User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2004, 02:55   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Top 10 Alliance spot: Overrated?

Well, looking at the top 10 alliances. I see alliances in the top 10 that have given up, Low activity, best planet is mediocre at most, and low presense in any politics or planetarion affairs. Some alliances you rarely hear from, and if you really know a lot of people, you may know 1 or 2 of their members. My question is, is a #5 or #6 finish even good anymore? I mean I can go as far to ask is a #4 finish even good. Normally I would say that top 7 is cool, but with the standings as they are now, with the #1 almost double #3 down, is coming in 4th or 5th a decent finish anymore? For example the #10 position, taken by FAnG atm. I think it was KJ himself that said that they are very low on activity, like 1 organized attack a week, which is REALLY low. Is FAnG at #10 considered good? Is ND at #5 good? Is MISTU # 2 last round now down 185.831.171 from #1 good? What do you guys think?
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 03:54   #2
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Top 10 Alliance spot: Overrated?

tbh The round has kinda got stagnet for some of the lower ranked alliances already. In a lot of ways I agree with that statement. Would be nice if more alliances could try to get more invovled with the politics of the game. Can't speak for all alliances but I would like to see more relationships between alliances as like temporay partnership and battle groups. But when its all said and done your either #1 or a loser mentality. The problem with this is that each round may end up the same.One alliance pulls away and then all alliacnes band together to take down #1 alliance and then it may end up like the same pattern. I don't think anything can be done to effectivly stop the round from being stagnat unless every person in the game has active people around them. To many people have given up because of being in a inactive galaxy.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 04:23   #3
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

my question is, why don't we see 2 and 3 battling it out for the second spot, 3 and 4 battling etc, seems 2 3 and 4 have all formed some (non official ofcoarse) NAP....(ofcoarse that accusation will be denied....) if there is stagnation, you need not look further than that. Why isn't VsN taking on LCH, or MISTU taking on VsN etc ? Why is LCH hitting alliances ranked 5 or below for example?

I agree that a top 10 finish by an alliance with medium to low activity isn't impressive as a top 25 alliance for instance maybe busting their asses and breaking into the top 10.....but I would think that your top 8 alliances in this round (directing this mostly at 4-8) seem be be on a constant growth rate, and are atleast making an attempt to hold, or take over spots. from 9 down I'm honestly not so sure, but if say an alliance like Coven (using that alliance as a hypothetical example, don't read nothin into it) were to really make an effort and bust into the top 10, they could consider it a victory of sorts. Where will the next unknown power come from????? ya never know
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 04:42   #4
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I feel that now that everyone has realized thet takeing out 1up is out of sight why dont those 2, 3, 4 alliances break their NAP(unofficial ofc) and start playing for #2. It just might make the round interesting again instead of keeping the round stagnated till the end again
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 05:14   #5
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

If my alliance was 11th, I would see getting to 10th as an achievement. Not everyone is playing for a top place, and for many alliances finishing in the top 10 is something to be proud of.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 05:38   #6
Flying_So-Low
:banana:

Flying_So-Low is an unknown quantity at this point

I do think being ranked top isn't much anymore. It's like all you have to do is recruit 100 members and sit back throughout the round. You could probably even make it without using alliance defs and attacks. The only thing that seems to matter is average score and maybe the average ratio. :/
Flying_So-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 05:48   #7
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

with the left material its only really an achievement to be top 5 or so, there aint much planets left and the result is that to be a top 10 alliance isnt really what it was a certain time.

that my planet was ranked #750 or so this round (before i fked it up once again hehe) is sign enough of the low player base :/.

I guess you need atleast a double planetbase in planetarion to have 10 strong alliances.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 05:55   #8
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_So-Low
I do think being ranked top isn't much anymore. It's like all you have to do is recruit 100 members and sit back throughout the round. You could probably even make it without using alliance defs and attacks. The only thing that seems to matter is average score and maybe the average ratio. :/
I can agree with the recruit and watch deal. Assassin at ROCk mass recruited and look at them relax with no real moves at #6
I mean geez, the between the #4 and #1 is the difference of 100000 roids. 100000 do the math on that #1 has 5 more members than #4 and the have 100000 roid lead over them. I just can't understand that. I really can't see #4 down as credible. Especially, when all the member bases are around the same. Top 5 are pretty much even. But over 100000 roids down??
Can an alliance say they are good being 100000 roids down?
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 06:00   #9
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Chika I think that depends entirely on where they set their goals for the round at, what their commitment to hardcore PA is, their ability to stay out of the fire (so to speak) meaning not getting themselves in someone's crosshairs, things like that. If is isnt their intention to be #1....maybe they were 15th last round and set a goal to be top 10 etc, that kind of thing..they can still call it a successful round
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 06:54   #10
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Chika I think that depends entirely on where they set their goals for the round at, what their commitment to hardcore PA is, their ability to stay out of the fire (so to speak) meaning not getting themselves in someone's crosshairs, things like that. If is isnt their intention to be #1....maybe they were 15th last round and set a goal to be top 10 etc, that kind of thing..they can still call it a successful round
Broken down case by case, i guess you are right. but we shouldn't have to look at it like that. I mean #9 for TOF is great, they were in a bottom alliance last round, and now #9. #10 for FAnG is not a success. #3 for VSN may be a success. #4 for Mistu coming from #2 is not a success. Especially when they claimed good after being in a dominant block. #2 for LCh is a success I beleive. I guess you HAVE to look at it on an individual bases. Just looking at rankings, #4 down don't seem to be touching the curve.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 06:58   #11
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

well right, if your top 3 last round, I would think you would have your sights set on #1, and if you don't get it done, certainly not a successful round, no one aims to drop in rankings, like for us, 5 last round, sitting at 5 now, not neccesarily a success, but not a failure either as we're not neccesarily as hardcore as some other alliances. Some thought we could possibly break into the top 3, so if you look at it that way, maybe not quite a successful round. Depends on what you set your sights on I spose.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 06:59   #12
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I can agree with the recruit and watch deal. Assassin at ROCk mass recruited and look at them relax with no real moves at #6
I mean geez, the between the #4 and #1 is the difference of 100000 roids. 100000 do the math on that #1 has 5 more members than #4 and the have 100000 roid lead over them. I just can't understand that. I really can't see #4 down as credible. Especially, when all the member bases are around the same. Top 5 are pretty much even. But over 100000 roids down??
Can an alliance say they are good being 100000 roids down?
Your analogy could have been far more convincing and revealing if you just compare #1 and #2. Because the difference between #2 and #4 isn't far off to be perfectly honest - 2,3,4 are almost at par.

I mean - it could have been a real mess to realize that top 1 and 2 are that far. #4 has 92 members only, hence they are doing better in terms of median performance than #2 and #3.

I wonder why you chose to compare the roid difference between #1 and #4? Its not that disastrous if you ask me since they are 3 ranks apart and #4 has six-less members anyway.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 07:08   #13
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Your analogy could have been far more convincing and revealing if you just compare #1 and #2. Because the difference between #2 and #4 isn't far off to be perfectly honest - 2,3,4 are almost at par.

I mean - it could have been a real mess to realize that top 1 and 2 are that far. #4 has 92 members only, hence they are doing better in terms of median performance than #2 and #3.

I wonder why you chose to compare the roid difference between #1 and #4? Its not that disastrous if you ask me since they are 3 ranks apart and #4 has six-less members anyway.
Well, if I was arguing that a #2 finish meant nothing anymore, then i probably would have used #2. But I was narrowing it down to #4 down. Thats why I didn't use #2. But in the sense you are seaking in, thta would claim that a #2 finish is not good, when in fact it is. only one ally can dominate in this current PA. And there will be 1 runner up. I cannot count out VSN at #3 because they played a huge part of this round. But what i wonder is, what about #4, in this situation, and mind frame of the game, I just don't see #4 as an accomplishment.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 07:17   #14
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Your argument to be honest is baseless if that's the case - since your initial analogy is all about numbers and roids difference. Which I believe I have a point in correcting you that in terms of roid difference - #1 and #2 is a more messy distance than between #1 and #4. Due to #2, #3 and #4 being amost at par and #4 have 6 less members.

Then you turn your argument around and avoid roid difference:

You already acknowledged #2 as deserving because - it means a runner-up.

You already acknowledged #3 as deserving because - it's Vision, they did good in your personnal views.

But you completely insulted and branded #4 as a joke.

I don't get it tbh. You're not a credible observer.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 13:21   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the past of a certain alliance, the number of members and their goals. I mean, for my own alliance it obviously is a failed round, eventhough we got a decent avg score compared to the alliances directly above us. But I can understand that for e.g. ToF or HR that ending top 10 is a nice achievement.

As mistu HC, I'd be rather dissappointed, they can do far better.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 13:43   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

its a matter of fact that the variety in the alliancebase depleted. There are maybe less than 10 alliances with 70+ members and if you look carefully only 15 serious alliances with over 60 members.
Like with all statistics the amount of participants regulates the competition.
If there is only 10 serious alliances its natural that the upper 5 spots might be fight hard for but the rest falls in place.
If there were 40 alliances there would be 4 competitors for each top10 spot now its barely 1.

From what i gather, atleast fang admitted to have only 5-10 active players left.
So i agree that beeing top10 is not much of a competition anymore. Top5 should now be "the goal".
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 14:53   #17
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

round 3 all i cared about as egtting Blackdeath in a top 5 slot.

In every round I have sated it to win it, so in answer to your question did 10-6 ever matter before unless you are a new alliance on the rise?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:55   #18
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ehm,... no they are not?
How many members you see for #2?
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 00:42   #19
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

HR in #6 might be surprising to most of you, but it aint to us... we aimed high, but we're not high enough as we had our minds set on #5 ND here we come

As for the others its not just a one day turn of events ending up like this (mostly)... I think 1up had this going for quite a while, but i agree that the #2,3,4 should at least try battling it out

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 05:47   #20
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If my alliance was 11th, I would see getting to 10th as an achievement. Not everyone is playing for a top place, and for many alliances finishing in the top 10 is something to be proud of.
i'm proud of the #11 spot NoS has right now. We have many new recruits this round, many of whom has never played planetarion or planetarion X before, and also many ppl that started after tickstart and ended in an inactive high cluster.

There is a different recruitment technique than yours:
1up: sid shows his face, old experienced guys come running, leaving newbies dr000ling at joining 1up(wich wont happend), but without 2 op vouches that wouldnt happend.
NoS: New and inexperienced ppl are given the chance to get into a great community where training are provided, and we try to train them in the love for the game and for NoS.

You can say what you want about our score, we got some above 3 mill score, and some below 2 mill, and they're all important to NoS. If we're 10th or 11th, doesnt matter much as long as we know that this has been a healthy round for us, and that we'll only be stronger again next round.

Who are 1up to speak about pride and ambitions of other alliances, you have none of the issues and complication that alliances down the rank may have. You were shot at a lot, but you know yourself you have the best military command, most active members and one of the strongest HC's. I'm not saying that this was an "easy ride" for you. Where is the fun in fighting for a top 10 spot when you dont only have to fight the #10 spot, but also the bashing #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8 and #9 everytime you get more than 800-1000 roids.....

so, in my opinion, if we end top 10, well, ok. If we dont end top 10, a well, was a good training experience.

(Nothing of the things in this post reflects the opinions or statements of any NoS officials, only Chimpie's head, any problems with my post dont blame NoS, blame me.)

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 07:44   #21
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
HR in #6 might be surprising to most of you, but it aint to us... we aimed high, but we're not high enough as we had our minds set on #5 ND here we come

As for the others its not just a one day turn of events ending up like this (mostly)... I think 1up had this going for quite a while, but i agree that the #2,3,4 should at least try battling it out
a 1 on 1 fight would be awesome, shame it would never happen, with the lame arses above us (:
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 09:05   #22
Chika

Quote:
Your argument to be honest is baseless if that's the case - since your initial analogy is all about numbers and roids difference. Which I believe I have a point in correcting you that in terms of roid difference - #1 and #2 is a more messy distance than between #1 and #4. Due to #2, #3 and #4 being amost at par and #4 have 6 less members.

Then you turn your argument around and avoid roid difference:

You already acknowledged #2 as deserving because - it means a runner-up.

You already acknowledged #3 as deserving because - it's Vision, they did good in your personnal views.

But you completely insulted and branded #4 as a joke.

I don't get it tbh. You're not a credible observer.
Funny thing is, my post ends in a question. i said my views and then I asked others. You are trying a mild flame, and it really isn't succeding. I ended in a question just so people like you would really have to pry to dig something out. Get another cup of coffee and try to dig deeper.
To sum it up for me, this was a "this is my opinion, whats yours?" Thread. Nothing more nothing less. You are not a credible observer. Why? Because obviously you are unable to comprehend formulated sentences put before you. If you have trouble reading English, there are numerous K- 12 books to help you, depending on what level you are at now.

Back to my topic. HR at 6 is an accomplishment I guess. but if you think about it, what aspect I am looking at is, say a new comers eyes. Lets say everyone opened up recruitment, and a guy was interested in joining a top 10 alliance, he truely only has like 3 or 4 good alliances to choose from. Thing is, maybe 100 members to an alliance is to much??? Hmmmm.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 20:58   #23
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
a 1 on 1 fight would be awesome, shame it would never happen, with the lame arses above us (:
I personally wouldn't be against letting HR/ND battle it out without 1up interference. But thats just a personal opinion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 21:31   #24
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think Mistar Fish is refering to attacks from the brave members of Mistu/LCH and Vision, not 1up

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !

Last edited by Vaio; 7 Aug 2004 at 21:34. Reason: Inserted ironic reference to brave
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 21:43   #25
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Brave members of LCH/Vision/Mistu who attack 1up, or there command staff who sit in 1up gals and refuse to hit 1up sending them there?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 00:32   #26
Chika

Thing is LCH/Vision/Mistu did fight 1up. They lost. Think about it, they can't keep losing all round, so they just moved to smaller targets.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 00:39   #27
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Chika.... I'm confused. Why did you quit if you still seem to active on forums?
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 10:56   #28
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Chika.... I'm confused. Why did you quit if you still seem to active on forums?
I quit because I would not have been playing up to my potential, and if u read my farewell thread, you would see my RL issues. I really like PA. I like reading and posting on forums sometimes also. I still keep up with the game, but I shy away from playing hardcore. Plus, don't complain, thats a top 5 spot free for someone else. You will see me in some form or another next round, depending when it starts.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 12:23   #29
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I think Mistar Fish is refering to attacks from the brave members of Mistu/LCH and Vision, not 1up

~Vaio~
Yes indeed (:

You'd think they'd try to beat each other, not us and HR, as we are no threat to them.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 18:19   #30
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I personally wouldn't be against letting HR/ND battle it out without 1up interference. But thats just a personal opinion.
Dont say that, it is bait for "1up blocking with HR & ND"!!!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 19:15   #31
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Brave members of LCH/Vision/Mistu who attack 1up, or there command staff who sit in 1up gals and refuse to hit 1up sending them there?
If you going to make accusations like that Mistar Forest, the least you could do is name names

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 19:55   #32
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If you going to make accusations like that Mistar Forest, the least you could do is name names

~Vaio~

Sure.

I can give u lists of co-ords if u want, as could any 1up'er

cough
Porno
cough
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 22:58   #33
Elder
Silver winged Dragon

Elder is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that the small amounts of fighting among the top alliances has stagnated the game somewhat. All in all, second place is not a bad result for any alliance and I cant see why people wont strive for that, or third place for that matter..

Veneratio, as a newly formed alliance have ambitions of becoming top 10 this round. That may not seem to be much for most people here and it looks atm as if we aren't going to make it but we have enjoyed the challenge none the less. And we will get a lot higher next round I'm sure ..

Co-founder of Veneratio

#Veneratio
www.veneratiohq.org
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:47   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Sure.

I can give u lists of co-ords if u want, as could any 1up'er

cough
Porno
cough
I've heard the accusations of Porno's galaxy having a NAP with 1up, so as I have known 2 of the members of the galaxy since rounds 2 and 4 respectively, I asked them and they have no knowledge of it so either

They are lying which is as likely as Muslim getting laid
There is no nap which is possible as there is always somebody willing to make political capital out of it
Porno has one, which again is possible but then we are back to the political capital bit.

So I am not really convinced, besides IF it is true, that is only one member of one alliance.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:54   #35
Forest

I assure you Porno DOES sit with a nap, becuase it annoys me greatly

A simple thing would be to ask any 1up-er for the gal list fo 1up, and then news scan the big planets

Or u could pm me.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:56   #36
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

If Porno does has a NAP, it would annoy me considerably more.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:56   #37
Forest

PM me. i will show u it
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 08:58   #38
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

see PM, but enclose information on what I am looking for as I have just finished work and I am only on my 3rd coffee so I have yet to be able to understand even simple concepts.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 14:35   #39
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If Porno does has a NAP, it would annoy me considerably more.

~Vaio~
News-scan him if you know his coords. You'll notice a total absence of attacks from him on 1up - with one exception. He launched on a 1up, got to eta 1 with no defence, then recalled so he could keep his protection.

Most 1up members would love him to either attack 1up - or state that he didn't want to keep his nap - as until he does that he gets to keep his roids. There's more than 1 big vision planet in that galaxy - none of whom attack 1up (and that galaxy is not unique).

Similarly some LCH officers / HC currently have naps with 1up (by virtue of being in 1up galaxies and agreeing not to attack 1up or defend ingalaxy vs us).

Forest was wrong in including Mistu in his statement: whereas there are a number of Mistu planets in 1up galaxies that avail themselves of the NAPs offered by us, that does not include any of their command staff.

I can understand why individuals would take the protection - either to protect their own rank, or to help their galaxy achieve the best rank possible. It is slightly different, however, when the individual in question is responsible for setting 1up targets for the rest of their alliance - yet lacks the courage to actually participate in those attacks themselves.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 21:05   #40
Rimmerz
true seasider

Rimmerz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
1) Most 1up members would love him to either attack 1up - or state that he didn't want to keep his nap - as until he does that he gets to keep his roids. There's more than 1 big vision planet in that galaxy - none of whom attack 1up (and that galaxy is not unique).
2) Similarly some LCH officers / HC currently have naps with 1up (by virtue of being in 1up galaxies and agreeing not to attack 1up or defend ingalaxy vs us).
3) Forest was wrong in including Mistu in his statement: whereas there are a number of Mistu planets in 1up galaxies that avail themselves of the NAPs offered by us, that does not include any of their command staff.

4) I can understand why individuals would take the protection - either to protect their own rank, or to help their galaxy achieve the best rank possible. It is slightly different, however, when the individual in question is responsible for setting 1up targets for the rest of their alliance - yet lacks the courage to actually participate in those attacks themselves.
tbh im kinda glad to see this - ok a few replies to these

1) im sure most of 1up would love to attack these Visions etc, but im more sure that the rest of the universe would love them to stop being cowardice and start attacking 1up
2) if LCH and VsN and co are really interested in taking down 1up i dont understand why they choose to nap the one alliance they want to take down
3) Im very glad you mentioned this Sid - im only aware of 1 MISTU member with this nap (not that his gal does any good for him) + it takes away ToF's accusations of 1up and MISTU blocking (which tbh i laughed till i bled when i saw that)
4) your point is valid here but it shows that they're a bunch of cowards that are of no benefit to their alliances (goes big time for the major gals). Some people i admit need to nap (lone members within a massively dominated 1 alliance gal) but if people are genuinely serious in taking down 1up like i say i fail to see the reasoning why their top planets nap the ppl their alliance is trying to take down.

So what does this mean? the fact that alliance HCs and officers nap to 1up, doesnt this constitute to napping Sid which is the act which your alliance boasted would have none of all round hmmmm? as for the HCs and officers that napped then it shows your intentions well, you set up attacks on 1up and refuse to participate yourself?? that's very distrustful, dishonest and to be quite frank distasteful and it would leave a very sour taste in my mouth knowing that 'i choose not to attack with my alliance knowing that i have a nap with 1up', a tad self centered if you ask me.

i could rant on about NewDawn and their involvement here, but i cant be bothered to atm, i think ive said my piece here

Last edited by Rimmerz; 9 Aug 2004 at 21:11.
Rimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 21:06   #41
Rimmerz
true seasider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder
I agree that the small amounts of fighting among the top alliances has stagnated the game somewhat. All in all, second place is not a bad result for any alliance and I cant see why people wont strive for that, or third place for that matter..

Veneratio, as a newly formed alliance have ambitions of becoming top 10 this round. That may not seem to be much for most people here and it looks atm as if we aren't going to make it but we have enjoyed the challenge none the less. And we will get a lot higher next round I'm sure ..
i respect you guys a lot, but if u talk about small amounts of fighting within the top alliances then you should see my defence department every night, trust me i applaud their efforts and will continue to for the remainder of the round
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 21:15   #42
Rimmerz
true seasider

Quote:
well right, if your top 3 last round, I would think you would have your sights set on #1, and if you don't get it done, certainly not a successful round, no one aims to drop in rankings, like for us, 5 last round, sitting at 5 now, not neccesarily a success, but not a failure either as we're not neccesarily as hardcore as some other alliances. Some thought we could possibly break into the top 3, so if you look at it that way, maybe not quite a successful round. Depends on what you set your sights on I spose.
Check your facts before you accuse anyone of things that aren't the truth

nice lie to alter the focus away from you seeking to ally 1up eh?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 22:15   #43
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

While I cannot speak as to NDs policy, 1ups is this (as most of you should know by now). We hit gals with alliances and planets that consistantly attack 1up. ND has not been one of those alliances to this point in time.

If theres a major ND gal with none of those alliances, then sure, it probably doesnt get hit by 1up very often.

If theres a major ND gal with lots of members of actively hostile alliances, then they probably get 1up inc rather frequently.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:02   #44
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmerz
Check your facts before you accuse anyone of things that aren't the truth

nice lie to alter the focus away from you seeking to ally 1up eh?
my comment was merely hypothetical, and spoke of no alliance directly, other than my own ofcoarse...please elaborate on where a "lie" exists in that comment
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:16   #45
Rimmerz
true seasider

guess i buggered up there

Quote:
my question is, why don't we see 2 and 3 battling it out for the second spot, 3 and 4 battling etc, seems 2 3 and 4 have all formed some (non official ofcoarse) NAP....(ofcoarse that accusation will be denied....) if there is stagnation, you need not look further than that. Why isn't VsN taking on LCH, or MISTU taking on VsN etc ? Why is LCH hitting alliances ranked 5 or below for example?
that's what i meant to quote - :P

as for these things tho - why dont lch take on vsn, we're getting vsn incs and why dont we take on NewDawn hmmmm?

then again, 1up/Nd and Nos vs mistu isnt exactly fair now isnt it?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:23   #46
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

you want to come after ND Rimmerz go for it, not like we haven't seen MISTU incoming all round anyhow.. I'd also be very careful about creating political blocks for 1up, LOL, they may have something to say about it
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:30   #47
Rimmerz
true seasider

well ToF tried to create a 1up political block in game with MISTU (was quite funny i must admit)

im merely stating that in case u havent noticed that 1up attack us regularly - tho i do suggest you read some of tygercub's posts
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:30   #48
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmerz
then again, 1up/Nd and Nos vs mistu isnt exactly fair now isnt it?
by the way, how has NoS become a part of this discussion?

oh and maybe you might want to have Tygercub change her position from ND HC to MISTU DC..looks a bit silly
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:55   #49
Rimmerz
true seasider

NoS came a part of the discussion when they started attacking MISTU pretty much the same time NewDawn did. I think that's more than sheer coincidence.

as for Tygercub - she can do as she pleases (the fact that it says ND HC has particular relevance here in case u havent noticed, and btw Mistu employ DO's not DC's) :P
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:04   #50
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Yeah right ... your funny Rimmerz...

So now nd is blocking with 1up and nos ? , that deserves a banana I think...

I will love to see this proffs , if there are any, wich I doubt there is....

so this is just word against word.. what does it help the pa community ?

SO I think everyone should stfu and go enjoy emself at there own places.
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote