User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2006, 01:22   #1
TheTubanator

TheTubanator is an unknown quantity at this point
IRC help

Everytime I try to connect to any IRC server the connection times out, Im guessing it's because port 6667 is blocked. I can't do anything about this since my internet comes directly from my school. Does anyone know any way around this?
TheTubanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 03:02   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: IRC help

Hi

I imagine that your school is using a firewall to block your connection. Firstly, make sure you are trying to connect to the netgamers server (and not an old server that is no longer running) by typing: /server irc.netgamers.org in the "status" window. If/when that fails to solve your problem, try using a CGI:IRC client, such as this one, as it might bypass the firewall. I am presently asking people who (should) know more about the problem, however i will post an additional reply here when i hear word from them.

I hope that helps, anyway .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 10:27   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IRC help

Try using other ports (6660-6669):

/server irc.netgamers.org:6669

Or, you can try the netgamers server (afaik not many servers allow this) that lets you connect through 8080 (I think this is a regular web server port or something, and so it shouldn't be blocked. For this you have to use a specific server):

/server firefly.no.eu.netgamers.org:8080

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote