User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Mar 2004, 01:41   #1
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Champions League

Who's gonna win it and why?

i'm taking a complete outsider and saying ac milan
knockout football suits the italians, sneaking 1 nil wins and 0-0 draws here and there.

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 01:58   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Champions League

I sure hope you're sarcastic and not actually classing the reigning Champions League Winner as an outsider

I think Real will pick it up this year, though. They've got the best selection of players, they do have the goalscoring capability, and I doubt they'll let AC Milan surprise them this time. I don't reckon any of the other remaining teams have the quality to succesfully take on Real Madrid.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 02:06   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On current form, i genuinely think Arsenal can win it. Theyve never looked under any real pressure from anyone in the last 3 months, theyve made very good teams look absoloutely ordinary, and in Henry, they have arguably the worlds best player right now.

Chelski will go out in the next round, Madrid will inevitably have a defensive collapse against an unfancied side (Monaco i suspect), and Porto , Depor & Co simply do not have the class to win the competition.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 03:06   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see absolutely no reason why the arse or the ski cant win it. They are certainly both good enough to make the semis with milan and real madrid pending a favourable draw. Monaco Deportivo Lyon have no chance, Porto can burn in hell

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 03:08   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Porto cos Jose Mourinho is so
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 09:03   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I doubt they'll let AC Milan surprise them this time
....last year they went out to Juve.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 09:46   #7
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Champions League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy

knockout football suits the italians, sneaking 1 nil wins and 0-0 draws here and there.

Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 11:37   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
On current form, i genuinely think Arsenal can win it. Theyve never looked under any real pressure from anyone in the last 3 months, theyve made very good teams look absoloutely ordinary, and in Henry, they have arguably the worlds best player right now.

Chelski will go out in the next round, Madrid will inevitably have a defensive collapse against an unfancied side (Monaco i suspect), and Porto , Depor & Co simply do not have the class to win the competition.
Pretty much cant disagree with anything said above so "wot he said"
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:25   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:

i'm putting my money on AC milan aswell.

oh and the best italian team can never be an 'outsider' i think...
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:36   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Chelsea.

Reason: all you need is Duff.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:41   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

It has to be arse unless they meet Real Madrid in the final in which case I put my money on madrid coming good on the big stage.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:16   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As an Arsenal fan, I have to say Arsenal.

Also, we'd destroy Real. Combine the defensive frailties of Real Madrid with the counter-attacking football of Arsenal and you've got a great match
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:40   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
As an Arsenal fan, I have to say Arsenal.

Also, we'd destroy Real.
Are you on drugs? Respectable semi-final showing for Arsenal unless they get a good draw I'd say.

Anyways, Real Madrid because they won't **** up this time. It's amazing how anyone can't consider them favourites seeing as every other team is relying on them to **** something up. If a team has to play badly for others to win then I'm pretty sure that means they're the best team.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:42   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Are you on drugs?
Obviously all the bookies are as well as Arsenal are joint favourites now and before Tuesday night were favourites on their own.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:49   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Obviously all the bookies are as well as Arsenal are joint favourites now and before Tuesday night were favourites on their own.
That was due to the results from the first leg. Arsenal were obviously not going to go out to one of the worst sides in the competition (they lost 5-1 on sunday to espanyol y'know), whereas Real were without their top striker (and probably the best striker in the world alongside henry right now) and roberto carlos against Bayern Munich. And let me guess, that's the English bookies right? Plus my disgust was towards the word destroy rather than the concept of arsenal beating madrid. Every team is capable of beating any other in the champions league right now
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 15:25   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Porto to get to the final and get destroyed by Terry Henry

Or something.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:13   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
....last year they went out to Juve.
I know. Poor choice of words on my part there.

I meant to say "They won't let themselves be surprised again, and especially not by AC Milan."
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:22   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
That was due to the results from the first leg. Arsenal were obviously not going to go out to one of the worst sides in the competition (they lost 5-1 on sunday to espanyol y'know), whereas Real were without their top striker (and probably the best striker in the world alongside henry right now) and roberto carlos against Bayern Munich.
Agreed - but as I say - they are joint favourites now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
And let me guess, that's the English bookies right?
Yes, thats all I see, if anyone has odds from other countries would be interesting to see.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:29   #19
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

i just think milan will be too clever for arsenal if they meet, milan are more of a knockout team in the later stages than arsenal i think

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:36   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
i just think milan will be too clever for arsenal if they meet, milan are more of a knockout team in the later stages than arsenal i think
This from the team that have made all FA cup finals at the Millenium Stadium!
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:42   #21
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
This from the team that have made all FA cup finals at the Millenium Stadium!
sorry, i meant in europe mate, two leg knockout games, with away goals, milan are the masters of that. i'm not doubting arsenal are a great side, i just think that in this situation milan will edge it. i think pirlo is one of the best attacking midfeilders in the world and very under rated

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:46   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
sorry, i meant in europe mate, two leg knockout games, with away goals, milan are the masters of that. i'm not doubting arsenal are a great side, i just think that in this situation milan will edge it. i think pirlo is one of the best attacking midfeilders in the world and very under rated
I kno u meant Europe and I was bein manipulative! I really dont understand why Arsenal havnt been able to crack Europe - especially as they are the masters of British cups. Maybe its cos they usually go off the boil mid-late February, which they dont seem to be doing this year.

I guess what I'm saying is I dont think you can write off Arsenal just because they havnt been able to do it before. But I guess we'll see. The only way I can see them messing up is meeting top class opposition and not being used to it, cos its been a long time since they did!
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 16:51   #23
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

its the champions* league ... WHO GIVES A ****????

* champions + runners up + 3rd place + + +
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:05   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

*sigh* when forest won it twice it was a real competition.
now it's just too easy. Especially with the league stage.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 17:06   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
its the champions* league ... WHO GIVES A ****????
Yeah, who cares about the best club competition in the world, idiots.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:06   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm not getting my hopes up for Arsenal just yet. Although we've been awesome this season, better than I could even have dreamed, I dont think we're there yet. We dont have the killer instinct that the real top sides have, we went 2-0 up against Celta, and then we eased off, if their forwards had been on form, a comeback could have been a possibility.

I dont think Real will win it, they're awesome going forward, but if you put them on the back foot, the way a strong attacking team could, I dont think they'd be able to overcome.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:11   #27
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Are you on drugs? Respectable semi-final showing for Arsenal unless they get a good draw I'd say.

Anyways, Real Madrid because they won't **** up this time. It's amazing how anyone can't consider them favourites seeing as every other team is relying on them to **** something up. If a team has to play badly for others to win then I'm pretty sure that means they're the best team.
And my reply...no, I'm not on drugs. However, you seriously underestimate Real's defensive weaknesses. I might have been a tad over-optimistic with the word "destroy", but if Real will be without Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos, they'll have to supplant them with their appalling second-string side.

There's an aura around Real Madrid, meaning that other teams fear their galacticos, from Ronaldo to Figo, Zinedine Zidane to Raul. However, they may be some of the greatest players in the world but more crucially, they're all attackers. Who's Real Madrid's midfield lynchpin? Who will win the ball and keep the ball to supply Zizou and the rest? I can realistically see Viera having a great time knocking the Madrid players off the ball and distributing to the wings for Pires and Liungberg/Gilberto Silva to counter-attack. Add this to the aggressive attacking nature of Real's full backs and you can realistically see Henry and Bergkamp/Reyes getting in behind Michael Salgado and Roberto Carlos (unless he's suspended), leaving the aging Helgeura along with Raul Bravo to combat the Arsenal attack.

I can still see a tough game - but teams aren't just relying on them to screw something up as you suggest. Real's defensive weaknesses and a Keegan-esque goal-scoring attitude means that if they can't score quickly, they'll be in serious trouble.

Arsenal or AC Milan to win the competition.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 01:47   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
And my reply...no, I'm not on drugs. However, you seriously underestimate Real's defensive weaknesses. I might have been a tad over-optimistic with the word "destroy", but if Real will be without Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos, they'll have to supplant them with their appalling second-string side.

There's an aura around Real Madrid, meaning that other teams fear their galacticos, from Ronaldo to Figo, Zinedine Zidane to Raul. However, they may be some of the greatest players in the world but more crucially, they're all attackers. Who's Real Madrid's midfield lynchpin? Who will win the ball and keep the ball to supply Zizou and the rest? I can realistically see Viera having a great time knocking the Madrid players off the ball and distributing to the wings for Pires and Liungberg/Gilberto Silva to counter-attack. Add this to the aggressive attacking nature of Real's full backs and you can realistically see Henry and Bergkamp/Reyes getting in behind Michael Salgado and Roberto Carlos (unless he's suspended), leaving the aging Helgeura along with Raul Bravo to combat the Arsenal attack.

I can still see a tough game - but teams aren't just relying on them to screw something up as you suggest. Real's defensive weaknesses and a Keegan-esque goal-scoring attitude means that if they can't score quickly, they'll be in serious trouble.

Arsenal or AC Milan to win the competition.
No (even hypothetical) defence in world football can stop their first choice side. And if Madrid can be without Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo then arsenal can be without henry and ljungberg. I'm hardly going on Madrid to keep a clean sheet, do an AC Milan and win 1-0. However at comparative strength Madrid are the stronger side. They'd have to get a great result away from home and frankly I don't think they have the experience necessary. In all honesty what have arsenal managed to do so far this season? Beat Inter 5-1 in the San Siro and chelsea (who are a really poor side, especially without duffers) a few times. They've been remarkably consistent in disposing of average sides while playing well but that's hardly the sort of results that justify installing them as favourites. And is Helguera aging? I thought he was 28 or 29, when most players are at the peak of their powers?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 09:24   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, he is aging, but that's a side effect of living in the universe.