User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2003, 13:53   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
A story of a young man going down

Quote:
A few days I ago:

A man who is half Mexican and half British walks around on a late summer night finding himself constantly surprised by the presence of the stiff corpse of a native American. Amidst these encounters he reflects on the gap between his parents' cultures and how this conflict eventually will compell him to take revenge on society in a way that noone has ever before thought possible...!

I've written it now. It's a kind of political text, if you please, and it deals with some of the most difficult question we have to face every day.

Shows what can happen to a seemingly intelligent young man who thinks he understands, but doesn't quite get the big picture. It shows what happens when you have reached a certain level of understanding, but aren't willing to make the sacrifice such insight demands.

Apart from that, the language isn't particularily good, sometimes unessential material takes over, and it could just as well be random crap written by a ten year old. But that's not true I tell you.

Anyway I want to publish it so that someone else than me can read it.

So please, how can I do this with the least of troubles?

Matrim
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 13:59   #2
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
put it in word click print, change no of copies to 300, stand in a town centre and hand it out, the nodrog way.

or pay to get it published
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 14:00   #3
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like nodrog's life story
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 15:17   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Spread it over the internett?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 23:49   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Spread it over the internett?

That would be nice. Problem is that I have to find somewhere to upload it. Takes effort :/

Matrim
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 23:52   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
That would be nice. Problem is that I have to find somewhere to upload it. Takes effort :/

Matrim
www.home.no free space for all us special people.
And then get FlashXp, (or something) and upload it! Then, spam it all over all places, so everybody knows about it and reads it, thus giving you a chance that somebody who knows somebody reads it, and then youre famous!

Please give me a when youre rich?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 23:58   #7
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
www.home.no free space for all us special people.
And then get FlashXp, (or something) and upload it! Then, spam it all over all places, so everybody knows about it and reads it, thus giving you a chance that somebody who knows somebody reads it, and then youre famous!

Please give me a when youre rich?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I've only spent two hours or so total in writing this mess. It's only three pages long.

But I think it's fun to write, and I want somebody else to read it so that they can tell me how awful it is, because that would give me a good feeling I think. It's trange but true.

Thanks for the page though, I'm creating an account just now.

Matrim
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 00:00   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Sorry to disapoint you, but I've only spent two hours or so total in writing this mess. It's only three pages long.

But I think it's fun to write, and I want somebody else to read it so that they can tell me how awful it is, because that would give me a good feeling I think. It's trange but true.

Thanks for the page though, I'm creating an account just now.

Matrim
Well, its always fun to read what others write. At least as long as you can point at them and laugh afterwards...() And some of the best things i've read in norwegian has been at 3 or so pages, so small = not neccesraily bad. (Look at Jens Bjørneboe, some of his essays are quite small, but a good read!)
AND it is fun to write!
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 00:04   #9
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
Well, its always fun to read what others write. At least as long as you can point at them and laugh afterwards...() And some of the best things i've read in norwegian has been at 3 or so pages, so small = not neccesraily bad. (Look at Jens Bjørneboe, some of his essays are quite small, but a good read!)
AND it is fun to write!

I don't think I can quite live up to the Jens Bjørneboe standard, but it is fun to write.

That site was brilliant btw. I'll upload the story tomorrow night if I have time. I am a busy, busy man.

Matrim
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 00:04   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Matrim, I didn't read your post but I love you.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 00:12   #11
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
Matrim, I didn't read your post but I love you.
Poem:

Aww, I love you too.
I'm going to sleep now
Perhaps I'll dream of you.

Matrim
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 00:14   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Matrim, for a norwegian, you are fluffabale!

Writing is fun, give me url tommorow! I want to read!