Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 00:58   #1
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Shraan: Sands of the Underworld

Shraan, a planet that is covered mostly in coarse sands, battle-worn landscapes and unchanging hot weather. The planet sat within a Black EMP Nebula, named the Piai Deadzone and was governed by three large factions:

Besilon Empire:
The Besilon Empire ruled most of the planet, governed by an aggressive and very arrogant Terran known as Empress Fal Lai, one of the many Lai Sisters that venture the Paia Wastelands (the huge desert that splits Besilon City and Geklon City). Besilon City was the centre of the Empire, built with huge towers and a multitude of under-buildings, owned by many small factions that do not bother the Empire nor the Saxolites much. Besilons are green-tinted humanoids with vaste intellegence but lack psychical strength.

Saxolite Clans:
The Saxolites have been split into many seperate Clans ever since the start of the Millenia War and remained as clans fifty years after it ended. The Saxolite Clans are scattered all over the surrounding areas of the Three Clan Towers, owned by the largest of the three clans (Yanbetari, Basanaa and Lyi'Tal), two of these Clans only seated themselves in the towers after the Clan Civil War, which ended 3 years back. After centuries of the clans spreading around the towers, the civilisations became one City which formed during the ends of the Millenia War. This is Geklon City, which has less height and more spread accross the surrounding Wastelands. The Saxolites are a phenominon in Shraan, each Saxolite being born with a physical or psychic mutation within them, such as nightsite, increased muscle growth or an extra limb. However, Saxolites mutations also have related flaws to their perks. Nightsite means the Saxoltie is blinded of normal site, increased muscle growth turns to quick fatigue and an extra limb can cause the brain to loose concentration when using the extra arm/leg.

Mercinary Triads:
A massive mercinary group of proffessionals that, after a while, became a major role within many of Shraan's problems (for a price). The Triads have hidden themselves in the Northen Mountains, which is North from Besilon City, North West from Geklon City. Led by Lord Ginge, a powerful psychic that is clouded in mystery of his own abilities, helped by the now calm and very different Hentrepis, whom was once enemy number one for multiple attempts to destroy Shraan and it's people. The Mercenary Triads are made up of all three races (Terran, Saxolite and Besilon).

--------------------Storyline------------------

After the Saxolite Civil War was over, Shraan once again had fallen into a time of reletive peace amongst themselves. Fal Lai once again took the throne of the Besilon Empire and once again brought the Empire into a tight-gripped control. It is now five years after the Saxolite Civil War and a new force has been spotted in the Wastelands directly in between Geklon City and Besilon City.

Empress Fal Lai ordered her best commando squad, alongside the Mercinary Triad's Angel Walker Wing (Commanded by Pio Lai), to investigate this growing civilisation and make sure it is not a threat to Shraan. Only Pio Lai and a handful of the commandoes returned.

Two days later, Pio gave her report directly to the Empress:

Code:
Report of Unknown Force - Pio Lai

The force is larger than our scans or my mind first determined. There is at least three thousand 
warriors, all with advanced technology, sitting within this area of the Wastelands. Many stone 
buildings have already been made to house stealthing units and anti-psychic barriers, stopping
 most of them being detected.

We were ambushed when we were calculating the approximate number of Warskimmers, 
fourteen Railskimmers and twenty Stealthskimmers attacked our flank. We destroyed all of 
them, but we sustained sever casualties and fatalities. My own walker has been rendered 
inoperable and by arm requires time to heal before I am able to return to duty.

One thing is clear, we found out whom they were... They are the Wasteland Underworld, usually 
only gathered in groups of five or less battleskimmers... they are planning something, and it 
does not look good.
This is what it started as, and Fal Lai did not want the Underworld to prevail.

--------------------Important/Powerful Peoples of Shraan--------------------

Lai Sisters: Psychic Family - The Lai Sisters are a psychic family of women that only appear when they wish to defend the planet, as that is what they have been taught to do ever since their appearance in Shraan. Lai sisters are genetically unable to give birth to males, which is why they are named the Sisters. Fal Lai is more or less and outcast from the Family, being aggressive and controlling, she has sent the Besilon Empire into a dark age of military police force and forced control over nearly all people going in or out of the City. The other known Sisters that are still in Shraan today are Kia Lai (Wanderer), her daughter Ynten Lai (Besilon Royal Guard), Pio Lai (Triad Commander) and Uan Lai (Wanderer)

Lords and Ladies of Shraan: Psychic Anomolies - The Lords and Ladies of Shraan are known throughout Shraan History as Psychic Anomolies, Demons or Saviours of Shraan. These people have gained a starnge psychic energy that has allowed them a huge extension in age developments an, in some cases, they cannot die of age. Known Lords or Ladies of Shraan are Isarg Klancut (My old character) (Books: Genysis, Shattered Dreams, Lactum Invasion, Spirits of the Lost City, Dark Empire, New Dawn and Saxolite Civil War), Ynten Craal (Books: Genysis, Shattered Dreams, Spirits of the Lost City and New Dawn), Inly Silek (Fluffie) (Books: Spirits of the Lost City, Lactum Invasion, Dark Empire and New Dawn), Hentrepis Klancut (Books: Genysis, Lactum Invasion, Spirits of the Lost City, New Dawn, Saxolite Civil War and Fall of Heroes) and Emanuel Ginge (Evil_Ginge) (Books: Spirits of the Lost City, Lactum Invasion, Dark Empire, New Dawn, Saxolite Civil War and Fall of Heroes). Other Lords and Ladies that have not made a true appearence are Ghost (Books: New Dawn and Saxolite Civil War) and Aguliy (Books: Saxolite Civil War and Fall of Heroes).

Merlocks: Awakened Spirits - The Merlocks were once normal people whom died in a multitude of ways. The Lost City, a vaste ruins and catacombs that spread underneath the Wastelands in an unknown location, known only by those that have stumbled across it. When the New Dawn project was unleashed upon Shraan, the Lost City suddenly exploded with dead spirits and a spiritual opening was formed to the living world above. The Merlocks were born from this opening as well as evil spirits including Hentrepis Klancut and his army of the 'Reborn', an undead force that reaped havok over Shraan. Merlocks are reptilian creatures with an imunity to Psychics but with an unatural telepathic ability, able to spot mind patterns from distances and able to talk using telepathy. Merlocks make for excellent guards as well as keeping watch over both Besilon Palace and Geklon's Yanbetari Tower.

---------------------Locations:---------------------

Besilon City:
A vast metropolis with amultitude of living styles, the higher the level, the better the quality of living. Besilon City is the largest of the two cities in both size and width. Most of Shraan's storylines revolve around Besilon City.

Geklon City:
Commanded by the three major Clans, Geklon City is a civilisation built of many Clans and many borders that were, during the Civil War, walled over. The walls still remain, but holes were punched through them to allow people to walk freely between the Clan territories.

Northen Mountains (Triad Base):
Although the Triads are not a governing body in Shraan, they still are widly recognised throughout Shraan. Their base is hidden within the mountains and anyone walking anywhere near the mountains would be told to turn back imidiatly.

Lost City:
A myth even at this date of Shraan, the Lost City is a massive underground ruin of what used to be a city known as Amagath City, owned by the Saxolites before the Millenia War began. The city is filled with spirits that have died recently, some re-encarnate themselves to live again with no memory of their pasts, others remain in the Lost City for many reasons. It has been fabled that the Spirit of Lady Ynten Craal, once known as the Princess of Flames, is in charge of the City.

----------------Shraan Physics and Other Info----------------

Psychics:
Shraan is not without it's Psychic population. Although psychics are still rare to find within Shraan (about 1% of Shraan is a Psychic), they suddenly become important factors of Shraan's survival. 0.1% of Shraan's Psychics tend not to even use their powers at all.

Kylithium:
It is odd to find this rare crystal in Shraan, but those that do find it become somehow induced with it's energy. Kylithium increases already developed psychic strengths and allows a Psychic to add more power to the abilities they have already learned. Kylithium can also be used in technology, such as weapons, engines, sheilding units and even farming machines.

Skimmers:
Skimmers are what every transport is made with, using very little fuel and moving fasters than any wheel or track could go. Skimmers can only go a certain distance form the ground before it cannot raise any further. Skimmers range in sizes and are anmed for those sizes:
Skimmerbike: You guessed it, a hovering bike.
Skimmer: Hovering Cars, very little else.
Battleskimmer: These are like fighter-planes but can can only rise 1/2 the normal rise rate of skimmers due to it's bulky weapons and armour plates. Largest Battleskimmers can have a 7-man crew.
Warskimmer: Huge skimmers that are slow, only go 1/4 normal skimmer rise and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons, missile launchers, railguns and even a multitude of Kylithium-Based weaponry. Warskimmers are the flying version of tanks or moving battle-fortresses.
Railskimmers: Battleskimmers armed with railguns and not much else.
Stealthskimmers: Battleskimmers that can cloak from sight, psychics and scanners.

---------------------ALL Players-------------------------

Shraan is a free-flowing Roleplay that allows you to, more or less, do anything you want (obviously within reason). In Shraan players can and probably will die, there is no such thing as pity or second thoughts so try not to do anything stupid.

ALL players are to write down their character using the basic character sheet below. You may add other information if you wish, but you must include the information below:

Name:
Race: (Besilon/Saxolite/Terran)
Mutation: (Saxolite Only)
Role: (You can be anyone you like except for the characters named or leaders of the any faction. You also cannot be a part of the Wasteland Underworld)
Description:
Weapons/Inventory:
Skills: (Weapon skills, psychic skills, crafting skills, etc)
History:
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:37   #2
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all
Re: Shraan: Sands of the Underworld

Name: Duke (ooc/ I have a last name for him, but i perfer just Duke cause it isnt used)
Race: Terran
Mutation: none
Role: Skimmerbike Cavalry Lt. 1st Class
Description: 27 yeard old, Six feet, short black hair, brownish green eyes, well-built frame, strong arms and legs, Black cargo pants, red camo shirt
Weapons/Inventory: Standard Military issue Skimmer Cavalry bike armed with two light chainguns
Med-kit
Small arms high calibur pistol
Standard assault rifle with grenade launcher attachment
Standard issue armor for legs, arms, torso, and head
Backpack of grenades and additional rounds for pistol and assault rifle
Skills: Highly accurate marksman, agile and accomplished Skimmerbike rider
History: Born to a well-to-do family in one of the mid to upper levels of one of the many towers of Besilon City, Duke was born with a natural knack for Skimmer bike riding. At the age of 18, Duke's parents bought him a skimmerbike to ride on for fun. When he was 23, he enlisted in the Besilion Skimmerbike Cavalry. His performance through training and his first missions easily impressed the officers and he was award with a promotion.

Duke still hones his skills daily and activly participates in the military. He has won several awards for his performances, and he has even refused to more promotions. Duke was asked to go out on the mission to the Wastelands, but he denied it because of his father's illness at the time. His current role in the Cavalry is to patrol the border of the city facing the Wastelands, and to conduct scouting missions every now and then.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 05:33   #3
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Name: Ryon, his fellow thieves call him "Revenant"
Race: Terran

Role: Professional Thief / Member of a group of eight thieves that call themselves the "Band of the Shopkeeper"/ they aspire to grow in size and one day forge an small empire.

Description: Slender, agile and very dexterous. He has lightening blue eyes and black raven hair that is cut short, slightly curly and untamed. He has a tattoo of a small flame on his right temple.

Weapons/Inventory: Black hooded sleeveless coat, light weight armor, cloth back pack, dual high velocity pistols, two daggers, gloves, and light padded leather soles to quelch any noice by walking. A small flat somewhere in the city.

Skills: Martial Arts, Charisma, pistol marksmenship, lock pick, sneaking through windows and rooms, can hide in shadows rather well, the ability to seduce women of all three races with apparent ease

History: Grew up as the son of a poor family of an ex-martial artist unique furniture shopkeeper who was run out of business during the civil war. He father taught him a couple of things... how to defend himself and how to be quickly seen and quickly out of sight. His mother taught him how to get women to do his bidding. Both his parents are now dead of natural causes and his father left him the small apartment above the closed empty shop.

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 4 Jul 2004 at 05:40.
Ryon Jkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 12:04   #4
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Dirupter: Character accepted, no changes neccessary

Ryon Jkar: Just wondering which city you reside in (and I'll love to see you try and seduce Fal Lai or Kia Lai if you ever cross their paths)
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 14:34   #5
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Name: Lanis-dral

Race: Saxolite

Clan: Dral (part of the Lyi'Tal group)

Mutation: Extra Muscle growth giving enhanced speed and strength for a limited period - use of this "power" caues extreme fatigue for a number of hours afterwards leaving the user like a newborn kitten

Role: Captain of a Saxolite Warskimmer of the 1st Lyi'Tal Warskimmer Squadron

Description: a 5ft 9ins Human like female, average looking with long black hair, hazel eyes and a tanned complexion, comes from a long line of Warriors that have served with the Saxolite military. she wears a black flight suit that is figure hugging. she walks with an air of confidence and is well respected by her friends and comreades.

Weapons/Inventory:
Weapons - Long Sword, Blaster type pistol, body armour.

1 warskimmer (of course )
6 main heavy cannons Roof mounted:
1x Missile Launcher
1x Mortar
1x Plasma Launcher
1x Heavy Laser Cannon
2x Heavy Pulse Lasers,
4 forward medium-weapons
4x Fast-Track lasers
10 small turret mounts (situated almost anywhere, these are retractable. Usually lasers, light plasma weapons or small gattle-weapons).
2x Anti Skimmer Mine Layers (1 either side of the Skimmer)
4x Mini Gattle Lasers
2x Mini Gattle Sluggers (1 either side)
2x Fast Track Lasers

Skills:
Leadership
First Aid
Sword mastery - long sword
Quick draw - Pistol
Marksman
Observation
Military type basic training

History:
Lanis-dral is part of the Dral clan that has served with the Lyi'Tal for as long as anyone can remeber. They are a small clan that are mainly non descript, they have no great warriors or no great hero's. In fact if one were to say anything about the Dral is that they are very dependable. that is why most who have served with the Saxolite military usually they have officer status. Clan Dral does have one thing though that sets them apart Loyalty and Honour.

Lanis has served with the 1st Lyi'Tal Warskimmer Squadron for just under 3 years and is well liked and respected by those who know her and serve with her

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 7 Jul 2004 at 11:57.
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 14:42   #6
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Could I play "Fluffie"?
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 23:02   #7
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

LH: Character's fine, the history could be anything from 'grew up in the military' to 'found military interesting'. Just one last thing, not a major issue but it certainly helps when DMing: Could you include a Clan name that you are born into, clan names and history can be completely made up (they usually are).

Fluffie: Certainly, your farmer character didn't go out well... Besides, I find it difficult to DM as Lord Silek, seeing as it's not my character

P.S. Fluffie... remember to stay active this time round
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 07:44   #8
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Silek isn't that hard to play, as he always seems to be doing something different, but usually with the 'good for Shraan' in mind.

Care to give me some information on what he has been doing for the past time? PM or mail ([email protected] - I'm on your MSN too, I think... Or at least, you are on mine ) if you don't feel like 'clogging' the thread with it.

I'll try and stay active, got holidays now. Almost entirely, perhaps one retake of a test, but that'd all be finished this week................. if all goes well.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:38   #9
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Name: Meroc J’han.
Race: Saxolite
Mutation: Night vision.
Genetic Flaw: Sunseared.
Physical Description:
Meroc is a short man, quite well muscled but not extremely so, enough to get by, he would say. He has one of those hard to remember faces, with long black hair streaked with white, flaking, brittle hairs caused by over exposure to the harsh desert. His eyes are the only noteworthy mention on his face, a pair of jet black beads that react badly to sunlight as with the rest of his body. His skin is a pale white, in places burned, but on the whole white to a par.
Role:Independent political diplomat, who specialises in ‘hostile takeovers’ cum mercenary informant.
Inventory:
(Starting small / with weapons and working up )
  • Gold guilded ceremonial sword:A finely crafted sword with golden guild on the hilt and guard. The sheath is jet black, and mounted at both ends with a silk sash.
  • Polarised goggles:Designed to reduce the suns rays in harsh conditions. Have two settings, bright light glare reduction and uv polarisation.
  • Concealed blaster pistol: A small and finely crafted pistol carried within a holster mounted inside his fine robe’ sleeve.
  • Apartment within Geklon:As it says, really.
  • Tailored courtiers robes:With the holster, mentioned above
  • Blacked leather body armour:With ablative coating, that peals away with damage. In the hopes to block blaster shots.
  • Finely crafted assassins sword:Longer, also with a black sheath but no ornamental decoration on the blade. Blacked.
That’s it…
Skills
  • Political savvy:Negotiations, small time politics, intelligence gathering and basic knowledge pool. That sort of thing.
  • Weapons training:Military weapons training in ranged and close combat, along with a personal blade mentor from his time within the clans.
  • Assassin skills/ stealth:learned through experience. Comes in useful, during a ‘hostile takeover’
  • Skimmer pilot:To the standard of your average driver.
History:
Born two and a half decades ago, Meroc was christened with is name and status within the Basanaa clan. Son of noble parentage, he took quickly to the mental schooling and indoor physical training. By age ten, he had been discovered as a mental prodigy, though hardly outstanding with a blade or gun, especially in the sun. By age 11, his eyes had changed, and his skin dulled, burning on every occasion.

Meroc now lives apart from his clan, and studies the political situation, selling his information to the highest bidder, plying his alternate trade as an assassin by night, when the climate, in the post war situation, demands it. He works on the basis that the war usually eliminated rivals, but now that war is over, and rivals still need be eliminated.
He currently resides in geklon city, waiting until he needs to handle or pass on information to either the triads or the other houses.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 12:33   #10
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Shraan wouldn't be the same if everything was 'peaceful'
-ooc-

Heiro Character Accepted, no changes neccessary

Fluffie: Your character hasn't really done much in the past few threads... mostly wandering aimlessly and uneventally. Since I left him out of the Saxolite Civil War book completely, what he has done during that time is entirely up to you. You can make something up surely
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 15:16   #11
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

name: Remy "Flapjack" Redert
race: Terran
role: Pilot of the battleskimmer "Victory"
description: Short and lean, Remy tries to stay out of fights, prefering to use ranged weapons such as his personalized pistol. He is exceptionally agile and decently fast, capable of outrunning most unpracticed people. He's also known for being able to get into the pilot position of the Victory exceptionally fast, whereas most people find it hard, if not impossible, to get through the tiny hatch.
equipment:
Battleskimmer "Victory"
small kit of tools, both for minor repairs to the Victory as well as for repairing and modifying light firearms.
Modified light blaster pistol, built for accuracy and ease of concealment and carrying
personally tailored leather armor, made by a befriended armorer to precisely fit his smaller then average size without getting in the way.
Skills:
Experienced skimmer pilot, after piloting the Victory for 3 years, Remy has developed significant skimmer piloting skills as well as having some experience with smaller and more maneuverable skimmers.
Acrobatics training, his small posture and natural agility made him perfect for acrobatics, thus he practiced these skills, allowing him to get through small holes exceptionally fast, as well as making him faster and allowing him to jump and climb better, higher and faster then the average person.
firearms training, Trained in the use of small arms with the rest of his group, tough not all to skilled in this
gunnery training, Trained in the use of the weapons aboard the Victory, as well as basic turret operations allowing him to operate most turreted weaponry.
mechanic training, allong with the 4 other crewmembers of the Victory, Remy had some extent of training in the maintenance and repair of battleskimmers, battleskimmer weaponry and basic firearms, as well as having learned how to modify light firearms, his own pistol in particular.
History: Born in a small family of 3, his father died when a group of burglars broke into their house and attempted to steal what little they had. Remy met Roy at the age of 15 and they quickly worked out what they would do when they grew up and at the age of 21, he, Roy and the rest of the crew of the Victory had brought together enough money to purchase their battleskimmer. The originaly weapons where not much but they where quickly replaced by more powerfull weapons.
Currently they get their contracts through the mercenary triads and generally try to fight for what they think are the good guys.

Battleskimmer Victory: A 5 man battleskimmer equipped with 3 turrets and a small 4 man passenger area in which most of the crew rests, as well as a larger then normal piloting area, which is connected to the engine area and passenger area with a small hatch as well as having a small hatch up which is only just big enough for Remy to fit through. Most of the time this is where Remy sleeps as the chair is quite comfortable.
triple turret configuration
turret 1: Heavy plasma cannon as primary, laser cannon as secondary, located on the top and slightly to the back of the vehicle
turret 2: twin laser cannon, located on the starboard 'wing' of the vehicle, giving it a clear view forward, aft and starboard.
turret 3: twin laser cannon, located on the port 'wing' of the vehicle, giving it a clear view forward, aft and port.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence

Last edited by flapjack; 5 Jul 2004 at 20:50.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 20:07   #12
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Flapjack: Character accepted, try to space things out next time, my eyes sting after all that
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 20:08   #13
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Will begin the entry post tomorrow sometime. Prepare your own entry posts. These are to be posted after my one has.

Entry posts are simply posts stating where you are, what you are doing, etc.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 20:10   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

Acidk, could you respond to my PM, I've also tried to add the MSN adress listed in your profile to my MSN list in case you hadn't noticed

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 01:05   #15
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Dirupter: Character accepted, no changes neccessary

Ryon Jkar: Just wondering which city you reside in (and I'll love to see you try and seduce Fal Lai or Kia Lai if you ever cross their paths)
Lets go with Geklon City.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 04:47   #16
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in. Writing up my history now. It's getting a little on the long side! (900 words atm!)
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 12:22   #17
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

history done - sorry could be better - was stuck for something to say hope its ok char editted

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:59   #18
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Wraith, please keep history short, the only person here that deserves mass history is Fluffie (Seeing as he's been a part of Shraan since Shraan 3

Lady Hawk, history is good, just need stats on your warskimmer. Weapons, mostly (no kylithium-based weapons or railguns allowed for new-joiners).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 17:58   #19
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to be a part of this again... but I'm not sure I'll have the time

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 22:08   #20
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

---------Starting Post-----------

The Wastelands, a vast area of coarse sands, large stone outcrops and, hiding amongst it now, hid a group known now as the Wasteland Underworld. No-one knows what they are doing, but now it seems they are on the move. Fal Lai, the Empress of the Besilons, issued an order five days ago:

"Whomever can stop this new threat from causing more havok upon the plains of Shraan will be awarded greatly for their deads. This is a threat to us all, for the Underworld are known to be hostile. Eliminate all you find and uncover whatever it is they are planning before it is too late."

Now the fate of Shraan rests on every individual that desires peace rather than another war. The Besilon Empire are readying a strikeforce, the Saxolites are scouting the area and the Triads are issuing out orders to every able mercinary. The fate of Shraan lies now with you...

Okay, this is the part where you type in your own individual starting posts. Rememebr to include where you are and what you are doing. It makes it easier for me to plot out directions and such-like that way.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 22:28   #21
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke stepped on the accelerator, and his skimmer bike shot forward even faster then he was already going. He dodged small rocks, and the occasional outcroppings as he worked his way back to Skimmer Command. Duke had been out all day and was returning from a patrol on the Northern border. He had been recalled for some reason, apparently there was a new war or something, but he didn't really believe it.

The bike flew across the desert, 2 feet above the sands, creating a kick up about 10 feet high and another 30 or so long. In the distance he saw the Command building loom ever larger as he came in closer. Several moments later, he was past security and slowly drifting along to the hangar. After he parked his bike, he got off, got out his assault rifle, and walked along to the briefing room.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 22:37   #22
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack climbed back into his pilot seat, the anti-gravity drive had been having hick-ups again lately and ofcourse burning every fuse in the fusebox would be the first thing it would do. Fortunately this had also led them to the problem, a pair of wires of which the isolation had been damaged had been causing short-circuits.

Now they where getting on their way again, their target was a small camp, about 12 miles east from their current location. A batch of Saxolites, presumably affiliated with the underworld, had been attacking convoys passing through the area with 4 skimmerbikes and 2 battleskimmers. Thus they had been hired for a reasonable sum of credits to remove the threat from the area.

"Everybody ready? We'll be into the fight soon so gunners to their stations."

Immediatly Flapjack could hear the sound of 3 men getting out of their makeshift beds in the compartment behind him and rushing into their turrets, followed a few seconds later by the 3 indicator lights for the turret changing from red, unmanned, to green, manned and ready.

Through the comms came 3 different voices, almost simultaneously. "In position and ready to go." Followed by the voice of Roy, almost the skeptical 1 of the 5 man crew of the Victory. "Sure, go ahead and get the battleskimmer damaged, at least this time I've got decent tools to fix it."
Flapjack couldn't help but smile at the comment before replying. "Don't worry, they've only got about 3 times the firepower we've got and for once they don't expect us to come knocking down their door."

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 22:49   #23
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Warskimmer: Huge skimmers that are slow, only go 1/4 normal skimmer rise and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons, missile launchers, railguns and even a multitude of Kylithium-Based weaponry. Warskimmers are the flying version of tanks or moving battle-fortresses.

how many weapons mounts does it have then i can work on it

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 23:10   #24
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Lady Hawk: Usually about twenty, 6 main heavy cannons (Roof mounted, usually missiles, shell-weapons or powerful energy wepaons {Plaama, Heavy Laser, etc} ), 4 forward medium-weapons (Front mounted, usually Fast-Track lasers or gattle-weapons) and 10 small turret mounts (situated almost anywhere, can be retractable. Usually lasers, light plasma weapons or small gattle-weapons).

Since you're a new joiner, these are the following suggestions for a Warskimmer:
Roof: Missiles / Mortar / Heavy Cannon / Plasma Launcher / Napalm Cannon / Heavy Laser Cannon / Heavy Pulse Laser
Front: Fast-Track Laser / Medium Gattle-Laser / Gattle-Slugger / Medium Pulse Laser
Turret: Fast-Track Laser / Light Plasma Launcher / Mini-Gattle Laser / Mini-Gattle Slugger / Anti-Skimmer Mine Layer
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 02:17   #25
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Revenant hung motionlessly in a rather large corridor of a wealthy merchants mansion or "fortress". The golden tile of the smooth and elegant floor only added to the amazingly decadent decorated palace. He gripped the long metallic looking rope tightly and eased himself down until his soft leather soles pressed against the glass-like floor. His striking blue eyes scanned the area and he looked upward at the man position at the penetration hole.

His black suit was tight and yet loose enough to allow for the most physical of movements. He was dressed for a fight and instead of the usual weapons hanging at his hips, there were two daggers. With two fingers in the air he spun them around to signal Brok to pull the rope up.

It was time to go to work. Revenant melted into the shadows and continued on his path.

ooc/// is there swords in this game.. like psy-swords and such acid? and I was wondering if my char can be terran and still possess maybe a pyschic tendency... innane or conscious? ooc///

Last edited by Ryon Jkar; 7 Jul 2004 at 05:27.
Ryon Jkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 04:24   #26
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

It's only one event so far, only involves two people... I think I might've gotten a bit too caught up in it
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 10:15   #27
flapjack
crashed computer

Ryon, anyone character can have psychic abilities, however most characters will not have developed them and most likely don't even know about their psychic potential. In addition close combat weapons such as swords are used, however to what extend I can't be certain off.
You can also be sure that guards in a palace and such are smart, attentive and well armed

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:31   #28
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Palace Royal Guards are all powerful psychics, armed with many psychic weapons, one even hold a fabled K5 Katana. Beleive me, you wouldn't even reach the walls of the Palace without all the guards spotting you, sight or otherwise.

I'm going to have fun DMing you
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:34   #29
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

[ooc]

I have forgotten... Does Fluffie own any psy weapon besides the K5? Because I have memory of PK's Psy Vault in some thread, but I do not know if that is tied to Shraan or not.

Post ought to be coming... Sometime...

*Blushes.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:34   #30
flapjack
crashed computer

he's not in the Royal palace.
Just in some wealthy person's house, which will have good guards as well but probably not K5 bearers :P
I think PK's vault is only in the Psi academy.
But your pretty certain you've got other psy weapons, after all, you're the emperor

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:40   #31
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

The Psy-Vault is a Academy of Psychics thing, not Shraan (however some things turn up in Shraan from there when I feel it's okay).

Tio my knowledge, Fluffie, you only carried a K5 Katana and, I guess at this point, you're a wandering nomad of the sands.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:42   #32
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Wealthy people don't just hire any old guards, most likely they are Royal Guard or they are trained Mercinary Triads. If they aren't really wealthy then they hire from the Besilon Mafia or some other Slum-based guard group. The military of Besilon usually stick to simple police work during peace times.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 11:57   #33
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

warskimmer done

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 12:12   #34
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

The Wastelands, a vast area of coarse sands, large stone outcrops and, hiding amongst it now, hid a group known now as the Wasteland Underworld. No-one knows what they are doing, but now it seems they are on the move. Fal Lai, the Empress of the Besilons, issued an order five days ago:

"Whomever can stop this new threat from causing more havok upon the plains of Shraan will be awarded greatly for their deads. This is a threat to us all, for the Underworld are known to be hostile. Eliminate all you find and uncover whatever it is they are planning before it is too late."

Lanis-dral took a drink of water from the canteen, the noon day sun beat down on the Warskimmer squadron, the hulls absorbing the heat. The desert Camoflage did little in the way of heat prevention, most of the crews were waiting around resting trying not to move.

Lanis looked again toward the horizon, the Wastelands were vast and known to be dangerous, hardly anyone wever went there save for the brave ..... or the foolish. The macro binoculars hung loosely round her neck, as she surveyed the scene. Her thoughts were interuppted.......

Lena-dral - You think we should have heard from the scout squadron by now

Lena was Lanis's twin sister (rare in saxolite biology) in all aspects save one - Lanis had the strength mutation but Lena had the intelligence mutation but had left her with a weak body.

Lanis - yeah its been over 2 hours since they last checked in, comms what was the message again

Comms - the orders were to wait here and await further orders, nothing to report as yet so combing sector 2 vecor 1a

Lanis took the datapad and looked at the map

Lanis - I do not like this, mind you that butt f**k Carinis-Tran is too much of a wet behyind the ears rookie, how he came to command a squadron and become a superior offcier to me is anyones guess

Lena - thats Commander butt f**k Carinis-tran to you and dont you forget it.........

This causes Lanis to turn round and look at lena, who is doing her best to try to keep a straight face. They both burst out laughing.

Lanis - still, we should have heard something by now

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 7 Jul 2004 at 12:21.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 12:38   #35
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Tio my knowledge, Fluffie, you only carried a K5 Katana and, I guess at this point, you're a wandering nomad of the sands.
I'm fond of my Adamantium Armour and certain other goodies too, though I fear they might be a bit outdated now... How long has it been since my first appearance as that meager assassin fella? Bet it was long ago

I'll write something up. That's a promise

Flapjack, I am Emperor no more. I think I kind of failed as that, with the whole New Dawn thing

Oh, btw... The Black Guard, are they still around?
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 13:10   #36
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Black Guard are noted as a Myth of Shraan. I didn't know if you were going to come back or not so I left them out during the Important People description, because they really aren't important nor are they government-related.

However, the Black Guard are also wondering nomads that seek to stop Psychic Distruption (ie, the Reborn that appeared from the New Dawn). They have adopted a kind of... honour, a code if you will. They fight in the Name of Lord Fluffie (ie, you) and fight to clear up the remnants of your... ahem... mistake
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 13:23   #37
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"mistake", yes

Guess it's ok if I seek them out again and.. do things.. with'em?

(Not in the sexual homo erotic kind of way.)
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 14:56   #38
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

lol, I was about to comment on that if you didn't include the brackets
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 15:51   #39
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Shall I make a new entry post.. or is the mansion scene ok?
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 16:38   #40
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

A lone figure walked through the wastes. He was alone, standing out in the great nothingness that were his surroundings. Be stood out, for he was all covered in black robes, covering the person up from head to toe. There wasn't anything else to the person, no features could be made out. Or at least, on the outside, the bodily part, no features could be made out. Those sensitive to it, would feel an immense, raw but somehow perfectly controlled psychic power within the lone wanderer. Power, power far greater than any normal mortal should have.

But this, obviously, was no longer a mere mortal.

This, this was one of the so called Lords of Shraan, Lord Silek, or Fluffie. Always having been an odd figure, with a list of quite some remarkable, if not totally odd acts, on his name. "New Dawn", Merlocks, he even remembered constructing one of the largest spaceships ever. Had he even once been the Besilon Emperor? He probably had been, he never was one to fantasize about such things... And then again, he was.

That, his odd past and weird personality, aside, Silek had a goal again. The Wasteland Underworld was causing problems and he felt like doing something about it. He had been silent, not involved with the world for far too long now. He didn't want to be involved, he liked his rest, but this felt like one of those times that he should play part in whatever was and would be happening.

He only had brought his K5, his old, most trusted katana. The weapon that had quite possibly made him into what he was now, the blade that had saved his life on so many occassions... Other than that, he had covered himself in some simple, anomynous black robes - typical for his character, but he was hoping that he had been gone for so long, that he would not be recognized. He looked like an old fool and was perfectly fine with it if most people adressed him as such.

Old. He was old... How old? He had no idea... Before his arrival on Shraan, which in itself was clouded by unknown facts and very odd probabilities, he had lived long already. On Shraan itself, he might have lived even longer, though with his powers... Now, he looked like a man in his seventies. But that, that was merely the outside. He had mastered his body with his powers and could look any age he wanted... No, not just look. He could be any age he wanted.

And soon, he'd be young again. He'd have to be young and capable to fight the new threat, this was no longer and old man's war. Softly stroking the hilt of his blade, he wondered what kinds of enemies he would be facing exactly... He had heard of skimmers, but that'd be really boring. He was hoping for warriors powerful and capable like him...

Or maybe...

He suddenly stopped walking, looked up at the sky and took in a deep, deep breath. Letting his head slowly glide down again, he let to of the air taken in earlier, sighing a terribly deep sigh. The Black Guard. Nowadays a Myth much like himself, he wondered what had happened to them. Some rumour had it they were now an indepent group, fighting the forces working against Shraan on their own way, in the name of Lord Fluffie, by a code. A code of honour most probably...

The Black Guard would be a formidable ally in combat, no matter against who or what. But, Silek had been on his own for so long now, doubting his abilities to decently co-operate with others.

Sighing again, he shrugged of the matter for now. He'd seek out this new threat himself and face it himself. If it was meant to be, he would succeed. If it was not meant to be, he would still succeed, or else, he'd try really, really hard. That was his way.

Besides, he still owned Shraan "something", after the whole mishap with the "New Dawn" project and his disappearance.

The darkly robed figure walks on, leaving a trail of footsteps in the wastelands. He walks, without a real goal, just searching out the Underworld - or maybe waiting for it or something, or someone, else to find him.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 19:51   #41
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Any way I can play a new character, but one with some Psy-Tech? (Perhaps someone working for AcidTech?)

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 20:03   #42
flapjack
crashed computer

does AcidTech even exist right now?
And if so, you'd probably be best off starting with AcidkTech without kylithium things, then gaining them reasonably early into the thread. That way, there's no nagging people about wanting Kylithium items and you can get some other stuff.
either way, it's all up to mister Acidk

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 20:17   #43
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Thus why I'm asking and not merely writing up a character immediately.

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 20:49   #44
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

"...and that is my case, my lady. Only so much can be done without the full clan support."

He waits for a short, pointed reply. He'd expect no less. The clans today, so subborn. The war, he supposes, is to blame for all that. Backing away from the small table somewhat, he raises his hand to halt her pre-written, badly juxta positioned with his arrival, reply. Should know better for someone of my political knowledge, he thinks to himself has he lets the slight matter of his dishonour to the clan speaker sink in.

"You do not seem to see the magnitude of the problem. In this instance, it might be wise to dispatch agents to the wasteland, rather than sit here. The mercenaries, for instance."
"Such matters are not for this council to hear."
"Such matters, so adeptly described, are for the ears of every man woman and child in this area. This whole city. Do you care to deny us, and our allies, knowledge of our planning?"
"No, but..."
"...But nothing! We deserve to know."
"Yes. Follow me."

Pushing his chair in, he slowly follows the robed lady into a corridor outside the main chamber.

"This information is sensitive, you hear. Never mention it infront of representiives from the city again"
"Yes, ma'am."

Leading him into a side a room, he pours two drinks, and happily closes the door before smiling over at him
"Drink?"
"Yes, strong."
"You did fine. But you should go home at get some sleep."
"What I did was just provoke a debate between the three clans, and possibly their spy networks. who knows. That could lead...Hell. Give me that damn drink."

Menoc takes the glass and downs the contents in one swift gulp as she speaks to him, in a friendly tone.
"That was quite good acting though."
"Yes, m'lady."
"Stop with such formalities and get some sleep. Your skills will be needed again before the week is out, no doubt."
"Yes, m'lady" he says, with a smirk.

Wandering slowly from a side entrance to the council chambers lower, he heads straight to his black, unmarked speeder, climbs in, and begins to the slow, long drive to his holding....
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 22:31   #45
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidTech is a co-orperation that deals in secrecy and is not known to anyone other than those that have been there (old characters only). Starting with AcidTech stuff is stricty forbidden with new characers (Fluffie gained his through Lord AcidK, or was it Lord Darkling... I cannot remember which).

For those that do not know, AcidTech are hidden away from the the Wastelands in a location only revealed to the Empress Fal Lai and her most loyal subjects (Royal Guard Ynten Lai, Commander Kadakus Maarl and Cheif Advisor Damus Qweln). The Triads also have dealings with the AcidTech Incorporation, but only Lord Ginge and Pio Lai know of it's whereabouts and only buy weapons of the stealthier technology, not the usual high-tech K-Weapons the Besilons seem to buy on a regular basis.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 08:13   #46
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

So... is that a yes or a no?

Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:26   #47
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

okay, in lack of a better word:

No
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:59   #48
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Fair enough, that's all I was asking for. I'll think up an entirely new character then.

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:27   #49
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupter
Duke stepped on the accelerator, and his skimmer bike shot forward even faster then he was already going. He dodged small rocks, and the occasional outcroppings as he worked his way back to Skimmer Command. Duke had been out all day and was returning from a patrol on the Northern border. He had been recalled for some reason, apparently there was a new war or something, but he didn't really believe it.

The bike flew across the desert, 2 feet above the sands, creating a kick up about 10 feet high and another 30 or so long. In the distance he saw the Command building loom ever larger as he came in closer. Several moments later, he was past security and slowly drifting along to the hangar. After he parked his bike, he got off, got out his assault rifle, and walked along to the briefing room.

-ooc-
A little direct to the point, but nevermind.
-ooc-

The breifing room guards releived you of your riflem as you entered in, no-one inside was alloud a weapon of any sorts according to simple Saxolite military proceedure. Already here was many of the Saxolite heroes that had fought in the Civil War, people like Sergeant Inp'Nosa of the Yanbetari Clan and Lt. Commander Daram Kasc of the Southern Knives Clan. After five minutes of more people joining that large breifing room, a woman dressed in little more than a tattered robe and hobbling along with what looked like a very old staff. Under the holes in her robe shone a dark red colour, a robe hidden underneath.

Woman: Greetings to all, as some of you may already know, I am Maradi Yanbetari and I am here to confirm the order gave by the Besilon Empress Fal Lai little more tat half a week ago. Yes, there is a growing number of Wasteland Underworld members and we have been planning a strategy to rid of this buildup, but our intellegence of what we are facing is very low. For all we know, there could be Titan Tanks underneath their scanning blockers.

The screen behind her suddenly blinked to life and showed what little thermal scans, over-head pictures and even psychic scans could determine.

Maradi: If a Psychic is unable to see what on Shraan is down there our life may all be on the line. We need a group of volenteers to charge into the Wasteland territory and quickly take out the Psy-Blockades.

On the over-head scans, three circles appeared. All on the outer-areas of what could be determined of the buildup.

Maradi: It would require a single battleskimmer or walker-mech to distract the guards whilst another source destroys the Psy-Blockades during their confusion.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:31   #50
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Flapjack climbed back into his pilot seat, the anti-gravity drive had been having hick-ups again lately and ofcourse burning every fuse in the fusebox would be the first thing it would do. Fortunately this had also led them to the problem, a pair of wires of which the isolation had been damaged had been causing short-circuits.

Now they where getting on their way again, their target was a small camp, about 12 miles east from their current location. A batch of Saxolites, presumably affiliated with the underworld, had been attacking convoys passing through the area with 4 skimmerbikes and 2 battleskimmers. Thus they had been hired for a reasonable sum of credits to remove the threat from the area.

"Everybody ready? We'll be into the fight soon so gunners to their stations."

Immediatly Flapjack could hear the sound of 3 men getting out of their makeshift beds in the compartment behind him and rushing into their turrets, followed a few seconds later by the 3 indicator lights for the turret changing from red, unmanned, to green, manned and ready.

Through the comms came 3 different voices, almost simultaneously. "In position and ready to go." Followed by the voice of Roy, almost the skeptical 1 of the 5 man crew of the Victory. "Sure, go ahead and get the battleskimmer damaged, at least this time I've got decent tools to fix it."
Flapjack couldn't help but smile at the comment before replying. "Don't worry, they've only got about 3 times the firepower we've got and for once they don't expect us to come knocking down their door."

In the background stood a make-shift camp, the four skimmerbikes and the two battleskimmers were sitting, seemingly unmanned. However, something odd was afoot, scanners showed a lot more people at the camp than what could man the battleskimmers and the bikes at once. They might be mechanics, they might be contractors... But there was signs of another craft slowly reaching on the encampment.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.