User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:57   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
How is the shuffle undertaken?

Just curious, but what criterea is used to shuffle the planets?

Is it pure Random?

Are planets shuffled according to score/value race ?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 17:37   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: How is the shuffle undertaken?

its shuffled so that there is as close as possible to an equal score distribution across all galaxies.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 17:52   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
its shuffled so that there is as close as possible to an equal score distribution across all galaxies.
lol
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 18:53   #4
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

If that were true then there would not be a top 50 that is/has a majority of paid planets in it and have markedly higher score than the rest of the galaxies.

Hate to say this, but have some players got undue infuence over where they land up and who with ?
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 18:56   #5
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I thought the smaller (scorewise) got the better randoms etc?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:34   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

i thought big gals get good randoms & bad gals get bad randoms

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 19:01   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
i thought big gals get good randoms & bad gals get bad randoms
there are no good gals and bad gals before a shuffle are there.

I gave a simplified explanation of what the shuffle is designed to do without going into the detailed mechanics.

Buddy packs are shuffled into the new galaxies.

Thoose galaxies who have the fewest planets in at this stage get filled first with paid randoms until all galaxies have equal number of planets.

Paid randoms are then shuffled in equally.

Thoose galaxies that still have the fewest planets get first choice of the free randoms who are shuffled by score.

Then all galaxies get the free randoms shuffled backwards and forward by score.

The paid randoms are not shuffled by score as it is deemed that if someone has paid that early then chances are they are going to be reasonably active.

The full shuffler is:
exile_unpaid_smalls();
prepare();
distribute_buddy_packs();
distribute_paid_randoms();
distribute_unpaid_smalls();
distribute_unpaid_randoms();
move_pateam();
randomize_galaxies();
randomize_within_galaxies();
clusterise();
move_exiles_back();
bring_fleets_home();
tidy_politics();
tidy_galaxy_tbl();
rename_planets();
fix_messages();

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 23:20   #8
Halogen
-Haldir-

Halogen is an unknown quantity at this point

o no, i seem to have gone cross-eyed
Regard your good name as the richest jewel you can possibly be possessed of, for credit is like fire; when once you have kindled it you may easily preserve it, but if you once extinguish it, you will find it an arduous task to rekindle it again. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
-Socrates-

Hope is a waking dream.
-Aristotle-
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 00:36   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

(This is all very convincing, really we make a santa-type list of "naughty" and "nice" and spend the first 2 days sorting out who deserves to go in which gal. it's why there were so many staff members around my house at the weekend :P)
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 02:20   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

move_exiles_back();
-------------------
why moving back inactive unpaid planets ? Having planets with 0 roids (or 3) after shuffle is really what bothers me.
Exiled inactives should be reintroduced only when they show some activity.
There could be an option (when you're in C200) like 'reactivate my planet', there would be no cost involved but a minimum of initiated roids would be required before the planet is moved back to the playing universe.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 11:26   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge

Hate to say this, but have some players got undue infuence over where they land up and who with ?
No
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 12:06   #12
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
If that were true then there would not be a top 50 that is/has a majority of paid planets in it and have markedly higher score than the rest of the galaxies.

strange isnt it? i get an x-files feeling with the moves our so called unbias admins handles stuff
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 13:16   #13
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can be such an idiot it's unimaginable. It's like you have a compulsive need to add something pointless and negative to every thread. You do realise that's borderline pathological, right?

Also, mayhaps you should check with your HC about who owns the current top galaxy.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:29   #14
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
(This is all very convincing, really we make a santa-type list of "naughty" and "nice" and spend the first 2 days sorting out who deserves to go in which gal. it's why there were so many staff members around my house at the weekend :P)

It's a conspiracy I knew it, I knew it !!!

Ha !!

Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:50   #15
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
You can be such an idiot it's unimaginable. It's like you have a compulsive need to add something pointless and negative to every thread. You do realise that's borderline pathological, right?

Also, mayhaps you should check with your HC about who owns the current top galaxy.
Agreed, robban's constant insinuation of conspriacy in the PA team ranks has become both tiresome and overstated.

However, I don't hink it really matters which gal is top at the minute, it is only tick 90-somthing after all.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:57   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As a past winner of PA, current forum supermod and previous member of PAteam having had to exile five times this round I'd say no.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 16:29   #17
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
As a past winner of PA, current forum supermod and previous member of PAteam having had to exile five times this round I'd say no.
But you won, thus you must have cheated
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 18:31   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
But you won, thus you must have cheated
Only on your mum with your sister dear.