User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:33   #451

"We need to find a way to break through that circle of gunships Majestic has posted right outside the air defense network. Otherwise, we are completely stuck." James says over an open comm.

"Sir, we could fire our primaries at them, as long as we're sitting here." Jame's second in command says.

"Good idea. Begin fire of the primaries on the Gunships that are circling. We'll take 'em down a few at a time." James says, and the Archipelago begins thrumming with discharging energy.
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:53   #452
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Fluffie

/ooc Yes, you still have you shiny sword, as well as your shield. ooc/

You look over the assassin's various weapons, a rapid-fire machine pistol (machine gun + pistol), and a sword similar to the one you now have. Fortunatly, this assassin's equipment was not damanged by an explosion, and you see where strengh enhancers have been added to the armor to increase the wearer's strength. There also seems to be an unusual panel of buttons mounted of the suit's right forearm.

No Dachi

"I'll see what I can do." Sergeant Leynolds says, and then presumably moves to find the leader of the troops staying behind, his armored boots clicking against the pavement. You hear over the comm, "Private, there's a man that wants to speak with you. Switch your channel over to 172." A moment later a different voice appears, presumably that of the private. "This is Private Victor. How can I help you?"

James

The gunships are out of range for your point defenses, but your main laser cannons being to fire up into the air at the swarm of gunships maneuvering above the spaceport. The laser cannons were designed to attack other capital ships, however, and thus most of the gunships are able to nimbly dodge the shots. On the second volley of firing, however, one of the gunships has its left wing burned off by the laser cannon, and begins to spiral down, obviously crippled. A moment later the pilot ejects, and a few seconds after that the gunship slams into the ground a few hundred meters from the spaceport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:57   #453
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
"This is Captain No Dachi, Seargent Leynolds tells me you are the leader of a group of men planning to stay here and make a last stand."

Without waiting for the man to confirm this, No Dachi goes on.

"I am not going to force you to do anything, indeed I could not, but I urge you with all my will not to throw your life and that of those staying with you away. This battle is going downhill, and after Earth falls the Commonwealth will have more need of fighting, trained men like yourself than ever. You are more use to the Commonwealth alive and fighting with a cause than you are dead, and you will serve little damage to the Majestic forces by standing here and fighting against the inevitable."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 19:00   #454

"Continue fireing. We'll do it all week if we have to." James orders.
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 21:18   #455
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre knows he probably won't be able to deflect this fist, and strafes left as fast as the WAVE will let him. Hudre then staps at the Tauruss with his sword, at it's ****pit once again.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 21:53   #456
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie wonders if he could fit those strenght enhances (weee, muscles!) to his own suit, before letting his gaze go over the computer thingie, studying it and trying to find out what the different buttons could do (hmm.. those buttons might have words on them!).
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 23:17   #457
xdj Scott

"Thanks for the advice!" Ryon calls back.

Then almost as on cue and explosion rips through some fuel tanks to the left of the gunship dock sending some various personal tracks flinging over the tops of others. "**** I've got to get out of here!" Almost leaping inside his Gunship he voice activates it and powers up.

"Renegade online, Ryon" a digital enhanced voice erupts from a speaker above him. Pulling down on the thrust and activating the weapon systems his vehical launches off of the pad as another explosion erupts from a fuel truck just moving onto the pad.

Flicking on the CB Radio he speaks into the Comm as Renegade screaches off. "Dragon reporting.... I just left the Gunship Dock at the senate.... O..Over...."

(i don't know if thats acceptable... )
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 23:22   #458
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Crazyboy

You fly low over the city, weaving in and out of streets, and thus it is no surprise when you suddenly almost crash into a damaged Shogun. "Hey, that looked like Nick Andrew's WAVE. Think we should go back?" Ralph asks.
"Sure, not as if we have anything better to do"

*Crazy gently slows his gunship down, and turns around, heading back towards the damaged WAVE*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 01:56   #459
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Arriving at where the Majestic Gunships are attacking the single Commonwealth gunship..... Mike lets do this and make it quick and fast.....

"PolearmII this is Fox1 we have come to give you some assistance.....try and get the gunships to come across into our sights......we will climb up behind them...."

On doing this we wait and then launch at one of the Commonwealth Gunships letting off 2 Missiles...... at the one gunship......the second Gunship while the missiles are streaking for the first we go after and fire off the Gattling gun....pursuing the gunship with vigour
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 04:41   #460
Immortal Squish

After being attended to by the medic, Squish makes his way over to the assassin Fluffie is checking out. His newly aquired sword and machine pistol now hang on his belt. "Mind if I take a look at our foe?"

Squish gently removes the second assassin's helmet, unless Fluffie objects.

/ooc Did the assassin I dealt with have a pistol holster and sword sheath I could use? ooc/
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 06:42   #461
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

You can almost see the sad smile on the man's face, and the bitter irony behind his words. "Perhaps the Commonwealth will need trained troops, but it is our sworn duty to protect civilians. Sooner or later, the Control Tower will drop the air defenses, and everyone's going to make a run for it. If all of us have to die in a futile battle just to prevent Majestic from stopping one ship . . . just one from escaping, then we have completed our duty. I have asked for volunteers only, and they have all agreed to stand as a wall against the Majestic forces for as long as they can. You Navy guys take as many people as you can with you, understood? This is Private Victor, over and out." you hear the click as he cuts the connection, and then there is only silence . . . for a moment.

"Sir, the anti-air defenses!! They're going offline!!" the sensor operator practically screams, and everyone on the bridge turns to face her in shock.

"Recieving communication from the Control Tower." the communications officer reports.

"This is Supervisor-Elect Christopher Wright. Majestic forces are en-route. When they arrive, don't resist, and you won't be harmed. Fight, and you will be punished." You suddenly hear a voice in the background yelling, "Chris, what the h*ll are you doing?"
"Ending this stuipd conflict, Xavier."
"What, by surrendering? You coward."
"No, just a well-paid traitor. Fools . . . I didn't even have to rig the election to beat you."
"You b*stard! I'll kill you!!"
"I think not."
You then hear several gun shots, and Christopher mutter, "Overly brave idiot."
A door opens, and a woman screams, "What happened here!! Oh, poor Xavier!!"
"You should worry about yourself, Alexandrea, not the dead."
You hear another gunshot, and then a low moan. The moan turns into a scream after a second gunshot, and then turns into silence after the third.
A moment later, Christopher returns to the mike and continues his speech. "Now then, what you just heard is a preview of what will happen to you if you resist. Throw down your weapons and prepare to surrender command of your vessels to Majestic personal. That is all, Control Tower out."

"The enemy ground forces are leaving their staging area, and are heading directly for us. Majestic gunships are heading this way as well, ETA 2 minutes!" the sensor operator tensly reports, and more bad news comes from down in the hold. "This is Helm. We need at least another half hour to unload the cargo manually. I don't suppose we have that kind of time, so I guess we'll just have to dump the cargo and hope for the best. Got any ideas where to dump it, sir?"

James

"Aye, sir!" your Gunner answers, and then fires several more times, shooting down another gunship.

"Sir, the spaceport's anti-air defense's have gone offline! Majestic gunships in-bound, ETA, 3 minutes." the sensor operator reports, and a second later the comm officer says, "Incoming transmission from the Control Tower. Patching it through now."

"This is Supervisor-Elect Christopher Wright. Majestic forces are en-route. When they arrive, don't resist, and you won't be harmed. Fight, and you will be punished." You suddenly hear a voice in the background yelling, "Chris, what the h*ll are you doing?"
"No, just a well-paid traitor. Fools . . . I didn't even have to rig the election to beat you."
"I think not."
You hear another gunshot, and then a low moan. The moan turns into a scream after a second gunshot, and then turns into silence after a third.
A moment later, Christopher returns to the mike and continues his speech. "Now then, what you just heard is a preview of what will happen to you if you resist. Throw down your weapons and prepare to surrender command of your vessels to Majestic personal. That is all, Control Tower out."

"Gunships, ETA, 2 minutes. Majestic ground forces also approaching." your sensor operator reports, looking a bit pale.

Hudre

The fist narrowly misses you, whistling past at about a foot's distance. Your blade slices into the Taurus's chest, just below the ****pit area, as the pilot pulls the WAVE back for another swing. Its chest armor flashes from a green to a bright yellow, and then to a paler hue as a missile slams into the Taurus's back. "Thought you could use some help." John calls, and you can just barely catch a glimpse of his WAVE, as the Taurus's bulk blocks your view.

Fluffie

Unfortunately, the strenght enhancers are built into the suit, and could only be removed and installed in your own suit after a couple of days' work. You've heard that the newest Commonwealth suits come equipped with strength enhancers as well, but the police department was far too poorly funded to afford them. Looking closer at the buttons on the assassin's forearm, you see that there is a small status window with a smaller line of buttons beneath it, and then 3 larger buttons on one side. At this point Jin (Immortal), walks up and asks if he could remove the assassin's helmet. Nicholas grunts an affirmative, and Jin touches the helmet's clasps and pops them off. A wave of ebony hair falls out of the helmet, falling to partially cover a beatiful, definately female face. "Those strength enhancers are impressive. I thought I was fighting a circus strong-man!" Nicholas exclaims, clearly surprised.

Scott

"This is Lieutenant Yan. Engage enemy units at will, Renegade."
Looking at your sensor grid, you see almost half of it entirely blood red with enemy sensor contacts. Turning to see the enemy visually, you see scores of Commonwealth and Majestic WAVEs duking it out, and numerous dogfights being waged in the skies above them. As you watch, a pair of Majestic gunships rip a Commonwealth craft to pieces with focused gatling gun and cannon fire, then victory roll away.

Note: You will need to choose two weapons from the following lists, one weapon from each list.

Guns
Gatling guns
Cannons

Heavy

Rockets
Missiles

Crazyboy

As you come back around you can see that Nick's Shogun has taken a beating, and he is moving ahead at full throttle, clearly running away from something . . . or someone.

Terra

The Majestic gunships are so intent of their target that they don't even see you coming until it is too late. The two missiles streak in, slamming into the side of their target gunship to detonate, riping away the right wing and most of the craft's right side. The remains plummet to the streets below, but not before the pilot manages to eject. Meanwhile, the gunship you targeted next veers away from the exploding gunship, and out of your sights. Your continued gatling gun fire does have some rewards, however, as your monitor flashes to show that the targetted gunship's right side has gone from green to a moderate yellow. The persuer is now the persued, but the pilot shows great skill in weaving in and out of your sights. A minute or so passes, and you manage to only cause enough damage to make the rear armor indicator turn a bright yellow. Then, for a split-second the Majestic gunship falls into the middle of your reticle, just hanging there . . .

Immortal

/ooc Unfortunately, no. Those were built into the suit. You do have a few places where you could hang your weapons, however, considering you normally do not carry a ranged weapon, which was what your suit was designed for. ooc/

"Go right ahead." Nicholas grunts, and you pop open the second assassin's helmet. Ebony hair flows out of the helmet to half-cover another feminine face as you remove it. Those strength enhancers are impressive. I thought I was fighting a circus strong-man!" Nicholas exclaims, clearly surprised.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 07:08   #462
Immortal Squish

Squish looks down at his bandaged shoulder, wincing as he tries to stretch his left arm. "The other one was female as well. And she also packed quite a punch... kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend..." he says with a little smirk while rubbing his bruised jaw.

"Let's see how our boys outside are doing." Squish tilts his head to the side as he adjust the frequency on his helmet comm-unit, trying to get in contact with Toby.

"Toby, it's Jin. How's the battle outside going?"
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 11:08   #463
xdj Scott

ooc// hmm... i think I will take gatling guns and missles.... ooc//

"Roger that.." Ryon's voice went over the Comm. "Engaging enemy forces." Just then as he observes the two Majestic Gunships take out a Commonwealth craft and roll away, he quickly thrusts after them. As his screen lights up with a lock on the first one he presses the missle launch button unleashing two missles with a hiss as they leave the launch tubes... streaking towards the first gunship while he slams the hammar down speeding up and directing focused gatling gun fire at the second's left wing while his missle tubes reload....
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 12:21   #464
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie continues his study of the computer unit, testing it out etc
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 15:19   #465
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy moves up behind Nick*

"Hey there Mister. What ya running from ? Need any help from 2 fellow gunship pilots ?"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 15:36   #466
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On seeing the Majestic Gunship appear in my Gunships targetting reticle........i switch to 1 Missile mode, and Fire a Missile off towards the Majesctic Gunship......after this is done i open up on him with the Gattling gun.......letting of a savage burst from the Gattling gun.......
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 17:36   #467
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"I'll be down in a minute. In the meanwhile, perhaps you could use your pistol to break open the locking mechanism, or some such thing?" Nick says, manipulating his controls so that his Shogun kneels, before powering it down. "Sh*t. We have incoming!!" Melissa yells, and Nick's WAVE stands back up. "Do whatever you have to do to get your friend out, we'll hold them off as long as we can!! Come on guys, let's go out to meet our guests!" Nick yells, and then charges forward, following the other three WAVEs as they move out to meet the incoming WAVEs head on.

Jenn looks and then signals to Candice to cover herself

S**t when it hits the fan it really hits the fan....

Just for once why cannot i have a nice day, where b****r all goes wrong....ah well!!!!

She signals that she is going to attempt to shoot the locking mechanism tio try to pry open the ****pit with a piece of steel pipe found (conviently with a little DM bribe ) in the rubble

she then tries to get the ****pit open...

praying to all the gods that be that just for once all will go right

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 18:16   #468
No Dachi

No Dachi stands up again with his hands behind his back.

"Why, yes I do. Take us above that control tower and auto-dump our cargo of Dextrium onto it, then set us down there and start loading Commonwealth troops up. Once everyone here is loaded move onto the next area and start more Commonwealth troops up, I want that hold filled before we go anywhere, understand?"

No Dachi starts to stroll around the Bridge, this time stopping near his Coms Officer.

"Get Leynolds again."

Coms: Yessir.

"Seargent, Christopher Wright is a traitor, he's murdered the other control tower operatives and has de-activated the spaceport's air defenses, we have incoming Gunboats. Assemble your men as far away from the Majestic troops as you can and get them ready for immediate evacuation, we've just got to dump some cargo. Pass this on to the other Commonwealth troops in the city."

No Dachi then looks down at his Coms Officer again.

"Open transmission to all neutral merchant ships in the spaceport and in orbit."

Coms: Yessir.

"Greetings fellow haulers, this is Captain No Dachi of the Gunboat Diplomat. The battle down here has taken a turn for the worse, I am planning to get as many Commonwealth troops as I can off the planet. I suggest you do the same, if you've any wish for freedom in the near future. Over and out."

Finally, No Dachi asks the Coms Officer to make another transmission.

"Coms, locate my sister's ship and open a com channel with it."

Unread 29 Jul 2002, 20:25   #469
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

"This is Toby. We're getting whooped pretty badly out here, but so far I havn't seen any ground troops . . . wait, the corporal says he sees an APC heading this way. Ah ****, we've got serious problems down here!!" You hear gunfire just before the channel is cut.

Scott

The two gunships scatter as you open fire. The missile targetted gunships begins flying as series of erratic manuevers while dumping decoys, trying to evade your missiles. He is only half successful, as one missile breaks for a decoy while the other continues, slamming into the craft's rear. Its rear armor indicator turns a bright red on your monitor, but its clearly not out of the fight yet as it swings around to engage you. You focused gatling gun fire chews the second gunship's rear area apart, and his engines suddenly sputter and die, leaving him to fall to the earth, plowing a ditch into the ground as he does so. Meanwhile, the first gunship has managed to get onto your tail, and begins firing, your rear armor indicator dropping to a lime green, then a bright yellow as more gatling gun fire strikes your gunship.

Fluffie

Tapping the smaller buttons seems to do nothing, so you touch one of the larger ones. The assassin blinks out of sight for a moment, and then reappears. Flashing on the status screen you can see: Automated self-destruct of cloaking device complete. If this has been a malfunction, please report to the nearest Majestic repair bay and await further instructions. Nicholas curses in frustration, but then brightens up for some reason. "I have picked up some transmissions that the enemy infantry is approaching the front gate of the Senate. Come on, comrade, it is time for us to kill some more Majesitc cossacks!!"

Crazyboy

"I-I don't know where . . . I'm going. Sinclair told me to run, so I-I ran. I . . . abandoned him, just like . . . like . . ." Nick lapses into silence, and Ralph sends you a private message. "I think some bad sh*t just rained down on our friend. Let's find a safe place to rest and get out of here."

Terra

The gunships rolls out of your sights just as you fire your gatling gun, but the missile flies true, slamming into the rear of the Majestic craft and detonating. You fly through the expanding debris cloud, having to close your eyes because of the brilliance of the explosion.
"This is Polearm-2. Thanks for the - AAAHHH!!!"
The blip of Polearm-2 disappears, as two bluish grey gunships swoop down and tear it apart with precise, focused bursts of fire.

Lady Hawk

Candice nods and covers her head with her good hand, wincing as it touches her head wound. You aim for where you believe the locking mechanism to be located, and fire a round from your pistol. The bullet springs off of the gunship, leaving only a small dent in its place. You fire a second time, and the dent becomes a hole: you have breached the armor. You fire one more time, then pick up the piece of rebar you found, a good straight piece, more or less. () You wedge one end of it into the hole you created, and then push down on the other end with all of you strength. The rebar holds for a few seconds, and then bends, causing you to stumble and almost fall flat on your face. However, the ****pit pops open with a click, and all you have to do now is push the canopy up, and somehow drag Candice out of there.

No Dachi

/ooc I was hoping you would do that. ooc/

"Yes sir!" the Helmsman replies, and a minute later runs onto the bridge, flinging himself into his seat. He powers up the ship's engines again, and then takes it to hover over the control tower. "Auto-dumping cargo, now." the Helmsman replies, his fingers flying over his control panel. The cargo doors of your ship slide open, dumping out all of the Dextrium onto the Control Tower. The dextrium was raw ore, and thus was stored in high-strength plastic barrels, each weighing more than two grown men. Accelerated by the Earth's gravity for several seconds, the barrels hit the Control Tower like a sledgehammer to a bread roll. The steel and concrete portions of the Control Tower cracked, and then collapsed under the weight and impact of barrel and barrel of dextrium ore, and one barrel smashed through the roof of the control center, continuing its plummet for several floors. Finally, the Helmsman reported, "Auto-dumping complete. Doesn't look like there's much left of the Control Tower." Looking at the screen that showed a picture of the ruinned control tower, most people would agree. A good chuck of the control tower was buried in the blue plastic barrels, and those parts that weren't were mostly rumble.
"Gunships incoming . . . the leading ones will reach maximum missile range in fifteen seconds." the sensor operator calls out.

"Nice work leveling the control tower. I'll gather my troops on the Eastern side of the spaceport." Sergeant Leynolds reported, then cut the channel.

"This is the Flaming Mustang. We will also be accepting troops. Anyone who wants a free ticket out of here, we're located in Hangar 12." says a sudden transmission from one of the hangars, followed by a second one, and then a third. "Looks like everybody might get out afterall." the Helmsman says with a smile.
"I'm trying to reach Mars Orbital, hoping they'd patch me through to your sister's ship. Unfortunatley, I'm not getting anything." your communications officer reports with a worried frown. The last time you heard, your sister was going to run a few short cargo runs from the Mars colonies to the colonies on Phobos.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 20:30   #470
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie nods as he gets up, getting out his shotgun again. He looks down at the dead body and grins. "Seems we have destroyed the toy... Bad me." he jokes, before turning around and heading towards the entrance, nodding the Bear to come along. "Let's hurt some butt."
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 20:32   #471
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy replys to Ralph's private message*

"Your teh boss.... well not really, but you act like it."

*Crazy switches back to Nick's frequency*

"Don't worry about it. There was nothing you can do. We'd better find some where to hide out. We've all taken a beating. Any suggestions on where to go ?"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 20:36   #472
xdj Scott

"Sh*t!!" Ryon let out as his rear armor was slowly being diminished. Pulling hard down on the right air brake he sent his ship into a barrel roll and then slamed down the left air brake throwing him into a hard left while releasing a couple of sentry proximinty mines hoping that his persurer would fly just a little to close to him. The Sensor screen reported that the other gunship smashed into the ground as his gatling gun ripped through his rear armor. "One Down.... one to go"
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 20:45   #473
No Dachi

No Dachi is immediately concerned for his sister's safety, but concentrates on the battle fo hand. First he replies to Seargent Leynolds.

"Very well, we're coming down to pick you up now."

He then sends out an open transmission to any Commonwealth forces in the area.

"If you guys have got any unused Gunship squadrons this would be a damned good time to use them."

He turns back to the Bridge.

"Good work, Helm, take us down to where the Commonwealth troops are and keep the cargo bay doors open, point defense shoot down as many missiles as you can, target the Gunships with our primaries if they come into our firing arc."

Unread 29 Jul 2002, 22:14   #474
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

"Aye, comrade! Let us go!!" Nicholas shouts as he charges toward the lobby area of the Senate.

Crazyboy

"Sinclair said to . . . get off the planet." Nick commed, and Ralph exclaimed, "Off the planet!? How the h*ck are we supposed to do that?"

Scott

Your quick maneuver works, and the first enemy gunship zooms past, showing you its damaged rear before it begins to turn, trying to come around to attack you again.

No Dachi

"We don't have many gunships. We thought our anti-air defense would deal with them." you hear Sergeant Leynolds answer with a groan. "However, there is a way to switch the anti-air defense turres to manual control. That means some people are going to have to stay behind, though."

"Gunships are in range . . . they're firing missiles!!" the sesnor operator reports, and over fifty missiles leap from thier racks to head directly toward your ship. "Aye, sir. Targetting missiles with point defense turrets." the Gunner barks out, and small bursts of lasers flit out to destroy the missiles. Over half of them are destroyed, but that still left twentysome missiles to hit, striking your ship so hard that it slews around violently, dumping several crewmen out of their seats that were buckled in properly.

"Landing so the troops can board now, sir." your Helmsman reports over the din of battle.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 29 Jul 2002, 22:15   #475

Quote:

James

"Aye, sir!" your Gunner answers, and then fires several more times, shooting down another gunship.

"Sir, the spaceport's anti-air defense's have gone offline! Majestic gunships in-bound, ETA, 3 minutes." the sensor operator reports, and a second later the comm officer says, "Incoming transmission from the Control Tower. Patching it through now."

"I think not."
You hear another gunshot, and then a low moan. The moan turns into a scream after a second gunshot, and then turns into silence after a third.

"Gunships, ETA, 2 minutes. Majestic ground forces also approaching." your sensor operator reports, looking a bit pale.
"You son of a bitch, Wright. As soon as we kill every last one of these Majestic goons, I will pin your rotten carcass to the hull of my ship. Your treachery will be repaid a thousand times over." James says, hatred filling his voice.

Wright opened his mouth for a response, but his words were drowned out as the ceiling caved in.

"Sir, new commo coming in from the Gunboat Diplomat." the comms officer reported.

"Put it through!" James said, hoping for good news.

"Greetings fellow haulers, this is Captain No Dachi of the Gunboat Diplomat. The battle down here has taken a turn for the worse, I am planning to get as many Commonwealth troops as I can off the planet. I suggest you do the same, if you've any wish for freedom in the near future. Over and out."

James pondered the newest comm for a second.

"Open up another commo to all units in the spaceport area." Hunter ordered.

"This is Captain James Hunter of the Archipelago. Anyone who is not taking off with the Gunboat Diplomat who has weapons on his ship, I want them to begin flight. If they're evacuating, we're making a stand to cover them. May god help us all."

"Cut commo. Bring us into atmospheric flight mode, and tell all troops to clear the area. Take us up above the incoming gunships, and fire the torpedo launcher. Set for high-dispersal proximity mode, and then open fire with PDLs, and then see if any Majestic ground troops walk in. We'll hit them with the Primaries. Open channel to the commander of the ground forces, and tell him to see if he can get any of the remaining air defense grid working, even if they have to fire on manual." Hunter ordered.

"Aye sir, bringing us up!"
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 01:00   #476
xdj Scott

Laughing as the enemy gunship's rear came into view he depressed the red buttons on both control sticks sending two missles locked onto the enemy's tail with a hiss... "Take that you bitc*..."

Suddenly James Hunter's voice reaches his ears over the Comm..

"This is Captain James Hunter of the Archipelago. Anyone who is not taking off with the Gunboat Diplomat who has weapons on his ship, I want them to begin flight. If they're evacuating, we're making a stand to cover them. May god help us all."

Depressing the Comm button his own voice comes over it.

"Yes Sir, This is Ryon Reporting... I will join you as soon as I finish off these gunboats.."
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 09:52   #477
No Dachi

"Coms get me Private Victor."

Coms: Aye sir.

"Private Victor? This is Captain No Dachi. We are trying to get as many Commonwealth troops as we can off the planet, we have just touched down, but we are sitting ducks and under attack from gunships. I still urge you not to stay behind, but if you really must then the way you can help us best is to man the air defenses and destroy those gunships so that we can get everyone else out safely."

Unread 30 Jul 2002, 11:04   #478
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Fluffie

"Aye, comrade! Let us go!!" Nicholas shouts as he charges toward the lobby area of the Senate.
Btw, am I going to get off this stinking planet or not?

---

Warren storms along and wonders how many men he is with and if his APC is still alive and if he's in charge etc
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 11:33   #479
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Why I do belive these babies are spaceworthy. As long as you aint got any holes in your armour that could let all your oxygen get sucked out when in space, we could use our gunships as our own personal space transports. Either that or head to the space port. Your choice"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 11:55   #480
Immortal Squish

Squish looks around, watching Fluffie and Nicholas charge from the room. Eager to join the fight as well, Squish snatches up the second assassin's pistol and any spare magazines she has.

Squish then finds the leader of the squad that just arrived on scene, and suggest they relocate the senators due to the immenient Majestic overrun of the Senate building.
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 14:49   #481
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
ooc: Wow this is a long thread, I'm only half way through it and do not have any more time to read anymore tonight but I will tomorrow. Just showing my interest so you can devise some spot for me to squeeze into when I get back.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 15:22   #482
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David turns down his WAVE and opens his <ockpit.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2002, 22:51   #483
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
B****R S**T B****R S**T B****R S**T

after repeating this phrase for 30 seconds and holding her hand and rubbing her butt, she then looks around embarrased

This was not a good day, not by a longshot

Opening the ****pit and preying to all the devine deitys that she knows and then some that nothing else can go wrong

Candice can you move, how bad are your injuries.....

She then begins to think on her feet, there is room in the WAVE ****pit but it would be cramped and now with that manical idiot on the radio blurting all sorts of C**P, jenn knew that she had to take a risk

Candy i am going to use the WAVE and pick you up and place yoyu in the ****pit if you are injured it will hurt i know, but it seems that another of your Homicidal Boyfriends has turned up ...Jenn smiles at Candice

she then gets about her business

she climbs in and hopes that this is not going to be the worst ever descion she has ever made....well at least since the decafinated coffee incident.....

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 01:13   #484
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

James

Your crew follows all of your orders, and just before you engage the first wave of gunships you receive a transmission. "This is Private Victor. I'm sending men to some of the nearby defense turrets now." The man cuts the channel, and by then you have other worries. "First wave has reached missile range!! They are continuing past, heading for the spaceport. Second wave has reached missile range!! They're firing!!!" Some seventy missile streak from missile hardpoints to close on your ship.

Scott

/ooc You are at the Senate building, James is at the spaceport. The distance is too great for you to pick up that transmission. You have 8 missiles left. ooc/

The gunship simply explodes as the two missiles home in on its damaged rear and detonate. "This is Polearm-1!! He's on me - ARRGGHH!!" the green sensor blip that is Polearm-1 winks out. Looking in that direction, you can see a blusih-grey gunship flying through an expanding debris cloud.

No Dachi

"I've already got men heading toward the nearest air defenses. It’s not going to be much, and it won't take long for those gunships to blow them apart, but at least it'll keep them busy for awhile. Good luck, Captain. Private Victor, out." the channel is cut before you can reply.

Fluffie

/ooc Well, considering being left behind would be a death sentence . . . hmmmm . . . yes. But the piper has his price: you’ll get off Earth . . . but your family won’t muahahaha. ooc/

Reaching the lobby, you can see out through the expansive glass doors that a large group of Commonwealth and police troops have formed a defensive line right outside them. You find the survivors of your police force about a dozen meters from the door, using the burning hulk of your APC for cover. Joining them, you find that only seven are left; the others were killed when the APC was hit by several tank shells, or shortly thereafter. Peering out from the side, you see a tank and two APCs heading directly for you, before a hail of bullets sparking off the side of the APC force you to pull your head back. “Comrade, you don’t suppose our tank is still where we parked it, do you?”

Crazyboy

“I’d say we take our chances with the spaceport.” Ralph replies. Considering how much more powerful capital ship engines were, able to make a trip to Mars in a week while gunships could take up to a month, heading to the spaceport was the most logical choice. “Don’t get sloppy on me now, though, partner. Majestic’s probably swarming over the spaceport right now, too.”

Immortal

The man looks at you and laughs bitterly. “And where could we hide them? This is the only safe place left in the Capital, and it’s a moot point anyway: we’re surrounded. No, this is a fight to the death, and this is where we make our last stand. We’ll cover this place for now, you go on out and fight a fighting withdrawal back to this point.” The man sadly shakes his head. “Never thought I’d see this day.”

Hewitt

/ooc Ok, but no dragons in this thread, just humans. ooc/

David91

Vincent clambers up into the ****pit a moment later. He squeezes himself into the small seat behind yours, muttering, “I’m way too old for this.” After buckling his safety harness, Vincent grunts into your ear, “Ready to go. Shall we see if we can find the others?”

Lady Hawk

Popping open the canopy, you are now able to hear Candice as she gives a weak cheer. You are also able to see fully inside the ****pit, and are horrified to see yet another grevious wound has been inflicted upon your friend. The bottom of the control console shattered into sharp slivers upon impact, and one of those slivers has imbedded itself in Candice’s right thigh. You are unable to tell how far into her body the sliver goes, but there is a good six inches sticking out of the wound. While it might not be best to remove the sliver now, picking Candice out of the ****pit using the WAVE might increase the damage. Still, you seem to have little choice and return to your WAVE. Setting your pistol down onto the ground, you gently reach into the gunship’s ****pit. The controls for the WAVE’s fingers were really not fine enough for this, and sweat breaks out on your forehead as you try to pick up Candice without crushing her. Fortunately, she it able to help, using her one good hand to pull herself up onto a finger, draping herself across it. The sliver bumps up against the WAVE’s hand, twisting it a little, and she writhes in pain for a moment. Trying to jar her as little as possible, you lift the WAVE’s hand, brining it up to you ****pit. As soon as Candice is close you release your controls and reach for her. She has fainted, and thus is unable to help as you attempt to drag her deadweight into the ****pit. Somehow you manage to get her into the ****pit, and into the small seat behind your own. Quickly buckling the safety harness around her, you notice that all the movement has caused her head and leg wounds to begin bleeding again, and her face is deathly pale. You return to your controls, hoping you can get her to a proper facility in time . . . but where was there left to go?
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 05:26   #485

James thrusts an arm into the air, and shouts "YES!".

The bridge crew cheered as the missiles blow away many gunships, but the cheering was drowned as a series of cannon hits impacted on the hull.

"Keep the missiles firing, Private. I'll do what we can out here, along with any ships that would like to help me cover the evacuating ships." James said.

"Keep firing PDLs at the targets. Arm the torpedo launcher, and fire it into the middle of the gunship swarm." James ordered. He hoped that at this height, gravity would help pull it down into the swarm...
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 05:42   #486
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

James

/ooc Clearly you misunderstood the reply. That's seventy missiles heading toward your ship, not away from it. The first wave of gunship is below you, and seems to be ignoring you, a prime target for the torpedo. The second wave, however, is above you and has just unleashed a sh*tload of missiles in your direction. Once they get closer, the torpedo might get them, but that's assuming you survive that long. Better get those PDLs working overtime. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 06:11   #487
Immortal Squish

Squish looks back to the man, wanting to tell him that they had a chance, that they'll live through this day. Squish couldn't find the words, as he knew that them carrying this day were slim to none, and Slim left town a week ago.

Squish leaves the room headed towards the lobby, trying to think where he could hook up with Toby. If he's even still alive, he says to himself as he makes his way down the corridors.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 06:15   #488

OOC: Oops.

IC:

"Full evasive! Fire the torpedo!" James shouted, as the missiles streaked across the sky towards his ship.

"Target the missiles with the PDLs, and see if you can't fire the Primaries into the mess of them missiles!" Hunter called out.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 08:47   #489
xdj Scott

"Dammit, this is never going to end..." Ryon yelled into the empty confinement of his c0ckpit as he pulled the right control stick down swinging his gunship towards the evading enemy slashing through the grayish debris.

Flicking on the Comm he almost yells into it... "Polearm-1, are you there? I repeat, Are you there?"

"Oh **** it!" Pulling the Renegade into full thrust he easily catches up to the gunship, locking on with his gatling gun he directed a continuous focused fire towards the wings of the enemy gunship hoping to bring it crashing down.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 10:06   #490
David91

"Ok, where should we go?"
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 12:01   #491
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

You mean bast*rd! Killing my APC, my bike and soon my family all in one day!

Oh well...

Anger, hate and suffering make a good base for some real action..

Can I go DBZ on their asses?

---

Fluffie grins, very widely as he turns about and begins storming down the parking lot, looking for his tank, while jerking the Bear along.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 12:02   #492
No Dachi

No Dachi is pacing back and forth now, anxious. Time is of the essence and eh needs as much of it as he can get if he's to get the majority of Commonwealth and friendly troops off the planet.

"Sensors, how many of the Commonwealth troops in this are are on board, and how full is our cargo hold?"

Unread 31 Jul 2002, 13:03   #493
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hewitt

/ooc Ok, but no dragons in this thread, just humans. ooc/
ooc: Heh, not even some kind of secret Commonwealth project involving some kind of development of a super-WAVE that has a mind of it's own and just happens to look like a dragon?...

Oh well I guess I'll have to settle for a puny human character then, looks like I'm just in time for the evac as well too... hmm... it would probably be more appropriate for me to be a ship captain at the airport but....

Name: Paul "Draco" Hewitt

Role: WAVE Pilot (Not sure what weapons I can have exactly or how many but I want one of them to be the flamethrower and/or the beam weapon and some missiles would be nice too )

History: If I come up with one now I might mess up the flow of the thread so I will just leave this to you to do if you wish.

Stick me were I would me most useful please.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 13:23   #494
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre

The fist narrowly misses you, whistling past at about a foot's distance. Your blade slices into the Taurus's chest, just below the ****pit area, as the pilot pulls the WAVE back for another swing. Its chest armor flashes from a green to a bright yellow, and then to a paler hue as a missile slams into the Taurus's back. "Thought you could use some help." John calls, and you can just barely catch a glimpse of his WAVE, as the Taurus's bulk blocks your view.

"You thought right!" Hudre slashes at the Tauruss again and begins moving towards John.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 13:25   #495
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"I bet they are. Come on lets go."

*Crazy kicks his gunship forward and turns towards the spaceport with the other two following*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 17:27   #496
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

You reach the lobby, and can see the roilling gun battle going on outside. Several powered infantry stagger into the lobby through the glass doors, apparently abandoning their position to fall back into the lobby. One of the wounded infantry pops open his helmet, and you can see Toby's features. "It's pretty *grunt* bad out there, Jin." Toby says, wincing from the pain. You can see that either a shotgun blast or some other weapon had penetrated his right arm's armor, and blood was now seeping out through the holes. "We'd better have the Doc look at that." one of the other soldiers said, and gently started leading him away, deeper into the Senate. As Toby passes you he whispers, "Give 'em h*ll out there."

James

The torpedo tube doors iris open, and a moment later you can see a massive warhead emerge to fly towards the enemy gunships. The warhead was too massive to use in Earth's gravity well, really. A moment now, Earth's gravity would start pulling it down, away from the gunships . . . there is suddenly a brilliant flash as the torpedo is struck by two of the missiles and detonates. Of the seventy missiles coming in on your gunboat, only fifty-six remain. Your PDLs fire non-stop, boxing the missiles in and then destroying them. Another forteen are destroyed this way, and your laser cannons even manage to pick off a couple of the torpedoes, envloping them in laser light before burning away the thin metal skin and igniting the warhead and remainning fuel.
Thus, a little better than half of the salvo reaches you, shaking your bridge like a rag doll. Still, you survived with only minor damage. "Torpedo will be reloaded in three minutes." the Gunner intones, already switching his laser cannon fire to the approaching gunships. He manages to destroy two, then three more as the gunships entering gun range, and both gatling guns and PDLs blaze away.

Scott

The gunship easily zig-zags out of your line of gatling gun fire, and you can hear mocking laughter being transmitted to you from the enemy craft. Feminine mocking laughter. "So, you to avenge your fallen comrades, eh?" a picture of the enemy pilot pops up on your monitor as the woman begins speaking to you. She appears to be of Latino descent, has raven black hair, and green eyes. She also appears to have straight, perfect teeth, although the cold glare she is giving you suggests that she rarely shows them in a smile. "Prepare to join your friend."

David91

"Well, since everyone is going to want to get off of Earth pretty soon, my best guess is the Spaceport."

Fluffie

/ooc No, because your family won't die. After all, I need to have someone to torment you with during the "hostage hour". ooc/

You find the tank where you left it. Several Commonwealth infantry are standing around and in it, apparently trying to "hotwire" it. One of the infantry lying up against one of the tank's treads walks up to you. "Is this your tank, sir?"

No Dachi

"There's about thirty men loaded so far, sir. There seems to be a bit of a hold up, as we are arguing over whether or not we should load equipment as well. It'll mean less people we peronsally can get out of here, but the ones that do come with us will be better armed."

Hewitt

/ooc Well, there is a secret project being worked on by Majestic, but that would make you a bad guy, so no. Of course, I could make a Dragon WAVE for you sometime if you want. ooc/

You run into the hanger that contained your WAVE. Despite the fact that it was an older design, a refitted Kenji, you were still very proud of it. A Control Tower specialist was a good paying job, but WAVEs were expensive, even old dinosaurs like the Kenji. The machine gun and missile launcher mounted onto it were quite lethal however (no flamethrowers yet. :/).
You can hear the control tower collapse as someone drops a few hundred tons of cargo onto it. A suitable end for that b*stard traitor, Christopher Wright. Climbing into the ****pit, you begin powering the massive war machine to life.

Hudre

You sword slash glances off the thick chest armor instead of penetrating this time, and the Taurus's armor flashes from a pale yellow to a organish yellow. The WAVE then strikes, slamming one of its spiked fists into your right shoulder. Alarms ring out in your ****pit, and you can see that your right arm indicator has turned a bright orange. Your WAVE also staggers back from the blow, almost falling backward from the brutal impact. However, that gives you a tiny bit of distance away from the enemy WAVE, and that combined with your tiny amount of strafing allows you to see John's WAVE, standing rather still and clearly lining up another shot at the Taurus.

Crazyboy

It takes almost ten minutes to reach the Spaceport, even at full speed. As you come into sight of the Spaceport, you see that a furious battle is being waged both in the skies and on the ground. Most of the spaceport's anti-air batteries are silent, and it is clear that the defenders cannot cope with the enormous amount of tanks, WAVEs, and powered infantry being thrown at them. "Looks like we better hurry if we want to hitch a ride." Ralph says, the master of understatement, as always.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 17:29   #497
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Hell yes it is." replies Fluffie, hoping for their sakes they didn't break it.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 17:38   #498
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

"Well, normally I'd give you a ticket for double-parking." he nods toward the tank, and it is only now that you can see the solid yellow line under the middle of the tank. "But if you can get this thing started up I think I'll tear it up just this once."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 17:45   #499
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie sighs. "It worked fine earlier, you gals had better not broken it." he mumbles, before climbing into his tank and ordering Nicholas to join him. Once they are both seated and strapped in, he tries to start up the tank.
Unread 31 Jul 2002, 17:58   #500
David91

"Sure thing."

*David closes the hatch and powers up his WAVE and starts walking.*