User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:18   #1
Mysterio

Mysterio is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Renaming Fleet(s) to be enabled for unpaid accounts

Hello!

I was really wondering that allowing unpaid account to be able to name/rename own fleets, wouldn't be too big profit/feature for unpaid accounts, wouldn't it?

So i really hope, it becomes enabled for unpaid players too.
Why? Becouse limited things contain such number of features,
it won't bother income of staff's money or would it?

Correct me if this is already discussed and reply ASAP, thanks.
If approved, let me know when it's up, thanks again.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:43   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Renaming Fleet(s) to be enabled for unpaid accounts

Unpaid accounts are meant to be a "try before you buy" thing - they're not meant to be fully functional, and so most things that don't really change gameplay that much get disabled for free accounts, including this.
and "it won't bother income of staff's money" - most of the people working for Planetarion are unpaid.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:58   #3
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

tbh its one of the nice little things you are allowed to do once you pay a small amount. Dont think its worth bothering enabling tbh
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 13:02   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I see it as part encouragement for players who are not paid to be upgraded. Sure, the 300 roid limit is obvious, and is a highly effective restriction on actually playing the game, but i see enabling fleetnames as part of freeing up the 'fun' in Pa. There is a thread around somewhere, that i started, entitled "Amusing Fleetnames", and many people enjoy being clever with their three fleets - i think that is fun, and htus a great incentive to upgrade.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 07:22   #5
Mysterio

Mysterio is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Renaming Fleet(s) to be enabled for unpaid accounts

Ok, i see. Thanks for your replies.
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 14:12   #6
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

Being able to rename fleets after paying is another small reason to pay I guess, make you feel like you've got your money's worth :P
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 03:42   #7
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

i also think that renaming fleets is a good way to entice players to pay because it adds a point to the game that isnt really gameplay but a reward for paying. Paying players should feel that they get their money's worth and adding more features to free planets doesnt do that. Plus, some paid planets leave fleets Alpha Beta Gamma to try and fool defenders to an unpaid account (only eta -2). Not that it makes much of a difference, but it would make that strategy useless
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 12:27   #8
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Its also handy to know whether you are being attacked by a noob by its 'standardised' fleet name. More importantly by renaming your own fleets you are allowing yourself some customisation to your planet which on the whole you cannot do.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 14:21   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

no

One of the reasons i pay is so i can play with my fleet names, espeically mid flight.

<3
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 15:20   #10
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

There are far more other limitations which make free accounts unplayable, why worry about fleet names?
I don't know how much of the new players were attracted by just playing for free. Most of the new players come from word of real life friends, or it's old players returning to the game.
I think PA staff should try for a change to give free accounts less restrictions to be able to play and enjoy one round. Even giving a free account eta-3 and 500 roids would make their round well playable, and they would be able to help in an alliance.