User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:03   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Tie slides

Tomorrow I am going for a mock job interview, for cool practice. Now I shall be wearing a 3 buttoned single breasted dark navy blue cotton suit with a fairly high top button. I shall be wearing a slim fit white cotton thin blue pinstripe cufflink shirt along with purple/light blue squared cufflinks. My tie is a slightly lighter blue than the suit, with bits of purple so it suits the cufflinks.

But should I wear a tie slide? I was thinking I would wear a silver tie slide to go with the silver of the cufflinks, do you think this would just look like I tried to hard? Also how high should I wear a tie slide? Also should I also attach a tie slide to the shirt? How far across the tie should a tie slide go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:06   #2
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Don't wear a tie, be a rebel!
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:07   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
wear the tie slide (if it is the same as a tie clip i am assuming) about 1/3rd of the way up, and yes, the whole point is that you clip it to your shirt as well, as it is to hold your tie in place
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:08   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
jesus you're 17. Noone is going to be impressed by you wearing a tie slide. Noone.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:09   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I thought that because it was summer I should just use it to keep both parts of the tie together, but keep it seperate from the shirt to create a more baggy, loose, summery appearance.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:10   #6
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
its only a mock interview dood.

hell, i dont even know what tie im going to wear!
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:10   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
jesus you're 17. Noone is going to be impressed by you wearing a tie slide. Noone.
I will impress myself, plus I am not going to wear a tie slide. I was just plagiarising.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zharkov
its only a mock interview dood.

hell, i dont even know what tie im going to wear!
I spent over an hour matching ties with shirts and then with cufflinks. I then spent the rest of that time trying out a variety of different knots.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:10   #8
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I thought that because it was summer I should just use it to keep both parts of the tie together, but keep it seperate from the shirt to create a more baggy, loose, summery appearance.
matey you want to look 17 young virile and eager. Ageing bank mangers wear tie slides. Let your tie flap in the wind while it still can!
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:13   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:

I spent over an hour matching ties with shirts and then with cufflinks. I then spent the rest of that time trying out a variety of different knots.

well i only know two knots the normal school boy one and the windsor, i only wear the windsor to special occasions.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:25   #10
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Ronald McDonald will be impressed.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 23:26   #11
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

i'm not going for an interview at McDonalds
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 02:25   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Did bloomers just say he had one breast?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 02:45   #13
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought this thread was going to be about skating

Unread 4 Jul 2003, 07:05   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
forget it, the only real job interviews you will ever have will be for McDonalds.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 09:16   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I will impress myself, plus I am not going to wear a tie slide. I was just plagiarising.

what knot did you settle on then??
you cannot beat a good cambridge knot as far as i am concerned
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 10:09   #16
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
bloomers, you made yourself sound really gay
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 10:47   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't need to match ties, I just wear my house tie (black and white stripes); it goes with everything.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote