User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:06   #1
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
5 days left

Till Harry Potter(nr 5) is out........... woho....!

I hope im gonna get hold of it 1 day be4 'every1 else' through my connections(mum).

What are you all expecting off the new book?

And will it be the best book yet(even better than nr4)

DiE HaRd HP FaN
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:08   #2
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
who is this Harry Potter?

And why is he near 5?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:09   #3
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: 5 days left

Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
I hope im gonna get hold of it 1 day be4 'every1 else' through my connections(mum).
Don't get your hopes up too much, as I think that that is rather unlikely to happen.

All the shops selling it have contracts which prohibit them distributing it before midnight on Friday, or something like that.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:10   #4
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
who is this Harry Potter?
He's a member of the British royal family.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:10   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: 5 days left

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Don't get your hopes up too much, as I think that that is rather unlikely to happen.

All the shops selling it have contracts which prohibit them distributing it before midnight on Friday, or something like that.
If any copies are released before midnight (if the boxes are OPENED before midnight), then the shop won't get any more copies of any harry potter books EVER.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:11   #6
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
He's a member of the British royal family.
Isn't that Harry Pot-head?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:12   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
All the books suck.

I feel perfectly qualified in saying this even though I have never read any of them. You see, I've seen the movies.

Though to be fair I probably would have loved the first one if I was 12 when I saw it. The second one was just a bad story though.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:12   #8
das_experiment

Its not from a shop =)

My mum is a librarian, and i think the library service in norway get it a few days in advance =)).

Noone looking forward to the book?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:13   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Its not from a shop =)

My mum is a librarian, and i think the library service in norway get it a few days in advance =)).

Noone looking forward to the book?
I think the publishers would be very interested in that kind of thing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 15:37   #10
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Harry potter sucks donkey ****
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:17   #11
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Harry potter sucks donkey ****
i'm "hip"
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:19   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The harry potter books are fantastic.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:45   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Its not from a shop =)

Public Libraries buy books, they don't get sent them.

Therefore they can't obtain books before they go on sale.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:47   #14
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
i could get at them, although then id lose my job
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:50   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
i could get at them, although then id lose my job
I could get at them too.

All I need is a ladder, some rope, a flashlight, a balaclava, a wire cutter, a brick, and the address of the publishers.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 16:58   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
harry potter harry potter harry potter

WONDERFUL

btw... thankyou proteus... you made me laugh.

what a wonderful world !
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 17:03   #17
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Re: 5 days left

Quote:
Harry Potter
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:35   #18
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I work part-time for a bookstore. We have around 1000 copies sitting in boxes in the back office. Even OPENING one of those boxes prior to the 21st is a terminable offense.

Hell, we're not even supposed to admit we have the damn things.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:37   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
I work part-time for a bookstore. We have around 1000 copies sitting in boxes in the back office. Even OPENING one of those boxes prior to the 21st is a terminable offense.
Talk about OTT. It's not weapons grade plutonium, ffs.

People take these sorts of things way too seriously.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:43   #20
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Talk about OTT. It's not weapons grade plutonium, ffs.

People take these sorts of things way too seriously.
I understand the "Strict on-sale Date" concept, but yeah, it's ridiculous. Scholastic actually has inspectors traveling around the world this week to make sure no one has even so much as broken a seal.

As if this will somehow effect the already pre-sold copies (Amazon alone has sold 1million, and our corporation has pre-sold/reserved around 150k).
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:56   #21
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I understand the "Strict on-sale Date" concept, but yeah, it's ridiculous. Scholastic actually has inspectors traveling around the world this week to make sure no one has even so much as broken a seal.

As if this will somehow effect the already pre-sold copies (Amazon alone has sold 1million, and our corporation has pre-sold/reserved around 150k).
wonder how long before i'll be able to download it of IRC..

tho two of mates are planning to queue up to buy it at midnight on friday, i'll prolly steal their copy
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:55   #22
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
You got it all wrong.

It's 4 days, and my birthday
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:38   #23
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
heh we have £150k 's worth in our warehouse right now. Wonder how much i could make from 'borrowing them'
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:48   #24
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
heh we have £150k 's worth in our warehouse right now. Wonder how much i could make from 'borrowing them'
why are you here?
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:54   #25
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

because you arent?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:59   #26
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
because you arent?
so you were ignoring me all this time or it was just a coincidence?
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:58   #27
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
erm shops must be able to open them especially the likes of Amazon and Tesco-online (where i ordered mine) as they are saying they will be delivered on the 21st, and they couldnot do this without dispatching them before midnight.

Yes i am looking forward too it, it should be better that the 4th or at least it has the scope to be, i hope it will be.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 02:02   #28
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Someone steal a book, read it fast, and then post spoilers everywhere. That will teach those "Strict on-sale Date" scum.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 02:06   #29
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I should be getting my copy on thursday. Review copies kick ass

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 02:08   #30
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by nickhall
erm shops must be able to open them especially the likes of Amazon and Tesco-online (where i ordered mine) as they are saying they will be delivered on the 21st, and they couldnot do this without dispatching them before midnight.
This is slightly different in the fact that most of those orders are being handled by distributors, not individual shops. I'm fairly certain they decided it would have been a bad idea to refuse shipment till AFTER the 21st...
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 02:40   #31
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
This is slightly different in the fact that most of those orders are being handled by distributors, not individual shops. I'm fairly certain they decided it would have been a bad idea to refuse shipment till AFTER the 21st...
My wife's branch of a certani big book store (Waterstones) will be getting their copies abount 2 hours before they are supposed to be on sale.

The book store with the company I work for is due a review copy a damn site sooner (ty Daily Mail apparently)

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 16:29   #32
das_experiment

Heard sum english gheezers stole HP5 books for 1mill pound today. WTG :P
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 16:38   #33
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
My wife's branch of a certani big book store (Waterstones) will be getting their copies abount 2 hours before they are supposed to be on sale.

The book store with the company I work for is due a review copy a damn site sooner (ty Daily Mail apparently)

Vaio
heh that's cutting it kinda close. I'd be out sick with an acute case of SARS if they tried to cut it that close..I don't even want to THINK about what would happen if a store didn't have their copies on time...

THIS HARRY POTTER THING DRIVES PEOPLE CRAZY! or something..