User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:04   #1
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Right, I'm off to kick the BBC in the nuts

WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT HEWITT AND SOME RETARD NOBODY I'VE NEVER HEARD OF.

I WANT THE ****ING SIMPSONS.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.

This really really irritates me. GRRRRRR.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:07   #2
poshphil
Little Bitch

right that match is over, it better be the simpsons now.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:26   #3
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Would an explaination, or a linky to whatever the **** you're talking about be too much to ask?
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:32   #4
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Would an explaination, or a linky to whatever the **** you're talking about be too much to ask?
6pm is when the simpsons comes on. i turn on, it happens to be tennis. This makes me angry. I don't like tennis. Especially not when it replaces simpsons.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:35   #5
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
6pm is when the simpsons comes on. i turn on, it happens to be tennis. This makes me angry. I don't like tennis. Especially not when it replaces simpsons.
Tennis is a french poofs invention.

Theres no point watching now theyve changed the camera angles so theres no behind-the-female-player-serving angle.

I believe sci-fi is also a victim.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 21:46   #6
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If the BBC were a restaurant, the food would arrive several hours late, and only after you had been force fed brussel sprouts for that period. You would refuse to pay, and justifiably so. If you refuse to pay the BBC, you get shipped off to prison and fined.
It must be nice to be the only private company in the world who is legally allowed to levy a tax.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 21:51   #7
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
It must be nice to be the only private company in the world who is legally allowed to levy a tax.
The BBC isn't a private company and hasn't been since the mid-20s.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 21:55   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism

Damn. Seventy years? Somehow I doubt jammers was even born then.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:18   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I like tennis.

I like the simpsons.

The difference is, I'll have seen the simpsons before.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 23:54   #10
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
Then how would I, the public(or part of) go about asking them to buck up their ideas and use one of their many digital channels to show sport on? I'm sure little Jimmy, aged 2 3/4 will not object to vigarously to the 3rd showing of Balamory being pre-empted for tennis.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 00:29   #11
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Thumbs down

it's wimbledon soon
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 01:41   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I like tennis.

I like the simpsons.

The difference is, I'll have seen the simpsons before.
You haven't seen tennis before? Then how do you know you like it?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:04   #13
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by W
if only episode of the simpsons was a new one. instead they repeat series one over and over again.

in fact, they repeated it so much that at one stage I could probably tell you which episode you were going to watch by the groovy thing they did on the couch, or at the very least if I had seen it before.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:35   #14
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Sluiter rawks

The Simpsons were 5 mins late or so. I didn't mind
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:55   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'd rather watch the Tennis than another Simpsons repeat.

Even Sky One repeats the fking Simpsons, let alone BBC 2.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:37   #16
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
we get gaelic programs tonight, w00t w00t.

we need a [sarcasm] tag like SA.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:44   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Change my 'the' to 'that'.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:47   #18
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
in New Zealand they used to show the Simpsons every week night at 6 and new episodes on sundays at 7. shockingly, the repeats were replaced by..... Big Brother. Wankers
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 22:14   #19
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Then how would I, the public(or part of) go about asking them to buck up their ideas and use one of their many digital channels to show sport on? I'm sure little Jimmy, aged 2 3/4 will not object to vigarously to the 3rd showing of Balamory being pre-empted for tennis.
Send them a letter, phone them, email them etc. etc.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:17   #20
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
why not write to good old Terry Wogan on Points of View? he's a nice fellow, i'm sure he'd sort it out
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:18   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I like Terry.

I used to enjoy Radio 2.

PUT A BULLET IN MY HEAAAAAD

KILLL MEEEEE
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:31   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I don't want them to show sport on the digital channels, then I can't get it.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:01   #23
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I don't want them to show sport on the digital channels, then I can't get it.
Exactly. BBC would make a fortune flogging digi boxes to sports fans like yourself, and we wouldn't have to watch those disturbing adverts where Gary Lineker has breasts, because most of the country would have "Freeview". And with the money they get, they can buy decent shows.

In the meantime, we can all write nice letters to Mr Wogan demanding that play be stopped at Wimbledon from 6PM to 7:30PM, so that The Simpsons and Star Trek won't be cancelled. I seem to remember the BBC persuading UEFA to delay a football match so that they wouldn't have to shorten an episode of Eastenders, and surely there are more Simpsons\Star Trek fans than there are Eastenders fans.
If that doesn't work, then we'll protest outside Wimbledon.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:02   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
and surely there are more Simpsons\Star Trek fans than there are Eastenders fans
I hope I smell irony, there.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:36   #25
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I hope I smell irony, there.

I was talking about internationally.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:37   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

oh
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 02:08   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Exactly. BBC would make a fortune flogging digi boxes to sports fans like yourself, and we wouldn't have to watch those disturbing adverts where Gary Lineker has breasts, because most of the country would have "Freeview". And with the money they get, they can buy decent shows.
I'd get sky digital, and they'd get none of my money! (Apart from the license fee)