User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2003, 00:33   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Angry Uefa

Whats the point in having a second competition if thats the standard of refereeing thats going to be deployed during it?

I am physically sick tonight. we were ****ing robbed. Also i have a whole new respect for british football. Liverpool and Blackburn were the only sides who had any intention of playing fair against us, and i think both would agree that overall we beat them fairly.

Celta vigo, stuttgart, boavista, Porto. None of these sides ever had any intention of playing football. They took to deck quicker than a starved hardened smoker takes to ciggarettes.

I cant believe it. I really cant believe it. Our fans were magnificient - robbed of the cup, and all you hear is "youll never walk alone" ringing around the stadium minutes after the final whistle. They did us proud, and i hope they car bomb the porto team bus.

Seriously, what a pile of pish. Balde being sent off was a joke. The offside decisions were a joke. The handball decision was a joke. The ref falling for every single time the porto players went down was an absolute disgrace. Vitor Baia's 3 point roll was abysmal. The attempts to get Joos Valgaeren sent off were humiliating. The porto player who stayed down after fouling alan thompson was a ****ing joke. The amount of time they spent celebrating that went unpunished was unbelievable (2 minutes a piece). And Deco. First half he was brilliant, i thought he was a genuine player. Second half he proved me wrong.

Porto are the worst side to ever lift the UEFA cup. I hope people are embarrased to support that team tonight, as they didnt deserve anything. I am very proud to be a celtic supporter tonight as i feel our team and our fans gave a fantastic account of themselves. And that team is good enough to reach a european final again next year, no doubt about it.

Livid.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:37   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Uefa

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
but if celtic had won, then you wouldnt care.

you lost the game, get over it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:37   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Celtic should've won the UEFA Cup and Ajax should've won the Champion's League.
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:41   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Uefa

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
but if celtic had won, then you wouldnt care.

you lost the game, get over it.
Yes i would have. We beat Celta Vigo and Stuttgart and Boavista, i am still caring about that

Unread 22 May 2003, 00:44   #5
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
The defining moment for me was one of the porto players being stretchered off for the third time, yet still managing to come back on and play through extra time.

pure hilarity.
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:46   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Vitor Baia's feigned "larsson hit me in mid air" then "hey i was tripped" roll, followed by getting up before "hey if im on the ground play cant continue" shenanigans were hilarious

Worst Uefa cup champions EVER.

Unread 22 May 2003, 00:49   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Vitor Baia's feigned "larsson hit me in mid air" then "hey i was tripped" roll, followed by getting up before "hey if im on the ground play cant continue" shenanigans were hilarious

Worst Uefa cup champions EVER.
the Uefa cup is and always has been a poor mans champions league. It probably only still exists because so many clubs NEED the money generated from it.
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:51   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Balde deserved to be sent off.

Dont even THINK of trying to defend that second booking. The tackle was mistimed and nowhere near the ball , and sent the guy flying. Even without the rolling around , it was worth a straight red.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:52   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Im not going to argue its as good. But there are still very decent sides in it. And having it makes National leagues more interesting, more teams having something to fight for etc.

And its still entertaining, it fills the footballing schedule. I guess everyone was Yawning tonight, or when "boring boring liverpool" won 5-4 against alaves eh.

Unread 22 May 2003, 00:55   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Balde deserved to be sent off.

Dont even THINK of trying to defend that second booking. The tackle was mistimed and nowhere near the ball , and sent the guy flying. Even without the rolling around , it was worth a straight red.
Maybe losing archibald and paterson has blinded you Kura because you are COMICALLY wrong.

Balde didnt touch him. The guy planted two feet on the ground and dived right over him. I think he might have hit Balde's arm on the way down. He injured himself diving, as he managed to waste 3 minutes on the ground.

And the first challenge balde got the ball, then half a second later the porto player fell on him.

Thompsons body charge was more deserved of a yellow than either of these.

PS Deco vs Derlei for World Breakdancing championship Dance-off. THe amount of spinning and rolling and leg grabs on the ground by both was hilarious.

Unread 22 May 2003, 01:03   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Maybe losing archibald and paterson has blinded you Kura because you are COMICALLY wrong.

Balde didnt touch him. The guy planted two feet on the ground and dived right over him. I think he might have hit Balde's arm on the way down. He injured himself diving, as he managed to waste 3 minutes on the ground.
I think unfortunately Deffeh, youre seeing this though green and white tinted spectacles

Balde's first tackle did indeed get the ball. However it was from behind and took the man down by going pretty much through him.

Thats not a legal tackle you know.

And the second one, the guy had gone past Balde and was clear. He wouldnt have gained anything by going down, and the replays show Bobo came steaming in , mistimed the challenge ,and caught the guy.

Note : Martin O'Neill didnt say a single thing about the tackles that got Balde sent off. Pretty much nobody has said anything other than "He deserved to go"

Except you.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 01:08   #12
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Can anybody enlighten me as to what's up with the what appeared to me as Irish flags, lots of them, among the crowds?
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 01:10   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
I think unfortunately Deffeh, youre seeing this though green and white tinted spectacles

Balde's first tackle did indeed get the ball. However it was from behind and took the man down by going pretty much through him.

Thats not a legal tackle you know.

And the second one, the guy had gone past Balde and was clear. He wouldnt have gained anything by going down, and the replays show Bobo came steaming in , mistimed the challenge ,and caught the guy.

Note : Martin O'Neill didnt say a single thing about the tackles that got Balde sent off. Pretty much nobody has said anything other than "He deserved to go"

Except you.
Martin O'Neill was speechless because he couldnt believe wed been beaten by another dodgy ref, and another team that never had any intrest in playing football.

The first challenge wasnt from behind, if you could make any criticism of it you could say he was maybe high, but considering he got the ball a good half second before the man was mysteriously sniped from the stands and fell down and died (only to spend 4 mins writhing in pain before getting up to dive again)

Porto dont think like "what will we gain by going down". Staying up seems to be the issue for them, one which they never resolved the entire game. I ask you again Kurashima, watch the ****ing replay then come back. Balde didnt touch him. He wasnt clear, he was Running AT balde. Thats a huge difference too. he put TWO FEET on the ground, then JUMPED over balde, and rolled about on the ground

Call me a traditionalist but that isnt a foul. 2 Dives, 2 yellows. Another ref falling for a no-skilled team of divers.

Robbed. And dont change what happened Kura, it doesnt make you look smart.

Unread 22 May 2003, 01:11   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
Can anybody enlighten me as to what's up with the what appeared to me as Irish flags, lots of them, among the crowds?
Celtic was founded by irish, as a way of providing money to poor irish living in glasgow. Thus has always had a huge irish support

Unread 22 May 2003, 01:37   #15
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Balde did touch him and deserved at least a yellow card for that. I can't remember first booking to be honest, if it was in first half i fell asleep as that was quite boring, unlike the 2nd half which was a joy to watch.

I must say that the ref was crap and Celtic did have a lot of strange decisions given against them. I think most of the Porto team were trying for Oscars, most notably the keeper at the end who jumped over the leg then did a little roll trying to escape that sniper in the crowd.

Both defences were poor, and Deco showed that with the first two goals. Then Porto returned the favour by not marking Larsson for the 2nd goal.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 02:28   #16
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve
ok, we got beat tonight, by a superb team but as Martin O'Neill said "unsportmanlike behaviour" ruined the game. Seriouly i have never been more pruod of Celtic in my life than i am at this moment, we played like champions, we deserved to win the game, every player gave his all and as i said to one guy in the pub during half time "larsson will save us m8" and that he did, 2 fkin excellent goals, pity Porto scored that ET goal, Rab D was totally wrong footed, was good skils by Delrei or whatever he's called. Celtic from the 2nd half onwards were the better team in my opninion, they took so much possesion in the midfield from Porto it was stunning, Agathe played what i'd say the best performance ive ever seen from him (very close to the Ajax 3-1 win game though) the pace of the frenchman and the skills, the pisstakes he took from the Porto defence the cross balls he played in, fkin fantastic, he was my man of the match, i think Bobo definetly had 1 yellow card against his name, but the red was a step to far, i think the ref had something against tackling from behind, nearly every player was penalised for it on both teams when they commited to tackels from behind, even if they won the ball. There was also to many loose balls from celtic which porto pickd up on, but good defence stopped them becoming goals in the end.

Celtic survied nearly all of ET without Dinobobo Balde, which in its own is immense, 10 men vs 11 of one of the best european teams, to hold on for as long as they did without porbably the mot influential player in the team at the back is stunning

I remain by my original statement, I am never more proud of Celtic than i am at this moment in my life, i think all Celtic supporters should feel the same way, our team played like champions today and i think thats all we need to know in our hearts, we lsot, but played fkin fantastic, this is what will see us in what i suspect the last 16 in europe again next season. And with this performance against Kilmarnock on Sunday, we will win the league and go to the champions league !!!

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark
WALK ON!!!! through the wind
WALK ON!!!!, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
WALK ON!!!, WALK ON!!!, WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEARTS !!!!!
AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!!!!
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!
WALK ON!!! WALK ON!!!, WITH HOPE IN YOUR IN HEARTS !!!
AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!!
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foo~ lifelong TIM !!!!
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 03:00   #17
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want to get into the last 16 in Europe next season, and i presume you mean the CL, then you really need to sort your defence out a bit. Tonight it was pretty poor, not just from you but Porto also.

I thought you did really well tonight anyway and thought that you were going to win that game in the 2nd half. You did well, and if i were a Scot i'd be proud that you have a football team you can be proud of since your national team is crap
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 07:28   #18
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Uefa

Quote:
Whats the point in having a second competition if thats the standard of refereeing thats going to be deployed during it?

I don't see the point of this competition anyway. Like a dutch newspaper wrote: It has become a rip-off, a competition for the poors only.
Unread 22 May 2003, 08:23   #19
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Celtic should've won the UEFA Cup and Ajax should've won the Champion's League.
i tend to agree
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 08:26   #20
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Re: Re: Uefa

Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze
I don't see the point of this competition anyway. Like a dutch newspaper wrote: It has become a rip-off, a competition for the poors only.
the uefa-cup is the european cup for cupwinners originally. Eeven if you would end in the bottom of the competitionrankings, if you win the national cup you get to the uefa cup tournament. Thats the whole idea, has nottin to do with rankings. Tho i tend to agree a bit since the losers from the CL get to play uefa some way...
Also, if a club wins the so called double the runner up in the cup final will go to the uefa cup.
Unread 22 May 2003, 09:53   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
If you want to get into the last 16 in Europe next season, and i presume you mean the CL, then you really need to sort your defence out a bit. Tonight it was pretty poor, not just from you but Porto also.

I thought you did really well tonight anyway and thought that you were going to win that game in the 2nd half. You did well, and if i were a Scot i'd be proud that you have a football team you can be proud of since your national team is crap
Admittedly our defence was absolutely shocking. I thought Balde made a couple of great tackles, and our midfielders made a couple of gooduns too, but Valgaeren and Mjallby were absolutely dire.

However, this was a complete one off. Our defence is usually the strongest area in the entire team. Considering that Blackburn / Liverpool managed one goal against us in four games, and Douglas maybe had one or two saves to make over the entire ties. I am in no way worried about the celtic defence.

Unread 22 May 2003, 09:58   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Re: Re: Re: Uefa

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
the uefa-cup is the european cup for cupwinners originally. Eeven if you would end in the bottom of the competitionrankings, if you win the national cup you get to the uefa cup tournament. Thats the whole idea, has nottin to do with rankings. Tho i tend to agree a bit since the losers from the CL get to play uefa some way...
Also, if a club wins the so called double the runner up in the cup final will go to the uefa cup.
That was the cup winners cup, and it was disbanded 4-5 years ago. The Champions League, The UEFA cup, and The Cup Winners cup all existed at the same time.

I must admit i enjoyed the cup winners cup too personally, although the standard of team wasnt very high, it allows teams a taste of european action. And it meant there was more Football for me to watch.

Unread 22 May 2003, 10:07   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
Balde did touch him and deserved at least a yellow card for that. I can't remember first booking to be honest, if it was in first half i fell asleep as that was quite boring, unlike the 2nd half which was a joy to watch.

I must say that the ref was crap and Celtic did have a lot of strange decisions given against them. I think most of the Porto team were trying for Oscars, most notably the keeper at the end who jumped over the leg then did a little roll trying to escape that sniper in the crowd.

i watched it first and i thought balde snapped him. Then from the replays i was sure the guy jumped right over Balde. However, i was drinking, and i was furious so there is of course a good chance my vision was impaired. I will watch the replay again; and make my mind up, but i am still 75% certain the guy jumped right over him.

The porto team are a disgrace to world football. Really. And the ref should re-read the part about "simulation" in his rulebook. A Dive = a yellow card. Its not too hard to remember. Maybe he forgot who he was meant to give the yellow card to.

Unread 22 May 2003, 10:37   #24
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
FA cup should have a champions league spot attached to it.
Celtic were crap
Balde was a fair sending off
Porto are cheats

The End

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:04   #25
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Uefa

Quote:
That was the cup winners cup, and it was disbanded 4-5 years ago.
Yeah, women and football...
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:14   #26
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uefa

Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze
Yeah, women and football...
pasted from the UEFA home page:

The UEFA Cup, which was introduced for the 1971/72 season, comprises a wide range of clubs across Europe that have qualified for the competition from a selection of differing routes.

Eligibility
The competition is open to each national association's domestic cup winners and clubs that finish directly below clubs that participate in the UEFA Champions League according to the UEFA coefficient ranking list.

men....
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:24   #27
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Now first off, let me say, I really, really, wanted Celtic to win that. Despite the English to Scottish football rivalry, I was cheering for Celtic all game.

However, Deffeh, for somebody who once accused me of being 'laughably biased' I feel you're having the same problem here.

We should have won, the ref beat us, blah blah blah - we can all look at games like that, and at times I think we all do.

As for the Porto team, yes, they were a bunch of diving european wankers. But, thats football on the continent for you, I think every single european game I've watched this season, has had my screaming at the TV when some two bit diving european tosser hits the floor like hes been shot.

To be successful in Europe, you have to learn how to deal with that, as United have pretty much done. The rest of English and Scottish clubs are going to have to learn too, I think Celtic walked out of tonights game with their heads held high, not only did they give it all they had, but they finished the game with a sense of honour, and fair play, that Porto will never have.
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:45   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
The UEFA Cup, which was introduced for the 1971/72 season, comprises a wide range of clubs across Europe that have qualified for the competition from a selection of differing routes.

Eligibility
The competition is open to each national association's domestic cup winners and clubs that finish directly below clubs that participate in the UEFA Champions League according to the UEFA coefficient ranking list.

men....
Youve changed your point though, you said it was for cupwinners originally. It wasnt. Before it was just those who finished below the champions league places. Since the cupwinners cup was scrapped, cup winners get UEFA cup places instead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Now first off, let me say, I really, really, wanted Celtic to win that. Despite the English to Scottish football rivalry, I was cheering for Celtic all game.

However, Deffeh, for somebody who once accused me of being 'laughably biased' I feel you're having the same problem here.

We should have won, the ref beat us, blah blah blah - we can all look at games like that, and at times I think we all do.
Quote:
However, i was drinking, and i was furious so there is of course a good chance my vision was impaired. I will watch the replay again; and make my mind up, but i am still 75% certain the guy jumped right over him.
Indeed Rids. It is very hard to be objective about your team being screwed over however. But its morning, and im calmer, but im still gutted. I know i saw things through green and white tinted glasses, because in the end, i was applauding every ACTUAL celtic foul on those portugeuse scum. When thompson body checked the guy off the field, i wouldnt normally applaud that. I LOVED IT last night, because it was about time those portugeuse ****s felt an ACTUAL foul.

This wasnt just about porto though. The standard of refereeing throughout the entire uefa cup was horrible. Celta vigo players would dive, then roll an average of 4 or 5 revolutions. To make it even more dramatic when they rolled onto their knees, they would spring propel themselves in the air. And the refs bought it all tournament long.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
As for the Porto team, yes, they were a bunch of diving european wankers. But, thats football on the continent for you, I think every single european game I've watched this season, has had my screaming at the TV when some two bit diving european tosser hits the floor like hes been shot.

To be successful in Europe, you have to learn how to deal with that, as United have pretty much done. The rest of English and Scottish clubs are going to have to learn too, I think Celtic walked out of tonights game with their heads held high, not only did they give it all they had, but they finished the game with a sense of honour, and fair play, that Porto will never have.
I dont see how we as british clubs value European competition highly if this is the standard of play we are going to encounter. Frankly i know Celtic are the best side to have played in the UEFA cup this year, and that gives me some relief at the very least. I would have rathered an english club beat us fair and square 3-0 last night, than to lose to those disgraces.

United are experienced enough in europe to know to stay away from the divers. Its ridiculous. A Ball is played in the air, and they go down holding their head. If someone runs past them, they fall down. UEFA Cup champions? Laughable. They arent half the team Celtic, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd or Rangers are.

Unread 22 May 2003, 12:30   #29
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Porto, their manager, their fans and their referee were a disgrace.
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:41   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm still waiting for the first occassion on which a manager or player rightly turns round and says "f**k off" after being told that he is "representing his country in Europe".
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:42   #31
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
When Vitor Baia fumbled inside his own 16 and lay there for 3 mins, i thought of the local theatre when i played hamlet in the school play 15 years ago.

NOT SOCCER!
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:24   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Golin

NOT SOCCER!
Indeed, its football.

Its about time someone tried to clone Mr Pierluigi Callina.
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:26   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What's this thread about then
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:33   #34
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's this thread about then
Nothing much.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 16:07   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

the death of football

Unread 22 May 2003, 16:48   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
the death of football
as long as i get something in the will
Unread 22 May 2003, 16:51   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Will the Aussies burn a goalpost?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote