User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 6 Oct 2006, 12:35   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Divx Problems

My laptop monitor is broken so I decided to watch a movie file on my PC. Using Windows Media Player it had sound but no picture.

It has a clean install of Windows 98, only recently formatted. this is something I've done loads of times and never had any problem.

I tried to install the latest version of Divx (6 I think), which wasn't compatible with W98. I got a older version (5.something). When I try to install it I get the error message from the newest version of Divx.

I also downloaded a pack of codec for WMP 9 which won't install.

What is wrong with my PC?

Also, I can't just connect to the internet and download the required codec automatically.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 13:16   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Divx Problems

is the video encoded with a version of divx? Perhaps its a different codec entirely.
theres a bit of software, i think its called g-spot which allows you to identify the codecs used in a particular video , might be worth seeing if the video is actually a divx vid.
Alternatively, if its a generic mpeg-4 you could try installing xvid and see if that can handle it, iirc it allows you to set it as the default decoder for generic mpeg4, and dx50, in addition to xvids
You cant connect to the internet and have wmp download the necessary codec automatically, because microsoft it would appear dont support the video codec that was used to encode it.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 13:26   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
is the video encoded with a version of divx? Perhaps its a different codec entirely.
theres a bit of software, i think its called g-spot which allows you to identify the codecs used in a particular video , might be worth seeing if the video is actually a divx vid.
Alternatively, if its a generic mpeg-4 you could try installing xvid and see if that can handle it, iirc it allows you to set it as the default decoder for generic mpeg4, and dx50, in addition to xvids
You cant connect to the internet and have wmp download the necessary codec automatically, because microsoft it would appear dont support the video codec that was used to encode it.
I've no idea how it was encoded.

I can't connect to the internet because my PC doesn't have an intenet connection. I have to download things onto my laptop and transfer them over. I'm also on 56k which makes downloading a real hassle.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 21:51   #4
pl0d

pl0d is an unknown quantity at this point

try a codec pack called k-lite codecs not a big download and works for me
pl0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 02:10   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

FFDShow.

No, it's not a codec pack.
Yes, it will decode DivX and Xvid
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 14:12   #6
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
FFDShow.

No, it's not a codec pack.
Yes, it will decode DivX and Xvid
tried it. It just gives me a messed up picture.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:43   #7
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

You could try vlc

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html