User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jul 2002, 21:58   #301
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
/me points in the general direction of the away thread

(well, I have to post this, because otherwise Inspectre would flood my PM inbox to hell.. and he would again be stuck with his main problem, forgetting to delete sent messages )
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 07:24   #302
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Crazyboy

It is a different group of techs who repair your ship this time, but they still seem to do a fairly good job. However, ammo is even scarcer that normal, so that you are loaded up with only 10 rockets per pod (20 total). "Well, shall we go see what this Sinclair guy has to say?" Ralph asks, and when you look over you can see him struggling out of his restraint harness.

No Dachi

The woman gratefully nods, and then dashes out the door of the bridge. Another crewman moves to take her place for the moment, and another minutes passes before he says, "Sir, if we're going to fire, it might be best if we do it now. The defense line is crumbling, and the Majestic forces are closing for the kill.

Fluffie

Bah. :P Now I'm going to have to RP for your character too, or kill him off. Hmmm....if I kill you off, I wouldn't have to be bothered with RPing for you while you're gone, but if you're dead I can't make you suffer anymore either. Decisions decisions. :P
Have a good vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 08:44   #303
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Lady Hawk

/ooc No problem. Welcome back. ooc/

(The first Banshee was disposed of, David91 and his friend, Vincent, have arrived to assist.)

You fire on the leading Banshee, striking it in the right shoulder and causing it to take a step backward to steady itself. On your monitor you can see that the WAVE's right arm has changed to a bright yellow. "I'm fine." Melissa replies. "Oh yeah, I'm doing just greatly over here. What fun." Nick sarcastically replies, twisting his WAVE around to narrowly dodge a rifle shot.

Lady Hawk AND David91
Meanwhile, the now reunited police WAVEs continue to fall back, and eventually the Majestic forces break off pursuit. "Hmm...that's strange. Why did they break off like that?" Melissa asked, but clearly no one had the answer.
"Well, I guess this means we can fall back to the Senate afterall." Vincent says as the group trudges back to the Senate.
Nearing the Senate building, you recieve a communication. "This is Captain Sinclair. I have taken command now that Major Clark was assassined by black-clad figures. We have a repair area set up on the East parking lot, please report there if your vehicles are damaged. When you're ready, report to the lobby of the Senate.

Jenn laughs at the sarcasm in Pvt Andrews Voice and then she gives him the thumbs up

Guess we had better head back then...

Gunning the WAVE round she uses the nav comp to plot the best route to the repair area

After a thought jenn gets on the radio to Melissa

Melissa...*ahem* sorry to interupt/disturb you but i had a friend (sorry cannot remember her name ) she was a gunship pilot like you....do you know if she survived...have you seen her....there has been no answer on the radio in all this confusion

Jenn will assist Pvt andrews to get his WAVE back in some form of one piece

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 10:52   #304
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
FluffieBah. :P Now I'm going to have to RP for your character too, or kill him off. Hmmm....if I kill you off, I wouldn't have to be bothered with RPing for you while you're gone, but if you're dead I can't make you suffer anymore either. Decisions decisions. :P
Have a good vacation.
tee hee hee

less than 24 hours till i have begin the trip to france...

*twitches*

*looks at I-dude*

*shakes*

*leaps at Inspectre and holds on to his leg*

don't make me go
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 11:32   #305
Immortal Squish

*Senate: Powered Infantry briefing area*

A young, dark haired man makes his way through the crowded room. A bit shorter than most of the other powered infantrymen, a number of the others smile and nod in recognition as they make way for him. A voice or two call out "Squish!" amidst a bit of laughter and the man manages a mock angry glare before laughing a bit himself.

Following the line of other newly arriving soldiers, he is lead to a desk at the back of the room. Diligently typing away behind the desk sits an older infantryman playing the part of receptionist. Atop the desk is a card reader and a barely ledgible, handwritten sign reading, "Swipe your ID and have a seat."

He pulls out his ID card and swipes it through the card reader. Seeing the reflection of his profile on the old infantryman's glasses, he leans over the desk to get a look at his file...

Quote:
Lt. Jin "Squish" Saotome
Powered Infantry Division

Weight: 75 kg
Suit Model: Mark IVa
Suit Serial#: XE4339A

Weapon loadout:
- 2 x Mk I Power Fists
- HE Grenades

History (Brief):
Perhaps having watched too many martial arts movies, Jin envisions himself as Bruce Lee in powered armor. His skill in unarmed combat is a sight to behold, but his inability to back away from a challenge tends to get him in over his head. Jin received his nickname of Squish after his near-successful attempt to defeat a WAVE in hand to hand combat put him in intesive care for a month. <View Video>

After Jin recovered, he procured a few dozen High Explosive grenades from supply for "Round 2"...
Squish heads over to a group of squadmates and sits down, awaiting their orders...
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 16:18   #306
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David fires some random last minute shots and goes quickly towards the Senate building.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2002, 17:23   #307
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi considers this before nodding slowly.

"Very well. Put weapons to full power and fire all guns at the Majestic lines, then fire a second salvo, then increase engines to full power and take off, start circling the Majestic forces and fire down on them."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 11:07   #308
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
After dropping Corporal Sinclair off......I move the Gunship over to the reapir bay in the East parking lot......and with Mike go to the briefing room.

As i walk away from the Gunship with Mike......i turn and say "You had better take care of this bird or it is you i will be after...if anything is out of place, she has saved me many times" then turn and walk away...on walking away you hear on of the Groundcrew mutter "pilots cant figure em out, they actually treat there craft like they are alive"

On hearing this i mutter to Mike......"They just dont understand do they...now lets get to the meeting"
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 16:07   #309
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Everyone except No Dachi

As you walk into the lobby you see that it has been turned into a briefing room of sorts. Rows upon rows of metal folding chairs sit in the center of the immense lobby, and already many are being filled. It seems that this will involve all surviving powered infantry, WAVE pilots, and gunship pilots. After everyone has found a seat, Captain Sinclair walks over to a projection screen that had been set up in front of all the chairs.
"Good afternoon. You are all that's left of the NYPD, and the Commonwealth Defense Force. From what we can tell, all other resistance has been crushed, except at the New York Spaceport. We believe that the reason for this is that Majestic wants the Senate building and the Spaceport intact, so they have not yet bombarded these locations from orbit. Regardless, Privte Sinclair stumbled onto an enemy base, and was able to find their comm frequency. It seems that they realized he was monitoring their communications and changed frequencies, but not before he heard several encrypted comments. Since there are only two targets left, we can assume that Majestic forces are gathering for a strike on either us, the Spaceport, or both. In preparation for this, I am ordering all WAVEs and gunships to procede to 10th Street, their most likely path of attack, and hold it at all costs. The powered infantry will remain behind to serve as a last line of defense for the senators. I will not sugar coat this for you. The two people sitting beside you will probably be dead by the time the sun sets today, and you yourself will be a prisoner of war. But I can also tell you something else. I will not surrender, I will not give up, because if I do it means some corporate b*stard is going to wipe out the greatest government the human race has ever seen. Let's go out there, and make them reconsider doing just that. Good luck, and happy hunting. Dismissed!"

No Dachi

The Helmsman begins typing in orders, and then looks up. "You do realize sir, that by circling the Majestic forces we will be leaving the cover of the Spaceport's air defenses.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 16:11   #310
David91

*David jogs back to his WAVE and climbs in, he does all the usual stuff to start it up and heads towards 10th Street.*
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 17:08   #311
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy walks back to his gunship and straps himself back in and starts it up*

"Lets show those bastads some hell Ralph"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 17:28   #312
No Dachi

"Is there any way we can hover off the ground but still keep in range of the port's air defences?"

Unread 13 Jul 2002, 23:12   #313
Immortal Squish

"Last line of defence? Whatever... I guess we'll all get to see more than enough action anyway."

Squish tells his infantry buddies that he'll meet up with them outside. He then leaves to find an empty office to focus himself and meditate in for a few minutes.

On his way out of the Briefing room, Squish makes it a point to speak with Capt Sinclair concerning these "black clad figures" that have been running loose in the building, specifically if anyone's been assigned to hunt them down.
Unread 13 Jul 2002, 23:39   #314
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

"Last act of defiance . . . funny. I always thought that I would die in battle, despite the fact that I came out of the Wars of 2030 without a scratch." Vincent marvels as he powers up his WAVE to follow.

Crazyboy

"Oh h*ll yeah! And let's be sure to send more than our fair share of those b*stards to h*ll."

No Dachi

The helmsman checks, and then nods. "Yes, that is possible. However, we will have to be very close to the ground to do so, to avoid activating the air defenses."

Immortal

You soon find Captain Sinclair talking to a Defense Force lieutenant. Before you can approach to speak with him, however, you hear a voice behind you. "Hey, if it isn't my little buddy Squishy. Take down any WAVEs today?" The voice is of your "friend", Toby Long. He is one of your closest friends, and really a nice guy, but he does seem to have an annoying obsession with your near fatal duel with a WAVE . . . and determined never to let you forget about it.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 00:47   #315
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
"Well Mike looks like this is it.....do or die.......time go and saddle up and bag us a few more bad guys......"
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 01:13   #316
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy lifts the gunship off from its landing zone and heads out with Ralph and the rest of the defence force to the designated intercept zone*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 01:18   #317
Immortal Squish

"Hey Toby, ya know, that gets funnier every time I hear it. Almost..." Smiling, Squish gives Toby a light punch in the chest.

"Anyway, have you heard if there's anything being done about those black clad assassins? They already took out the Major and I doubt they're going to call it day quite yet..." While talking, Squish moves their conversation closer to Capt Sinclair as to gain his attention once he's done with the Defense Force Officer.
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 04:11   #318

OOC: Time to hop in and wreak havoc!

Name: James Hunter
Type: Starship Captain
Ship: Archipelago
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 09:40   #319
David91

"This sucks, why does the whole of humanity have to be in a conflict?"
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 11:33   #320
No Dachi

No Dachi nods.

"Do whatever it takes."

He then stands up from his seat, looking through the Bridge's view window at the advancing Majestic forces.

"Gunners! Take aim!"

Unread 14 Jul 2002, 16:24   #321
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Jenn looks around in the makeshift breifing room and reflects on those she may not see again

"how could majestic do this...why and what for...what does it prove....all this slaughter just for ....What?????"

with these thoughts Jenn makes her way to the WAVE that has just been repaired

on her way she gets her thermos and fills it with hot coffee emptying the nearest jug from one of the offices that has just been vacated. she also empties the sugar bowl and milk jug as well

grinning now that she has her coffee she makes her way to the canteen area and gets two choccie bars from the vending machine.

then she makes her way to her WAVE. she restocks on ammo and then climbs into the ****pit and begins to do the system checks.

Once complete she uses the nav comp to plot the best route to 10th street...

Unread 14 Jul 2002, 19:16   #322
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Terra

"Yeah. Time to bag a couple before we . . . we . . . ummm . . ." Mike fumbles around for a few moments, and then he just forces the word out. "die."

You approach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. You are flying with the rest of the police gunships in a double squadron formation, only twenty police gunships have survived. For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks." Several minutes pass as the lieutenant's orders are obeyed, and finally everyone is in position. There is another minute or two of tense waiting, and then . . . "Here they come!" someone shouts, and the Western quadrant of your sensor display turns into an almost solid red line of enemy contacts. "Oooohhh sh*t!" you hear a gunship pilot yell as squadron after squadron of Majestic gunships slash in to engage you and the other Commonwealth forces. You hear the missile lock screech, and see that three missiles are heading directly for you.

Crazyboy

You soon arrive at 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. You are flying with the rest of the police gunships in a double squadron formation, only twenty police gunships have survived. For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks." Several minutes pass as the lieutenant's orders are obeyed, and finally everyone is in position. There is another minute or two of tense waiting, and then . . . "Here they come!" someone shouts, and the Western quadrant of your sensor display turns into an almost solid red line of enemy contacts. "Oooohhh sh*t!" you hear Ralph yell as squadron after squadron of Majestic gunships slash in to engage you and the other Commonwealth forces. Three gunships head directly toward you, guns and rocket racks blazing.

Immortal

Toby shrugs. "I dunno . . . I'd assume they've got some people working on it."

"Yes private, what is it?" Captain Sinclair asks as he turns to face you.

James

/ooc Character is fine. ooc/

You are asleep in your bunk on Archipelago when you are awaken by a loud banging on your door. "Cap'n!! There's trouble!"

Note: Your ship is currently docked in a hangar at the New York Spaceport.

David91

"It's been twenty-five years since the last major war, but its the same thing all over again. It's always the same thing: greed. Some stuipd b*stards just can't get enough, they want it all. Then they go and do something stupid to start a war, and make trouble for all of us old fellas that were just minded our own buisiness!" Vicent suddenly breaks down into a coughing fit, but he eventually regains control of himself. "Sorry, got carried away there a bit."

You approach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. Your WAVE is with the rest of the police survivors (that is you, LH, Nick, Vicent, Melissa, and a couple other NPCs). For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks."

A few moments later, you recieve a transmission from Nick's Shogun. "Melissa and I are going to help cover 9th street. You two want to tag along?"

No Dachi

The Helmsman taps in the remainning commands, and the old destroyer comes to full power and lifts off the ground to hover a few feet up in the air. "Guns will be fully charged in ten secords. Targets locked. Open fire sir?" your gunner asks you with a feral grin.

Lady Hawk

You approach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. Your WAVE is with the rest of the police survivors (that is you, David91, Nick, Vicent, Melissa, and a couple other NPCs). For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks."

A few moments later, you recieve the following transmission from Nick's Shogun. "Hi Jen. Melissa and I are moving to help guard 9th street. Want to come along?"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 19:41   #323
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Heh i see this thread is so fast and Dm'ed all the time, great stuff!

Name:Hudre
Type:WAVE Pilot
Weapons:Shotgun and Lazer Sword.

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 21:15   #324
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"EVERYONE PULL UP!"

*Crazy yanks on the thrusters taking his gunship up as fast as it will go, while firing wildy at the Majestic gunships with his gatling gun*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 14 Jul 2002, 23:03   #325

OOC: My character is... What? A merc, or a Commonwealth captain?

IC:

Rolling out of bed and slipping on his shirt and pants, James walks out of his room and turns to the man who had woke him up.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Majestic Corporation forces are attacking Earth!"
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 01:06   #326
Immortal Squish

Turning to face Captain Sinclair, Squish gives a quick salute. "Captain, I was wanting to assist in finding those assassins that killed the Major. They're surely planning to cause more havoc, and one more man hunting these assassins will make more of a difference than another on the lines outside. After all, sir, you're most likely next on their list of targets."
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 06:23   #327
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Hudre

/ooc Character is fine, except for one small detail: there are no laser swords available at this time, as the Commonwealth does not have the technology to make them. Sorry. For now, I will have your WAVE equipped with a regular sword, although you may change that to any of the following weapons: knife, sword, axe, hammer, fist, pneumatic spike. ooc/

You are one of the few survivors of the Manhatten Commonwealth Defense Force base. You were originally in the reserves, but were activated a mere half hour after the Majestic attack on Earth began. You and several others were equipped with mothballed WAVEs and sent out on patrol. Shortly thereafter, the Manhatten base was destroyed. And now you are on your way to fight in what will probably be your last battle. "Man, this sucks." says John Simmons, a fellow WAVE Rider (pilot) as he moves his weathered Shogun alongside your equally weathered Kenji. He was one of the few reservists that survived with you, and is probably the closest thing to a friend you have on this planet. "When I signed up for the reserves, I thought 'h*ck, sign away a couple days every month, retire in a couple years and collect a modest pension.' Never thought I'd be in the fight of my life."

Crazyboy

Your quick thinking enables you to avoid most of the rockets, save one which slams into the underside of your gunship, throwing you against your restrainning harness hard. Your shots do little damage to any particular enemy, rather causing the three gunship indicators to turn a lime green in the front quadrant. Then, you are past the enemy gunships, and several begin to turn to chase after you. The police double squadron scatters like threashed grain in a whirlwind, each gunship invovled in a desperate battle against at least two opponents.

James

/ooc Civilian. You can be either a good little busniessman, or a smuggler. ooc/

You open the door to see your communications officer. He is visibly sweating, and seems quite shaken (a usual condition for him).
"And not only that, sir! Majestic forces have launched an attack on the spaceport!! Our defensive lines are crumbling!!"

Immortal

"Actually, I am more worried about the senators. You are, however, quite right. I was already intending on giving the assignment to a pair of police officers, but I suppose in this case three wouldn't be a crowd. Ah, here he comes now." You turn to see two men in police uniforms walking toward you, the one in front dwarfed by the massive mountain of muscle walking just behind him.

/ooc This is Fluffie's character (the one in front), which I'll be RPing for while he is away on vacation. This is so he isn't lost to the storyline for when he comes back. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 06:59   #328

OOC: A member of a corporation that opposes Majestic, and supports the Commonwealth. Operates barely inside the law, and happens to carry more weapons than is usually considered legal for civilians, but is ignored with a wink and a grin due to the economic support that his corporation provides to the Commonwealth's military. Happens to own a very nice and shiny new warship, a Light Tactical Destroyer...

IC:

"Attacking the spaceport, eh? Access the Commonwealth's local military channels. You know we have them..." Hunter ordered.

"Yes sir. Channels open." The pale, sweaty comm officer reports.

Amidst the chatter, James amplifed his voice, and called out clearly: "This is Captain James Hunter of the Jollec Corporation Fleet starship Archipelago, we are powering up to take part in the defense of the spaceport. Please do not fire on us, we are being tagged as friendlies, over."

"Comm off." the Communications officer reports.

"Bring up the main reactors, energize defenseive shields, and bring up all weapons. Prepare the Primaries for firing, and warm up the engines. I want us in the air in less than a minute, and ready to support the Commonwealth forces." James said. taking a seat in his command chair.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 14:41   #329
Immortal Squish

Squish greets the two policemen, offering a handshake to each. "My squadmates call me Squish. I hear you policemen have been giving it to those Majestic *******s out there."

"Seems that we'll be hunting down these assassins together. What information do we have so far? Any ideas on where these guys might be hiding, or their next target?" Squish continues the conversation, trying to find how the Major was killed, if the assassins have been spotted elsewhere, and if there have been any disappearances/suspicious activity in the area following the Major's assassination.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 14:43   #330
No Dachi

No Dachi flings his arm forward, so that, outstretched, his index finger points at the oncoming Majestic forces.

"Fire all batteries!"

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 14:44   #331
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"All Gunships. Get into pairs. Help you wingman out!"

*Crazy spins his gunship around, hits his engines into full reverse and goes flying backwards. Crazy opens up with the gatling gun on the gunships chasing him*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 16:26   #332
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

James

/ooc No. No, you do not have a nice new shiny ship. No, Light Tactical Destroyers do not exist. And no, the Sol Commonwealth would not turn a blind eye on your activities. Think of your most naive and honest friend. That's the Commonwealth, which is why this war started. ooc/

You follow your communications officer up to the bridge, your boots ringing off the deck plates of your Dart-class gunboat. The Jollec Corpotation at one time designed and produced spaceships, although they have now moved on to different markets. The Dart-class gunboat was thier last design, and it was a good one. Armed with two laser cannons, a torpedo launchers, and six point defense turrets, the gunboat could outrun or outfight most of the other ships currently in use.

A few moments after your announcement, you recieve a communication from the Control Tower. "Negative, Captain Hunter. All ships are grounded until further notice. Repeat, all ships grounded. Power down your ship and wait for clearance."

Immortal

"We certainly did give it to them!" the human mountain rumbled, and admist his bone crushing handshake, you learned that his name was Nicholas. "We just got here, so we don't know much." the other police officer said, whose name was Gosh, Warren Gosh. At this point Captain Sinclair spoke up. "I . . . I was there, when the figures burst into the command center. It all happened so fast, I didn't get too good of a look at them, but they came out of nowhere. We had four guards outside the command center doors. Not one of them fired a shot, at least not until they came into the command center to see what was going on. Those guys remind me of Ninjas or something."

No Dachi

"Yes sir!" the gunner says, and then inputs the necessary commands. For a moment nothing happens, and then two large streaks of light shoot out from your ship toward the enemy lines. The first shot bores into an enemy Ballista, and there is a large fireball as all of its stored rocket ammunition detonates. The two shot slams into the ground that a group of enemy WAVEs were standing on. The laser superheated the rocks and soil in that area, causing them to explode upward and outward, flinging the three WAVEs to the ground. Your four forward point defense batteries also open up, concentrating their fire on an enemy Hornet tank. It is torn apart by the stuttering laser blasts, and the batteries sweep towards another target. "First round of firing complete. Do you want me to continue, sir?" the gunner asks.

Crazyboy

You and the two enemy gunships exchange shots for a few moments, and then the gunship of your right explodes as your rounds penetrate the rocket storage area. The left one gets torn apart a few moment after that, and a familiar police gunship tears through the debris cloud. "Yaaho! You did want me to save you butt again, didn't you?" Ralph asked. Looking at your armor indicator, you see that your front quadrant in a muddy yellow, and your starboard side is a bright orange, the result of a cannon shot that scraped along that side, peeling off armor as it
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 16:41   #333
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Shesh. Dont ya just love doing that boy! I blame it on my slow boat."

*Crazy swings his gunship back around, and gets in formatio with Ralph. They then go charging off together, up behind some Majestic gunships and both open fire. Crazy aims at the rocket storage section*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 16:45   #334

"Control Tower, believe me. You need my starship's support out there. Tag us as friendlies, and let us get into the air. Otherwise, we'll just have to blast our way out and see how much money Majestic is offering." James said, raising his voice towards the stubborn Control Tower technician.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 16:55   #335
No Dachi

No Dachi nods.

"Fire the second salvo, engines power up and prepare for low altitude hovering."

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 17:00   #336
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Hudre looks into the screen at John's WAVE, and sighs."Who ever thought we'd actually be used for combat. Except for those battle crazy 19 year olds whose parents won't let them join the army." Hudre goes over his sensors and stuff once more."We're going into a warzone John, and we're probably not coming out, so I suggest we kill as many as we can."

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 17:21   #337
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Crazyboy

"Well, the gunship does match the pilot . . . " Ralph taunted as you both dived down on a pair of Majestic gunships linning up for a strafing run. Your shots do not break through to the rocket storage area this time, and a few seconds after you being firing the two gunships seperate, heading in opposite directions. Your target's rear armor indicator is a bright crimson red, however.

James

The man laughs, and says, "Another one? Well, I don't really care what you after this. Majestic's going to be owning all of you in a little while. This spaceport can't hold, and those gunships up above would shoot you down if you tried to get out of here. Now just sit and wait!" The man then cuts the transmisson to the angered growls of your bridge crew. "Sir, picking up an unusual energy spike. It looks like a ship is coming up to full power on the Weastern side of the Spaceport." your sensor operator informs you.

No Dachi

The gunner nods, and another blast from the two laser cannons follows, striking down three Vipers and a Jaguar light tanks combined. You can now see a tide of black "ants" moving about the feet of the Majestic WAVEs: powered infantry. Your laser cannons have already killed twenty or so of them, but they are swarming the Commonwealth lines all the same. "Sir, request permission to switch the point defense turrets onto the enemy powered armor?" the gunner asks.
Your communication officers suddenly speaks up. "Incoming transmission from the Control Tower. Patching it through now."

"What the h*ll do you think you're doing, Merchant? Power down your ship now Captain, or I'll . . . I'll . . ."

Hudre

"Aye. Let's give it to them."

You reach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. Your WAVE is with the survivors of the Manhatten base, and a few other WAVEs mixed in for good measure. For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks."
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 17:25   #338
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy brakes off from Ralph and chases after his target, lining up with his gatling gun and firing*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 17:29   #339
No Dachi

"Or you'll what? Listen, if you want this section of the base overrun by Majestic goons then start firign at us by all accounts, but I intend to beat them off."

Without closing the channel, No Dachi barks out another order.

"Helm! Take us up, hover within the air defense grid's range but safely off the ground, gunners, aim for the WAVES, request to switch point defense to powered infantry approved."

No Dachi sits back in the chair, beginning to enjoy himself.

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 17:30   #340
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre opens his com-line."C'mon John, we might as well stick together."Hudre operates the control and his WAVE begins moving away to the east of 10th street

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 18:23   #341

"Open a channel to the ship that is powering up." James orders.

"Aye sir, channel open." the comm officer says.

"Excuse me, captain, but would you mind telling me how exactly they're letting you take off?" James asks.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 18:30   #342
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk

You approach 10th street, along with the rest of the Commonwealth forces. Your WAVE is with the rest of the police survivors (that is you, David91, Nick, Vicent, Melissa, and a couple other NPCs). For the moment, there are no enemy contacts within sensor range, and everyone relaxs slightly. You hear the following orders: "This is Lieutenant Wilson. Everyone spread out, we'll be too bunched together if we guard only 10th street. Move to cover the surronding two blocks."

A few moments later, you recieve the following transmission from Nick's Shogun. "Hi Jen. Melissa and I are moving to help guard 9th street. Want to come along?"

Jenn looks at the SHOGUN then at nick

giving the thumbs up she signals ok

ooc/ any chance of picking up a spare rifle and ammo for the WAVE??? /ooc

She then selects the best route to 9th street...

realising that Nick knows the way, she grins stupidly to no one and then pilots the WAVE afte Melissa and Nick

Wait for me......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 15 Jul 2002, 19:39   #343

Mercenary Delta is awoken in his ship by the insistent beeping of his Long-Range Comm unit. Struggling into consciousness, he slaps the button on the console and reads the message that scrolls across the screen.

MC HQ to Mercenary Delta
Mission 135B - Delta Authorisation Required
Please Input Security Clearance
Security Clearance Accepted. Mission Briefing Follows
-----------------------------------
Mercenary Delta, you are to eliminate the Flight Control Operator of New York Spaceport Control Tower 7. All Reasonable force has been authorised, but other casualties will not be tolerated.
-----------------------------------
Mission Briefing Ends.

Mercenary Delta clicks off the console and shakes his head. Obviously another hotshot pilot believing he can take on the big guns. He'd probably get cut to pieces as soon as he takes off. Releasing a sigh, Mercenary Delta opens the access ramp of his Assault Yacht, the Delta Storm. It made no odds to him what happened, as long as he got paid. Walking down the ramp, he clicks a button on the Slave controller and the ramp rises slowly into position behind him, finally locking in place as the security system is activated.
Mercenary Delta looks around to get his bearings, then spots Control Tower 7 about 100 metres away. Pulling out his Electrobinoculars, he zooms in on the tower to check inside. A lone figure is on duty inside the tower; obviously the Flight Control Operator designated as his target. He slips back into the shadows underneath his ship, then stalks along from ship to ship, moving deftly between the shadows, edging ever closer to the Control Tower.
His years of training serve him well, and within minutes he has reached the base of the tower. He quickly slips into the shadows behind the tower and pulls out his Modular Rifle. He activates the touchscreen and taps in some commands, the weapon morphing in his hands to a Harpoon gun. Pressing the touchscreen on his Modular Combat Weapon, he shifts it into a hand-held circular saw. he aims up at the control tower and fires the Harpoon Rifle, and the bolt flies straight and true, embedding itself into the building just above the window, the cable hanging down to the ground. Mercenary Delta shifts the Modular Rifle into a silenced pistol, then pulls himself up the rope, rising steadily up towards the window. As he reaches the level of the window, he pulls out the saw and waits for the next ship to take off. As it powers up its engines, Mercenary Delta activates the saw, cutting through the window as the ship roars overhead. Mercenary Delta pushes the hole in the window through into the Control Tower, and the Flight Control Operator spins around to the window. As he notices the man at the window, the Mercenary raises his pistol and fires three bullets at the operator. The first hits his arm, the second impacts in his chest and the third bullet smashes into his neck, ripping a hole through his windpipe. As the man falls to the floor, Mercenary Delta slides to the ground, striding through the Spaceport back to his ship. He deactivates the security systems and walks back to the ****pit, powering up the engines as he straps himself in. Without radioing for clearance, he takes off from the landing pad and flies low out of the spaceport, the heavily modified sublight engines straining as he soars around the planet until he is out of range of the fleets battling above the spaceport. He calculates a hyperspace jump, then pulls back on the hyperdrive levers. The acceleration pushes him back into his seat, the compensators not quite able to cope with the immense acceleration as he moves into hyperspace and away from the planet.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 20:43   #344
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Everyone

I'll type up replies later, as I don't have enough time right now. However, I do have time to deal with a certain newcomer . . .

Mercenary Delta

/ooc It was not too bad of a post, but you clearly did not do enough research into this thread to realize there are no ships taking off, and thus no engine noise to mask the sound of you sawing your way into the Control Tower. Also, I am picturing the Control Tower as similar to a modern-day Air Control Tower, only much bigger and perhaps fancier. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the operator would be alone at the time, especially during an attack, but I'll let that slide, especially since the alterative was probably for you to shoot the entire Control Tower up, which would have been worse. Still, DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER ONE-POST ASSASSINATION IN MY THREAD!
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 21:10   #345
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
IS- I won't complain, I just want to put forward my views, and bear in mind this was our first ever job.

1. Yes, he probaballly should have researched that bit, however it could be easily edited to "under cover of one of ND's salvos" or another nearby explosion.

2. He was an extremely unimportant NPC, therefore I felt that allowing Delta to make a single post kill would be appropriate, as it makes no difference to the thread- No one can take off still, as they'd be blasted out of the sky. Plus, I'm sure there's more than one control tower. It was also, not just a couple of lines, it was a good single post if you see what I mean. If you don't want it to happen again though, it of course won't.

just my opinion. Also, are you going to count it?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 21:12   #346

Stupid Air Traffic Controller finally gets what he deserves... \o/
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 21:19   #347
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Quote:
Originally posted by Planetkiller II
IS- I won't complain, I just want to put forward my views, and bear in mind this was our first ever job.

1. Yes, he probaballly should have researched that bit, however it could be easily edited to "under cover of one of ND's salvos" or another nearby explosion.

2. He was an extremely unimportant NPC, therefore I felt that allowing Delta to make a single post kill would be appropriate, as it makes no difference to the thread- No one can take off still, as they'd be blasted out of the sky. Plus, I'm sure there's more than one control tower. It was also, not just a couple of lines, it was a good single post if you see what I mean. If you don't want it to happen again though, it of course won't.

just my opinion. Also, are you going to count it?
I've also posted my complaints in your hiring thread.

1) True enough.

2) That is not your call. As I said, I'm letting it slide this one time, especially because I realize that this idea is just starting out. Yes, it was a pretty good post, I am happy that there was effort put into the kill. However, I will not accept another one-post kill in this thread, regardless if its a 5000 word one about swatting a d*mned fly. I don't like surprise visitors suddenly popping into my thread and affecting things in any possible way. If there is an assassination attack, then I want it to be several posts long, so that I can decide when the merc completes his mission. If the character has an important job several posts later, I will find ways to keep the merc busy until that character is no longer important, and then will allow him to be killed. Also, NO ONE on the list I will soon post on the first page will be allowed to be killed. Not now, not ever, not by a 10000 word post, not by 10000 one word posts. Other than that, I don't really see any other problems.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Jul 2002, 21:27   #348
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
OK, thanks for being understanding. Won't happen again. I'm going to make it a rule to contact DMs before the Merc starts the mission now, so it should be ok now.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 00:51   #349
Immortal Squish

/ooc I'm assuming we're already suited up. If not, we'll do that first. ooc/

"Hmmm, not much to go on... lets head to where the major was killed. Perhaps we can track them back to where they came from."

Squish again salutes. "Captain, if you remember anything else or anything suspicious happens, give us a call on the radio."

Squish then turns to Toby, and gives him a slap on the shoulder. "Toby, keep in contact out there. I'll be joining you soon as we take care of this little problem."

They then head over to the area where the Major was assassinated. Squish keeps his eyes and ears open for anything out of the ordinary.
Unread 16 Jul 2002, 01:17   #350

Firstly I would like to apologise for any offence caused. The Mercenary Core do not wish to offend or insult anyone during our work; we have a job to do, and we do it. Now I would like to address your concerns over my actions.

1. There was a ship powering up behind JH, that was the ship I meant. I did research your thread far back enough to get an idea for what I was posting.

2. Most NPC kills are one post if you think about it. The DM says where the NPC is and the RPer kills him/her. I just did what was normally done, but I did it on behalf of another RPer

3. I personally do not believe this mission was suitable for the MC; there was no real need for the Air Traffic Contoller to be eliminated. However, I am bound by my contract to carry out the missions I am assigned, and as such I was compelled to carry out the assassination.

Once again, on behalf of the Mercenary Core, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you or to any Roleplayer participating in this thread.