User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Aug 2016, 17:27   #51
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough
Re: R68, who plays? who wins?

im not whining at all mongole, im just stating how much ur alliance is a fail,

napping to the win, without providing a real fight with a decent alliance,

is a great way to win, why even attacking, just war mining page it will

pay at the end of the round and u can win why even bothering playing,

im just sad cause ultores wont give you a decent fight
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2016, 17:36   #52
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: R68, who plays? who wins?

Don't worry about nelly

Bows have already been crying about my 1 man war vs butch3r

Just so he doesn't feel like a victim I'll be visiting you next
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2016, 17:42   #53
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
It's not exactly a difficult win when Bows has no competition at all. They are napped to Ultores (expected) and p3n naps at the first sign of incoming.
When Bows started getting P3ng/Norse/Illu incs it had a 5k roids lead ahead of P3ng. When the hostilities ceased for a while, P3ng was above Bows both in roids and in rank. I don't know how politcs work, but I would assume that the deals at that point would benefit more the ones who won rather than the ones who ended in disadvantage.
What amazes me is that P3ng returned to 3rd even with all that.
Unread 28 Aug 2016, 18:44   #54
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
When Bows started getting P3ng/Norse/Illu incs it had a 5k roids lead ahead of P3ng. When the hostilities ceased for a while, P3ng was above Bows both in roids and in rank. I don't know how politcs work, but I would assume that the deals at that point would benefit more the ones who won rather than the ones who ended in disadvantage.
What amazes me is that P3ng returned to 3rd even with all that.
From looking at kia, all tags in this coalition got heavy hostilities bar p3n which suggests that p3n made a deal and left their allies out of it. Normal p3n trait so it's not really that surprising. They're quite a selfish alliance. This kind of behavior usually results in no more help on a mutual enemy because that alliance can't be trusted.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 05:46   #55
Gen_Chaos

Gen_Chaos will become famous soon enoughGen_Chaos will become famous soon enough

I'm just going to weigh in on a couple of things and then duck out of AD for a good long while to avoid all the hate.

First comment: Bows does not do politics in AD. We just love our B-Butch3r (sigh) but I hope people realize he has not been HC for several rounds, he is a mil officer who contributes a lot to strategy, dc and bc work. He does not do politics, we made that deal awhile ago. BB has given a lot of energy to the game and he enjoys twatting and trolling on the forums. That's great, but it is all his personal posting and should never be taken as a Bows political position.

We came into this round believing that Ult was not going to contend for #1. They said they were going laid back and probably would not be full tag. Apparently some people returned, and when we got knocked down to r4 by pengs inc at night and Norse during the day, I think they probably saw an opening to play harder. That's just my read on it.

So we have been enjoying a "repaired" relationship with ND and seeing how we might work together. We also reached out to pengs and offered a nap the first week after we apparently stepped on some forts. Ppl assume that we have full intell and know who we are hitting in the first week, but not so. We wait to put coords in until we can get them from friends who have better intel that we do, frankly.

Pengs didn't want to hear that and we all know where that went. Nevertheless, we did not press the war button. Still wanted to work a pengs/nd bows friendship in lieu of Ult's activity. We wound up napping them after we perhaps straightened that out a bit... and went after Norse with some ND help because we saw their hits on us during the day to be opportunistic and ganging with pengs, and they had hurt us more than pengs. We did well against Norse, which I assume nobody will give us credit for, then let that settle down after we felt we had evened the score. Now we are good with them, we'll see where that goes.

We are now trying to chart a course that doesn't have us backstabbing an old friend, or blocking, but we also will consider anything that seemed warranted if anybody gangs up without due cause. We hit the small tag FC alliances because we hate that stuff and they sent it at us. Anybody who sends lol waves or fc at us from the start will get a similar energetic response.

We did NOT come into this round with expectations to win, we see all the hate and we assumed we would be targeted a lot. So that is why we have been working for one or two solid friendships to help us stay alive. Things are turning out differently from what we expected, and we will always play our hardest, so we'll see where that goes.

To Clouds, who "affectionately" called me an idiot in a prior post, I respect your skills and the time you have put in to Pa. You stuck with BF until it finally won rounds, and I respect you for it.

To Nelito, get over it. We took you in when you were between alliances, and last round I shot ourselves in the foot for you and pissed off my own allies. I ain't going to let Bows go down with you when the round is decided and you didn't prevail, sorry. I like you too, and respect what you have managed to do and bring to Pa, it's been good fun. You can call me whatever you want, doesn't bother me.

My predictions for r68: Lots of accusations of blocking when in fact we are seeing maybe opportunism and the effect of active alliances choosing targets in a small universe... and therefore lots of counterblocking... and lots of the usual hating on AD. It's so odd, the last 500 active players of Pa spend so much time hating each other when the game can't exist without all of us. :-)
Gen_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 07:34   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelito View Post
mongole
Unnecessary.

Quote:
napping to the win, without providing a real fight with a decent alliance, is a great way to win, why even attacking, just war mining page it will pay at the end of the round and u can win why even bothering playing, im just sad cause ultores wont give you a decent fight
This is PA. Complaining about people or alliances attacking downwards just makes you look like you don't understand what the game is about. War is not profitable. If you want to win, the way to do it is by avoiding war. This is what Rainbows did last round, successfully, and Norse a couple of rounds ago, also successfully. There is no golden star for 'most warlike alliance'.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 10:51   #57
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im not whining at all mongole, im just stating how much ur alliance is a fail,
napping to the win, without providing a real fight with a decent alliance,
is a great way to win, why even attacking, just war mining page it will
pay at the end of the round and u can win why even bothering playing,
im just sad cause ultores wont give you a decent fight
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 13:02   #58
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I am out of the game for so long, so excuse me for asking, but why is Rainbows getting so much heat when they aren't even in top spot?

Everyone letting Ult win again?
Some things never change?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 14:16   #59
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I am out of the game for so long, so excuse me for asking, but why is Rainbows getting so much heat when they aren't even in top spot?

Everyone letting Ult win again?
Some things never change?
Nobody is getting any heat, wich is the problem, and nelito is threatning people with heat, but cant stand taking any incs back for it

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 18:29   #60
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

who is nelito with?
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 18:55   #61
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
who is nelito with?
http://kia.cthq.net/index.php?p=view...e=Illumination

His new alliance. They are NAPed with P3ng/ND/Norse ingame.

Unread 29 Aug 2016, 19:57   #62
Forest

There are still naps in this game?
Unread 29 Aug 2016, 23:03   #63
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

the correct question would be are there still wars in this game!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 16:27   #64
Forest

lol

Are you still playing?

I have a planet, not done anything with it. Just exiling around until someone makes contact with me, no-one has yet
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 17:40   #65
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

forest your skills are needed to setup a raid on 4.10
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 20:10   #66
Forest

lol I got whipped by the missus.

If she knew I was posting she would kill me!
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 22:39   #67
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

hahaha nelito ! your mission is to take down 4.10!

Do you accept?
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 22:47   #68
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
lol I got whipped by the missus.

If she knew I was posting she would kill me!
So you're her slave. Congratulations on being dominated.
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 23:31   #69
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Im not sure if this is aa attempt to be witty or what.

I wouldve given you comedy points if it was something like she thought his posting was so awfull that she forbid him to post

Unread 31 Aug 2016, 12:02   #70
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
hahaha nelito ! your mission is to take down 4.10!

Do you accept?
why you hating pal?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2016, 15:05   #71
Advantix

Advantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
why you hating pal?
Dont worry eksero! We still support you for p-win! Now stop slacking!
Unread 31 Aug 2016, 16:29   #72
Forest

Quote:
I get dominated by a beautiful woman.
People playing pa get dominated by 4:10 and ult.

Bend over guys
Unread 31 Aug 2016, 18:13   #73
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

hey, look at the bright side, atleast p3ngs not winning.
and allowing late starters again is a brilliant idea

Unread 1 Sep 2016, 01:44   #74
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
hey, look at the bright side, atleast p3ngs not winning.
and allowing late starters again is a brilliant idea

Banned from the forum for 2 months. I come back and you're still a little bitch. My how things don't change.
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2016, 01:52   #75
Blink

Blink is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
Banned from the forum for 2 months. I come back and you're still a little bitch. My how things don't change.
Oh hay, look it's the bitcher of the bitcher bitch. Doesn't have to make sense, you just know it does, right bitcher?

Also what reaper said <3
Unread 1 Sep 2016, 03:58   #76
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
You got banned for two months? Is that even possibole? Longest i got banned ever was for 3 days

Well atleast ive missed you here, its waaay too quiet.
So whats happening over at p3ng HQ, looks like Illuminatiators broke the ingame NAP?

Unread 1 Sep 2016, 13:09   #77
Wolfeh
Sexeh!!!

Wolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the rough

this is one of the best rounds ever! there is war all over the place and almost no NAPS, this is how a round should be played!

Let's hope the next few rounds will also be Wartarion just like the last (1)4 rounds!

4:10 is fighting for there #1 galrank since tick 1! its unbelievable how they are stopping all their incomings!

maybe we should implent to have 2 deffleets for ally launch? it makes the game even better y0y0y0
Round 85 - Rank 2 - Ultores (XAN)

Hydra Omen Ultores Zero Tolerance
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2016, 17:26   #78
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
this is one of the best rounds ever! there is war all over the place and almost no NAPS, this is how a round should be played!

Let's hope the next few rounds will also be Wartarion just like the last (1)4 rounds!

4:10 is fighting for there #1 galrank since tick 1! its unbelievable how they are stopping all their incomings!

maybe we should implent to have 2 deffleets for ally launch? it makes the game even better y0y0y0
Yeah, 2 deffleets for ally launch, and take counting planets down to 30/60.
Im sure HR/CT/ND/Illumination/Unsullied/VGN will benefit from having more room for support/def planets in their tag.

Unread 3 Sep 2016, 17:44   #79
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

Remove ally fleet. Increase counting members to 60. If you really want it to be 40 counting then make it avg score*40. Ally fleet launch + def planets and u'll never land.

I wouldn't mind at all if the counting limit was set to 60. Don't think anyone not playing full tag is actually going to try to win anyway.

Also the HC's should grow a pair of balls for next round. All agree no deals before tick 600 or until someone runs away with the whole thing. The napping going on the last few rounds is crazy. Just look at avg roidcount on the top alliances.

Personally I would remove pre-launch for attack and have +1 for ally def and +3 for ingal. I would even have inc apparing the min it launches. Ppl didn't start playing the game because it was so casual and so easy. It was the challange and reward for being active that was fun. No you can just set your ally fleet and go to bed and most likely you are covered when u wake up.

Maybe even do something to prevent the gangbanging that usually happens. Only two alliances can declare war on you and if that happens you can only hit those alliances but also only get hit by them? I think a reason for all the naps is because you pretty much know you'll be ganged up on if you stir things up
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2016, 22:58   #80
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Alliance DEF fleet only exists to compensate for PLed Attack Fleets and there is no reason for PLed Attack Fleets to exists if we want action and alliances competing.

Why pushes the game to be played at times when no one wants to play it?
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 01:30   #81
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post
Remove ally fleet. Increase counting members to 60. If you really want it to be 40 counting then make it avg score*40. Ally fleet launch + def planets and u'll never land.

I wouldn't mind at all if the counting limit was set to 60. Don't think anyone not playing full tag is actually going to try to win anyway.

Also the HC's should grow a pair of balls for next round. All agree no deals before tick 600 or until someone runs away with the whole thing. The napping going on the last few rounds is crazy. Just look at avg roidcount on the top alliances.

Personally I would remove pre-launch for attack and have +1 for ally def and +3 for ingal. I would even have inc apparing the min it launches. Ppl didn't start playing the game because it was so casual and so easy. It was the challange and reward for being active that was fun. No you can just set your ally fleet and go to bed and most likely you are covered when u wake up.

Maybe even do something to prevent the gangbanging that usually happens. Only two alliances can declare war on you and if that happens you can only hit those alliances but also only get hit by them? I think a reason for all the naps is because you pretty much know you'll be ganged up on if you stir things up
None of this will ever happen :-(

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 09:49   #82
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post

This is in the end what all has to do with. No roidloss is what ppl think this game is these days. "It hurts ally to go to war" is what I hear ppl say, has to be overkill.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 12:31   #83
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

score should be gained from attacking, cut back on xp from covert ops and defence. If you want to win you should attack!

Right now the best way to win as an alliance is farm and init with no incs.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 13:30   #84
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
score should be gained from attacking, cut back on xp from covert ops and defence. If you want to win you should attack!

Right now the best way to win as an alliance is farm and init with no incs.
why should attacking be more rewarding than defending?
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 14:24   #85
Clouds

Quote:
why should attacking be more rewarding than defending?
Because it's a war game maybe? With the current setup, everyone just naps each other and farms / initiates.

I don't see a lot of players finding that method fun or competitive.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 14:26   #86
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds
Because it's a war game maybe? With the current setup, everyone just naps each other and farms / initiates.

I don't see a lot of players finding that method fun or competitive.
defence is part of war too isn't it?
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 15:05   #87
[DDK]gm

well I will use benneh as example of defense for last round!!

genuine defence should be rewarded, maybe it should be tied to value of fleet defending and not 1 ship
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 16:39   #88
Clouds

Quote:
defence is part of war too isn't it?
With the current setup, alliances will just mass nap and initiate. Minimal effort required. Maybe Ultores and their bitch Rainbows is happy with that as you dominate, but it won't encourage anyone else to compete as it's just a nap/blocking game nowadays.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 16:43   #89
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds
With the current setup, alliances will just mass nap and initiate. Minimal effort required. Maybe Ultores and their bitch Rainbows is happy with that as you dominate, but it won't encourage anyone else to compete as it's just a nap/blocking game nowadays.
How is that related to what i said?
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 17:39   #90
Clouds

Quote:
How is that related to what i said?
I'm explaining that the game needs to reward you more when you attack rather than mass nap and initiate to win. An alliance like Ultores can just pre-round nap and already create a block if anyone dares to attack them, and they can cover the random incoming they have and initiate / farm to win. Do you honestly think that anyone else will compete against a strategy like that? Folk may compete more if there was more rewards for attacking.

EDIT: GM's opinion could be seen as being biased as his alliance is poor at defending, but so can yours because your alliance is superior at defending. But then you just need to look at the state of the game. With the current mechanics, no one is going to challenge you not when you have laughable alliances like p3n who backs off and surrenders after 1-2 days of being hit.

So obviously you're going to argue that defence needs to be a fundamental part of the game and it should equally be as rewarding as attacking because if the rewards of defence was nerfed and attacking gave people more incentive, then an alliance like Ultores wouldn't be able to utilise their strength efficiently.

People need to stop mass napping all the time. It's gay and damages the game. I mean look at the current round, there have been no proper wars and everyone is just farming.

Last edited by Clouds; 4 Sep 2016 at 17:50.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 17:42   #91
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you're rewarded more for attacking, why would you ever defend? If you're rewarded more for defending, why would you ever attack?

Both alternatives sound dreadful to me.

(I'm using defense and attack in the broadest possible sense, I am not referring just to the mission you give your fleets.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 17:56   #92
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

The game setup is partly to be blamed.
People said that the "40/60 counting" will help more alliances compete for winning, this didnt come true.

People said that the alliance defence fleet would help tags like ND/HR, this just simply isnt true as they are sinking without any hope on the ranking lists.

Offensive stats some retards said? It wont help ND/CT/HR win this round either.

When you asked half the univers what their plans was for the upcomming round at tick 24 most of em would say they intend to ruin the round for someone else.

Norse was gonna FC people, and they were gonna get back at RainbowS for hitting em last round.
NewDawn was gonna kill off Norse early on for causing them problem last round.
Asc/VORSHAFFAT was gonna kill the brazillians because they hit Benneh 20 rounds ago.
Illumination/Nelito was gonna give me heat for advicing people to stay away from his "alliance".
Unsullied was gonna take it easy as a small tag, and go for planet rankings.
Ultores wasnt realy playing, and they was no where near a full tag at tick start.
HR cant be called a alliance either this day with only 27 members.

P3nguins actualy said that BowS and P3ng would be the top contenders this round, therefor we would have to fight each other, wich was a quite nobel thing to admit/think that early on in this round. Im pretty sure they didnt expect Ultores to rise from the ashes, and outgrow em as soon as they did.

Unread 4 Sep 2016, 20:28   #93
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:

Asc/VORSHAFFAT was gonna kill the brazillians because they hit Benneh 20 rounds ago.

Don't remember that being the remit..

We intended to ruin...and ruining we are regardless of who it is 😜
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 20:29   #94
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
When you asked half the univers what their plans was for the upcomming round at tick 24 most of em would say they intend to ruin the round for someone else.

True in the first part, not exactly true in the second.

The hits are spot decisions by whoever decides to put time and effort into picking at a specific point in time. Of course, some alliances/galaxies/planets will be preferred to others simply because they pissed us off at one point or the other, but certainly not at tick 24.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 20:47   #95
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
True in the first part, not exactly true in the second.

The hits are spot decisions by whoever decides to put time and effort into picking at a specific point in time. Of course, some alliances/galaxies/planets will be preferred to others simply because they pissed us off at one point or the other, but certainly not at tick 24.
Well whatever reasons you may had, what i was trying to point out that for what ever reason a lot of alliances go into the round with a strategy arnt revolving around getting ranks or playing for tag win.
It would be the same if you had tags back before p2p consisting of 200 planets who was going around looking for someone random that they could "ruin", as Colt said, round.
Im sure that a psychiatrist would call such behaviour "anti sosial behaviour", but i wont go that far as this is just a game, and im sure you are having fun. And whoever is hit prolly had it comming for a long time anyway.

The whole point with my post was that changes in this game wich is suppose to make the game more "even" or competitive seems to give alliances less reasons to be doing "wars" or going for the win. Instead of taking "risks" or doing bold moves, the reciept for victory the last few rounds has been taking NAPs with small and big alliances so you dont get ganged up on.

Unread 4 Sep 2016, 21:48   #96
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Im sure that a psychiatrist would call such behaviour "anti sosial behaviour", but i wont go that far as this is just a game, and im sure you are having fun. And whoever is hit prolly had it comming for a long time anyway.
I completely agree with you, whoever is being hit certainly had it coming.

Also, fairly certain that anti-social behavior belongs in a game revolving around war and diplomacy. What most people don't understand is that the universe got so small and incestuous (to quote mz) that a tag win, for example, is not a worthwhile project anymore. It's a lot more fun and rewarding to ruin it for someone else.
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 22:11   #97
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Well whatever reasons you may had, what i was trying to point out that for what ever reason a lot of alliances go into the round with a strategy arnt revolving around getting ranks or playing for tag win.
It would be the same if you had tags back before p2p consisting of 200 planets who was going around looking for someone random that they could "ruin", as Colt said, round.
We have neither the man power or the will power to go for tag win, hence why we are playing the way we are...if we had the man power I'm sure we'd play differently...

The mechanics of the game won't alter how it is being played at this moment, the reason it is naptarion is because people in the top allies are too scared to lose what they have and so would rather play out the round bashing on the small alliances rather than take a risk and battle for #1....

The main protagonists of this at the moment are bows and ult. All this rubbish about backstabbing a friend etc is becoming boring, just admit you don't want to run the risk of losing and so would rather claim "honour" etc etc and settle for whichever position you finish due to who roids the small alliances best...

This is a war game after all....you get more respect for trying to win and failing than not trying and winning...
Ultores
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 22:34   #98
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
The mechanics of the game won't alter how it is being played at this moment, the reason it is naptarion is because people in the top allies are too scared to lose what they have and so would rather play out the round bashing on the small alliances rather than take a risk and battle for #1....

The main protagonists of this at the moment are bows and ult. All this rubbish about backstabbing a friend etc is becoming boring, just admit you don't want to run the risk of losing and so would rather claim "honour" etc etc and settle for whichever position you finish due to who roids the small alliances best...

This is a war game after all....you get more respect for trying to win and failing than not trying and winning...
At the moment RainbowS has no NAP with Ultores, and as far as i can see from JGPs on p3nguins, they dont have a full NAP either.
And if you looked at intel prior to pt400 you wouldve seen that Ult prolly hit BowS more than any other alliance out there.
ND/Asc is ptargetting BowS, VGN/Norse/Ult/illumination seems to be targetting p3ng more or less, and CT/HR is just "gal raiding".
Its easy to say that p3ng or BowS should hit Ultores when they are both experince 100 incs daily more or less allready.

p3nguins and BowS hit each other a lot in the first part of the round, when we were both the two top tags, Ultores took advantage of this and was able to build up roidlead/valuelead while others were fighting, wich is a natural part of the game.
Im under the impression that everyone should target Ultores from pt24 even though they are not in the lead?

Unread 4 Sep 2016, 23:12   #99
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
At the moment RainbowS has no NAP with Ultores, and as far as i can see from JGPs on p3nguins, they dont have a full NAP either.
And if you looked at intel prior to pt400 you wouldve seen that Ult prolly hit BowS more than any other alliance out there.
ND/Asc is ptargetting BowS, VGN/Norse/Ult/illumination seems to be targetting p3ng more or less, and CT/HR is just "gal raiding".
Its easy to say that p3ng or BowS should hit Ultores when they are both experince 100 incs daily more or less allready.

p3nguins and BowS hit each other a lot in the first part of the round, when we were both the two top tags, Ultores took advantage of this and was able to build up roidlead/valuelead while others were fighting, wich is a natural part of the game.
Im under the impression that everyone should target Ultores from pt24 even though they are not in the lead?
Before ults emo fest when they booted the ascs out for roiding cardi I had access to all ult regular attacks on their webby (not retals or day raids) and if you're suggesting that ult put loads on you then I can only think you had no other incs...there was no more than 2/3 bows on any ult raid prior to the emo 🙄
Ultores
Unread 4 Sep 2016, 23:45   #100
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Before ults emo fest when they booted the ascs out for roiding cardi I had access to all ult regular attacks on their webby (not retals or day raids) and if you're suggesting that ult put loads on you then I can only think you had no other incs...there was no more than 2/3 bows on any ult raid prior to the emo ��
I never claimed Ult put "loads" on anybody, im just debunking the idea that Ultores and BowS went into the round "prenapped". I compared our ult incs to CT at around ptX00, and they had infact hit us more than they had hit CT. Seeing we were the fattest alliance, that makes sense.

They climbed up the ranks by doing smart politics, and using the time while others were in fact fighting each other.