User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:23   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Matrix reloaded

I have just seen the Final trailer.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
I mean is this the fck greatest movie or what???
I havent even seen the thing and I know that it is going to be the greatest movie, what am I saying EVENT!!!!!

I cant find any superlatives to describe this movie
waoooooooooooooooooooooo
Neo flies, there are 1000 agent Smiths and those twins that can become ghosts oh waooooooo

I will go and bang my head against the wall to calm down

damn it!!!!!!!!!!

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 20:37   #2
Red
Reborn

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, now you made me all excited

Ignorance is a bliss unless you die of it
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:21   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
As it happens, I have just watched the trailer for the second time, after spending a couple of hours downloading the trailer whilst reading some of Green Mars by Kim Stanely Robinson. I have to agree that it looks excellent, and I can't wait to see it.

It will have to go some to better my experience of watching the very first midnight showing of Attack of The Clones, where everyone sat up in their seats to see Yoda fight. What a tingle that was.

To me it doesn't look like there are a "1000" agent smiths, more like a hundred, and the Twins certianly do look suitably creepy.

However, X-Men 2 is out on the 1st of May, and so I will look forward to first. Then Matrix Reload. Then The HULK.

Is it me or is 2003 looking like it's gonna turn out to be one hell of a year for films.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:25   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
As it happens, I have just watched the trailer for the second time, after spending a couple of hours downloading the trailer whilst reading some of Green Mars by Kim Stanely Robinson. I have to agree that it looks excellent, and I can't wait to see it.

It will have to go some to better my experience of watching the very first midnight showing of Attack of The Clones, where everyone sat up in their seats to see Yoda fight. What a tingle that was.

To me it doesn't look like there are a "1000" agent smiths, more like a hundred, and the Twins certianly do look suitably creepy.

However, X-Men 2 is out on the 1st of May, and so I will look forward to first. Then Matrix Reload. Then The HULK.

Is it me or is 2003 looking like it's gonna turn out to be one hell of a year for films.

Watch out for Anger Management as THE hit of the summer.

But i agree , its going to be a cracking 2003.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:08   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
and apparently the 3rd Matrix installment is set to release this year aswell :eek:
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:58   #6
The Nashmeister

The Matrix was the worst and most overrated movie ever made. It was a ****************ing Disney movie, Snow White. The girl kisses him and he comes back to life? Bah, bullshit. Things like plot, cohesion, etc. should come before special effects. That's like saying Super Mario Sunshine is better than Super Mario Brothers 3 just because it has 3d graphics. Don't fall into this new era of homosexuality.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:58   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
isn't

terminator 3 meant to be coming out this year?

god knows how...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:59   #8
The Nashmeister

Did I mention I was back? And more spiteful than ever.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:02   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I have to admit, I sat there and watched the Matrix Reloaded trailer several times, it is easily the coolest trailer for a movie that I have ever seen. In my opinion it is going to be abso****inglutely bad ass, with action scenes like the ones they have shown there, I really couldnt give a rats-arse about the obvious complete lack of sensicle plot.

Terminator 3 this year I'm not looking forward too as much as I once was. I think its coming around 5 years too late, and the setting is all wrong. Did we really need another 'modern day' battle between a complete unbeatable terminator that somehow gets ****ed up, when we could have had a future setting, maybe based around a key moment of the war and the final defeating of Skynet or something?
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:19   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
T3 is Arnies very last chance of a big movie.

His career is dead.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:20   #11
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
T3 is Arnies very last chance of a big movie.
Not the contractually obligated T4 then?
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:27   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Not the contractually obligated T4 then?
That contract will be torn up when T3 sinks without trace.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:28   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
That contract will be torn up when T3 sinks without trace.
Thing is, T3 will still do well, because even if it does turn out to be a stinking crock of ****e, which I'm quite confident it will do, people like me, will go to see it anyway.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:32   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Thing is, T3 will still do well, because even if it does turn out to be a stinking crock of ****e, which I'm quite confident it will do, people like me, will go to see it anyway.

I pray that the franchise dies with this film.

Its been done to death. Theres no James Cameron, theres no John Williams soundtrack, and the movie sounds to all intents and purposes like theyre going to try and do it on a shoestring.

**** that. Id rather remember the franchise for the awesome T2.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:37   #15
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
I pray that the franchise dies with this film.

Its been done to death. Theres no James Cameron, theres no John Williams soundtrack, and the movie sounds to all intents and purposes like theyre going to try and do it on a shoestring.

**** that. Id rather remember the franchise for the awesome T2.
I tend to agree that yes, this film will suck more sweaty man penis than DarkJedi during Happy Hour at pompey docks. But, I'm not ruling out the possibilty of another, excellent film, further down the line. I certainly hold a high hope for a future war setting, as the whole I've been sent back in time to kill you, thing is getting old.

I mean, **** it, why not go back to the middle ages or something and whack Sarah Conners great great great great great great granddad.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:41   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I tend to agree that yes, this film will suck more sweaty man penis than DarkJedi during Happy Hour at pompey docks.
Signature Material
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 00:50   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Signature Material
You just to put a space between the > and Rids
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 01:08   #18
Jas

Jas is an unknown quantity at this point
yup

matrix > * defo

ph40wr guys in black trench coats!!!
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 05:39   #19
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
the matrix was a pile of ass.

Keanu reeves only played a good part because all he had to do was look confused all movie, and as we all know he only has one acting style which is that.

The last scene was only good cause of the RATM song that put everyone in a good mood when they left the theatre.

The fight scenes were horrible, just cause they used some flashy effects, doesnt mean that they were good fighters, they were so below par it was unbelievable.

Save yourself the effort and go rent out an old bruce lee movie.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 07:23   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha

The fight scenes were horrible, just cause they used some flashy effects, doesnt mean that they were good fighters, they were so below par it was unbelievable.

most people aren't such fine conniseurs of GongFu action though. considering that none of the actors had any martial arts training prior to the film, and Reeves did all his training in a neck brace, I thought they did very well indeed.
The next one has the advantage that the actors have both done it before, and the Twins are Karate Black belts to begin with.

incidentally, large chunks of T3 were reshot when they heard about the car chase scene in the new Matrix film.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 08:22   #21
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
most people aren't such fine conniseurs of GongFu action though. considering that none of the actors had any martial arts training prior to the film, and Reeves did all his training in a neck brace, I thought they did very well indeed.
Watch whilst i shed tears for keanu and his neck brace....

still didnt make the fight scenes any better

#phnx
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 08:29   #22
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Watch whilst i shed tears for keanu and his neck brace....

still didnt make the fight scenes any better
as I said, most people aren't conniseurs of GongFu.

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 08:38   #23
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
as I said, most people aren't conniseurs of GongFu.
neither am I, but i know when people cant fight, and they cant fight.

#phnx
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:01   #24
Smirn0ff Ic3

Smirn0ff Ic3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is being Anti-Matrix 'cool' now?
Smirn0ff Ic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 12:02   #25
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Smirn0ff Ic3
people will be marching through the streets in protest before you know it - that's how "cool" it is.

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 14:51   #26
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
neither am I, but i know when people cant fight, and they cant fight.
It's not about the ability to fight though, The Matrix is 100% about style, something lacking from movies for a very long time.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 14:58   #27
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Seems like black trenches are going to be the fashion of the autumn 2003. Shame I already have one.

It seems I have to go watch Reloaded then.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:22   #28
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Smirn0ff Ic3
No, the same people always post the same "opinion" in every Matrix thread since 1999.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:53   #29
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The Nashmeister
The Matrix was the worst and most overrated movie ever made. It was a ****************ing Disney movie, Snow White. The girl kisses him and he comes back to life? Bah, bullshit. Things like plot, cohesion, etc. should come before special effects. That's like saying Super Mario Sunshine is better than Super Mario Brothers 3 just because it has 3d graphics. Don't fall into this new era of homosexuality.
you=the ghey
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 15:56   #30
eple
Voodoo chile

Quote:
the matrix was a pile of ass.

Keanu reeves only played a good part because all he had to do was look confused all movie, and as we all know he only has one acting style which is that.

The last scene was only good cause of the RATM song that put everyone in a good mood when they left the theatre.

yeah, you=the ghey as well.
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:31   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Nashmeister
i commend you, this was an EXCELLENT post to return on

Welcome back!

I never saw the fascination with the matrix. I fell asleep during it first time at the cinema. My mate then forced it round to my house and made me stay awake watching it. "Psuedo-prophetic" sounds like a good description. The only enjoyable thing in the entire movie was the part where he learnt "drunken boxing" in the headgear education type system.

Oh, and dont even attempt to wave off "anti-matrix feeling" as a fad, or 'cool'. The matrix was one big fad for people obsessed with guns, and trenchcoats. I've lost count of how many e-people, irl-people and movie critics have compared any fight scene following it to the matrix, or said "they stole that from the matrix" etc.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:31   #32
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
As a person who enjoys movies solely based on the special effects involved...

The Matrix Reloaded will the the best movie ever. Or mebbe X-Men 2. Or Return of The King. Or....argggh

Quote:
As it happens, I have just watched the trailer for the second time, after spending a couple of hours downloading the trailer whilst reading some of Green Mars by Kim Stanely Robinson.
Excellent series btw.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:36   #33
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
Originally posted by eple
yeah, you=the ghey as well.
Or I = someone who isnt sucked in by overdone special effects

#phnx
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:54   #34
eple
Voodoo chile

gaaaaaaaay
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 23:21   #35
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
i commend you, this was an EXCELLENT post to return on

Welcome back!

I never saw the fascination with the matrix. I fell asleep during it first time at the cinema. My mate then forced it round to my house and made me stay awake watching it. "Psuedo-prophetic" sounds like a good description. The only enjoyable thing in the entire movie was the part where he learnt "drunken boxing" in the headgear education type system.

Oh, and dont even attempt to wave off "anti-matrix feeling" as a fad, or 'cool'. The matrix was one big fad for people obsessed with guns, and trenchcoats. I've lost count of how many e-people, irl-people and movie critics have compared any fight scene following it to the matrix, or said "they stole that from the matrix" etc.
It had no plot.

It had kick arse action scenes.

It had guns.

It had trenchcoats.

**** sake what more do you want from a film? Or are you one of these annoying twats that enjoys those poxy 7 hour epics that result in a film that you only watch once, because the 2nd or 3rd time bores your bollocks off.

Key examples being Gladiator, Titanic, Godfather 1, 2, 3, Shawshank Redemption, etc etc etc etc.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 23:34   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Do NOT mock the Godfather Trilogy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 23:37   #37
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Do NOT mock the Godfather Trilogy.
I absolutely loved them, dont get me wrong, but I've found it completely and utterly impossible to watch them again.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 23:50   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It had no plot.

It had guns.

It had trenchcoats.

**** sake what more do you want from a film?
why are these positives in any way?

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 23:50   #39
The Nashmeister

Did it have boobs? NO! Get out of my house.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:05   #40
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
why are these positives in any way?
Because, films with these in, generally provide me with 2 hours entertainment on a dull, drab, day.

I'm sorry if they dont meet your high standards though, maybe you should go and watch some French Noir, or other pointless dull ****e.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:10   #41
The Nashmeister

French noir? Bah, I'm the guy who HATED Fight Club. The Usual Suspects was nice though...
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:36   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Because, films with these in, generally provide me with 2 hours entertainment on a dull, drab, day.

I'm sorry if they dont meet your high standards though, maybe you should go and watch some French Noir, or other pointless dull ****e.
Im not the one whos trying to defend "guns, trenchcoats, and no plot" as ingredients to a good movie.

Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:39   #43
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Im not the one whos trying to defend "guns, trenchcoats, and no plot" as ingredients to a good movie.
Depends on what you consider a good movie to be.

I don't care if a movie is thought-provoking or not, it's not what I sit down and watch the movie for. I sit there and pay to be entertained. The Matrix was an entertaining film.

I put forward that this is the reality for most movie-goers.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:40   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

and i put forward that it was overrated rubbish.

But thats just my opinion, and yours is just yours.

My issue here is with Rids reasoning concerning why the matrix is a good movie or not.

Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:41   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
The Matrix was an entertaining film.
No it wasn't.

Watch it again and I get bored to hell by the pointless plot details.

If I want mindless action, I'll watch Jet Li films.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:41   #46
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
No it wasn't.

Watch it again and I get bored to hell by the pointless plot details.

If I want mindless action, I'll watch Jet Li films.
Did you walk out of the cinema thinking 'That wasn't a bad way to spend 2 hours'?

I'm not talking about review value here.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:44   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Did you walk out of the cinema thinking 'That wasn't a bad way to spend 2 hours'?
If it was a choice between The Matrix and The One, I would choose The One.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:45   #48
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
If it was a choice between The Matrix and The One, I would choose The One.
Irrelevant.

[Edit]
I'll expand: 'Some' people seem to be discounting films with mindless action, or a paper-thin plot to hold some martial arts scenes together, as having entertainment value.

This is clearly bollocks.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:46   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Irrelevant.
Watching The Matrix again, I find I'm sitting there waiting to get to the final sequence.

And it bores the fk out of me, as much as I get bored.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 00:58   #50
The Nashmeister

This is one of the few movies that I've fallen asleep during... The others being Striptese (WTF, NO BUSH?), and that good ol' overrated pile of ****, "A Beautiful Mind". Man, I must've had a ton of pudding snacks in my fridge and just needed a place to sit down and eat them when I watched that movie... No, not movie, DOCUMENTARY.