User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2014, 12:01   #1
MadwoG

MadwoG has a spectacular aura aboutMadwoG has a spectacular aura about
Experience

In my opinion this is overrated.

Yes it contributed to score.. however.. it really has no other function.. The old style of play was fine, but if we're moving towards experience as a functional part of the game.. then actually use it..

What i propose, Use experience like every other game designed this century has used it..

Give it to the ships.. Make experience abit harder to get.. then use the experience, to give ships an advantage..

so say, i was terran, attacking terran.. same ships that kill same ships..

if i had 10k xp.. and they had 5k xp..

my ships would perform better with agility, better with init and better all round.. because the champ pilots have been doing it for longer, they know a few more tricks then nub pilots ofc.

using experience as a form to measure score, based on how many roids you steal from someone at a greater value then you.. is stupid.. doesn't make sense, and has to some extent ruined the game. However, if you want to utilize experience, then at least implement it in a way that actually has some sort of benefit to the game play and to those that accumulate it.
MadwoG is offline   Reply With Quote