the ship otherwise I'll just sit there thinking 'what?'.

P.S. I only hate it because the arguments happen every single time pushing forward is done, I remember it in other threads aswell; hopefully we can avoid that.

P.P.S. I am not indicating that I am hating what you are doing, I am just pointing out I find the consequences of me not being told in full what happened annoying; and yes, I was at Scout Summer Camp in Scotland.

Last edited by David91; 8 Aug 2002 at 21:55.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote