Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jul 2002, 07:39   #351
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Crazyboy

Your targets breaks up under your fire, and its engines suddenly die, leaving the gunship to fall from the sky to plow into the street below. Looking down to follow your kill to the ground with your eyes, you notice that a short distance away there are three enemy Jaguar light tanks rolling down an alleyway to flank a couple of Commonwealth WAVEs.

No Dachi

You can hear the Control Operator fumming in the background, muttering threats about what he's going to do to you after this is over, and finally you hear that one of the other Controllers suggests that he talk a little walk to cool off. He does so, but takes his headset with you, so that you just hear him chewing to himself as he goes into a seperate room for a cup of coffee. This is how you suddenly hear a loud "What the -" followed by three muffled pffts: gunshots. A minute later you hear someone else enter the room, and scream, "Oh no!! Ronald's been shot!! Everyone come quick!! oh no . . . oh . . . oh . . . aaaaahhhh!!!"

Somewhere in the middle of all this you recieve a communication from another ship (James): "Excuse me, captain, but would you mind telling me how exactly they're letting you take off?"

Through all of this, you Helmsman maneuvers your ship out of the hanger, the gunner continuing to blast targets wth all weapons. However, leaving the hanger to hover a short distance above the defense line nows allows the Majestic forces to see their tormentor. Your ship's heavy armor allows it to shrug off most of the bullets that scream in toward it, but the missiles and rockets are another matter. Your gunner finds that he has to devote more and more of the point defense turrets to shooting these projectiles down before they reach the ship. Still, some do get through, shaking the ship, but still doing only minor damage. The minor damage from each seperate rocket or missile can add up quickly however. Adding to the moasic of people demanding your attention, your gunner turns to you and says, "Sir, there are a handful of surviving [/i]Ballistas[/i] amongst the enemy WAVEs. These are the ones putting up the most rocket and missile fire. Do you want me to focus on destroying them, sir?"

Hudre

You and John soon reach Jameson Avenue, a block away from 10th street. With you are about half a dozen other WAVEs, most of these more modern, military designs. After your arrival, you spend several minutes tensly awaiting the arrival of the enemy, and then . . . "Here they come!" someone shouts, and the Western quadrant of your sensor display turns into an almost solid red line of enemy contacts. Quickly coming into your visual range is the vanguard of the enemy ground forces: a Hornet tank flanked by two Vipers.

James

"Message sent, sir." your communications officer says a moment later, and all that's left to do is wait for the response.

Lady Hawk

You and a handful of other WAVEs quickly make your way to 9th street. As you settle down to wait you suddenly recieve a communication from some source a few blocks from here. There is no actual transmission, however, just short and long pulses of static. With a jolt you suddenly realize that the static is really in Morse code, and the communication is an SOS!! "Something wrong, Jen?" Nick comms to you a moment later, aparently not having recieved the signals.

Immortal

The command center had been sealed off to prevent further such attacks, but you, Nicholas, and Warren (fluffie) are allowed inside. A corporal greets you. "Hi. I understand you're looking for the b*stards that shot this place up? Good, let me show you around." The corporal then takes you around the rather bullet riddled command center, bashfully explainning that most of the holes were made by the Commonwealth guards own weapons fire. "Those guys moved so fast . . . they were a blur. I don't think anyone actually hit them, although they got more than just the Major in their attack. Man, I still don't know how they got in here . . . we had four guards posted outside, and a few seconds after the Major was shot, all four of them came barging in. Somehow those two figures were able to slip past them . . . boy I'd like to know what their secret is. Guys must be ninjas or something."

PK/Mercs

This situation has been resolved, I believe. I will make up a quick list to add to my first post about who you will not be able to kill. And I would indeed appreciate being informed about a merc's job before they go and do it, and also avoiding another one-post kill incident like this one was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 08:02   #352
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
"I was down here to begin with, now shut it, I'm trying to command a ship here."

No Dachi orders the com channel closed before turning back to the display.

"Yes, target the ballistas, point defense concentrate fully on those missiles and rockets, if you're still targetting powered infantry then swich targets to the incoming fire.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 10:50   #353
Immortal Squish

"Let's split up and search this place for the 'ninjas' point of entry."

Squish will continue talking with the corporal while he searches the room for possible entry points and anything out of place. "Has anyone already searched the area or questioned the survivors as to what they saw?"
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 17:42   #354
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

You and a handful of other WAVEs quickly make your way to 9th street. As you settle down to wait you suddenly recieve a communication from some source a few blocks from here. There is no actual transmission, however, just short and long pulses of static. With a jolt you suddenly realize that the static is really in Morse code, and the communication is an SOS!! "Something wrong, Jen?" Nick comms to you a moment later, aparently not having recieved the signals.

Jenn jerks upright, she begins ti make a mental note of the morse code and then plots, using the nav comp, where the signal is more accurately coming from

As she translates she then turns to Nick.

I have rec an SOS, she plays the recording back

I must investigate i think i know whose signal that might be....

with that she turns and plots the quickest route

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 18:19   #355
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre quickly strafes right and fires his shotgun at the Viper on the right. He then moves back and fires again.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 19:26   #356

"Well, up yours too, mister neanderthal..." James says into the closing comlink.

Everyone on the bridge gives a nervous laugh.

"Orders, sir?" the helmsman asks.

"Take us straight through that hanger bay door. Fire the point defense guns to blow the door down, then go into hover mode." James orders.
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 19:32   #357
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy switches to comm to the WAVEs*

"Watch your flank. 3 Light tanks heading your way. I'll try and hold them up"

*Crazy dives at the tanks, and fires 2 rockets at each one, along with a long burst of the gatling gun*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 06:57   #358
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

"Yes sir. Understood." the gunner acknowledges, and begins firing the ship's laser cannons at the Ballistas. Despite their bulk, the Ballistas are fairly nimble, and the first salvo of cannons fire miss completely. The second round is a bit more successful, one cannon shot clips a Ballista, vaporising the armor off on its starboard side, and detonating the rocket ammo stored there, taking out half a dozen nearby powered infantry and a Hornet tank as well as the WAVE. From the rear of the bridge you can hear your chief engineer cursing as he survays the damage to your ship.

Immortal

"Well, there's . . . not too many survivors left to question. At least not any that saw anything of importance just before the enemy attack. However, there is one corporal who swears he saw the two black-clad figures materialize out of thin air just before they openned fire."

Lady Hawk

"It's going to be very dangerous with the enemy attack coming. I'll go with you." Melissa comms, and Nick abruptyly cuts in, "Count me in as well then." A few seconds later you have plotted the most direct route to the distress signal, and move out. You are halfway there when you hear someone shout over the comm, "Here they come!!", followed by the hissing of missiles leaving their launch tubes and the chattering of guns. It appears that most of the enemy is not using these roads to approach the Senate, as you encounter no enemy forces as you get closer and closer to the distress sight. Finally, rounding a street corner you see what could only be the source of the distress signal: a crashed gunship. One of the wings had been sheared off of it, and a ten meter gouge in the pavement of the street showed how it had come in for a crash landing very hard. Thin wisps of black, acrid smoke poured from various places in the gunship, and as you get closer you see that most of the once streamlined armor plating has been crumbled in the crash. There are no signs of life around the ****pit, so presumable whoever sent the distress call was still inside the ****pit, possibly trapped. Stopping within a few feet of the craft, you realize that you will probably have to get out to see within the cracked-glass canopy.

Hudre

As the distance between the two forces is still close to maximum range, your two shotgun blasts do little damage to the Viper. The first shot barely causes its frontal armor to flash on your monitor, and your second shot turns the Viper's frontal armor indicator on your monitor a lime green color. Still, the Viper fairs even worse, its one machine gun attack completely missing thanks to your strafing maneuver. Although the pilot could have fired again when you moved back, he did not. Clearly, he wanted the range to close before attacking again, and his determined movement toward you confirms it.

James

"Aye, sir." your Helmsman and Gunner both reply, and two minutes later your ship is hovering outside the hanger, the doors a smoking ruin. "Looks like one h*ll of a battle." your sensor operator says, indicating the Western area swarming with red blips. He then frowns, and says, "Sir . . . that ship that was powering up, it has begun firing on the enemy, and has also exitted its hanger."

Crazyboy

Your first set of rockets narrowly miss the light tank, but this proves fortunate as they slam into the ground just in front of the second tank in line, throwing up a cloud of dirt and shaking the light tank badly. Your second round of rockets streak in to blow apart the front of the second Jaguar a moment later, and your gatling gun and third pair of rockets badly damage the third tank. However, by the far the most important fact is that the second tank was nonoperational, and its bulk blocked off most of the narrow alleyway. It seemed likely that this would either block or at least slow down any more enemy units planning on using this alleyway to flank the Commonwealth positions. "Thanks for the warning." you hear the voice of Captain Kerensky say, and out of the corner of your eye you can see a rifle shot slam into the first Jaguar, causing it to slew to one side, badly damaged. Suddenly, a lone gunship (presumably the one Ralph had been chasing), drops in behind you out of nowhere and cuts loose with everything it has.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 08:08   #359
No Dachi

"Good work all of you! Guns concentrate on their heavier units, engineering repair whatever damage you can. Helm, keep us circling round them."

Unread 17 Jul 2002, 10:32   #360
Immortal Squish

Curious as to Nicholas and Warren's progress in searching the room, Squish turns to them. "I'm coming up empty over here, you guys finding anything?"

Squish closes his eyes for a moment, trying to peice together this puzzle. Perhaps these guys have some sort of personal cloaking system that allowed them to sneak into the room...

Thinking he might be on to something, Squish once again turns his attention to the Corporal, "Is there video of the attack? Like a security camera?"

/ooc Do these powered armor helmets come with alternate imaging modes (thermographics, infrared, etc.)? If so Squish scans the room toggling through the available imaging modes... ooc/
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 14:51   #361
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
David91

"It's been twenty-five years since the last major war, but its the same thing all over again. It's always the same thing: greed. Some stuipd b*stards just can't get enough, they want it all. Then they go and do something stupid to start a war, and make trouble for all of us old fellas that were just minded our own buisiness!" Vicent suddenly breaks down into a coughing fit, but he eventually regains control of himself. "Sorry, got carried away there a bit."

You approach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. Your WAVE is with the rest of the police survivors (that is you, LH, Nick, Vicent, Melissa, and a couple other NPCs). For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks."

A few moments later, you recieve a transmission from Nick's Shogun. "Melissa and I are going to help cover 9th street. You two want to tag along?"
Sure. (ooc: Crap I'm back several turns, see if you can worm me into the situation).
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 17:10   #362
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

Most of your bridge crew turns to look at you. "Umm . . . sir, if you recall earlier I said that if we circled around the enemy forces we would leave the protection of the air defenses." your Helmsman says. Meanwhile, your Gunner manages to blast a leg off another one of the Ballistas, bringing the total down to two.

Immortal

The corporal now looks really embarassed. "Well, umm . . . come over here." He then takes you over to a corner of the room, where there is a security camera. Was a camera, until someone punched out the lens, thus rendering the camera useless. "Obviously, these ninjas, or whatever they are, thought of that." the corporal said with a grimace. Warren and Nicholas come over to join you. "They've been taking out our leaders . . . first the president, then the major." Warren says, thinking outloud. "But who's left?" Nicholas asked. A thought enters your brain, perhaps at the very same time it enters Warren's . . . with the President dead, only the Senators are left to lead.

David91

/ooc Don't sweat it. ooc/

You accompany Nick, Melissa, and Jen to 9th street. A minute or so after arriving, you recieve a transmission from Jennifer indicating that she's going to check out a distress call. Vicent galantly volunteers to accompany her, also volunteering you as well (being the good friend that he is). The four of you (you, Vincent, Nick, and Melissa), follow Jen as she makes her way through the streets, and then discovers a crashed gunship. Utterly scrapped might be a better definition though, judging by the craft's extreme damage.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 17:53   #363
No Dachi

"Ah, so you did. In that case, maouevre as much as is humanly possible while staying within the range of the air defenses. Keep targetting their hardest hitting units. When most of those Ballistas are gone, switch point defense fire to the powered infantry again."

Unread 17 Jul 2002, 18:27   #364

"Target the nearest Majestic WAVE, fire the primaries at it. PDLs, open up on the Majestic PI's, and get ready to fire the torpedo launcher." James orders.
Unread 17 Jul 2002, 18:30   #365
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre watches as the Viper comes closer and closer."Well now that I've got his attention..." Hudre begins moving with the rest of his allies forces, and when he reaches a suitable range, he strafes once again, firing at the same Viper, but instead of falling back, Hudre continues, but moving towards the Vipers left side, firing.

Unread 17 Jul 2002, 22:12   #366
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

"It's going to be very dangerous with the enemy attack coming. I'll go with you." Melissa comms, and Nick abruptyly cuts in, "Count me in as well then." A few seconds later you have plotted the most direct route to the distress signal, and move out. You are halfway there when you hear someone shout over the comm, "Here they come!!", followed by the hissing of missiles leaving their launch tubes and the chattering of guns. It appears that most of the enemy is not using these roads to approach the Senate, as you encounter no enemy forces as you get closer and closer to the distress sight. Finally, rounding a street corner you see what could only be the source of the distress signal: a crashed gunship. One of the wings had been sheared off of it, and a ten meter gouge in the pavement of the street showed how it had come in for a crash landing very hard. Thin wisps of black, acrid smoke poured from various places in the gunship, and as you get closer you see that most of the once streamlined armor plating has been crumbled in the crash. There are no signs of life around the ****pit, so presumable whoever sent the distress call was still inside the ****pit, possibly trapped. Stopping within a few feet of the craft, you realize that you will probably have to get out to see within the cracked-glass canopy.

Jenn gratefully accepts the help of Melissa and Nick

she follows the route of the distress signal

when she roundsthe street corner she sees what could only be the source of the distress signal: a crashed gunship. Noticing that one of the wings has been sheared off of it, and a ten meter gouge in the pavement of the street showes how it has come in for a crash landing very hard. Thin wisps of black, acrid smoke pouring from various places in the gunship, and she gets closer she sees that most of the once streamlined armor plating has been crumbled in the crash.

On the radio

Nick please keep an eye out for me i need to check that gunship

Melissa please keep an eye out from the air, i will try to be quick

With that Jenn climbs out of the ****pit and unsheaths her own pistol, knowing full well that it will do diddly squat agains armoured opponets - it is a sort of comfort thing...

she edges toward the crashed ship cautiosly keeping an eye out for anything....

Unread 17 Jul 2002, 23:35   #367
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

"Understood sir." the Gunner replies, and conintues firing. Another Ballisa goes down, and the last one dies a moment later as a blast of laser cannon fire from behind you appears. "That blast came from another ship that has powered up and is moving to join us." the sensor operator replied, and then said. "The enemy forces are retreating, sir."

James

"Yes, sir!" your Gunner responds, powering up the ship's weapons system. "Torpedoes are unlikely to be effective in Earth's gravity well, and there is a danger we could catch our own troops in the blast . . ." your Gunner adds a moment later, firing the first round of laser cannon fire at a Majestic Ballisa. Surprisingly enough, the shot hits, vaporising a good portion of it. "Sir, the enemy is retreating!" your sensor operator suddenly reports, and sure enough the remainning enemy WAVEs and vehicles began to pull back away from the spaceport.

Hudre

The Viper opens fire a split second after you do, its machine gun spewing bullets that tear a jagged line of bullet holes along your upper torso and right shoulder. This causes your shot to go wild slighty, hitting the Viper's right side and shoulder, throwing its right arm back with the force. A second later a missile slams into the Viper's right shoulder, causing the massive war machine to tip over and fall onto its back. "I only have four missiles now, but I figure if I'm going down, might as well make sure I use all my ammo." John comments. While the Viper gets back onto its feet, you fire again, this time pelting its left side with shotgun pellets. On your monitor, the Viper's armor indicator changes to show its torso a muddy yellow, and both of its arms in bright yellow.

Lady Hawk

/ooc *psst* Melissa is a WAVE Rider. ooc/

"We've got your back." Nick replies.

As you approach the gunship, you can make out a few more details. An image of a rose has been painted on the side of the gunship, but most of it has been blacked. The only real part of the rose you can clearly make out is an enlarged thorn, a drop of blood hanging from the tip. It is at this point that you remember that Candice's callsign was "Blood Rose". When you are about ten feet away from the gunship you are able to see a figure in the ****pit, sitting very still.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 18 Jul 2002, 00:57   #368
Immortal Squish

/ooc Do these powered armor helmets come with alternate imaging modes (thermographics, infrared, etc.)? ooc/

Replying to Nicholas' question, "The senators or Captain Sinclair would be my guess. Not much else to find here anyway, let's check in on the senators."

As they leave, Squish thanks the Corporal for his time and comm links to Captain Sinclair. "Captain, we've searched the room the Major was assassinated in. These guys did a good job cleaning up, however we know they have some method of moving without being seen, perhaps a cloaking system of some kind. We're moving to the senator holding area. Stay safe Captain, you remain a top target of these guys."
Unread 18 Jul 2002, 18:04   #369
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre looks at his armour readings.Hudre runs towards the Viper, hoping it can't get it's gun ready in time. As he runs he looks at his angles and runs so that if the other enemies fire at him, they have a high chance of hitting the Viper. Hudre then fires at it's arms, hoping to disable them. When he reaches melee range, Hudre grabs the sword, and in the same motion slashes at it.

Unread 18 Jul 2002, 18:10   #370
David91

"Oh well now I'm losing my voice." says David to the world in general.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 06:00   #371
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

/ooc Whoops, sorry for not answering your question sooner. :/
In any case, yes your helmet does have several alternative methods of imaging. The two most commonly used are thermal, (obviously) allowing you to pick up heat signatures, and magnetic, which allow you to pick up large bodies of metal (like powered-down WAVEs). ooc/

You hear Captain Sinclair give a bitter laugh. "I doubt that it will matter in a short while, the battle is not going well, and I am heading to the vehicle bay to send my WAVE into combat. Happy hunting."

It takes you only a few minutes to reach the actual "Meeting Chamber" of the Senate, where most of the senators were currently staying under heavy guard. Oddly enough, there are no guards in sight when you arrive.

Hudre

Your opponent manages to get to his feet just before you fire again, this time causing its right arm to turn a bright orange. Sparing a quick glance at your own armor displays, you see that your torso has become a "buttercup" yellow, indicating moderate damage. The enemy Viper also has been equipped with a sword, and the pilot suddenly swings his left arm up to intercept your blow. Your two swords meet with a loud clang, and an impact that actually causes your ****pit to shutter a little. Your WAVE's arms are made of various metalic alloys, and do not bend under the impact but it seems likely that if two humans had crossed swords with similar force, one or both combatants would now be nursing broken arms. Suddenly, your opponent unlocks your swords with a twist, and ripostes with a thrust to your torso area . . .

David91

"Jen better hurry up. I don't trust this place . . . we should get out of here ASAP." Vincent mummers to you. Both you and Vincent are patroling the northern part of the street, stearing clear of the downed gunship and the seemingly tiny person walking towards it (LH). You then look down at your sensor board as it "pings" indicating a weak sensor contact to the West, as the far range of your scanners.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 06:31   #372
Immortal Squish

/ooc No problem ooc/

Squish activates his thermal imaging, and signals back to Nicolas and Warren to quitely approach the area.

Stealthily they enter the "Meeting room," Squish taking the point position and scanning the room as he enters.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 06:41   #373

"Don't let them get away! All ahead full, target their remiaing WAVEs and tanks with all weapons. Prepare to fire torpedoes once they're out of estimated friendly fire range." James said.

The Archipelago lurched foreward, opening fire on the fleeing Majestic forces.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 13:54   #374
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

As the ****pits shutters, through the com-link people can hear various curses. As the Viper goes for his torso, Hudre quickly operates the leg control. Hudre's WAVE goes on it's right foot, and then Hudre swings the arms around, causing the entire WAVE to swing. At the 180 point Hudre crashes the left leg down stopping the WAVE, but he is now at the left side of the Viper. Hudre slashes the sword towards the Vipers shoulder area.

Unread 19 Jul 2002, 13:56   #375
David91

ooc: What exactly did that last bit mean?
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 18:01   #376
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Immortal

Upon entering the Chamber you see a scene straight from a horror film. The senators all appear to be unharmed, but they are all looking pale and extremely frightened. A few seconds later you see what is frightening them so much: the bloody bodies of their guards. The soldiers are scattered about the Chamber, and the room is filled with bullet holes as testament to the fury of the battle. There are still five guards left, but as you watch two "black-clad figures" hack them to bits, appearing for a moment to slash at one guard, then disappear, only to reappear a moment later behind another guard as they all rush to help the first victim. When they disappear, you cannot detect them, even with your thermal vision. Thinking perhaps they were robots, Nicholas switched his helmet to magnetic, only to give a grunt of disgust. "Nothing . . . they don't show up on thermal or magnetic scanners!" By this point all the guards are dead, and the two black-clad figures turn towards you and the two police officers, their swords dripping blood. They then disappear, and you know that the two of them are heading toward you, even if you can't see them. "Nicholas and I will handle one, you get the other." you hear Warren say, and then the two police officers move away from you.

James

"Aye aye, sir!" your Helmsman answers, and your ship shoots forward after the retreating Majestic forces. The enemy is retreating quickly, and your laser cannons pick off only a damaged Banshee. Your gunner reports that the torpedo is ready to fire, but then . . . "Sir, we've left cover of the spaceport's defenses!! Gunships closing!! They're firing!!" Your ship rocks violently as the first wave of missiles impacts against your ship.
"Orders sir!?"

Hudre

Your opponent seems to have some skill at close combat, as he does manage to block your blow after his thrust misses, but only barely. The impact also knocks him back into a building, creating a WAVE shaped depression in the wall. You also notice that he is just within the minimum range of your shotgun now. . .

David91

/ooc It means that you've picked up something coming this way, and you should investigate it. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 19:13   #377
David91

"You got that on your sensors too, you guys?"
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 19:28   #378
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

"Yes, I'm picking something up on my sensors as well." Vincent replies. "Nope, nothing over here." you hear Nick call (which is because he's too far away to pick it up).
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 19:54   #379

"Pull us back within the safe zone! Fire PDLs at the gunships, and primaries at the WAVEs while we're still in decent range. I want us to BACK OFF!" James yells as missiles rain down.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 20:14   #380
David91

"Who's gonna check it out?"
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 20:14   #381
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

James

"Aye sir!" your Helsman replies, a note of panic creeping into his voice. Your ship begins to make a wide turn, and flees back into the safety of the Spaceport's defenses. Your Gunner manages to shoot down one of the enemy gunships, but for the most part the Majestic craft are more than happy to sit back and lob missiles as your ship. Fortunately, your Gunner is able to shoot down a good part of them, and only the second salvo does any real damage, besides the damage your ship incurred from the first salvo of missiles. "We're back inside the Spaceport's defenses. Enemy gunships breaking off." your sensor operator reports, and everyone breathes a collective sign of relief.

David91

"How about we investigate, since we're closer?" Vincent suggests.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 22:12   #382
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk

/ooc *psst* Melissa is a WAVE Rider. ooc/

"We've got your back." Nick replies.

As you approach the gunship, you can make out a few more details. An image of a rose has been painted on the side of the gunship, but most of it has been blacked. The only real part of the rose you can clearly make out is an enlarged thorn, a drop of blood hanging from the tip. It is at this point that you remember that Candice's callsign was "Blood Rose". When you are about ten feet away from the gunship you are able to see a figure in the ****pit, sitting very still.

OOPS

Jen looks around....she feels somehow Naked without the WAVE, but the job must be done

on the radio

Nick, I can call you Nick cant I.....& Melissa let me know if you get a contact...i will try to keep this brief

Jen then quickly moves to the lone figure in the ****pit. she will look to see if there is any movement, whilst looking for any way to open the ****pit

Nick....looks like we may have a casulaty here......

she trys figure if the pilot is alive or not........

Unread 19 Jul 2002, 22:37   #383
David91

"Fine by me - ooooh my bad back."

*David flicks a few switches to see if he can get any details on the object and starts up his WAVE to move with Vincent.*
Unread 19 Jul 2002, 23:50   #384
Immortal Squish

Squish looks to the officers with him and nods, then turns back to where the assassins disappeared. Closing his eyes, he listens for any signs of the assassins approach (breathing, footsteps, etc) and prepares to strike.
Unread 20 Jul 2002, 15:58   #385
No Dachi

No Dachi beams at his bridge crew in their various positions in the room.

"Excellent work!"

He stands up again.

"Break off our attack, I have no wish to fire at the backs of a retreating enemy. Comms, contact Spaceport Control and put me on the channel."

No Dachi waits untill the channel is open.

"Greetings Control, this is Captain No Dachi. I have routed the Majestic forces in this area. Requesting further orders."

Unread 20 Jul 2002, 18:20   #386
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre grabs the control stick, wrenching it upwards. Hudre watches on his screen as the aimer goes over the other WAVE's chest and fires. Hudre fires again, the recoil making his aim go wavy but fires 2 more shots.

Unread 21 Jul 2002, 06:28   #387
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Lady Hawk

"Understood. We'll be watching your back." Nick replied. You then approach the ****pit. You can now see through the canopy glass, and get a more detailed look at the pilot, or at least, what's left. You see that it is indeed your friend Candice, and she looks horrible. In addition to various minor cuts on her face, a vicious gash runs from her hairline to the middle of her left cheek, undoubtably the result of slamming her head against the control console. Her eyes are closed, and dried blood has formed maroon lines under her nose and at the corners of her mouth. Looking further down you see that her right hand is resting peacefully in her lap, but her left arm hangs up. Just about the wrist, Candice's left arm lies at a wrong angle, clearly showing that it is broken, probably when she attempted to prevent her head from dashing itself against the control board. You also notice, however, that her chest is raising and falling. A moment later, her eyes snap open to focus on you, despite the pain clouding them. She opens her mouth to say something, but you can't hear her through the canopy. Attempting to open the ****pit up, you find that the crash has jammed the locking mechanism, freezing the ****pit shut. You will have to figure out a way to break the canopy glass, or unjam the locking mechanism to get to your friend.

David91

You get closer to the sensor contacts, and within seconds your computer has identified it as some sort of scout vehicle. However, this vehicle has some stealth capabilities, as your sensors can barely pick it up. As you get closer, it moves away, and you catch a glimpse of it rounding a street corner far ahead. "Do you want to know what I think that means?" Vincent asks you, and then continues on before you can answer. "It means that scout is going to go report to someone, and within the next five minutes we're going to be in deep sh*t."

Immortal

Your only warning is when a senator near to you is send sprawling as something slams into him. An instant later, you see the air in front of you part, and the black-clad figure is standing right in front of you. You are able to get a glimpse of him/her/it, and can see that the "black-clad figure" is wearing black armor of a type. That is all you are able to glimpse before a sword suddenly appears, cutting at your face.

No Dachi

"Yeah, um . . . that's great. Please return to your hangar for now, we're experiencing some technical difficulties." In the background you can hear several people sobbing.

Hudre

You manage to get off one shot before the Viper's pilot recovers and sweeps in with a slash, forcing you to shift all of your attention to blocking with your own sword, or die. However, your shot does significant damage: the right arm of the Viper shoots off a series of sparks, and then hangs useless, still sparking as the machine gun it was holding falls to the street. Sparing a glance at the monitor, you also notice that its chest and left arm armor are now bright orange; one or two more hits with your sword or shotgun should finish it.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 21 Jul 2002, 10:11   #388
David91

"After it!"

*David powers his WAVE up to full speed and gets it running to the location of the vehicle.*
Unread 21 Jul 2002, 11:51   #389
No Dachi

"God dammit, coms, close the channel and lock them out, then contact the remaining commonwealth forces in this area on an open com channel."

Coms: Aye sir.

"Sensors find me the nearest cluster of Majestic forces, then get me a damage report on the ship."

Sensors: Aye sir.

Coms: Sir, open frequency channel ready.

"Put me on."

Coms: Done sir.

"Attention all Commonwealth forces, this is Captain No Dachi of the merchant vessel Gunboat Diplomat ((man I love that name...)). I request data on your remaining strength, firepower and combat ability asap. Over and out."

Unread 21 Jul 2002, 14:39   #390
Immortal Squish

Squish attempts to duck the slashing blade, grab the assassin's sword arm with his left hand as it passes over him, and deliver a backhand to the assassins face with his right powerfist.
Unread 21 Jul 2002, 15:27   #391
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

You charge after the scout vehicle, and as you turn the corner that you saw it take, you can see it up ahead. It is just barely in range of your pistol, but you can see it beginning to turn a corner, you must shoot at it now and risk missing (which has a good chance of happening), or letting the vehilce go.

No Dachi

"This is Sergeant Leyolds. I'm in charge of all Spaceport defenses now. We've been shot up pretty bad, and its likely that without your help we'd all be dead by now. Those Majestic b*stards will be back, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to hold them back anymore. I'll take to Spaceport Command and see if I can get authorization to let everyone that can take off.

Immortal

You manage to duck the blade by a few centimeters, and you can hear a musical schwing as the sword cuts into the air where your head used to be. You manage to grab ahold of the assassin's wrist, and throw a punch at his head with your other hand. The assassin was obivously well trained, as he managed to twist his head so that your blow glanced off his helmet, causing no damage. He then retaliated, a open palm to your throat that leaves you gasping despite your powered armor. He then ripped his arm out of your graps, and in an eyeblink has disappeared. Memories of what you saw upon entering the Chamber flash through your mind. They like to attack from behind . . .
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 21 Jul 2002, 15:41   #392
No Dachi

"Recieved. We'll keep monitering the area with our sensors and alert you if any more Majestic troops arrive. Out."

Coms: Channel closed.

"Sensors, scan the entire area and put the results onscreen."

Unread 21 Jul 2002, 17:38   #393
David91

*David fires a volley of shots from his pistol, hoping one of them will do something.*
Unread 21 Jul 2002, 18:29   #394
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre's WAVE's sword flies to the side to deflect the blast. Hudre, seeing how his opponent has no range combat, backpeddles back,until he can get a good shot with the shotgun.

Unread 22 Jul 2002, 06:35   #395
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

No Dachi

"The surviving Majestic units have retreated back to the city streets, just at the edge of our sensors. They seem to be content to just sit there for now, as if they're waiting for something . . ." the replacement sensor operator reports, your original one still off of the bridge, presumably in her quarters or the medical bay.

David91

Amazingly enough, one of your shots does manage to hit, caving in the scout vehicle's right side and causing it to roll to a stop. "Nice shot." Vincent comments as he moves to stand beside you. "Come on, let's hurry back to the others . . . that scout undoubtably reported its status, and Majestic units are on the way."

Hudre

The enemy pilot seems to understand that allowing you to move beyond the minimum range of your shotgun = death, and pursues you relentlessly. You manage to stay just outside of sword range, and thus the situation remains a stalemate until the Viper's left foot impacts a parked car, causing the machine to stumble. Those few critical seconds allow you to reach the minimum range for your shotgun . . . and the Viper is directly in the center of your sights.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 14:18   #396
No Dachi

No Dachi looks half perplexed, half worried at this developement.

"Coms, get me that Commonwealth seargent again."

Coms: Channel to Commonwealth seargent open sir.

"Seargent Leynolds? This is Captain No Dachi again, our sensors have picked up the Majestic forces in a holding position near the edge of the city, looks like they're waiting for something to happen. I suggest you stand ready, we'll keep you updated on any new information we find."

Unread 22 Jul 2002, 15:56   #397
David91

"Bad for the bones, this is." complains David, on their way back towards the group.
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 16:00   #398
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
With three missiles screaming towards the Gunship.....Mike take evasive action fast.......Jinking the gunship in erratic movements trying to make the missiles burn as much fuel as possible.....and also trying to use the speed of the missile against them and have them smash into a building.....Mike and myself are now controlling the gunship with the dual controls...making the Gunship pass very close to the rooftops tops of buildings and pulling up at the last second.....before if we continued on would impact with the building.....also then diving towards the ground and trying to get the missiles to slam into the ground since as last time showed counter measures are useless....
Unread 22 Jul 2002, 18:02   #399
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk

"Understood. We'll be watching your back." Nick replied. You then approach the ****pit. You can now see through the canopy glass, and get a more detailed look at the pilot, or at least, what's left. You see that it is indeed your friend Candice, and she looks horrible. In addition to various minor cuts on her face, a vicious gash runs from her hairline to the middle of her left cheek, undoubtably the result of slamming her head against the control console. Her eyes are closed, and dried blood has formed maroon lines under her nose and at the corners of her mouth. Looking further down you see that her right hand is resting peacefully in her lap, but her left arm hangs up. Just about the wrist, Candice's left arm lies at a wrong angle, clearly showing that it is broken, probably when she attempted to prevent her head from dashing itself against the control board. You also notice, however, that her chest is raising and falling. A moment later, her eyes snap open to focus on you, despite the pain clouding them. She opens her mouth to say something, but you can't hear her through the canopy. Attempting to open the ****pit up, you find that the crash has jammed the locking mechanism, freezing the ****pit shut. You will have to figure out a way to break the canopy glass, or unjam the locking mechanism to get to your friend.

-----------------------------------------

b****r thinks Jenn, she looks around at the rubble looking for someway to prise open the ****pit.

Seeing nothing to help. she decides to ask fior help

OI nick can you get this ****pit open, its my friend candice she is in a bad way and we need to get her out of this pile of scrap metal so she can recieve aid.

Whilst nick is helping

Melissa can you keep an eye out for any nasties please?

with that Jenn signals to Candice that all is going to be ok

Unread 22 Jul 2002, 18:14   #400
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre screams in triumph as he watches the shotgun's nozzle flare, and the bullets fly. Hudre laughs and fires again. Backing up to the rest of his allied WAVE's, he looks to see what has happened with the other enemies.