User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 09:31   #1
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Gunsmoke over the west

Gunsmoke....obviously i nicked the name but it was the best I could come up with, because it sure is going to be a lot of gunsmoke

Ok peeps, if you want to play in this thread please write your char in the setup thread, the people that already has written it down.

Welcome to the frontier!

The sun is blazing down with a generous amount of heat onto the rocks and sand of the desert, the company of bountyhunters, soldiers, fortuneseekers and general outlaws are homing in on the town of "Barzana", a small, mostly spanishspeaking town in the middle of nowhere, it's population surviving from the rich copperfindings in the area, and the people that come here because of it.

The town has a south/north main street with a saloon, The Dry Duck, a brothel Dancing mermaids, a sheriffsoffice and a decent hotel Sleeping beauty, and a east/west main street with a nice shop, a barberer, a blacksmith and a telegraph station.

Were the two streets meet there is a well and generally a few travelling merchants, trying to sell or buy whatever they can.

Just east of the town there is a small creek, and by it people keep their kettle, a few cows, a couple of horses and some sheep and a goat.

The towns mains streets are sourrounded by a few buildings of various quality, and a couple of miles to the south you can see the big farms were almost a hundred people live. The town has gained a lot of money from the miners, but it also has suffered. A couple of thugs have taken over, and the sheriff don't really seem to be doing anything to stop it, and the rumours of the railroad coming to town has also brought people, trying to buy the land as cheap as possible, to sell it to the railroad.

You can all come as a group or by yourselves, but the mainattractions to the town are:

*Bounty for the thugs, myabe they are wanted someplace else?

*That the sheriff ain't really doing anything is way out of order, could he be replaced?

*RAILROAD=MONEY!!!!!!!

*Copper, ain't that money aswell

*Various personal motives.

Welcome, to the town of Barzana!
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 16:53   #2
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Riding his way into town, a rather ragged and unkempt looking horse slwoly trots along. Sitting on top of this dwindeling beast a rather unimposing figure not looking partically out of the ordinary, a grim dull smile plastered across his face showing little intrest of where he is or even where he is going.

The clink of his rifle strappeda cross his back as its butt knocks against a holstred revolver, slouching down rubbing his hand across his face. Coming to sas stop letting the wind rustle past his shortly cut hair, glancing up at wherre he is revelaing almost glowing blue eyes. Sliding of with a practiced stance about him, drops feet first down the the dust ground reaching across o tie his horse up taking a bag drapped across its back.

Now standing to his full height looking over this town with unintrest muttering to himself
"Ill have to get you replaced, whatb i get for buying a cheap horse."
The tone of his voice enough for anyone to tell he had been traveling for a while without rest as this strnager now looks upon his new sourndings at last
"Where do i have myself strapped now then?"
not really expecting an answer to his question.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:44   #3
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
You don't receive a answer to your question but from the sheriffs office a man emerges, the sparce population looks away from him, the man sweeping the street seems to be carefull not to get any dust on him.

When he closes in on you you see that he carries the mark of a deputy.

"Howdy stranger"

He is scarred from battles long ago but is still able to present a grim smile

"Are ya planning to stay long?"

He has his hand on the revolver holstered by his side, and he seems to be trying to figure you out.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:06   #4
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point
*He was bored. Every merchant journey was the same. It paid money, and the trip was good, but the waiting at each town drove him to insanity. He turned from grooming his horse for the fifth time, it being too early for the bar, and watched the deputy walk out of the office. A decent guy, and better than the Sheriff, in his opinion. Not someone to get the wrong side off either, if he judged correctly. The other man he hadn't seen before, but had a look about him that made Jerle wary. Time to stand back and reconotire the situation. Jerle manuvered himself so he could groom his horse and watch the exchange, and waited to see what happened.*

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 23:32   #5
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Looking at the man treying to figure him out, his eyes glancing up and down spotting the revovler, noticing his badge. his mind ticking voer find this all rather dull but sighing to himself, holding back his curses.
"I dont eman to sound ignorant or anyhting when i say this but I dont see how that matter of business concerns you, but ill answer regardless"
Theres a tone of anoyance fainly hidden within his voice other than that he voice gnetle rigns forth
"Im stuck here for moment sicen my horse is how shall i say it voer the hill, so not a lot i can do about it but try to salavge somthing from it."
Looking deeply and a gentle sharmistic smile of innocnet radinting from his face. A relalasiton dawning within his mind his tone become more freidnly and open
"Sya freind I dont suppose you know of any places somone could ge trest around here ive been traveling hard as to get here before my horse give in, so as you could understand it doesnt leave much room to grab sleep now sure you know some good discounts and that now being in such an important postion and all?"
His smile beaming forth his voice full of a undestinagble false and cold freindniless a slight sly wink at the deputy in joking manner.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 02:44   #6
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
*Propping one leg against the wall, she leaned against the side wall of the sheriffs office. Her hand raised, holding a small mirror in her palm, watching the figures of the deputy sheriff and the stranger, while slowly playing with a few loose hairs. Seeming inconspicious to all that could see her, her focus is directed to the discussion between the two.

She had come to town a few days before, slipping into town on a stagecoach that stopped in the town for the night. In disguise as a random travelor. Cringing a little as her mind wandered for a moment to the dress she wore during the last few days. It just wasn't for her, but the disguise got the job done. The rumors were right, the sheriff was worthless. It made her sick just thinking about how a lawman could fall to such shame. Only thing worse than a corrupt sherrif was a yellow-bellied one.

Sighing a little, her mind focusing back on the conversation. Listening to the just as worthless deputy practically threaten the stranger who showed no real threat to the town... not with those thugs in charge...Sighing once more, she slips the mirror back into her pocket, adjusts her marshall star and takes a step around the corner. Giving a little sneer at the deputy and no real acknolagment to the stranger, she makes herself known.*

"So you can spend your time hassling travellers but can't do anything about the criminals running your town?"

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 07:04   #7
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Gryffin See what i post for Darkling, welcome btw

The rental stables are just outside the "citycore", a large wooden house with huge doors. You might even park your wagon there if you have the money.

Darkling The deputy hums, but seems to decide that friendliness will get you off the street in the shortest time possible.

"Yeah you can stay at The Dry Duck if you aren't to bad of a friend with those small animals that can' make it itch', or you can get a real room att the hotel or maybe even at the brothel, but if I were you I would dissapear up to those miners quickest possible. People 'ere don't like strangers ya know"

He bends a bit backwards streching his back out. But he still has his hand awfully close to the revolver. But at the next time he almost jumps up, as a female voice is heard behind him.
(see dragonsjem)
Dragonsjem The deputy doesn't spin around, he is a trained proffesional, but he let's go of the gun.

"Ma'am, he is armed and might be considered dangerous, now let me do my job, and you can do yours ok?"
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 09:03   #8
Darkling

Smilling as the female oficer comes across, the realisation of the scenerio unfolding within his mind but not saying a thing for now. Finaly waiting untill she speaks.
"If i may interject your subortinet here was introducing himself, if you could call it that. Although im an obsercvant perosn and your hands rather to clsoe to your revovler to say otherwise, now im not one to intrude upon the affairs of others so perhaps I should simple be on my way and you wont notice im here? and you can simple sort this matter out between yourselfs?"
His accent undeniable now his face oddly radiant but a harshness within his voice hidden under its calm.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 15:23   #9
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
<Commense lone ranger-type music now>

Clop, clop, clop, clop...

*Moving slowly through the sunbaked main street of the small town of Barzana is a weary traveller. On top of his dusty steed the man sits in a relaxed yet straight posture as his dark eyes scan the surroundings. There doesn't seem to be much activity.

Hewitt casts his eyes forward and spots a man on horse standing in the crossroads with another two people. From the not-so-happy looks on their faces it's apparent they're not out in the full blazing mid-western sun to discuss something inane like how great the weather is.

Since these people are between him and his destination a small inquiry shouldn't hurt. After all he might as well get some practice in - the dispatch from Washington in his saddlebag made certain he would be doing this kind of thing more often. He didn't urge his mount from it's slow plodding pace however.*

Mornin' folks. What seems to be the problem 'ere?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 15:37   #10
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

[ooc] Hehe, it's not my wagon - I'm just a guard, which is why I have nothing to do. [ooc]

*Jerle chuckles to himself as the two marchals appear as if from no-where the moment the Deputy starts trying to put the screws on the stranger. It must really be his bad day. Now all he needs is the Sherriff to pop out of the Jail House, and put him on some gawd awful duty for the rest of the day. Like guarding the well, or something equally out in the heat. Looking up to see where the sun was, Jerle sighed. Too late today, they wouldn't be starting till the next day, at least. Probably not for a few weeks. His merchant, he couldn't remember the name right now, was waiting for another shipment of ore or something, and then would leave to seel that and buy food. The railroad approaching would force up the prices of everything. He looks back towards the little group gathering in the middle of the street, and watches to see what the marchals do about the Deputy.*

Unread 17 Aug 2003, 20:04   #11
Darkling

Seeming a little flustered by all the attention sighs to himself, his hand shakinly heading towards his rifle. Quiuckly placing it in his pocket taking a few depe breathes any anger that was around him seeming to evaporate isnatntly
"well im not one to get flustered by sich events, buit ive not had propper sleep for at least a few days so my patience isnt up to handlign much. But this seems to be matter not reallyu consering me so im just going to stand over here okay and if need me just call. The name is Henry dont heisate to call"
Simple smiles with a calm look about him leans agsint a a support post, within ears distance not far from the group really. His eyes closed tight muttering just loud enough for otehr to hear, idle chating to himself
"That was to close you need more sleep Henry yoiu nearly done it again"
His voice trialing of to slight mubbles before falling into a pit of silence his eys remaing closed tight brresahting slowly in a regualr pattern.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 06:25   #12
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Ärketrollmannen
Dragonsjem The deputy doesn't spin around, he is a trained proffesional, but he let's go of the gun.

"Ma'am, he is armed and might be considered dangerous, now let me do my job, and you can do yours ok?"
Smirking a little, Nellie gives the stranger and his horse a quick once over. Letting out a small short laugh then sighs.

"A man who is riding a beast like that isn't going to be a threat. Have you ever known an outlaw to not steal the best? It's a matter of pride among scoundrals..or haven't you been doing this job long enough to know the difference?"

*Hesitating for a moment, she's about to continue when the sound of the hoof beats become closer. Leaning back against the building as she hears a familiar voice, her hand trailing up to brush a few hairs out of her face once more. Smiling, she continues.*

"And as for your second request. I am doing my job....Isn't that right Marshall Hewitt?"*Looking up now to face the new arrival.*

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 17:01   #13
Darkling

Hears the comment about the horse and glares at the female mershal for few second, nothing hositle about his look or angry just a simple disaproving whimper almost
"Do you mind that thing is all I could really afford, im little tight on money at the moment. its not easy when you have no real income."
Shutting up promtply closes his eyes and stands in sielnce once more the tone of his vocie just now a little arogant but nothing dangerous about it yet.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 17:14   #14
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
*Hewitt gives the stranger a once over with his eyes and then turns back to the part of deputies, allowing himself to smile as his partner acknowledges his arrival.*

That you are Miss Nellie and a fine job of it too, but leave the poor man alone - I'm certain he has a right to be somewhat suspicious of newcomers what with the crime wave and all.

*Hewitt turns to the man and tries to get an idea of want kind of man this deputy is. You would be surprised how much you could learn about a person by watching and talking to them for a few minutes.*

So your the deputy in these parts? Well deputy sherriff I am as you just heard US Marshall Hewitt and this fine spirited lady 'ere is Deputy Marshall Johnson.

*Hewitt's smile disappears.*

We need to have a talk with your boss son. Where is he?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 05:10   #15
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

*Seeing this situation is out of her hands for the moment, Nellie sighs and mumbles mostly to herself, but not really caring if any hear, almost hoping the others do*

"I'll leave the poor man alone when he starts doing his job and giving the law a bad name. And there wouldn't be a crime wave if he got rid of the criminals already here when they showed up.*

*Nellie forces a smiles and nods in acknolagement at her introduction, then goes back to her thoughts. Sighing once again, she glances toward the stranger, giving him the once over again, wondering about his strange accent. He's a curious one alright. she ponders*

Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:49   #16
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts
ooc: whoops, almost forgot.../ooc

strolling trough the streets of this old town, Tenderbear eyed the white men with a mixture of mistrust and disgust in his eyes. They had not given him many reasons to like them, so he didn't... infact, if it wasn't for the rumours, he wouldn't have entered this town in the first place, but he just couldn't allow himself to pass this opportunity... he had to check it out.

carefully eyeing a deputy, he walked into a bar...

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 20:02   #17
Darkling

Henry simple leanign there still mostly staying silent occasionly opening his eyes and taking an interested look about him. Catching the female marshall stare at him mmetruly, stares back in a peculiar not admirng or distrusting more consierng somthing, clsoing his eyes once more
"Be wary where you lay your eyes, they betray what one is thinking if one knows what to look for."
His voice ringing clear, in gentle and calm manner his accent somhow seeming strogner when he seems like this, finger soflty tapping the barrel of his rifle letting its butt rest on the ground.
"Such a troublsome start from such an incognificant place ahrdly worth my time"
An aura of arogance about him at time mutteirng to himself.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:29   #18
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*A lone figure sat upon his horse, looking at the town from a distance. This was a place where he could lie low for a while. This was a place where they hadn't heard of him yet. News didn't move faster than he. And he knew it. He could get at least a month's rest here before news of him reached the town and he'd have to move on.*

*thump*

*The horses hooves pounded the ground as it strode up the rode*

*thump*

*Dust was stirred up as the heavy footfalls of the horse slammed into the ground. People looked out of their houses at the new person riding into the town. He was dressed all in black. And his clothes matched his horse*

*thump*

*People stared at this newcomer. He was obviously trouble. They could sense it. The rider looked at the people, who stared back. Some disappeared back into their houses. Others continued to watch. The rider stopped his horse outside the blacksmith and dismounted. The blacksmith watched him tentively.*

"Reshoeing?"

*The man nodded at the blacksmith's question, then left the horse to the blacksmith, as he walked over the the saloon, and walked in. The sound of his boots clumping on the wooden floor of the saloon was all that could be heard as the man walked up to the bar. This man had trouble following him and everyone could tell. But they wouldn't touch him. They didn't want to be part of that trouble aswell when it hit. The man took a seat at the far end of the bar and ordered a drink. He sat quietly, watching the people in the saloon, while he slowly drank his drink. Trouble was going to come soon. And he wanted to be ready when it did*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 21:38   #19
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Jerle takes his horse back into the stable, and walks into the bar to listen to the gossip, and hopefully find something interesting to do for a week or two till the caravan leaves again. He sees a few newcomers enter the salon just before him, and decides to idle near them, as they would have the latest news and would be willing to tell it.*

Unread 22 Aug 2003, 10:25   #20
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
The sun was high in the sky as WST's waggon rolled along the dusty road into the small town, the old horse plodding on, it's legs feeble and slow. WST sat with the long black whip in his hand and his bow slung over his back, conscious of the rumours of the approaching town. He could hold his own, and wasn't afraid of a fight, but he knew that he couldn't take on an entire town, and therefore he was a little nervous, the sweat running down his forehead a mix of heat and anxiety. He brushed his hand against the hilt of the dagger in his ankle pouch, reassuring himself that it was still there.

"Dad..."

he called into the wagon, where his father rested

"...do we have to come here, you know what they say?"

WST's 44 year-old father came out of the waggon, his bald head reflecting the sun, causing WST to squint.

"Of course we do"

the man said, examining his rifle with a distracted expresssion

"danger is danger, but we need the business, and besides, we're on a streak here."

He referred to the three men that had attempted to attack the waggon two days before. WST had pierced one of the men's skulls before they were anywhere near the cart, and before the other two had time to respond, his father had shot them both dead.

WST chuckled at the memory, and his left hand absent mindedly stroked his bow, his right holding the reigns and his whip.

"We're nearly there"

He called to his father, who had gone back inside. The houses grew larger and the sun hotter, as the duo continued their approach.

[ooc] sorry i'm late, computer is bust, i'm in the library atm. should get it back soon [/ooc]
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 19:49   #21
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkling
Henry simple leanign there still mostly staying silent occasionly opening his eyes and taking an interested look about him. Catching the female marshall stare at him mmetruly, stares back in a peculiar not admirng or distrusting more consierng somthing, clsoing his eyes once more
"Be wary where you lay your eyes, they betray what one is thinking if one knows what to look for."
His voice ringing clear, in gentle and calm manner his accent somhow seeming strogner when he seems like this, finger soflty tapping the barrel of his rifle letting its butt rest on the ground.
"Such a troublsome start from such an incognificant place ahrdly worth my time"
An aura of arogance about him at time mutteirng to himself.
*Giving a snide glare at the stranger she mutters loud enough for him to hear, glad she's far enough away from the marshall and deputy for them not to*
"I really don't care if you know what i'm thinking. In fact I'd be glad if you do cause you'll know I don't like outsiders and you're as much of an outsider as I've ever seen around these parts."
*Her voice raising in volume as she spoke, snapping at him at the end, while letting her fingers slide down slowly to her hips, hovering just above her pistols.*

Unread 22 Aug 2003, 20:01   #22
Darkling

Henry keeping his eyes closed his ahnds mvoinga t dazling speed almost chucking his rifle up in the air, cathcing it as it start fall down and cokcing it in that signel catch alsting a few seconds. Starring at the marshall now finger upon the trigger of his but reliable rifle.
"This is a sharps rifle its simple but will keep on going for years, and it siuts me jsut fine with my style of life."
His eyes shpowing not flicker of emtoion, as if staring in the face of an unmvoing doll, whos lips are being maniluated by its master
"I could fire this and hit you squre between the eyes at this distnce in seconds, you may manage to get a shot out but thats aprt gamble out her isnt it. Not knowing what going to happen next if going live through the day ro see the next sunrise. Ive killed enough to earn my place in hell a few more wont matter"
A grim smile growing across his face enjoying this momvnet of tension
"These momemts really get my heaert beating makes my life intresting"
Dropping the rfile as quickly as he aimed it flign it across his shoudler
"But there wont be any deaths today, id like decent meal, and a place that not ahrd as rock to lay my head before that. Reminds me of home I suppsoe tedious as it was"
Clsoign his eyes once more stadning therea s if nothing had happened
"Outsider or not im here to stay lvie with it, really people out here think everyhting revolves around them and i thought i had an attitude"
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 03:38   #23
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Marshall Hewitt pokes the Barzana deputy.*

Son? You 'ere me son? Hello?

ooc: Damn it Ark where are you?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 05:38   #24
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

*Nellie kept a close eye on the stranger, following every motion, through all his showing off, her fingers never moving nor any expression crossing her face, masking her heart beating a little quicker as he aimed his rifle at her. Her past had made her really unafraid of death, she practically embraced it, but any semi-sane person has to react at that very moment the grim reaper could be tapping you on the shoulder...and this man could very well be that cloaked figure in disguise crossed her mind in those few seconds.

Continuing to stare at the stranger, a silent sigh of relief escapes her pursed lips as he lowers the rifle, her expression still remaining the same for a moment. A small grin emerges at the corner of her mouth as she leans back against a porch post*

"The deputy already addressed your other requests if I remember correctly. Dancing Mermaids can give ya a pretty good rest, if the noise doesn't bother ya from what i've experienced."

*Glancing at the stranger's horse again she continues*

"But if that bag of bones is your state of affairs, looks like you're stuck at The Dry Duck. Now why don't ya get your stuff and get on yar way"

Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:57   #25
Darkling

Shrugigng of her vold glnces and her obivous enjoment of the situation
"Id rather not spend a minute in that nest of harpies, vultures everyone one of them, but as you say perhaps we will meet again, perhaps not who knows."
Coutnering her comment back with his own
"And a word of advice always watch your back you neevr know who's a freind orwhos an enemy. The ony one you cna trust is yourself"
Holding the butt of the rifle starts to stride away from the group heading not to Saloon or the brothel rathing but slipping his way towards the inn. A few glances to his sides tyo avoid the occasional person, feeling the eyes of wathcer by bore into his skin but oaying no heed to them.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:08   #26
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

*Nellie just stands there, leaning lazily against the post, watching the stranger depart from the corner of her eye, the grin growing a little as she ponders... Aye, stranger, we'll meet again, of that I am sure as friend or as foe, and i'll be waiting....she's practically smiling now as her thoughts continue as she watches him disappear into the hotel....A very curious man indeed.

Standing up a little straighter, she glances toward the marshall and deputy sheriff, trying to gage the progress of getting to see the Sheriff..No doubt off with the very criminals he's supposed to be stopping. Her normal scowl returns at that thought.*

Last edited by dragonsjem; 23 Aug 2003 at 14:17.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 17:30   #27
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST looks over the town as the waggon trundels on through the street. On the road ahead there seems to be some sort of scene, a few people are standing around looking important. WST gauges quickly the people who are carrying the authority, before calling out loudly.

"Excuse me, i hate to be rude and all, but is there anywhere where i can get my horse seen to, he's exhausted. And the inn too please. Anyone?"
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 18:12   #28
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
No Dachi wasn't particularly excited to see the silhouettes of buildings on the far horizon that signified his soon-arrival at a settlement of some kind. He had water and rations to spare, having had the good luck to come across a spring some miles back, and about the only thing these far-west towns had to offer apart from food and water were prostitutes. With No Dachi being his father's son, he was set on edge by the very idea of such women. In fact, all the town really meant was that he might be forced to hold some kind of interaction with the local scum, a prospect that did little to improve his already flagging mood. He hated the frontier, detested it with a passion. Miles of wasteland and desert with the majority of its inhabitants being either outlaws, Indians or odd folk who'd moved west because they didn't fit in with ordinary folk. The last town he'd come across - town being a rather severe overstatement - had been mostly Spanish speaking. Why in the hell he'd been ordered into the southwest was beyond him, and his orders had been pretty loose. Explore, report, etc. Suddenly, he remembered something that frontier towns were good for. Strong spirits...

Within a dozen minutes or so, his horse was wearily plodding its way through the two outermost buildings of the town's 'main street'. The Lieutenant is relieved when the first two inhabitants of the settlement he spots - two children playing on the front door of the house on the right hand side of the road - appear to be Mexican. He'd been worried about running in to some kind of Mormon town. Having been through a good deal of towns very much like this one, No Dachi was well aware that the inn was going to be the biggest building there, and so makes a beeline for it, still mounted. Whilst en-route, and much to his annoyance, he spots the town's deputy. His sense of duty battled head-on with his desire for alcohol, and wins. No Dachi urges his horse into a slightly faster lazy-walk that takes him over to the deputy. Since the man appears to be in conversation with some other fellows, No Dachi decides to wait around for a while. By God it was hot this far south...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 20:38   #29
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Jerle wanders out of the Saloon, still bereft of something to occupy him, when he see's WST's wagon stop, and WST call for help. As he had nothing else to do, he walks to within shouting distance, and calls WST to follow him. He then guides them through the town to the Stables, where his horse and the merchant's wagons were. He watches them unhitch the wagon, and hangs around to see what news they have of back East.*

Unread 24 Aug 2003, 21:05   #30
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST, prefering to accept charity rather than challenge it, followed the man, who introduced himself as Jerle, through the streets, keeping his old horse in check with light taps of the whip.

When they arrive at the stables, WST gives his horse a last one over, before handing him over to the stableboy, a skulky 15 year-old with his two front teeth missing, and makes sure that his waggon will be secure. WST looks at Jerle, a hundred questions about the alien town on the tip of his tongue. He selects carefully.

"Where can we get a drink around here. then we'll talk"

Before Jerle can answer, WST's father appears out of the back of the waggon.

"Find out what you can about the town,....." He says in his husky authoritative voice. "I'll find the inn and get us a room, i'm not sleeping in that bloody waggon one night longer"

With that, he strides off, looking at the stableboy like he would regard a spot on the end of his nose. WST turned back to Jerle..

"sorry, that drink?"
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 22:48   #31
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Jerle smiles at WST, and nods.*

"Right. You can get a drink at the Saloon, or at the Inn, or at the brothel, but they expect you to purchase other services as well, if you know what I mean. I sugest the Saloon, as it's right next door, and are slightly cheaper than the Inn."

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 23:25   #32
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

"The saloon it is"

replied WST, before heading off next to Jerle, checking his pockets for money.

"this looks like a pretty dangerous town, am i ok to sell my stuff here, or do i need to clear the way with some unofficial leaders first?"
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:06   #33
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO People!

I am back from my vacation and guess what I find, a somewhat lovely thread, so buckle up as I read through this and we will be on our way!

dangerous scene involving a deputy ( Hewitt, Darkling, Dragonsjem and more people?)

The people standing around relax when the weapons are taken away and start moving around.

The deputy turns around shrugging to Hewitt

"What?" As he sees him he almost looks like he is going to apologice for the rude manners but he hesitates and lets it go.

"Sheriff Mariott is out of town right now, investigating theft of kettle out by the farmers, can I help you?"

Saloon Crazyboy is greeted by two men who sit down on the other side of the table.

"care for a game of cards?"

As they sit down they oogle the place

"We need a fourth man don't ya think?"

The first man says. He doesn't seem to be armed and is slightly better dressed than the other people.

The other man, a taller, more muscular man with two nasty scars in his face nods. With a clear southern accent he shouts out

"Anyone wanna join?"

Immedietly everyone turns away, seemingly afraid to be pointed out. The door to the saloon swings up and in comes WST and Gryffin, and zappa is all alone on the floor, were everyone the moment before were standing around. The room is silent.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:54   #34
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy slowly sat up straight, from where he was bent over his drink. He raised his head, looking at the two men who would distrube his quiet drink. Crazy sighed and rolled his eyes as they challenged him to a game of cards. He had been hoping that trouble wouldn't have found him this quickly, but alas, it had a habit of turning up when not wanted.*

*Crazy was silent as the two men sat, then grinned*

"Sure. I'll play."

*Crazy then carefully stabs the knife that he was toying with into the table by his right hand. He then shouts across to the two men who just entered*

"One of you guys up for a game? Common. Join us. We're about to start"

*Crazy then grinned at the two men opposite him. This might actually be fun for once*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:01   #35
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

The two men grin widely, the first man showing off an row of white perfect teeth and the other a yellow desintegrating row.

"So, are you new in town?"

The welldressed man starts shuffling the cards
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 05:28   #36
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Trouble with cattle rustlers eh?

*Hewitt gets off his horse and is about to say something when he spots the town saloon for the first time. After such a long trip he could sure use a drink.*

I really do need to talk with the sherriff son. So if you really want to help me you and Deputy Marshall Johnson 'ere should go out and fetch 'im for me.

*Hewitt turns his head over to the saloon and nods.*

I'll wait in there for ya to return. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go and soak this dust storm in my throat.

*And with that, Hewitt secures his horse to one of the posts outside the sherriff's office and heads for The Dry Duck.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:36   #37
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

And as usual the Dry Duck is full of life, altough it is rather silent as of now.

One of the tables is occupied by three hardboiled men and the others seem weary
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:41   #38
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST looks nervously over at Jerle, without his bow he was largely defenceless, the small dagger in his ankle pouch being little help over a determined attacker. In his mind, WST quickly plays over scenarios, deciding whether it would be more dangerous to accept their offer, or refuse it. Nervously he smiles, and then calls out, his voice quivering.

"I'm afraid my friend and I need to talk over some urgent business, which cannot wait. How about some other time?"

WST waits for the reply, his feet stuck to the ground and his adams apple in his mouth. As a deadly silence fills the air, another man enters the bar. Rarely had someone entered a bar with such poor timing, albeit probably not for WST and Jerle, who stood seperated from the 3 card players by the newcomer.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:45   #39
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

"Heh, I figured, you reddies cannot even grasp the meaning of this game, let alone win a round. Can'ya?"
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:41   #40
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt takes in the situation quickly. Quite obviously by the way everyone was avoided the offer of the men at the card table it was very obvious that they well very much involved in the brutal crime wave currently present in Barzana glancing over at the two indians nervously but nicely trying to refuse the mans ofter, Hewitt grins and then turns back to the table.*

What better opportunity to get started in my investigations?

I'll take that spare chair if you be happy to give 't to me.

*Hewitt walks arcoss the quiet saloon towards the men, making certain they had full view of his duel colt peacemakers.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:47   #41
Darkling

Can i have reply consering me pelase since left the scene a while back adn ehaded to the inn?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:47   #42
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"New in town.... new in town... yes yes. You could say that. Yes I'm new in this town."

*Crazy then turned to watch as a man takes up the invitation to join the card game*

"Ah. Looks like we have our fourth player. Care to tell us what the game will be."

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:41   #43
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Saloon

The gentleman nods to Hewitt as he sits down (can they see any marks of your proffesion?) and the grunt next to him spits out the word "Poker" in the blink of an eye.

The gentleman adresses the entire table

"So what are we betting?"

Darkling

The inn is somewhat off the center of the town, situated just north of the mainstreetcrossing, it is a rather decent place of dining with ok prices.

Dachi Do you want some Dming? If you read what i wrote to the other people you can see what the deputy does.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:03   #44
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Other than the guns, no I guess not.

*Hewitt pulls a roll of greenbacks - just over $100 worth.*

This good enough for ya?

(I assume $100 was a fair amount back then?)

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:39   #45
Darkling

Casually glancing back at whole scene with the troublsome deupty
"Idiot"
Mutter in low growl almost, his rifle flung onto his shoudler in relxed manner, stridding into the inn and looking down at where the reception lies, a dull look upon his face for the moment, not really caring where he was ending up.
"You whatever your name is how much for room and food?"
A manner about him that showed a supiroty over the receptonist that was before him, his gun casauly held by its butt the barrel poitng behind him spralled on his shoudler.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 21:42   #46
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Jerle nods as WST speaks, and silently walks over to the bar. As he sits down he orders two drinks. As WST sits down beside him, he leans over, and speaks quietly.*

"Quick thinking, nice work. Those guys I was told about by the stablehand. Bad news, bad news indeed. Speaking of which, whats the news from beyond this place. I've been here for a few days, but I'm just a guard for the merchant train I'm with, and I'm bored until it decides to leave. Could be weeks. However, I don't think the owner of my train had to go through anything to sell, but you can ask the bartender."

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:00   #47
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

"In the last few days we've been attacked several times, outlaws are in charge of the deserts, you need to be ready for them. Past that, things go on much as they have for this recent past, it is safe, but only if you know how to stay safe."

WST sipped his drink and eyed the men playing cards as they spoke, if he wanted to avoid trouble, he had a clear view of where not to go.

"See those guys around a lot?"
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:29   #48
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point
A man pulled into town on a horse, he glanced around briefly, before leaping off the horse.

The horse turn its head and looked at him. The man smiled, winked and noded at the horse. The horse seems to roll its eyes and then wondered off to a water container and took a drink.

The man pulled his slightly over-sized jacket forward, he then took a longer look around, spotting a saloon.

"Good, drink. Then maybe alittle fight before I go do something, wonderful."

He walked over to the saloon door, he pushed them open and walked inside. He looked around to see what he could see.
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 05:54   #49
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts
Tenderbear, having searched out an empty table at the edge of the Saloon, away from all the whiteys, looks around carefully, eyeing those that enter, eyeing those that seem like troublemakers, and eyeing those that look like they represent the law in this town. He needs to know who is who before he starts his search for the one called Christopher "The Butcher" Johansson...

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 12:44   #50
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Hewitt Oh yes, 100 bucks is a FAIR amount

Poker in saloon
"So we are playing high today?" The gentleman looks at the dollarbills.

"Can you put up that kind of money gringo?"

The grunt adresses Crazy with this remark

Darkling The man eyes you from top to bottom

"I am not sure that your kind of clientel is what we are looking for, you look more like that kind of scum that could be sleeping at the brothel, well accompanied by paid servants I assume, are you sure that you can stay sober?

WST and Jerle The bartender asks for 50 cents each as he pours your drinks up

"You have come through the desert I hear?"

he has a spanish accent and kind eyes

Shadow Look at what i have written in poker in saloon, zappa and WST and Jerle.
Other than that i can give you a brief feeling of the place. Stairs are leding upwards, there is a bar with a bartender, one man, seems like a combined guard and cleaner is oogling the place from besides the stairs. A waitress is walking around the tables serving drinks and cleaning up and at one of the tables people are starting up a pokergame. They look pretty ruffled and are wellarmed except for one.

Zappa A deputy is coming down from the floor above, putting his hat on and adjusting his belt, ordinary people of different heritage are customers by the bar, and at the tables. Other than that look at what i have written for Shadow.

You don't know what this butcher looks like however, but you HAVE heard that he is here.