User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 01:52   #451
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Masters of Andromeda IV (New Horizons - Out of the Ashes)

-ooc-
Erm, LH, in the summary before the individual DMs, you only mentioned 2 of my craft. There's the Amodyte, the Shraan Defender and the Shraanian Privateer (the new Destroyer vastly undersized compared to the other two Cruisers). Just wondering if you remember that it's there or if it doesn't matter since it's at 100% (seeing as it has no superweapon).

Oh, and what number is/was the nearest Concordat?
-ooc-

WO Weapons fired, sir!
Cid: Excellent, what's the damage?
SO: Calculating now, sir.

*Cid smiled as he finished off his coffee, the rush slowly building up inside of him. He smiled as the vapours began to make a trail from the two destroyers, the extreme energy given off by them all.*

Comms: Sir, We have a transmission informing about hostile bombers are heading towards and attacking the World Ships!
No1: Sir, they have littile defence since we have drawn outrselves away from them.
Cid: Commander Kosaga...
No1: Aye, sir!
Cid: Forget my orders for needing scans on the Concordat. Superweapons are to remain charging, however. If we destroy these fighters we may be back in range for a second heavy weapons volley
FC: Informing the other ships now, Sector Commander.

*Cid rubbed his chin in deep thought.*

Cid: Make our fighters all break off from formation and head directly into those bombers, make them know how a real shraanian can pilot.
WC: Jupiters beginning intercept course now, sir, forming five claw formations, two squadrons per formation. Also, Angel Fighters are sepearting to be the centre of the claw, one Angel remaining to commence diversion tactics, sir.
Cid: Excellent! This deserves more coffee!

*Cid smiled as he stood up and pressed a few buttons on a vending machine. He ordered a hot cup of shraanian black coffee with no sugar, imports from the Research Station... but instead he found the vending machine had given him a red cup of tomato soup, imported from the Hydroponic's deck.*

Cid: Cheap ass peice of junk...
EO: Sorry sir, our shraanian coffee beans ran out. You drank it already.
Cid: But there was enough for the enitre crew!
EO: In know, Sector Commander... but...
Cid: Enough! Regenerate our sheilds, use the FTL drives to do so. The Privateer's sheilds also to be strengthened this way!
EO: Aye, Sector Commander

*The Engineering Officer's voice sounded faint and kind of weary, a sigh of releif was shown.*

Cid: Good. Kosaga, here's my next order for you... can you send a few runners to the Hydroponic's deck... I do beleive we have some coffee beans down there...
No1: Erm... Yes sir! Will er... send runners!

-Summary-
All 3 ships to turn about and head towards World Ships
Fighters are to break formation from 3 capital ships to intercept and destroy the bombers ASAP
FTL drive power to be diverted towards regenerating sheilds on all 3 ships (Privateer to strengthen them)
Figthers to create 5 Claw Formations, 3 to have Angel at inner point
1 Remaining Angel Heavy Fighter to begin diversion tactics at bombers
Send runners to gain more coffee from Hydroponics
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 03:42   #452
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
hewitt - your main character is dead - you now continue with the mission aboard your other ship - your crew now wants revenge - you will get +100% to hit

sorry
So much for my plan.

Quote:
however hewitt you can save your char if you post that you leave the crippled ship
He lost the biggest ship I've ever had - He can stay dead.

Besides my other char is more interesting being an alcoholic and all...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 04:37   #453
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Oh, and what number is/was the nearest Concordat?
That would've been #2. The same target that Fluffie, Kama and I were attacking and is nothing but a pile of smouldering debris now. (A bit like Kama's cruiser and my dreanaught, only a tad worse.)
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 06:44   #454
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
I Have *Gargle* Returned & Kronos: Redux

/ooc And with this, I officially announce my return to Rommy - just couldn't stay away, d*mnit. Will be posting my grand entrance/saving all yer arses tomorrow. For now, look at meh ships, and b*tch. ooc/

Kronos

Class:Battlecruiser (Upgrade from Cruiser, FREE)

Hull:

Chrono Hull (1 Additional Slot, FREE)
Heavy Armor (1 Additional Slot, FREE)

Shields:

Chrono Shields (6 Shield Mounts, FREE)
Chrono Shields (6 Shield Mounts, FREE) – Subject to approval by LH

Weapons:

2 x Chrono Pulse Cannon (20 Turret Mounts, FREE)
4 x Chrono Phaser 1s (16 Turret Mounts, 40,000c)
4 x Light Ion Cannons (4 Turret Mounts, 4,000c)
3 x Heavy Disruptors (12 Turret Mounts, 9,000c)
1 x Nova Cannon (3 Turret Mounts, 1,500c)
Particle Arrary (10 Turret Mounts, 18,000c)
- 10 x Pulse Phaser (20 Turret Mounts, 5,000c)
- 2 x Gatling Lasers (1 Turret Mount, 600c)
Tractor Beam Mk. 40 (6 Turret Mounts, 15,000c)
10 x Quantum Torpedoes (2 Shots) (10 External Mounts, 10,000c)

Support Craft:

32 Slipstream Fighters (7 External Mounts, 16,000c)
4 Nial Heavy Fighters (FREE, FREE)
1 Shogun Class Heavy Fighter (4 External Mounts, 2,000c)

Additionals:

Twin Turrets Upgrade (4 Slots, FREE)
Command Bridge (6 Additional Mounts, FREE)
Advanced AI Computer (1 Additional Mount/1 Tonne Hold, FREE)
Advanced Tactics Computer (1 Additional Mount, FREE)
Deflector Dish (1 External Mount, FREE)
Advanced Ship Probes (1 External Mount, FREE)
Phase Scanners (1 Additional Mount, FREE)
Mind Link (5 Additional Mounts, FREE)
Advanced AI Upgrade (1 Additional Mount/10 Tonne Hold, 500c)
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1 Additional Mount/10 Tonne Hold, 800c)

Sub-light Engines:

Impulse Drive (1 Engine Slot, FREE)
Impulse Drive (1 Additional Slot, 2000c)

FTL Engines:

Slipstream Drive (1 Additional Slot, 25,000c)

Troops

2 x SSS - FREE
2 x ADCT – FREE
11 x Marines - FREE
1 x WAVES (Company of 50) – FREE

Satellites/Probes
10 Mark 3 probes
10 Modified Orbital Sattelite/probes Mk V- as it says - this sattelite has 2 mounts to do with as you please - 10 tonnes each
2 “Decoy” Satellites
- Medium Shields (2)

4 “Blaster” Satellites
- Phaser IV (2)

2 “Flyswatter” Satellites
- 2 x Cluster Missiles (2) (Empty)

2 “Hammer” Satellites
- 2 x Cruise Missiles (2) (Empty)
60 tonnes of fuel
Empty Mounts

1542 tonnes hold

The Phoenix

Class: Attack Frigate

Hull:

Heavy Armor (1 Additional Slot, 5,000c)

Shields:

Cloaking Shield (4 Shield slots/1 Additional Slot, 20,000c)

Weapons

3 x Fusion Beams (9 Turret Mounts, 3,000c)
1 x Pulse Phaser (2 Turret Mounts, 500c)
1 x Phaser G (1 Turret Mount, 450c)

Support Craft

20 Alpha Class Fighters (4 External Mounts, 2,000c)

Additionals

Advanced AI Ships Computer (1 Additional Slot/1 Tonne Hold, 250c)

Sub-light Engines:

Impulse Drive (1 Engine Slot, 2,000c)

FTL Engines:

Linear Drive (1 Additional Slot, 1,000c)

Troops:

2 x Marines (2 Tonne Hold, 1,000c)

Empty Mounts:

147 tonnes hold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 16:59   #455
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My centre is yielding. Impossible to manoeuvre. Situation excellent. I am attacking." General Ferdinand Foch to General Joffre, Battle of the Marne, 1914, Clan Historical Archive.

This is somewhat more difficult than I had anticipated... Marcus Adcobravatus, Captain of the 8th Company of the Shogun's Angel Guard and Retainer of the Asanawa Clan, sped down the corridor of the Devoran Concordat, making use of his wings in combination with his legs to move at speeds many times that which the normal human was capable of, as he had been taught long ago in the guard academy - siutated on Arkon, the ancient planet of the Angels. Momentarily, he blocked out the irregular footsteps of his comrades following behind him, moving in the same away, in order to allow his acute sense of hearing to come into play. He could hear military boots pounding the steel floor of the deck above as the vessel's commander furiously attempted to orchestrate the crewmen into a cohesive response force, but those Devorans would soon be too far behind the Angels to do any good. A plethora of other sounds soon drowned out that of the crewmen on the deck above him; the discharge of heavy weaponry firing, the gentle hum of electricity conduits, the ship's commander screaming orders down the ship's intercom - the sounds of a ship at war. Suddenly, the Captain's keen eyes picked out movement far ahead down the corridor - a door opening. Several Devoran crewmen, armed and armoured with proper boarding equipment, burst out of the doorway and into the corridor. It was not hard to see that they were not trained as marines, for they failed to establish a base of fire at the doorway before their charge. Captain Adcobravatus lifted his assault rifle, bringing it to bear on the crewmens' leader, easily distinguished from his different-coloured body armour, and almost nonchalantly fired a burst of three shots at the alien's face. The Angel's eyes picked out every detail of the impact. The first bullet slammed into the creature's visor, stopped dead by the durable material, but causing it to fracture in several places. The subsequent two bullets smashed clean through the visor, burying themselves in the Devoran's face in an explosion of brightly-coloured gore. The Captain heard gunfire form behind him, as three other members of his squad opened fire with their own weapons. Three more Devorans fell, either dead, wounded or merely knocked down, it did not matter. With a fierce battle cry, the squad's seargent threw back his outstretched golden wings and leapt forward, propelling himself twenty metres down the corridor with immense speed, bringing his sword in a vicious horizontal slash straight through the chest of another Devoran, killing him outright, before flooring the last standing crewman with a powerful spinning kick and running him through on the deckplates with a downward strike of the sword's razor sharp point. If any of the three crewmen hit by assault rifle fire were alive, they wisely decided to remain on the ground. Sergeant Comelius sheathed his sword - a finely-made Clan katana - and glanced further down the corridor before turning to the Captain and nodding. The Captain ejected the now nearly-spent magasine from his assault rifle and slammed a replacement home, pulling on the latch to lock the new ammunition in place as he bellowed orders to the squad.

"Keep moving! Reload as you go, keep an eye out for gun batteries batteries or ammunition stores!" And, with that, he hefted his wings, proppelling himself forward down the corridor. The others followed. The sergeant dropped behind breifly as, having forced the sliding door through which the armed crewmen had attacked open with the blade of his sword, he took a satchel charge from the strap around his shoulder and briefly set the timer before throwing it inside, then bounding on after the rest of the squad. Two seconds later a massive explosion ripped through the unseen room, followed closely by a larger still secondary explosion - the room must have been an armoury of sorts. The immense force of the two detonations blew out a section of the corridor's wall on either side of the door, sending pieces of jagged metal shrapnel clattering across the deck. Marcus let the muzzle of his assault rifle fall as he pressed his left hand against the radio set resting in his ear, but kept hold of the pistol grip with his right hand. Keeping his eyes open, hespoke into the microphone built into his helmet. "This is Captain Adcobravatus, my squad and I are continuing down the corridor, we are encountering sporadic light resistance. The enemy continues to be too incohesive to pose a serious threat. How far are we from the engine room?" He released pressure from the button on the radio headset, awaiting the response from the Yudachi's sensor officers. It was not long in coming.

"Continue along the present corridor for around two hundred metres, sir. You will find a four-way intersection with a door on your left leading to a heavy fusion battery. The Shingen orders that you disable it. Once down, continue down the corridor ahead of you as you exit the battery. The only door on this corridor is halfway down it, leading left to the engine rooms. You should meet the other squads along the way. The Commander orders you to cripple the engines. Apart from a few with which to breach exit points, use all of your remaining satchel charges, give yourselves enough time to get out; Engineering and Tactical both anticipate a large secondary explosion from the engines." Hisses of static occasionally disrupted the human woman's instructions as the masses of radiation released from energy weapons fire striking the Yudachi's shields interfered with the coms signal, but Adcobravatus understood most of it at any rate. The message continued. "Be advised that the ship is taking damage and that we can no longer maintain full power to the sensors; information in the future may be sketchy. Good luck, Yudachi out." The Captain nodded to himself. He could see the intersection that the sensors officer had spoke of looming up ahead. Indeed, a heavy blast door led off to the left, indicating that the room beyond was one deemed to be at risk from weapons fire. Marcus turned, still moving rapidly with the run-jumping technique, to face his squad of 19 other Angels, following close behind him.

"Juventus, Kiryk, blow through the blast door at the intersection up ahead. The rest of you, storm through the doorway as soon as it's open and clear out the inside. As soon as we are done, leave the battery and follow me. Vindicis, you will set another charge to destroy the battery, then follow after us." He halted on his last word, stopping either metres short of the heavy blast door, before nodding at privates Juventus and Kiryk. Both of the soldiers obligingly bounded forward, landing lightly on either side of the doorway, before setting one satchel charge each down next to it. Both primed the timer, before jumping back to the opposite side of the doorway. Seconds later, a brilliant flash of white light, and a gaping hole twice the width of the doorway replaced the thick steel barrier. Sensing that close quarters combat was imminent, Adcobravatus let his assault rifle hang loose from its strap, unsheathed his sword and, holding it high above his head, roared the signal. "Attack! Leave not one of them alive! For the Shogun!" He leapt forward, his jump carrying him clean through the jagged makeshift doorway, through the billowing smoke and dust and into the battery, hearing his comrades take up the cry behind him, before following their Captain through the sight-obscuring swarm. The Captain could not see the enemy, for the dust and smoke were thick in the air within the battery as well as without, but he could hear the Devorans coughing and wretching in the unclean air. He rounded on the nearest source of the noise, bringing his sword down vertically, rewarded by a scream and the dull thud of something heavy hitting the floor. Pausing briefly from the combat, he blinked three times in quick succession. His helmet, detecting the motion, activated the infra-red mode of his visor. Instantly, the room was thrown into a mix of unwordly colours. He could see the barrel of the heavy fusion cannon outside of the ship, glowing a brilliant white with the tremendous heat generated by prolonged firing, but more importantly he could see the shapes of the gunners and technicians - ten of them remaining, two of them dead on the floor. Shouting their own personal battle cries, the Angels of his squad engaged the remaining enemies, having followed their Captain's example of the infra-red imaging. The Angels outnumbered the Devorans two to one, and ir practically would have been a frgone victory had there been one Angel against all ten of them, dazed and blind as they were. One of them, the one who had been further from the blast, was drawing a weapon of some kind. With all of the other Devorans already locked in futile conmbat with the other Angels, Adcobravatus saw no harm in earning himself a few style points. Bringing his katana back over his shoulder, holding it right handed, the Captain threw the weapon forward, point first, at the pistol-bearing enemy. The sword ran him straight through, pinning him to the wall behind. The Devoran died instantly. Adcobravatus paced over to the wall and pulled his sword from it, flcking his wrist to clear the blase of the blood covering it. He turned on his heel, and when his gaze came to rest on the room behind him, the remaining gunners were dead. He nodded, before leaping forward out through the doorway. The squad knew its orders already. The Captain sheathed his sword, before once more bringing up his assault rifle, and began once more to leap and stride down the corridor. He could see more Angels up ahead, and two more Angels from his own company moving down the corridor on his left. The technicians in the engine room had now been given ample time to prepare, but nonetheless, they didn't have a chance...

---

Just as Dr Roshuan pulled the medical mask down over his nose and mouth, the sliding door to the medical bay of the Yudachi opened. A pair of medic-qualified crewmen rushed through it, pushing one of their fallen comrades in front of them on a stretcher-trolley. Greiner watched with satisfaction as a doctor immediately appeared beside the wounded man, quickly identifying the cause of the wound and helping the two other crewmen lift the stretched, with the casualty still lying on it, up off the trolley and onto the flat gunmetal slab that served both as a ward bed and an operating table. The Yudachi's advanced medical hospital provided more room to treat the wounded than did most warships, but space was still tight. The ship's Chief Medical Officer placed a presicion surgery headset on his head above the mask and quickly tapped a few buttons on the number keypad on the visor's side, entering the code to activate the headset. Immediately, the visor descended over his eyes, its transparency flawless. The vital signs of the unfortunate crewwoman lying on the operating table in front of him flickered into life before his eyes a moment later, fed to the headset by the various scanning equipment contained within the table. He paused briefly before nodding to the junior surgeon and nurse standing opposite the casualty, dressed in a similar fashion to himself, before finally pulling on a pair of mint green sterilised plastic gloves. Finally, he picked up a laser scalpel. In his mind, he ran over the account of the injury given by the two medics. The girl - she was young, he realised, no older than twenty - was an ensign, her post being junior technician. She had been in charge of maintaining the lateral sensor array on the forward hull section. The array had been hit by a blast of radiation released from Devoran weapons fire hitting the front shield arc, so the two medics had told them, and several of the tertiary mainframes had blown out. The luckless junior technician had been caught by a large piece of shrapnel that had torn straight through her right kidney. She was bleeding badly, and had lost consciousness before arrival at the medical bay. Although Roshuan had not told the two medics at the time, he had serious doubts that she would survive. Many of the medic-qualified crewmen knew little of surgery; they were trained to be able to stop a casualty from dying for long enough to speed them to the medbay and to the trained proffessional doctors, little more. They had indeed applied anti-bleeding salve, but the flow was still welling up from somewhere. Roshuan had immediately recognised that there was still shrapnel in there somewhere, still working its way further into her flesh with every slightest movement, still preventing the halt of the bleeding. He had given her priority and, weary of standing by while others performed his calling of earlier years, had elected to perform the surgery himself. Now to begin...

"Enable X-ray imaging," He said, flatly and with the minimum number of words. Time was of the essence. The nurse complied silently, reaching down with her right hand to press down on the touchscreen of a small computer console set into the bed at its foot. Immediately, the bed, the gunmetal deck beneath it, the woman, everything faded rapidly to a dull near-darkness, then, suddenly, from its midsts came the technician's skeleton, every bone picked out in brilliant white relief, supremely detailed. He bent forward, peering toward the abdomen. Sure enough, he could see three metal fragments embedded in the flesh between her kidneys. One was fair-sized, and looked jagged, it was likely the cause of the problem. Needless to say the other two had been moved anyway. Suddenly, a dull rumbling from the far-off ship's bow. Another weapons impact. The lights dimmed momentarily before flickering back to full intensity again, but the master surgeon barely even noticed; he was too preoccupied with watching the piece of jagged metal burrow further into the vital flesh around it. The medical bay was equipped with shock dampeners, but even the slightest touch could be critical. He had to get the shrapnel out as soon as possible. He looked up at the junior surgeon. He could see nothing, as there was no X-ray source positioned behind the man, but nonetheless Roshuan was confident that he wouldn't have moved.

"I am about to make the primary insicion. Brace it in position as soon as it is open." With this said, the surgeon set to work immediately, pressing his thumb down on the side button of the laser scalpel to activate it, before looking up again, this time at the nurse. "X-ray off." He said, again briefly, and in a few moments it was indeed off. He blinked twice, and with a gentle whirr of electornics the headset magnified the point just beneath the scalpel to two times normal size. Offering up a silent prayer to whatever divine entities might be watching the ultimately insignificent procedings down in the field hospital of the Yudachi, Greiner Roshuan made the insicion, the scalpel cutting through the skin effortlessly. Roshuan had performed surgery with metal implements before - all Clan military surgeons were required to be able to, for in some situations, such as total loss of power, they were the only things that could be used - and once more he praised the inventor of the laser scalpel. It not only cauterised the flesh around the insicion as it was made, preventing extra blood loss through necessary cuts, but also did not require sterilising. With the initial cut made, he released pressure from the button, and the brilliant flame of the laser flickered and died. Immediately, the junior surgeon had the magnetic clamps in place, forcing the flesh around the cut open. Greiner nodded in approval before continueing. He had already identified the position of the three pieces of shrapnel, and with his extensive experience of treating shrapnel wounds - the most common, even on starships - he knew the anatomy of the body almost off by heart. Bypassing the healthy kidney, he delved into the flesh beyond - the wound still held open by the clamps. After what seemed like hours more of cutting through the body, layer by layer and piece by piece, he was finally rewarded by the glimmer of metal, stained as it was by blood. "Bullet-remover." He said, again keeping talk to the minimum. The nurse, efficient as trained, immediately procured the powerful electromagnets designed for the removal of bullets or other metal items from wounds. Greiner took the magnet - it was small, no bigger than a pen - and inserted it down into the excavation shaft of sorts that he had created, turning it on where it neared the shrapnel. With a gentle hum of flowing electricity, the magnet flared into life. Immediately, the shrapnel dislodged from its precarious position and attached itself to the surface of the magnet. The surgeon lifted the magnet, still activated, up and out of the open wound, before deactivating it over a small, white ceramic bowl. The piece of shrapnel fell into it, clattering to a halt. At this moment the sliding doors to the medical bay again burst open, and through them was wheeled another casualty, this one screaming at the top of his lungs, his chest a torn and twisted mass of bleeding flesh. Roshuan did not allow himself to be distracted by it, but instead picked up the laser scalpel again, checked his patient's vital signs briefly, and once again leapt into the breach, searching for the other two pieces of shrapnel.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville

Last edited by No Dachi; 8 Jun 2004 at 18:05.
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 17:17   #456
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Re: I Have *Gargle* Returned & Kronos: Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
/ooc And with this, I officially announce my return to Rommy - just couldn't stay away, d*mnit. Will be posting my grand entrance/saving all yer arses tomorrow. For now, look at meh ships, and b*tch. ooc/

Kronos

Class:Battlecruiser (Upgrade from Cruiser, FREE)

Hull:

Chrono Hull (1 Additional Slot, FREE)
Heavy Armor (1 Additional Slot, FREE)

Shields:

Chrono Shields (6 Shield Mounts, FREE)
Chrono Shields (6 Shield Mounts, FREE) – Subject to approval by LH

Weapons:

2 x Chrono Pulse Cannon (20 Turret Mounts, FREE)
4 x Chrono Phaser 1s (16 Turret Mounts, 40,000c)
Particle Arrary (10 Turret Mounts, 18,000c)
- 10 x Pulse Phaser (20 Turret Mounts, 5,000c)
- 2 x Gatling Lasers (1 Turret Mount, 600c)
Tractor Beam Mk. 40 (6 Turret Mounts, 15,000c)
10 x Quantum Torpedoes (2 Shots) (10 External Mounts, 10,000c)

Support Craft:

32 Slipstream Fighters (7 External Mounts, 16,000c)
4 Nial Heavy Fighters (FREE, FREE)
1 Shogun Class Heavy Fighter (4 External Mounts, 2,000c)

Additionals:

Twin Turrets Upgrade (4 Slots, FREE)
Command Bridge (6 Additional Mounts, FREE)
Advanced AI Computer (1 Additional Mount/1 Tonne Hold, FREE)
Advanced Tactics Computer (1 Additional Mount, FREE)
Deflector Dish (1 External Mount, FREE)
Advanced Ship Probes (1 External Mount, FREE)
Phase Scanners (1 Additional Mount, FREE)
Mind Link (5 Additional Mounts, FREE)
Advanced AI Upgrade (1 Additional Mount/10 Tonne Hold, 500c)
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1 Additional Mount/10 Tonne Hold, 800c)

Sub-light Engines:

Impulse Drive (1 Engine Slot, FREE)

FTL Engines:

Slipstream Drive (1 Additional Slot, 25,000c)

Troops

2 x SSS - FREE
2 x ADCT – FREE
11 x Marines - FREE

Satellites/Probes
10 Mark 3 probes
10 Modified Orbital Sattelite/probes Mk V- as it says - this sattelite has 2 mounts to do with as you please - 10 tonnes each
2 “Decoy” Satellites
- Medium Shields (2)

4 “Blaster” Satellites
- Phaser IV (2)

- 2 x Cluster Missiles (2) (Empty)

2 “Hammer” Satellites
- 2 x Cruise Missiles (2) (Empty)
60 tonnes of fuel
Empty Mounts

1542 tonnes hold

The Phoenix

Class: Attack Frigate

Hull:

Heavy Armor (1 Additional Slot, 5,000c)

Shields:

Cloaking Shield (4 Shield slots/1 Additional Slot, 20,000c)

Weapons

3 x Fusion Beams (9 Turret Mounts, 3,000c)
1 x Pulse Phaser (2 Turret Mounts, 500c)
1 x Phaser G (1 Turret Mount, 450c)

Support Craft

20 Alpha Class Fighters (4 External Mounts, 2,000c)

Additionals

Advanced AI Ships Computer (1 Additional Slot/1 Tonne Hold, 250c)

Sub-light Engines:

Impulse Drive (1 Engine Slot, 2,000c)

FTL Engines:

Linear Drive (1 Additional Slot, 1,000c)

Troops:

2 x Marines (2 Tonne Hold, 1,000c)

Empty Mounts:

147 tonnes hold
welcome back and approved

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:42   #457
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc As a note to prevent some confusion, most of the stuff listed as FREE actually came from my old ship. The only things I actually got "for free" are, I believe, the upgrade to Battlecruiser, and the Double Turret Upgrade. Here is a copy of my old ship for your viewing pleasure. ooc/

Kronos (An alternate spelling for Chronos, the Greek god of time, in case anyone is interested )

Class: Cruiser - 40000c

Hull: Chrono Hull free – thanks LH
Heavy Armor – Free for Mission 5

Shields: Chrono Shields free – thanks again

Sub-light Engine

Impulse Drive – 2000c

Trans-light Drive

Trans Warp - 2000c

Weapons

1 x Chrono Pulse Cannon - 30,000
2 x Chrono Phaser 3 – 30,000
1 x Pulse Phaser – 500c
6 x Quantum Torpedoes – 6,000

Extras

Command Bridge -15,000c
Advanced AI Computer – 250c
Advanced Tactics Computer – 400c
Deflector Dish -300c
Advanced Ship Probes -50c
Cloaking Device -3000c
Phase Scanners -1000c
Mind Link -10,000c
10 Mark 3 probes

2 “Decoy” Satellites
- Medium Shields (2)

4 “Blaster” Satellites
- Phaser IV (2)

- 2 x Cluster Missiles (2) (6 missiles)

2 “Hammer” Satellites
- 2 x Cruise Missiles (2) (2 missiles)
60 tonnes of fuel
Marines

2 x SSS -1000c
2 x ADCT – 3000c
11 x Marines – 5500c

Cost Total: 150,000c

Slots Remainning:
15 external mounts
2 additional mounts
4771 tonnes cargo hold

Credits Remainning:
0 credits
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:36   #458
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Watching the monitors as the various weapons fired, Bakan watched the weapon ports on the Concordat #3 glow, brighter and brighter, then fire. Jerking reflexively, Bakan was shocked not to feel impacts against the hull of the Firestorm. Looking around, he saw other crewmembers also shocked, except the science officer, who's expression was one of pure fear.*

Science Officer: "Oh mother of all..... Redemption just suffered a series of direct hits... I'm reading multiple internal fires, and explosions."

Communications Officer: "I have lost contact with her, channels onboard are a mess.'

Science Officer: "She's gonna BLOW!!!"

Bakan: "Helm, break link, hard to port NOW!! Engineering and Cortana, boost shields NOW!!!"

*Outside, the Firestorm turned and fired her engines, trying to put as much distance between her and the Redemption, her hull aflame, nutrients spraying into space and internal components, both mechanical and organic flew out, the crewmembers entering the unforgiving vaccume of space faces open in silent screams as their blood started to boil out of their bodies, their eyeballs exploded from their skulls, and their toungues ripping out from this mouths like giant sausages. Internally, the explosions and fires spead uncontrollably despite the best efforts of the damage control teams. Several crewmembers rushed into escape pods, and blasted away, right before a series of explosions reached the Quantum torpedoe storage racks.*

*With a silent grace, the Redemption exploded in the most violent of explosions generate by the large number of Quantum Torpedoes exploding. The shockwave pushed out hundreds of debris and energy away. The Nightwing, slower than the Firestorm, strengthened her aft shields, but to no avail as the full brunt of the explosion smashed into her. The shield generators, overloaded by the explosions, exploded, ripping massive holes in the hull of the Nightwing. Engines firing uncontrollably and randomly, the Nightwing banked and weaved, tearing herself apart from the internal stresses, until another volley from one of the Concordats caused what was left of her to explode.*

*The Firestorm, faster than the Nightwing, her shields tougher, still braced herself as the massive explosion rolled over her. Shields collapsed, allowed the aft hull to blister and burn, internal components overheating and exploding. Crewmembers rushed around, sealing off breached sections, only to be torn away from the ship as their section was exposed to space. As the explosion continued on it's meary way, weapons fire from Concordat #3 smashed into the Firestorm, creating massive holes in her forward end. Great plumes of flame sprew from the holes.*

*Pulling himself up from the deck, Bakan winced as he moved his left leg. Looking down, he saw bone sticking from the end where his lower leg used to be. Pulling himself up, Bakan looked around, staring at the flaming bridge. The helmsman was facedown on his controls, hands burnt from eletrical overload. The tatical officer slowely pushed himself up one-handed, not noticing his other arm was several meters away. The first officer, always ready with information, lay relatively intact on the ground, minus his head twisted at a unnatural angle and a trickle of blood coming from the corner of his mouth. The entire bridge was aflame, with most of the panels and displays damaged and non-functional. Pulling himself into his command chair, Bakan looked at the viewport, amazingly still operational.*

Bakan: "Da... damage report?"

Engineering: "Hull breaches, all decks. Main power offline, secondary at 27%. No weapons, no shields, the hull is hemoragging."

Tatical: "We are dead...."

Bakan: "Status of engines?"

Cortana: "Sublights are still online..... I'm trying to stabilize the slipstream core, but it's been heavily damaged..... unable to eject, it's going to explode if we don't find a way to vent it's energies."

Bakan: "St... location of our target?"

Cortana: "She's right in front of us, it looks like she is letting us drift."

*Grunting as a fresh wave of pain hit him from his missing leg, Bakan hit the sides of his chair, causing a emergency flight control system to deploy from on front of him. Slowely grabbing the controls, Bakan grunts as he sees the engine displays, far to many of them in the red.*

Bakan: "We have to vent the energies or die.... yet we are dead once that Concordat decides to finish us off. Cortana, Engineering, give me as much Impulse power as possible, and be prepared to open a slipstream portal."

Engineering: "I..... I can't create a stable one, not like this."

Bakan: "But a unstable one you can create, yes?"

*Looking at Bakan, who stared back coldly, the Engineering officer smiling grimely, and nodded.*

Engineering: "Aye sir, I can create one huge-ass one."

Bakan: "Excellent, Cortana, launch the log becon, and signal for all hands to evacuate."

*As Bakan's voice faded away, a rarely heard alarm, one that no spacer wants to hear started to go off. Crewmembers dropped what they were doing, and rushed towards the nearest escape pod. As soon as each pod was filled it was launched into space, alongside the log becon, containing all information gathered from the ship during it's lifetime. The engines, heavily damaged, glowed with new life as a few volunteers in engineering stabilized it, and slowely the wreck that was the Firestorm moved forward towards the Concordat #3. Slowely her hull started to glow as the slipstream core began it's final overload, while at the same time the Engineering staff worked furiously to channel the energies. The Concordat, noticing the wreck moving towards it, fired again. The weapon blasts tore right through the Firestorm, killing dozens more, yet she continued to move forward.*

*on the bridge, Bakan smiled as the Concordat grew closer and closer. Dimly he heard the Engineering officer swear as he massaged the slipstream core, and Cortana saying something, then vanishing, most likely the AI network dying on the ship. Reaching the ideal range, Bakan smiled as the green light lit up, indicating the slipstream drive was ready. Nodding at the engineering officer, Bakan without a trace of hesitation, slamme dhis mechanical fist into the panel that activated the slipstream drive.*

*In front of the Firestorm, a slipstream portal appeared. Unlike the normal portal, this one was spherical, rumbling and rippling, and growing. The Firestorm, giving it all, channeled ALL the energies within her, and fed them into her already unstable slipstream core, and the portal expanded rapidly and uncontrollably. Striking the Firestorm, she was instantly torn apart by the unstable energies, sending parts of the ship into normal space, others into the realm of slipstream. The portal, still growing more and more, reached the Concordat #3. The shields on the Concordat flickered and flared, then collapsed. The portal's growth started to slow as it consumed more and more of the Concordat #3 until it's growth halted, then suddenly, barely visable, normal space fought back, and the slipstream port collapsed, the force acting like a black hole, sucking in anything nearby into the collapsing portal, until the barriers between slipstream and normal space had healed, leaving behind the empty space and debris from the remains of the Concordat #3.*

[To be Continued]

Summary
  • Redemption destroyed by enemy fire.
  • Shockwave from Redemption's destruction destroyed Nightwing and crippled Firestorm.
  • Firestorm assualted by Concordat #3, causing slipstream core to begin overloading.
  • Firestorm called for evacuation, launching as many personal as possible from the doomed ship.
  • Firestorm moved in close to Concordat #3 under the hand of Bakan, then overloaded the slipstream core as it generated a slipstream portal.
  • The portal, unstable grew at a expodential rate, destroying the remains of the Firestorm, then consuming a unknown quantity of the Concordat #3, until it collapsed in on itself, sucking in even more nearby objects into itself.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 00:29   #459
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Both of my ships also have Chrono Drives, although I use them more for plot points than any sort of ships' power. If they do have to be included in the standard equipment and take up slots, let me know . . . guess I'll have to get rid of a few things if that's the case. ooc/

/ooc Actual post now available below. It's a bit silly and threadbare to what I wanted, perhaps, but I'm not working on it anymore. ooc/

On the viewscreen of the Kronos, Julian watched as Kali expertly brought the ship around for another pass, and fed the targeting data into the Weapons Officer’s control board. Another barrage of Chrono weaponry lashed out, slipping past the Guardian’s faltering shields and finishing the job of rending the robotic ship’s hull apart. As one of the time displacing blasts slipped through a crack in the Guardian’s hull, all of the ship’s running lights went out. The Sensors Officer declared a moment later that the Guardian had completely powered down, and that the last hit had probably destroyed the computer AI running the ship.

That piece of junk Guardian is DEAD, Julian.

I can see that Kali. Good job. For once, you actually managed to accomplish being more than an annoying AI with an ego problem.

I do NOT have an ego problem! Well, ok, maybe a little bit, monkey boy.

“Uhhh . . . . sir? I’m reading a massive power spike from the Guardian . . .”

Not again! Why can’t you AIs ever STAY dead!!?

Julian directed his attention to the information coming in over at the Sensors station, and downloaded it into his brain for further study. A moment later his eyes went wide as he realized the obvious: the Guardian was about to self-destruct.

Well, if that’s how you feel . . .

Kali, get us out of here! The Guardian is about to blow!

Understood. Booking it now.

With reflexes far superior to a human’s, Kali immediately imputed the commands necessary to send the Kronos speeding away from the Guardian. Five seconds later, the ship exploded, sending a massive shockwave of energy in all directions.

Despite the quick response and the Kronos’s great speed, the shockwave still impacted against the rear shields, brutally twisting the ship about and causing the deck of the bridge to lurch sickeningly for a moment. Then the shockwave was passed, and the world returned to normal.

Well, I guess that solves the problem of who’s going to get the Guardian technology . . .

Greedy b*stard . . . that d*mn Guardian kept it all for himself.

With the Guardian dead, the Kronos and the other allied ships were allowed to explore the wormhole system at their leisure. As per the mission objectives, the Kronos fired several probes into the wormhole and took detailed sensor scans of the rest of the system. With the mission evidently finished, the allied ships began to jump out, one at a time. The Kronos was the last to leave, but as Kali powered up the FTL generators to create a Trans-warp conduit . . .

Oooohhhh shit. Julian, I’m picking up a MASSIVE temporal gate opening two light seconds off of our port bow.

GREAT. So, who’s coming to mess with us this time? Our old friends the Chronians, or the Devorans?

My money’s on the Devorans. The signature is too big to be any known Chronian ship.

As the temporal gate continued to form and coalesce, preparing to spit out whatever was going to come through the rift in time, Julian felt a presence approaching. It was a familiar presence, and yet alien at the same time. In a sudden flash of insight, Julian realized just who he was about to face, yet again.

“He’s coming . . .” Julian murmured with a sense of dread, and yet at the same time, anticipation.

A moment later, the temporal gate finally finished forming, and a ship emerged. Not just a ship, but a planet, made out of layer after layer of armor plating and weapons. It was obviously of Devoran make, although such a large ship had never been seen before.

“Sir, the Devoran ship is hailing us. Shall I put it through?” The Comms Officer asked.

Go ahead. Let’s see give the b*stard a chance to blow hot air.

As the Comms Officer opened the channel, Julian allowed Kali to see his own insight into what they were about to face. Kali swore profusely and then the Comms Officer was finished establishing the channel.

On the viewscreen, a vast expanse appeared. Just like a Borg ship, hundreds of thousands of Devoran drones moved about in the background, carrying out the instructions they had been given. In the foreground, however, and taking up most of the viewscreen, was Nathan Hunt. As in Julian’s dream, Hunt was covered with Chrono Borg instruments and barely appeared human.

“Hello Julian.” Hunt said, his voice sounding as alien as his body looked. Evidently Hunt had a Devoran voice-box now along with all his other “upgrades”.

“Hello Hunt. I’m somewhat surprised to see you still alive. Last time I saw you, you were lying at my feet with a nice big hole in your chest.”

Sub-consciously, Hunt raised a clawed hand up towards his chest, before he realized what he was doing and stopped himself.

“I wanted to thank you for all this in person, Julian. So, I have come here in my personal ship to do just that. If not for you, Julian, I would not have died right before I entered that temporal rift. If not for you, I would not have been picked up by the Devorans. If not for you, I wouldn’t have been revived and become . . . one . . . with the Devoran Hive.”

“Well, congratulations Hunt. I’m surprised you’re taking this so well, however. I’d have thought Devoran Drone is a bit of a . . . step down from Emperor of the Known Universe.”

For a brief moment, irritation flashed over Hunt’s face, but then it returned to the bland, expressionless face that seemed so common for members of the Borg Hive.

“I am now above such petty things, Julian. Likewise, I have forgiven you for your crime of murdering me. Instead, I am here to offer you a priceless gift. I am here to offer you the chance to join the Devorans. Willingly. The addition of you and your crew to the Devoran Hive would only serve to strengthen it . . . and you will join us. I want you to join us of your own free will, but mark my words: you will join us. One way, or the other.”

“And since when have I given a d*mn for what you want, Hunt!? Kiss my already-Borgified *ss. You, and all those billions of Devorans you brought with you.”

Kali, get that Trans Warp conduit up NOW.

I’ve been trying to do just that for the past couple minutes. The Devorans are somehow blocking me from opening up a Conduit.

“Very well Julian, if that is what you will.” Hunt replied, and then his eyes took on an empty look as he intoned, “We are the Devorans. You will be assimilated. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.”

“Channel has been cut, sir.” The Comms Officer reported, and the Sensors Operator swore. “They’re powering up weapons . . . all of them. It’s like someone plugged in a f*cking Christmas tree.”

Get us the H*LL out of here NOW, Kali!

I’m trying!! There, conduit open.

On the viewscreen, an aquamarine tunnel opened between the massive Devoran warship and the Kronos. The Kronos’s Helmsman wasted no time in heading into the gaping maw of the tunnel, and a few moments later the ship was surrounded by the Trans-Warp conduit.

“Set course for Ankaa, and get us there as fast as you can. We’ve all got some serious prob –“

“There’s a massive surge of energy in the Trans-Warp conduit, sir!! It’s directly behind us!” The Sensors Operator shrieked, and then he suddenly turned dead pale.

“Dear God . . .”

The stunned Sensors Operator numbly tapped a key, and the viewscreen shifted to a view of the Kronos’s aft. Beyond, there was a massive flash of light: presumably the energy surge. And then suddenly the light faded, revealing the unbelievable sight of the Devoran planet-sized warship following after them in the Trans-Warp conduit.

“Im – impossible! Nothing can enter a Trans-Warp conduit except the ship that created it!” The Helmsman said, starring in horror at the image of the Devoran warship slowly closing on them, inch-by-inch.

The Devorans obviously can. Alright people, give me some options here.

“Surrender?” The Tactical Officer helpfully suggested, and then shrugged when Julian glared at him.

We could try using the Chrono Drive to escape through time. Obviously the Devorans can follow us, and maybe even track us, but with any luck we’ll be able to lose them in a series of small time-jumps.

Well Kali, if that’s your recommendation . . .

It’s my only recommendation. The Devorans are now one minute, twenty four seconds from extreme firing range: we don’t have a lot of time left.

Do it.

Activating Chrono Drive now.

Within the aquamarine tunnel of the Trans-Warp conduit, a new tunnel opened. This tunnel was a shade of dark blue, flecked by flashes of lightning (think DS9 wormhole), and was a visual representation of the Chrono Drive’s time travel. Not sparing a moment, the Kronos dived into the tunnel of time, Nathan Hunt’s massive ship right behind.

What followed was a wild and harrowing chase through time, as Kali sought to elude the Devoran pursuit through a series of time jumps. The Devorans relentlessly followed, and ever slowly began to close the gap. Soon, they were in extreme firing range, and then long range. Still, the Devorans continued to close, and held their fire except for the occasional volley that shook the Kronos like a rag doll. Clearly, some part of Hunt was enjoying this, and wanted to prolong the game for as long as possible.

This isn’t working, Julian. The Devorans will soon be in range for transporter boarding. And then, I’m sure Hunt will be all too happy to end this game by blasting our shields down and transporting a couple thousand Devorans over.

Yes Kali, well what do you want me to do about all this? Turn you into a bomb and somehow take out Hunt’s freaking mobile planet in that one blast?

Suddenly, Julian noticed on the viewscreen an offshoot from the time conduit. It was marked by far more lightning than the average conduit, almost certainly indicating that it was quite dangerous.

Kali . . . what if we ducked down that side conduit up ahead?

Have you become suicidal as well as insane? That little side “conduit” is filled with temporal distortions. If we get hit by one of those . . .

We’re dead anyway. I’d rather not give Hunt the pleasure of killing me, so do it.

Alright . . . fine. I never wanted to live forever either. Let’s just hope Hunt isn’t as crazy as we are.

The Kronos raced down the conduit, and towards the lightning-filled maw of the side conduit. As the ship approached the tunnel’s mouth, Kali took direct control of the Helm.

I think I had better drive through this part . . . you apes will be too busy hanging on to pilot as fast as I can. Let’s just hope I’m fast enough to dodge all those temporal eddies. Strap yourselves in tight, we’re going . . . shit.

Just as the Kronos reached the entry point of the side tunnel, it was rocked by a focused volley of firepower from the Devoran warship. Evidently, Hunt had seen the side tunnel as well, and most certainly didn’t want the Kronos going in there. Wave after wave of fire sleeted off of the war-planet, hammering the Kronos.

Shields failing!! We’re entering the conduit now!

Just then, the ship lurched sickeningly as a last blast of fire from the Devoran warship struck the aft section of the Kronos, skewing it around while the destructive energies ate away at the hull.

Engines have been hit! We’re starting to drift . . . oh sh*t.

Looking at the viewscreen, Julian could see that with the wounded Kronos was heading directly for one of the lightning bolts traversing up and down the side conduit.

“Oh sh*t indeed.” Julian muttered, and then braced himself for impact as the lightning bolt filled the screen . . .

There was a brilliant flash of light, and the room spun crazily for a moment. When the light faded, Julian found himself somehow standing on a beam of brilliant white light, in an endless plain of white.

“Where the h*ll am I? Hello!!!???”

An-all too familiar voice answered him.

“Welcome to Oblivion, Julian. I hope you enjoy your stay.”

Whirling around, Julian found Nathan Hunt standing a few feet away. Hunt’s various mechanical parts whined and clumped as he walked forward until he was nearly nose-to-nose with Julian. His mouth then split open into a wide grin, revealing the all-too-perfect set of teeth he had: one of the few things the Devorans had seen fit not to change, evidently.

“You’re dead, Julian. Oh, perhaps not dead just yet, but when you wake up you’ll wish you were. You’re trapped Julian: trapped inside of time itself. I couldn’t think of a worse death for you, although it saddens me somewhat that you won’t get to experience the bliss of the Devoran Hive Mind first. Nevertheless, you are as surely dead as if I had shot you myself. And even if you do somehow escape from your current predicament, understand this: the Devorans will control the entire Eridanni sector soon. You’ll have no place to run, no place to hide. And after I tie-up a few loose ends for the Hive Mind, I’ll have the rest of my life to await your improbable return. Good-bye, Julian.”

Hunt then took a step back, and began to slowly fade away, like a picture overexposed to the sun. Snarling, Julian leapt forward and drove his fist through the fading image, scattering it as easily as if it was a cloud of dust. Then, a wave of weakness crashed through him, and Julian collapsed onto the floor, blacking out almost before he had hit the ground . . .

Minutes, hours, or perhaps even days later, Julian was able to claw his way back to consciousness. He had no idea how much time had gone by, if time even had any meaning in the bizarre environment of the time warp. As awareness of his surroundings slowly returned to him, Julian realized that he was lying on the all-too familiar floor of the Kronos’s bridge, face-up. Grunting, he pushed himself up into a sitting position, and even his Borg-enhanced muscles ached from the strains they had been put under.

Is everyone alright? Kali?

Taking a deep breath to steel himself for what he knew was going to be painful, Julian pushed himself up onto his feet. His body exploded into pain, although it faded to a dull throb once Julian managed to get firmly onto his feet. His body wasn’t quite done punishing him, however, and the deck under him spun crazily, and for several moments Julian thought that he would blackout once again. Fighting for consciousness, he staggered over to the nearest source of support: the Helmsman’s chair.

When he was only a step or two away from the chair, Julian’s knees buckled, and he was almost thrown to the deck. Growling, Julian flung himself forward, and wrapped his arms around the top part of the chair. His legs temporarily out of commission, Julian had to support his entire weight by his arms, and he could hear the steel frame of the Helmsman’s chair groaning beneath the leather cushion as he hugged the chair with all his Borg-enhanced might.

Finally feeling somewhat secure in his perch, despite his legs still rebelling, Julian turned his head to try to have a look around the Bridge to see what condition it was in. Immediately his vision exploded into stars, and once again Julian nearly blacked out. The pain nearly caused Julian to loosen his hug on the chair, but a second later he retightened his grip, this time causing the steel frame to actually squeal as Julian squeezed even harder than before.

Hoping his helplessness was only temporary, Julian reluctantly placed his chin on the top of the chair, and waited. Since he couldn’t scan the bridge by turning his head, his eyes would have to do, and Julian focused on each thing within his field of vision, one thing at a time.

One of the first things Julian noticed was that the Helmsman was still present, slumped back into his chair. His head hung at an odd angle just inches below Julian’s chin: the kind of angle one’s head would hang at when their neck was broken. Careful not to accidentally slip off or break the chair, Julian used his bearhug position to shake the chair back and forth, and jiggle the Helmsman’s body. In response, the Helmsman’s head lolled about in a completely unnatural way, confirming in Julian’s mind that the Helmsman was most certainly dead. Fearing the worst, Julian once again attempted to contact his crew via the Mind Link.

Hello!? Is everyone alright!? Kali!? Answer me, d*mnit!

“Jul . . . ian. You are . . . a . . . live.” The voice came from the direction of one of the bridge’s speakers, instead of from all around him, as it was in the Mind Link. The voice was laced with static and quivering, but it was clearly that of Kali. Upon hearing the voice, Julian instantly realized that while they might still be alive, some very bad things had just happened to his ship. Among those bad things was almost certainly the complete loss of the Mind Link, as the link between Julian and Kali was the strongest aboard the ship, and if they were unable to communicate, neither would anyone else be able to.

Realizing that the Mind Link was gone, perhaps forever, Julian swallowed and thrust his growing fear back down to where it belonged: in the pit of his stomach. And then, he began to speak to Kali, perhaps the first time he had done so since they had met.

“Kali . . . how are you looking?”

“He . . .h . . . heh . . . like h . . . ell. My comp . . . uter . . . banks are . . . dam . . . aged. Ship sys . . . tems . . . out . . . all o . . . ver place. I’m . . . try . . . trying . . . to . . . repair.”

“Well, I’ll come try to help you, once my legs start cooperating again. How are the crew?”

“They . . . all . . . dead.”

“WHAT!?? How the bloody h*ll can the entire crew be dead!!?”

“You . . . are . . . Borg. I . . . am . . . impress . . . ive . . . AI. They had . . . no . . . chance.”

Feeling the very air being driven from his lungs, Julian felt his arms let go of the chair, and he crumpled to a heap on the deck.

“No . . . it can’t be. It has to be bullsh*t . . . complete, utter bullsh*t.”

“It . . . is . . . true. My in . . . ternal . . . sensors . . . are . . . down, bu . . . t . . . before . . . they . . . collapsed . . . I . . . did . . . scan. One . . . lifesign . . . on Bridge.”

“So my Borg implants were the only thing that save me. I guess if I’m this bad, everyone else would have to be dead. But you’re sure that there were no survivors anywhere? Isn’t at least one other person on this entire ship also Borg?”

“Posi . . . tive. And . . . you . . . were . . . first. And . . . now . . . last.”

“Great. Just f*cking great. So, what do we do now?”

“Die . . . althou . . . gh . . . I . . . suppose . . . you won’t . . . accept . . . that.”

For a moment, Julian’s lips curved upward in a wry smile.

“That’s exactly right. Now then . . .” Julian grunted as he shifted himself over onto the more comfortable resting position of his back, and straightened out his legs.

“Exactly how long will it take for my Borg nanites to repair whatever damage I’ve obviously suffered to my brain and spinal column?”

“Depend . . . ing . . . on . . . sever . . . ity . . . up to . . . two . . . weeks . . . or . . . never.”

“TWO WEEKS!!? What am I supposed to do, gnaw on myself and drink my own p*ss?”

“Your . . . nanites . . . should . . . sustain . . . you. I . . . would . . . recommend . . . doing . . . . some . . . thing . . . after . . . a few . . . days. You . . . should . . . feel . . . much . . . better . . . then.”

“And what about you? I assume you’re somehow repairing yourself.”

“No.”

“NO!? I thought you were a freaking super-genius AI that could do anything.”

“Not . . . this. It . . . would be . . . like . . . you . . . doing . . . brain . . . surgery . . . on yo . . .urself . . . with . . . a b . . . utter . . . . knife.”

“Well fine then. I’ll fix you once I’m better. At least one of us is still useful.”

“Ha . . . ha.”

One Week Later . . .

Julian took a deep breath, and carefully began to climb down the turbolift shaft. Every now and then the lift would spin around, but the feeling would quickly fade. At least it would, until Julian stopped to look down. With power out in most sections of the ship, the turbolifts were no longer functioning. Therefore Julian would have to climb down several levels to get to a Repair Hold to gather the necessary computer repair equipment, and then down several more levels to get to the Main Computer Hub.

Although Kali had nodes and data lines throughout the Kronos, making her virtually impossible to destroy without taking out the entire ship, Julian suspected that the Kronos had, indeed, been nearly destroyed.

With the bridge near the top of the turbolift, and the gravity generators apparently being one of the few things that hadn’t failed, Julian would fall quite a long ways if he slipped. As he began to slowly clump down the turbolift ladder, Julian wondered if his Borg-enhanced body could possibly survive such a fall. Considering his weakened state from the muscle and nerve damage he received, Julian doubted it.

Suddenly, Julian felt his feet lift off from the rungs of the ladder. Thinking that his feet had somehow slipped off and he was about to fall, Julian gave out a yelp and clenched his fists, crumpling the steel ladder as his hands closed about the metal in a death grip.

Fortunately, his mind took over from his reflexes a moment later, and Julian realized that someone had turned off the anti-gravity. No doubt it would make his climb somewhat safer, if not easier, and Julian breathed a sigh of relief as he loosened his grip and rotated himself so that his head was where his feet were a moment before. Then, he began to pull himself down the ladder with his hands, rung by rung, letting his legs drift free.

“Thanks.”

“You . . . wel . . . come. I . . . need . . . the p . . . ower . . . any . . . way.”

Forty-six Days Later . . .

“There . . . that should be the last circuit panel. Now, you d*mn well better work, or I’m going to go crazy.” Julian muttered, half to himself as he fitted the last replacement panel into place.

“Well . . . that certainly feels better. Took you long enough, monkey boy.”

“Welcome back. I, of course, had to take you offline to do full repairs . . . you’ve been gone for forty-two days.” Julian said after consulting his mental chronometer for a moment.

“Well, while I understand you’re just one human, surely you could have worked a little faster?”

Tears of joy filled Julian’s eyes, as he slumped against the nearest wall, feeling utterly drained.

“I . . . was so worried . . . that I would miss a panel, or something, and that . . . that you’d be gone. And then I would be utterly alone . . . on this f*cking graveship.”

“Sshh . . . it’s ok dearie. Momma Kali is here now, and she’s going to give that ruffian Nathan Hunt a good kicking in the *ss for you.”

For this comment, Kali had opted to mimic a quavering old lady’s voice, and for some reason Julian found it so funny that he began to giggle. Then he began to laugh, and finally was reduced to howling laughter as he rolled back and forth on the floor. A few minutes later, feeling much less stress and at least five years younger after his nerve-wracking work over Kali’s “brain”, Julian straightened up again and began to wipe tears from his eyes.

“Thanks, I really needed that.”

Kali didn’t reply, causing Julian to worry if perhaps some circuit had suddenly failed, and he would be alone after all. Then, she spoke again.

“Julian, I think it might be best if we put you in some sort of cryogenic stasis soon, while I finish up the rest of the repair work myself. I will, baring another circumstance like this one, undoubtedly will live forever, or at least as close to forever as anything is going to get. You, however, have a definite timeline, and despite your Borg implants significantly extending your life, you may still not see the end of the repairs.”

“May not see the end of the repairs . . . just how long do you think it’s going to take to make full repairs on yourself?”

“Full repairs are at this point impossible. Both Chrono Phaser 3s have been sheered off by the temporal displacement that we struck, along with all of the other damage we sustained by Hunt’s mad rampage of firepower with his worldship. The Cloaking Device has also been lost, along with a fairly significant portion of my hull, and a few other, more minor, items.”

“Great. So how long will it take to get everything that is possible to repair, back in tip-top shape? Assuming the two of us work together.”

“Assuming the two of us work together, and using just the stores of spare parts we have, plus whatever we can fashion, plus whatever I can actually build from scratch using nanites and interstellar dust – yes, I know I’m a genius, you can thank me later – it will take us . . . ninety-four years, eleven months, and thirteen days, and eight hours. Give or take a couple minutes.”

It took several moments for Julian to realize that his mouth was hanging agape, although he quickly regained his composure. However, his next comment revealed that while he appeared to have regained his composure, it was only skin-deep.

“Ninety-four YEARS!!??”

“Plus eleven months, thirteen days, and eight hours. Although I’ll admit I’m at a rather diminished state, still, as most of my secondary computer banks are still offline, yes, I can still do basic damage and repair calculations. I would give you the basic data, but since we don’t have the Mind Link anymore, I can’t exactly force feed you the simple arithmetic step-by-step. Therefore, while your upgraded sack of electrolytes might be able to figure out the equations yourself, you’re just going to have to trust me on this one.”

“Fine. So by the time we get out of here, I’m going to be an old, old man.”

“I wouldn’t put it at exactly old, old . . . you’d probably be the biological equivalent of a man in his late fifties, early sixties . . . something like that. And the ninety-year timeline is only assuming we ARE completely undisturbed. I’m not strong enough yet to start throwing in all sorts of other nasty variables, like micro-meteoroids plowing through the hull, or a gang of space pirates showing up, or knock-on-your-thick-oaken-head, Hunt showing up again.”

“Lovely. Do you even know what’s around us, currently?”

“Actually . . . no, I don’t. D*mn your pig-headed brain for actually asking the one question I can’t answer at the moment. Currently, all of my sensors are fried, both short-range and long-range.”

“Wonderful. So we’re a crippled ship, currently adrift in space, with no idea where we’re going, or what’s going on around us. Some warship you turned out to be.”

“Don’t forget when, buddy boy. Last time I checked, we were in a time conduit, heading who knows where, when we plowed straight into a temporal distortion, and everything went to h*ll.”

Julian chewed his lip thoughtfully for a moment, and then made his decision.

“Alright. The very first thing we need to do is figure out just what, exactly, is around us, and where, exactly, we are. So . . . the next repair job is the sensors. Would you like me to work on short range sensors first, or long range?”

“Long range would probably be best. If needed, I can cut the long range sensors’ range down to sweep the area immediately around us. The resolution will be sh*t, but it will be better than blank space.”

“Ok then, let’s get to work. How long to repair the long-range sensors, assuming both of us work together?” Julian asked, pushing himself back up to his feet. Fortunately, Kali had enabled gravity in this section of the Kronos before Julian had began to work on her, otherwise Julian would have went flipping head-over-heels. As it was, he was a little bit shaky getting back onto his feet: the strain of being alone for so long had obviously affected him more than he had expected. And now, it would be possibly weeks, or maybe even months, before they could have see where they were. Kali, at least, would be there to talk to now, and Julian knew that after another few months of endless work single-handedly replacing seemingly every piece of equipment on the ship, Kali might be all that stood between him and insanity.

“It should take roughly six weeks, assuming you actually hustle for once in your life. Oh, and I have taken the liberty of finally dispatching the cleaning bots to remove the decomposing bodies from those parts of the ship I still have some control over. Your Borg-enhanced body should have no trouble dealing with any bacteria produced by the decomposition of the bodies, but knowing your “delicate” sense of smell, I would recommend deactivating your olfactory sense for a couple weeks.”

Slinging his trusty repair kit over his back and firmly tightening all of the straps, Julian walked out of the Main Computer Hub room. As he left, he paused in the doorway and turned to regard the glowing panels of circuitry that was all he had left now.

“Thanks.”

Then he left the room, allowing the doors to slowly slid shut behind him as he made his way to the turbolift doors, and begin the long Zero-G climb back up to the Bridge.

Thirty-seven days later . . .

“There. The last d*mned burnt out wire for the long-range sensors grid should now be fixed. Go ahead and try funneling power into the sensor grid through those jury-rigged conduits I made up.”

His back complaining to him about being held in one position for too long, Julian slowly slid himself out from under the very cramped quarters of the sensor station’s interior. Careful not to bang his head against the edge of the console (something he had learned not to do very quickly during his repair job), Julian sat up, and pushed himself up onto his feet.

Grateful to sit down and rest for a couple minutes, he hobbled over to his command chair in the center of the bridge, and settled himself in comfortably to wait. Soon, the hum of power began to come from the sensor operator’s console, and although dozens of the status lights were red, a few were green or yellow. Although cracked, the Krono’s viewscreen could still generate a picture from the sensor data it was being fed. And indeed, although laced heavily with static, a picture began to slowly form on the viewscreen as Kali probed the area around them with the repaired sensors.

As expected, the viewscreen’s picture was quite blurry, due to the low resolution of the long range sensors when used to scan the immediate area around the Kronos. However, Julian was able to see that a dark, hazy shape took up more than half the viewscreen, and beyond that was a dark blue background.

“Is that . . . a ship?” Julian wondered out loud, leaning forward and squinting his eyes in an attempt to sharpen the dark image. It was, of course, a futile effort, and the identity of the dark blot filling most of the viewscreen remained unclear. Frustrated, Julian leaned back into his chair and said, “Alright Kali, enough looking around at our immediate area. Switch back to long range.”

The viewscreen flickered a moment, and then presented a scene so shocking that Julian actually leaped off of his command chair and run up to the viewscreen for a closer look. Eyes wide, Julian simply shook his head in shock at the h*llish scene before him.

On the viewscreen, large enough to be clearly discernable, drifted no less than fourteen crippled and gutted ships. The dozens of dark blots visible beyond those fourteen ships suggested that those fourteen ships weren’t the only casualties. As a backdrop for this captain’s nightmare, a dark blue shimmering could be seen, flecked with the occasional lightning bolt.

Although her artificial voice did not hold any note of shock in it, Julian could tell that even she was awed by the sight.

“I count one hundred and twenty-six different vessels within scanner range. All of them are of different origins, and sizes . . . no life-signs on any of them, and only a few power readings. Several of the vessels aren’t even in my data banks . . . hmm . . . three of the vessels are actually of Chronian make. How odd.”

“Kali . . . is it just me, or do I see a time conduit behind those ships? It certainly looks like one.”

“I do not detect any time conduits in the area currently, but my sensors only extend for a short distance beyond the ships I have thus far detected. For all I know, the entire area for a lightyear around us could be filled with nothing but dead ships.”

“Ok then, what am I seeing on the viewscreen if it’s not a time conduit? You’re supposed to be the expert on your own systems: explain to me where that blue background is coming from.”

“The viewscreen’s picture is an amalgamation of the various sensor packages throughout the ship. Obviously, most of my sensors are down at the moment, but there are a few of the long range packages working: the ones that you fixed. I am analyzing those sensor packages to determine which one is providing the blue background . . . let’s see here. Ahah: a visual sensor is responsible for the background. Obviously, anything relying on visible light will have a longer range than any of my other sensors. Of course, those sensors also yield the least useful amount of information, in most cases, and so are ignored.”

“Well, those visual sensors are one of the few things that can tell us about our surroundings for now. And since they have the longest range of our working equipment, we’ll probably have to rely on them to explore wherever the h*ll we are. Funny . . . centuries ago mankind relied on the naked eye, enhanced by various instruments, to explore space. It would seem that we are now in a similar situation.”

“Indeed. And maybe next time, we’ll fight the Devorans with sticks and stones. Give me a fully operational sensor suite anyday.”

“You’ll have to wait awhile for that . . . say, five years? For now, visual will have to do. Hmm . . . is there anyway you can ignore all of the data from the other sensor packages, and just display the visual sensor’s data on the viewscreen?”

“I’m the sentient AI for a highly advanced, temporal warship. Of course I can do something that simple.”

A moment later, the viewscreen’s picture shifted, blurred, and then became clear again. Julian could see that this was indeed un-augmented visual data, as all of the ships in view were nothing more than small hazy flecks of black against the lightning-streaked blue background. Usually, the more advanced sensors of the Kronos provided a visual magnification to the viewscreen, making an object even a few lightseconds away appear as if only a few meters away instead. That magnification was clearly lacking here, but at the same time Julian was given a wider field of view of the area of space around the Kronos. A fair trade-off, considering all Julian was interested in at this point was the temporal conduit-like background. Now able to see a wider patch of that background, Julian was convinced that the Kronos was indeed in some form of temporal conduit.

“So . . . are you still going to tell me that we’re not in a temporal conduit, when all visual evidence says that YES, we still are in one!?”

“Yes I will, if only because you humans will believe anything your primitive light sensing organs will tell you. It is a scientific fact that ships left to drift in a temporal conduit are quickly pushed out of it: often in one of several places and times. This graveyard of ships was obviously the scene of an important battle: therefore, it is a strong temporal node, and a natural place for us to be deposited upon leaving the time stream.”

“Ok then . . . explain the presence of the other Chronian ships, and the fact that instead of seeing the star-lit blackness of space, I’m seeing the blueness of a temporal conduit!”

“Well, as I said a moment ago, this location is obviously a strong temporal node, so any crippled Chronian ships could have found their way here. As for the visual illusion of a temporal conduit surrounding us . . .”

Kali continued to prattle on, citing several cutting-edge theories in temporal mechanics, but Julian ignored her attempt to explain away the background. Instead, he watched in wonderment as a series of lightning bolts intensified in one section of the viewscreen. Normally in a temporal conduit, the lightning strikes, or temporal distortions, were fairly regular and even. Here, the lightning bolts were forming and dissipating rapidly, and the process seemed to be accelerating.

“Kali . . . what is that? On the viewscreen, that mass of lightning strikes.”

“I’ve never detected anything like that before. More than likely, it’s a visual illusion, just like the time conduit coloration of the space around us that your eyes are detecting.”

The lightning flashes abruptly stopped, and then suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light in the same location the lightning strikes had been a moment before. When the light faded, Julian was shocked to see that the blue coloration in that area was gone. In its place was a watery and shimmering view of deep space. Through this “window” Julian was able to see that the area of deep space he was seeing wasn’t entirely empty.

A small fleet of ships swarmed around a large space station and several truly massive ships. It appeared that an evacuation was underway. A few moments later, Julian could see what they were fleeing, as a Devoran Battlegroup exited hyperspace. Most of the escorting flotilla of ships broke off to engage the Devorans, attempting to keep them away from the massive ships by the space station: evidently transports or colony ships of some sort. Although the fighting was fierce, it was quickly obvious that the Devorans had the upper hand, and the defending ships began to fall, one by one. The situation quickly turned even grimmer, as a second Devoran battlegroup warped in on the opposite side of the space station, catching the defenders in a pincer maneuver. With most of the convoy’s defenders away engaging the first Devoran group, fighters deployed by the Devoran Command Carrier in the second battlegroup tore the massive transports to pieces. As the first transport fell apart and exploded into a cloud of debris, there was another brilliant flash, and the blue background returned.

“Oh sh*t . . . now I know where we are. I can’t believe it . . . this place is supposed to be a myth . . .”

Noticing another series of lightning flashes were starting up a short distance away from the first one on the viewscreen, Julian tore himself away to face the rest of the bridge, and the speaker that Kali was using to communicate with him.

“Myth? Well, clearly it’s not a myth if we’re here now. So, how about you tell me this “myth”.”

Kali sighed, and then explained. “While I refused to believe it until just now, I had a few suspicions before that little show confirmed it. We are currently in the Crossroads of Time, a mythical place to the Chronians. According to the myth, the Crossroads are a secluded, quiet place within the time conduits. From the Crossroads of Time, it is believed that one can instantly travel to any point in time, unlike the normally slower point to point travel of the time conduits. The trick, of course, is to find the Crossroads of time. The Chronians searched for this place for ages: eventually they gave up after losing several ships. Evidently, those missing ships found the Crossroads alright, but the crews didn’t live to report their success.”

Turning back to the viewscreen, Julian was treated to another space battle, this one above a large ocean planet. Darting about in orbit like gnats were hundreds of ships: a formidable defense fleet. Julian realized that large fleet or not, the planet was doomed as the first wave of Devoran ships jumped in. Consisting of what appeared to be thousands of ships, the Devorans clearly outnumbered the defenders, and with their technological edge as well, it was a slaughter. Julian watched the battle in silence, and turned away from the viewscreen and back to Kali after the fight degraded into a mop-up for the Devorans.

“So, the fact that the Chronians sent expeditions out looking for this place explains the Chronian ships here, but what about the other ships? What are they doing in this . . . Crossroad of Time?”

“They were probably “destroyed” by various temporal distortions. That is another supposed purpose of the Crossroads of Time: to give temporally destroyed ships a place to go. I highly doubt any of the ships’ crews survived the journey however, and if you’ll look closely you can see that all of the ships are heavily damaged, just like we are.”

“Wonderful. So we have the power to go to any point in time, but we’re too heavily damaged and crewless to do all that much once we get there.”

“That’s it in a nutshell. And from the look of things, it doesn’t seem likely that we’re going to find a place to stop and rest anytime soon. The Devorans appear to have launched their final assault, so unless you want to go back to prehistoric times, where we won’t find a place to rest and restock anyway, or ahead into the distant future and find a galaxy’s worth of Devorans waiting for us . . .”

“We’re going to emerge in the thick of the fighting.” Julian finished.

“Righto. And as you said before, a badly damaged ship with a single crewman and a genius AI isn’t just a bad tactical situation: it’s suicide.”

Hearing the familiar description for most of his escapades, Julian smirked. “So what else is new? We’ll figure something out. For now Kali, I want you to start analyzing all of the battles against the Devorans you can find via the time portals. See if you can find a battle where the entrance of a single ship into the battle at the right time might tip the scales against the Devorans. Meanwhile, I’ll get to work on repairing the short-range sensors.”

“I doubt I’ll find any such battles, but I’ll do my best.”

Forty-Six Days Later . . .

“So, what’s our situation now? Are we almost ready to dock with that Chronian Strike Destroyer?” Julian asked, pulling himself up into the bridge from the turbolift shaft.

“Yes. ETA is about five minutes. Lining up the airlocks using only a handful of maneuvering thrusters is going to be tricky, even for me. When I tell you that we’re about to dock, I suggest that you’re prepared for a bumpy ride for a couple minutes.”

“Alright. So, are you finished with that analysis of when and where we could make the most difference?”

“While I’m not finished with analyzing every battle, I have calculated the odds of one thousand, five hundred and sixty-one battles. I have determined from these calculations that the addition of a single ship, at any point during the Devoran War of Annihilation on the Eridanni Sector, will have absolutely no effect on the outcome, except adding another dead human and one AI to the war’s final body count. On an individual battle basis, there is only a handful where the addition of a single ship could even come close to improving the odds. Paradoxily, of all the battles I have analyzed since arriving here, it was the first battle that we viewed that had the closest odds of going for either side. Compared to some of the battles to come, that first battle is a mere skirmish, however the low number of ships for each side means that the addition of another adversarial ship might just have turned the battle against the Devorans.”

“Ok then . . . let’s get you fixed up, and go.”

“If you remember, Julian, it will still take years to repair me, even with the resources of the other deserted ships at our disposal. And even once you repair me, there are still the following facts: we still have only one human and one AI at our disposal; the Mind Link may or may not be repairable, and if it is not we will not have instantaneous communication and control over the ship; and it will be highly difficult, or not impossible, or me to control and repair the entire ship by myself in a combat situation. We need a crew of some sort, Julian. I suggest we go back a week before the Devoran attack, and get ourselves a full crew together.”

“Yeah, and what if the Devorans scout out the system before the attack, and discover that there’s one more ship than they were expecting? They’ll probably send even more of their ships in, and make our odds of pulling this off even lower. No, we have to appear right in the middle of the battle, preferably towards the end of it so that the Devorans don’t have enough time to react and send in additional ships.”

“Fine then . . . tell me how you intend on crewing this ship then, so that we will at least be effective in a combat situation.”

“Actually, I think the answer to that is right here. Do you remember that robotic ship we passed a couple of days ago?”

“Of course I do.”

“Well, if we can figure out how to reproduce the robots that crewed that ship, and reprogrammed them to follow our orders . . . we’d have a crew again, wouldn’t we?”

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but . . . that might just actually work.”

“Ok then. Shall we stop by there are we get what we need from this Chronian Destroyer?”

“Hmm . . . your plan still won’t work. The robots will need some sort of guiding intelligence. You and myself will be busy once we enter combat, so who’s going to be giving all the robots needed to crew this ship their orders?”

“Actually . . . I have an idea for that as well.”

Twenty-one Years Later . . .

Julian rode the turbolift up to the Bridge of the new battlecruiser-class warship Kronos, a feeling of pride sweeping through him yet again. In just a “short” twenty-one years, far sooner than any of Kali’s predictions, they had been able to not only fully repair the Kronos, but also upgrade it, welding additional armor plating and weapon mounts onto it from the other ships drifting in the Crossroads of Time. They had even found a very intact Attack Frigate, and were able to quickly bring it back up to operational capacity. Therefore, it would also be joining them in their little jaunt to the selected battle using the Crossroads of Time. Appropriately enough, the Attack Frigate had been named the Phoenix, by whomever had owned it before the ship had found its way to the Crossroads.

Kali, are we ready to crash the Devorans’ party?

We are. The portal leading to our selected battle will open in five minutes. I suggest you make your way to the Bridge.

Already on my way.

The turbolift slid to a stop, and the doors opened on a clean, brightly-lit Bridge. Numerous consoles around the Bridge had been replaced and added through the years, and many of those consoles were connected to a small box of electronics: one box for each of the consoles central to the Kronos’s main systems.

You’re here: good. I’m activating all of the robots and awakening the Link Intellects.

All around the Bridge, each of the boxes began to hum, and lights flashed along the boxes’ sides. One by one additional presences began to enter the Mind Link, as the separated algorithms Kali had created to run the ship came to life. Although far more limited in scope and power than Kali, each of the algorithms was capable of controlling the robotic crew in their assigned section of the ship. Rather than arbitrarily divide the ship up into separate parts, however, Julian had decided that the algorithms, or Link Intellects as they were called, would run each of the ship’s systems like regular officers.

“FOLI, First Officer Link Intellect, online.”
“ELI, Engineering Link Intellect, online.”
“COLI, Communications Officer Link Intellect, online.”
“SLI, Sensors Link Intellect, online.”
“HOLI, Helms Officer Link Intellect, online.”
“FLI, Flight Link Intellect, online.”
“MOLI, Marine Officer Link Intellect, online.”
“MLI, Medical Link Intellect, online.”
“WOLI, Weapons Officer Link Intellect, online.”
“PALI, Phoenix Artificial Link Intellect, online.”

Alright. Is everyone ready?

Julian settled himself into his command chair, and after a moment of thought, strapped himself into it as well.

“We’re ready boss.” The First Officer reported.

“Weapons are charged: just give me something to shoot.”

“Yeah, let’s get this show on the road!” The Flight Officer shouted into the Mind Link, proving that while most of the Link Intellects had slowly been developing personality, some of them had developed more personality than others.

Ok then let’s go . . . Kali, when the portal opens, take us in. Our target is directly behind that Devoran Command Carrier, shortly after it arrives in the battle and has launched all of its fighters.

Understood. Taking us in now.

On the viewscreen a series of lightning strikes began to appear, and then intensify as a portal out of the Crossroads began to form. It had taken Julian and Kali a number of years to realize that the views of important events throughout time that they saw while in the Crossroads were really the entrances of time conduits leading to those events. But now that they knew, or at least thought they knew how the Crossroads of Time worked, Julian had decided not to wait any longer. Today, after years of preparation, Julian would either alter the end results of the minor battle he had watched so many times, or die trying.

After carefully analyzing the parts of the battle they had been able to see before the portal closed once more, it had been decided that destroying the Command Carrier of the Devorans would be within the abilities of their small flotilla, and at the same time have a dramatic effect on the battle. If nothing else, the loss of their main strike craft platform should hurt them.

The lightning flashes had reached their peak now, and in a bright flash of light the opening parts of the battle appeared before Julian on the viewscreen, close enough to touch. As the Kronos and Phoenix came to the very edge of the portal, Julian could see the weapons fire from the ships fighting the main battle several lightseconds from the station; the explosions as the defending ships spent themselves, one by one, trying to stop the unrelenting assault of the Devoran Concordats. That was the defenders’ battle to fight alone, however, and a moment later Julian could see his own fight as the Devoran Command Carrier appeared and began to launch fighters.

I don’t know how close I can bring us in to the Command Carrier: I, for one, certainly don’t want to emerge inside the bloody thing.

“Just get me there, and I’ll get us to where we need to go: quickly.” The Helm LI replied.

Alright . . . see if you could put us just inside one lightsecond out from the Command Carrier’s aft section. That should give you enough leeway that if you’re off by a bit, we’re not screwed.

I should be able to handle that.

“I presume that you wish me to follow as closely as I can?” The Link Intellect charged with controlling the Phoenix asked.

Yeah, keep close to us on the way through the time conduit, and then once we get into combat hang back and let us deal with the Command Carrier. You hang back and harass it with your Fusion Beams: with your Cloaking Shield, you should be a natural for that task.

“Understood sir.”

“Here we go!” The Helmsman announced as the bow of the Kronos entered the temporal portal leading to the battle. There was a brilliant flash of light, and suddenly the viewscreen was filled with the image of a time conduit.

Both the Kronos and the Phoenix appeared to be moving much faster than was normally possible for temporal travel, likely a result of using the Crossroads of Time. Soon, like a h*llish light at the end of the tunnel, Julian could see a view of the battle going on at the end of the conduit. Yet more of the defenses protecting the large transport ships crumbled, as one of the defending ships creating an unstable slipstream gate, destroying itself while causing only minor damage to one of the Concordats.

I hope you know what you’re doing Julian: this battle is not going well at all.

“Ah, don’t worry about it! If I have to, I’ll kill ‘em all!” The Weapons Officer bragged, underlining his point by bringing the last of the Kronos’s new armament online.
Engineering . . . as soon as we’re clear of the temporal conduit, I want you to take the Slipstream Drive’s faster-than-light functions offline, and redirect the energy into the weapon and shield systems.

“Aye sir. You are . . . aware that we will be unable to warp out immediately, should things go . . . badly?”

Yes, I’m aware. If things go badly, then we die. We’re not going to run, because it’s quite obvious that we have nowhere to run to.

“Understood, sir. Preparing to redirect power now. Let me know when you want FTL again.”

Good. Weapons, get ready to fire. We’ll probably be at long range, so save the Quantum torpedoes until we get close. Target the Command Carrier’s aft section. Once we’re clear of the temporal conduit, you should be able to start charging the Chrono weapons as well. Flight, I want our fighters to start launching as soon as we’re clear as well. You know the drill: Slips stay back to play guard-dog, Shogun and Nials on the attack. Finally, I want you to open a channel to all friendly ships once we arrive, Communications.

“Friendly ships, sir?”

That’s simple: any ship that’s not Devoran.

“Very well sir, I’ll let you know when the channels are open.”

The rest of the very short trip was made in silence, and after another brilliant flash, Julian found himself in the midst of the battle. As planned, the Kronos and the Phoenix emerged a short distance behind the Devoran Command Carrier, currently oblivious to their presence.

“You’re on, sir.” The Communications Link Intellect informed him, and Julian straightened himself in his command chair, before beginning to speak.

“This is Captain Julian Pierce of the Temporal Warship Kronos. I have returned to offer my assistance against the Devorans. My target is currently the Devoran Command Carrier. Might I suggest that we combine our efforts? I have also been away for some time, so any information you can offer on the current situation would be welcome. Pierce out.”

An instant after the communication was finished, Julian switched back to the Mind Link.

Weapons, you know what to do: hit them.

“Oh, most certainly, sir!”

A variety of beams leapt forth from the Kronos to slam against the rear shields of the Devoran Command Carrier, causing its shields to flare but doing little else for the moment.

“Well, that got their attention: I’m reading a number of Devoran fighters closing on our position: most likely the Command Carrier’s outer fighter patrol.” The Sensors LI reported, causing Julian to frown at the rapidness of the Devoran response.

Helm, get us closer to that Command Carrier. Weapons, switch the Particle Array over to Anti-Fighter Defense, and start picking them off. Flight, feel free to have your Slips engage at will.

“Understood, sir.” The two LIs reported, and on the viewscreen Julian watched as the leading wave of Devoran fighters were vaporized in a hail of pulse phaser fire, and a number of the Kronos’s Slipstream fighters breaking away to engage the following waves of Devoran strike craft. Meanwhile, the Devoran Command Carrier began to grow in the viewscreen as the Kronos moved into a more optimum firing position for the Chrono Phasers and Quantum torpedoes.

“The Chrono Phaser 1s will be fully charged in another minute or so, sir. Shall I fire them immediately, or wait for the rest of the weapons to cycle so that I can paste that behemoth with all our guns at once?”

Wait for all guns to cycle, Weapons. While you’re at it, start charging the tractor beam: I have a feeling we’ll need it to either stop missiles, and try to hold the Command Carrier in place while we continue hammering its aft.

“Very well sir, you’re the boss.”

As the seconds continued to tick by, Julian glared at the Command Carrier, watching as its own captain no doubt wallowed in the same situation he had placed the defenders in: continue to engage the enemy in front, or turn to fight the enemy that had suddenly appeared from the rear.

“Come on, you b*stard, let’s see what you’ve got.” Julian muttered under his breath.

/ooc The additional AIs and robots are just like normal crew and officers (i.e. they can be “killed” and “injured”). Once this mission is over, Julian will be looking for human officers and crew again assuming a) he survives, and b) there are enough extra humans in the escort fleet that are willing to join him. Ooc/

Summary

- Time Warp in, directly behind the Devoran Command Carrier
- Both Kronos and Phoenix are to fire weapons into the aft section of the Command Carrier
- Firing these weapons:

Kronos

Pheonix

3 x Fusion Beams

- Chrono weapons are to begin being charged
- The FTL function of the Slipstream drive is to be temporarily taken off-line, assuming it will only take a few posts to recharge, and all the energy is to be directed into weapons and shields
- The Phoenix is to launch its fighters, and then fall back to long range from the CC, and commence with hit-and-run tactics using its cloaking shield and fusion cannons. The ship's fighters are to break off a short distance so they don't call attention to The Phoenix's real location, but they are to be close enough to provide fighter support if necessary
- The Kronos will close to short-range with the CC, at all times trying to remain in the aft weapons arc of the CC. On the approach, evasive maneuvers are to be taken, as well as a Battlecruiser-sized ship can evade.
- The Tractor Beam MK40 on the Kronos will be made ready to intercept any missiles or fighters from the CC, missiles getting first priority.
- The Kronos will launch all fighters, keeping the Slipstream fighters back as fighter support, while the Nials and Shogun harass the Devoran CC.
- The Kronos's Particle Array, Pulse Phasers, and Gatling Lasers are to be set to AFD-mode.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 17 Jun 2004 at 23:48.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 10:31   #460
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Summary:

Fire
4 Linear Drives
3 Black Hole Generators
2 Particle Cannon
2 x Medium Tau Cannon
3 x Tau Missile
6 x Nova Cannon
on Concordat 7 after warning all firendly craft to get the hell out f the blast radius.

20 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker are to destroy any incomming fighters and missiles.
10 x ‘Black Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker are to fire all weapons on Concordat 7

ooc// If I have time I'll do more, but no guarantees. TIme is tight currently. //ooc

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:10   #461
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: I'll follow suit and stick in a summary as well. If I have time I'll follow up with a much-explosion filled post with extra explosions.

Action Summary
Pandora - Dying Moments (Pending authorisation)
- No 1 Discovers by staring out bridge dome that Pandora is on a head on course with enemy ship #5 and collision is imminent if control cannot be restored
- Enemy ship #5 opens fire
- Chaos reigns throughout the ship. In the hanger bay giant chunks of metal and cargo fly everywhere killing many.
- Order given to fire HPC's (Superweapons) at enemy ship #5.
- More enemy weapon hits and this time it's terminal. Evac order given.
- Pandora now doomed and under heavy fire. Escape pods scatter in all directions. Hanger bay undergoes near-total collaspse trapping those few still left inside. This includes the EO, MC and Hewitt.
- A decision is made to arm the reflex missiles and remove all safety features. This is done but as this happens Both Hewitt and the MC are buried under falling debris and killed instantly (or are they???)
- Recent debris fall reveals an opening. EO makes a desperate dash for an escape pod and escapes just before it is too late.
- Pandora runs head on into enemy ship #5 and explodes spectacularly. The 4 reflex missiles add to this drastically.

Immortal Raven
- Lament over doomed state of Pandora
- Target lock on enemy ship #6 engine array maintained however.
- All weapons fired including superweapons (missile weapons still on manual fire)
- All excess power used to boost front shields in case enemy ship #6 suddenly goes bye-bye...

20 Jupiter fighters currently under command of flagship.
- Receive news about loss of Pandora
- WC goes into a silent rage
- Enemy Dragon bombers spotted
- WC ignores orders and leads the jupiter fighter squadron after them
- Formation changed from delta into paired formation (Everyone into pairs; 1 Leadman followed closely by 1 Wingman in covering position - if still unclear what this means, go out and hire TOP GUN )
- Squadron moves to intercept

And...

THE BLACK ARMADA SQUADRON
- Exit hyperspace behind enemy ship #6.
- Charge weapons and shields
- Deploy all fighters and scoutships (20 Polaris, 4 Angel and 4 scout ships)

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 16 Jun 2004 at 17:46.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:34   #462
No Dachi

Editting in additional points to my post as I go along...I'll post something that's actually significent next

Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:53   #463
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

plenty of time for u guys to post as from the 14th i wont be here for a period of time

THUD!!!!!!!

picks fluffie up from the floor as he feints!!!!!!!!

Unread 9 Jun 2004, 02:41   #464
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
plenty of time for u guys to post as from the 14th i wont be here for a period of time

THUD!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Faints and hits the ground HARD*

When will the next DM be?
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 12:21   #465
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

THUD!!!!!!!

she thinks of me.. she looooovveess mee... yyyaaaaaayyy! \o/

will there be a DM before the leave? and how long is "a period of time" ?
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 23:14   #466
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

when i come back on after teh 23rd

Unread 9 Jun 2004, 23:19   #467
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Summary:

Fire
4 Linear Drives
3 Black Hole Generators
2 Particle Cannon
2 x Medium Tau Cannon
3 x Tau Missile
6 x Nova Cannon
on Concordat 7 after warning all firendly craft to get the hell out f the blast radius.

20 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker are to destroy any incomming fighters and missiles.
10 x ‘Black Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker are to fire all weapons on Concordat 7

ooc// If I have time I'll do more, but no guarantees. TIme is tight currently. //ooc
actions noted
weapons fired at concordat 7
note not all friendly ships managed to evade
fighters to attack incoming fighters
drakes to attack concordat 7

Unread 9 Jun 2004, 23:38   #468
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
/ooc Both of my ships also have Chrono Drives, although I use them more for plot points than any sort of ships' power. If they do have to be included in the standard equipment and take up slots, let me know . . . guess I'll have to get rid of a few things if that's the case. ooc/

/ooc Actual post to appear in this position soon, although for now I'll include the brief summary I've thought of so far: ooc/

Summary

- Time Warp in, directly behind the Devoran Command Carrier
- Both Kronos and The Phoenix are to unload all weapons into the aft section of the Command Carrier (including time weapons if they are yet charged)
- Chrono weapons are to begin being charged (or charged again if they just fired)
- The FTL function of the Slipstream drive is to be temporarily taken off-line, assuming it will only take a few posts to recharge, and all the energy is to be directed into weapons and shields
- The Phoenix is to launch its fighters, and then fall back to long range from the CC, and commence with hit-and-run tactics using its cloaking shield and fusion cannons. The ship's fighters are to break off a short distance so they don't call attention to The Phoenix's real location, but they are to be close enough to provide fighter support if necessary
- The Kronos will launch all fighters, keeping the Slipstream fighters back as fighter support, while the Nials and Shogun harass the Devoran CC.
- The Kronos's Particle Array, Pulse Phasers, and Gatling Lasers are to switch from capital ship mode to anti-fighter mode after the initial alpha-strike volley
actions noted - (so far) will edit when post done
Time weapon charge - 3 posts (unless chrono phaser1 in which case - 1 post)
attacking Command Carrier
Slipstream Drive power diverted
Shields 125%
Weapons - 125%
fighters launched
Fighters on CEP
Particle Array to AFD

Unread 10 Jun 2004, 00:04   #469
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Main Story - the Mission Begins

The Grand Admiral of the Feseartion looks at the Dark Emperor J-Kama-Ka-C

GA - It looks bad are you sure that these scans are correct

DEJKKC - Yes the Scanners of the Show Off Space Station are correct, there can be no doubt about it....

GA - But the sheer scale of the enemy.........

Dark Fluffie walks in with Shogun No Dachi of the ASANAWA IMPERIUM

DF - we have recevied news from the Iosi based scouts

SND - We have also used the Elite Angels to verify the facts.....

all look at the massive 3D Holo Emmitter that shows the ERRIDANNI Sector, there are thousands of red blips (triangle shaped) that are set against a Thick Bold White line that indicates the edge of

Federation,
Asanawa Imperium,
The Kipire,
The Confederation

Space, on the other side of the line can be seen other coloured blips but they are far fewer than the red ones

GA - then there is no doubt about it, the DEVORAN are preparing for a major assault

DEJKKC - more like a war I would think

SND - Hmmmmmm ...... I would say with forces like that then it will be more like a War of Annilhiation, we do not stand a chance

DF - How many Devoran ships

GA - over 1000000 ships so far and counting and looking at them from the reports -

He takes a datapad from a nearby desk -

GA - They are at least light cruiser sized and above

DF - So we are doomed then?

all look at DF and seem to nod in agreement.....

all except Shogen No Dachi

SND - No I think we have a chance I have been working on a Plan, although my Forces are currently fighting a Civil War I still have some resources, We have been working on a plan that is two fold

1) - to breach the area of DARKSPACE

2) - to set up a new colony of planets

I think we can modify this plan to give us ALL a chance

DEJKKC - what have you been upto?

SND - My Clan has been working on 5 BEHEMOTH class ships called WORLD SHIPS, each is 25km long and is based on the SDF 1 plans, each ship was to carry over 1 billion colonists to a new world and thus set up a colony in the name of the IMPERIUM

DF - Ahhhh i can see where this leads....

10 hours pass in talking

GA - so who will we get to escort these World Ships

DEJKKC - It just so happens that we know the best people suited to a job like this..............

Part 2

and so the mission was underway, in this one small area of the sector the small fleet embarked upon the mission to get the World Ships away.......

Elsewhere

on board the Showoff Station.....

DF - My empeor - bows to the Dark Emperor J-Kama-Ka-C - We had best leave the System, sir otherwise we cannot conduct our war Effort.

DEJKKC - Heheheheheh my young kippewan (sort of like a padewan from Star Wars but more Kippy like) you still know nothing of the Kip.

DF - I AM A MASTER AND I KNOW EVERYTHING (then hs goes into a supper fluffly stile "my concoerdats have been destroyed" type sulk <------ no offence to fluffy )

DEJKKC - No you dont, - with that the emperor places his metalic like cyber hand to his temple and starts to hum

The entire area of the Dark Throne Room (with added speshul effexs from teh funkeh EO) starts to shimmer only to reapaer on the ......

KIPSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you guesses it a Death Star only twice as big and more funkeh!!!!!!! (now this is really a show off station )

DF - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEJKKC - now we are ready please inform the others........

Elsewhere

Shogun No Dachi boards the flagship SHIHKAKU the largest and fastest vessel of the ASANAWA IMPERIUM

all the Angel Elite Salute the Shogun as he boards the bridge

He looks around then settles in the Command Chair, his many years tell on him now........

SND - My son is underway?

TO - Aye sir here is the Tacticle Readout........

SND - Good he should earn much honour and thus ensure the survival of the Imperium.

No1 - Aye Sir he is a good officer

SO - Sir DEJKKC has left the station,

SND - Good all goes according to my plan

No1 - ???????

SND - Do you rghink that the World Ships was my only plan

No1 - Sir

SND - How long have you served with me?

No1 - 30 years sir and for many more I hope!

SND - Smiles - As Do I, now how many times do you think I had only one plan?

No1 - None sir

SND - Good you do learn, I have been talking with the KIPIRE for some time and we have come up with a plan

Helm set course for ASANAWA SPACE and transmit the Coords for HARKUN to this spacial Grid

Helm - ??? Aye sir

With that the Flagship moves off and the Comms sends the Signal......

Back on baord the KIPSTAR

Comms - My lord we have received a signal sir

DEJKKC - Good set course

DF - ??????

DEJKKC - and also send signal to the other 3 Death stars to follow, course..... ASANAWA SPACE

Dark Fluffie you had best board your Super Star Destoyer!

DF - But I do notr have one

DEJKKC - You do now

Part 3

On baord the Large Throne Room full of mist and funkeh darkly evul type flashing lights the Dark Emperor looks at the large 3d Holo Map of the slowly shrinking "Pink Skins" space

Dark Fluffie - My emperor it looks bad

DEJKKC - Ahh it would appear so my KIPPEYWAN (sort of like a padewan from Star Wars but more Kippy) but you do not look deeper

See

the emperor shows the scene to Fluff

Look closely you will see that

Tau Ceti
Ankaa
Arachis

are all protected by our vast fleet and also the secret location of IOS to

DF - but what of this Battle Station

DEJKKC - we will join forces with Shogun No Dachi and we will make a defence perimtere using the technology that Shogun No Dachi says he has found or "borrowed"

Meanwhile

Shogun No Dachi - Well SO have we found them

SO - looks at the scanners as the SHIKAKU moves slowly thru space - Yes my lord the ULP have not left any reaserch vessels in their vicinity

Outside

the large Kattanna Class Dreadnaught moves cloesly to the large 800km diameter perfectly formed Sphere that hangs in space and dwarfs the vessel.

SO - there is no way in but it does harness vast amount of energy that I beleive we can tap into, also this will give us a defence grid that will protect the designated palnetary systems and there should be no way the Devoran can get thru

SND - so how will this work

SO - We have discoverd 72 of these spheres located thru the HARKUN sector and it seems they have been designed by a far superior race, that either has died out or has come from then future to somehow aid or destroy us, but whatever they did not complete their plan. We can modify them so that they will create a vast Barrier that will disrupt the DEVORAN but we do not know how

SND - then how can you gaurnatee it will work

SO - My Lord please look here

the SO shows the Shogun a Holo tape of a Devoran being subjected to an expriment in a shuttle that approaches the Sphere some days ago, the Devoran looks in great pain and then dies

SO - See

SND - Good this will give us some breathing space..............................

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 10 Jun 2004 at 00:10.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 00:39   #470
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the SO shows the Shogun a Holo tape of a Devoran being subjected to an expriment in a shuttle that approaches the Sphere some days ago, the Devoran looks in great pain and then dies.
Not to sound pesimistic or anything... but didn't the alien almost destroy their ship in that episode
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 18:10   #471
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Not to sound pesimistic or anything... but didn't the alien almost destroy their ship in that episode
yup

but not in mine

Unread 10 Jun 2004, 18:29   #472
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

note that kama said "almost destroy"

what LH really tries to say is that in hers, it IS destroyed.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 23:56   #473
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new attack hulls added to page 1

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:28   #474
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new bombs added

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:36   #475
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new drives added

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:12   #476
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

LH, I'm just double checking, but you're sure you will NOT DM this thread until you get back from your holiday? Because if so, I will delay my post for a bit; because I'm very busy at the moment and could really use the time.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 11:47   #477
No Dachi

Quote:
Hulls

Attack Battleship - c 1000000
40 shield Mounts
120 turret Mounts
60 external mounts
80 additional mounts
35000 tonnes hold
(can carry either 60 light fighters or 40 medium fighters or 20 Heavy Fighters or 10 Scout ships)
Quick! Someone lend me 2 million credits!

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 11:52   #478
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Attack Concordat Battle Star - c 5000000
This is the ULTIMATE in Attack Hulls and represents the ultimate in Asanawa/Federation/Kipire technology - it sacrifices armour for Fire Power and speed
this beast is a minimum 2.5 km long
comes already equipped with
Phased Colapsioum Hull Armour
AI computer
ADMD
Advaced Flight Control
10000 tonnes of armoured cargo space
and 2 type 80 tractor beams
the hold (cargo space) can be modified to carry ships upt advanced Strike Frigate size ....the ship can carry 5 such vessels (each vessel carried costs 5000 tonnes of hold space)
60 shield Mounts
200 turret Mounts
120 external mounts
140 additional mounts
30 Engine mounts (10 of which must be FTL drives)
200000 tonnes hold
(can carry either 120 light fighters or 80 medium fighters or 40 Heavy Fighters or 20 Scout ships)

time for return of darth fluffie m'thinks.

*incredible amount of ****ing evil laughter of ****ing darkness*

some questions:
it can't have the double mount upgrade..... but can it have the clan anasawa upgrade?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 14:45   #479
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

These days just about everyone seems to have a double mount upgrade. I heard it doubles the amount of turret mounts on (nearly) ever shiphull and that it uses 4 additional mounts. I can't find it in the item list though, so perhaps anyone would care to write down the details about it (like cost and device limitations)? Also, what is this new "clan anasawa upgrade" (details please; mounts, cost, benefits).
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 15:21   #480
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Singularity Drive - c10000 x 1500 energy units - This is it, this is the baby that you want - that is until it is damaged, it is HIGHLY unstable and prone to go Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yoink!

*Nicks the drive and runs off with it back to his hideout.*

*Stashes the drive then goes back to sit and wait patiently for a Singularity Laser perhaps?*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 15:47   #481
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
Also, what is this new "clan anasawa upgrade" (details please; mounts, cost, benefits).
The Clan Special gives you +50% turret and additional mounts. But it's only available to me, and, of course, anyone who joins the Clan (in which case it's free with every ship you build, or so is my understanding). I believe it comes included with Attack Hulls, though. I think PK also got it bestowed on some of his ships as a special bonus after completing a mission with me and docking at Harkun or something.

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:57   #482
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
These days just about everyone seems to have a double mount upgrade. I heard it doubles the amount of turret mounts on (nearly) ever shiphull and that it uses 4 additional mounts. I can't find it in the item list though, so perhaps anyone would care to write down the details about it (like cost and device limitations)? Also, what is this new "clan anasawa upgrade" (details please; mounts, cost, benefits).
I'm the only player with it, I believe.
That and most baddies I design have it mostly now... Because LH likes that kind of thing.

It hasn't been added to "the list" yet, don't ask me why...
I still have it though.

It costs 750,000 credits I believe. Takes up 4 Addtional Mounts. Doubles the amount of Turret Mounts you have (but you have to add any Additional Mounts you spent on Turret Mounts to the original number of Turret Mounts...)

So basically, say I have a ship with 6 turret mounts. Then, from my additional mounts, I use 2 as Turret Mounts. I also have the Twin Turret Mount Upgrade, which would give me 12 turret mounts if I put no additional to turret mounts. But since I did, it is (6+2)*2=16 turret mounts.

Capiche?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:31   #483
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
I'm the only player with it, I believe.
That and most baddies I design have it mostly now... Because LH likes that kind of thing.

It hasn't been added to "the list" yet, don't ask me why...
I still have it though.

It costs 750,000 credits I believe. Takes up 4 Addtional Mounts. Doubles the amount of Turret Mounts you have (but you have to add any Additional Mounts you spent on Turret Mounts to the original number of Turret Mounts...)

So basically, say I have a ship with 6 turret mounts. Then, from my additional mounts, I use 2 as Turret Mounts. I also have the Twin Turret Mount Upgrade, which would give me 12 turret mounts if I put no additional to turret mounts. But since I did, it is (6+2)*2=16 turret mounts.

Capiche?
I don't think I understand, cos the way I read it, it looks like the upgrade not only doubles the amount of turret mounts, but it also doubles the amount of additional mounts, provided you use them as turret mounts?
Also, those new ships that have these upgrades, is their increased number of mounts the result of these built-in upgrades, or do we have to apply them "manually" making the number of usable mounts even bigger?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:38   #484
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
I don't think I understand, cos the way I read it, it looks like the upgrade not only doubles the amount of turret mounts, but it also doubles the amount of additional mounts, provided you use them as turret mounts?
Also, those new ships that have these upgrades, is their increased number of mounts the result of these built-in upgrades, or do we have to apply them "manually" making the number of usable mounts even bigger?
the ships have it included

and the double turret mount ONLY doubles the turret mounts - not those that are additions used as turret mounts

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:42   #485
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
LH, I'm just double checking, but you're sure you will NOT DM this thread until you get back from your holiday? Because if so, I will delay my post for a bit; because I'm very busy at the moment and could really use the time.
positive

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:42   #486
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Thanks for making that clear.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:02   #487
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

New Defender Hulls added

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:26   #488
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new weapons added

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:19   #489
Bakan
To Old to Die......

A few questions about the new weapons:
  • Gatling Phaser 9, Reflex Phaser 10 - Are these considered superweapons? I'm asusming so cause of the massive number of slots needed. Also what is the charge time for these weapons?
  • Gatling Phaser 8 - How does this rank in terms of raw firepower?
  • The limit of superweapons on ships is 2, correct?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:23   #490
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Gatling Phaser 9 - c65000 - this is not so much a superweapon all though it does have that option - it is a normal weapon that has a rapid rate of fire, it can fire full a thru 360 degree fire arc and can fire upto 16 shots a round - it needs a seperate impulse drive to power it and whats more it can be used in any mode (AFD. AMD) - 20 turret mounts + 100 tonnes cargo space + AI computer + 1 impulse drive

Does that mean you need an AI computer for each? E.g. if you have 2 Gatling Phasers 9 you need 2 AI computers for each weapon and then another AI computer to run ship operations or will just 1 AI computer suffice for the entire ship and weapons?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:54   #491
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

You need an AI computer to actualyl run the weapon normally as well as having a seperate impulse drive for each of mthese weapons which you would be holding

No point having two seperate AI on your ships, they'd always confilt each other.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 03:15   #492
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
  • Gatling Phaser 9, Reflex Phaser 10 - Are these considered superweapons? I'm asusming so cause of the massive number of slots needed. Also what is the charge time for these weapons?
  • Gatling Phaser 8 - How does this rank in terms of raw firepower?
  • The limit of superweapons on ships is 2, correct?
*Ur_Quan steps forward out of the shadows, his fierce chest revealing TWO shiny trainee stat gestapo golden stars. He looks at Bakan through squinted eyes and says: "I believe I can answer at least two of your questions, civilian..."

- The Gatling Phaser 9 is I'm GUESSING probably the same as a Particle Array of, say 30 , normal Gatling Lasers, with perhaps some increased/decreased mods such as accuracy and firepower. Charging time will probably be 3 posts as that seems to be the standard, unless stated otherwise.
- Any weapon that uses 6 or more turret mounts (and only the number of turret mounts matter, e.g. additionals are not taken into account) is automatically classified as a superweapon. So the answer to your question is 'yes, they are supwerweapons'.
- The maximum amount of superweapons on a ship, depends on the size of the ship:
* Any ship under the size of a destroyer is not allowed to carry superweapons
* Destroyer sized vessels or above may carry a maximum of 1 superweapon.
* Cruiser sized vessels or above may carry a maximum of 2 superweapons.
* The SSD, Deathstar, Super Carrier and Concordats are the only ships that may carry more than 2 superweapons.

NOTES:
~ I believe the SSD and Super Carrier are NPC ships, unless the SSD is the same as a Command/Flag Ship and the Super Carrier is the same as a Command Carrier.
~ I am unsure how many superweapons can be fitted on the SSD, Deathstar, Super Carrier and Concordats, but I heard a concordat may have 4 superweapons. I do not know if the same applies to the rest of them, also given the fact that the Deathstar already has a superweapon (Planetbuster) in the form of 6 Reflex Cannons (which happen to be superweapons also).
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 03:19   #493
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
You need an AI computer to actualyl run the weapon normally as well as having a seperate impulse drive for each of mthese weapons which you would be holding

No point having two seperate AI on your ships, they'd always confilt each other.
Sure, but I wasn't seeing them as 2 seperate entities. They'd be the same AI, only you'd need additional AI units (call it capacity/brainpower/whatever) in order for such a weapon to work properly and not use up so much of the AI's attention that it forgets about other, less important tasks, such as managing life support.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 12:53   #494
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
the ships have it included

and the double turret mount ONLY doubles the turret mounts - not those that are additions used as turret mounts
ehm..

that's not what you told me over msn once

evil msn:
fluffie:
utterly cool and then, i usually take (some/a lot of) additional mounts and use them as turret mounts -> do these "converted" additional mounts get doulbed as well?

LH:
yes

Last edited by Fluffie; 12 Jun 2004 at 13:06.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:09   #495
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

all superweapons are 3 post charge time

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:14   #496
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
  • Gatling Phaser 9, Reflex Phaser 10 - Are these considered superweapons? I'm asusming so cause of the massive number of slots needed. Also what is the charge time for these weapons? - 3 posts
  • Gatling Phaser 8 - How does this rank in terms of raw firepower? - that would be telling
  • The limit of superweapons on ships is 2, correct? yes unless stated othjerwise

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:15   #497
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:

as AK says

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:18   #498
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
*Ur_Quan steps forward out of the shadows, his fierce chest revealing TWO shiny trainee stat gestapo golden stars. He looks at Bakan through squinted eyes and says: "I believe I can answer at least two of your questions, civilian..."

- The Gatling Phaser 9 is I'm GUESSING probably the same as a Particle Array of, say 30 , normal Gatling Lasers, with perhaps some increased/decreased mods such as accuracy and firepower. Charging time will probably be 3 posts as that seems to be the standard, unless stated otherwise.
- Any weapon that uses 6 or more turret mounts (and only the number of turret mounts matter, e.g. additionals are not taken into account) is automatically classified as a superweapon. So the answer to your question is 'yes, they are supwerweapons'.
- The maximum amount of superweapons on a ship, depends on the size of the ship:
* Any ship under the size of a destroyer is not allowed to carry superweapons
* Destroyer sized vessels or above may carry a maximum of 1 superweapon.
* Cruiser sized vessels or above may carry a maximum of 2 superweapons.
* The SSD, Deathstar, Super Carrier and Concordats are the only ships that may carry more than 2 superweapons.

NOTES:
~ I believe the SSD and Super Carrier are NPC ships, unless the SSD is the same as a Command/Flag Ship and the Super Carrier is the same as a Command Carrier.
~ I am unsure how many superweapons can be fitted on the SSD, Deathstar, Super Carrier and Concordats, but I heard a concordat may have 4 superweapons. I do not know if the same applies to the rest of them, also given the fact that the Deathstar already has a superweapon (Planetbuster) in the form of 6 Reflex Cannons (which happen to be superweapons also).
what he says

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:21   #499
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
ehm..

that's not what you told me over msn once

evil msn:
fluffie:
utterly cool and then, i usually take (some/a lot of) additional mounts and use them as turret mounts -> do these "converted" additional mounts get doulbed as well?

LH:
yes
i changhed my mind - cause of teh new ships i added

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 15:42   #500
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

PPPPPPPHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Comentator - Well No-Dattsy what a first half there, seems that the home team have sufferd a few major blows

No-Dattsy - Yeah what can I say action all the way, The Devoran lined up well and took an aearly start in a standard formation, where as the Home team took a staggerd formation and as every one knows at this level you just cannot do that

Com - Yup it seems that the coach did not have a team plan, and they left off their star players Inspectre and Fluffie, in a game of this importance you cannot let that happen

No-Dattsy - Aye but their young team players Urquan and Blake did make up for it, And it was good to see the wily veterans

Bakan
Flapjack
J-Kama-Ka-C
Darkling
Crazyboy
Acid-K

out on the pitch

Comm - and what a move by the midfield mistro himself, Master No Dachi - he just made the opposition stand and stare with his amazing shipwork

No-Dattsy - Yes he makes the most ordinary players look like sunday league captains

Comms - But do not forget the good positioning on Acid-K early on - what a wily tactician he is, looks like the Mr Myst Breaker is back

Comms - oooooh look here comes the half time entertainment

the Crazyboy Amazon/Volley Ball Babes All Star Cheerleader Squad with the scantaly clad Boggy Dancers