User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Dec 2002, 08:27   #101
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon1411
Wouldn´t he have to drive 60 miles/hour?

If he travels half the distance (30 miles) in half the time (30 minutes), he has 30 miles and 30 minutes left, and can make it by driving 60 miles/hour.
He doesn't use half the time. Travelling half the distance at half the speed uses up all the time.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 10:51   #102
Demon1411

Quote:
Originally posted by W
He doesn't use half the time. Travelling half the distance at half the speed uses up all the time.
Whoops, my bad. And I thought everyone else read it wrong...

That´s what you get for thinking you are smarter then others. Won´t happen again...
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 11:23   #103
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Warp 10.

if he traveled 30 miles at half the required speed, it would take the full hour. Either he's going to be late or he has to power up the warp reactor in his passenger seat.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 14:34   #104
[Cymru]
Lord of the Sheep

[Cymru] is an unknown quantity at this point
An old one i think this is but here goes anyway.

What am I?

I run but never walk,
I have a mouth but never eat,
I have a bed but never sleep.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 15:02   #105
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
a river
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:18   #106
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
heh. this entertained me.

"A quick test of intelligence. Don't cheat! Because if you do, the test would be no fun.

There are no Tricks to the test. Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count aloud the F's in that sentence. Important, count them ONLY ONCE"

I'll post again in a minit.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:33   #107
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
heh. this entertained me.

"A quick test of intelligence. Don't cheat! Because if you do, the test would be no fun.

There are no Tricks to the test. Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count aloud the F's in that sentence. Important, count them ONLY ONCE"

I'll post again in a minit.
When you say "count aloud" you're being abiguous. Do you want us to actually count all the written F's, or only the ones that give a phonetic F when spoken?
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:47   #108
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by W
When you say "count aloud" you're being abiguous. Do you want us to actually count all the written F's, or only the ones that give a phonetic F when spoken?
'count the f's in the sentence'

there are six. obviously. I counted three. I'm an idiot. Ta.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 09:22   #109
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Oh lord, i only counted 3 :/ i'm a moron \o/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 09:28   #110
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I counted 5. I'm weird.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 09:31   #111
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I counted 5. I'm weird.
I counted again i got,

firstly 3,
then 5,
then 3,
then 5,
then 5,
then 3,
then 6,
lastly 5,