User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Sep 2006, 16:13   #1
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
New Asteroids

New Roids

First off i hope some people are actually still here
Got some suggestions on some new roids that might make things more fresh.

All these roids would appear as normal roids to the person attacking.
These Roids could be stolen and more than once.
The creator of these roids would have full control of the roids even if they are stolen.
I would add a new page to planetarion where you would be able to track and control all your special roids.

Worm Roid/Stealer roid
When Stolen this roid would sit un-detected at enemy planet. When the enemy planet would get incomings the roids would steal some of the attackers ships storing them inside the roid.

In order to get the ships you would have to steal the roid back. But imagine the feeling to get the roid back and unwrap it to see whats inside!!

Info Roid
When stolen this asteroid would send back the owner the info on which cords are attacking the planet.

It would only report back fleets attacking.
It would bypass all distributors.
You could not attack the planet where the asteroid is.
It would update every tick

Explosive mine roid
Like The stealer roid but much more effective instead of stealing it just destroys any attacking ships where the roid is located.

Miner Roid
Same as a normal roid except it would only give you half the amount as a normal roid the upside once stolen it will transfer a percentage of those resources back to you. I've seen something similar was raised by saphi.

Killer Monkey’s
No need to explain this.

Last edited by zokka; 15 Sep 2006 at 16:20.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 20:34   #2
demonicus
Incompetent idiot.

demonicus is on a distinguished road
Re: New Asteroids

I'll have what you've been smoking.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 21:37   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I agree with demonicus, very creative idea, if not very practical, though I really do like the idea of roid mines!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 02:07   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Have you tried sending those ideas to Kinder Surprise ?
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 21:44   #5
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

nothing wrong with the ideas, kinda brings an extra dimension but if its doable is an other matter
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 11:41   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

my pal zokka might be mental but he does have his moments
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:02   #7
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

It's interesting but probably not very practical.

Also - I fail to understand what this 'info roid' is or does, could you elaborate on that? A bit more clearly perhaps?
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:24   #8
Kitty

Kitty is infamous around these partsKitty is infamous around these partsKitty is infamous around these parts

he he he go zokka very creative go pester pa team make them read this some good suggestions but some not practical \o/

Newdawn
Subh
ToF
Orbit 4eva
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:41   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I don't see why it owuldn't be practical - we already have special roids that as far as say the combat engine knows are normal roids. I don;t see why we couldn;t add extra special roid abilities. Would just need some research etc to go with it - could add making the roids to the mining page for example.

It would obviously need some more thought and balencing etc though.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:55   #10
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Have you tried sending those ideas to Kinder Surprise?
Lol @ Makhil

Ok say 1:1:1 attacked you and stole an info roid off you. Every time 1:1:1 got attacked It would notify you and send a jpg back to you but only show fleets that are attacking the planet. It would update automatically every tick and maybe even bypass the attacking planets distributors as well.

Or how about instead a bypass disruptor roid
Very simple 1:1:1 steals the roid, He then attack’s you again and the roid will disable some if not all of his distributors enabling you to scan him.

Info roid I guess is starting to suck I thought it might maybe help new players and people who want help to find a target.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 13:09   #11
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

hmm the worm roid tbh would only be workable for regular resource steal... having a ship steal option would leave it open for abuse...

all in all though a good idea, would revitalise covert ops and make it more integral to everyday playing

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:42   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

yeah these ideas are great for a 5 minute novelty funny thing indeed
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 00:50   #13
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Get in there! exploding roids eh?

Steal my s**t will you? BOOM!!

I like that, but i really dont think its practical, as there is NO counter strategy i am able to think of. Therefore it will become the domain of spammers.
Like people who love the flak cannon just a little too much :/

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote