Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2002, 19:11   #401
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
No Dachi

"Got it. Let's hope its not yet another nasty surprise." the sergeant replies, and then cuts the comm channel. You then recieve a communication from the Control Tower. "Umm . . . th-this is Alexandrea Thomas, speaking. We . . . we've lost . . . our Control Tower Supervisor is dead!!" she suddenly blurts out. "He was . . . the only one that knew the codes for the anti-air defense grid. Now, now don't be alarmed, we have them in a safe in case something like this happened, but we need to pick a new Supervisor. We've decided to hold an, um vote for all ship captains to participate in. We have two candiates, both assistant Supervisors. Their names are Xavier Dumont and Christopher Wright. If you could just write the name you want down on a piece of paper, and then, um . . . give it to someone at the door to the Control Tower, we'll get back to you soon with the winner."

Terra

You manage to avoid all three of the missiles by your wild, erratic flight. One even flights past your gunship, streaking by your ****pit at a distance of about one meter. It begins to swing around to lock onto your gunship again, but crashes into a department store before it is able to complete its turn. A moment later, you hear a paniced voice yell, "He's on me, he's on me! Can't shake him, can't shake him!!"

Hudre

You seen a scene from H*ll. WAVEs and other vehicles litter the nearby streets, all destroyed. Sadly, it looks like more Commonwealth WAVEs are down than Majestic ones, although you are not quite sure about that. You do see, however, that of all the defenders of this block, only you, John, and two other Commonwealth WAVEs are still standing. You also see that you're about to be overrun by fifteen Majestic units, ranging from a Jaguar light tank to a Ballista WAVE. As you watch, the Ballista opens fire with its rockets, spraying them down the street. Two hit your WAVE, causing its torso area to turn a bright orange. "Think its time to fall back??" John asks you, having to yell over the roar of the explosions.

David91

You quickly return to the group to find that the gunship pilot is still alive, but trapped inside. A few seconds later, three sensor contacts appear on your screen: three WAVEs headed this way. You hear over the comm Melissa swear, and then shout, "We've got incoming!" A second later, you heard Nick shout, "Do whatever you have to do to get your friend out, we'll hold them off as long as we can!! Come on guys, let's go out to meet our guests!" On the way there, Nick continues to speak, "Alright, there's three of them and four of us. Let's use those numbers to our advantage. If we hit them hard enough and fast enough, maybe we can wipe them out entirely, or force them to retreat. But remember, we've got to keep all three of them away from the gunship for as long as we can. Alright, let's do it." Up ahead you can see three Majestic WAVE's approaching: two Vipers and a new design, a Lich. All three are a bluish grey, with odd yellow lines painted on them; the effect is that the WAVEs look like a circuit board.

Lady Hawk

"I'll be down in a minute. In the meanwhile, perhaps you could use your pistol to break open the locking mechanism, or some such thing?" Nick says, manipulating his controls so that his Shogun kneels, before powering it down. "Sh*t. We have incoming!!" Melissa yells, and Nick's WAVE stands back up. "Do whatever you have to do to get your friend out, we'll hold them off as long as we can!! Come on guys, let's go out to meet our guests!" Nick yells, and then charges forward, following the other three WAVEs as they move out to meet the incoming WAVEs head on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:00   #402
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi swears vehemently, consciouse that the comms are still open.

"Christ! Look, if yuo can't operate the air defense grid at the moment then you've got bigger problems to worry about, I know I ****ing well have, if those gunships get near this hulk they'll run rings around us and blow us to pieces, you get me some bloody gunship support right now y'here, or we're toast!"

Just for the sake of it, No Dachi writes down the name Christopher Write on a slip of paper and tucks it into his pocket.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:05   #403
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
"Er, what are those?"
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:09   #404
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre yells into the com"YOU THINK!" Hudre turns his WAVE and runs back towards the base, sending them a message of warning.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:22   #405

Listening into the Control Tower's transmission, James is disgusted.

He opens a channel to the Control Tower.

"Look, this is a combat situation here, folks. We're not going to have time to vote on any of this. Just flip a coin or something, because we need those codes NOW. Not tomorrow, not next second, we need them NOW."

James leaned back into his chair and sighed.
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:27   #406
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi and James

"Um . . . well, the air defenses are still on-line. It's just that without the codes we can't, uhhh . . . control them." The woman's voice suddenly becomes more forceful and controled. "But until we elect a new Supervisor, no one is going to leave this Spaceport. Now, could you and the other ship please return to your respective hangars, before the other captains accuse us of favoritism?"

David91

"Trouble. See those markings on that Lich? I'm pretty sure those mean that this guy is the commander of a at least a squadron, if not more." Sure enough, you can see that the Lich does look a little bit different than the two other WAVEs, the most obvious of which are the broad, flat spikes that stick out like pontoons over the Lich shoulders.

Hudre

"Yeah, let's get out of here!" you hear John exclaim as the two of you turn to run. A moment later, you hear someone yell over the comm, "All forces, fall back to the Senate!"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:32   #407
David91

*David starts firing at them, while saying,*

"Oh look he's got those sew-on shoulder pads aswell, very novel."

*He continues his volley of shots and urges assistance from Vincent as he reloads.*
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 20:47   #408
No Dachi

No Dachi massages his temples as he sits in his chair, it's not been the easiest of days so far and he strongly suspects it will get worse soon.

"Look, I'm not returning to no hangar to make myself a sitting duck for those Majestic troops, and I don't see how you're going to stop me without an operational air defense grid. I also don't see why you need a bloody supervisot at this current time, what I think you need to do is get control of those damned air defense."

Unread 23 Jul 2002, 00:26   #409
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
On seeing the missile streak past and slam into the department store...... i say to Mike..."Never really liked shopping there anyway" Mike looks as me as if to say this is a hell of time for Humour......but since we have been partners for a long time he is used to my warped sense of humour.

On hearing through the Radio "He's on me i cant shake him....."

I Radio the Gunship pilot and ask for his location....and state that we somehow have no enemies on our tail.....and can be there to render assistance....
Unread 23 Jul 2002, 07:52   #410
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Terra

Your copilot looks at you, and then a moment later his face splits into a grin. "Well, guess you finally got to show your disdain for their selection of items then."

"This is Polearm-4!! I'm about 2 kilometers to the South-West!! Hurry up, my armor is falling apart!!"

No Dachi

"Listen, you, you big overfull bag of ego! You'll land back in your hangar, or I'll make sure you never fly in these skies again! I'll -" the woman is interupted by someone else, and there is a sound of a brief scuffle on the other end, and then a new voice, this time a male, speaks to you. "This is Christopher Wright. You'll have to forgive Susan, she's taken the Supervisor's death a bit hard. This hasn't happened before, so please be patient with us. If you land, you could deliver your vote, and at least feel like you are contributing to getting this mess resolved. Everyone here is determined to do this democratically, so no one is looking at the codes until the election is over. Votes will be counted in five minutes, so you'd better hurry. Control Tower out." and with that the channel is cut.

David91

/ooc Havn't forgot you, but I do need a bit more time to type up the next couple of events in your area. Let's just say things are going to get ugly very quickly. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 23 Jul 2002, 10:13   #411
No Dachi

No Dachi comes close to ripping chunks of his hair out before managing to restrain himself.

"Okay, Helm, take us down close to the ground by the control tower and lower to boarding ramp, I'll deliver this goddammed vote to them and then we can get back to those trivial things like making sure we don't get blown into lots of tiny little atoms."

Unread 23 Jul 2002, 11:45   #412
Immortal Squish

/ooc Short away, but I'm back ooc/

Squish falls to his knee, grasping at his throat and coughing loudly. Continuing to hack and cough, Squish waits until his attacker has had enough time to circle behind him.

Squish then spins on his knee, and punches out where he imagines the assassin's crotch is. Continuing the offensive, Squish launches himself forward in an attempt to tackle his invisible opponent to the ground and subdue him with a furious rain of blows.
Unread 23 Jul 2002, 15:04   #413
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre listens to the message. "Oh hell John, you know what that means....there's alot more than fifteen coming!" Hudre run his WAVE towards the Senate.

Unread 23 Jul 2002, 16:25   #414
David91

ooc: np
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 04:10   #415
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Nick watches as the three WAVEs split up and eerily dodge all of David's pistol shots, except one, which is caught contemptuously on the shield of a Viper.
"Whoa." Nick muttered to himself, fairly impressed.
"David, cease-fire for a moment." Nick comms to David's WAVE.
The two sides then stand motionless for a few moments, and then the silence is broken by the pilot of the Lich.
"I am Colonel Alexander Driscoll, commander of the Omega Letters." The Lich broadcasts to everyone in the group, and Nick notices that the man speaks in clipped, aristocratic tones. In one corner of Nick's monitor, Driscoll’s face appears, only reinforcing the idea of an aristocrat. His face is lean but not emaciated, and is topped with short brown hair. Driscoll’s piercing blue eyes, however, made it clear that he was indeed a military man, and not a wealthy pretender. While Nick completed his analysis of the colonel, Driscoll finished his ultimatum.
“I have come to retrieve a pilot that was shot down by one of my own gunship pilots. Do not interfere or suffer the consequences.”
The Lich took a step forward, but then stopped when Nick raised his rifle. “Sorry, but I guess we’re about to interfere.”
Nick switched his comm channel to the rest of his team, and said, “Melissa and I will take the colonel, David, you and Vincent have the two Vipers. Go!”
Nick fired his rifle at the Lich, and all h*ll broke loose.

No Dachi

Your helmsman barely manages to burst out laughing, but instead mutters, half-choking, "Aye, sir." A minute later, the destroyer is hovering right in front of the door, the ramp lowered. A man walks forward, waving at you, "I'll take your vote!!" he said, cupping his hands around his mouth so that he can be heard over the roar of the ship's engines.

Immortal

Your punch, instead of hitting its intended target, smashes into something hard, and a moment later there is a flash and a bullet hole in the floor next to you. A moment later you realize that you punched the assassin in the arm, throwing his aim off. Clearly, the assassins can still attack while cloaked, and they are carrying some sort of gun. Before the assassin can fire again, you charge forward, only to be stopped by a knee to the jaw. A second attack, this time a foot, sends you sprawling. Lying on your back, you can sense that the assassin is aiming at you. Raising your head, you can see an odd simmering outline just beyond your feet, as if something invisible was there . . .

Hudre

The Majestic WAVEs open fire at your fleeing backside, but most of their shots miss, thus sparring your thinner back armor. Arriving back at the Senate, you see that only a handful of WAVEs and gunships have survived the battle, and have now gathered in front of the Senate building to make a last stand. You hear a lot of comm chatter, but one of the most important questions everyone is asking is where Captain Sinclair is. His WAVE left the Senate building some time ago, but he has not returned. Before a concensus could be reached on his probably condition, the first sensor enemy contacts appear: Majestic forces were now in sight of the Senate. Leading their forces was an odd but large crab-like WAVE. "Oh sh*t!!! Not that thing again!!!" you hear one of the other WAVE pilots yell, and a moment later the bizarre machine cuts loose with both of its beam cannons, slicing a nearby WAVE to pieces.

David91

You watch as the three WAVEs split up and eerily dodge all of your pistol shots, except one, which is caught contemptuously on the shield of a Viper.
"David, cease-fire for a moment." Nick comms to you. (you presumably obey)
The two sides then stand motionless for a few moments, and then the silence is broken by the pilot of the Lich.
"I am Colonel Alexander Driscoll, commander of the Omega Letters." The Lich broadcasts to everyone in the group, and you notice that the man speaks in clipped, aristocratic tones. In one corner of your monitor, Driscoll’s face appears.
“I have come to retrieve a pilot that was shot down by one of my own gunship pilots. Do not interfere or suffer the consequences.”
The Lich takes a step forward, but then stops when Nick raises his rifle. “Sorry, but I guess we’re about to interfere.”
You then hear Nick say, “Melissa and I will take the colonel, David, you and Vincent have the two Vipers. Go!”
Nick fires his rifle at the Lich, and all h*ll breaks loose.

One of the Vipers swings in toward you, firing off a quick burst from its machine gun that shakes your WAVE around savagely. Out of the corner of your eye you can see Nick and Melissa leading the Lich away, and Vincent engaged in a close combat fight with the other Viper. It doesn't look like he's winning.

Lady Hawk

You recieve Driscoll's transmission as well.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 05:00   #416
Immortal Squish

Squish springs into a crouched position and throws out a hard kick to the outlined assassin's legs, attempting to sweep his foe to the ground.

He follows up by climbing atop the (hopefully) prone figure and delivering a vicious punch to the enemy's face with one fist and pinning the assassin's weapon arm to the ground with the other.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 05:19   #417
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

As you leap into a crouch your right shoulder jerks back as a bullet impacts against your body armor. Fortunately the armor stops the bullet without damaging you (this time). A moment later you lash out with your foot in a low sweep kick. It connects with something solid, and there is a muffled thump as the assassin hits the ground. You manage to pin the assassin's right arm to the floor, but cannot determine if it is the one with the gun in it or not. Your guess is proved correct, however, as you hear the rasping sound of a blade being drawn, a mere second before a sharp lancing pain appears in your shoulder. Looking down, you can see the assassin's sword entering high on your left sword, and from the pain radiating from your back you assume it has passed completly through you. Still, at least the assassin had to have the gun in his right hand, otherwise he would not have been able to draw the blade. Of course, that does you little good now, skewered like a fish. You bite back a scream as the assassin twists the blade inside of you, causing your entire left arm and side to sent a jolt of pain straight to your brain. It is at this point you manage to lash out with your right fist, striking the assassin across the face. The twisting stops, but you realize that the assassin is merely stunned, not out, and it might be best to back away for now, before the assassin revives and introduces you to any other surpises he may have.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 06:15   #418
Immortal Squish

Almost maddened with pain, Squish rips the sword from the assassins weakened grasp as he pulls himself from atop the man.

Squish's right hand reaches to his belt and pulls free a grenade. He sends the safety pin flying with a flick of his thumb and tosses it down a meter above the assassin's head (and hopefully out of his foe's reach) as he continues to scramble away.

A path of blood follows Squish's retreat, dripping from the sword still lodged in his sholder. Grimacing in pain, Squish calls out, "Everyone down!" and makes a desperate leap to get as far away from the blast as possible.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 11:42   #419
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
Crazyboy

Your first set of rockets narrowly miss the light tank, but this proves fortunate as they slam into the ground just in front of the second tank in line, throwing up a cloud of dirt and shaking the light tank badly. Your second round of rockets streak in to blow apart the front of the second Jaguar a moment later, and your gatling gun and third pair of rockets badly damage the third tank. However, by the far the most important fact is that the second tank was nonoperational, and its bulk blocked off most of the narrow alleyway. It seemed likely that this would either block or at least slow down any more enemy units planning on using this alleyway to flank the Commonwealth positions. "Thanks for the warning." you hear the voice of Captain Kerensky say, and out of the corner of your eye you can see a rifle shot slam into the first Jaguar, causing it to slew to one side, badly damaged. Suddenly, a lone gunship (presumably the one Ralph had been chasing), drops in behind you out of nowhere and cuts loose with everything it has.
"Oh s h i...."

*Crazy cuts the engines and drops the gunship to the floor, spins it around, hits the engines again, charing up at the other gunship, ducks between two buildings, hits his engines into reverse, spins around, pops out above the builds and fires with teh gatling gun on the gunship*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 16:13   #420
David91

*David turns and fires a volley of shots at the Viper Vincent is fighting, hoping it will hit and give him some advantage. He turns and fires several shots at the other Viper.*
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 16:47   #421
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

A few seconds later the grenade explodes sending shrapnel into several seats and into the wall, but fortunately no one is hurt. No one except the assassin, anyway. As you get back up to your feet, you see the cloaking field collapse around the assassin, revealing the black armor again. You watch as the assassin suddenly sits up, and gets shakily to his feet. The grenade's blast also damaged the armor, and in several places it is in tatters, revealing the torn skin beneath. The assassin takes a limping step toward you, and begins to raise its pistol to fire. You notice that the assassin's sword is still buried in your shoulder.

Crazyboy

Your maneuver manages to work, and the gunship explodes as your gatling gun fire rips through its weakened armor. "Nice shot." Ralph says as he comes in to hover beside you. Suddenly, you recieve the following transmission: "All units, fall back to the Senate! Repeat, all units, fall back!" However, you suddenly notice a squadron of gunships approaching the battle . . . fast. Zooming in one of them, your monitor displays that the gunships are painted a bluish grey, with yellow lines running here and there, like a circuit board.

David91

You do not have time to see if your thoughts had any effect, because a burst of machine gun fire rattles your WAVE again, and then suddenly the Viper runs forward and rams its shoulder against your WAVE's torso. Both of your massive machines fall to the ground, landing side by side, and allowing you to see into each other's ****pits. You see a blue-eyed man with long blond hiar tied back into a ponytail sitting in the Viper's ****pit, looking at with you first with surprise, then disdain. "Ha, is the Commonwealth so desperate that they're digging up old fossils now? Hahaha, at least the WAVE is fitting for you, gramps." he taunts as you both get your machines back onto their feet
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 17:24   #422
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre fires his shotgun at the crab and conmtinues firing,n while trying to find covber.

Unread 25 Jul 2002, 18:17   #423
Immortal Squish

"Damn it, stay down!" Squish yells between grunts of pain as he pulls the sword from his shoulder and launches it like a spear at the limping assassin.

He dashes in behind the projectile, dodging side to side to avoid the assassin's fire. As he reaches the wounded assassin, Squish grabs the man's pistol arm, steps into the assassin's body, and flips the man over his right shoulder. As the assassin goes flying through the air, Squish wrenches back on the weapon attempting the pull it from the assassin's grip.
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 21:29   #424
David91

*David makes a hard-to-stop thrusting movement with his sword.*

"Die young b*tch."
Unread 25 Jul 2002, 21:35   #425
No Dachi

No Dachi cups his hands to his mouth in a similar fasion.

"Be my guest!"

He hands over the slip of paper.

Unread 26 Jul 2002, 01:16   #426
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
"Polearm 2 we are on our way......."

"Mike lets get this bird going maximum speed and also as low and as fast as possible we dont want any unwanted attention!
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 06:23   #427
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Nick swore as his WAVE took another rifle shot to the chest from the Lich. Although Nick had thought Driscoll might have been able to back up his ultimatum, it was clear now that he could back it up. It wasn't just that the Lich was one of the newer and more powerful Majestic designs, it was simply that Driscoll was good, real good. So far, Nick had managed to hit the Lich only once with his rifle, the other times Driscoll was somehow able to sidestep out of Nick's sights just as he fired. Most of Melissa's shots went wild as well, although the scattering effect of the shotgun did allow her to scratch up the Lich's armor a bit. Sighing, Nick lined up on the Lich, and was about to fire when its skeletal head turned to face him. Knowing another attack was coming, Nick throttled his WAVE into reverse and snapped off a hasty shot. The Lich did not move, except to complete its turn, and Nick's shot flew about a foot to the left of the Lich's ****pit. Shaking his head in disbelief, Nick deftly twisted his WAVE back behind a building, just in time as the Lich's rifle spat out a bullet. "Got him!" Nick heard Melissa's triumphant yell, and throttled his WAVE back into forward motion again. Turning around the corner of the building again, Nick saw that Melissa had approached the Lich from behind while Driscoll was busy shooting at Nick again. Her shotgun blast had pegged the Lich directly in the back, and Nick turned in the corner in time to see the machine staggered forward from the impact. Unfortunately, the Lich had heavy armor everywhere, including its backside. Seeing that the Lich wasn’t quite down yet, Melissa began to reload, and Nick opened his mouth to shout out a warning. Too late. The Lich turned, and in one smooth motion, raised its rifle and fired. The shot slammed into the chest of Melissa’s Shogun rocking it backward, and sending it crashing to the ground. The Lich calmly walked over to the downed WAVE and stomped its right foot down onto its chest, keeping it from rising. “A pity. You were more of a challenge than the others.” Nick watched in shock as the following events happened in slow motion. Driscoll lowered the Lich’s rifle, maneuvering it until it was pointed directly at the Shogun’s ****pit. A flash from the muzzle of the rifle barrel, and a hole appears in the front of the Shogun where the ****pit was. The loading mechanism of the rifle slides back, ejecting the empty rifle cartridge. The cartridge lazily spins through the air, and then lands of the pavement, bounces once, and then lies still. At this point time speeds back up, and Nick finally notices that a loud noise has been filling his ****pit through this grisly scene. A moment later, Nick realizes that it is him, screaming one word: “No!” The Lich lazily removes its foot from the Shogun’s chest, and then turns to face him. “Ah . . . I see now. The pilot of that Shogun was your . . . wife? Sister?” Nick felt a bolt of shock and disbelief strike him in the gut: shock that Melissa was dead, disbelief that a man could so calmly murder someone. It took a few moments for Driscoll’s words to sink in, and Nick murmured, “Fiancé.” “Hmm . . . well, I suppose now you’ll avenge her death . . . if you can.” The arrogant tone in Driscoll’s voice as he finished speaking ignited Nick’s shock and sorrow, and he felt something in him snap. At first he felt nothing at all, and then the void was filled with a hot, blinding rage. “As a matter of fact, I will.” Nick kicked his WAVE to full throttle and charged toward the Lich, intending to fire one good rifle shot into Driscoll’s face and then pummel his WAVE to pieces using his WAVE’s spiked fist. The Lich seemed content to watch Nick’s Shogun rush forward, and the snapped into action just as Nick began to aim his rifle. Driscoll made his WAVE side-step again, and then he raised his rifle and fired, striking Nick’s right kneecap. Caught in mid-stride, the Shogun suddenly lost its balance, and tumbled to the ground. It slid several meters across the pavement, gouging away asphalt and armor plating alike. Finally, the WAVE came to a stop, and Nick begin to maneuver his controls to get the Shogun back onto its feet. This time, he’d get that murdering b*stard. A foot suddenly slammed down onto the chest of Nick’s Shogun. The foot belonged to Driscoll’s Lich, naturally, and Nick could only glare up at the skeletal machine with hatred. “Tsk tsk . . . I would have thought that a police officer would keep a cooler head in battle. Obviously you are no match for me, even less than the other Shogun I just killed. I suppose skill doesn’t matter, since you have both ended up the same. Perhaps I could have both of your remains dumped into the same mass grave, that way you could” for a moment Driscoll broke off to chuckle, and then finished his taunt. “Together forever.” Nick saw the Lich line its rifle barrel up with his ****pit, and felt regret as he gazed into the dark cavern of the barrel. I’ve failed you. I failed to protect you, and now I’ve failed to avenge you. Forgive me. A second before the Lich pulled the trigger, and missile slammed into its back, shifting the aim so that the bullet slammed into the pavement a foot from the Shogun. Whirling around, Nick heard Driscoll growl, “What!!?” Turning the Shogun’s head so he could see as well, Nick saw that a Commonwealth WAVE was approaching at top speed. A few seconds later it launched another missile, and Driscoll maneuvered his WAVE off of Nick in a futile attempt to avoid the attack. The Lich staggered back from the blast, but recovered quickly to return fire with a rifle shot. “This is Captain Sinclair. Get out of here, Nick! I’ll hold him off!! The Senate will fall, there’s no way we can win here. Get your *ss over to the spaceport with as many people as you can, and leave this place! Majestic isn’t going to look kindly of anyone who fought them after Earth is theirs.” The Commonwealth WAVE broadcast to Nick as he fought his Shogun back onto its feet. Nick still felt his rage coursing through him, but he knew the Captain was right. He had no idea why the Captain was giving up his life for Nick’s, but he knew that he was now honor bound not to throw the Captain’s gift away by staying to fight. With a sigh Nick turned and began to walk away. As he rounded the corner, the last thing he saw of the battle was the Captain raising his shield to block an attack from the Lich’s sword.

Hudre

There is little cover to be in the area around the Senate, as most of the surronding area was flat parking lots. Still, there were plenty of other targets to divide the Majestic fire, including the few ground defense turrets that were scattered about. Your shot is a maximum range, and thus does little damage to the crab. Of course, it seems to suffer little damage from the barrage of rifle and cannon fire as well. Fortunatly, it semms that while Majestic had developed a way to miniturize the capital ship beam weapons, they still were not able to improve their cooling ability, as evidenced by the crab's failure to fire its beam cannons again for several minutes. Still, it wasn't completely defenseless, as it proved when it cut down a small group of powered infantry with a pair of gatling guns mounting on it underside. "This isn't looking good at all." John said, the master of understatement, as always.

Immortal

Further blows are unneeded, as the sword flies through the air to penetrate the assassin's damaged chest armor, piercing his heart. With a soft grunt, the assassin falls forward, burying the blade even deeper into his body.

Daivd91

The Viper's pilot doesn't even try to stop the thrust, but instead twists the WAVE's torso so that the blow glances off the armor. "You first old man." the pilot retorts, and then slams his armored fist into your chest. Amazingly, the fist punches past your armor, and into the internal workings of your machine. A moment later the Viper drags its fist back out, filled with a handful of machinary. Half of your board goes red or flashes warnings, and you realize that you are finished if the fight continues. A moment later, you realize how this has happened: when the Viper had fired on you earlier, it had weakened the armor in one particular spot. Then, it punched that one spot, and the damaged armor gave. "Time to put this old horse out to pasture." the pilot taunted, raising his machine gun to pump fire into the hole and thus finish the job. However, a sudden barrage of fire coming from your right knocks the Viper off its feet. Turning, you see three Commonwealth WAVEs approaching. "This is Captain Sinclair. Looks like you guys need a hand." The Commonwealth WAVEs open fire again, but the Viper has already gotten back onto its feet, and begins to withdraw. The second Viper follows, leaving behind a pile of scrap that was once Vincent's WAVE. "I really liked that WAVE too . . . reminded me of the good old days." Vincent grumbled as he floated down in his ejection seat. "Is this everyone?" the captain asked, and suddenly you ****pit was filled with a yell. "NNNNNOOOO!!!!!" "I'd better check this out myself. Stay here." Sinclair ordered, and then left in the direction of the transmission.

No Dachi

The man waves, and grabs the falling slip of paper. "Thank you!!" he shouts, waves, and then heads back into the control tower.

Terra

"Righto."
Your gunships follows the streets, and a minute later you can see several gunships twisting in the sky above you: one presumably Polearm 2, the two others Majestic gunships.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 11:13   #428
No Dachi

No Dachi waits patiently for the man to arrive back at the ship, he's on edge, nervous, yet to a certain extent enjoying the tension of the battle.

"Sensors, scan the entire area and report, coms, moniter all of the Commonwealth or friendly transmission in the area."

Coms: Aye sir.

(I mean all the transmissions from WAVE to WAVE, from troop to troop, etc, to give my char an idea of what's going on around him)

Unread 26 Jul 2002, 12:05   #429
Immortal Squish

Squish turns towards his two companions as he quickly yanks the bloodied sword from the corpse's chest. "One down, how's it going over there?"
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 14:31   #430
David91

"Guys should I get out?"
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 15:28   #431
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
"What the hell are those?! I dont want to stay here to find out. Lets go Ralph"

*Crazy swungs his gunship around and jetted towards the senate, keeping low and between the buildings*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 17:04   #432
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre, seeing damage not being done, fires on the nearest non-crab majestic unit. Hudre activates his comm"If we can take out the other units, we can take out the crab while it's cooling it's weapons!"

Unread 26 Jul 2002, 18:44   #433
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

"More Majestic units are gathering at the edge of the city, sir. I have no idea if they waiting for still more reinforcements or what, but if they decide to attack, I doubt we can stop them this time." your sensor operator reports.

"Some of the comm traffic is encrypted, but I'll gather information I can from unencrypted sources sir." your comm operator reports. A few minutes later, your comm operator shakes his head and turns back to you. "Most of the comm chatter is idle talk, sir. Who survived the attack, how much longer we can hold out, etc. There does seem to be a common line running through all the talk though: the situation is hopeless, and we should surrender.

A moment later, your commications officer reports, "Message coming in from the Control Tower. Patching it in."

A moment later the same operator that you were talking to before appears. "This is Christopher Wright, and I have won the election and am the new Supervisor. I will be getting the codes shortly, once we have the air defenses under control we can see to other matters. This is Control, over and out."

/ooc And oh, how you're going to suffer. You should know better than to vote for someone named "Right", epsecially when the thread is under the control of an evil DM. ooc/

Immortal

"Just fine." Nicholas grunts, and you turn to find him holding the other assassin in a death-grib bearhug, while Warren slumps against a nearby chair, his shotgun still smoking.

David91

"Nah, you should still be able to run that thing, just don't get into any combat." one of the Commonwealth WAVEs says. The other then adds, "Pick up your friend and get out of here. We'll go looking for those two Vipers."

Crazyboy

As you flee from the area, you notice that the Majestic gunships return to formation, and the varous squadrons form a large arrow. You notice that at the tip is the bluish grey squadron.
"Man, this is some fight. I wonder if they have any ammo and armor left back at the Senate building?" Ralph comms to you.

Hudre

Looking out across the parking lot at the approaching Majestic forces, you realize that might be a tall order to follow: the Commonwealth forces are easily outnumbered 3:1. "Let's give 'em h*ll!! CHARGE!!!" someone yells over the comm, and all of the surviving Commonwealth vehicles leap forward toward the enemy."Sigh . . . how do we always get into these messes?" John asks as he pushes his WAVE's throttle up to maximum, heading for the approaching Majestic forces along with the rest of the surviving Commonwealth WAVEs.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 19:00   #434
No Dachi

Quote:
/ooc And oh, how you're going to suffer. You should know better than to vote for someone named "Right", epsecially when the thread is under the control of an evil DM. ooc/
Why am I suddenly not liking that the air defenses will be online and under this man's control soon?

---

No Dachi suddenly becomes very edgy for some reason.

"****, I don't like this. Is the Helm on board?"

The Helm answers this by running into the Bridge.

"Helm reporting sir."

"Good, take your station, man, and hurry. Control, dump any cargo we're still carrying to make room for new cargo, Coms get me Seargent Leyolds."

(I'm assuming there's some kind of automatic cargo dumping thing...)

Various Officers: Aye sir.

"Seargent? It's Captain No Dachi again, we've picked up a large group of Majestic troops ammassing on the edge of the city, they're waiting for something and I reckon that something is coming soon, I suggest you get out of there as soon as you can."

No Dachi looks thoughtful for a moment before turning to his Bridge.

"How much space does our cargo hold have?"

Unread 26 Jul 2002, 19:14   #435
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

"I guess it's just luck John..." Hudre shoves his own throttle to maximum. As he approaches the Majestic forces, Hudre fires and takes out his sword.

Unread 26 Jul 2002, 19:18   #436
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"I don't think so. They had very little left when we left there last time. And I don't particulary want to hang around on the ground when those guys arrive there. Lets keep low and follow them."

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 19:20   #437

OOC: /me goes into PK's "Mercs for hire" thread, and makes an offer...

IC:

"Good. Tag us as friendlies and we can start helping out." James said. Civilians... he thoguht.
Unread 26 Jul 2002, 23:21   #438
Immortal Squish

Squish searches the assassin's body for any other weapons and significant items (ID card, comm link, etc.). He also takes a moment to find whatever was making these guys invisible. Squish comm-links Toby as he searches the body, "Toby, what's the status of the battle out there?"

Once complete, Squishes stashes the equipment and walks over to Nicholas and Warren to discuss their next move and inspect the severity of his shoulder wound, "Anyone got some bandages?"
Unread 27 Jul 2002, 06:36   #439
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc I'd reply to this thread now, but unfortunately I have a very bad T-storm heading my way. Sorry, folks, but replies will have to wait awhile. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 27 Jul 2002, 10:41   #440
David91

Vincent? You gonna follow or get in?
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 16:35   #441
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

/ooc Well gee, I don't know . . .

Maybe because he's a traitor? ooc/

"Sir, I don't think Control is going to like us dumping our cargo all over the spaceport. Especially if we flatten someone with it. And considering we'd be openning the door to toss out some five hundreds tons of freshly mined Dextrium, using the automatic dumping method might not be best. Trimming the corners off our safety procedures, however, we can unload our cargo in a little under an hour." the Helmsman responds.
"Recieving transmission from the Sergeant." your communciations officer reports, and the voice of the Sergeant fills the bridge. "This is Sergeant Leynolds. I'm afraid to say we're in this for the long haul, with the enemy controlling the skies, and surronding us on the ground."

Hudre

"Yeah . . . bad luck!!"

Your shotgun blast bounces a few pellets off of a Banshee, and you suddenly see that a group of WAVEs were charging out to meet the Commonwealth forces: Tauruss. The squat, massively built WAVEs were designed for close combat, and you can see that each of them was equipment with a spiked fist on each hand. The group of about twenty splits up to engage individual targets, and the Commonwealth forces frantically open fire before the Tauruss can close the range. One of them begins heading your way . . .

Crazyboy

You fly low over the city, weaving in and out of streets, and thus it is no surprise when you suddenly almost crash into a damaged Shogun. "Hey, that looked like Nick Andrew's WAVE. Think we should go back?" Ralph asks.

James

"Recieving a transmission from the Control Tower, sir. Patching it through now." the comm officer reports, and a moment later a man appear in the viewscreen. You can see the name "Wright" on his ID Badge. A moment later he begins to speak.

"This is Christopher Wright, and I have won the election and am the new Supervisor. I will be getting the codes shortly, once we have the air defenses under control we can see to other matters. This is Control, over and out."

Immortal

A good part of the assassin's armor and equipment were damaged by the grenade blast, and a good half of it was unidentifiable. Out of curiousity, you pop off the helmet of the assassin, and are quite surprised when long hair falls out to frame a beautiful face . . . a female face. Odd, she certainly hit like a man . . . you then take a closer at the suit. Here and there you can see the twisted remains of strength enhancers, which explains why she packed such a punch. You stagger over to Nicholas and Warren, and take a good look at the wound on your shoulder. You almost pass out when you see the way your flesh has been mangled by the blade.

David91

"I'll get in. Powered down and pop open the ****pit." Vincent says as he works his way out of his now-landed ejection seat, and walks over to your WAVE's foot.

Fluffie

Welcome back. In summary, you have managed to track down the two assassins, along with Immortal Squish. He killed one of them, you killed the other, shotgun the assassin in the chest with your shotgun while Nicholas had the assassin in the bear-hug. He is now staggering over to you, blood dripping from a nasty shoulder wound, and has aksed if anyone has some bandages.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 16:52   #442
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre stops his WAVE and fires at the Tauruss' ****pit, and begins moving backwards.

Unread 28 Jul 2002, 16:58   #443
No Dachi

No Dachi turns to his Bridge Officers first.

"Fine, fine, just unload the damn stuff as quickly as you possibly can."

He then turns to the com unit built into his chair.

"That may be, but if this battle turns for the worse I intend to get off this planet, along with as many Commonwealth troops as I can take with me. If you recieve the order to retreat, you try and secure me some gunship cover and start directing any friendly troops into my cargo hold, you got that?"

No Dachi's mind wanders unbidden to the old (what is the name of my old WAVE?) WAVE stowed in the depths of his cargo hold, in the 'Permanent Cargo' section, which is never unloaded with the other stuff (so basically, it won't be dumped with the otehr cargo).

Unread 28 Jul 2002, 17:03   #444
xdj Scott

Name: Ryon "(callsign) Dragon" McCright
Vehical: Gunship called "Renegade"
Char: Unpredictable, somewhat rebellous of his predecesors. Outgoing and has a great sense of humor.
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 17:25   #445
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Erh, since I'm back..

What's happening 'ere laddies?
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 17:39   #446
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally posted by Fluffie
Erh, since I'm back..

What's happening 'ere laddies?
Inspectre kindly explained this for you in his last post.

Unread 28 Jul 2002, 17:44   #447
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
hmm..

i knew that.. really, i did

---

Fluffie holsters his shotgun again and quickly rushes over to Nicholas, letting the big bear (partially ofc, that damn man is too damn big ) lean on him. He looks around and takes in a deep breath.

"MMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:26   #448
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hudre

Your blast catches the Taurus directly in the ****pit, and its stumbles back a step, before charging toward you again. The WAVE was designed with one purpose in mind: get into close combat range with the enemy and then rip them apart. For this reason the Taurus has rather heavy armor, and on your monitor the "head" of the WAVE where the ****pit was located turns a shade of lime green. All of the Taurus WAVEs have reached the Commonwealth group, and procede to tear into them. Your Taurus charges forward a moment after your shotgun blast, using its boosters to give it a burst of speed. As it approaches it draws one beefy fist back, and you suddenly see it heading directly for your ****pit.

No Dachi

"Right, but some of the troops are adamant about staying . . . going to "make one last stand for the Commonwealth". Sigh . . . young fools."

"Right, sir. I'll have everyone get on that right away." your Helmsman says, and leaves the bridge to make sure your orders are followed as quickly as possible, landing your ship back into its hangar before he does.

Meanwhile, your thoughts return to your old "Samurai" WAV, locked down in the cargo hold. It was an old design, the very first actually. It would certainly be no match for any of the modern WAVEs, but there were those modifications you were always planning on adding. Your mind continues to wander as you wait for the cargo to be unloaded, and your thoughts soon turn from your WAVE to the "incident".

Scott

Character is fine. Welcome aboard.

You were one of the few gunship pilots to survive the various Majestic attacks on the military bases. Although you were a reservist, you liked to hang around the base, and today it saved your life as the Base Commander ordered an evacuation after contact with the Manhatten base was lost. Seconds after you powered up your WAVE and took off, the base was destroyed by an energy beam fired from orbit. Now you are at the Senate, running for your craft once again as Majestic forces move to finish thier conquest of the Capital. "Make sure no one clips your wings up there, buddy." calls Arnold Vendrix, one of the people you usually hanged out with at the now destroyed base. Arnold was a powered infantryman, which led to the usual rivalry between members of different military branches, but you still tried to look out for each other.

Fluffie

"I'm fine, comrade. Took a couple of shotgun pellets to the arms, but the armor caught them . . . I think." A few minutes later several infantrymen rush in, including one with a red crossband on his arm. The man almost does a double-take on Jin Saotome(Immortal Squish), and rushes over to treat his rather nasty sword wound. "Think we should take a look at our would-be assassin?" Nicholas asks, giving the body a good kick.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:27   #449
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Warren nods and wonders if he still has his sword, while walking over to the seemingly dead body and checking it over, hoping to find anything shiny, cool or usefull
Unread 28 Jul 2002, 18:30   #450
No Dachi

"Young fools indeed..."

No Dachi gives no order to close the channel while his thoughts turn to the incident all those years ago. He remembers the screams of those villagers as they were cut down by the troops he had thought just and good just a few second sbefore, remembers the cold, hard fury at himself for being powerless to stop it all...the fury rises in him once again and he clenches a fist tightly as his arm rests on the chair. His knickles turn white and his arm starts to shake slightly.

"Seargent, put me on to the leader of these troops who intend to make a last stand, I shall speak to them myself and try to talk some sense into them."