User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jan 2003, 23:54   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Michael Moore

I just saw the movie "Roger and I" on tv. It is about GM and its leaving off Flint, the city where GM started. (GM=General Motors)
It is awesome! I have never really enjoyed a documentary like that.

If you have seen the movie, (or some off his other movies/series), what do you think about it?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:05   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Michael Moore rocks.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:06   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ive pre-ordered "Bowling for Columbine".
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:07   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I just found out, that his book "Stupid white men", were stopped after 11.september for being "anti-american".

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:11   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I just found out, that his book "Stupid white men", were stopped after 11.september for being "anti-american".

A lot of knee-jerk reactions happened in the US. They banned a total of 650 songs from being played on Radio stations because they had "anti-american or pro-terrorist themes"

That would be amusing if it wasnt so serious.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:13   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Stopped in what sense? It was on the best sellers list here recently in the UK, along with a tour by him of stand-up.

Moore is pretty cool. He's vastly better than the million odd other comedy slags who rant about coffee not being like it used to be. Not only that, but unlike some leftists he actually gets working class issues. Whether or not he is, he comes across as a "genuine guy", probably a little slow. Which is why some of his pranks work quite well against the slick and smooth.

But I don't like his style of comedy. I don't like confrontational scenes, and him embarrassing some PR schmo from X corporation isn't exactly like a major blow for the working class. And he's got that all-too common American disease of still not quite believing that the Democrats are the most evil people ever.

But as I say, overall he rocks. He's miles ahead of others and puts the banality of most comedy to shame.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:19   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Dante: I was to unclear. I am not that good in swedish either, and that's my source. (Swedish television net-site) As far as i can decipher, it was banned in America after 11.september. You know, stopped by the distributor. (Who probably had some pressure from higher powers)

Kura: It is kinda funny. In a strange way.
Leader off the free world my ass.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:41   #8
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
I like people who have opinions, but I also like people who can discuss their opinions without ranting.

I started to read Stupid White Men a few months ago, and gave up after 50 pages, if I wanted to listen to somebody endlessly rant about whats wrong with the world then I will spend some time with my grand parents.

Regardless of the validity of his arguments, most of which are quite valid, I dislike the way he puts them across to his audience

edit : the whole september 11th banning thing is covered in the first few pages of the book
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 16:31   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Michael Moore

Quote:
I just saw the movie "Roger and I" on tv. It is about GM and its leaving off Flint, the city where GM started. (GM=General Motors)
It is awesome! I have never really enjoyed a documentary like that.

If you have seen the movie, (or some off his other movies/series), what do you think about it?
Did that come out like five to ten years ago?

Like with the woman who was selling rabbits for pets, and occasionally eating some of them?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 16:44   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Re: Re: Michael Moore

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
Did that come out like five to ten years ago?

Like with the woman who was selling rabbits for pets, and occasionally eating some of them?
Yes.
It's about when GM closes down their factories, and what happens to that little poor town.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 16:47   #11
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore

Quote:
Yes.
It's about when GM closes down their factories, and what happens to that little poor town.
I actually saw part of that when it first came out. It was really good, and my dad loved it.

But I totally forgot about it, and certainly never came close to putting that guy together with 'bowling for columbine' and 'stupid white men'
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 17:28   #12
Idi

ive just downloaded bowling for columbine, and according to amazon, stupid white men is going to arrive tomorrow or the day after!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 23:34   #13
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
heh, co-incedently that "Roger and me" was on tv late last night, so i satyed up and watched it, becauce micahel moore is very amusing.

Loved the movie, and cant wait to see the latest one. (altho the rabbit lady kinda disturbed me)

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 23:55   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I planned to post a link to the james lileks attack on Michael Moore which is one of the most amusing articles ive ever read, but he took it down so I'm going to post this instead.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 23:56   #15
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I planned to post a link to the james lileks attack on Michael Moore which is one of the most amusing articles ive ever read, but he took it down so I'm going to post this instead.
you took down one of the most amusing things ever?

edit: oh the other one is amusing

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 00:00   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog

That was a link!
You go Noddy!
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 00:27   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Stopped in what sense? It was on the best sellers list here recently in the UK, along with a tour by him of stand-up.
read the book, it explains it all.... basically they tred to make him rewrite vast chunks of it, such as the criticism of Bush's staff to the chaptercalled 'kill whitey'

It's an excellent read, though he does tend to rant a bit.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 00:31   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
That was a link!
Yeah, its one of my favourite webcomics

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/200...omo/index.html
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/200...omo/index.html

full archives here!!
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 00:58   #19
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
We had to watch it in high school. It was one of the better things I was forced to watch during class. Especially with the one woman eating/selling rabbits.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 01:14   #20
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
stupid white men is actually a quite good book. the facts are very interesting and written in a way that it doesnt get mind-numbingly boring after 20 pages (yes, it does get annoying, but its an easy read)

EXTRA BONUS: if u take the time to read some of the original sources listed in the back u can go wreak havoc on DF3 flaming and countrybashing if u can be @ssed =)

Last edited by Akallabeth; 21 Jan 2003 at 01:49.
Akallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote