User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:28   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
300,000 of the UK population are Jedis !

Just saw an article on Channel 4's news, where they were discussing the results of the last UK census.
They mentioned that 300,000 people had entered Jedi as their religion
If anyone remembers, there were loads of emails flying around before the census started encouraging people to do this, and I was one of them!

May the force be with you
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:31   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I don't joke with IMPORTANT STUFF!
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:31   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Its 390,000

And to quote a random person from a random Mailing list

"I see 390,000 of you retards voted Jedi in the Census. If i had my way , id execute every mother****ing last one of you".
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:32   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

They're not Jedi's, they're twats.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:33   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Apparently Portsmouth has the highest percentage of people who voted Jedi.

AND WE KNOW WHICH JEDI RELATED TWAT LIVES THERE!!!!!!!!
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:35   #6
Woof
Banned

I deliberately completed my census with misleading crap, Jedi just seemed to be another novel entry.
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 20:58   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
ridiculous
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 21:37   #8
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
i put cake,but would they believe that?
damm society.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 21:45   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I worked on the Census (as a census enumerator) and I can confidently say the whole process was a load of bollocks. Total waste of tax-payers money, and utterly unreliable.

In the district that I and a friend "censused" (erm?) there were 600 properties or so. 500 of these properties we had to invent figures for. Still, we were paid roughly £400 extra due to the royal **** up.

And the census is a dodgy concept anyway. "We can fine you £1000 if you don't fill out our questionairre!".
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 22:13   #10
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
I deliberately completed my census with misleading crap, Jedi just seemed to be another novel entry.
Because lots of people will look at it and see how funny you were being? or so you could talk about the funny stuff you put down with your friends? hmmm.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 22:25   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Its 390,000

And to quote a random person from a random Mailing list

"I see 390,000 of you retards voted Jedi in the Census. If i had my way , id execute every mother****ing last one of you".
Hmm... Pulp Fiction fan by any chance?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 22:27   #12
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
Because lots of people will look at it and see how funny you were being? or so you could talk about the funny stuff you put down with your friends? hmmm.
I've not discussed it very much with my friends.
I just don't give a toss about the Census that's all.
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 22:36   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Is that enough for it to be a recognised religion, if so can we have every star wars film release date as a "religious holiday"

and various other dates, that various nerds can make up for us, if we get more than the 2 for being christian, its all profit man
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 23:09   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Is that enough for it to be a recognised religion, if so can we have every star wars film release date as a "religious holiday"

and various other dates, that various nerds can make up for us, if we get more than the 2 for being christian, its all profit man
No. That part of the campaign was, in a word, bollocks.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 23:11   #15
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks

Yeah and plus when they develop light-sabers (as if) then we can claim them as holy artifacts and hog them all
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 23:15   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Indeed. The only thing that getting over X number of Jedi's achieved was that the National Statistics Office just had Jedi aas a seperate category in their adding-up as opposed to just lumping it with the "Others".
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 23:15   #17
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
i found it interesting, and informative

your right its bollocks
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 23:59   #18
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
copycats :/

New Zealand did that in our census ages ago and got on random US tv programmes because of it..
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 00:03   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Hmm... Pulp Fiction fan by any chance?

Actually , i think i overquoted there. He said he would shoot every ****ing one of you , but i just added the pulp fiction quote for effect , since his quote wasnt as 1337
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 12:45   #20
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Indeed. The only thing that getting over X number of Jedi's achieved was that the National Statistics Office just had Jedi aas a seperate category in their adding-up as opposed to just lumping it with the "Others".
Instead of the "others" column, it got put into the "Clever little ****s" column.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 15:15   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Get all 400,000 together, and start a religion. Thats quite a "power base". Then, do random stuff, get money from the goverment, get new holidays and other stuff.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 15:54   #22
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
and you people call American's retards now I see why the world is so ****ed up
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 15:57   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
They don't seriously believe they're Jedi (well, most of them).

Show me evidence that Americans are acting in a stupid manner as a joke and that will become a valid point.

No 'Bush cannot be real' comments apply.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 16:00   #24
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It all roots back to the Americans.

An American made the film.

Ha!

It's all America's fault.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 19:49   #25
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
I thought the results of a census were classified for 50/100 years?
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 19:53   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Taratang
I thought the results of a census were classified for 50/100 years?
Individual records are classified for 99 (or 100) years. So you wouldn't be able to find out that Mrs Jones at Number 23 is a Catholic until 2100.

But obviously the general results are released since it'd be useless otherwise.
Unread 14 Feb 2003, 20:05   #27
Woof
Banned

Quote:
It was a joke, done for a laugh, so i can see why Americans don't get it