User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Feb 2007, 03:59   #1
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
In game arbi

I'm using the in game alliance tools a lot this round & what i'd really like is an in game arbiter added to alliance tools.

I'm thinking a drop down menu in galaxy view with a list of the alliance tags created in game & the ability to just click, select an alliance tag & assign it to a planet. Maybe a spot to add nicknames & comments too.

You'd need intelligence officer added to the alliance member status list & you'd need to be able to adjust who can see the tags, just like you can adjust who can see the little green alliance A.

An arbiter tab in the alliance menu where you can list all the planets you have assigned to each tag & see the total roids value & score you have assigned to each tag.

This would go a long way in making it possible to run a competitive alliance without needing outside tools.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 04:09   #2
MaverickPH
HC of Myth

MaverickPH is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Good idea

Gotta say from an intelligence stance it's a pretty good idea - obvious extension to the current "alliance member" tool - just not sure how much coding will be required is all

Unfortunately "A" is already used, as is "R", but maybe the other letters could be used to denote alliances ... having B C D next to planets would make it much easier for whomever to know where alliances are placed.

Suggest sticking the responsability on the current "PR officer" rank rather than adding a new rank.

I do foresee people bugging the admins for "can't we put notes in" or "how can we automatically switch tag B to tag C" and so forth - but that's for the future.

Sounds like a good plan to me - especially for small allies or allies without tech
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 04:21   #3
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: In game arbi

I doubt it would be hard to code - arbiters have been around since forever, and are pretty basic. Shouldn't be that hard to incorporate in the game either, but this, I of course know nothing about. It'd definitely be a useful feature. Why hasn't it been added before?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 05:31   #4
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

A feature where you can access the launch/incoming history page of members would be handy too, or at least basic tallies on incoming/outgoing coords with known ally info incorporated on the same table.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 03:20   #5
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

:-) I remembered suggesting this & seeing as its still not available I thought I'd bump it.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 03:33   #6
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I want this.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 04:52   #7
Kenny

this would definitely be good for the game.
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 05:30   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Having to have an "intel officer" to add this info is a good argument against it. Make it totally user friendly.

That being said, this is a basic function of alliance tech that after 29 rounds is STILL NOT incorporated into the game. Same with bcalcs.

Do it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 11:11   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Overall pro. As regards what cochese said there's no reason everyone can't be made an "intel officer" if the alliance so wishes.
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 15:23   #10
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

agreed
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 17:27   #11
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

signed

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 00:22   #12
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

lets move forward with this, it is a really good idea and agreed that it could really help out smaller alliances without the stand alone web systems that these major allies have already in place
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 00:44   #13
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

the alliance hc's have asked for this several times in our channel, ingame tools are useless without an arby/intel tool
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 13:56   #14
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Agreed
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 14:20   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Would be a very welcome addition to the ingame tools , but it could be a while before anything is done bout it so until then any ally without an arbiter will just have to use common sense for their intel gatherin
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 16:10   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

The ingame alliance tools could do with an overhaul, along with this.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 09:59   #17
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Or we just do it properly and flag alliances right next to each planet, like a couple of other successful games do (f.e. Travian).
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 16:57   #18
Baba

Baba is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea for smaller alliances.

Free bump.

Bump
Bump
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 19:41   #19
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

as much as it seems simple, there are issues with tagging and arbiters ingame that you may not have thought about.

If you tag a planet and it moves, where you have attached your tag matters, to track a planets movement through the universe you have to attach the tag to something constant, that would be the ruler or planet name or both, if you do not then when the planet exiles you will end up with false information, this tagging would have to be individual to each alliance, essentially creating a database for each alliance that no other alliance could see, unless you are advocating that once a planet is tagged it becomes public knowledge, in which case you would have alliances false tagging to create chaos.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:37   #20
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
If you tag a planet and it moves, where you have attached your tag matters, to track a planets movement through the universe you have to attach the tag to something constant
User id.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
essentially creating a database for each alliance that no other alliance could see
It would possibly be a new table, but nothing as heavy as a new database.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 20:40   #21
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Ok user id could be tagged yes, i didnt think of that .
I dont see how a table would work.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 20:55   #22
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I guess if a planet is tagged it is transfered into a table on another page. On that page you can then perform grouping etc, or maybe some autogrouping into a table on another page... something like that I imagine it to be.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote