User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Nov 2005, 16:44   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Free Planets points system

As most know I am running a free planet coz i aint got time to lay this round so i got a free account to play around with to see how it goes and have come up with an idea that is just an idea to work around sort of thing.

Atm free accounts run like this

Free accounts are limited to:
"Warpgate" (-2 ETA)
"Improved Power Grid" (50 constructions)
No limits on Ship-production
"Technology Analysis" (Planet, Surface and Technology Scan)
No limits on Core Extraction branch
"Underground Network Charting" (Hacking: Science Databases and Network Charting )
Heavy Cargo Transfers III (You can successfully mine only a maximum of 300 asteroids)
Free accounts cannot join or create a buddy pack
Free accounts do not see outgoing fleets on the gal status screen and also have an ad-banner on the overview page.

But I was thinking while doing my research, warpgate -2 is pretty crap and I am terran also which makes me very slow indeed and easy to defend against unless i ofc noob bash so I was thinking along the lines of a points system.

You get say 8 research points and you get to choose what you research in a more brooder way so rather than being able to do upto 300 roids i would rather do upto 200 roids and increase the speed of my ships by what eta instead or pick more constructions over core resources .

Its just an idea to play on and throw in the air to think about.

I would say that it could be tech tree orientated but I dont see how it could work when becoming a paid account so i thought points would be best way to go like constructions so have 8 research points to use and 10 constructions to build and then during the round as it gets deeper and deeper towards the end throw in another point or 2 before havoc just for them to play with.

Sorry it looks long

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 17:02   #2
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Free Planets points system

That means you can build free scan planets, def planets and covertop planets

And its easier for nubs to screw up their planet
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 17:12   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The problem I see though is the single most important factor in getting people to upgrade is the eta limitations as its this more than anything which you need to be accepted/useful to our alliance. So either you need to pay for your account or your alliance will try and find a way to upgrade you. Many could get away without upgrading if it was done this way which while it might then hinder the income. And while it may result in a few more players its not exactly going to please Jolt having less income but more players and really the goal we should all be aiming for is more players, but also more income as it will be this income that will persuade Jolt that PA is something thats commerical viable and will see more and more effort put into the game which is what it really needs
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 17:34   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you both in one way or another but I just feel that it could possibly work but still with some less limitations specially with regards the scanning tree and cov op tree, I just feel That with Both Terran ships being ETA 10+ all the way through is a bit harsh compared to everyone else.

Unread 29 Nov 2005, 17:38   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I agree with you both in one way or another but I just feel that it could possibly work but still with some less limitations specially with regards the scanning tree and cov op tree, I just feel That with Both Terran ships being ETA 10+ all the way through is a bit harsh compared to everyone else.
And the ships are to expensive for roiding for a free planet to :/

Unread 30 Nov 2005, 15:15   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

then pay for your planet, or get somebody else to pay
voila, problem solved

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 18:07   #7
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Its true...if the person does not want to pay then thats their fault...if they have someone to pay for them, then that great....

You dont pay...you dont get...simple as

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 19:32   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

I can pay any time I want lol ask anyone who actually knows me I just decided to test a free account this round see the pro's and con's.
I usually buy 3 - 6 credits a round but "buy a credit duh coz like duh then stop complaining duh" is not the answer to bringing in new customers.
Young ppl exiled into the nether regions of the game with other young ppl dont know anyone willing enough to pay.
Ppl who can pay will pay ppl who cant wont thats just matter of fact for he game.

Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:07   #9
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I can pay any time I want lol ask anyone who actually knows me I just decided to test a free account this round see the pro's and con's.
I usually buy 3 - 6 credits a round but "buy a credit duh coz like duh then stop complaining duh" is not the answer to bringing in new customers.
Young ppl exiled into the nether regions of the game with other young ppl dont know anyone willing enough to pay.
Ppl who can pay will pay ppl who cant wont thats just matter of fact for he game.

Dude im young...and i paid myself and Kila is young and he pays himself....so why cant other young people do the same?

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:10   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

hey, i'm not pa-team so don't complain about it to me.
I just pointed out the obvious solution.
If you really want more ppl to play pa then get pa-team to run some free speedgames or make some more promotion about pa.
I really don't think lifting the limitations of free planets will result in anything, except the people actually paying for pa get ****ed caus if u can do the same things with a free planet why pay?

So i'm sorry i didn't give you the answer you were looking for, but that's the way it is now, if you want to do something about it, take it to pa-team.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:56   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

who said lifting limitations, damn ppl never read threads no more just full of 5 min posters.

Least the first 2 replies where a good arguement shame about the spam.

Unread 30 Nov 2005, 23:57   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
Dude im young...and i paid myself and Kila is young and he pays himself....so why cant other young people do the same?
I know kila hes always begging for credits hehe but a lot of ppl cant and dont and never use irc.

Unread 1 Dec 2005, 10:59   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
who said lifting limitations, damn ppl never read threads no more just full of 5 min posters.

Least the first 2 replies where a good arguement shame about the spam.
you didn't say lifting limitations literaly, but in short that's what you meant isn't it?
Let free planets chose what limitations they have themselves with your points-system?
Jolt will never agree to this & neither will pa-team for the reasons pointed out in the first 2 posts.

Don't assume I didn't read your post, caus I did, call me 5 min poster all u want, but you're not gonna change my mind about this idea caus i think it's crap.